[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

How much is the OST album. And does anyone know if they going to produce a director's cut DVD for this drama? i have been away from soompi for almost 2 weeks so I might lost some important info and i don't think i be able to backtrack based on how fast this thread is moving. 

• Like 2

On the same note as director's cut, any chance the script will be published? I don't know if that's the norm in the Kdrama world. A long time ago, someone on the soompi forum had gotten hold of the script for an older drama. That was a treasure trove of scene details and information on the mental and emotional state of the leads that served as cue to the actors to emote the scene. 

I would love for it to be released as well... 

• Like 3

Am i the only one who feels that the photo that SR framed is so heartbreaking? The only photo SR have with JH, besides the broad pacific shoulder his face was not in the picture :heartbreak: So if JH is gone she won’t even have a “proper” picture of him:bawling:

BTW when will IU’s song be released?

• Like 6
  • Sad 14

4 hours ago, charray said:

Can anyone remember the scene that JH had appeared wearing this suit? Is it during the trying out of suits scene? Or will it be in future scene not aired yet? 

If I don't remember wrong this was in episode 11 where JH and SR were in the elevator at her company, and they were talking about the supposedly 6-month no-boyfriend/girlfriend period. JH got jealous because before that SR's two employees were talking about her past boyfriends, and SR stopped his jealousy by saying that she won't be dating anymore and she (and him) already knows who her type is, which is JH. 

5 hours ago, Favnia said:

Guys, do we have the ost that was playing in the episode 5 ("I will protect you as long as I can see you" scene) and the epilogue of episode 13? I really want to listen to this song again...

If you're talking about the song in the extended scene of Episode 13, then it's Photo Of My Mind by Song Ga In

There are also two other version of this song: (1) The Hill of Yearning by April 2nd and (2) The Season Of Us by Nam Hye Sung and Park Sang Hee

Hope it's the one you're looking for!

17 minutes ago, usadango said:

Am i the only one who feels that the photo that SR framed is so heartbreaking? The only photo SR have with JH, besides the broad pacific shoulder his face was not in the picture :heartbreak: So if JH is gone she won’t even have a “proper” picture of him:bawling:

This makes me remember the scene where SR went to Pyeong Yang with JH to take photos for her passport, and at the end she said she wants to take a photo with JH to have a physical memory for keeping and he said there's no need for that. Then, at the hospital scene (after JH got shot) SR picked up his bloody jacket, her photo fell out from his jacket. He said there was no need for a photo together and yet secretly kept a photo of her for himself without letting her know. It was so bittersweet. 

• Like 8

I think Seo Dan's mom is Seri's mom. the way she said "Stop" then she said "what did you say?" "No" "What you said before that" mirrors the scene with RJH and Seri on the bike and she held up her hand "What did you say?" "no" "What did you say before that" and the way they randomly speak in English "North Korea?" 

plus Dan and Seri are really similar personality wise and looks wise. They could be twins or sisters.

• Insightful 5

1 hour ago, usadango said:

Dang, I just realized it. I haven’t really thought about it. You are correct. Apart from that picture, they haven’t taken any pictures together. 

• Like 13

7 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Dang, I just realized it. I haven’t really thought about it. You are correct. Apart from that picture, they haven’t taken any pictures together. 

Poor RJH and SR. If they have to be seperated ( very high chance), i think that it will take much longer than the planned 6-month post-break-up condolence period to get over each other. 

7 hours ago, alindahaw said:

CLOY has more depth in its story.  OST for DOTS is legendary though but i cant remember shedding a single tear for that drama.

7 hours ago, alindahaw said:

CLOY has more depth in its story.  OST for DOTS is legendary though but i cant remember shedding a single tear for that drama.

Agreed. I cried only once during DOTS when Captain Joo was thought to be lost in battle. CLOY on the other hands brought me to tears much more often.

