[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

13 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Watching netflix wont help the rating in korea but it does help for the future of quality kdrama that netflix will sponsor. Which probably another son ye jin or hyunbin drama again. 

For the low rating.. hot damn thats the highest cable tv rating ever since grateful family back in middle october.

And the second episode saw increase by 0.8% nationwide and more than 1% on seoul.

It is already a hit ( third best debut rating in 2019 right after Hotel del luna and Arthdal ) 

Then  it turned out that I'm be fooled by  one of the largest  online  channel on entertainment in Vietnam.  But it's  ok, as long as  this drama got what it deserve, i'm still happy :)))

I  don't think of the aspect that "Watching netflix wont help the rating in korea but it does help for the future of quality kdrama that netflix will sponsor" and  I can't  agree more.   Thank you  for reminding me  that the  best quality conquers all  and Netflix  will help to  win that.  

• Like 4

https://www.dramamilk.com/review-crash-landing-on-you-episode-1-and-episode-2-preview/

REVIEW: Crash Landing on You episode 1 and episode 2 preview

Review Episode 1 Crash Landing on You

What an adorable first episode. Definitely worth the watch! Crash Landing on You brought all the wackiness that I wanted and also showed a bit of heart peaking through as well. Though only a tiny bit of heart as this first episode was basically full throttle on the wacky side.

In this first episode we were introduced to our lovely chaebol heroine, Se-ri, who runs her own department store successfully. She is also a trend setter who stays in the eyes of the paparazzi due to all the high profile men she dates. But she is fine with that so long as the earrings, shoes, hand bags, or any other product they are pushing stays in the lime light as well.

In fact, in a meeting where her right hand employee, Hon Chang-sik, was talking about how she is in the paparazzi again but her image is pixilated, she told him that they needed to make the pixilation extra tiny so they can show off the earrings she is wearing. In fact, she wondered it they could somehow show off her entire body so that all the products could get the spotlight.

Later on, we find out that she is pretty much on the outs with her family, though she has been called back to the huge family mansion that sits high on a mountain side. The father called her back because he wants her to take over the business.

Everyone is gathered around the family table when she is told this which included her two brothers, their wives, and her step-mother. Seri is not surprised that she is taking over considering her brother are basically bumble heads (though she does not say it that directly).

Crash Landing on You Review

Her father tells her that she has done an amazing job with her department store and wants her to run the family business. She is very happy and feels as if her hard work for the last ten years has finally paid off. Though it seems as if her department store is completely separate from the family business.

Se-ri tells him that she can take over after she launches a new sporting product the next day. Cut to the next day where the new product launch is being launched through hang-gliding.

But then a Wizard of Oz-esque tornado show up out of nowhere and lifts our poor Dorothy up and away. She wakes up in North Korea.

This is where the super wacky shows up as we meet Jung-hyuk who is the captain of his North Korean team. he is the one to find her, but through a serious of situations that involve snake alcohol, the possibility of jail, a creek, a landmine, a fork in the road, a landmine field, a fallen tree on a fence, and a classic Kdrama on the TV (Stairway to Heaven) – he loses her.

Crash Landing on You Review

The only problem is that she ran her butt deep into North Korea and not South Korea. In a hilarious moment, the North Korean soldiers even tried to tell her that she was running the wrong way.

So the North Korean soldiers are in a pickle, because if they don’t find her then they will be the ones dishonorably discharged and sent to a workers camp. So the hunt is on.

Just as she thinks she is saved in a tiny South Korean town, she gets the shock of her life when she realizes that this is a North Korean town complete with one town light, a town radio, and group exercises to music as the town children march around in formation.

Lucky for her, Jung-hyuk finally finds her (by following a trail she left so as not to get lost) and pulls her into a house right as his commanding officer is driving by.

So that was the first episode! I love how everything was set up showing us the stakes on the North Korean soldiers side if they did not find Se-ri. They really have everything to gain by helping her and nothing to lose because it seems like they will be tortured and dishonored either way. But if they can sneak her back to the South, then everything is fine.

One thing to know is that Se-ri’s brothers are pretty happy that she has disappeared because they want this company for themselves. But they are also bumble-headed fools so their father really does not want to give it to them.

