[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

16 hours ago, Kristen Son said:

so if CLOY team doesn't get their reward vacation do they get another reward? I mean it's a shame they can't go on a reward vacation when they're so successful:cry: Maybe they can all go to Jeju Island or Busan?

in other kdramas with this magnitude of success, the production can be generous in sending them outside Korea e.g. Thailand and other exotic places, however, one might think that with the CORVI that plagues the world for that matter, they probably put it on hold, just a maybe! Needless to say, they truly deserved to be rewarded, all of them!!!

I came across this article fr hancinema and albeit CLOY came to an end it's good to hear of other actors' success bc of the drama.

From "Parasite" to "Crash Landing on You", Jang Hye-jin's Series of Successes

photo1155081.jpg

"Crash Landing on You" actress Jang Hye-jin made a speech.

On the final episode of the tvN drama "Crash Landing on You", Goo Seung-joon (Kim Jung-hyun) lost his life trying to save Seo Dan (Seo Ji-hye), and Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) and Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin) reunited in Switzerland.

Go Myeong-eun (Jang Hye-jin) comforted Seo Dan, who was refusing food and water due to sorrow, by saying, "We can all overcome this hardship together", and showed eagerness to help Seo Dan in her revenge.

Go Myeong-eun's love for her daughter stood out in the scene where she met Ri Jeong-hyeok's mother, Kim Yoon-hee (Jung Ae-ri), and talked about breaking off the wedding. She started by saying, "I am declaring the cancellation of this marriage because my Dan does not want it. She only gets one life and she would risk her life for love, so I have no other choice". It showed just how much she cared for Seo Dan and tried her best to maintain her daughter's pride.

Jang Hye-jin said through TN Entertainment, "The drama was possible thanks to everyone's love and support. I thank the writer who wrote the character with so much life, the director who created the drama with so much movement and the staff for all their hard work. Thank you, my co-stars who allowed me to do my best and have fun on the set. It was such an honor to be playing Go Myeong-eun".

Jang Hye-jin played the stubborn and strong-living poor citizen Choong-sook in "Parasite", which took home four Oscars this month, but in "Crash Landing on You" she played a fancy and affluent high-class member of Pyeongyang.

"Crash Landing on You" is directed by Lee Jeong-hyo, written by Park Ji-eun, and features Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Seo Ji-hye, Kim Jung-hyun, Kim Sun-young-III, Kim Jung-nan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/12/14~2020/02/16, Sat, Sun 21:00 on tvN.

"Parasite" is directed by Bong Joon-ho, and features Song Kang-ho, Lee Sun-kyun, Cho Yeo-jeong, Choi Wooshik, Park So-dam, Lee Jung-eun. Release date in Korea: 2020/02/26.

photo1155082.jpg

photo1155083.jpg

She's a good actress both in CLOY & Parasite - i actually didn't recognize her in Parasite bc compared to CLOY where she was well made up, in Parasite she wore hardly any make-up bc i think for her role in that movie!

• Like 6

For those interested more  about life in North Korea and haven't seen it before, here's Michael Palin trip to North Korea . The filming was done when Trump and Kim Jong Un were in Singapore last year. I agree with some people here, the NK part of CLOY is indeed more magical. The second part was more of a crime thriller , got a bit messy and there was less time for interaction between main couple.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Chemistry and ratings wise, CLOY is the drama to beat now.

I'm really happy for all the actors and the team behind the camera.

2 hours ago, nur_drama said:

As for coping with withdrawal, I decided to be inspired by what RJH and SR said and did prior and during their period of separation (I know they’re just characters but yes, I’m really sucked in deep). They’re pretty strong characters and it was amazing that they did all that they did during those few years despite the intensity of their grief and longing. They really put aside those thoughts to get themselves together for their lives amongst others, like a boss (pun intended). They had their moments, of course, but they really pulled through. I guess we can pray and wait for season 2 also right

I don't  mind if they'll go for season 2. There are ways on how they can do that because nothing really ended in Ep 16. I would love to if they can because I really want to see how they'll balance JH-SR family life in their situation plus I want to see more of the love story of GSJ and SD (it was indicated that he died but again they can find a reason for him to still be alive). 16 episodes actually is not enough given the complexity of the situation.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

38 minutes ago, ScarlettRose said:

Chemistry and ratings wise, CLOY is the drama to beat now.

I'm really happy for all the actors and the team behind the camera. 

I don't  mind if they'll go for season 2. There are ways on how they can do that because nothing really ended in Ep 16. I would love to if they can because I really want to see how they'll balance JH-SR family life in their situation plus I want to see more of the love story of GSJ and SD (it was indicated that he died but again they can find a reason for him to still be alive). 16 episodes actually is not enough given the complexity of the situation.

