[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

57 minutes ago, Chewy Hoe said:

my POV could be the direction or script that entails him to look jaded because he could only wait so long to finally get to be at peace with his gal. This is to show the realism of a long separation and he rightfully depicted that. In reality if a couple would have to wait these many years and soar mountains just to meet and only for a short span of time, wouldn’t anyone looked as bittersweet as he did? 

Yeah fair point. Also JH was always quite calm throughout the series and Seri always showed more emotions, similar to when he came to Seoul and found her. I think that scene was just a contrast to their emotional performances in the last few episodes and especially the DMZ goodbye scene.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, margerytka said:

Thank God!

"The actor [KIM JUNG HYUN] continued, “I have met new people and formed new relationships in every project, but this project is even more meaningful. Through the love [I received], I reflected on myself and found hope. To the viewers who accompanied us on the 16-episode journey, I would like to thank you for sharing your time with us.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383468wpp/crash-landing-on-you-main-cast-bids-farewell-to-drama-and-picks-favorite-scenes

Two good things for him.

First,  He has finished his army sevice in early 20s, so no army break to ruin his momentum  now. He played roles in small dramas but this drama is now his entry in big league officially. 

Second female lead and our kim soo hyun copy ( just kidding ) north korean soldier , both have also bagged lead roles

So a lead role is coming for him too.

Cloy's  success is as important for these actors who are not huge stars like our king and queen but such project open doors for these actors and i hope they get the best out of their career after cloy. Working with such big studio for this drama is new road of opportunities  for him now. With such massive success, he will get better offers. Happy for him 

• Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

I just wanted to thank everyone who kept us updated regarding CLOY. I'm gonna miss this drama! 

I have a question... Where in Switzerland did they film aside from Iseltwald? I'm going there in May and I wanted to visit all the places where they filmed it. Thank you in advance.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, sussieh said:

Ok. After rewatching the ending many times, I am more convinced that they are meeting many times in the year. Reasons why? All the things said by her assistant LOL: 

1- Saying that she is not Heidy to be keep returning to Switzerland. 

2- Telling his colleague that this time it has lasted for « a while »... So, this means she was traveling and meeting him a lot during the year! He won’t be saying it like that if this is only the second encounter after their reunion (they finally meet in Switzerland after 2 yrs from their heartbreaking goodbye scene, then they kept meeting). 

3- The Concert is held once a year and she has participated in that event officially as Seri’s Choice CEO two times (since 3 yrs passed in the epilogue). But those 2 visits are not the only ones, those wouldn’t make her assistant think about a long distance relationship and to think in preparing a press release in English LOL

Yes, to your #3 - the scene at the concert where he comes in late and sits down, looks like they've done this before and know what to expect.  Not their first time meeting at the concert.  I'm so happy for them that they finally get to be themselves and together.  Ah.

• Like 8

Comrades, I think I need help:tears::tears:

Am I the only here left who is still sad over the ending of CLOY? 

Just this morning, I cried thinking there will be no more new episodes. Why am being like this? Sepanx is really taking a toll on me. What to do? 

I will really miss our Riri couple being together onscreen. Why can't they just be together already? I think that will make me feel so much better. 

I think it's gonna take a while for me to move on from this great drama. Please tell I'm not alone. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1

@blue_fleurs Reading your response, I finally understood my own thoughts on what I'm missing from the finale - its the scenes where they are being themselves without holding back.

Given that there was always the nagging fact that she or he had to leave, they never got comfortable around each other. I would have appreciated even two more minutes of them being around each other in their swiss home... Sigh!

@milie501 You are not alone... This is first for me with a drama....

BTW, I cannot help but wonder how much HB and YJ must be missing playing their characters. Given that they wrapped up shooting more recently, i'm sure they might miss JH and SR as well.. I'm not a shipper at heart, so don't get me wrong, but these characters have such depth in them and the leads have to immerse themselves to play the role... their head is filled with the inner thoughts of JH and SR... 

But being that they are thorough professionals and they would have learned to move on more easily with experience. I certainly am not able to.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Deepakmahajan said:

Two good things for him.

