[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, Momo_07 said:

But if the inherent conflict that the hero's journey needs to conquer is about how to keep them together... then I wish the journey of meeting and growing their relationship in Swiss was fleshed out a bit more - something that I feel is quite essential to make JH and SR's story a realistic one.

I was expecting a few more scenes related to their journey as well. Now that I have managed to watch episode 16, I keep on wondering how JH ended up in Swiss and for what purpose. What did he do to get there? How did he find SR?

Even though I don’t necessary dislike episode 16, its storytelling leaves a lot to be desired. 

ERC19yIWkAEqoGT?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 13
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, Esteraela said:

Omgosh I really, really enjoyed point 5 too. My heart melted and broke at the same time when RJH walked for miles when he had just recovered, to only hear Seri pushing him away.

And even then, he is one of a kind lead character, who didn't forcefully grab Seri by the wrist or forcefully pulled her into a hug. HE JUST SAID "I understand, but don't cry". MY HEART JUST... DROPPED.

Poor RJH just wanted to make sure that Seri was safe and okay.

My love level to RJH increased tremendously because of this scene :heart:

• Like 4
  • Love 3

24 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I was expecting a few more scenes related to their journey as well. Now that I have managed to watch episode 16, I keep on wondering how JH ended up in Swiss and for what purpose. What did he do to get there? How did he find SR?

Even though I don’t necessary dislike episode 16, its storytelling leaves a lot to be desired. 

So the celestial BGM and the angelic lighting around JH and SR in the last two minutes, makes their love surreal... like a dream, which is precisely what they were trying to avoid by making them meet in Swiss... because all the other possibilities involve some element of fantasy (re-unification) (or) conflicts with the character arc of JH and SR (neither would want to give up the worlds they live in; JH in fear of putting his parents in danger and SR wouldn't want to give up her career that's every bit her identity) 

So not hashing out the details of how they find each other* and what they go through to keep on holding onto each other were important details. 

*In the denouement I'm writing - my JH and SR start leaving notes or messages of some sort at places where they believe the other might come in search of them. That would have shown another level of dedication, but still employs logic to make it realistic

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

In ep 16 epilogue, they even get themselves a home to live in Switzerland.So that means they will live there for just 2weeks each year?I hope they will release deleted scenes,  NGs.I heard there are some scenes that were changed due to political matters.I think they won't release those scenes though.Since they can't show it in the drama so they probably can't release it either.Only the cast and crew would know those scenes.YSR and RJH being able to meet for 2weeks a year is enough for me because North Korea is not a country that would let their citizens to go abroad easily.

(this is just my imagination)So if they continue to meet just 2weeks each year. And they will grow older and older as well. According to the drama ending including epilogue, RJH is 35 and YSR is 34 already.So they will never be able to get married and live together?Even though the epilogue ended with them living happily ever after for 2weeks each year but life doesn't stop there.Years will pass and they will grow old as well.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Clemzstar said:

@hibiscus23 It is in episode 14. When Captain Ri is doing everything for Seri and was helping her sit up. While Seri and Captain Ri in their own little world, the F5 were sitting at the sofa and Sgt Pyo went "Captain Ri, we havent eaten yet" in this monotone voice. I find that scene hilarious.

I understand dong-ji means comrade or maybe in this case captain. However maybe it is just my hearing but it does not sound like they are calling him Ri Jeong Hyeok Dong Ji? or maybe they are ... i can only hear the dong ji quite distinctly or something ri jiang dong ji?

They've been calling Ri Jeong-hyeok "RI Jung-dae-jang-dong-ji" since episode 1... It literally translates  to "Comrade Captain Ri"

"Dong mu" and "Dong Ji" have similar meaning, which are roughly translated to "comrade"

But if I'm not mistaken "Dong Ji" has higher hierarchy than "Dong Mu"

For instance, RJH was addressed as "Dong Ji" by the Company 5 because he's in the higher hierarchy....while Seri was addressed as "Sam Sook Dongmu" in the village, because she and the villagers are just peopleSeo Dan and Gu Seungjun address each other as "Dongmu."

I don't recall how the Company 5 addressed Seri in the beginning (ONLY Chi-soo has been consistent in calling her "eminai" aka "woman" lol)...but Eun-dong (and the rest of them) addressed her as "Dong-ji" when they're in SK.. If they change the way they address her, maybe because they acknowledge her as their captain's wife hence the higher hierarchy hahaha...

