[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

8 minutes ago, J13 said:

In my mind, SR and JH end up living together in Switzerland with SR working remotely and occasionally visiting the office in SK and JH managing the piano program in Switzerland. They then have twins and live happily on that gorgeous mountain in Switzerland, growing beautiful flowers and enjoying picnics in the sun together as a family. The ducklings are also permitted to visit Switzerland through some other type of program SR/JH establish and so they get to meet the twins and be uncles to them. SR also collaborates with SD’s mum for some type of fashion project and the ahjummas end up working with SD’s mum so they in turn get to travel with SD’s mum when she visits Europe so they get to meet SR again too. This is my kind of ending :D

Yes!!!!! This is exactly season 2 that I have in my heart for me!!!!! I love your scenario!!!!

Oh, could you please add the two

granparents as well ;) I really want to see Grandpa Ri reaction while being tortured by the naughty grandtwins lol, he is deabak!!!!

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

34 minutes ago, L A said:

You've got a friend in me there comrade. My favorites are Sigriswil, Time of Junhyuk for Seri and Song For My Brother. I wrote a post somewhere that Time of Junghyuk for Seri represented the struggle and obstables the couple had to go through to be with each other. I think it was first played when Seri was with Sung Jun and then he suddenly became serious; he asked her to stay in the house and told her to be realistic that by hiding her, RJH was risking his life. At the same time Seo Dan was questioning RJH at the hospital but she couldn't stop him from go looking for SR. That scene gave me chills, partially due to the music.

I love this particular scene too. To me this scene is where everything begins, their love for each other and when SJ & SD would be together. It shows a parallel between two stories that are never destine to be together. Episode 8 is the best , I have so many feelings and cried so so so much in this episode and that music intensify those feelings.  :wub:

• Like 5

On 2/15/2020 at 10:23 AM, Samnamu-unnie said:

Hi comrades.

I intentionally didn't finish ep 14. I stopped watching it after Sang-ah reported RJH to the NIS officer. For the reason that I'd rather wait for ep 15 and 16 and watch them continuously from where I left off. I will resume watching when the last 2 episodes are out. I am hoping that all the loose ends will be tied as this series comes to a conclusion. CLOY is indeed well-written, superbly directed. Leads and supporting roles were awesome. If there is one thing I love the most about this series - that is how love is portrayed. Deep, sacrificial and unconditional. We will see more of it as it unfolds in the remaining episodes. Let's get ready with a roller-coaster of emotions, sad and riveting scenes and cliffhangers and of course an awesome happy ending. :)

Sorry for this long post! 

***Spoilers ahead for those who havent finished CLOY.

So I finished watching CLOY last Mon. I couldn't post my thoughts right away. Maybe because it made me thinking though the show is over.

I've never been so stressed out while watching a series until CLOY haha! It was almost all climactic events in the entire episode 15 and 16 if not to the lovable ducklings and funny NIS agents haha! I've never been so wrecked in watching OTPs until RJH and YSR. I don't normally cry while watching but HB and SYJ scenes really nailed it. Their scenes were like blow after blow to me I was ready to complain why are you guys doing this to me? Haha! I guess like many of you guys here, I just have to express myself, I can't stay silent heehee.

RJH was just like a child in distraught after hearing a dying person's last words. So i understand why RJH pointed the gun to his temple. It is because of all the pressure. he was thinking of saving the day by dying. But those words of CCG were lies. It was funny that he called YSR ill words everytime and wanted RJH to join him in his death, wait what are you really CCG ? A third party or something haha! Seriously, instead of repenting he rather widen the damage to his last breath. Very good performance of Oh Man-seok as RJH's archenemy. 

I was hoping for a reconciliation scene between YSR and her stepmom but maybe writer nim deemed it not necessary. I just wanted to hear what seri has to say to her stepmom. Appreciate that stepmom stayed by her side just as RJH hoped when he and mom in law (heehee) talked in a Cafe. Wait, I waited for the business card put in good use. He didn't call her, anyway, I loved that stepmom was rooting for RJH the whole time. 

