Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20200217002700315?section=print

Last episode of 'Crash Landing On You' sets tvN's record high rating

10:16 February 17, 2020

A scene from "Crash Landing On You" provided by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

A scene from "Crash Landing On You" provided by tvN (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, Feb. 17 (Yonhap) -- The romantic comedy "Crash Landing On You" ended its two-month run Sunday with the highest viewership for the cable channel tvN's drama series.

The final episode of the series starring A-listers Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin marked 21.7 percent in nationwide viewership, according to data released Monday by Nielson Korea. 

It surpassed the 20.5 percent record set by the channel's 2016 hit series "Guardian: The Lonely and Great God" as the most-viewed tvN drama.

The 16-episode series tells a story about an heiress of a big-name fashion business in the South who crash lands in North Korea and meets a North Korean soldier after she is blown there by a windstorm while paragliding.

Despite controversy for depicting North Korea as a normal country, the on-screen chemistry of two of the country's hottest stars, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, helped the drama win rave reviews, especially from female fans.

brk@yna.co.kr
(END)

—————

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/02/688_283606.html

21.7%: 'Crash Landing on You' sets record for tvN drama

2020-02-17

By Dong Sun-hwa

Rom-com 'Crash Landing on You' ended on Sunday. Courtesy of tvN
Rom-com "Crash Landing on You" ended on Sunday. Courtesy of tvN

Rom-com “Crash Landing on You” has become the most sought-after drama on cable channel tvN. 

The last episode on Sunday garnered 21.7 percent viewership rating, according to Nielson Korea's data ― a record for tvN dramas since the channel's launch in 2006.

The soap opera, starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, dethroned 2016 hit series “Guardian: The Lonely and Great God,” which rated 20.5 percent. 

"Crash Landing on You" is a 16-episode love story of South Korean chaebol scion Yoon Se-ri (played by Son) and high-ranking North Korean officer Ri Jong-hyok (Hyun Bin). The two bump into each other in North Korea after a paraglider carrying Yoon makes an emergency landing.

Although producer Lee Jung-hyo explained that the most settings in his North Korea-themed work were closer to a fantasy than reality, many still blasted its depiction of the reclusive state. In January, the conservative Christian Liberty Party even filed a complaint with police against tvN, claiming that “Crash Landing on You” portrayed North Korean soldiers only in a “peaceful” way. 

“Crash Landing on You” will be replaced by the fantasy series “Hi Bye, Mama!” featuring actress Kim Tae-hee. The soap opera will premiere on Feb. 22. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

13 hours ago, L A said:

Guys now that the drama is offically over, I would love to have some contemplation moments with you:

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly? 
4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?
5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

6. What is your favorite song?

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

please share with me! I’d love to hear.

Can I answer with more than one answer? :)

1. What is the most hilarious scene of our leads that you love?

- When SR crash landed on JH and their antics as if playing game cat and mouse. JH was boasting that he knew the area so well yet he stepped on a mine while SR being the smart woman she is escaping every mine and jump into the fence thinking she cross the border to the SK, not into the village.

- Every times JH pouted and being jealous towards SR, when she gave her finger hearts to his soldiers, when she forced him to log out from game and made the computer into kids mode and when he was being jealous of her ex-bf missing her

- When JH showing off his scars to SR in every part of his body to make her forget about hers and swoop in for a kiss at the last. He was so enthusiastic showing it that it made me laugh.

2. What is the most romantic/beautiful scene of our leads?

- Scented candle scenes in the middle of the dark market. JH guides SR as her source of light in the middle of darkness. SR remembered about her past when she was abandon and become afraid but once she saw the light, she took a brave steps and that brought her to JH, the light for her darkness. 

- Campfire scenes in the middle of nowhere because the train has stopped. SR told him about her past self who wanted to die and JH shares his deepest feeling after he lost his brother. It's not easy to tell someone about what you fears the most but both open their heart to each other. Light from the fire and under the beautiful night sky full of stars :wub:

- JH’s drunk confession to SR who is not drunk at all. If he could, he wanted to stay by her side, marry her and have child who resembles her and grow old with her. For the first time he bares his feelings and tell her the future that he dream of. I teared up when I heard his confession.

3. What is the saddest scene of our leads that broke your heart so badly?

- When SR lies to JH that she wants him to let her go with SJ so that she can go back to SK. JH fought his way to pick her up despite still recovering from the gunshot. SR who realized the fact that JH won't be save once the higher ups knew about her presence in NK wanted him to be safe. She said harsh words that she didn't mean, and JH could see through that and just asked to stop crying. 