Cloy's  success is as important for these actors who are not huge stars like our king and queen but such project open doors for these actors and i hope they get the best out of their career after cloy. Working with such big studio for this drama is new road of opportunities  for him now. With such massive success, he will get better offers. Happy for him 

Exactly. For the newcomers especially,  starring in such a big hit like CLOY is almost a guarantee for a bright future in the Korean Entertainment Industry. 

I follow the ducklings’ IG accounts and their IG followers have doubled since I checked their account and posted their follower count here around 2 weeks ago. 

Yoo Soo Bin/Jumok aka Hallyu expert - from 70k plus to 123k followers. 

lee Sin Young/ Gwang Bom aka Handsome duckling - from 230k to 330k followers.

Joon Sang /Eum Dong aka baby duckling - from 43k to almost 90k followers. 

If Kyung Won/Chi Soo aka Tsundere ducklingg opens an Ig account, I am sure it will blow up. In the wrap up party, the crowd outside the venue really screamed loudly for him. I really like that people appreciate his acting skills. He has become quite known now and he doesn’t need to look like the typical K Idol with multiple surgerIes (sorry I have to say thus!) His talent will take him to many places. I swear if I were a writer, I would have written so many good roles for him already. I will miss Chi Soo. Nobody bickers the way my Chi Soo does. LOL

29 minutes ago, milie501 said:

Comrades, I think I need help:tears::tears:

Am I the only here left who is still sad over the ending of CLOY? 

Just this morning, I cried thinking there will be no more new episodes. Why am being like this? Sepanx is really taking a toll on me. What to do? 

I will really miss our Riri couple being together onscreen. Why can't they just be together already? I think that will make me feel so much better. 

I think it's gonna take a while for me to move on from this great drama. Please tell I'm not alone. 

You are not alone. 

We have become so immersed in CLOY, its amazing characters, and the wonderful and thrilling world it has created. Now that it’s over, it is quite difficult to let go and move on. 

I was quite emotional at work today with a heavy feeling in my chest, felt like I lost something I will never have again, lost a time of my life I can never relive. Sounds dramatic but that’s what I feel.

The only thing KDrama related I am doing now is checking this forum. No more Kdramas for me for around 5 to 6 months except maybe Kingdom. Quite curious about Itaewon class but I need to grieve CLOY’s ending. Hehe so that will have to wait coz like Seri I have a condolence period of 6 months. Well, the truth is I need to hnd in my thesis in 6 months. Lol 

• Like 6
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Hmm... what can i say... nearly 2hrs episode...

1. So Hyun Bin really just drank water in afterparty in one of the pictures? Or was it soju... hehe

2. The Episode was long.... and some scenes were long... example, while Dan and SJ was talking in the ambulance, i was expecting SJ to wake up and said dont worry and ... he survive the gunshot... him being playful and all... but yes to make Dan alone in her life seemed sad in the end...

3. Yes, i dont understand the separation between Seri and JH in Switzerland. Theories of them meeting just for 2weeks and then leave again? Doesnt sound right. What would be interesting is if they could give JH a new identity so he can go bk to South Korea with Seri, would sound a better ending. But of coz Switzerland is not bad, just out of their beloved countries.

4. In reality, yes if seri had just run to the border just like that, she would have been shot... but drama being drama... :)

5. The 5 duckings referencing them to being special forces.. i doubt how special they are... hehhe no offense... gotta miss 'tomato cultivator's revenge against... what's his name? That should have had a proper ending...

6. Seri and JH's eyes throughout the last episode seemed tired... until the Swiss scenes which of course was shot earlier, hence more rested and less stress on the lower eye lids.

7. its funny that Seri's brothers do not have kids hence are only occupied by themselves... haha And 2nd bro had the gall to divorce the wife while in jail. 

8. Overall, great to look at the fan service pictures... never really see Hyun Bin act in other drama after MNIKSS and the World's Within but he has somewhat grown so manly and more matured and handsome ... :)

Until the next drama, thanks everyone!