SYJ looked really sick as YSR that's why her dramatic scenes were so heartbreaking. Oh the noble idiocy part.. Well, RJH was protecting everyone. I understand that. He wanted to take all the consequences. But why did he have to say that seeing YSR bothers him more than seeing his own life fall apart. That was like a dagger thrust to YSR's heart. But the agony, oh boy of RJH after that. I was tearing inside seeing RJH's eyelids turn red and cry.

Now about GSJ's death. I actually cried upon his scene at RJH's house with SD bidding his goodbye. Just the realization of GSJ leaving, when it dawned to SD, that was a heartbreaking scene too. I was hoping GSJ would start anew and become a better man like he hoped. But is it because there's not much time to develop his story with SD he got killed real quick. I was hoping for a reunion with SD abroad too. Besides, the kidnappers need GSJ alive because Se Hyeong and Sang ah needed him to bring down Seri. I just thought his part in the story was not yet developed and abruptly cut off. So it's not a Star-crossed love story for RiRi after all but for GSJ and SD. They didn't end up together. BTW, the begging-and-singing-children-in-the-market scene cuts to the heart.

The NIS rookie was so funny and cute. He seemed to admire RJH. Trying to find RJH's wrongdoing they found his beautiful character instead. The NIS rookie was very "by the book", he even had RJH'S behavior of being in love  analyzed. Hahaha! That was as clear as broad daylight.

I was glad chief Kim (NIS) became a shipper of RiRi couple haha! I was relieved he showed CCG's latest received email. It brought clarity to RJH. His father won't abandon him and he has a plan. Isn't it intriguing that RJH and his father almost had synonymous lying about Seri (persuading her to go to NK). If RJH didn't see that email, he might have agreed to be executed in the woods in exchange for his family's welfare and his men's lives. Because he was convinced of CCG's lies that his return to NK will have grave consequences to the people he loves whether in NK or SK. Military Director wanted to execute them right away because he knew that if they stand on trial he will be found out (conspiring with CCG/ treason). Dir. Ri knew military director is up to something and it was confirmed at a quick phone call scene. I loved how despite the absence of emotions, Dir. Ri's love for his son just exuded effortlessly. RJH'S scenes with his parents are one of the most tear jerker for me. When Dir. Ri suddenly showed up in the woods and gunned down the military director, a tear flowed in RJH's eyes. All his doubts about his father were washed away by his father's reckless love for him. Obviously, Dir. Ri liked Seri. Haha. He even asked about her. But I think he absolutely understand why RJH was like that to Seri because he himself was amused at her. I loved his dialogues with Seri before. Too cool and hilarious!

The exchange prisoners scene, Seri ran and cried hysterically that your heart will really go out for her. Son really justified her role. And HB, I didn't know he is that good in drama. CLOY must be his most shining moment in a Kdrama. When RJH answered Seri to wait and pray desperately because that is how one carries on. I remembered a scene where RJH, Seri and the ducklings were at an abandoned house in the outpost (demilitarized zone) before Seri cross border to SK. They talked about the mother who waited for his son to come back after the war. RJH said that waiting is the way for one to survive and live another day because of hope. Was it a foreshadowing also? If i will select a second title for this series it would be Hello, Love, Goodbye. Haha! So much goodbyes. But of course CLOY is still most suitable. She crash landed on him at the start and at the end of the story! Genius!

Sang-ah was pure evil but I detest Se-hyeong even more. No backbone whatsoever. Never taking responsibility and would always pass the buck to others. He looked respectable in the outside but totally rotten to the core. What a heartbreak he is to his parents. I was waiting for the patriarch to tear up somehow because of Seri or Se hyeong but he never did. He stayed collect the whole time. If there's one good thing I saw in Seri's hospitalization that is the healing and change that started in her family. Her stepmom finally responded to Seri's unrequited love for her. Her family (except the evil couple) were genuinely concerned about her ailing health. Her family supported her in the end like how normal families would do.

The scheduled text messages of RJH for a year was so sweet of him. A well-thought and well-meant gesture. He was more concerned of how Seri will adjust due to his absence. He loved her to bits. The walling moment of Seri at the kitchen was both heartbreaking and heart-warming. I appreciate that this series didn't have to resort to erotic scenes in order to show how much the two loved each other. The sacrificial things they did, how they cared for each other showed the profound and pure love they share.

