[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

27 minutes ago, ameliarizka7 said:

sigriswil - kim kyung hee 

i wondered about that too :) so thanks to @ameliarizka7 for that info!

BTW with the latest rating of what 20% something our HB must be happy with his wishes that came true! Let's hope to see both HB & SYJ again soon in another drama! I miss them already and the whole cast - the 4+1 squads, GSJ & Dan and the village women! Thank you writer-nim for making us truly happy with the ending!

WHERE ARE THE TWINS? :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Hyun_Bin_Boo said:

Did anyone else connect strongly with Sigriswil song at the end? I can't stop listening to it, the moment the beats hit after the english portion, my heart skips a beat and the zooming out visuals come to my mind and I break out into a huge smile.

The cinematography, concept, actors..everything is perfect right that moment! :heart:

yes I've been listening to this song non stop too! (but also im trying not to  listen too many times other wise I will get over it in a week and I dont want that to happen :rolleyes:) it's my favorite song and i had been patiently waiting for it to come out since like episode 8....I just love the intro song and the epiloque song so much....give me such a strange emotional feeling but also a sense of happiness.

@Chewy Hoe could you please share with me the posts you have about our writer? I've heard she has planned this RJH character for 10 years and I'm so intrigued to read about it! I was excited for weeks when they announced CLOY project not only because of HB and SYJ but also the summary of the storyline. NK-SK forbidden love. In addition, this is the most perfect drama I've ever seen with every character being logical and sensible and all (most) the loose ends are tied nicely.

• Like 5

Asianwiki has this rating:

2020-02-16 16 21.683% 23.249%

woah that means it's more than what HB wished for!

btw, i was just looking into old drama which i missed while it was airing called King2 Hearts and surprisingly The Rat or actor Kim young min was in it too with Ha ji won but i just started watching so not sure if he's gg to be just a cameo or whatever! I did like him in CLOY with his sad story and he was a very helpful addition to JH squad!

Kim_Young-Min-1971-pr1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Love 1

@ncly yes that's probably it they wanted him to have older more sophisticated look in final with swept back hair. I just think with his stature and build the plain simple manly look suits him.

@Jemrieyes I totally thought was going to be a tomato plant! But I guess the flowers from the homeland of their initial meeting place was fitting. 

Did you guys see the pic above of HB sitting on a bench with mountains in front... I mean I barely noticed the beautiful scenery too distracted by the back of his beautiful head and his sexy broad shoulders..my my my

Also for more SYJ entertainment I recently watched her drama Shark with KimNamGil  it's also very good

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 2/17/2020 at 2:46 AM, INeedAFan said:

Can anyone please explain the ending?
1. Did RJH move to Switzerland? For what purpose?
2. If yes, does it mean SR is traveling back and forth?

I don't think he moved to Switzerland. he no longer serve as an army but he is part of the National Orchestra Team. My guess is every now and then they will go to Switzerland to perform or he could be there for training/practice. IDK. But he did frequent Switzerland just like Seri too imo. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

Asianwiki has this rating:

2020-02-16 16 21.683% 23.249%

woah that means it's more than what HB wished for!

btw, i was just looking into old drama which i missed while it was airing called King2 Hearts and surprisingly The Rat or actor Kim young min was in it too with Ha ji won but i just started watching so not sure if he's gg to be just a cameo or whatever! I did like him in CLOY with his sad story and he was a very helpful addition to JH squad!

@hibiscus23, Sis! I haven't visited this thread since CLOY aired its last episode :ph34r: until I saw your post :heart:

Indeed, The Rat or Kim Young Min was a great addition to CLOY's family. It doesn't really matter whether you're a supporting or a lead cast, it's his superb acting that made people noticed him and sympathized for his character, Man Bok. From beginning to end, he was consistent ... I even cried for him:bawling: In general, Team CLOY and it's entire team deserve an standing ovation from us. Bravo! *insert slow clapping here  ....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ncly said:

Me T_T, it's on my repeat playlist for the morning and night before I go to sleep now. I'm addicted to IU's song, I feel so sad everytime I listen to it. It really would be a great and fitting song (haven't fully read the lyrics yet though) for the wedding scene (if there is any at all). 

