[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

12 minutes ago, sheeeeee said:

Anyway, got any pics?

Eh wait, I thought the physical album. Hehe

haha itunes :blush: every song comes with album cover too so i’m quite contented about it :love:

5 minutes ago, Chowchow said:

Still waiting for IU’s song on Spotify....

IU song is available on itunes already so i guess it should too on spotify! :grimace:

• Like 2

Thanks all for the insights and interesting review. Finally CLoY ended and is with a loud bang. Extremely happy for CLoY team!

I voted for the sweet ending in SK because I wished that would be the case. In actual fact, i’m almost certain that the ending would be in Switzerland (they met in Switzerland for a start and makes sense they met there again in the end). For me it’s a bittersweet ending. To think that JH and SR is only able to meet for 2 weeks in a year (that’s like 14 days out of 365 days saddens me..:bawling:). But of course for them this is already a bonus since theoretically speaking they won’t be meeting again ever in life (unless a reunification takes place which may not even happen in their life time). I guess this is the most perfect ending for the drama and i’m happy with this ending. 

I love love love the scene at the border. Again SYJ and HB did it perfectly. SR was crying while running towards JH :bawling::bawling::bawling: and also the farewell from the minions made me tear...

I especially like that JH remembers EVERYTHING that SR says. Is there a JH out there in this world??:joy:

The death of SJ puzzles me a lot, why would the writer kill him off..i would have expected to see him back to SK to testify against SR’s 2nd brother, get his punishment, and seek forgiveness from SR and goes back to NK and live happily ever after with SD. Perhaps their storyline is just too rush towards the end and there’s no time to show their story...In any case their story does not interest me (sorry to those who likes SJ and SD..) But i’m glad that the actor will probably get lots of attention because of the character’s death (he was trending at least)...

There’s alot of comparison between CLoY and Goblin. Am i the all the while wrong that CLoY and Goblin are different genres altogether? At least for me they are :joy: I would have thought that perhaps DotS and CLoY would have been more similar. I watched DotS because of the hype and high ratings, not for the storyline and the leads. For CLoY, i watched it for SYJ and HB and i have decided even before the drama airs that regardless of the storyline (even if it’s trash) it will be my favorite because of the leads. Turns out that the storyline is actually good and side characters are interesting as well).

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Wow... the forum is still moving fast and furious! I for one am not ready to let go of this show yet. I have to rewatch the last episode.

I suppose in general everyone is quite happy with the ending - it's sufficiently realistic enough, considering the actual circumstances of NK and SK relations up to today. I'm wondering though if it's only 2 weeks in a year. From what her PA said, it sounded like she actually went to Switzerland a little more often than just once a year. And of course, if we project into a "future" (assuming there can be one in the reel world), could they actually sustain such an arrangement, especially if both of them desired to start a family together? I reckon if that happened, there would be a scandal in SK since Seri is a public figure - everyone would be trying to figure out who she had the kids with. But seeing as how affluent she is, she wouldn't have problems raising the children for most parts on her own. 

• Like 5

There will always be some fans comparing when another drama surpasses their favourite in terms of ratings but also matches (if not surpasses) in terms of popularity. Goblin was a mega hit and it’s been a while since another drama created the same amount of buzz and also soared in terms of popularity, and it just so happened to be CLOY who did just that. Both are different genres but both had that really romantic storyline that hooks people in.

For myself, it took like 2 years after it aired to finally watch Goblin. I had heard all the praise and rage but just wasn’t that interested in watching. I also had attempted to watch it before but just couldn’t get hooked from the start. When I did watch, I really enjoyed it and could see where all the buzz came from but I haven’t actually rewatched it again. It was fantastic but it’s just not one of those dramas that I would constantly rewatch or replay my fav scenes. Just my taste I guess!

As for CLOY, it just has something really special about it and I was HOOKED from the moment it started. It could have been a hot mess given it touches on a sensitive topic but the way it was written and escalated was just drama gold. The chemistry between SYJ and HB is also just on a whole new level. The scenery and visuals were beautiful, the OSTs were lovely but what it did best in my opinion, aside from the epic love between SR and JH of course, was make me actually care and want to see more of its other main characters. The ducklings, the ahjummas, JH’s dad, SD’s mum etc. were all just perfect and added even more magic to a drama that would have thrived even with just the two leads. 

