[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

9 minutes ago, ncly said:

when he kissed her she got confused, may be taken back, surprised or perhaps scared? 

@ncly This is what I got from her reaction, which is a bit unreasonable, imo. I am positive she loves him, she even confessed first! She did a lot in the first half of CLOY that really showed how much she loved him and what she was willing to do for him. Which is why it's extremely upsetting to see these half-hearted kisses when they deserve all the passion in the world. Come on, there's even "we're going to die" sex, but here we see none of that! Not even a glimpse. (Rant over)

10 minutes ago, ncly said:

I'm unsure of how to understand this part, which I hope someone can enlightenment me on this. 

That someone should be CLOY. I feel like they are not clearly showing us what she feels or why she feels these emotions during the kissing scenes. 

14 minutes ago, ncly said:

now that we're back to SK, it suddenly just makes me miss the NK lives so much more.

that's true, all the charm was left in CLOY"s version of NK. I remember watching Episode 9 and when SR/JH said their goodbyes I felt like I was saying goodbye to this NK as well. I kinda felt that that could have been a proper ending....Idk. I agree with the point about tight community in NK, because people have to overcome more difficulties, they are stronger together, they value relationships more, and I feel like even SR and JH had a stronger bond there. Their sacrifices were real, like when Seri missed her chance to leave on the plane - that was huge! Because we knew how she was trapped in NK. When JH called her his fiancee, or even their first kiss - that was risky and very important! He risked for a reason. And their love felt real because the stakes were real. Now...it feels...less? I know the threat is there, but it feels less real, because Seri has connections. Why didn't she tell her father about CCG? Why did JH go alone after him? Now the actions seem to be unreasonable, imo. Oh sorry, going back to the kisses. Lol. After all of this, when it's finally somewhat safe to kiss, to touch each other, you'd think they'd take advantage of that. After all this time, it's finally safe to spend time together, even if they will be apart tomorrow.  I agree that they are stuck and not moving the relationship forward,, especially after Seri's reaction to their kiss this episode. It's episode 14, woman! 

23 minutes ago, ncly said:

I can't wait to see how everything wraps up in the last 2 episodes. Really going to miss all the casts and all the witty moments between everyone after the drama ends. 

Me too! I am so excited about the next 2 episodes. It's sad to let CLOY go, but I feel that I am ready for the ending at this point. It needs to end on a good note, rather than drag forever.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, avocado yum said:

About the last scene, I think it's CCK being shot by the NIS. The NIS already warned them if they're shot the NIS would make a move to shot them and CCK make sudden move to took his gun. Bcs if RJH got shot he would move or flinch as the hurt of the bullet or if he was shot CCK. So

I haven't gone back to read posts from today, but feel like Seri has to have informed her dad and NIS about RJH prior to confrontation with brother and sil.  Feel like she'd ask them to protect him at all cost. Also, strange NIS knows two men made it through but would not inquire about RJH in same sentence ... would prob have pics of him from the parking garage too. Same as when RJH is speaking to her mom. She asks how long they've been dating and scene cuts back to the ducklings. Seems like he'd have gone a little into the backstory. Now have to go back for rewatch lol

• Like 5

The news that they finished filming yesterday were false then. I think they are still actively filming the finale and will continue this week, it's very surprising how close they are filming to the airdates. The gag order on the set is a good sign that the writer is planning to surprise us with the finale. I only ask for Seri to initiate a kiss in the final episode and for them to have a real deep kiss, just one that shows all the right angles damn it! Not asking for much here. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 7

10 minutes ago, Favnia said:

that's true, all the charm was left in CLOY"s version of NK. I remember watching Episode 9 and when SR/JH said their goodbyes I felt like I was saying goodbye to this NK as well. I kinda felt that that could have been a proper ending....Idk. I agree with the point about tight community in NK, because people have to overcome more difficulties, they are stronger together, they value relationships more, and I feel like even SR and JH had a stronger bond there. Their sacrifices were real, like when Seri missed her chance to leave on the plane - that was huge! Because we knew how she was trapped in NK. When JH called her his fiancee, or even their first kiss - that was risky and very important! He risked for a reason. And their love felt real because the stakes were real. Now...it feels...less? I know the threat is there, but it feels less real, because Seri has connections. Why didn't she tell her father about CCG? Why did JH go alone after him? Now the actions seem to be unreasonable, imo. Oh sorry, going back to the kisses. Lol. After all of this, when it's finally somewhat safe to kiss, to touch each other, you'd think they'd take advantage of that. After all this time, it's finally safe to spend time together, even if they will be apart tomorrow.  I agree that they are stuck and not moving the relationship forward,, especially after Seri's reaction to their kiss this episode. It's episode 14, woman! 