To make it clearer, you definitely cannot address Kim Jong-un "DONG MU", for instance.

EDIT:

Rewatching~ The english sub doesn't translate this kind of thing correctly tbvh..

Up till episode 9, Company 5 addresses her as "Dong-mu".  Then when they meet again in SK, Eundong calls her "Dong Ji" (though when he talks about her in front of the hospital and when he said goodbye in Ep 16, he's back 'dongmu')...then Jumeok also calls her like that (and reverts back 'dongmu' in Ep 14 and 16). IDK if it's a plot hole or they can use the terms interchangeably...

There's a definite plot hole, though. Seri called Jeonghyeok "you (geu-jjok)" or without subject at first then at episode 3 she slipped "Ri Jeong-hyeok-ssi..." (during the discussion about post-breakup scenario haha) She wasn't supposed to know his name in episode 3 yet haha.

The ahjummas also address Young-ae as "Young-ae Dong Ji" since she's Senior Colonel's wife...and in EP 04, Ok and Wol ahjummas also called Jeonghyeok as "dong ji" but when they talked to Seo Dan (and some scenes afterwards), they addressed him as both interchangeably haha.

=================================================================================

I agree with the dong-mu's analysis here about what's missing...

I truly want the OTPs to have more conversation at the epilogue and ending scene, instead of having everything implied...

But they have time constraint and they have to tie up some plots... Also, some viewers might think that such mundane couple scenes are needed... :(

LET'S WAIT FOR THE DVD OR A SPECIAL EPISODE ONLY ABOUT RIRI haha

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

52 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

But they have time constraint and they have to tie up some plots... Also, some viewers might think that such mundane couple scenes are needed...

Had they edited out all those flashbacks...... well, what’s done is done and cannot be undone.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Esteraela said:

Omgosh I really, really enjoyed point 5 too. My heart melted and broke at the same time when RJH walked for miles when he had just recovered, to only hear Seri pushing him away.

And even then, he is one of a kind lead character, who didn't forcefully grab Seri by the wrist or forcefully pulled her into a hug. HE JUST SAID "I understand, but don't cry". MY HEART JUST... DROPPED.

Poor RJH just wanted to make sure that Seri was safe and okay.

Me too....I love how RJH knows Seri well.  He always does.  :wub:  

• Like 4

I'm not into the second leads, but I question the need to kill SJ... 

Writer-nim, instead of having the broker send all the files to Manger Oh, they could have had Mr Cheon help him get back to SK.. Se Ri could have cut a deal for him to testify against the second brother and wife, in flesh and blood and acquitted him or reduce the sentencing...

We could have still had the scene were SD is pining for him on the bridge, but  have him show up instead.... go back for SD... 

Alberto, being a british citizen could have played messenger for SR and JH.... Sigh!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I have to admit that i like this drama because of this main lead couple and the beautiful scenery shown.:) 

It had successfully driven the audience crazy over on this drama, and letting the ladies revelled in this romance love story....they indeed made it. Almost perfect 10. Why it was so successful in achieving high rating after it ended?  The credits go to the writer, PD and the whole cast.

The story elements comprised of :

• the right choice in selecting the lead actor and actress, highly compatible couple (handsome vs beautiful, not just their outer look, their height is perfectly matched),
  • the right location selection - Switzerland, beautiful country and nature landscaping, any romantic couple will aspire to go there one day,
  • the right costume selection, using army uniform (Hyun bin and his team) that would mostly drive ladies crazy according to news. Another good example was "Descendant of the Sun",
  • the special camero for 3 special stars (Jung Kyoung Ho, Kim Soo Hyun and Choi Ji Woo) appeared on 3 separate ep that push up the rating,
  • the song and a clear drama theme that matched the story,
  • the use of dialogue and monologue by the character roles, 
  • the comical elements mostly came from 4 navie soldiers and occasionally from Hyun bin (especially the moment that shown his jealousy face)

Last but not least, i enjoyed the most unique and interesting part of this drama a special plot that appeared on the last part of each episode has always given a clear explanation of what happened in the past....it was awesome, the writer/PD produced it not only once, but reflected on each episode.

The couple's eye contact and their body languages could lead to some tell tale signs especially during the BTS..they certainly have feeling for each other, but because they are both professionals and experience actor, they would not show too obviously during the shooting. Will they get dating after this drama or get married after a while, only time will tell...:)

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Hi everyone! I'm just a silent reader here but I can't take it anymore.:blink:

I'm so bothered about my separation anxiety and withdrawal symptoms from CLOY. I'm quite calmed down today but yesterday was so bad, I don't have the appetite and energy. 

