[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

It's just UNBELIEVABLE how much passion and interest the audience have on the OTP couple SR-JH! People are SO INVESTED in them, as if they are real people (probably influenced by SYJ-HB playing the OTP). Everyone wants SO MUCH that they have a happy ever ending, including far into the future, that they will have kids and a blissful family life, and grow old together.

I can't recall any other kdrama OTP in recent years that generates such passionate investment from audience! What do everyone thinks, esp those who have followed more kdramas.

Yes, it's so strange.  I don't watch too many but in recent years the ones I end up watching are those ones that are considered cultural phenomenons I guess (DOTS, Goblin) - never felt so invested in the otp.  I did adore them stupidly of course, but something is different with RJH and SR, maybe because as individuals they are fantastic characters, so easy to love, and so believable that we want to root for them forever.  As I write this I think the main reason is because I actually believed RJH and SR are in love and I got to be a part of their journey falling in love, and so in that way I'm much more invested in them than other pairings.  There are concrete examples that I can pinpoint to, i.e. their interactions, experiences, conversations, happy moments, and challenges, to mark each stage of their progression from crush, to like, to love.  This is the difference between RJH and SR, and other OTPs, I think.

58 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Your words are exactly how i feel..:bawling:

So sad because these are amazing songs!!  Maybe in a bit of time when the emotions subside, it will be easier to listen to them.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

As I write this I think the main reason is because I actually believed RJH and SR are in love and I got to be a part of their journey falling in love, and so in that way I'm much more invested in them than other pairings. 

Another thing, if I may add, is: the casting directors really did a good job in casting HB and SYJ. Both actors are of a similar age which make the pairing works. Had they casted lead actors with a significant age gap, the pairing would not have fit the main theme of this drama. 

• Like 9

After more than a day of processing the story line, its my opinion that writer-nim was 'indulged' both by PD-nim and the editor... essentially, she got free reign over what she wrote (I have read that writer-nims trump PD-nims in K-drama world, which is directly opposite to how things work in Hollywood)... Don't get me wrong, that's the creative writing process... you write without judgement first and the threads can get many endings, different shades of character growth depending on how many times the plots have been revisited. 

But you need to sit down and play editor to all of that writing to decide what's the story you want to tell and find a balance with what the viewers want to see.  

We could have had 8 episodes of NK, 7 episodes of SK and may be 1 episode of how JH and SR find each other in Swiss... and how their life plays out after that. 

Given that they still don't have a reliable way of communicating with each other while in their respective countries, there is a great deal of uncertainty around their trips and the likelihood that they would meet. Writer-nim could have explored this angst and how the couple came about giving acceptance to the choice of wanting to be with each other, despite the distance and unpredictability. 

I wanted to see JH looking up her articles... Something about his day as a pianist at the National orchestra. I wanted scenes of JH trying to find SR as well and failing, just as SR mistook the piano player. I wanted to see JH and SR not holding back as a couple. Sigh!

I think JH crossing the border multiple times already tells us why they choose each other over all of that uncertainty, when its so easy to forget each other and move on....

But if the inherent conflict that the hero's journey needs to conquer is about how to keep them together... then I wish the journey of meeting and growing their relationship in Swiss was fleshed out a bit more - something that I feel is quite essential to make JH and SR's story a realistic one.

• Like 15
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

i'm in the middle of stress because this drama...
i can't eat well.. everything i put into my mouth it's feel not tasty..
and i got stomach problem.. help me
what the heck with this drama... OMG