You're not the only one, I love his flat and bowl hairstyle in CLOY. I actually prefer it over all of his other hairstyle in his previous works :)) The simplicity of that bowl cut hairstyle hairstyle just brings out his sharp facial features.

Though for the hair styled back, throughout CLOY I thought he looked good with that as well. It gave him a cosmopolitan look, which was very fitting for the scenes in SK. I think his hair in the final Switzerland scene made him look older too, which could be intentional by the hair stylist because it was 3 years after their final farewell in SK, so naturally he has to look older anyway.

He didn't send her text messages every single day. He only scheduled the messages to be sent once a month for that 1st year they were separated. His last text to her was sent on her birthday, Feb 2021. 

Our Villain, CCG aka actor Oh Man Seok, according to Son Ye Jin, is a hilarious man in real life. You'll see HB and YJ having alot of fun joking around with Oh Man Seok in the early BTS clips.

I love this character, he didn't appear alot but was one of those who strongly believed SR didn't die. Did anyone see his make up in the early episodes of CLOY though? The make-up artist intentionally put on his dark circles so dark that he looked like a panda for real. I thought the driving scene where SR offered him a job was really touching. 

OST

I've been listening ONLY to the CLOY OST these past weeks!! That's how addicted I am to the series and the songs. Listening to it just gives me the same feel of watching the drama.... I wish IU's song will come out soon in Spotify.

JH's hairstyle

His bowl hairstyle just makes him look more baby-ish and innocent-looking, which is how the character is supposed to be (according to HB's description).  It makes him face look a little "rounder" and his eyes also look brighter somehow. Whereas for the swept -up look, he looks sophisticated and his face looks longer, and maybe that's why looks a bit older.

Text messages

In one scene, SR was saying that she received JH's messages every few days. Which meant he really scheduled many, many messages for ONE YEAR!! It's just amazing, a little fantastical, but which female audience wouldn''t totally fall for this?! It just shows how much JH understands SR and that she will fall into depression when he's gone, and that was probably his biggest worry. I love how these text messages made all the SR-JH scenes so positive and upbeat post their separation, instead of sad and melancholic.

CCG @ Oh Man Seok

It seems he was apologising to the audience in the final episode BTS for torturing the OTP hahaha!!  I think he's probably a great person and sunbae in real life, which can be seen in all the BTS. Hope he won't be getting any "real hate" - he's just a great actor!

The insurance man & SR's assistant

I love how each character in the show was handled so lovingly and given the room to stand out. Love his character, and also SR's cute chubby assistant. He's a wonderful comic actor - he was also great in The Fiery Priest

1 hour ago, Annie12 said:

The bts picture with the red circle

It show some photos of the couple with a child if you zoom in. 

I wish we could see the family getting bigger.

It's just UNBELIEVABLE how much passion and interest the audience have on the OTP couple SR-JH! People are SO INVESTED in them, as if they are real people (probably influenced by SYJ-HB playing the OTP). Everyone wants SO MUCH that they have a happy ever ending, including far into the future, that they will have kids and a blissful family life, and grow old together.

I can't recall any other kdrama OTP in recent years that generates such passionate investment from audience! What do everyone thinks, esp those who have followed more kdramas.

1 hour ago, Helena said:

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383617wpp/watch-crash-landing-on-you-has-us-crying-one-last-time-in-final-behind-the-scenes-film

Watch: “Crash Landing On You” Has Us Crying One Last Time In Final Behind-The-Scenes Film

Feb 17, 2020
by K. Z

Son Ye Jin said, “Even though I know we’ve reached the end of ‘Crash Landing on You,’ I really thought this day would never come. Even though I think we’ll still be filming tomorrow, the end has finally come. I’m really grateful for all of the viewers who’ve given the show love. I think the viewers who have been supporting the ‘Two Ri’ couple are going to enjoy how their story comes to an end. I’ve given a lot of strength and gained a lot of support on this show, but I think I’ll try even harder moving forward. You’ll definitely see me in a new drama soon. To all of the viewers, please continue to support ‘Crash Landing on You’ to the very end. Thank you all so very much!”