• Like 3

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383567wpp/crash-landing-on-you-shares-sweet-behind-the-scenes-couple-shots-of-hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin

“Crash Landing On You” Shares Sweet Behind-The-Scenes Couple Shots Of Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin

Feb 17, 2020
by R. Jun

“Crash Landing On You” Shares Sweet Behind-The-Scenes Couple Shots Of Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin

February 17, tvN released behind-the-scenes photos of Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin from “Crash Landing on You” to ease fans’ withdrawal following the drama’s finale on February 16.

tvN captioned the photos, “Photos of Dooli Couple (Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin’s couple nickname) in the country where edelweiss blooms. Just seeing them will make you happy.”

Check out the photos below!

Meanwhile, “Crash Landing on You” set a new ratings record with its final episode, recording an average nationwide rating of 21.7 percent and a peak rating of 24.1 percent. The drama broke the record set previously by “Goblin” in 2017, which achieved a peak rating of 20.5 percent.

son-ye-jin-hyun-bin-crash-landing-on-you

Source (1)

• Like 3
  • Love 10

Day 2 post CLOY and dammit it's hard. Gah. The only consolation is that the emotional detachment gets better as time goes by.

41 minutes ago, emily_fling said:

Man in Love :love:

Those photos! And many others that show they're into each other. I refuse to accept that I am hallucinating things because it's too much. It's already more than acting. Something is there. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

I agree about the separation scene & words exchanged.... the lines were so well written.  Not a word wasted.  Straight to the point and straight to our hearts...

I loved it too!! The acting is top notch and we could literally feel the love when he shouted at her!! The worry on his face  ahhhh... the scene is like permanently etched in my mind :P

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Idk whats wrong with netizenbuzz.

This site seems to hate Crash landing on you so much.

I remember they only translate bad news about crash landing on you ever since it started. But the good one never got translated.

The Pilot comment who slander The premise and first episode.

Some sites choose to post only articles with negative comments, they are not the general consensus at all.  There are many positive reactions.

“Crash Landing On You” Child Actors Share Shots With Cast From Wrap Party

Feb 17, 2020
by J. K

Photos from the “Crash Landing on You” wrap party show the cast having a great time!

The popular tvN drama ended on February 16, and the cast marked the special moment by having a party together at a restaurant in the Yeouido district of Seoul.

04B88BDF-335F-44B5-9BC2-7A6C3154848C.png

Child actress Kim Tae Yeon, who played the younger version of Son Ye Jin’s character Yoon Se Ri, and child actor Oh Han Kyul, who played Kim Young Min‘s character Jung Man Bok’s son, both took to Instagram to share photos from the party.

Oh Han Kyul’s photos feature shots with the four lead actors (Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin, Seo Ji Hye, and Kim Jung Hyun) as well as many members of the supporting cast, including his drama “dad” Kim Young Min and Yang Kyung Won, Lee Shin Young, Yoo Soo Bin, Tang Jun Sang, Oh Man Seok, and Kim Jung Nan.

The Instagram post described Hyun Bin as a thoughtful, kind, and cool person with great manners, and it said that Oh Han Kyul was happy to film with Hyun Bin and it was an honor. It also said that Son Ye Jin was so lovely that Oh Han Kyul blushed while filming with her, and it described the experience as happy and unforgettable. Oh Han Kyul also got autographs from the actors!

Kim Tae Yeon also shared photos with many members of the cast, also including others such as Jang Hye Jin, Hwang Woo Seul Hye, Cha Chung Hwa, Jang So Yeon, Yoon Ji Min, and Bang Eun Jin. Her mother described Hyun Bin in the post as “the coolest actor in the world” and Son Ye Jin as “the actress that my daughter wanted to see the most.”

Are you missing “Crash Landing on You” already?

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383505wpp/crash-landing-on-you-child-actors-share-shots-with-cast-from-wrap-party

• Like 3

I will probably be outed for saying this after the whole "bowl cut" thing but after watching the ending idk I think I honestly like HB better with hair down. I mean he's HB so always gorgeous even on worst day impossible for him to he anything else. But with hair back just looks almost too pretty. I mean he's sexy but it kinda makes him look older imo and little more rigid. Especially last episode to me he looked different with hair back. I thought the last 2 episodes with hair down...@NIS interrogation and @hospital...yum he just looked straight up fine masculine rugged and more approachable.