One of the brothers even got bamboozled by a Seung-joo, who is our other lead character. Seung-joo is currently hiding out in China until the bamboozlement blows over. But they elude that the best place to hide is a place without cell phone, ie North Korea.

My only complaint is that we did not have Seri and Jung-hyuk on screen together for a long time. They were really only together for enough time for her to escape. But there was a nice epilogue where Jung-hyeok was watching Se-ri as she hung in her paraglider from the tree while trying to talk to her right hand man, Chan-suk on her walkie talkie and getting nowhere. Hopefully they keep with these epilogues because I love any reason to have these two on the screen together.

EPISODE 2 PREVIEW

English Translation

SR – I am a cheabol’s daughter.

JH – I am not interested.

SR – It seems like, if anyone knows I am here then I will not be the only one getting punished.

SR – It is an uthonorable discharge. I heard that you should not do that.

CK – There was big fraud and they are running away now. I think he will open a bank account.

SR – Why are yo here!

JH – No family relationships or nothing. Everything is suspicious.

SR – I will return your favor

JH – You don’t have to. I did not give you any favor.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Hello everyone!!!

Just join this thread and actually I've browsed this page frequently to get info on CLOY, hihi..:D.And I must thank for all the contributions for this drama especially on the translation part .As an international fan, it is very helpful in understanding what they are trying to convey and at the same time enjoying it.

As for me, I watch CLOY because of HyunBin and of course, the other casts are very important too that I love to see their acting especially Ye Jin, Jung Hyun and yet to appear Ji Hye.. We should appreciate their effort for this drama and as has been shared, they go to many remote places for shooting, just to make this drama fascinating, not the least, the crew who are with them..they have done terrific jobs!!! Salute to them!

Thinking of that..we should play a role in making the rating high, I wanna re-confirm, if we streaming online, we can improve the rating, right? Hope that we can do it to show our love to them. As for the 2 episodes, I've browsed ......,(if I may share and already did it:sweatingbullets:)during the airing time in SK. It depends where you live..you have to find the difference, for example, if the airing time in SK is 9.00 pm, your time difference is 2 hours earlier, so you should watch it at 7.00pm at your place.

I hope I convey right information, if not,miane..and waiting for someone to correct my statement.:D

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post illegal streaming links. You may pm each other instead
  • Like 6

On 12/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Enjoy19 said:

Hello everyone!!!

Just join this thread and actually I've browsed this page frequently to get info on CLOY, hihi..:D.And I must thank for all the contributions for this drama especially on the translation part .As an international fan, it is very helpful in understanding what they are trying to convey and at the same time enjoying it.

As for me, I watch CLOY because of HyunBin and of course, the other casts are very important too that I love to see their acting especially Ye Jin, Jung Hyun and yet to appear Ji Hye.. We should appreciate their effort for this drama and as has been shared, they go to many remote places for shooting, just to make this drama fascinating, not the least, the crew who are with them..they have done terrific jobs!!! Salute to them!

Thinking of that..we should play a role in making the rating high, I wanna re-confirm, if we streaming online, we can improve the rating, right? Hope that we can do it to show our love to them. As for the 2 episodes, I've browsed.,,, if I may share and already did it:sweatingbullets:)during the airing time in SK. It depends where you live..you have to find the difference, for example, if the airing time in SK is 9.00 pm, your time difference is 2 hours earlier, so you should watch it at 7.00pm at your place.

I hope I convey right information, if not,miane..and waiting for someone to correct my statement.:D

Ratings only can be counted if you are living or in south korea and watch it via tv channel. Streaming online in the unofficial link like above is not counted. And if i not mistaken we are not allow to share such link in soompi. 

Maybe I can explain on how ratings work in South Korea based on what i know after 16 years watching drama. Ratings only counted if the person watching it via tv Channel. Means physical tv. Even if SK ppl stream on phone, not be counted in ratings. And the calculation is not straightforward. But of course the more ppl tune in to the show, the more ratings it will get. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/18/2019 at 10:57 AM, Enjoy19 said:

Hello everyone!!!