Hyun Bin said, “We’ve finished after six months of filming. I’d like to sincerely thank all of the viewers who’ve shown us support during that time. I was able to work together with this incredible cast and crew, and it was a really memorable, enjoyable time. Once more, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of the viewers who’ve loved the show.”

CLOY is still getting so much media coverage even after it ends!! Another proof how popular and HOT CLOY is! It's really a big success not just in SK but also all over the world!! Twitter was going crazy over the finale and CLOY even ranked #1 on Worldwide trend, which is unheard of so far for kdramas!

Is SYJ going to be in a drama again soon?? WOW!!

It's also so funny how SYJ's good-bye speech is so long and emotional, and HB being the typical HB with his short and simple speech hahaha!!

• Like 5

On 2/16/2020 at 2:49 PM, hibiscus23 said:

that ost on ep 15 is that new? i can't recall if i heard that one from other epis? it's kinda nice too!

GSJ was impressive on this epi and i just hope he survives! he needs to protect Dan :)  He was very noble indeed!

Spoiler

cr: Dangermousie

cr: Crazy Over Dramas  (Pyu chi so was funny and stoic in his facial expressions) but deep down he also cares for SR :)

@hibiscus23, I'm so glad you posted this clip. Call me OA but it was this scene that my tears fell for this first time in Ep. 15. I was just holding back with Seri and RJH scenes (it wasn't easy though ... it's as if there's a big lump on my throat and it tortures me)

... on this particular scene, GSJ aka Alberto Gu was already burning his bridge in the name of his love with Dan. There's no turning back ...

• Like 4

Hi all,

Just asking for those that know how to speak Korean. Can someone share with me the actual pronunciation of when the F5 greet or speak to Captain Ri. I cannot seem to find online and google translate is not giving me what i want.

It sounds to me like 5 words ending with Dong-ji (i could be wrong sorry!)

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, I'm so glad you posted this clip. Call me OA but it was this scene that my tears fell for this first time in Ep. 15. I was just holding back with Seri and RJH scenes (it wasn't easy though ... it's as if there's a big lump on my throat and it tortures me)

... on this particular scene, GSJ aka Alberto Gu was already burning his bridge in the name of his love with Dan. There's no turning back ...

@thanie No i completely u/stand chingu, that's not being OA, we all hv diff ways of perceiving drama scenes and I agree w/you it's hard not to emote seeing those very touching moments of SR and JH, i get teary-eyed too and altho u hvnt seen (I think yet) ep 16 i'm sure you'll need some box of tissues :) as well!

That too with GSJ & Dan, I really felt sad for him & Dan, what an irony that his confession of love for her would end up that way, i still wished writer-nim didn't let GSJ charac die in this series :(

@Clemzstar which ep was that? ep 15 or 16? :)

@Icy00Swirl yes we were hoping those twins will be a part of the ending but who are those twins anyway just a photo-op i guess? :)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

28 minutes ago, Clemzstar said:

Hi all,

Just asking for those that know how to speak Korean. Can someone share with me the actual pronunciation of when the F5 greet or speak to Captain Ri. I cannot seem to find online and google translate is not giving me what i want.

Dongji is like dongmu, meaning comrades. In my language the word "comrade" is also sounded as" Dong chi"

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thanie said:

@hibiscus23, Sis! I haven't visited this thread since CLOY aired its last episode :ph34r: until I saw your post :heart:

Indeed, The Rat or Kim Young Min was a great addition to CLOY's family. It doesn't really matter whether you're a supporting or a lead cast, it's his superb acting that made people noticed him and sympathized for his character, Man Bok. From beginning to end, he was consistent ... I even cried for him:bawling: In general, Team CLOY and it's entire team deserve an standing ovation from us. Bravo! *insert slow clapping here  ....