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

What a perfect way to start episode 16!!! Episode 15 ended with Seri flatlining and Gu unconscious in the ambulance. I guess asking for happy endings for the main and secondary love teams was too much to ask for because on the opening salvo Gu died. But he died knowing that Dan loved him and not Ri, so he did not die in vain. It is also nice that during the talk between Ri’s and Dan’s mother it wasn’t not mentioned that he died, rather he just went far away. Even during Ri and Dan’s talk before Dan gave the camera. Better to remember Gu when he was alive and all the help he gave Ri instead of mourning and feeling sad for Dan because he died. Dan is the only one who deserves to mourn Gu because she was the one who learned to love Gu despite knowing he is not a good person. 
We all know Seri is going to recover but this is a drama after all so that flatlining scene is a given and it did give a very good reason for Ri to be brought by NIS to the hospital. So nice to see that Seri and step mom has reconciled. Truly one cannot hide his or her emotions towards the person you care for. Seri said she doesn’t need to see Ri one last time because they have said goodbye too many times. But when she found out that Ri spent days without sleep and food standing outside her room and waiting for her to recover, she just broke down and ate her words. Ri re-entering SK after seeing Seri running while in the act of being handcuffed by the NK soldier was definitely one of the highlights of the show. The NIS sort of gave Ri protection and allowed him to cross over because they know the feelings between the two. In real life though Ri would most likely have been shot. This scene was needed for Ri to apologize to Seri and also to give her hope that they could still meet in the future. 
I fully expected the ambitious director to try to kill Ri and the ducklings but what I didn’t expect was for Ri’s father to kill him. I guess that is the only logical thing to do because that director is just too ambitious and will surely try again to kill Ri. I’m curious what was in the white paper that Ri’s mom was holding? Is that poison in case Ri’s father tell her that Ri is died or in case both didn’t return and instead it was the corrupt director who came to arrest her? 
Music can indeed cure many things and it helped Dan move on from Gu. It also didn’t hurt that she got her revenge because Seri’s 2nd brother and sister in law was caught by NIS after Gu’s former manager assisted. It would have been nice had they shown Dan playing the cello. 
Dan’s mom has let bygones be bygones and gave gifts to the key ladies of the military village. It was another touching scene when we saw their faces on the Seri’s Choice products. Saudade is a very appropriate word to use because its closest English translation is bitter sweet. The word invokes a feeling of both happiness and sadness. Seri had happy moments with them and it gives her great joy remembering them but at the same time she knows she likely never see them and thus spend happy moments with them again. 
The ducklings are safe and the former sergeant now captain who use to hate anything SK now seem to be the most versed in western sayings. I could say they are also experiencing sausade but not to the same extent as Seri. I’m very happy for ManBok because he used his listening skills before to assist in doing bad things but now he is recording nature sounds which could relax the soul and bring happiness to other people.

Now time to talk about Seri and Ri again. As expected Seri became emotional when she got home and saw the things that Ri did. I suspected that Ri spelled out i love you using the books and I was correct. I was wrong though with the plant as I thought it was a tomato. The part I found the coolest was the timed messages that Ri composed during his time in NIS. So basically for a year it felt like they were still together. I remember a similar messaging app quite some time ago so my question is, is there really such as app in South Korea? 
The eldest brother finally got his wish of becoming the CEO of their company. A large part surely was due to Seri not willing to part with her company. She still showed though that aside from being more business savvy, she is more intelligent and cunning than her brother. She easily manipulated her brother into starting a scholarship program for musically gifted children. This was due to Ri’s last message of them meeting in the country were edelweiss grows.

Seri waited a few years (was it 3?) before she basically crash landed again after paragliding and finally found Ri in the landing site. We were as expected treated to the sweetest of hugs and kisses. I liked that they have a house in Switzerland to spend their time together and maybe have twins. But that my friends is another story and will most likely exist only in our imagination. On a serious note I hope the two lead stars have another project together because their chemistry is over the roof.

• Like 4

Re-watching ep 16.

Was that poison JH’s mother had prepared for herself to take? His father still looked so incredulous at his son’s tears for Seri. And the death of that Military Director - woots! RJH’s dad is really something. 

If Seo Dan’s mother could apparently just fly to Europe for what would look like business cum leisure, would RJH not have been able to do the same once he was discharged from the army? Am sure he saw Seri more than once a year...

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

To be honest, as much as I want them to date. That’s their personal issue. We, as viewers, shouldn’t touch that matter. Whether they are dating or not, that’s up to them. The agency has already denied it, so just leave it as it is. 

