[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

20 minutes ago, L A said:

this scene of everyone cheering in the fried chicken store will be repeated in many posts and over many pages from now because we still have many good scenes and a big rating number waiting ahead. Fighting CLOY!

thanks to seri & captain Ri scandal :joy:

after all they were most searched online :tounge_wink:

5e409cd5ad0fb467588173.gif?download

15812930551581293049.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 10

none of the ducklings saw the ring on papa duck? :P maybe then they wouldn't be so surprised about the chessy looks and attention papa duck is giving their mama duck...lol.

i hope they would show us the BTS of the scar showing scene...reminded me of the movie "lethal weapon..." those tough ones do love to show us girls their scars, physical ones only, mind you...:rolleyes:

i have probably rewatched the running back to Seri scene more than 10 times...i find that scene different from others wherein the leads run back to hold, hug or kiss at once after seeing one another. here RJH is controlled about his reaction, although saying out loud to YSR what he feels. he only went to her when she asked him too. i remember YSR asking him not to make memories while he's there with her, maybe that's why we got less skinship from the writers. although i agree too that after the couple ring and the other revelations, it's now unapplicable. :rolleyes:

i noticed after the short kiss at the hospital bed, YSR seemed uncertain, she didn't respond like the previous times. RJH was looking at her intently when the ducklings walked in. 

about the ratings...i suddenly pictured the HB dimples showing! Congratulations to team CLOY! they do deserve it. thanks to their hardwork we have a beautiful story which we'd always treasure. :wub: i know i would. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

https://www.soompi.com/article/1382226wpp/crash-landing-on-you-achieves-4th-highest-ratings-in-tvn-history

“Crash Landing On You” Achieves 4th-Highest Ratings In tvN History

Feb 9, 2020
by E. Cha

“Crash Landing On You” Achieves 4th-Highest Ratings In tvN History

With just two episodes left in its run, tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has soared to a new all-time high!

On February 9, the hit drama starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin as star-crossed lovers from North and South Korea achieved its highest viewership ratings yet. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Crash Landing on You” scored an average nationwide rating of 17.7 percent and a peak of 19.0 percent.

Not only did the drama take first place in its time slot across all channels, including public broadcast networks, but it also achieved the fourth-highest ratings in tvN history, bested only by “Goblin” (which peaked at 20.5 percent), “Reply 1988” (19.6 percent), and “Mr. Sunshine” (18.1 percent).

“Crash Landing on You” continued to perform especially well with female viewers in their forties, with whom it scored a peak viewership rating of 25.9 percent; and it also maintained its first place position among the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 12.2 percent and a peak of 13.3 percent.

The final two episodes of “Crash Landing on You” will air on February 15 and 16 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

• Like 13
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

Just a thought after comments from  fellow comrades about SJ and SD romance, that their story was probably changed by the writer hence the incoherence.

I have a feeling that the second lead’s story was partly sacrified to give way for more screentime for the ducklings. I ain’t complaining as I love them. If I were a chaebol heiress, I will use all my Omma Card or Seri Card to fund shows about the ducklings. No PPLs, no worries about ratings (as rich papa can fund the production lol) just good times with the ducklings and their fun adventures... with their parents of course.

I noticed that the ducklings and MB are more visible in the show than earlier episodes (especially during episode 6 to 9 where they were almost just like an afterthought). 

I guess the production probably noticed the good feedback our special forces (plus eavesdropper) have been receiving. My Chi Soo was even trending yesterday. LOL 

Also, I follow the ducklings’ IG (Chi Soo doesn’t have one though), their followers have more than doubled. 

Eun Dong’s account when the show began only had less than 2000 followers. Now, he has 40,000. 

Lofty handsome duckling had 80,000 followers. Now, he has more than 200,000 followers. 

I forgot Joo Mook’s follower count but I’m sure that it has more than doubled as well.

I guess this is an indication that they really made a good impression on the viewers. I for one will surely follow their careers after CLOY. :) 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 14 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 17.705%

Seoul: 18.612%

Wow! What a great news to start the day!  That’s a 3.7 point jump from ep 13, and a 2 point jump from ep 12 of previous week! This means SK audience are still tuning in and invested in this drama, which I’m very glad of! 