Anyways I can see why both had so much hype and I don’t think fans need to bring other fans down just because they like one more than the other. Whether you like one more or both equally or aren’t even interested in either, it’s your preference so just sit back and enjoy :)

• Like 7
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, sharluvsenergy said:

Credits to @bird._.silver on her IG story. I believe she is one of the camera people. :)

BOY, Hyun Bin looks so delectable here!!! I actually like him in the bowl cut more than the up-swept hair, though he looks really dashing with that. The fringe down actually makes him look younger.

Adding the still picture to go with the video:

37 minutes ago, usadango said:

Thanks all for the insights and interesting review. Finally CLoY ended and is with a loud bang. Extremely happy for CLoY team!

I voted for the sweet ending in SK because I wished that would be the case. In actual fact, i’m almost certain that the ending would be in Switzerland (they met in Switzerland for a start and makes sense they met there again in the end). 

There’s alot of comparison between CLoY and Goblin. Am i the all the while wrong that CLoY and Goblin are different genres altogether? At least for me they are :joy: I would have thought that perhaps DotS and CLoY would have been more similar. I watched DotS because of the hype and high ratings, not for the storyline and the leads. For CLoY, i watched it for SYJ and HB and i have decided even before the drama airs that regardless of the storyline (even if it’s trash) it will be my favorite because of the leads. Turns out that the storyline is actually good and side characters are interesting as well).

I was also guessing that was the reason why the SK Sweet Ending won in the poll - many voted with their hearts, not rationally LOL! I voted Switzerland cuz I was quite sure the writer is gonna do a full circle of where they meet to where they end up together. Also I love for them to be in Switzerland away from all the family and political concerns, whether in SK or NK.

Too much comparison between CLOY and Goblin, all because CLOY overtook Goblin in ratings. And the article comparing them doesn't help either. Still confused which ratings are correct cuz Wikipedia ACNielsen ratings show Reply 1988 higher than Goblin. I agree that these are 2 different genres and probably attracts different audience. Goblin is full-fledged fantasy whereas CLOY is romcom/ melo with a fantastical setting. Goblin has a few key characters that really attract and hold the audience attention, incl Goblin, Grim Reaper and Grim Reaper's girlfriend. Whereas CLOY, beside the OTP, there's this whole community of people in the NK village that you get suck into, as if you are living with them. Very different feels. Goblin makes me feel tensed and tragic, while CLOY makes me feel warm and sad mixed into one. Both are great dramas!

Just restarted my DOTS watch, but now it's stalled again cuz I gotta rewatch CLOY first hahaha!! I guess there's less comparison between DOTS and CLOY though they have more similarities vs CLOY-Goblin, cuz the media did not make that comparison plus DOTS was on Public TV and not cable.

1 hour ago, Helena said:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2020/02/17/hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin-are-crash-landing-on-you--read-more-httpslifestyleinquirern.html

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin ‍are crash-landing on you

Se-ri came to die in Switzerland, a country where euthanasia is legal and accepted. Jung-hyuk, on the other hand, was there to pursue a dream. They truly were opposites even before they became aware of each other’s existence.

Hyun Bin said, “I look forward to showing the viewers the beautiful scenery we were able to capture. My first shoot was in Switzerland. I remember being both nervous and excited to be there. Fortunately, I think we did a pretty good job and got the scenes we wanted,” he said.‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Shooting outside Seoul is still exciting for a seasoned actor like him. His last series, Memories of the Alhambra, was shot partly in Spain.

The viewers of Crash Landing on You are enamored with Hyun Bin’s character Jung-hyuk. His qualities would make any man next to him look bad. Like a true protagonist, he is handsome and a true gentleman. But what really sets him apart is the way he does household chores. He can make his own fresh noodles, roast coffee beans and improvise a bathtub.‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

When Se-ri complained that she can’t survive washing her hair with just soap, he purchased body wash, shampoo and conditioner from the black market for her.‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

He is a by-the-book soldier but he is a softie when it comes to Se-ri. Jung-hyuk does not think indulging a woman is a weakness.‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

“During the past few years, I played men who led a gritty life. I wanted to do a lighter and less serious role. I came upon this drama at just the right time,” he said. “The script was really fun. The lines, characters and the story were really well-written and fun, so I wanted to bring that to life.”