Thinking of that..we should play a role in making the rating high, I wanna re-confirm, if we streaming online, we can improve the rating, right? Hope that we can do it to show our love to them. As for the 2 episodes, I've browsed....., (if I may share and already did it:sweatingbullets:)during the airing time in SK. It depends where you live..you have to find the difference, for example, if the airing time in SK is 9.00 pm, your time difference is 2 hours earlier, so you should watch it at 7.00pm at your place.

As an international fan, i guess we would not be able to contribute to the viewer ratings for the show, bcoz tvN is a cable channel and they will only record ratings per household in korea who tuned in. However, we will be able to contribute to the exposure of the drama based on search engines and good reviews of the show. If we leave positive reviews as well as making the drama one of the top searches, the people in korea who have not seen the drama will be curious to watch it and from there it may increase the viewer ratings. :innocent:

• Like 6

https://www.dramamilk.com/review-crash-landing-on-you-episode-2-and-episode-3-preview/

REVIEW: Crash Landing on You episode 2 and episode 3 preview

Review Episode 2 Crash Landing on You

The loveliness continues! In this episode we find out about Ri Jung-hyeok’s family and a tiny bit about both Se-ri and Jung-hyeok’s past together in Switzerland. Though Se-ri appears a good amount in this episode with great comedic moments, this episode is pretty much all about Jung-hyeok.

In the opening we find out that Seri always trusts her gut since she was 100 days old. Her gut has always led her in the right direction, except when she took that wrong turn at the fork in the road in the DMZ which led her into North Korea.

Then they get the gags off and running early as Seri has an internal monologue as to how shy and innocent Jung-hyeok is by not looking into he eyes when he puns her agains his gate and his monologue as he asks himself if he should kill her or not.

He does not kill her and instead thinks about reluctantly helping her along with all the other soldiers who are in on it. In a pretty funny scene of all the key players talking, the soldier who watches a lot of Kdramas, Joo-meok, has to almost translate SK and NK speak to everyone so that they all understand each other.

Though he gets things wrong, like he says that she can definitely tell people she has amnesia because so many people in South Korea have amnesia, its in all the Kdramas! The soldiers wonder if it is due to all the Coca Cola that they drink down there. But the task gets back on track when we find out that Joo-meok’s uncle deals in illegal foreign goods (hence the Kdramas) and can smuggle Seri into a ship deep at sea.

The only problem is that his uncle does not leave for 4 days so she has to stay there hidden. On top of that, Jung-hyeok has to go to Pyeongsang for official business having to do with the death of the tomb raiders that were in the DMZ, so she has to stay there alone.

After a few funny and very needy moments by Seri, where she calls Jung-hyeok at work for all her normal needs like shampoo and scented candles, he finally delivers some things to her and then heads out to Pyongsang, the capital of North Korea.

I am pretty amazed that this production team has found this pretty witty way to get product placement in by having all the South Korean items as smuggled in products that are sold in the market. It is so funny.

But anyway, back to the storyline! So Jung-hyeok goes to Pyongsang in order to start the investigation on the death of the tomb raiders. But it was all sabotage by his commanding officer Lieutenant Jo who has a friend up in Pyongsang who is putting Jung-hyeok in the interrogation room for the death of the tomb raiders.

Jung-hyeok gets all tied up to the torture chair and is about to get the ‘ish tortured out of him, though he is pretty calm about it, he is still alarmed. But then the 1st general comes in to the room and asks who is being tortured today and sees that it is Jung-hyeok.

His entire face practically explodes with terror as he runs into the room and kicks the officer for tying Jung-hyeok up and basically treats Jung-hyeok like a prince as he tells him that he can use his quarters while he waits.

The 1st star General then kicks the officer again and tells him that Jung-hyeok is the only son to the Minister of the Military who is the 2nd most powerful person in Korea after their supreme leader Kim Jong-un. His other son died, so Jung-hyeok is all he has.

The officer immediately think that this is his last day on earth and calls Lieutenant Jo to curse him out about it. This triggers a memory by Jo who remembers Jung-hyeok’s brother from a long time ago. But he needs confirmation, so he tells his team that they are goin to search all the homes in the military housing area tonight.