I actually think CLOY should be two seasons of 10 episodes just like some Western series. 

NK one season and SK one season. The cliffhanger for 1st season would be when Captain Ri appears in Seoul. But I understand it would be difficult for the main actors schedule and hurt the ratings.

Also why does KDrama need to keep showing flashback scenes, don't they trust viewer memory? The time wasted could be used for additional scenes.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, nur_drama said:

agree with what someone else said about our withdrawal symptoms from this drama being akin to the term saudade mentioned in the last episode - the recognition that something is absent and can no longer be had. 

As for coping with withdrawal, I decided to be inspired by what RJH and SR said and did prior and during their period of separation (I know they’re just characters but yes, I’m really sucked in deep). They’re pretty strong characters and it was amazing that they did all that they did during those few years despite the intensity of their grief and longing. They really put aside those thoughts to get themselves together for their lives amongst others, like a boss (pun intended). They had their moments, of course, but they really pulled through.

Love your thots and welcome to the forum!! 

Not sure if anyone has mention this, but as I read what @nur_drama said above about SAUDADE and also what the drama kept pointing to about "Keep waiting so that there is hope", I am once again amazed at the theme that the writer keeps returning to. She keeps coming back to the same theme,  which is SAUDADE and waiting with hope and longing, as fleshed out via the separation of RJH-SR, SR-Ahjummas, SR-ducklings, Ducklings-Seoul. In the end, I believe writer-nim is really trying to connect it to the separation between North and South Korea, and the longing that both have for each other, and the earnest desire to be reunited.

I really hope to read more about the writer's thots about CLOY and all the themes used. Gonna hunt for it, and hope to find it. Anyone who has any articles or interviews, even in Korean, do post the links here!!

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri first encounter each other at Switzerland 10 years ago at the time they met at the DMZ Ri Jeong Hyeok is 31. So we can assume that when they first encounter in Switzerland he is 21. i think Seri and Jeong Hyeok are the same age. Seo Dan took the camera on Jeong Hyeok's house when she visit with Gu Sung Jeon and she said she took it from there. At the time Seri and Jeong Hyeok separated at the DMZ he's 32 he celebrated his birthday while in custody of the NIS Feb 14 2020.  i assume because his first scheduled text message to Seri when he was gone is dated March 7 2020. They are Separated for about 3 years since the DMZ goodbye. And when they reunited at Switzerland he's 35 Years Old.

Thank you for this! I was confused about what SD said and it's clear now. I still dont want to rewatch it, so i asked here. :wub:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Not sure if anyone has mention this, but as I read what @nur_drama said above about SAUDADE and also what the drama kept pointing to about "Keep waiting so that there is hope", I am once again amazed at the theme that the writer keeps returning to. She keeps coming back to the same theme,  which is SAUDADE and waiting with hope and longing, as fleshed out via the separation of RJH-SR, SR-Ahjummas, SR-ducklings, Ducklings-Seoul. In the end, I believe writer-nim is really trying to connect it to the separation between North and South Korea, and the longing that both have for each other, and the earnest desire to be reunited.

I really hope to read more about the writer's thots about CLOY and all the themes used. Gonna hunt for it, and hope to find it. Anyone who has any articles or interviews, even in Korean, do post the links here!!

Yes, exactly. Thank you for write down exactly the weird feelings that I always have while watching CLoY but can’t describe. I laugh and love everything of CLoY but can’t help feeling sad at the same time. The SAUDADE is so real, the separation and longing to meet eachother again are so real. In real life, many separated people of the Korean lived & died, & never can find or see their bro, sis, children, mom, dad... again as it has been almost 70 years! I still can’t imagine :(. 
I am very happy reading somewhere that NK defectors said they can sometimes contact their relative still living in NK through China connection, so at least there is still some hope there....

Very sad fate for the Korean people, I feel.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, tenten0227 said:

In the video from around 8:16 to 8:20, were they taking photos/stills for the drama? I can't recall seeing similar images of them in those outfits, does anyone know?

They are taking photos to be photoshoped into their Swiss house. You can see some photo frames by the window when SL taking the flower vase to the balcony. I love how they pay attention into such details. There is a photo SR posted on her IG of this scene, there was no photo frames by the window when they filmed in Switzerland earlier. 