yes and yes. while many people were excited for our couple to go back to SK back then, I was among the few who wasn't thrilled. I felt sad having to say goodbye to NK. It was such a relief that we still get glimpse of the lives of the NK ahjummas. The ducklings got a lot more screen time in the second half was also because if they didn't, the storyline would be pretty simple: revolving around Seri's family drama and catching CCG.

I feel like it wasn't too much to ask for some physical interactions between the lead. In my humble opinion, the scene when our OTP got drunk, he could gently carressed her cheek once when he confessed to her and looked at her with longing eyes. The scene at the bridge, he could simply wrap his arm around her and they both look out to the river below (symbolic of looking forward to their future). Even in today's episode, without any sexual tension she could simply touch his scars in the back on on his shoulder as she remarked of how serious those scars were. 

I forgive our writer-nim and director-nim for skipping those scenes by watching RJH's redemption: he practically pointed his a** towards YSR to show her his scar on the back :tounge_xd::joy:. I mean, seriously, if you wanna show a scar in the back, you could simply sit straight and lift up your shirt. I also love how competitive RJH is when he suddenly had the urge to showcase all his scars to prove hers was nothing. I bet he was waiting for her to pat him and touch those scars besides saying those words of consolation. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

What shocks me the most is there are no news of reward vacation yet for the hardworking crew.

Damn if Hotel del luna got to thailand then ill send Cloy team to switzerland for their vacation reward lol.

Its 17.7% rating ffs they need 1 week vacation especially son ye jin who got sick and still filming

• Like 8

ONE LAST TIME...

Epilogue in Ep14 reminded me so much of that first day after Seri crash landed into Jeong Hyeok's life when he was cooking her breakfast from scratch. Heck, at first glance, I even thought Jeong Hyeok was wearing the same shirt he did on that first day. Nice touch for writer-nim to take us back to the simple, domestic life that Seri and Jeong Hyeok had in NK.

Watching Seri's family dynamics honestly gives me a headache, even the mom and the dad. All I can hear is money, money, money, power, power, power. Jeong Hyeok should really think hard about leaving Seri alone in SK without him or the ducklings. It doesn't matter how good the clothes look on her or how delicious the fried chicken... with those kind of people around her, it won't be long until she passes away from an "accident" or worse, self-termination.

A life like that is much more dangerous than having CCG around. Pyo Chi Soo is right, one should not be deceived by the glitter and glamour of it all because some things (or people) only look good on the outside.

I do not have any expectation about the ending anymore. It's like Russian Roulette, we'll never know what we are going to get. Only writer-nim will decide on the fate of our OTP. I know we only have two episodes left, but I can't shake off a certain longing to see Seri and Jeong Hyeok again, in his lovely house in the outpost... but this time, with their couple rings and their current "engaged" status--- living a a happily domesticated life. What a difference it would make.

Now I know why I rarely ever demanded skinship from these two back in NK. So unlike when they were in SK.

The excitement and magic of capitalism has already worn off on me, most of them are based on materials things anyway. SK now feels like a cold, weary, scary place compared to the warm, sunny, snugly feel in that village RJH calls home. Though I know it is impossible, I wish RJH would be given the chance to take Seri to their little love nest one last time. I want to see Seri pillage all his potatoes and corn in the cellar and eat a heartfelt meal again with the ducklings, full of laughter and love.

I do not want them to talk about the political implications, the consequences and the danger for now. The world will always be complicated place and it will stay that way for a very long time. I just want them to live in the moment.

RJH will be the man of the house who spoils her to smithereens, letting her have her way all the time. Seri being able to put her guard down once again, without fear of being backstabbed because she has people who genuinely care for her and will literally take a bullet for her if needed be. I'm looking at you, Pyo Chi Soo.

Seri will once again have the chance to wear drab third world clothing and eat rice and sugar, bicker and laugh while trying to figure out in what river or mountain to bury Pyo Chi Soo. I would love to see that wall of ice melt again while Ri Jeong Hyeok watches them in amusement, getting jealous of Gwang Beom one last time. I mean, he is Ri Jeong Hyeok after all, NK's national treasure. Seeing all if them eating in one table is always a joy to watch.