Big big congrats to the CLOY team! They truly deserve it after working so hard during the cold winter months. Hope they have some BBQ chicken & champagne to celebrate! Lol!

Btw, I notice that both SJY and HB have lost considerable weight compared to the start of the drama. This is especially apparent at the hospital reunion scene - both their faces were so thin with cheeks sunken in. Of course it makes them look like how the characters would be after such a harrowing time, but really hope both of them, esp SYJ will get a good rest and recover well after shooting ends.

i really like what one of you said (forgot who - will add name later) that the villain CCG cannot die at the hands of JH or MB, cuz that will make them murderers and they will be prosecuted under the SK laws. It makes more sense now why the writer did not make him die under MB’s gun shot, though it was totally satisfying to see MB shooting him.

i speculate that MB will not return to NK, or at least won’t return to the village cuz he will get a new assignment somewhere else. And that his wife and son will join him too! I really hope for a happy family ending for MB cuz he suffered so much in 2/3 of the drama.

Great observation about SJ’s assistant’s rifle - I really believe it’s him who will rescue SJ at the roof top!

Also wanna say I love the scene of JH with SR’s mom. She’s so cool and shows that she wants the best for SR and fully regret that she left SR behind at the beach so many years ago. It’s also very funny how the writer poked fun at kdrama trope once again in this scene!

I am still thrilled by the high ratings and  hope the team will break records next weekend! Most importantly let the ending be great and satisfying!

Right after the end of episode 16, I plan to have marathon sit through of all 16 episodes! Now that’s something to look forward to!

• Like 16
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Broaddaylight said:

I think that the second part is just a deja vu of the first part. RJH's dad intervened again by saving Man Bok's family and also Alberto Gu (just like he did earlier with Seri). Furthermore, the sister-in-law was set a trap by Alberto and RJH. I think she was most likely on the phone with Alberto, who spread the rumour that RJH was North-Korean. They know  that her impulsiveness would make her rat RJH to the NIS, but that is exactly what they want. RJH was well aware that the NIS was behind him when he took the cab, so he planned this. Spreading rumours to ensure his own safety is what RJH is good at. This is a similar trick he pulled earlier when he tried to spread the rumour that he was the son of the Director of General Political Bureau when he was held in prison.

I also think that RJH will not be in danger, because he seems to have some sort of official Chinese passport - probably used Alberto's network to get one via bribing or perhaps RJH's dad was not lying when he said that his son was sent down for a special mission. RJH did not go to SK totally unprepared it seems as he is receiving intel from someone the whole time...

I completely agree, I think almost none of the things RJH did in this drama was unplanned. The only thing he unplanned was meeting YSR in the jungle 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Keroppi said:

Just a thought after comments from  fellow comrades about SJ and SD romance, that their story was probably changed by the writer hence the incoherence.

I have a feeling that the second lead’s story was partly sacrified to give way for more screentime for the ducklings. I ain’t complaining as I love them. If I were a chaebol heiress, I will use all my Omma Card or Seri Card to fund shows about the ducklings. No PPLs, no worries about ratings (as rich papa can fund the production lol) just good times with the ducklings and their fun adventures... with their parents of course.

I noticed that the ducklings and MB are more visible in the show than earlier episodes (especially during episode 6 to 9 where they were almost just like an afterthought). 

I guess the production probably noticed the good feedback our special forces (plus eavesdropper) have been receiving. My Chi Soo was even trending yesterday. LOL 

Also, I follow the ducklings’ IG (Chi Soo doesn’t have one though), their followers have more than doubled. 

Eun Dong’s account when the show began only had less than 2000 followers. Now, he has 40,000. 

Lofty handsome duckling had 80,000 followers. Now, he has more than 200,000 followers. 

I forgot Joo Mook’s follower count but I’m sure that it has more than doubled as well.

I guess this is an indication that they really made a good impression on the viewers. I for one will surely follow their careers after CLOY. :) 

The ducklings are one of the best aspects of this drama. I predict all the actors will get work after this show especially the one playing Chi Soo because he is a real comedic force and turns out he can even do dramatic too because aside from HB, he was the standout one during the crying scene last episode. He is a very strong actor and a presence to have in a comedy. They were not known at all so they chose the right drama with the right writer to debut because they all shined really bright in this drama. HB and SYJ already have such big resumes, not much will change for them except perhaps even more offers from both tv and movies and i hope they dont wait too long to choose their next project, i want to continue to see them shine in dramas and movies!