Perfect to me would be him in last scene with that casual outfit on with hair down...OMG! It's borderline painful to look @him he's so good looking if that makes sense 

Like the clip of him on page 396 towards end where he looks like he's pondering something biting his thumb...that just wouldn't have same appeal with slicked back hair. He just looks so tough and manly!

I talk alot about his looks but honestly the story has alot of substance. Yes the circumstances surrounding their encounter may be unrealistic but their love is not. That is the kind of selfless unconditional love we should all strive for. Cloy was a near perfect drama with awesome supporting cast and lots of humor to lighten the mood as well. I absolutely loved how the writer made everything make sense in the end even tho some may be unrealistic. I loved all the epilogues and how they helped us with all our unanswered questions and bridged the gaps...no pun intended! Like how they let us know that he did in fact take pic of Seri on bridge..after all that time when we had forgotten about it we finally see the pic and get closure on that. So sweet also how RJH copied her book idea...even that I thought was an awesome touch for our benefit and for hers to let her know he had seen when she did that for him. I just found myself amazed the whole time by the writers foresight and thoroughness. You don't always get that in kdramas. I agree with others there's no need to compare or take away from this or any other drama...it is what it is....

22% of the popular vote:heart:

Edited by Dana T
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

I don’t know where to post this. So I’ll post my thoughts here.

Some knetz are raving that the only reason why CLOY is successful is because of the main leads, and that the storyline of Goblin was so much better.

This is by no means to compare CLOY and Goblin storyline for the first and foremost reason that I have not watched Goblin. But I just want to say that I might be the only one who does not like/want to watch Goblin because of the casting of the main leads. They just didn’t have that kind of chemistry that draw me in. Maybe it was because of the age difference? Or their looks were not compatible in my eyes? I am not sure.

Maybe CLOY storyline is much simpler than Goblin, but what important is that it touched me, made my heart flutter, and made me think a lot about “sacrifice”, “letting go” and “longing” when you love. I witnessed a budding love, gone through heaven and hell, blossoming into the most beautiful love that I’ll never forget. And personally, it is more relatable to me to watch a love between 2 human beings (though still fictional) than a love between a goblin and a human.

knetz are probably right that Goblin story is better, but I know 2 things which are right to me: CLOY will be number 1 for me for a very very long time after this, and that I have no intention to start watching Goblin again (tried and couldn’t go pass first ep).

• Like 8
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Kurniva86 said:

I don’t know where to post this. So I’ll post my thoughts here.

Some knetz are raving that the only reason why CLOY is successful is because of the main leads, and that the storyline of Goblin was so much better.

This is by no means to compare CLOY and Goblin storyline for the first and foremost reason that I have not watched Goblin. But I just want to say that I might be the only one who does not like/want to watch Goblin because of the casting of the main leads. They just didn’t have that kind of chemistry that draw me in. Maybe it was because of the age difference? Or their looks were not compatible in my eyes? I am not sure.

Maybe CLOY storyline is much simpler than Goblin, but what important is that it touched me, made my heart flutter, and made me think a lot about “sacrifice”, “letting go” and “longing” when you love. I witnessed a budding love, gone through heaven and hell, blossoming into the most beautiful love that I’ll never forget. And personally, it is more relatable to me to watch a love between 2 human beings (though still fictional) than a love between a goblin and a human.

knetz are probably right that Goblin story is better, but I know 2 things which are right to me: CLOY will be number 1 for me for a very very long time after this, and that I have no intention to start watching Goblin again (tried and couldn’t go pass first ep).

I totally agree with you. I don't know why there are some who would make such comparison. I myself haven't seen Goblin and it doesn't interest me as well because of the Goblin /human interaction (synopsis). CLOY's storyline is so much relatable and sparks interest from beginning to end. Strong acting from leads and all supporting cast that is why it made everyone glued at each episode because they are all so effective in portraying their roles.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2