[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

39 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am enjoying most of the scenes. But tbh, not warming up to the character of Yoon Se Ri yet. I don’t know but there is something about her character that I haven’t felt real. Something a bit off. For me, she came across way too cheeky for someone of her status and background. I expected a little more mellow person (or even snarky) especially given the situation that she landed herself in. Not cheeky for sure. 

As for HyunBin... what can I say, just :wub::lol:

I can understand what you mean by too cheeky of Seri’s character.

But after I look in detail about her, i think she is putting that bubbly, happy go lucky facade to cover/hid her weaknesses and fears. So she tried to be positive and bright to console herself. You can see we get to see the real her bit by bit when she’s alone. For example she try to be positive when cleaning herself and said this is a priceless experience and she should be proud to experience it. She is crying as she said that meaning she is afraid as she is now in the enemy of the country territory and anything can happen but she try her best to survive (even go extra cute). Another scene i notice the writer try to give us a glimpse of Seri real self is we can see after she met her family during the dinner, she is shaking and crying. She hid her feelings and put up a cynical

richard simmons behavior to protect herself from her family members. I still give it a chance that the real Seri is not there yet. 

and from the epilogue of eps 2, we got to know she once tried to end her life as she is suffering frm depression, anxiety, insomia, etc just tells us how complicated Yoon Seri is. 

this is my two cent about Seri

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

It seems that a lot of the story will take place in NK because we’re being introduced to many of the characters there acted by familiar faces. I kinda worried about her if she is still in NK. Anyhow, there are people who try to find refuge (or rather runaway) to NK? And paid money for it?? Interesting... also, I kinda can understand why some of the knetz are against the depiction of NK and critical about it. 

@liltash85 I appreciate the glimpses into Seri’s character whenever she is alone so far. But still not enough for me now. But of course, we’re only at episode 2. I’m sure more is to come. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

For those who wonder why Hyunbin is in switzerland and play piano and how can he had a fateful meeting with yejin in switzerland.

As far as we know. Hyunbin is a pianist at first and he got a brother. His brother take the military position because his father want one of his son to be a military officer. And he look at hyunbin talent as a musician so he decide to be the one who do the military thus sending hyunbin to swiss for music. But because of some unfortunate incident his brother lost/die/gone idk which one because it is from soompi description. So Hyunbin must get back from swiss and taking the position of the military that his brother left behind thus ending his musical career. For yejin it is just revealed and would be good to know why she want to end her life? Maybe bcoz of her EX or maybe because of kim jung hyun? Who knows. It would be extremely petty if she actualy know seo jihye in switzerland. Because of the description of character relationship of rival i wont be suprised if two girls had met each other in switzerland

• Like 6
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, liltash85 said:

I can understand what you mean by too cheeky of Seri’s character.

But after I look in detail about her, i think she is putting that bubbly, happy go lucky facade to cover/hid her weaknesses and fears. So she tried to be positive and bright to console herself. You can see we get to see the real her bit by bit when she’s alone. For example she try to be positive when cleaning herself and said this is a priceless experience and she should be proud to experience it. She is crying as she said that meaning she is afraid as she is now in the enemy of the country territory and anything can happen but she try her best to survive (even go extra cute). Another scene i notice the writer try to give us a glimpse of Seri real self is we can see after she met her family during the dinner, she is shaking and crying. She hid her feelings and put up a cynical

richard simmons behavior to protect herself from her family members. I still give it a chance that the real Seri is not there yet. 

and from the epilogue of eps 2, we got to know she once tried to end her life as she is suffering frm depression, anxiety, insomia, etc just tells us how complicated Yoon Seri is. 

this is my two cent about Seri

My exact thoughts. A lot of people who are suffering from mental illnesses, try to cover up their illness and weaknesses by being very cheerful in front of others. But when they are alone, they feel very lonely and empty. Seri has attempted euthanasia in Switzerland and I am very sure there are a lot behind the scenes for her to want to attempt assisted suicide. I so want to find out about them and I am sure the writer will explain it later, but I feel that I am going to end up crying buckets.