By photoshoping new photo frames, also publishing the stills that SR looks pregnant, the PD and writers are really trying to provide us materials to believe that they are happily married and having children and live happily ever after for sure, I think ;)

• Like 9

2 hours ago, nur_drama said:

I loved Sirgiswil on the OST, I had been waiting to hear it since the epilogue on Ep 12. Did anyone else love ‘Time of of JungHyuk for Seri’? I find it very inspiring, and reflects all their struggles. It was first played, I think, when SR was kidnapped and was also played when JH was crawling through the tunnel.

You've got a friend in me there comrade. My favorites are Sigriswil, Time of Junhyuk for Seri and Song For My Brother. I wrote a post somewhere that Time of Junghyuk for Seri represented the struggle and obstables the couple had to go through to be with each other. I think it was first played when Seri was with Sung Jun and then he suddenly became serious; he asked her to stay in the house and told her to be realistic that by hiding her, RJH was risking his life. At the same time Seo Dan was questioning RJH at the hospital but she couldn't stop him from go looking for SR. That scene gave me chills, partially due to the music.

• Like 10

The discussions here are moving so fast and yet I have not finished watching the final episode. I started episode 16 on the way to work in the train and stopped at the scene of NK and SK border. My, I had to control my teary eyes the whole time. 

I was sad when SJ died. It is a bad twist of fate for SD who had her fiance falling for another woman and just when she found the feeling of love from another man, he had to die. However, I do think it is realistic to have SJ die, especially he being a con man and evading the law, etc. It is sad because he really is not evil. Sigh. And may I add that I like SD's character look. She really pulled off as a rich (yet traditional) person. 

In the real life, what happens if a north Korean chooses to defect to the South? He loses contact with everyone back home? I really wonder if it was wise for the 5 of them to choose to go back. I understand the drama needs to be diplomatically correct but in reality, what should you think their choices are?

It was wonderful to see how SR's mom has come this far in the drama. She encouraged or actually insisted SR to chase after RJH to see him one last time. It would have been interesting if she was indeed the Division 11 spy that some of you speculated.

The aspect of this drama being a comedy was with the F4 + Man Bok + SR's employees + the insurance guy. And of course the NK ladies. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Hachiko said:

Yes, exactly. Thank you for write down exactly the weird feelings that I always have while watching CLoY but can’t describe. I laugh and love everything of CLoY but can’t help feeling sad at the same time. The SAUDADE is so real, the separation and longing to meet eachother again are so real. In real life, many separated people of the Korean lived & died, & never can find or see their bro, sis, children, mom, dad... again as it has been almost 70 years! I still can’t imagine :(. 
I am very happy reading somewhere that NK defectors said they can sometimes contact their relative still living in NK through China connection, so at least there is still some hope there....

Very sad fate for the Korean people, I feel.

The China connection is actually more logical and  plausible for a continuation of the main couple relationship. 

As someone mentioned in reddit, the Captain could be assigned to NK embassy and Se-ri would not have problem visiting China continuously for business. I guess the writer wanted to weave Switzerland into the ending for a more romantic and full circle ending.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, L A said:

BIG QUESTION: how come both RJH and SR were all about sharing a bed when he was in the hospital in NK, but they didn't even bother when they were in SK? Writernim, what happened to their sparks?

Cos the PD nim just happened to make SR house too big lol. I also try to find fact to convince myself abt the lack of their intimacy in SK. Then I came across the scene when JH taught SR to knock at her car to protect wild animals (and her too) during winter (I love that they love animals so much lol) then SR naturally repeated his action...then she suddenly realized. After that she asked JH to not do anything anymore to make her missing him too much when he left SK. JH’s face expression when he promised said it all to me why he tried to hold himself back so hard in SK :(

• Like 5

I can’t stop rewatching. It’s terribly sad that it’s over but upside is that I can just rewatch from start to end as many times as I like now :D

How breathtaking did SR look in that floral dress and how insanely handsome did JH look at the end when they were watching the piano recital together. Such an incredibly attractive couple. 

I’m still sad that we didn’t get more happy clips at the end and we didn’t get to see the twins so I’ve created my own ending :D

In my mind, SR and JH end up living together in Switzerland with SR working remotely and occasionally visiting the office in SK and JH managing the piano program in Switzerland. They then have twins and live happily on that gorgeous mountain in Switzerland, growing beautiful flowers and enjoying picnics in the sun together as a family. The ducklings are also permitted to visit Switzerland through some other type of program SR/JH establish and so they get to meet the twins and be uncles to them. SR also collaborates with SD’s mum for some type of fashion project and the ahjummas end up working with SD’s mum so they in turn get to travel with SD’s mum when she visits Europe so they get to meet SR again too. This is my kind of ending :D

• Like 6
  • Love 8