The sentiment was echoed by Son. She said that she loved the script from the start. She described it as intriguing.

“I really wanted to do it. I think it was destiny that I came upon this drama. The characters, the situations, and also the sadness and pain the characters suffer later on. This series conveys a variety of emotions, so it was an easy yes for me,” she said.‍‍‍‍‍‍While the two already denied real-life dating rumors, we wanted to know if Son thinks a man like Jung-hyuk is worth a possible heartbreak. She replied by talking about Jung-hyuk’s impact on her character’s life. She said that Se-ri’s birthright and success was her own undoing. She is spoiled and used to getting her way and it took a Jung-hyuk to change all that, according to Son.

“She feels things she’s never felt before. Through her attraction toward him, she changed as a person. For Se-ri, Jung-hyuk is her destiny and someone who completely changes her life. He’s worth more than a heartbreak,” she said.

Hyun Bin voiced his admiration for Son. He said that they worked on a project before but they were not able to do any scenes together. This made him very curious about her when they started working together. “Her professionalism as an actress is really great. We were able to work closely together. When we meet on set, she has already prepared for the scenes that we are about to do,” he said. “It challenged me to do better and learn a lot from her.”

It's really great to see foreign media starting to write and publish articles about CLOY! We have seen a lot from Soompi and also Philippines media, but in the last 1-2 weeks I've noticed that Bangkok Post and Jakarta Post have also started focusing on CLOY. The article above actually has extra content (as extracted above) vs what I've read so far (at least in English) and I enjoy what SYJ and HB said about their characters and experiences filming CLOY. Love how HB is so complimentary towards SYJ on her professionalism and acting skills - he's always shown her so much respect as a sunbae.

I also love reading how SYJ shared about the change of her SR character due to meeting with JH. Between SR and JH, SR went through more changes and character development. JH is like her strong tower and protector and he lived to make sure she is safe. Of course JH has changed to, or at least he has changed back to how he was when younger before his brother died. He learnt to care and love and live fully again. Sigh....this couple makes me nostalgic....

• Like 7

Shared by https://twitter.com/yej___ on twitter

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/02/18/cast-and-staff-members-of-crash-landing-on-you-reportedly-not-to-have-any-reward-vacation-331540

No reward vacation for our hardworking cast and crew due to coronavirus. Understandable. Sad, but it is what it is.

• Like 6
  • Sad 9

Did anyone else connect strongly with Sigriswil song at the end? I can't stop listening to it, the moment the beats hit after the english portion, my heart skips a beat and the zooming out visuals come to my mind and I break out into a huge smile.

The cinematography, concept, actors..everything is perfect right that moment! :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

still in disbelief that it has already ended :tears: 

CLOY is one heck of a drama and i don't think i could find another drama as perfect, heart-wrenching and beautifully written as this, with the ideal and stellar cast and equally stunning OST.

i'm so glad to have this thread to visit while having withdrawal symptoms. :(

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, marshemell0ws said:

Shared by https://twitter.com/yej___ on twitter

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/02/18/cast-and-staff-members-of-crash-landing-on-you-reportedly-not-to-have-any-reward-vacation-331540

No reward vacation for our hardworking cast and crew due to coronavirus. Understandable. Sad, but it is what it is.

Awww....that's too bad. Well I hope the management team will still think of another way to reward everyone, like extra bonus etc. so that they can go on a trip of their own in the future or just use it for themselves.

14 minutes ago, Hyun_Bin_Boo said:

Did anyone else connect strongly with Sigriswil song at the end? I can't stop listening to it, the moment the beats hit after the english portion, my heart skips a beat and the zooming out visuals come to my mind and I break out into a huge smile.