• Like 12

So happy for the ratings!! We are getting positive vibes from the drama and still amazed by the fast pace. Are we gonna get a kiss scene in Ep3, looks highly likely it will be:w00t:

So YSR had a depression and travelled to Switzerland, met RJH. RJH's fiancee gonna appear in the next episode with her parents meeting with RJH to talk about marriage (?) Then YSR will escape back to SK in a boat with RJH and both seal their love with a kiss :wub: I'm so excited now! :D

They probably briefly met in Switzerland and didn't know each other's background. It is like fated love, meeting a person again and again in different places. From the writer's perspective, I guess the romance is gonna be separation and reunite. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

With just two episodes but I can say I am totally falling in love with this drama, not just because of HB and SYJ. And just like SYJ said, the drama is a full package indeed, really worth our months of waiting. So far, HB and SYJ have excellently portrayed their characters. Super love their conversations, witty and funny as always, and a little bit of Negotiation-like feeling :D:D

Now we get to know more about JH and SR, and the first glimpse of their inner pain in the past. It break my heart to know the initial purpose of Se Ri travelling to Switzerland in the extra scene... and I love how they described Se Ri's choice too.

Waiting for their first kiss in Episode 3 :wub: I think that's how Jung Hyuk will do to calm down Se Ri as she looks so scared. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hurray! I'm watching this right now :wub:. Hyun Bin's voice is so sexy :blush:. I got to know HB through Memories of the Alhambra which was aired around this time last year. I'm glad I never shipped him with ShinHye so warming up for his drama with another actress didn't take too long for me. I wish all the best for this drama :thumbsup:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

The actual car plate number that the NK traffic ladies bow and grant complete access to and whose presence collectively draws amazement among the village residents is “727”. It stands for July 27, the day the Armistice Agreement was signed in 1953. While for SK and the rest of the world, this day marks the end of the Korean War, for DPRK it is what they consider as its Victory Day. We usually see this on the news as DPRK flexing its military might with a parade of tanks and weapons along with a perfectly-synced march of its soldiers. 

These plate numbers are only issued to high state officials. I wonder if the car RJH drove in episode 2 was owned by his father. Plates with bold red stars before the number series indicate that the cars are owned by even more important Pyongyang bigwigs. 

I guess the use of “729” (a number close to 727) is just an indirect reference to this special plate number. Indirect so as to avoid controversy that it might potentially generate. 

ehv6QMS.png

• Like 2
  • Insightful 9
  • Thanks 9

16 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

This drama Premise is what a PRIME TIME TVN DRAMA DEBUT SHOULD BE.

A quality background story with enough problem to be solved later on and make people curious. With Seo dan still not make appearance yet ( only in preview of ep 3 ) this drama will surely make more interesting for viewers.

I think tvn got enough with their slump of rating ever since arthdal finished their run. 

Remember how bad melting me softly turn out to be. And how other tvn drama couldnt hold their rating off and stay at 2% for a good whole 2 months.

I am glad that this drama debut at 6% and hopefully going upward. Because this prove that TvN still the leader of Cable tv drama.

The decision to move the premiere of the drama from late november into middle of december could be really decisive because the drama could build the hype first and it live up to the expectation.

How can we make Hyun Bin's Christmas wish of a 22% rating come true? Is that achievable on cable television when dramas aired on cable normally attain relatively "low" ratings compared to free-to-air TV? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, campanulah said:

The actual car plate number that the NK traffic ladies bow and grant complete access to and whose presence collectively draws amazement among the village residents is “727”. It stands for July 27, the day the Armistice Agreement was signed in 1953. While for SK and the rest of the world, this day marks the end of the Korean War, for DPRK it is what they consider as its Victory Day. We usually see this on the news as DPRK flexing its military might with a parade of tanks and weapons along with a perfectly-synced march of its soldiers. 

These plate numbers are only issued to high state officials. I wonder if the car RJH drove in episode 2 was owned by his father. Plates with bold red stars before the number series indicate that the cars are owned by even more important Pyongyang bigwigs. 

I guess the use of “729” (a number close to 727) is just an indirect reference to this special plate number. Indirect so as to avoid controversy that it might potentially generate. 

True...

727 symbolizes 'Victorious Day' and only can be used by highest rank officers.

Anyway hi everyone.