- When JH lies during the face to face interview. He say that it pains him to see her rather than thinking about his future life. I know he said this because SR looks so pale and holds in her pain while trying to convince JH to say the truth. In the end SR left, because his word hurt her and she can no longer hold in her pain. She doesn’t want to look weak in front of him and the moment she steps out, she crumbles and lost her consciousness. 

- The last farewell scene near the DMZ line surrounded with NK officers and SK NIS. I cried so much while watching the raw and subbed version. They desperately want to be together but can not because of they are from different country, separated by lines. 

4. What is the hottest scene from our leads ( if there’s any :joy:)?

The reunion kiss after SR's paragliding and landed in front of JH.

5.What is your favorite line from our leads?

JH in ep 2 "Fortune and misfortune is like a twisted ropes, so they come by turns. everything will be fine soon."

SR in ep 5 "Sometimes the wrong train takes you to the right station."

JH in ep 12 "Next year, the year after that and the year after that, everything will all be good, because I'll think about you. I'll be forever grateful that a woman like Yoon Se Ri were born. I'll be grateful that the person I love the most in the world is still alive. That's why your birthday will always be a good day."

SR in ep 15 "In order to meet you, I made a choice to relive all of those moments from the very beginning. Even if I could turn back the time, turning it back for 100 times, I would meet you again. I would get to know you and fall in love. I knew I would make a dangerous and sad choice. I was happy to make that choice, Ri Jung Hyuk-ssi"

6. What is your favorite song?

Crush Go To The World of Us and IU I give you my heart are in the top list of my favorite. Baek Ye Rin’s Again I’m here , Davichi’s Sunset and Yoon Mi Rae’s Flower come in the second. I personally think that the song Crush sang represents JH’s wishes and thoughts while IU’s song represents SR’s.

Spoiler

From Crush’s song, these lines I think represent JH's inner thoughts. The place where they can be together, in Swiss inside their beautiful home near the lake. 

You who like the wind pass me by
Take a break for a moment and look at me
Days like these can't last forever
When the sun sets I prayed to the moon
I wish that all the time to stop

Let's go to the world of two of us
Saying every word that we can't tell
You will leave me
But my love can reach you

In the deep place inside my heart, I keep seeing you
Even your little gesture makes me smile
As if I'm like other people

From IU’s song these lines I think represents SR's inner thoughts

More than any news
I am worriedly waiting for you
So that we don't miss each other
I'll be waiting here

Inside the pressed handwritten letter
I have put lots of my longing there
Once you come to me
I'll put it in your hand

For some reasons we meet
And we fall in love
For some reasons 
You have been together with me

Please whether on happy days
And on tiring days
I wish I can be by your side 
On those days

All the four seasons
And all of the twelve months together with you 
Everyday breathlessly
I'll be always loving you

7. What is the most hilarious scene from supporting casts?

- Every scenes with Pyo Chi Soo, Kim Joo Meok, Park Kwang Beom and Geum in Dong in it. Plus with Jung Man Bok when they are in SK

- SR and the neighborhood ajumma when they are drinking together and bad mouthing SD

- JH’s father gold reaction when he saw Two Ri’s couple being lovey dovey with each other in front if his own eyes

- NIS agents who are watching JH shooting hearts from his eyes whenever he is with SR

8. What is the most touching scene from supporting casts?

- SJ goes all out as a great sniper shooting at every thug that kidnap SD

- Neighborhood ajumma stand as one protecting and caring for their friends and family

- Reunion scenes of F5 with JH and SR in SK

9.  What detail gives you the most satisfaction?

JH who prepare any needs for his woman before he leave from the grocery shopping, recording his song with piano, his reply of her confession with book arrangement and his timed message to SR

10. What you wish you could have changed if you were the writer?

Giving SJ a second chance in life and make him a better person for himself and be a good man by SD’s side

----------

Ep 16. The finale. It is beautiful. The ending scene, the final epilogue everything is beautiful. It may not perfect but still it this is the best possible scenario for them to be together after all those hardships being chased by others’ greed (CK and SR’s evil 2nd brother). It is up to us the viewers about their next journey. The writer has opened the door that the two of them are happy and can spend time together in Swiss. About what will happen next, either about the twins or they can spend every 4 seasons and for the whole 12 months everyday together, it is all up to our imagination.