Review Episode 2 Crash Landing on You

Jung-hyeok gets word of this so after the 1st star general treats him to a drink, he borrows the 1st start Generals car to drive like a boss all the way back to the camp. Because he is in the 1st star generals car which is a car that only very high officers int he government have. So the police stop traffic and call ahead to turn all lights to green so he can zoom on by.

Back at the camp, Jo inspects Jung-hyeok’s home and finds Se-ri. Jo brings Se-ri outside at gunpoint right at the moment where Jung-hyeok drives up looking like a boss with all the swagger of the son of a the #2 most powerful man in Korea. He tells Jo to remove his gun – from his fiancé.

Um, heck yeah! We have zoomed ahead on the romance front, y’all. The preview looks like they will be thrown into all sorts of situations together due to this lie while simultaneously trying to smuggle her out of the country. Win-win for me.

Other fun things that happened in this episode are the little tidbits that we get about North Korean vs South Korean life. North Koreans are basically super living off the land and organic. Earth probably loves them. Whereas South Koreans are extra-extra in comparison with their fancy electricity and work out bikes and scented candles.

It is so much more of a disparate comparison because we are basically comparing upper/lower middle-class people in North Korea to very wealthy people in South Korea. But we do see a tiny taste of how rich North Koreans live which looks pretty similar to South Koreans as far as servants and mansions are concerned.

We find out all that info with the character Koo Seung-joon who is looking to hide out in North Korea in order to wait out the statute of limitations for the $100 million he just took from a lot of people including Yoon Se-hyeon (Se-ri’s brother).

In a scene in the library of Jung-hyeok’s house and in the epilogue we find out that Jung-hyeok and Se-ri crossed paths in Switzerland. He was a pianist and she was there to end her life. Though the Swiss people told her that she did not qualify for end of life services.

They tell her to look around at nature, 70% of people change their mind after doing that. So she takes a walk around Switzerland and sees people hang gliding. Jung-hyeok walks up right there as well and is just as amazed to see the hang-gliders. Origin meet-cute story, y’all!

The fiancé shenanigans get started next episode! And the investigation into the truck disaster continues.

EPISODE 3 PREVIEW

English Translation

JH – I introduced her

CS – What did you say?

JH – It is kind of a disguise

JH – She is from South Korea

JM – That is how you fall in love! 100%!

YA – Where and what kind of mission where you on?

SR – I can never talk about my mission

CK – *Says something hard to understand right now*

Officer – He is invincible

SR – Do you have a girlfriend who plays the piano?

CK – If we use it well then we can destroy his family only with that woman

Jh – Two

MB – He is going back to Pyongyang tonight

JH – Only look at one thing (like focus on your goal, but it is not clear without context)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

Ratings only can be counted if you are living or in south korea and watch it via tv channel. Streaming online in the unofficial link like above is not counted. And if i not mistaken we are not allow to share such link in soompi. 

Maybe I can explain on how ratings work in South Korea based on what i know after 16 years watching drama. Ratings only counted if the person watching it via tv Channel. Means physical tv. Even if SK ppl stream on phone, not be counted in ratings. And the calculation is not straightforward. But of course the more ppl tune in to the show, the more ratings it will get. 

Oo,ok..thank you for the information. Apologize for the shared link,the admin could remove my post then, thank you. May I ask further clarification, so,meaning that they don't have ratings for international fans? I thought all the while, they're counted. Then the rating for nationwide meaning regions within SK only except Seoul, right?

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Enjoy19 said:

Oo,ok..thank you for the information. Apologize for the shared link,the admin could remove my post then, thank you. May I ask further clarification, so,meaning that they don't have ratings for international fans? I thought all the while, they're counted. Then the rating for nationwide meaning regions within SK only except Seoul, right?

There is never ratings for International fans. International fans normally will watch the series much later than SK so the numbers cannot be reflect as real time. Ratings are based on real time. Those streaming portal that we know of is not a registered portals. Official portal is like Naver and it does not has online streaming real time for drama. At least 10 hours later after sub and normally shared by unofficial links (before Netflix, VIU, etc) existed. So, no matter how popular or how good the reception of the drama overseas, it does not help in the ratings.  drama popularity overseas is good to help the celebrities being more well known outside and they get to do fan meetings but it never helps on ratings. Ratings are solely exclusive for South Korean viewers or those who live in South Korea. 

