[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

13 hours ago, jamy47 said:

I loved it! i'm already in love with Hyun Bin's character. I LOVE when he gets these kind of roles, laid back cool dude. I dont like when he plays the rich guys. The chemistry between them is already very good, this is going to be a fun ride! I also like that the female lead character is not a stuck up rich girl. I was afraid of her being a cliche but so far she seems fun and a bit silly. 

His character is still consider a rich guy. His father is the top most person of North Korean Army/ North Korea defense ministry. So he too is the top 0.001% of high status in NK. :D

4 hours ago, campanulah said:

How can we make Hyun Bin's Christmas wish of a 22% rating come true? Is that achievable on cable television when dramas aired on cable normally attain relatively "low" ratings compared to free-to-air TV? 

our Hyun Bin is ambitious. If only International Fans can add to the ratings. 

• Like 8

21 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

So it seems but I think TvN just wants to create many expectations :sweat_smile:.

This is from the trailer:

And this is from the preview of episode 3 (as you said: Why is not Saturday yet?)

Obviously it's the same scene but I think It's too early for a kiss. Moreover, his fiancée are going to make her appeareance and his character is suppose to be a very loyal person. I think we'll have to wait a little more to see a kiss (next Saturday we'll discover it).

Well, since this is a rom com, i’m guessing that RJH’s leaning in to ‘kiss’ is imagined by SR :joy:

Nah..the kiss is not going to happen so soon :lol:

13 hours ago, liltash85 said:

I can understand what you mean by too cheeky of Seri’s character.

But after I look in detail about her, i think she is putting that bubbly, happy go lucky facade to cover/hid her weaknesses and fears. So she tried to be positive and bright to console herself. You can see we get to see the real her bit by bit when she’s alone. For example she try to be positive when cleaning herself and said this is a priceless experience and she should be proud to experience it. She is crying as she said that meaning she is afraid as she is now in the enemy of the country territory and anything can happen but she try her best to survive (even go extra cute). Another scene i notice the writer try to give us a glimpse of Seri real self is we can see after she met her family during the dinner, she is shaking and crying. She hid her feelings and put up a cynical

richard simmons behavior to protect herself from her family members. I still give it a chance that the real Seri is not there yet. 

and from the epilogue of eps 2, we got to know she once tried to end her life as she is suffering frm depression, anxiety, insomia, etc just tells us how complicated Yoon Seri is. 

this is my two cent about Seri

I love your analysis on SR. This is so spot on! 

I’m looking forward to know more about SR from future episodes!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

A bit too much humour for me currently so happy to know it will get more serious.

SYJ's character also does feel a bit off to me (the disconnect between the successful businessman woman to what we've seen) but there's clearly more there so will wait for the character to be fleshed out more going by the epilogue in episode 2. 

People have already sussed it out but she's definitely at least seen him in Switzerland performing probably, as that was the picture of him that she said "this person looks familiar"

Happy that HB decided to do another drama so soon (same with LBH), but the fact that it's with SYJ is extra cool. The original SK actress crush for me from watching The Classic and A Moment to Remember years ago. Couldn't finish her last show so hopefully this one is better

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, anony12345 said:

A bit too much humour for me currently so happy to know it will get more serious.

SYJ's character also does feel a bit off to me (the disconnect between the successful businessman woman to what we've seen) but there's clearly more there so will wait for the character to be fleshed out more going by the epilogue in episode 2. 

Most of the kdramas I've watched nowadays started off with humurous scenes. This one got plenty. I had a hearty laugh while watching episode 1 - from sis-in-law's supposedly prayer meeting, SYJ-HB's first encounter, that "chasing" scene and the funniest one, when HB accidentaly stepped on the Mine. I just hope it won't get too serious in the succeeding episodes. I love SYJ's character, btw. I feel like there is more to tell about her. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, alleram95 said:

This drama is airing on Netflix, right? Is it airing on the same day as Korea? Does it air right after the original aired in Korea with 1 or 2 hours different or does it air on the next day? Can anyone who is watching this via Netflix confirm this for me? 

Thank you in advance

It was so kind of you. Thanks for the bts translation:)

Can i ask for more? :D....the kakaolive when both were interviewed, could you also pls translate? Thanks for your ample time:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So I had watched this drama because I have to wait until Friday for "Chocolate" -- BUT! This was a pleasant surprise, super humorous and I'm loving it! I'm really looking forward to see RJH's actual fiancée come through- interested to see what she says.