To HB and SYJ, I can’t help but awed with every performance of them in every episodes. Their lines and emotions are powerful, but I really amazed with how their eyes and gaze. Especially during the scene where they didn’t say anything but I can feel all of the emotions and the possible inner thoughts of their character by looking at their eyes. Sometimes JH and SR might be lying through their mouths and actions, but their eyes can’t hide the truth. Their chemistry is the best. Whatever will happen next in their real life, I will root for their happiness and success in life and love. 

PS: I really love them in this pictures bellow. Looks so perfect

Spoiler

style_5e4a427d92902.jpeg

0000261480_002_20200217201311421.jpg?typ

cr: naver

I want to thank the writer who had worked hard giving birth to this gold story in her script and for the directors and staffs to make the stories realistic and beautifully for me to enjoy. A big applause and appreciation for every actors and actresses, no matter how big or small their part, they played a big role in the story. I wish them luck and success for their life and next works.

For anyone who has found the behind the scenes for ep 15-16, please do tell or share me the link, I will try to translate it. I have yet to found it from tvn youtube channel. :huh:

• Like 13
  • Love 4

I'm crying watching the BTS.

Because it's mean really end, no more CLOY content, no more RJH-YSR and the others.

On the last episode last night the feeling wasn't kick in yet because I thought about still photos and bts, but with this,. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE:bawling: gonna miss them and their chemistry so much

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

Why didn’t they use the version where SYJ kissed HB for the house scene in Switzerland??!<_<

OHWHPQ4.jpg

• Like 18

Whoa congrats on the ratings CLOY team! The ratings went up from when I checked this morning. Very well deserved! Most viewed tvn show and the only one to go above 20% too, pretty awesome feat! 

• Like 3

I really thought the last scene RJH and  their baby will appear but nope it was flower , it must be so meaningful if it was their baby during the picnic scene :tears:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Site Admin said:

I really thought RJH wanted Seri to stop running because he feared that the NK side might think she is a hostile and might shoot her at will. Those people are trained to shoot whoever steps behind the enemy lines into North Korea. His decision to run across the demarcation over to Seri is to probably shield her body in case his comrades fires a gun on her.

This is also why the NIS agents moved closer and pointed their guns at the NK side to protect the couple. It was a very tense moment where very little movement may start a blood bath. Her current health condition only comes in second.

Same here...When I was watching this scene without subs, I knew he told her to stop coming his way but I was confused; Is he worried about her health or he feared of her crossing the line.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, im0202 said:

Why didn’t they use the version where SYJ kissed HB for the house scene in Switzerland??!<_<

I would’ve preferred a cute kiss on the cheek photo instead too :(

• Like 8

5 hours ago, wyen6 said:

Watched all their related swoon videos, interview videos for multiple times already RIP the replay button lol. Just hope they release the cut scenes where they got married in the end and YR got pregnant!! Screw the organisation who wants to sue CLOY due to political reason that they had to change the ending. 

Me too.I hope their personal motive of gaining free publicity in the name of patriotism goes down the drain.:triumph:.Hope they get a good lesson in their field for breaking the hearts of so many people throughout the world. There is a saying that u can't live peacefully by hurting other's feelings.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

There were obviously more scenes for the ending and they cut them. I think also one year passed and when Seri and JH met it was in the second year. Third year they are settled in and we see pictures of them put in the house so that means they spent time together already and made memories. 

I saw some people ask why JH couldnt find a way to see Seri sooner, well he is in the military, he cant just ask for a leave of absence. He had to finish his service, then found his replacement and then decided to start teaching the children piano lessons and he is so protective of Seri so i think he did everything in legal way to make sure she doesnt get into some trouble so he had to make things look okay.

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

Awww...look at them :wub:

I think they can't show the twins because they can't shoot in Switzerland again but at least they should include this scene...look at her, the would-be-mother glow is all over her face :wub:

EQ-mQ-yXUAAGIXt?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EQ-mQ-0WkAALgsX?format=jpg&name=large

EQ-pT1GUEAA6spB?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 10
  • Love 3

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383450wpp/ius-crash-landing-on-you-ost-becomes-2nd-song-of-2020-to-achieve-perfect-all-kill

IU’s “Crash Landing On You” OST Becomes 2nd Song Of 2020 To Achieve Perfect All-Kill

Feb 16, 2020
by J. Lim

IU’s “Crash Landing On You” OST Becomes 2nd Song Of 2020 To Achieve Perfect All-Kill

IU continues to soar on music charts!