I applaud how writer nim woven the end. It is the best route I think. YSR and JH met again in a neutral ground. Though I was a bit dissatisfied that RJH didn't directly answered YSR'S questions on how he got to Switzerland. But I am happy that he got discharged from the army and recoursed to his dream of being a world renowned pianist. Without any details, writer nim was able to make us audience speculate that RJH'S parents have something to do about it. Remember the conversation between SD's mom and RJH'S mom. RJH's mom couldn't agree more to what SD's mom said, they only live once. We never saw it but we know that the turning point was there - RJH didn't necessarily have to follow his father's footsteps.

In the end it is a happy LDR ending. I agree that they will have limited time together. They can't really be "together". But it was a decision that they resolved to stick to in order to hang on. Maybe there are indeed deleted scenes because of political reasons like the preggy picture of YSR with RJH. It is somewhat open ended. The writer lets us assume what happened next. Im actually assuming that crazy rich Seri bought the swiss house, that it is the OTP's house. They looked settled in, there are picture frames in the house with their moments together. I researched if foreigners can buy properties in Switzerland, for some exceptions apparently yes. Im even assuming that they are secretly married in Switzerland. Maybe because of political reasons the story couldn't delve further to those details. Besides, the finale+epilogue alone ran for 2 hours. If more scenes were added, i am not sure if that would be feasible. I was also expecting to see the twins but maybe those twins we saw in IG are real-life twins of someone in the cast or crew of CLOY. Maybe the kids of Chief Kim in real life. Heehee. CLOY, what have you done to us!

So there it is, my very long reaction to CLOY. I doubt that I'll be watching a kdrama again unless its the same OTP (i doubt they will be paired again any sooner). Hyun Bin and Son yejin were just too good together. Perfect pairing! They justified their roles so much. OST never fails to give the "feels". The supporting cast are awesome. So much love exuded from the scenes with the ducklings and Ahjummas. They're unforgettable, funny, witty and ridiculously adorable. I loved how the ahjummas stood up for MBs wife, how the ducklings are ready to cover and defend each other, how SDs mom loved her dearly etc. The story was well crafted, seamlessly woven together that it is undeniably one of the best. Personally, it is the best for me. This series even placed a burden in me for NK, a hope that this country will be reformed, that good things will happen to this country and that it will open up. 

I will definitely have saudade for CLOY. 

• Like 12
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Hachiko said:

Yes, exactly. Thank you for write down exactly the weird feelings that I always have while watching CLoY but can’t describe. I laugh and love everything of CLoY but can’t help feeling sad at the same time. The SAUDADE is so real, the separation and longing to meet eachother again are so real. In real life, many separated people of the Korean lived & died, & never can find or see their bro, sis, children, mom, dad... again as it has been almost 70 years! I still can’t imagine :(. 
I am very happy reading somewhere that NK defectors said they can sometimes contact their relative still living in NK through China connection, so at least there is still some hope there....

Very sad fate for the Korean people, I feel.

Glad we share the same thots! You put it so well, that despite the laughter and swoon factor while watching, there is also an inherent sadness. Each time SR-JH had to say good-bye, or when SR bid farewell to the ducklings, it's that same feeling of SAUDADE. What an apt word to describe the feeling. The writer really went deep and write with so much heart for this drama.

I've also read about the  many NK/ SK family members, parent/ children, spouses and friends who never met each other again before their death. I've also seen videos of family meeting at the DMZ, then they have to separate again after that - it was heart-breaking.

Yes, I believe that NK defectors are able to contact their relatives in NK now due to advance in technology - but it's still not that easy. Also saw video/article which says that NK families with defectors are actually held at high esteem nowadays! The defectors found ways to support their family back in NK, and also provide information of the outside world.