CLOY's has more depth and more lessons to be learned from. The two leads have much better chemistry and balance in their relationship while in DOTS, it's more one-way i.e. the male lead ( Captain Yoo) did most of the job for their relationship. The connections of the two leads in CLOY are also more relatable, realistic and believable. Both RJH and YSR are strong and sassy characters.

in terms of symbolic meaning of patriotism and overall buzz, my impression is that DOTS ranks higher. Let's wait and see all the accodolences and media coverage that CLOY can get this year - I think we'll have a clearer idea. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, lavanta said:

I rewatched the drama all over again and i am convinced about my theory of "One Korea". There are two options: 1) JH is north Korean agent 2) JH is "One Korea/Shield" agent. 

1) If JH is North Korean agent it explains the ending of episode 14. NIS guy went Seri's father and told him that NIS contacted North Korean secret service to confirm CCK's identity. Who would they contact? In my opinion: RJH. Also when JH was leaving Seri's room to meet CCK at the end, he passed by NIS guy. It was highlighted with slow motion. After that both JH and NIS guy had their phones in their hand, i think JH called the NIS guy to inform him about his plan regarding CCK. (JH received SMS from his informant but it's not the only reason he had his phone on his hand in my opinion). Therefore he did not try to dodge the NIS team before meeting CCK. 

2) If JH was only a North Korean agent, it would create a problem. Although JH's side could claim his agenda was only to catch a NK criminal and protect a SK woman, he is still a NK agent operating in SK which is illegal. He would still have to be questioned and then send back to NK (most optimistic case). Therefore i think he belongs to this Shield/One Korea organisation that is above NIS and NK secret services and operates intelligence in both countries. In the scene where JH was crawling in the tunnel to SK, the male voice over was speaking in NK accent (i am not an expert though, it was a mild NK accent in my opinion, i might be wrong). He was the one gave JH instructions regarding CCK and the tunnel. The title of the page was One Korea 729. As we learned from the plate numbers 729 only belongs to very high officials. So apparently he was taking orders from one of the top officials. So until now, we may say JH is only NK agent but in the first OneKorea browser scene where JH got information regarding CCK's doings in SK, the voice over this time had SK accent (again, i might be wrong). Also the second time the recipient of JH's message was only indicated as Onekorea@onekorea.co.kr. So in order to be free from all the possible troubles and questioning from SK side, JH should not be only NK agent but something more bigger. Thats why i believe he is secret agent above all. 

There is "One Korea" campaign for re-unification, already. It involves all Koreans including Chinese Koreans, diaspora and so on. They focus on raising awareness of re-unification mostly through media and cultural events but here in this case, they might have a secret physical force too, why not?;) 

To be honest I want JH and Seri to be free from all the troubles related to politics by the end of this upcoming episode which is why i want believe JH is One Korea agent. Otherwise we would have to see JH questioned by NIS, Seri questioned by NIS (to hide elite NK soldiers and NK agent). It would take so much time. In the finale i want to see mundane family time for JH and Seri. I want them to have breakfast with their twins and while Seri nagging the twins about their food, I want twins to say "일없어" just like their father:wub:

P.S. I guess i can be considered an ahjumma too:) And i agree with you all that both CLOY and HB's pacific ocean wide shoulders are the most realistic, enjoyable and loveable depiction of military drama and character ever for me too:wub:

@lavanta

Love your insightful theory about, "One Korea".:wub:

No wonder JH looked so PROUD as well as relieved when he and SR entered the chix restaurant to see the ducklings and MB supporting & cheering for S Korea's football team. Under normal circumstances, it'll be treason for them back in N Korea.:w00t:

Love the way JH smiled with AMUSEMENT at the way the ducklings, MB & SR kept rejoicing over the S Korean victory! 