Then at night, Seri and Jeong Hyeok will make themselves fit in his bed, snuggling under the thick blanket. Seri, not being an SK CEO. RJH, not being an NK soldier. No guns, multi-billion won investments, no desperation, no danger. Just kimchi, firewood, drip coffee and noodles made from scratch. Just Seri, Capt. Ri and their heart-tugging visual as man and wife.

How simple and happy their life had been, cloistered in that little village, cherished by all. I could almost feel the warmth of the sun and hear shouts of glee (and gossip) from the ducklings, the ahjummas and the kids the moment they see Seri and Jeong Hyeok (preferably playing the piano) inside that lovely little home even for one last time... :heartbreak:

• Like 12
  • Sad 2
  • Love 6

5 hours ago, marshemell0ws said:

'LMAO at the scene where Seri was like "I didn't unbutton his shirt" and RJH was like "I didn't do it either" LOL RJH you are getting better at lying everyday....

Hahaha... and what exactly did you "not" do, Captain Ri?? 

As we move into the final week of this epic journey, there's just so much feels to share!!

I absolutely loved Ep 14, all those other opinions about how CCG the Cockroach should just blardy die already, and RiRi simply need to get on with it notwithstanding. :lol: I do think the writer prolly agrees with these views, but with only about 90mins per episode, there's only this much that can be done and there needs to be prioritisation of story points and balance given to the "com" part of this rom-com.

There was so much funny and cute in this episode that was nicely paced with the excitement of the NIS getting involved that I honestly didn't realise that 90 minutes had already passed by the time we got to the end. Each episode has got to be the shortest 90 minutes ever, so I'm one of those who don't really get the complaints of "long" episodes. 

As the story reaches its end, I'm attempting once more a guess at the ending, holding on to some of my earlier suppositions with slight bits of amendments given what we know after ep 13 and 14:

• Ep 15 will provide some flashback again, this time with RJH and his conversations with that NIS officer he walked past in the hallway. When they do a slow-mo like that, there must be some significance to that encounter. I reckon the NIS officer by the showdown, already knows who RJH is. RJH is no rookie in the military (it's been 7 years at least and he's captain of forces that patrol the border. We've also seen his combat skills and can be quite certain he's not just an ordinary soldier, especially given who his dad is). He must surely know his way around the politics of cross-border relations. The last scene in Ep 14 must be a pre-planned encounter to nab CCG. Besides, even though he told his squad that they should return to NK should he not come back, he also emphasised that it would be unlikely he would fail in his mission. It's just that when there is gunfire involved, one can never be too sure. 

• There's no way RJH's father is not in the know of what's going on in SK. I'm quite sure that when the squad did not return with the rest of the athletics team, his father would have gotten intel on what happened. If RJH can be in touch with GSJ from SK, I'm certain his dad can be in touch with him from NK. In fact, it would not be surprising that dad intercepted RJH before he actually physically left for SK and worked out more details with him. The Chinese passport and SK resident card must surely be provided by his dad. RJH's privilege is tied to his father after all. How else does a mere army captain get such a document?

While I think RJH's dad's naming of a business relationship with Seri is likely to be a decoy, there's no saying he cannot actually make it happen. This might well be the way through which RJH manages to stay in SK to be with Seri, although, knowing how upright RJH is, I can't imagine his character wanting to be involved in this illegal "national slush fund" (Office 39). Scratch that

• I still hold to the expectation that being able to return CCG to NK will be the way to absolve RJH's family and F5 of any form of "crime against the country" that CCG and that other military dude was trying to pin on RJH's dad. The only thing remaining is to explain away Seri's presence in NK. The best is to still go back to the corruption of CCG to say that they had provided services using military resources to the S.Koreans who would pay. After all, there's already evidence pointing to what Seri's 2nd brother and sis-in-law were plotting. That portion of the evidence is enough to give CCG either the death sentence or hard labour for life, while explaining to good satisfaction why Seri was in NK (kidnapping!).

• What of Dan's uncle then? In exchange for keeping his skin intact, he'd have to pledge his allegiance to RJH's dad and agree to call off the engagement between his niece and RJH. Besides, Dan is all smitten with GSJ now - the one guy who has ever dared to profess his like for her. GSJ is named an infiltrator into NK for the sake of really just trying to get Seri out, not part of CCG's dirty business. Dan's uncle needs to do all of this so his own sister's life is not in danger.