I mean, she studied abroad and so did RJH so it'll be an interesting clash (and a South Korean woman?! What a mix of cultures.)

I kind of wonder though, did RJH get "summoned" back to NK or did he willingly come back to NK to become a soldier to find out the truth behind his brothers death? 

Did anyone feel like RJH was kind of proud/happy to tell people that Seri was his "fiancée"? And everyone (including those ahjummas) were SO SHOCKED. Favorite scene.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ChunSungIm said:

I loved how they created pyongyang and the lives of north korea in this drama. hyun bin character also laid back and on good side.

Actually the way they potray Pyeongyang is not too exaggerating. My friend went there last year for a trip and from his IG photos, Pyeongyang at night is very much similar in the drama. As for the countryside of NK, it is just as what I read in books about NK  refugees. How there is only limited electricity. How they still do things manually. How they are thought to glorify the leaders etc etc. 

I think he came back voluntarily to investigate about his brother's death. And from the conversation he had with the ahjussi who help him out from the detention centre, seems like RJH has been investigating about it alone for some time. 

2 hours ago, xprosperity said:

So I had watched this drama because I have to wait until Friday for "Chocolate" -- BUT! This was a pleasant surprise, super humorous and I'm loving it! I'm really looking forward to see RJH's actual fiancée come through- interested to see what she says.

I mean, she studied abroad and so did RJH so it'll be an interesting clash (and a South Korean woman?! What a mix of cultures.)

I kind of wonder though, did RJH get "summoned" back to NK or did he willingly come back to NK to become a soldier to find out the truth behind his brothers death? 

Did anyone feel like RJH was kind of proud/happy to tell people that Seri was his "fiancée"? And everyone (including those ahjummas) were SO SHOCKED. Favorite scene.

Can someone DM me the link to watch the press conference and the kakao interview. Thank you

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I have great news for all of you who love this drama!

Crash Landing continued to be at no.1 position in daily drama ranking, even yesterday when VIP was airing. Usually drama drops out of top spot when it is not its airing day. And the re-runs trended on naver as well; the re-runs attracted a lot more positive reviews. With the re-runs generating more interest, I am hopeful  we’ll see even higher rating in this week’s episodes.

The ranking on 15 December- Ep 2’s airing day

SN9D2Mp.jpg

The ranking on 16 December- Monday

woNcKF5.jpg

And on gooddata that tracks the buzz-worthiness of dramas and actors, for the 2nd week of December, the drama is no.1 and Son Yejin and Hyun Bin are at no.1 and 2 respectively.

dj0OSYj.jpg

Those of you who have said that the North Korean element makes the drama all the more interesting- I echo all of your comments. Quite a number of years ago I was keenly interested in this country and I have read a number of books about North Korean refugees and North Korea’s concentration camps etc...(Nothing To Envy and a few others), so it is really fascinating that I get to see what I had only imagined in my mind being fleshed out in the drama; the regular house inspections; the picture of the Premier in each house (and from the books I read, the people in the house have to bow when passing through the picture); the kimchi “fridge”; the lights-out etc etc..Hyun Bin said in their drama interviews for drama promotion in Thailand and Taiwan that one of the most interesting things about the drama is that the production team had to create an entire North Korean village and I think they really did a great job in that! 

• Like 12
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, sunkissedluna said:

I’m back to Kdrama because of this series. I haven’t seen an episode yet but i’m already sure that i will watch until the end. 

This comes with a caution ... too many spoilers! :lol: I'm in the middle of Ep. 2 but I feel like I have seen the entire 2 episodes already, LOL  --  the consequence of logging In and Out from Soompi and loitering on this thread often :P

I hope you enjoy this drama as much as I did :thumbsup:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Hi everyone thanks for the confirmation about Netflix airing time. So it's different for each country and the fastest or the nearest is about 1 hour after it airs in Korea. Can we see the list of Korean drama that has been bought (?) or will be aired by Netflix ? I never watch through it so I'm newbie about that :sweatingbullets:

6 hours ago, Loveumore said:

It was so kind of you. Thanks for the bts translation:)

Can i ask for more? :D....the kakaolive when both were interviewed, could you also pls translate? Thanks for your ample time:wub:

Hmm is there any youtube video for this? I can't make promises about when I will post the translation but I'll try my best. :) I'm not fluent and to get the best or nearest translation I need to watch and repeat it for several times. Or if there is any particular conversation that wanted to be translated, you can also give the detail of the minutes in the YouTube video. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I just suddenly came up with some weird and possibly crazy theory during lunch after rewatching the 2 episodes for I dunno how many times. It may sound pretty ridiculous so I am going to keep it hidden and you can read it if you are interested.:lol:

