[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, carly08 said:

I am really not familiar with how the writer works except from my love from another star

maybe I am missing something...

do you have to be from SK to be Div 11 or are they from NK smuggled to SK?

One has to be a North Korean to be a Division 11 operative bec Div 11 is an organization within the North Korean military. Things are fictionalized on the show so I liken Div 11 to NK's Reconnaissance General Bureau, the real agency that deals with NK intelligence and spies, or it could be a secret agency under the RGB. When the show says "Div 11 are from SK", it refers to NK spies that have been sent to SK, and after completing a mission (and if they have not defected bec some of them do), have returned to NK. Some of the spies spend years and decades in SK and have acquired the SK accent and way of living. If they're not posing as citizens of another country like China some have acquired SK citizenship too. Others had been teaching in top SK universities before they were caught by SK authorities.  

2 hours ago, carly08 said:

Hi Comrades!

Whew, episode 8 is by far the best episode so far.

okay... I am new here but I have some theory. Remember back in the earlier episode, the person GH asked to investigate Seri’s Div 11 background? He mentioned a woman who recently returned to NK after a mission? 

I think she is Seri’s real mom... and if I may... I think she is the wedding designer who smuggled a magazine from Seoul.

and I have a feeling Seri has a half sibling (thinking it is the guy from my love from another star).

both of those actors I mentioned were in the previous drama so I wouldn’t put it past the writer.

Maybe after Seri’s father found out she was in NK, he contacted the birth mother... maybe...

do you guys think that is plausible?

It is plausible and a juicy twist too. Since the beginning when I first saw Se Ri's dad, a top chaebol who had been imprisoned for embezzlement, I actually thought that the character sounded like the collapsed conglomerate Da/ew/oo chairman, who incidentally passed away few days before CLOY first aired -- Dec 9, CLOY premiered on Dec 14. And yes, the real chairman was jailed for embezzlement, corruption, etc and more interestingly he was known to have made unprecedented strides to visit NK for about 2 weeks and struck a trading deal with the NK government through Dae/woo's offices in HK or SG. 

So, your theory is not farfetched. It's not implausible that a chaebol could have contacts inside NK, either through spies that they have hired in the corporation or in some illicit businesses that they still do with the NK government. 

I often wonder though, bec it's popular here, how did the theory of Se Ri's mom being a Div 11 spy come about? CCK's friend said that the older Div 11 lady is in her 50's. Se Ri is 32. Let's say the woman is 55, then she must have Se Ri at 23. Well, it seems too young for me, but yeah, it's a child-bearing age. LOL  

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

9 hours ago, luffie said:

Btw i got some bad news for you guys. There will be no episode for Chinese new year. So the gap between ep 10 and 11 is another 2 week just like from ep 6 to 7. It will be a painful wait yet again for all of us comrade.

Is the above true? Are we really having another 2 weeks break? Does anyone know why? :bawling:

Yes. Netflix has the next date feb 2 after Jan 19 Sunday airing

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

As mentioned by some of you about Na Younghee's appearance in the drama, I too found it very odd that she was brought in as wedding designer. I am pretty sure she is not there just as a cameo. And her character being so sneaky about selling wedding dresses and smuggling South Korea wedding magazines definitely make it seem that we will see more of her in the upcoming episodes, especially when the choosing of wedding dress scene got cut so abruptly by Dan. I am suspecting that she is a member of Division 11 and Seri's mum as well like many of you. If that's true, it would be interesting to see how she is going to play a part in helping Seri to get back to South Korea or maybe she would even help Junghyuk and Seri get together.

Another character I would like to mention in this episode is Manbok. It breaks my heart to see him being in such a turmoil because of his job. He is so very human but he has to serve the country and do such unethical stuff which goes against his conscience. I cheered for him and so wanted to hug him when he helped Junghyuk and Seri by lying to Jo Cheol Kang. I hope he is able to get out of this whole vicious cycle of having to do this dirty job by the end of the drama. He deserves to be happy!