• Dan leaves NK again to pursue her music once more. GSJ finds some way of getting out to Europe to be with her.

• Seri's brother drops all charges against GSJ. Dunno how this will be logic'd out, but else how can he be with Dan if he remains at large?

All that remains is RJH - will he defect in order to live a normal life with Seri? Can he do it safely, considering his family's high status and standing in NK? That remains tricky. RJH's character will simply not do something that goes against his conscience. I just think though, that with his father's connections, he can actually manage to get messages in and out of NK to SK and back and be in contact with her still. Again, if he managed to call GSJ from SK, why wouldn't he be able to call Seri? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

I love when they kiss and hug. My thought on kissing scene is :

1) why Hyun Bin closed his eyes when he kissed her. He is not a teenager. 

2) she looked startle. 

3) after cute acts from

HB, kissing scene is less sensual tension. It is funny. I will call this kiss, “element school kissing” 

The best timing for kiss is when JH gave SR a couple ring. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I agree that the show lost a lot of its charm when they left the North Korea setting. This little fictional world that they created was a major reason the show was so special. The old school scenery, the witty writing, the ducklings there, the ajhummas, etc.. they all made the show better and the romance more poignant, the moment they moved to South Korea it then became more about products placements and action scenes and i feared that happening the moment i heard they were moving there and indeed it happened. The only fitting ending would be for them all including Seri to go back to North Korea. Seri could get a new identity there, a fake passeport from China, sell her products mainly in China and S.Korea but live fulltime in NKorea with her husband. This is my dream ending but i doubt we will get it. They took over the drama the minute the ratings began to climb, at that moment it moved South because they were more focused on making money with the production (promoting Subway, BBQ chain etc..)  than continuing to shine with the script. It's sad tbh.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

I agree that the show lost a lot of its charm when they left the North Korea setting. This little fictional world that they created was a major reason the show was so special. The old school scenery, the witty writing, the ducklings there, the ajhummas, etc.. they all made the show better and the romance more poignant, the moment they moved to South Korea it then became more about products placements and action scenes and i feared that happening the moment i heard they were moving there and indeed it happened. The only fitting ending would be for them all including Seri to go back to North Korea. Seri could get a new identity there, a fake passeport from China, sell her products mainly in China and S.Korea but live fulltime in NKorea with her husband. This is my dream ending but i doubt we will get it. They took over the drama the minute the ratings began to climb, at that moment it moved South because they were more focused on making money with the production (promoting Subway, BBQ chain etc..)  than continuing to shine with the script. It's sad tbh.

I think the writter already write that way to bring the second half into South korea. Their decision is not only because of PPL. 

And it will be a mess if seri never comeback to south korea because it would be useless to have the family feud. 

I think the missing one from all the story is Seo dan and SJ romance because it seems they had their own world apart from other. 

The script is good i would say. Yeah there are two a bit disappointing episode ( 11 and 13 ) but overall the story still fluid and on right track.

And ofcourse one that i notice the Director hold Crush OST release from episode 3 until the release on episode 14 because how fitting the song with south korea arc episode. They already planned it beforehand and not changing it just because of the rating. Maybe they change some detail based on the reaction of the viewers ( more romance runtime ) but other than that i think its good

• Like 6
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

I agree that the show lost a lot of its charm when they left the North Korea setting. This little fictional world that they created was a major reason the show was so special.

I haven’t read all comments, so I just quoted you. 

Am I the only one who actually likes the SK’s setting and storyline? I agree that some of its charm lost when the show moved to SK. However, I still enjoy it because it allows some characters to grow. RJH has the most notable growth for me. I wish the writer provides us with more of his inner dialogues. On the other hand, the F5 brings freshness to the screen. 

• Like 11

On 2/9/2020 at 7:29 AM, hibiscus23 said:

@Ameera Ali woah love those gifs! lols i know STH i was really happy and touched by that scene with CJW!!  I didn't realize that the errand that Officer Kim was supposed to do was to meet CJW hahaha I think you're right if i were him i'd be jumping up & down meeting my favorite K idol, but i guess he was beyond shock!

He was beyond shock, he could only smile :). It was a kdrama dream come true for KJM! And I was a bit shocked too, I never expected CJW to make a cameo for this drama :wub: My eyes swelled immediately on that particular scene. 