I agree. Also,  that particular photo has been analyzed through and through.. but if you look at the original photo taken from the BTS and not the one with drawing on the hands,  you will see that they are NOT holding hands!  Such photo is misleading and can potentially tarnish actors hard work and professionalism on set.  Please refrain from posting such photo again, please.  Vast has already denied the photo, let's just leave it as it is.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

11 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Another thing, if I may add, is: the casting directors really did a good job in casting HB and SYJ. Both actors are of a similar age which make the pairing works. Had they casted lead actors with a significant age gap, the pairing would not have fit the main theme of this drama. 

Absolutely agree!  I wanted to avoid writing HB/SYJ in my reasoning to focus on the characters, but if I'm being honest, these two are definitely contributing forces.  I have asked if I would feel the same adoration for RJH/SR if it was not HB/SYJ, but I can't even imagine anyone else because they truly embraced the characters so much, they're practically one and the same.

11 minutes ago, Momo_07 said:

Given that they still don't have a reliable way of communicating with each other while in their respective countries, there is a great deal of uncertainty around their trips and the likelihood that they would meet. Writer-nim could have explored this angst and how the couple came about giving acceptance to the choice of wanting to be with each other, despite the distance and unpredictability. 

I wanted to see JH looking up her articles... Something about his day as a pianist at the National orchestra. I wanted scenes of JH trying to find SR as well and failing, just as SR mistook the piano player. I wanted to see JH and SR not holding back as a couple. Sigh!

Yes!!!  This is what we were missing.  Scenes that show these details.  As an example, when SR and RJH reunited in episode 11 (I think) and went to the coffee shop, they had this face-to-face talk about how he got there, why he's here, the purpose, the plan, etc.  I need this dialogue.  To see how they coped alone and together.  Throughout the whole drama we were lucky to be given these details in their story so I think, without this, something was lacking.  Such is the risk with time skips and an ending with other characters competing for time allocation.

• Like 12

@hibiscus23 It is in episode 14. When Captain Ri is doing everything for Seri and was helping her sit up. While Seri and Captain Ri in their own little world, the F5 were sitting at the sofa and Sgt Pyo went "Captain Ri, we havent eaten yet" in this monotone voice. I find that scene hilarious.

I understand dong-ji means comrade or maybe in this case captain. However maybe it is just my hearing but it does not sound like they are calling him Ri Jeong Hyeok Dong Ji? or maybe they are ... i can only hear the dong ji quite distinctly or something ri jiang dong ji?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bojun said:

I’m curious what was in the white paper that Ri’s mom was holding? Is that poison in case Ri’s father tell her that Ri is died or in case both didn’t return and instead it was the corrupt director who came to arrest her? 

Yes, it is.  In Asia we have pills/medicine wrapped in white paper just like that.  In that scene, it is the poison that she was ready to take if JH's dad failed to save hismself/JH and if it was the corrupt director barged in through the door.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I felt HB and Park Shin Hye looked more brother and sister in MoA. It didn't work for me... but agreed that CLOY story worked because of how good they looked together and did an amazing job living as JH and SR for us.

• Like 11

Totally new here, but decided to join on the bandwagon because I see how everyone is so passionate about the Ri-ri couple and I had to join you all as well HEHE.

One thing that really struck me in the final episode was the talk between RJH's mom and Dan's mom.
It struck me because Dan's mom was so insistent on being the one to apologise for ending the engagement, instead of allowing RJH's mom to apologise.

Her persistence in requesting RJH's mom to accept her apology instead, really shows how much she really loves Dan despite her loud and gaudy ways. Because even if Dan's mom knew that it was RJH who didn't had feelings first, she'd rather be the one to apologise in her daughter's stead, so in this way, she protects Dan's pride as being the party who called off the engagement first.

Also, I read that some say it is "noble idiocy" at play when RJH tried to take on all the blame during the NIS interview, and not discussing things through with Seri. For most of the K-dramas I watch, I really detest this whole noble idiocy thing, like JUST TALK THINGS THROUGH CAN YOU?