Check out this twitter which has a lot of insightful articles and videos about NK and NK defectors.

https://twitter.com/LibertyinNK

This video I found in the site about NK Millennials or The JANGMADANG GENERATION is super interesting & talks about how the young people are rising up and rebelling against the Kim regime via commerce and economic empowerment of The Jangmadang (the illegal market). It gives hope that the NK people will one day overcome the regime government and achieve liberty from tyranny. 

https://www.nkmillennials.com/

7 minutes ago, J13 said:

In my mind, SR and JH end up living together in Switzerland with SR working remotely and occasionally visiting the office in SK and JH managing the piano program in Switzerland. They then have twins and live happily on that gorgeous mountain in Switzerland, growing beautiful flowers and enjoying picnics in the sun together as a family. The ducklings are also permitted to visit Switzerland through some other type of program SR/JH establish and so they get to meet the twins and be uncles to them. SR also collaborates with SD’s mum for some type of fashion project and the ahjummas end up working with SD’s mum so they in turn get to travel with SD’s mum when she visits Europe so they get to meet SR again too. This is my kind of ending :D

Perfect Ending!! I'm gonna dream about this tonight - happy CLOY dreams!!

• Like 5
  • Love 4

It's so nice to see that even after the drama has ended this thread is still unstoppable :) I myself can't get over the fact that we won't have those w/ends to look f/ward too w/much enthusiasm! i'm sure most of us here, if not all are still suffering from WS but we can always re-watch CLOY that's the upside in all this! I guess we can still come here now & then for we became almost a CLOY family now, exchanging pleasantries and it's so nice to read all the thots/comments from fellow Tong-ji (comrades in hangeul)  here! I've said this before and I may sound like a broken record now but I think ep 16 didn't have much of our OTP in terms of airtime and intimate moments that I was anticipating, however, as long as it's a happy ending I guess that made up for it :)!!  Awww we miss them already :heart:!! Let's just hope that each of the cast (not to mention our OTP) will have their own project/s soon, even if CCG's character came out to be a villain, I did like him in other previous projects he had and I won't single him out :)

Here's another article from hancinema and not sure if one of you already posted it but as always, no harm :)

[HanCinema's News] Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin Offer Closing Comments for "Crash Landing on You"

By William Schwartz on 2020/02/17 at 18:42 PST

photo1154977.jpg

On February 17th tvN released final closing shots of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin on social media to cap off the conclusion of their high-performing drama "Crash Landing on You".

In addition to these still cuts, closing statements from these two performers have also been provided.

photo1154976.jpg

Hyun Bin said that he achieved unexpected happiness from meeting both his own character as well as Son Ye-jin's. He described the still shots as being a present to their fans. Hyun Bin thanked fans for their love and support of his character.

photo1154975.jpg

Son Ye-jin described her own role in "Crash Landing on You" as one that provoked many tears and smiles. She described "Crash Landing on You" as being an important part of her career and thanked those who loved the project. Son Ye-jin also stated that support from her fans allowed her to persevere.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, J13 said:

I can’t stop rewatching. It’s terribly sad that it’s over but upside is that I can just rewatch from start to end as many times as I like now :D

How breathtaking did SR look in that floral dress and how insanely handsome did JH look at the end when they were watching the piano recital together. Such an incredibly attractive couple. 

I’m still sad that we didn’t get more happy clips at the end and we didn’t get to see the twins so I’ve created my own ending :D

Need some fan fics!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Yes, I believe that NK defectors are able to contact their relatives in NK now due to advance in technology - but it's still not that easy. Also saw video/article which says that NK families with defectors are actually held at high esteem nowadays! The defectors found ways to support their family back in NK, and also provide information of the outside world.

Check out this twitter which has a lot of insightful articles and videos about NK and NK defectors.

https://twitter.com/LibertyinNK

This video I found in the site about NK Millennials or The JANGMADANG GENERATION is super interesting & talks about how the young people are rising up and rebelling against the Kim regime via commerce and economic empowerment of The Jangmadang (the illegal market). It gives hope that the NK people will one day overcome the regime government and achieve liberty from tyranny. 

https://www.nkmillennials.com/

OMG really, they are changing fast!!!! Thank you so much for the links I’ll go read them. 