Anyway, back to our main couple, I am not sure if you all realized that there are some things that are reversed between the 2 of them. At the beginning, it was Junghyuk doing everything for Seri. But when Junghyuk got hit by the bullet, things turned around and Seri started to become the caregiver instead. What she is doing doesn't add up to what Junghyuk has done for her so far, but I believe this is the one time she has opened up her heart in her life and given her all to care for someone. Previously, it was Junghyuk who lent her his shoulder but this time round, she was the one who lent her shoulder to him. It was his turn to rely on her and I think for the first time in his life, Junghyuk felt insecure about the possibility of someone walking away from him. Maybe it was because of his injury and fever, but we cannot deny the fact that Seri is essential in his life and he cannot bear the thought of her leaving. He was so transparent with his feelings when he thought that she left without saying bye to him. He literally begged her to meet him so that he can say goodbye to her in person (which I am sure he won't be able to let her go if they really did meet). This was a big contrast to his previous acts when he pretended not to care when she said goodbye and told her to forget about him and live a good life. The scene where they met at Seungjun's house really confirmed their love for each other.:bawling:

Urghhh... Typing this post makes me want to rewatch episode 8 again but I am at work. Can I just skip the rest of the weekdays and get to Saturday now? Hahaha~ This drama keeps leaving me wanting more!!!

• Like 18
  • Love 6

i’m here to post ... fashion! hahahaha :sweat_smile: i haven’t got the chance to watch the episode with eng subs yet *strangle me comrades, this is level 3 betrayal*

SR’s NK clothes are too expensive for me to afford.. i probably need to screen through the ones that are worn by the NK ahjumma comrades instead

• Like 13

I have no idea who Seri's birth mum is but I am rather touched by the way her stepmother seems to be the only person in that family who cares one whit about her. People can be your family even if you don't share blood.

(Of course...some people in this show now DO share blood...! :D )

• Like 8
  • LOL 8

4 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

i’m here to post ... fashion! hahahaha :sweat_smile: i haven’t got the chance to watch the episode with eng subs yet *strangle me comrades, this is level 3 betrayal*

SR’s NK clothes are too expensive for me to afford.. i probably need to screen through the ones that are worn by the NK ahjumma comrades instead

I wonder how the expensive fashion brands feel about their clothes being used in the show to depict something outdated, cheap, and definitely not fashionable. :D

I like these fashion posts though. And they always make me LOL when an expensive flowery skirt is paired with an equally expensive colorblock jacket, then Se Ri walks around the jangmadang in them and the combination just looks awfully gaudy. Makes me wonder if their appearance on the show causes increased sales or the opposite? :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

@sussieh comrade your theory sounds feasible and other comrades' theories here are just as good & it's nice that we can have this kinda brain storming if you will!

Spoiler

i think JH mother adores her son so much so she's v supportive of him! his father may not be wearing his emotions on his sleeves but i guess deep down he's also supportive of his youngest son! can you believe that in spite of JH's health condition he went out of his way to find the love of his life :) He just makes us love him more! I think ep 8 will be one of my favorites and SR being so worried of JH to the point she's also willing to risk everything for him! these two are just too adorable :heart:

well comrades, time for me to re-watch ep 8 so let me leave this thread for a little while bc this thread honestly, is just as addictive as the drama! :sweatingbullets:

bef i do that let's hv a snippets of the ep 8 recap of some of their touching conversations:

Spoiler

CRASH LANDING ON YOU: EPISODE 8 RECAP – PART 1 (cr: dramamilk)

He tells her, I am here to take you, just in case you were waiting for me.

I am sorry, but I am not waiting for you. Just let me go home.

JH – I will find another way.

Seri – You did not find the way, you failed. I trusted you. Seung-joon has another way. We will get married and I will get the foreigner passport and safely go back. He proposed to me.

Jung-hyeok sees her ring.

Seri – I will do it. So, let’s stop seeing each other. We, is a funny thing to say. We are nothing at all. We are illegal to be together. I am sick and tired of this place. I just want to go so don’t drag me. What you are doing now, I really hate it. IT is too much stress.

He walks right in front of her and softly asks, are you sure?

She nods lightly, I am sure.

So he tells her, okay. I understand. He wipes a few of her tears away and tells her not to cry. Then he turns and leaves. 

Seung-joon tells the other men not to follow him, it’s okay. He tells her that they can go inside. But she tells him that he can go inside first. I want to be alone. He tells her okay, it is cold so don’t stay out too long. He goes back inside.

She stays outside and cries.

Jung-hyeok walks the long way back to civilization on the street.

Seri keeps crying and mumbles that she is so cold, why is it so cold. What if he passes out walking back? This is driving me crazy.

Inside, Seung-joon hears a cars engine revving and then goes outside to see Seri taking off with one of the cars!

She drives off in this snow storm looking for Jung-hyeok with so many tears. Then she sees him standing in the street with the snow flying all around him.