I'm interested in this drama partly because of it's using DPRK as the background... I'm interested in that country academically haha.

And strongest reason is HYUNBIN and YEJIN XDD

• Like 5
  • Love 3

My attempt of translating the BTS clip for ep 1&2

Caption : Captain Ri Jung Hyuk first filming scene! (together with Jo Chul Kang)

JCK: Oh I think it’s a little bit too high? (he means that about how he has to raise his head up to look up with RJH)

Caption: Chul Kang who is standing on the downhill. Jung Hyuk who is standing straight
JCK: Geez (his response when JH is standing straighter than before to make a joke on him)

JCK: I should have stood on the higher place

Caption : (Staff laughing)

JCK: Should I just pass him? And stand here?

Caption: Chul Kang who moves to a higher place

Caption: (RJH) hurriedly repositioning himself

Caption: (staf lol)

Caption: *It’s not the same place* (make a joke that no matter what RJH is still taller than JCK)

JCK: Should we change places?

Caption: This time, should Jung Hyuk be the one who walk away?

Caption: The shooting starts with full ideas

RJH: Captain Ri Jung Hyuk ... (saying his lines)

Caption: How about the first shooting of a daughter from rich family? (not to make others envious)

YSR: I think it’s getting too high

Caption: (to the right)

Caption: Paragliding scenes

Caption: It was a happy time even if it’s short

Caption: *swing swing*

YSR: I should come down. But I can’t

Caption: Seri’s foot got stuck

YSR: I should stick it out like this

Caption: Her feet struggle to come down looks cute o.o

Caption: First shooting of cellist Seo Dan, who had studied abroads

SD: Should I wear something more glamorous?

Caption: The rich girl is getting ambitious

Caption: She is working hard before the shooting starts

Caption: Exchanging eye contact with full of charisma

Caption: She walks away confident but it’s NG

Caption: The way to walk confidently is?

SD: I should try it with power walking

Caption: Po.wer.walk.-ing

Caption: Drama shooting? Or a runway? Seo Dan’s charm! This week...

Caption: The first shooting scene of handsome Gu Seung Jun?

GSJ: You’ll get sick. Eat with the soup. Please get me a soup

GSJ: I told you to order some soup. Why are you just sitting around? Buy it quickly

Caption : (GSJ) feeling proud

Man: I don’t eat soup

Caption: (taken aback)

GSJ: Really?

GSJ: Then buy me some porridge

Caption: Instead of soup he changed it into porridge

Caption: Please look forward it

SYJ: We are now in the middle of shooting the drama
HB: We are working hard to make an exciting drama
SJH: Please give lots love and interests
HB: This winter I can greet you with an exciting drama. Please wait for a little bit

Caption: Let’s meet every Saturday and Sunday night at 9 p.m KST
KJH: I can greet you with an exciting drama
SYJ: Crash Landing on Love, good luck!

RJH: Is there a reason for Jung Hyuk to catch her? She is the one who jumps
Director: Because it’s dangerous
YSR: He doesn’t want to catch me lol

Caption: Acting as if he wants to catch but... standing straight
Caption: RJH is practicing to miss catching Se Ri
YSR: Look at him. If he really didn’t catch, it will be a great scene
Caption RJH: full of joke

Caption: Jung Hyuk who caught a falling Se Ri very well

Caption: He put down Se Ri but...
Caption: Standing shakily
Director: Cut
Caption: Landing failed

Caption: Se Ri and Jung Hyuk discussing for a perfect landing
YSR: I think I have to hug you tight and after that you let me down
RJH: While I’m holding out my hands like this

Caption: This time a stable catch, success!
Caption: This time a perfect landing

YSR: He prepared a warm water
RJH: ??
YSR: Ah director you should have responded it well
Caption: A prank for Jung Hyuk is unsuccessful lol
YSR: Why aren’t you say anything?
Director: I’m bad at lying
YSR: Director you aren’t funny
Director: Because it is really not funny
YSR: No, at one moment he looks at me as if he believed it
Caption: Se Ri thought that Jung Hyuk got fooled for a moment

YSR: Right? You reacted huh, that time?
Director: He didn’t
YSR: Tell me honestly
RJH: Let’s not make each other tired since early in the morning

YSR: Then try to move
Caption: Currently stepping on a mine
YSR: Try to move
RJH caption: Moving here and there

Caption: Jung Hyuk who is explaining the way to escape to Se Ri
RJH: When you follow that way, you will meet a two way path, and then
Caption: Joking mode on
Caption: according to script you have to turn right
RJH: Turn left
YSR & Director: LOL
YSR: You are a liar

Caption: Jung Hyuk who stepped on a mine. He is calling for a back up but he slipped and moved his foot!!
RJH: I died?