The cinematography, concept, actors..everything is perfect right that moment! :heart:

Me, me, me!! I love that song SO MUCH and love how it started soft and the music just builds up to a crescendo! I love watching the Intro scene of each episode and this song is stuck in my mind forever!!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

@NudgeI totally picked up on the dance in the office being very similar to SITR just wasn't sure if it was intentional or only dance she knows lol

@TotoroSYgreat minds think alike...u literally took the words out of my mouth as I posted same thing about his hair almost word for word a couple pages ago! Glad to know I wasn't only 1 in favor of "bowl cut" ...he may be the only man who can get away with that... he rocks it!

• Like 5

On 2/16/2020 at 10:46 AM, INeedAFan said:

Can anyone please explain the ending?
1. Did RJH move to Switzerland? For what purpose?
2. If yes, does it mean SR is traveling back and forth?

@INeedAFan I wondered too :) i think for one thing he's no longer serving as NK officer so that means he's pursuing his musical talent as in playing the piano!

I still wished there was a wedding scene :) or I may be asking too much LOLs

So how's comrades here doing in terms of withdrawal syndrome or WS? In my case I had to re-watch HB in My Lovely Sam Soon or My Name is Kim Sam Soon, he was handsome there already but he's more handsome these days:wub:

photo1154280.jpg

• Like 6
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, Helena said:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life/2020/02/17/hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin-are-crash-landing-on-you--read-more-httpslifestyleinquirern.html

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin ‍are crash-landing on you

RUTH L. NAVARRA

/  Mon, February 17, 2020  /  01:01 pm

INQUIRER.NET/ASIA NEWS NETWORK 
This article appeared on the Philippine Daily Inquirer newspaper website, which is a member of Asia News Network and a media partner of The Jakarta Post

The meeting of Hyun Bin’s and Son Ye-jin’s characters in Crash Landing on You is no accident. It’s serendipity.

The meeting of Hyun Bin’s and Son Ye-jin’s characters in Crash Landing on You is no accident. It’s serendipity.

Its well written article and how international news react to mega smash hit crash landing on you

when some said its not popular like goblin cause isnt causing frenzy over korea ,well it is.  its no 2 for rating in tv cable and no 1 in TVN

Switzerland location become tourist attraction to Kdrama fans.

Also its well known to chinese fans,thailand,phillipines and some south east asian country.

but i wonder why they didnt have vacation reward for the cast and crew ?

• Like 8

^ They aren't not having the reward vacation because of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) breakout. It's better to be safe. 

2 hours ago, Hyun_Bin_Boo said:

Me T_T, it's on my repeat playlist for the morning and night before I go to sleep now. I'm addicted to IU's song, I feel so sad every time I listen to it. It really would be a great and fitting song for the wedding scene (if there is any at all). 

5 hours ago, Dana T said:

I will probably be outed for saying this after the whole "bowl cut" thing but after watching the ending idk I think I honestly like HB better with hair down. I mean he's HB so always gorgeous even on worst day impossible for him to he anything else. But with hair back just looks almost too pretty. I mean he's sexy but it kinda makes him look older imo and little more rigid. Especially last episode to me he looked different with hair back. I thought the last 2 episodes with hair down...@NIS interrogation and @hospital...yum he just looked straight up fine masculine rugged and more approachable.

Perfect to me would be him in last scene with that casual outfit on with hair down...OMG! It's borderline painful to look @him he's so good looking if that makes sense 

You're not the only one, I love his flat and bowl hairstyle in CLOY. I actually prefer it over all of his other hairstyle in his previous works :)) The simplicity of that bowl cut hairstyle hairstyle just brings out his sharp facial features.

Though for the hair styled back, throughout CLOY I thought he looked good with that as well. It gave him a cosmopolitan look, which was very fitting for the scenes in SK. I think his hair in the final Switzerland scene made him look older too, which could be intentional by the hair stylist because it was 3 years after their final farewell in SK, so naturally he has to look older anyway.

On 2/17/2020 at 2:00 AM, Jemrie said:

PS: I thought the plant would be a tomato. Also, when did he get the time to write her a year’s worth of texts lol.

He didn't send her text messages every single day. He only scheduled the messages to be sent once a month for that 1st year they were separated. His last text to her was sent on her birthday, Feb 2021. 

Photos by the amazing Hyo Seon

Our Villain, CCG aka actor Oh Man Seok, according to Son Ye Jin, is a hilarious man in real life. You'll see HB and YJ having alot of fun joking around with Oh Man Seok in the early BTS clips.