My friends even think of taking a group tour to NK after CLoY lol. I think I am not that daring yet but it would be a lifetime one and only valuable experience if we can visit NK one day.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

TvN keeps posting clips and photos of CLOY on IG.How am I supposed to move on now..... My post drama depression is only getting worse... I don't even know how many times I have re watched CLOY from ep 1 - 16

Same same :(, that’s why I keep coming back to this thread and participating in the discussion. That’s the way to overcome this post-separation 6-month recovery period lol. Hugsssss.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

17 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

TvN keeps posting clips and photos of CLOY on IG.How am I supposed to move on now..... My post drama depression is only getting worse... I don't even know how many times I have re watched CLOY from ep 1 - 16

you're not alone, i'm rewatching some epis now & can't get enough of them! LOLs what have they done to us? hahaha:P this drama became a part of our living room now & it's not easy to let go! :) I wished i live in Korea so i can do some stalking on both SR & JH lols!!!:sweatingbullets:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Phoenix88 said:

Anybody here writes fanfiction on wattpad? Let me know I am eager to read the continuation of Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se Ri's love story in Switzerland their daily lives and also their growing family with the twins:love:

YASS...fanfiction writers... I need you guys...used to be one Grey's Anatomy writer and at one point I got 35k view (yes) but my ship went down and I lost interest in fanfiction....but now I need it to feel complete about our RJH-YSR couple.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, L A said:

YASS...fanfiction writers... I need you guys...used to be one Grey's Anatomy writer and at one point I got 35k view (yes) but my ship went down and I lost interest in fanfiction....but now I need it to feel complete about our RJH-YSR couple.

Please consider to restart with CLOY then ;) we can’t wait to read your CLOY fan fic!!!

• Like 3

@Phoenix88 @Dramanoona 

I have written a few fanfics for dramas from my own country, but have never encountered one for K-drama, so not sure if that's a common thing...

That said I have been itching to change a few things, given that i feel our OTP didn't get enough screen time and the fact that some holes in the narrative are too big for my small heart that loves JH and SR to bits... :) (No offense to writer-nim - CLOY will always be that drama that came close to perfection and I certainly wanted her to dot the Is and cross the Ts, which I'm unable to let go of. Fanfic is my way of resolving it for my troubled heart.)

I can DM you the link, if you can live with a less perfect one - I won't be able to spare time for extensive edits. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Interesting stats

[HanCinema's News] Rebroadcast of Already Aired "Crash Landing on You" Finale Hits 3% Ratings

miniminiphoto961625.jpg By William Schwartz on 2020/02/18 at 19:05 PST

photo1155423.jpg

According to TNMS, the February 9th broadcast of "Crash Landing on You" had reached over 21 million viewers in the period from February 9th to February 14th. This statistic included the original broadcast, the rebroadcast, TV Video On Demand services, and Internet broadcasts.

Source: https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-rebroadcast-of-already-aired-crash-landing-on-you-finale-hits-3percent-ratings-138825-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 5

On 2/17/2020 at 1:28 AM, alittlemei said:

Was there any mention of Seri’s family background or parents? She’s adopted right? 

and was there more mention about GSJ dad and how Seri family stole the company?

I have so many questions but I don’t see this closure. Did I miss it?

I was wondering this too! I know that the mother was not Seri’s real mother. She left her by the beach remember? I don’t think GSJ ever got revenge. I think he just told Seo Dan what happened. 

I’m back reading! I’m sorry for all the notifications! And I haven’t seen the ending yet! I’m still waiting to share my thoughts on it! Please wait for me!

• Like 2

The bts clips (on YouTube with english subs) are so much fun to watch! Supposedly HB is an introvert doesn't say much but he's pretty playful in the bts...maybe she brings it out in him? The scene of ring swap is hilarious he's so nervous keeps getting rings and fingers mixed up...you can tell he's never proposed lol. Then after they swap rings he jokingly says "let's be happy and pulls her towards the bed" funny to see that after the PG kiss scenes. Hospital bts also very funny. They're very comfortable yet at same time sometimes seems nervous like 2 people who are really into each other in early stage would be. Then the scene when he finds her in SK and they're hugging in the snow and snow keeps getting in her eyes they get so tickled. It appears to be beyond set humor...when you watch them in the bts it's almost like they are all alone and forget other people are even around

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 7
  • LOL 1