Caption: Working hard

Caption: Jung Hyuk who is working hard cutting the meat even after hearing ‘cut’ call

YSR: Ooh, is it a grilled meat with briquette?
RJH: It smells great
Caption: Amazed Amazed
Caption: A professional hand
Caption: Ri Jung Hyuk, a genius meat griller with briquette (?)

KJM: It’s very delicious
Caption: Soldier Joo Meok who tasted a piece of meat
KJM: It doesn’t have any seasonings but it is very delicious
Caption: Meat is the best

KJM: it is so delicious
RJH: Is it delicious?
KJM: Yes

Caption: Giving a piece of meat to Eun Dong
Caption: Everyone can see the expression that she wants a piece of meat too
YSR Caption: How about me? Aren’t you going to give me a bite? Huh?
ED: It tastes so delicious
YSR Caption: It must taste delicious. Give me too. Meat. Give me too. Please? Give me a bite of meat too

Caption: Who knows if Jung Hyuk know about Se Ri’s desperate stare, he only works hard on grilling the meat
Director: Cut!
YSR & RJH: LOL

Caption: Because it looks cute so here it again

Caption: Joo Meok who had a taste, trying for a big piece of meat
RJH: Are you going to be okay? (worried because it will be too hot)
ED: It tastes delicious, right?
KJM: It is very delicious
Caption: Joo Meok who give an easy assessment
YSR: Give me too
Caption: Joking mode is already on
YSR: Please give me a small piece
Caption: Jung Hyuk who take a very big piece of meat
YSR: Hmm
Staffs: *laughing because YSR pretend to eat the meat which is too big)

YSR: I have to watch out for my expression when I eat the meat
Caption: Se Ri who is teaching the expression for eating meat
Caption: Meat taste the best
All: LOL
Director: They way you (YSR) laugh is like an actress while the rest of them are just like soldiers

YSR: Jung Hyuk is the only one who can’t eat meat. Not even a piece

Caption: Se Ri who is eating the cabbage skillfully
YSR Caption: This cabbage is delicious
YSR Caption: Huh?
YSR: What should I say?
Caption: Because she ate the cabbage deliciously, she is worried for the next scenes
YSR: It’s delicious

Caption: Let’s meet meet every Saturday and Sunday Night at 9 p.m

-------------------------

This drama is airing on Netflix, right? Is it airing on the same day as Korea? Does it air right after the original aired in Korea with 1 or 2 hours different or does it air on the next day? Can anyone who is watching this via Netflix confirm this for me? 

Thank you in advance.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 11

11 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

This drama is airing on Netflix, right? Is it airing on the same day as Korea? Does it air right after the original aired in Korea with 1 or 2 hours different or does it air on the next day? Can anyone who is watching this via Netflix confirm this for me? 

Thank you in advance.

it depend on where you are living. Here in Europe they are not showing any episode until February after last episode is aired.... But for US and other country they are released shortly after airing. The best way to know is searching on your local Netflix and you gonna have the answer :) 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Thank you in advance.

Thanks so much for the translation of the BTS!

Anyway, it is shown on the same day around 1+ hour after it airs in Korea. The first episode was delayed though. I only managed to watch it near midnight (in Singapore). Hope this answers your question.:)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Thank you in advance.

I'm watching this via Netflix. I just waited for the first 2 episodes to be uploaded and download it offline :P. There is no need for live stream when i can visit this thread and wait for an update :wub:

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, alleram95 said:

Thank you in advance.

Yes, drama is on Netflix on the same day. In my country it is 2 hours behind 9pmKST, so it is two hours behind Korea’s air time.

A BIG THANK YOU for your translation! :blush::blush::blush:

• Like 4