I love this character, he didn't appear alot but was one of those who strongly believed SR didn't die. Did anyone see his make up in the early episodes of CLOY though? The make-up artist intentionally put on his dark circles so dark that he looked like a panda for real. I thought the driving scene where SR offered him a job was really touching. 

More BTS photos by the crew

• Like 14
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Hyun_Bin_Boo said:

Love the song but can’t listen to it because getting too emotional whenever I hear it - the thought of them as youngins meeting at the paragliding place (first part of song) and then them in all their glory zoomed out as we forever say goodbye to them (the upbeat part of the song) and then realizing that is the intro song to CLOY all along :tears:.  Same for the other OSTs!!

The report about the reward vacation had a line about the cast being busy with interviews and such - hope we’ll get something soon!

• Like 10

2 hours ago, marshemell0ws said:

The ring idea might have come afterwards. I heard in Switzerland, they were supposed to reunite and eventually settle in SK [?] where they get married and have twins. The marriage and twins scene was deleted. I think the marriage would have happened in SK because they said YSR was going to be in a hanbok (traditional korean clothes?). That's probably why no ring in Switzerland scenes.

Was there an article that said they were indeed meant to get married? Saw a photo of Seri with JH looking pregnant (I think she was in a lilac cardigan) while holding a bouquet. Was that meant to be from a scene that was deleted?

I reckon when you go paragliding you might not wear your ring... hahaha... 

• Like 4

https://www.soompi.com/article/1383617wpp/watch-crash-landing-on-you-has-us-crying-one-last-time-in-final-behind-the-scenes-film

Watch: “Crash Landing On You” Has Us Crying One Last Time In Final Behind-The-Scenes Film

Feb 17, 2020
by K. Z

E401-A753-6-C58-4689-A7-BD-A52-C6-CED5-D

With the hit tvN drama “Crash Landing on You” drama wrapping up its last episode on a high note, it’s only natural that the final behind-the-scenes film would leave us in tears, of both laughter and heartbreak.

The first behind-the-scenes footage shows the emotional farewell as Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) and Ri Jung Hyuk (Hyun Bin) are forced apart, followed by a tense scene where Yoon Se Ri is held at gunpoint. Son Ye Jin gets to show off her emotional acting skills all over as as Gu Seung Joon (Kim Jung Hyun) sustains a gunshot wound and Yoon Se Ri holds him in her arms while she weeps.

The next scene is decidedly more light-hearted as the director does a round of discussion with Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin as to how the reunion should go. When the director suggests Hyun Bin spin Son Ye Jin around once, he looks shocked, and says, “What did you say?” and mimes tossing Son Ye Jin down the mountain. She then insists that she can wrap her legs around Hyun Bin, who seems to struggle with the whole idea. After several hilarious mishaps, they’re finally able to finish the scene.

After several more outtakes, the cast of “Crash Landing on You” are then given the opportunity to say their thanks and farewells to the viewers who stuck by them through it all. Hilariously, Oh Man Seok, the actor behind villain Jo Chul Kang, apologized to fans for putting Yoon Se Ri and Ri Jung Hyuk through the ringer throughout the show.

Son Ye Jin said, “Even though I know we’ve reached the end of ‘Crash Landing on You,’ I really thought this day would never come. Even though I think we’ll still be filming tomorrow, the end has finally come. I’m really grateful for all of the viewers who’ve given the show love. I think the viewers who have been supporting the ‘Two Ri’ couple are going to enjoy how their story comes to an end. I’ve given a lot of strength and gained a lot of support on this show, but I think I’ll try even harder moving forward. You’ll definitely see me in a new drama soon. To all of the viewers, please continue to support ‘Crash Landing on You’ to the very end. Thank you all so very much!”

Hyun Bin said, “We’ve finished after six months of filming. I’d like to sincerely thank all of the viewers who’ve shown us support during that time. I was able to work together with this incredible cast and crew, and it was a really memorable, enjoyable time. Once more, thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of the viewers who’ve loved the show.”

Are you sad to see “Crash Landing on You” go? Watch the behind-the-scenes film below to get your last-minute fill of all of your favorite characters!

• Like 6
  • Love 1