But for this case, I don't think it was noble idiocy. RJH who has no experience with the NIS, (and it's a huge thing that a NK is caught by NIS) is in a position where he truly thinks that they will hurt Seri and his men as NK would have done. Rather than being a noble idiot, I think he calculated it all before deciding to push Seri away. Especially even more so when NIS agent said that their conversation will be recorded.

But even so, Seri looked through him and knew that he was lying out of love, and even understood why he chose to spew all those hurtful words. More than being hurt by the words he said till she fainted, she probably was more worked up that even at that point in time, he is trying to seem like "everything is fine", when it's not.

Earlier in the series, one part that really touched me was when Papa Ri kidnapped Seri, and in the truck when she tried to think of happy thoughts, she thought of how RJH always says that he is fine even when he is not.

Edited by Esteraela
  • Like 15
  • Love 3

19 minutes ago, Bojun said:I’m curious what was in the white paper that Ri’s mom was holding? Is that poison in case Ri’s father tell her that Ri is died or in case both didn’t return and instead it was the corrupt director who came to arrest her? 
Music can indeed cure many things and it helped Dan move on from Gu. It also didn’t hurt that she got her revenge because Seri’s 2nd brother and sister in law was caught by NIS after Gu’s former manager assisted. 
Bad mobile signal. I will finish this later. 

I also guess  that’s poison as Hyuk’s mom told his father that she would kill herself if either Hyuk or his father dies.

How much did CloY cost me?

- I subscribed Netflix to watch CloY in high quality.

- I spent $2000 on a bigger TV:flushed:.

- I rejected almost all part time jobs at the weekend to have time to watch CloY and followed the discussion on Soompi. CloY is popular in my country but I preferred to read discussions on Soompi because Soompi comrades are quite polite and insightful in your comments.

How much did I gain from CloY?

- I picked up many slangs that I actually don’t know because of my age:).

- The vibes of the main characters , the kindness    , loyalty of F4, the sense of community of the villagers bring peace to my mind and revive my soul. I become nicer and calmer to my beloved and people I work with. I feel as if I am in love for the first time with my husband and we make love more than usual :blush:.

- Switzerland and some of the filming sites in Korea are on my bucket list. If I visit Korea this summer, I will definitely come to the Bridge where Hyuk and Seri go to and stay in the Hotel in Busan that Hyuk and Seri used to stay.

Yes Cloy is just a drama but it is transforming myself. Love CloY and love all people contributing to the success and popularity of CloY:wub:

• Like 7
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 2

On 2/17/2020 at 1:30 PM, superspace said:

As much as I love all the lovey dovey scenes, I just realized that my top favourite scenes are more on the heartbreaking/heartwarming scenes:

1. Reunion crying hospital scene --- how Seri's voice sounds very sick, how Captain Ri looks in pain, Captain Ri run to Seri room with Yoon Mirae's song playing in the background, when finally Ri show his vulnerable side and say I LOVE YOU to Seri, and they were crying to each other. This scene will stay for loong time in my heart.
  2. DMZ Goodbye scene  --- no need to say anymore for this legendary scene. But, one of the most important is how finally Seri being honest and say all her feeling (So, we will not meet each other again? What should i do if i miss you so much). Because from previous separation, they never said about that before. They always act strong to each other. Edit: I love the fact that Ri in that serious-high tense situation, he only care on Seri (not fully recovered) and just run cross the border again. Honey, all officer already hold their gun, but his concern was only Seri's diaphragm. LOL!
  3. Face to face NIS Interview -- Detail acting from HB & YJ. How Ri little gestures change when Seri said "Please sit, I'm tired". Ri looked away when he saw Seri is in tears. Ri's chest in pain when Seri call his name "Ri Jeong Hyeok".

I love all scenes with our OTP. But those 3 scenes will stay in my heart.

Thank you CLOY production team, HB & SYJ!