Thank you @Ameera Ali Comrade, for the countless Tags :lol:. Ahah! That's why my heart skipped a beat  for a countless times :blush: Rest assured, I will "LIKE" all of them :D. Hmmm ... I suddenly remember those days when there were only 30+ of us who followed this thread. Look at the number of followers now, it has tripled in numbers  ... and counting! 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

6 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Am I the only one who actually likes the SK’s setting and storyline? I agree that some of its charm lost when the show moved to SK. However, I still enjoy it because it allows some characters to grow. RJH has the most notable growth for me. I wish the writer provides us with more of his inner dialogues. On the other hand, the F5 brings freshness to the screen. 

Well overall of course the show is still amazing because i find the script solid, the dialogues good and witty despite everything but i still loved the first half of the show more because of the NK setting. However i agree that RJH as a stand alone character grew a lot in the last episodes and i really wish this show had more episodes so we would continue to watch him becoming a husband and then a father. It's sad that we wont see him react to Seri being pregnant, taking care of her, he would be the absolute best husband!  I think this is Hyun Bin's best character in a long time! He should work with this writer again, i find him coming alive again as an actor under her scripts.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

28 minutes ago, Site Admin said:

The excitement and magic of capitalism has already worn off one me, most of them are based on materials things anyway. SK now feels like a cold, weary, scary place compared to the warm, sunny, snugly feel in that village RJH calls home. Though I know it is impossible, I wish RJH would be given the chance to take Seri to their little love nest one last time. I want to see Seri pillage all his potatoes and corn in the cellar and eat a heartfelt meal again with the ducklings, full of laughter and love. I want to see her eat with eggs and corn with gusto again, one last time.

RJH will be the man of the house who spoils her to smithereens, letting her have her way all the time. Seri being able to put her guard down once again, without fear of being backstabbed because she has people who genuinely care for her and will literally take a bullet for her if needed be. I'm looking at you, Pyo Chi Soo.

Seri will once again have the chance to wear drab third world clothing and eat rice and sugar, bicker and laugh while trying to figure out in what river or mountain to bury Pyo Chi Soo. I would love to see that wall of ice melt again while Ri Jeong Hyeok watches them in amusement, getting jealous of Gwang Beom one last time. I mean, he is Ri Jeong Hyeok after all, NK's national treasure. Seeing all if them eating in one table is always a joy to watch.

Then at night, Seri and Jeong Hyeok will make themselves fit in his bed, snuggling under the thick blanket. Seri, not being an SK CEO. RJH, not being an NK soldier. No guns, multi-billion won investments, no desperation, no danger. Just kimchi, firewood, drip coffee and noodles made from scratch. Just Seri, Capt. Ri and their heart-tugging visual as man and wife.

How simple and happy their life had been, cloistered in that little village, cherished by all. I could almost feel the warmth of the sun and hear shouts of glee (and gossip) from the ducklings, the ahjummas and the kids the moment they see Seri and Jeong Hyeok (preferably playing the piano) inside that lovely little home even for one last time... :heartbreak:

This is lovely, I for one, want this too. :love::love:

• Like 3
  • Love 4

Hmm.. I still think the ending has been filmed. Way back in Switzerland. LOL.

Anyway, two episodes left and I will await what writer-nim has in store for us.

I don't think the drama changed from what the writer originally conceived but I do hope they show at least a little more romance between Seri and JH (in terms of physical affection)

I have to say that I love that hospital scene where Hyun Bin aka JH was crying so much once he saw Seri again.

The emotions!

I get why Hyun Bin's eyes are so red now... The tears...

• Like 6
  • Love 4

20 minutes ago, jamy47 said:

It's sad that we wont see him react to Seri being pregnant, taking care of her, he would be the absolute best husband!  I think this is Hyun Bin's best character in a long time! He should work with this writer again, i find him coming alive again as an actor under her scripts.

I want an episode of him being a father and a husband :tears:. I agree this is probably his best work (well, I only watched My name is kim sam soon and half of SG) :D.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

@INeedAFan @jamy47 

At first I was quite annoyed that we kept hearing RJH’s inner thoughts, because I want Seri to be privy to these thoughts too, so that she would know how he feels. But you two are right, it showcased his character development and personal growth, and it’s amazing.

Speaking of which, RJH said during that hospital inner thoughts monologue that he still has many “stories” to tell Seri... I wonder if we will ever know about these.

• Like 2