I hope we can get a long! And help each other to move on if we can. :sweatingbullets:

Before I forgot. How old is JH and SR? Because I remember SD said she took the camera 10yrs ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Clemzstar said:

Hi all,

Just asking for those that know how to speak Korean. Can someone share with me the actual pronunciation of when the F5 greet or speak to Captain Ri. I cannot seem to find online and google translate is not giving me what i want.

It sounds to me like 5 words ending with Dong-ji (i could be wrong sorry!)

I think they call him Ri Tae Jang Dong-ji. Tae Jang means Captain (something I picked up from Chuno lol!) and Dong-ji is Comrade. So it's Comrade Captain Ri in English. 

I am also bowled by the word 'saudade' used in the lovely scene of Seri's tribute to the NK Ahjummas, where it was the name of the limited edition range of Seri' Choice cream. I paused to Google the meaning, and was gobsmacked by its meaning: "Saudade is a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent somethings or someones that one cares for and/or loves while simultaneously having positive emotions towards the future. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never be had again"

And then I had rewind again to catch the exact Korean word used, and it was 'Keurium' and here's the exact meaning: In Korean, keurium (그리움) is probably closest to saudade. “It reflects a yearning for anything that has left a deep impression in the heart—a memory, a place, a person, etc.”

So so lovely. Kudos to the translator for capturing the essence of an important which truly reflects the mood of the story. 

• Like 10
  • Love 1

54 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

How much do I love CLOY?

I am making plans to visit Switzerland next year!

*Gotta start saving money*

For the ultimate experience, why not a trip to North Korea instead :D

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Katelyn Lana said:

In ep 16 epilogue, they even get themselves a home to live in Switzerland.So that means they will live there for just 2weeks each year?I hope they will release deleted scenes,  NGs.I heard there are some scenes that were changed due to political matters.I think they won't release those scenes though.Since they can't show it in the drama so they probably can't release it either.Only the cast and crew would know those scenes.YSR and RJH being able to meet for 2weeks a year is enough for me because North Korea is not a country that would let their citizens to go abroad easily.

(this is just my imagination)So if they continue to meet just 2weeks each year. And they will grow older and older as well. According to the drama ending including epilogue, RJH is 35 and YSR is 34 already.So they will never be able to get married and live together?Even though the epilogue ended with them living happily ever after for 2weeks each year but life doesn't stop there.Years will pass and they will grow old as well.

No, it did not say 2 weeks a year. But, when SR  said she took leave for two weeks (this is the best 2 weeks in her vacation), then the secretary asked her about why she always had vacation in switzerland later she did not answer his question. So, it means she was not only in switzerland only for 2 weeks in a year. But, more than that. 

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, cakezetajones said:

Saudade is a deep emotional state of nostalgic or profound melancholic longing for an absent somethings or someones that one cares for and/or loves while simultaneously having positive emotions towards the future. Moreover, it often carries a repressed knowledge that the object of longing might never be had again"

Seems like we are all in "Saudade"  due to CLOY.

• Like 5
  • Sad 2

44 minutes ago, LovelySwiss said:

Hi everyone! I'm just a silent reader here but I can't take it anymore.:blink:

I'm so bothered about my separation anxiety and withdrawal symptoms from CLOY. I'm quite calmed down today but yesterday was so bad, I don't have the appetite and energy. 

I hope we can get a long! And help each other to move on if we can. :sweatingbullets:

Before I forgot. How old is JH and SR? Because I remember SD said she took the camera 10yrs ago. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

I can't find the picture, but Jeonghyeok was born in Juche 77 or 1988 in Gregorian calendar.

You can check it in episode 2/3 when he went to Pyeongyang alone and got asked for his ID card at the station.

For Seri, in episode 2, her first year-old (international age) birthday party was shown. It was in 1989. 

It means Seri was also born in 1988.

ps: JUCHE YEAR is the calendar they use in North Korea. Juche 1 means 1912, the year when Kim Il-Sung was born. They don't use normal Gregorian calendar. Initially, they did...but they changed it to Juche calendar around 1990-ish after Kim Il-Sung passed away to honor him. If you want to convert Gregorian to Juche, go here

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2