• Like 11
  • Love 3

Hello guys

Just a though here regarding the kisses.

It might be possible that YSR is also inexperienced with kissing.

She always seems suprised when RJH kiss her as if she does'nt know what to do.

She dated a lot like she said but nothing serious just flings, one walk down the river or a dinner.

I doubt that she kissed all of those dates. She is a well known person in SK  and whatever she does get a lot of attention. 

Plus she was always distant from all and acting cold towards everyone.

It is only a thought of mine:)

• Like 14
  • Love 1

Just now, Annie12 said:

Hello guys

Just a though here regarding the kisses.

It might be possible that YSR is also inexperienced with kissing.

She always seems suprised when RJH kiss her as if she does'nt know what to do.

She dated a lot like she said but nothing serious just flings, one walk down the river or a dinner.

It is only a thought of mine:)

Yeah i really hope they adress that a bit because it's not the first time she reacts this way when JH kisses her. She gets very surprised at first and then seems unsure. This time it seemed really obvious and she even seemed scared. 

• Like 5

I wish i know the easiest way to post a picture here but i have to point this out nevertheless 

Captain Ri BUTTONED up his SHIRT up to his NECK after get caught by the ducklings !!! haha. 

Oh such innocence. 

I really have to applaud the great acting by everyone in this episode. And uri SYJ and HB top the chart with their great performance. As expected! 

And finally we get the glimpse of RJH inner workings, it’s rare because we ‘re so used to live in YSR monologue but not RJH. The minute 4:10-7-10 are precious. That is the story that he hasn’t told YSR and he wished he had (the ending of eps 13)

he made a decision to never love anyone so he never had to lose anyone again and wouldn’t have a fun life never made jokes never played piano again... he just simply live..until YSR came into his life

both of them are broken, before they’ve found each other...

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

48 minutes ago, katymac said:

That’s his signature :) showing The SCAR. The thing was he did it so naturally. There was no hesitation on his part LOL. I just want to be SR for that special moment :tounge_xd:

He showed his car in advance so when one day they get to be more intimate and she can see more of his skin, she won't be too alarmed. Nice move Ri Jung Hyuk. Like Seri, now i wonder is it true he has never been in relationship??? Or all this sweet move is not RJH but Kim Tae Pyung. :P

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

Finally caught up with all of your lovely posts.  I'm in the camp that really liked episode 14 with its healthy dose of OTP scenes and scenes which tied up loose ends and moved the plot along.  Even so, with a heavy heart I await next weekend for our finale episodes fully expecting to be devastated.  I don't like my pessimism either but I guess it's just the selection of indicators my mind decided to pick up on.  The main one would be the recurring promise in RJH and SR's narrative and dialogue; that they will forgive each other if ever either one of them find themselves enjoying life, and in that moment of laughter, should one forget about the other even for a split second, the other person would be fine.  They would be okay.  There are so many scenes where they have said something to this effect, the border separation scene, after the back-hug, and our kitchen-stocking epilogue scene in eps 14, to name a few.  I'm inclined to believe this is the future we can expect for RJH and SR.  Reunion or not, I still find the years of separation to be the most heartbreaking (the idea of RJH and SR enduring this pain during what we will know as the "time skip" is just too much).  Another indicator, which is a bit of my own bias, is the way this drama has made me feel.  Each episode I seriously say to myself - wow, there is no way it could get more sad than this, like this is it man - but the drama just keeps proving me wrong.  When RJH got shot, that was it.  When RJH went to get SR from SJ and she told him to go away and he... goes away, that was it.  When SR got kidnapped and he cried in the woods thinking she died, that was really it.  Then when they separated at the border, that was truly it, there is just NO way their story could make me more sad.  Then... of course the ending of eps 13, we all know. 

This trend will likely continue, and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't.  Lol so much pessimism, I will *buzz off* for a bit!

• Like 5
  • Love 1