Spoiler

So we know that Junghyuk and Seri were in Switzerland at the same period of time, and even though the drama hasn't shown us that they had any interactions, we know that Seri finds pianist Ri Junghyuk familiar, but can't remember (for now) where she has seen him before. I am thinking maybe Junghyuk had another name which he used as a pianist (or maybe not), and both of them have met and had a somehow short and brief interaction in Switzerland where Junghyuk may have already been attracted to Seri at that point of time. I have this idea that Junghyuk may have recognized her when they met again in North Korea but under the circumstances they were in, he has to do his job and pretend not to know her (there is a possibility that he didn't get to know her name from their brief encounter in Switzerland). This may also explain why he is protective of her even though he barely knows her for a couple of days. 

These are all just my speculations (probably even hallucinations) after repeating the 2 episodes for the umpteenth time, so please take it with a pinch of salt.

“Crash Landing On You” Tops Rankings Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas And Actors

XPuKaPY.png

Dec 17, 2019
by S. Nam

On December 17, Good Data Corporation shared the weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week. The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from December 9 to 15 for 21 dramas that are currently airing or are set to air.

Taking first place as the most buzzworthy drama was tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” with the leads Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin also taking first and second place respectively in the list of most buzzworthy actors. Meanwhile, SBS’s “Stove League” entered the ranks for the first time, placing second among buzzworthy dramas. Namgoong Min from “Stove League” also ranked No. 5 among cast members.

Although SBS’s “VIP” fell two steps since last week, the drama still managed to secure third place on the list for buzzworthy dramas. The actors of the drama also continued to rank high on the list of cast members with Jang Nara, Pyo Ye Jin, and Lee Sang Yoon coming in third, fourth, and sixth place respectively. JTBC’s “Chocolate” also saw a drop in the level of buzz accumulated, but it still ranked No. 4 among dramas with Ha Ji Won ranking No. 7 among cast members.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. tvN “Crash Landing on You” – 23.6 percent
  2. SBS “Stove League” – 15.84 percent
  3. SBS “VIP” – 12.05 percent
  4. JTBC “Chocolate” – 5.4 percent
  5. TV Chosun “Queen: Love and War” – 5.22 percent
  6. tvN “Catch the Ghost” – 5.15 percent
  7. KBS2 “Woman of 9.9 Billion” – 5.11 percent
  8. JTBC “Chief of Staff” Season 2 – 4.78 percent
  9. KBS2 “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” – 3.65 percent
  10. tvN “Psychopath Diary” – 3.65 percent

mYVCplj.png

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz this past week are as follows:

1. Son Ye Jin (“Crash Landing on You”)
  2. Hyun Bin (“Crash Landing on You”)
  3. Jang Nara (“VIP”)
  4. Pyo Ye Jin (“VIP”)
  5. Namgoong Min (“Stove League”)
  6. Lee Sang Yoon (“VIP”)
  7. Ha Ji Won (“Chocolate”)
  8. Seo Hyun Jin (“Black Dog”)
  9. Jo Yeo Jeong (“Woman of 9.9 Billion”)
  10. Jin Se Yeon (“Queen: Love and War”)

STn3Bjt.png

Source (1)

This is the English version of what @KimSooHanMoo posted earlier from Soompi :)

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

I love the character of Hyun Bin kinda snobby, strict but had a soft heart. There is the drama of Hyun bin I never watch coz i don't like the character. But now I'm so excited to look forward to the story. I just remember the Snow Queen Hyun bin makes me cried here. Now he makes thrills on his character. Son Ye-jin as like as before one of my favorite actresses still timeless beautiful.

The bubbly character it reminds me of In Personal Taste. So much excitement for the next episode-long day to wait.

• Like 5

@alleram95 thank you sooooooo much for translating the BTS :wub:.I think I should refrain myself from visiting this thread frequently hahahahaha. Got too much spoiler here and there..But its great reading insight from those who know NKorea pretty well. (esp the plat number) Does watching in NETFLIX  help the rating?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xoxo said:

@alleram95 thank you sooooooo much for translating the BTS :wub:.I think I should refrain myself from visiting this thread frequently hahahahaha. Got too much spoiler here and there..But its great reading insight from those who know NKorea pretty well. (esp the plat number) Does watching in NETFLIX  help the rating?  

Sadly No. Ratings only applied for watching it from TvN channel in South Korea. Netflix did not air it live. 

• Like 2