The highlight of that scene was when SR kept slapping JH's arm during an exciting moment of the match! (It was just like me whenever I support my football team!):heart:

@L A and the other ahjumma comrades here, you are making me feel OLD! :lol:

I'm a HALMUNI (grandma) with 2 adorable grandkids!:blush:

• Like 4
  • Love 7

My opinion is the same with you all.. CLOY can't compare to DOTS.. CLOY is much much better than DOTS.. HB suits to his role as Special Force of NK and SYJ suits to her role as YSR who is pretty, gorgeous and intelligent..

But unfortunately, they can't use the chance since they have SYJ and HB in their project.. the story is good, the actors are awesome, but lack of affections..

Since the actors are veteran actors and is not in teenage age.. and as i've seen the viewers are in adult age as well eventhough the drama genre maybe for 13+ but as we know the viewers mostly in adult age.. I think they can give us more affections.. 

If they think RJH character is an innocent man but i don't believe that an innocent man would be like that since he is age in 30s..

They missed to give us rhe moment when the affection acn show off when RJH give a ring to YSR and on the bridge..

Or maybe they want to show us that the affections are not needed much since the actors can execute their character and story very well.. of course they have HB and SYJ in their project!

But i think the affections are needed as well since this is a romcom who tell us about the love story between a man and a woman who want build their future life together through a marriage life..

This is just my opinion.. 

Do i count as ahjumma as well since I was born in the same year with SYJ and HB?

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I had to go watch MLKSS given all the conversation here. 

I'll reserve comments about the drama, but found it hilarious that a 2005 public TV channel drama had more skinship than a 2020 drama airing on a paid TV channel - like how?

But CLOY hasn't ended yet - so may be there is still hope!

• Like 6

7 hours ago, lavanta said:

He was the one gave JH instructions regarding CCK and the tunnel.

Great theory - I totally forgot about this fella who narrated the tunnel instructions.  I thought it was his Dad at the time (don't ask me why lol).  Who could this be and is he important?!  Hmm.

5 hours ago, kimeon_ said:

In the episode 15 preview (the early part), Se Ri looks like she is suffering from a worse pneumothorax. Oh dear, if that's the case, it's sad that Jeong Hyeok is not by her side during that crucial time.

Yes this was so sad in episode 15's preview - she was in so much pain! :tears:  Poor SR...

7 hours ago, Favnia said:

Guys, do we have the ost that was playing in the episode 5 ("I will protect you as long as I can see you" scene) and the epilogue of episode 13? I really want to listen to this song again...

I think someone answered this but I always associate the "as long as she is within my sight I promise to protect her" with the epilogue scene where he rode the motorcycle alongside the truck ... pretty sure it was the "Flower" OST.

13 hours ago, creativedistraction said:

Is it safe to say that CLoY is as popular as DotS now? :D

I have to be honest I loved DOTS so much, it made me want to be a better person (haha) and it really upped my K-beauty and K-fashion game (SHK's Laneige two tone lip bar anyone?)  The OST for DOTS was also fantastic.  BUT it never made me want to sign up for the forum, so CLOY is definitely the winner for me.  I don't want to sound  like a broken record but CLOY works so well because there's no side-stories that are too unrelated to the OTP/main plot and that's what I love about it.  DOTS had quite a bit of that which drove me insane.  Also I found myself crushing on SHK way more than SJK in DOTS whereas in CLOY, it is equal love for HB and SYJ (I must say they look so incredibly good together and so deserving of each other - I can't imagine anyone else for either of them </3)

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

I'm a HALMUNI (grandma) with 2 adorable grandkids!:blush:

I love how the drama really reunite us regardless the age ! 

@lavanta I love your theory! Really learnt too much things about NK.

Love how the director trying to describe the real NK is. At first, i really thought heyyyy is this the real NK? I just can’t believe country like NK still exist but then i watched some travel vlog about NK and wow THATS THE REAL NK! 

What i want to say, i really really love this drama. From the casts, the osts, the cinematography, every tiny details arghhhh everything! 

We really gonna have severe withdrawal once the drama ends! Sobs:bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 3