She hops out and runs in front of him and tells him, hop in first, I will take you back. He pulls her into a hug. She stays there a moment but tells him to let her go, I am not here to do this. But he keeps holding her and she hold him as well.

• Like 6
  • Love 5

29 minutes ago, loyaltvbviewer said:

Yes. Netflix has the next date feb 2 after Jan 19 Sunday airing

I just noticed this today too! After Jan19, episode 11 will be shown on feb1! Huhu. Probably because of the Chinese New Year. 

I wish they'd give us a lot of loving moments from our couple before they go on haitus again! :(

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

“Crash Landing On You” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” Stays Strong At No. 1

Jan 13, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has soared to a new all-time high!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 12 episode of the romantic comedy drama scored an average nationwide rating of 11.3 percent and a peak of 12.6 percent, marking its highest viewership ratings to date.

“Crash Landing on You” also performed well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, scoring an average rating of 7.4 percent and a peak of 8.5 percent—but it performed particularly well with female viewers in their forties, with whom it scored an impressive peak rating of 16.7 percent for the night.

Meanwhile, KBS’s “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” remained undefeated as the most-watched drama of Sunday night, scoring average nationwide ratings of 24.0 percent and 26.5 percent for its two parts.

Finally, TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” stayed strong with an average nationwide rating of 4.143 percent for the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376555wpp/crash-landing-on-you-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-beautiful-love-wonderful-life-stays-strong-at-no-1

• Like 10

I've been reading reviews on CLoY from BitchesOverDramas blog and also here in Forum and I love love how the author of BoD (BitchesoverDramas) stated the 10 nice things that SeRi taught Jeong Hyeok in Episode 03 to a young tomato tree so that it will grow nicely and not wither, and she did exactly that in last night's 8th episode.

1. Goodbye

2. Be safe

3. I hope you have a good wedding

4. I hope you have a lovely family

5. Be happy

6. Live a long, happy life

7. Forget about our time together

8. Make sure you do that

9. Ri Jeong Hyeok -shi

10. I love you

Those 10 last 'words' that SeRi told Jeong Hyeok and the last one would leave the biggest impact in Jeong Hyeok's life. SeRi wanted Jeong Hyeok to live a good life after her 'demise' thus the 10 last words.

Oh, this makes me cry again. Such a good job CLoY team! 

Edited by Nesseri
  • Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 4

6 hours ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 8 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 11.349%

Seoul: 12.031%

Wow! So good ratings for a so good episode!

Really love these Adjummas.. reminds me of Desperate Housewives

31 minutes ago, Nesseri said:

I've been reading reviews on CLoY from BitchesOverDramas blog and also here in Forum and I love love how the author of BoD (BitchesoverDramas) stated the 10 nice things that SeRi taught Jeong Hyeok in Episode 03 to a young tomato tree so that it will grow nicely and not wither, and she did exactly that in last night's 8th episode.

Spoiler

1. Goodbye

2. Be safe

3. I hope you have a good wedding

4. I hope you have a lovely family

5. Be happy

6. Live a long, happy life

7. Forget about our time together

8. Make sure you do that

9. Ri Jeong Hyeok -shi

10. I love you

Those 10 last 'words' that SeRi told Jeong Hyeok and the last one would leave the biggest impact in Jeong Hyeok's life. SeRi wanted Jeong Hyeok to live a good life after her 'demise' thus the 10 last words.

Oh, this makes me cry again. Such a good job CLoY team! 

Probably oso sending "message" indicating her leaving/disappearance has got somethg to do with his family members?? 

• Like 6

I went from humming and dancing to the tune of Love Me Like You Do Cinematic Version in Ep 7

Spoiler

5c00367831d520d107d9e2192fc8bb354a62b993

Credit: kdramanewbie

to belting out Unbreak My Heart by Toni Braxton in Ep 8. 

519cabceee7ea00534425d3f5c1c2dadcb4f642a

d20e6559b1a1d0673d54d72332a1b4fdfae48d1b3e443f4b42d156b5b247f2727f931a6c2c8ef827

Credit: kdramanewbie

Few words but speak volumes of meaning. 

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 11
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Katrina Abdul Talib said:

Probably oso sending "message" indicating her leaving/disappearance has got somethg to do with his family members?? 

Perhaps. I don't know, too busy wiping my own tears during the silence after the gunshot hahaha! 