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

I want to talk about how swoon-worthy, how perfect Uri Captain Hyeok-ie is.

1. He knows where his priorities lie

His dream was to be a musician. He lived in Switzerland and received training there. He would have tasted the good life in Switzerland. Yet, when his family situation called for it, he had no qualms giving up his dreams and the good life in Switzerland to come back home to fulfill his duty to country and family. And he did it non-grudgingly. He basically embraced his responsibilities courageously with no turning back.

In the same way that he has displayed his priorities towards country and family, he showed us he is the same when it came to Yoon SeRi. When he heard she might be in trouble with Jo Chul Kang, immediately, he knew what he had to do. He had no qualms using his background to get that 729 number plate car to speed to her rescue. Haha..really love that scene - Hero Hyeokie to the rescue of his “damsel” in distress. Pardon the pun :D -  even the “heavens” helped him by parting the Red Sea so to speak.

2. He is sensitive to the needs of his loved ones

He went out to get SeRi all that she wanted. When SeRi said she was even crying in front of strangers he immediately put out the light so that she could cry to her heart’s content. He went out of his way to get her what she needed- and he got her everything from bras to cleansing lotions, shampoos etc - all products from her side of the Peninsular. He noticed her grazed knees and bought her the disinfectant and medication for that. When she said she was hungry he quietly went to make her a bowl of noodles. A man who can look after a woman and cook for her is to die for hahaha..But SeRi-Ah, you hurt Hyeok-ie by mistrusting him after what he has done for you. :o And when she wanted meat, he went and grill meat for her - lols, SeRi-Ah, that bowl of handmade noodles look so yummy, i’ll gladly eat it on your behalf :P

3. He is a leader, an honorable soldier, a musician, a man who can cook

How often do you find such a perfect package in one man?!! Here, I’ll say that this complete package is contained in the real person haha..coz the real person is a CEO, a Marine Officer, plays the piano, does photography, sculpturing and calligraphy as a hobby and can cook hahaha..

Okay, back to Hyeok-ie. As a leader, he treats his subordinates well. Even though they were found to be malingering with drinking alcohol, watching kdramas etc, he did not punish them or blame them for allowing SeRi to escape. He claimed the responsibility as a leader, took charge and led by example. 

4. He is a man of action and powerful words 

I love that he is a man of action; though he doesn’t have many words, when the occasion calls for it, his words are so impactful. So when he speaks it comes with healing, with power, and earth shattering shock haha..for example his “It’ll be alright soon. Everything.” and his - “Why are you pointing your gun at my fiancée?” :wub: So he’s a man of action but when he speaks, his words have a great and positive impact.

I must admit that when I first read the character description of Hyeok I was a lil skeptical as I thought such a perfect person as a drama character might make him a lil colourless. All of Hyun Bin’s past characters had been flawed characters. But I must admit that I have alr fallen in love with Hyeok. And he looks set to be my most loved character of all his characters hahaha..

Ok enough of me spazzing about my Hyeok-ie. Let me present you with some of the latest stills.

PmefVwx.png

PiLtzpg.png

Now I wanna speak a lil about SeRi. Though born with a sliver spoon in her mouth we can tell from her family situation that she had not received much genuine love. Her brothers and SILs are such greedy pigs that they are worse than outsiders, her manager has a lot more love for her than her own family members. I don’t know what is the backstory that caused her to want to take her life by euthanasia. So you see, she’s a girl with a big void inside. So her acting like a “couldn’t care less”, “full of herself” spoilt-brat, is probably her defense mechanism. So she psyed herself up when she is feeling down or worried so that she doesn’t have to deal with her negative emotions - it’s her way of encouraging herself and cheering herself on. So I actually don’t see a disconnect between her savvy business woman exterior and this seemingly brazen, “outlandish” side of her. Hyeok is the perfect person to fill her void. Am certain that in the course of time she will change and she will find in Hyeok love that is so precious that she can give up everything for haha- (I am beginning to sound cheesy haha but hey, this is kdrama after all!)