We will wait and cheer your next project. :heart:

Comrades, I hope this is OK for me to add my favourite scenes in CLOY.

I just realized on my previous post all scenes are only from the latest episode (14-16).

We should not forget all great scenes right!

4. DRINKING CONFESSION SCENES. Who are not crying and moved by this scene?! Even SYJ pick this scene as her favourite. RJH is very introverted and doesn't often express his feelings, he had not even said I LOVE U to Seri. So this is very big surprise for Him to suddenly take the drinking moment as right time to tell his true feelings (even though they and we knew that YSR are not totally drunk at that time), so she will still remember what he said and he actually want her to remember. For me this cute, innocent but sad (due to their complicated situation) confession is more more romantic than a kiss or hug or any physical affection. :bawling:

5. SERI-LYING REJECTION IN GSJ HOUSE. I re-watching this scene for many times. Not because I'm happy that Seri being mean to RJH. But because how RJH knew Seri very well and not sincere with her words. He didn't put it into his heart rather understand right away and didn't want make Seri more suffer. The way he replied with: OK, I know it, but don't cry. OMG! My heart melted right away and tears cannot stop from my eyes. Oh God, can I have One RJH in my lonely life. Wkwkwkwk

6. RJH CONFESSION TO HIS FATHER. I love the fact that RJH's words are very dramatic: You know, I cannot breath while I went to house. (How can you live without breathing Captain Ri?! LOL!) and he will live as a hell if YSR was dead. Even YSR were surprised. And then His Mother said: Breath, Jeong Hyeok ah! And that touching scene ended by hilarious scene when RJH's father cannot witness anymore how mad in love his son with YSR :love::lol:

This forum truly really helped me in overcoming withdrawal syndrome and with the current news about HB-SYJ! 

• Like 10
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, superspace said:

Comrades, I hope this is OK for me to add my favourite scenes in CLOY.

I just realized on my previous post all scenes are only from the latest episode (14-16).

We should not forget all great scenes right!

4. DRINKING CONFESSION SCENES. Who are not crying and moved by this scene?! Even SYJ pick this scene as her favourite. RJH is very introverted and doesn't often express his feelings, he had not even said I LOVE U to Seri. So this is very big surprise for Him to suddenly take the drinking moment as right time to tell his true feelings (even though they and we knew that YSR are not totally drunk at that time), so she will still remember what he said and he actually want her to remember. For me this cute, innocent but sad (due to their complicated situation) confession is more more romantic than a kiss or hug or any physical affection. :bawling:

5. SERI-LYING REJECTION IN GSJ HOUSE. I re-watching this scene for many times. Not because I'm happy that Seri being mean to RJH. But because how RJH knew Seri very well and not sincere with her words. He didn't put it into his heart rather understand right away and didn't want make Seri more suffer. The way he replied with: OK, I know it, but don't cry. OMG! My heart melted right away and tears cannot stop from my eyes. Oh God, can I have One RJH in my lonely life. Wkwkwkwk

6. RJH CONFESSION TO HIS FATHER. I love the fact that RJH's words are very dramatic: You know, I cannot breath while I went to house. (How can you live without breathing Captain Ri?! LOL!) and he will live as a hell if YSR was dead. Even YSR were surprised. And then His Mother said: Breath, Jeong Hyeok ah! And that touching scene ended by hilarious scene when RJH's father cannot witness anymore how mad in love his son with YSR :love::lol:

This forum truly really helped me in overcoming withdrawal syndrome and with the current news about HB-SYJ! 

Omgosh I really, really enjoyed point 5 too. My heart melted and broke at the same time when RJH walked for miles when he had just recovered, to only hear Seri pushing him away.

And even then, he is one of a kind lead character, who didn't forcefully grab Seri by the wrist or forcefully pulled her into a hug. HE JUST SAID "I understand, but don't cry". MY HEART JUST... DROPPED.

Poor RJH just wanted to make sure that Seri was safe and okay.

• Like 5
  • Love 2