• Like 6

Comrades I'm sure you'll love this pix of our OTP, not sure if this was posted already but as always, it won't hurt to have duplicate :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2w8jSZO37hTGedhWC0maimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2w8jSZO37hTGedhWC0ma

Spoiler

Has anyone of you seen/watched HB's Late Autumn? I'm looking at it right now & I don't recall ever seeing it.

hqdefault.jpg

79313181_163069151669976_771461383546555

He's so handsome in this pix I can't help but post it :heart:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sharluvsenergy said:

He was so transparent with his feelings when he thought that she left without saying bye to him. He literally begged her to meet him so that he can say goodbye to her in person (which I am sure he won't be able to let her go if they really did meet). This was a big contrast to his previous acts when he pretended not to care when she said goodbye and told her to forget about him and live a good life. The scene where they met at Seungjun's house really confirmed their love for each other.:bawling:

I wasn't particularly excited going into Episode 8 because I really thought the storyline would take the noble idiocy route that I so detest. I am so glad that the writer merely teased us with the thought of Seri rejecting JH "to protect" him and vice versa. The lovers went for it, come hell or high water... against all odds. I love that they did not take the cowardly road and faced all the danger TOGETHER instead.

It's also a big plus that it's Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. It's quite fitting for their age to do the mature thing, so their decisions are entirely believable. They are not teenagers anymore and that's great. Some scenes were filled with non-verbal parts that less experiences actors couldn't have pulled off.

• Like 15
  • Love 4

The thread is moving so fast I cannot keep up anymore. Anyway, sharing some thoughts I have after watching this week's episodes:

~ I love that the romance is finally progressing, we've got a kiss and they have a quiet understanding of where each of them stands in the other's heart even though they may say otherwise.

~ Yay for YSR's two loyal minions who managed to get a meeting with her dad!

~ Yay for Ear for lying to his boss! So proud of him, although worried too...

~ I had wished that RJH will get to see the watch, but no, so what will happen to the important watch? That is the watch he gifted his brother, right? Well, since I am guessing that YSR is taken by RJH's dad, here's hoping the watch will somehow land in their house and RJH comes across it.

~ It's high time to show us some backstory of the evil guy. Is he just power hungry or does he have some kind of personal vendetta against the Ri family? He is getting one-dimensional for me, and I don't even bothered to remember his name yet.

~ Surprisingly, SD's mother wants to make sure that most of all SD will find happiness through her marriage with RJH. So I see her as being the person who will call off the wedding when she remembers there is another girl in his heart. And I also think that the family having a department store as their main business will come into play later on. Who knows, maybe Seri's Choice will make a launching of NK's branch in the department store? With Seri's ways of currying favors, I can see her easily winning SD's mother over to her side :lol: then maybe they will work together to advance the fashion and cosmetics line in NK :D

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

48 minutes ago, campanulah said:

“Crash Landing On You” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet As “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” Stays Strong At No. 1

Jan 13, 2020
by E. Cha

tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” has soared to a new all-time high!

According to Nielsen Korea, the January 12 episode of the romantic comedy drama scored an average nationwide rating of 11.3 percent and a peak of 12.6 percent, marking its highest viewership ratings to date.

“Crash Landing on You” also performed well with the key demographic of viewers ages 20 to 49, scoring an average rating of 7.4 percent and a peak of 8.5 percent—but it performed particularly well with female viewers in their forties, with whom it scored an impressive peak rating of 16.7 percent for the night.

Meanwhile, KBS’s “Beautiful Love Wonderful Life” remained undefeated as the most-watched drama of Sunday night, scoring average nationwide ratings of 24.0 percent and 26.5 percent for its two parts.

Finally, TV Chosun’s “Queen: Love and War” stayed strong with an average nationwide rating of 4.143 percent for the evening.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1376555wpp/crash-landing-on-you-achieves-its-highest-ratings-yet-as-beautiful-love-wonderful-life-stays-strong-at-no-1

Statistic for rating wise may varies for its distribution rights as to whether a free to air statio or pay airing station. KBS is free airing network means those household that has tv can freely access to kbs show without any additional payment... Whereas tvN network is a cable airing network. It means those can watch their show must have to pay per month or subscribe per month.

Moreover not all can apply for cable this is an additional household charges if someone is drawing only an average salary. For those who are well to do family they can access to have install this cable network 

That news should be classified into two: for free airing network- kbs show as no1, and for cable airing- CLoY as no1. So that those who might read may not got confused. Just my opinion:D

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

Has anyone found the song they play at the end of episode 8 yet? It's so pretty. I think the second verse is "살면 시가문 나의 드는서게 그대모스 타마봅니다", but my Korean's not great so I may have transcribed it wrong.

• Like 7