Finally let me say that I love this drama - it has all the sweetness and mushiness of kdrama romance that I crave for in a kdrama but presented in the form of an awesome cast - awesome in so many ways; awesome acting, awesome visuals. And the best part - the cheesiness is so of the right degree that it is not at all cheesy!!! Haha..

• Like 12
  • Love 7
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

I read some comments (not here) about the North Korean being too happy and showed in a too good light and I wish to give my two cents about it.

First the life of those North Koreans in the village matches what North Koreans refugees tell you about in a bunch of interviews. The problems with electricity, South Korean products smuggled in, as for South Korean dramas, American movies and also music. Also, when they are asked about one thing they miss from North Koreans, they would tell that North Koreans are warmer than South Koreans. 
I don’t think the drama portray the North Koreans in a exaggerate good light also because I think about the normal people there as victims of a bad government. Also as I live in a country with a lot of social differences, I can say that you will live and try to be happy with what you have. And those North Koreans might not know exactly how the world evolved so of course they won’t live crying about what they don’t have.

My last point is that people need to remember that it is a militar village, for how bad it looks, it’s still a privileged village for North Korean standards, one of the soldiers even talk about how his village doesn’t even have coal, I mean, that awful place without electricity, hot water, fridges, meat, everyday goods is considered “modernized”.
The drama also put lots of criticism here and there. The words “self sufficient” shows when the electricity is off, also “people’s paradise” when the houses inspections begin. So I don’t think the drama is too unreal or positive about North Koreans, on the contrary, I think they are very bold to show us the normal people lives there what dramas like Kings2Hearts and Stranger Doctor failed to give us.

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 5

Because North Korea It’s neither an idyllic pastoral country filled with sturdy patriotic workers under a benevolent figure  or a complete totalitarian medieval wasteland full of Starving desperate prisoners. 

Both propagandas are very inaccurate  for a very complex place. If this Drama even tries touch on that I will be triply impressed. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Son Ye Jin Gets Along Surprisingly Well With The Soldiers In “Crash Landing On You”

Son Ye Jin Gets Along Surprisingly Well With The Soldiers In “Crash Landing On You”

Son Ye Jin is showing great chemistry with the supporting actors in tvN’s “Crash Landing on You”!

The drama is about a wealthy South Korean heiress named Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) who is forced to make an emergency landing in North Korea during a paragliding trip. There, she meets North Korean officer Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) who falls in love with her while hiding her and trying to protect her.

Previously, “Crash Landing on You” introduced Ri Jung Hyuk’s loyal subordinate soldiers, played by Yang Kyung Won, Lee Shin Young, Yoo Soo Bin, and Tang Joon Sang, and their unexpected antics. Not only were they unable to catch Yoon Se Ri, but they also delivered laughter when they were shown working carelessly and instead watching Korean dramas, drinking, and reading their mother’s letters.

After overcoming a dangerous hurdle from having been unable to catch Yoon Se Ri, the soldiers were surprised to run into her at Ri Jung Hyuk’s house. Furthermore, after accepting that she had nowhere else to go, Yoon Se Ri bonded with the soldiers over a meal of meat and potatoes.

With a scary face and an impatient personality, sergeant major Pyo Chi Soo (Yang Kyung Won) has a sharp temperament towards Yoon Se Ri, using harsh words and drawing boundaries. However, he is a kind figure who treats her carefully, drawing anticipation for their love-hate relationship.

Staff sergeant Park Kwang Beom (Lee Shin Young) is a character who highly respects and follows Ri Jung Hyuk, and he is quick to clean up a situation. With his taciturn personality, he treats Yoon Se Ri indifferently, but viewers are curious to see how their relationship will change in the future.

Meanwhile, soldier and hallyu drama lover Kim Joo Muk (Yoo Soo Bin) is the least wary of Yoon Se Ri. He is in charge of communicating with her by using his knowledge of trends he has gained from watching Korean dramas.

Finally, junior soldier Keum Eun Dong (Tang Joon Sang) worries after Yoon Se Ri above all others. As the young head of a family in charge of caring for his single mother and siblings, he has a kind and soft heart, taking care of Yoon Se Ri who has come to an unfamiliar place.