“I Give You My Heart,” IU’s OST for tvN’s “Crash Landing on You” was released on February 15 and quickly rose to the top of realtime charts.

The song has now gone on to score a perfect all-kill as of 2:30 p.m. KST on February 17.

A song receives a certified all-kill when it is No. 1 on the daily and realtime charts of Melon, Genie, Bugs, and Soribada along with the realtime charts of Flo and iChart. A perfect all-kill is achieved when the song also becomes No. 1 on iChart’s weekly chart in addition to the criteria of a certified all-kill.

IU-11.jpg

“I Give You My Heart” is the second song to achieve a perfect all-kill in 2020 following Zico’s “Any Song.”

Congratulations to IU!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Few thoughts:

I think what's important about the ending is that the OTP both seem very happy even if they only see each other two weeks a year. Switzerland is so breathtaking. Don't forget in the whole drama they kept preparing to be separated forever so this is already a bonus for them. It was also a politically correct ending which was an important deciding factor I think.

I know they filmed the ending first and maybe that's why.. I don't know if it's just me but I feel the vibe is different and the reunion wasn't as emotional as expected. Like your last meeting was that emotional one at the demarcation line and when you meet 3 years later by chance... I thought it would be different. 

Maybe I am being too logical but with the SMS that were sent for a year. I thought your phone needs to be on to send a scheduled message? Does that mean his phone was on the whole year lol. 

Either way I can't believe it's over... Beautiful drama.

I think they didn't want anyone to defect so the ducklings chose to go back. Not sure how many people would do that in real life. It's really sad that a place like North Korea still exists.

• Like 11

On 2/3/2020 at 5:40 AM, luvette said:

Hi! Does anyone know the artist and title of the song that played at the end of episode 12 in the Switzerland scene? I've been scouring the web for it but to no avail. :( 

Thx so much in advance.

SIGRISWIL by KIM KYOUNG HEE

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Helena said:

Some sites choose to post only articles with negative comments, they are not the general consensus at all.
There are many positive reactions. 

[SPOILERS!!!][Crash Landing on You Roundup + Naver TV Comments] Episode 16 (finale)

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV): Son Ye Jin who appears in front of Hyun Bin & Company Five as they're about to cross the Military Demarcation Line #RealGoodbye

1. [+3336 / -9] Wow.... Son Ye Jin is so good at acting...

2. [+2647 / -6] No it's so sad ㅜㅜㅜ I'm going crazy ㅠㅠ Ri Jeong Hyuk yelling at Seri and them running towards each other ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+2324 / -7] In the midst of this, he said don't run ㅜㅜㅠㅠ I seriously exploded into tears from here ㅜㅠㅠㅠㅠ He's a dummy that only thinks of Seri ㅜㅠㅠ 

4. [+2185 / -9] Seeing this scene, it made me wonder how many families that were separated because of the Korean War was crying blood tears ㅠㅠㅠㅠ   

5. [+1767 / -3] Seri cries so sadly ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Jeong Hyuk is also heartbreaking ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

Original Source (tvN via Naver TV): [Epilogue #16] Kim Young Min finds the perfect job that matches his talent! #OneFineSpringDay #KimJiTae

(t/n: 'One Fine Spring Day' is a 2001 film where actor Yoo Ji Tae plays a sound engineer)

1. [+7159 / -93] I'm confident that I won't say anything if these two announce that they're actually dating in real life...
↪ [+1119 / -7] I can move past not saying anything and I'm confident that I'll support them... 
↪ [+785 / -6] I'm confident that I'll support them until the day I die..

2. [+5272 / -26] ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Seeing each other for two weeks in a year... How do they live...?
↪ [+557 / -2] A really intense long distance relationship

3. [+4175 / -38] Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, please film another drama together...

4. [+3586 / -23] I was really happy for the past two months, it was a really good drama, thank you

5. [+3489 / -21] Wow Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's beauty and acting skills did all the work in this drama   

@Helena   Yes, I noticed that too. In actual fact there were a LOT of positive comments. Besides the OTP, there were also a lot of comments and interest in the ducklings esp PCS and MB.

I was cracking my head on that MB scene, recording the sound of nature amongst the grass. Happy to finally find out which movie it is One Fine Spring Day (Yoo Ji Tae also co-starred with HB in The Swindlers). I've watched it long ago, but this scene is very iconic!!

The writer and director really made a LOT of references to popular movie/ drama scenes in CLOY!! It will be very interesting to gather all of them together into one article!!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1