@thanie Sis you always say nice things :):love: KYM is a good actor & so happy that writer-nim added him to be one of the squads of JH! He's a good actor and I hope we can see more of him and the 4 squads in another project! I know we all miss our OTP but am sure we feel the same way with the squads! The squads really added some spice to this drama!:lol:

2020012101001376200087041.jpg

BTS of her paragliding! 2nd time she landed on him :) lols

Spoiler

woah i love this photo of OTP swooon!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

Love the song but can’t listen to it because getting too emotional whenever I hear it - the thought of them as youngins meeting at the paragliding place (first part of song) and then them in all their glory zoomed out as we forever say goodbye to them (the upbeat part of the song) and then realizing that is the intro song to CLOY all along :tears:.  Same for the other OSTs!!

Your words are exactly how i feel..:bawling:

I don't know why people are comparing CLOY's highest avg rating of 21.7 pc with Goblin's peak rating in its last epi.Cloy's peak rating reached 24.1 for the last epi whereas for Goblin it was  20.5 .However if we look at national avg it is 21.7 for CLOY and for Goblin it is 18.7 .So the difference is quite clear that Cloy is the second drama in cable history to cross 20 pc avg mark for an episode.And I m so happy Cloy did it.Sorry if i hurt someone but I didn't like Goblin.Watched it last year due to its hype but was super bored and hardly managed to finish it.What kept me going on was the second leads' story.The bromance was good and there were many comical scenes.Still for me it was an avg kdrama.Couldn' t buy the leads' love story.There was no proper storyline of them to deal with.As someone said maybe their age difference or the lack of chemistry could be the reason.Regarding CLOY i don't think i should say something.It was such a masterpiece that i don't want to compare with amyone.These are my opinions only.We may have our different perspective for other dramas but here in this forum we all love CLOY dearly.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Breaking News!!!!!

I don't know if you guys ship BinJin couple but this is really breaking news. 

We can see his hand there very clearly.We can even see his clothes.It is found in the BTS scene video.In that ep, the characters are not still in love.And if they are not dating in real life, then why would they hold hands? 

And VAST deny that they are dating again.VAST said SYJ is holding her own hands.I think they are secretly dating.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Clemzstar said:

Hi all,

Spoiler

Dong-ji (pronounced TONG chi, letter D in hangeul is pronounced as letter T in english language and letter J pronounced as CHI) you may have heard them uttered:  TONG-ji which means COMRADE!!  i hope it helps :)

you think it sounded like that (in spoiler)? i'm not an expert on Korean language but am learning so i'm not sure but i looked up the meaning of don-ji and it means 'comrade"!!! :)

This scene with SR running to them before JH and squads were taken was very touching and i really welled up :cry:

they are both great actors! i wonder if tvN got awards like the other major networks in Korea like they have every end of the year? If so, these two are def contenders, when SYJ cries, you can't help but cry with her! Awesome actors! I'm just flabbergasted!

Spoiler

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Katelyn Lana said:

We can see his hand there very clearly.We can even see his clothes.It is found in the BTS scene video.In that ep, the characters are not still in love.And if they are not dating in real life, then why would they hold hands? 

And VAST deny that they are dating again.I think they are secretly dating.

To be honest, as much as I want them to date. That’s their personal issue. We, as viewers, shouldn’t touch that matter. Whether they are dating or not, that’s up to them. The agency has already denied it, so just leave it as it is. 

• Like 7
  • Love 2

How are we going to move on if TVN keeps on slowly releasing photos from time to time! :bawling:

Spoiler

I don't want to post this in the HBxYJ shipping thread since I don't want to kill the mood there. As much as I love HB and YJ being together and the thought of them dating or marrying makes me feel happy, I hope they get their personal space to just rest and be free from all the rumors.

It's good that their management company is helping them to deny the reports, but imagine them doing interviews post-CLOY now and they keep on being asked whether they are dating or what they think about the dating rumors. I would love for them to be recognized for their effort and the crew's hard work and the achievement CLOY is receiving so far, instead of peeking too much into their personal dating life.

Both HB and YJ have been in the industry long enough to understand how to deal with this on their own and they have upcoming projects to worry about anyway. I'll support them no matter what they decide to be, close friends or lovers, I'll wish them nothing but happiness. 

• Like 14
  • Love 7