From their first meeting, Yoon Se Ri has already analyzed the four soldiers’ personalities, and she has used her quick judgement to lead them to her favor. The four supporting characters have captivated the audience with their unique personalities and their hilarious synergy with Yoon Se Ri, making viewers excited to see more.

“Crash Landing on You” airs on weekends at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

“Crash Landing On You” Tops Rankings Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

“Crash Landing On You” Tops Rankings Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

On December 17, Good Data Corporation shared the weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week. The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from December 9 to 15 for 21 dramas that are currently airing or are set to air.

Taking first place as the most buzzworthy drama was tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” with the leads Son Ye Jin and Hyun Binalso taking first and second place respectively in the list of most buzzworthy actors. Meanwhile, SBS’s “Stove League” entered the ranks for the first time, placing second among buzzworthy dramas. Namgoong Minfrom “Stove League” also ranked No. 5 among cast members.

Although SBS’s “VIP” fell two steps since last week, the drama still managed to secure third place on the list for buzzworthy dramas. The actors of the drama also continued to rank high on the list of cast members with Jang Nara, Pyo Ye Jin, and Lee Sang Yoon coming in third, fourth, and sixth place respectively. JTBC’s “Chocolate” also saw a drop in the level of buzz accumulated, but it still ranked No. 4 among dramas with Ha Ji Won ranking No. 7 among cast members.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. tvN “Crash Landing on You” – 23.6 percent
  2. SBS “Stove League” – 15.84 percent
  3. SBS “VIP” – 12.05 percent
  4. JTBC “Chocolate” – 5.4 percent
  5. TV Chosun “Queen: Love and War” – 5.22 percent
  6. tvN “Catch the Ghost” – 5.15 percent
  7. KBS2 “Woman of 9.9 Billion” – 5.11 percent
  8. JTBC “Chief of Staff” Season 2 – 4.78 percent
  9. KBS2 “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” – 3.65 percent
  10. tvN “Psychopath Diary” – 3.65 percent

Buzzworthy-dramas.png

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. Son Ye Jin (“Crash Landing on You”)
  2. Hyun Bin (“Crash Landing on You”)
  3. Jang Nara (“VIP”)
  4. Pyo Ye Jin (“VIP”)
  5. Namgoong Min (“Stove League”)
  6. Lee Sang Yoon (“VIP”)
  7. Ha Ji Won (“Chocolate”)
  8. Seo Hyun Jin (“Black Dog”)
  9. Jo Yeo Jeong (“Woman of 9.9 Billion”)
  10. Jin Se Yeon (“Queen: Love and War”)
Spoiler

Buzzworthy-actors.png

Source (1)

Both articles above are from Soompi.

Another one about the good ratings of the drama:

https://www.media-outreach.com/release.php/View/24478

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, usadango said:

Why is weekend not here yet :joy:

i feel the same :lol: but Let's enjoy it :tounge_wink: I found the news about CLOY's ost from IG credit to melon.com.. 

there are Crush who sang Goblin ost 'Beautiful', Davichi who sang "This Love" ost of Descendant of Sun, and Yoon Mirae will be sing CLOY's Ost (?) :heart:

Edited by Fairy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KimSooHanMoo said:

I want to talk about how swoon-worthy, how perfect Uri Captain Hyeok-ie is.

1. He knows where his priorities lie

2. He is sensitive to the needs of his loved ones

3. He is a leader, an honorable soldier, a musician, a man who can cook

4. He is a man of action and powerful words

Finally let me say that I love this drama - it has all the sweetness and mushiness of kdrama romance that I crave for in a kdrama but presented in the form of an awesome cast - awesome in so many ways; awesome acting, awesome visuals. And the best part - the cheesiness is so of the right degree that it is not at all cheesy!!! Haha..

This was such a nice post!! Just to add- I also love that he is a little clumsy despite being so uptight! It makes him look soooo cute. Especially that scene when right after instructing Seri about mines he himself stepped on one. He is after all a human:) Though whenever Hyun Bin is playing a character its hard to think of him as human- I mean no man can look sooo perfect!!!!

• Like 7