[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

17 hours ago, jamy47 said:

You dont have to take all these Kdrama characters seriously. Joo Won would totally be problematic in real life lol but i loved him. Hyun Bin made him so special and i know there are many of us out there who really enjoyed this Kdrama since it's a classic. If you saw who raised Joo Won, his family dynamics then you understand why he was the way he was but when it comes to his Gil Ra Im he loved her so much, it was not always clear with his dialogue because he was a loud mouth and a snub but in his actions you saw his love for her, and yes it was also an obsession but his love for her kept growing until he couldnt even be without her.  JH is definitely a better man than Joo Won but i love both, best Kdrama characters ever!

One more thing SEGA was aired on the free to air tv. And that drama is more fun more romance scenes hahaha and will be drawn over for that rich and poor stry. So everyone can watch young and old... 

Whereas for CLoY before it was air there was some controversial issues like why its NK the setting. This drama also air on cable channel pay tv channel. So not every household have a cable network. Knetz still not ready to give a chance or hesitant bcoz of its setting though the leads are exceedingly good in their field of acting. But anyways as the noise of this drama from their international fans keeps soaring, it gaves an awakening call for the locals... so thats it and they gradually fall in love and give their full support even then. The unwavering support from the locals and international fans has change the ratings amazingly as it keep soaring up high weekends every weekends. And now it become a phenomenal drama. The best of the best:star:... Can't wait for the last 2 remaining episodes. Fighting!!! 

Edited by Loveumore
  • Like 10
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

I havent finished watching ep 13. I cant figure out Seri's step mom. Is she on Seri's side or not?

I love the redemption of Seri's birthday. Earlier, Seri told her stepmom that she wishes to have not been born. She also felt sorry for breathing. Maybe, all her birthdays in the past had been so lonely.

Yet, what Jeong hyeok said served as a redemption - he is grateful that seri was born, he is thankful that the person he loves is still breathing. That her birthday will always be a good day. Captain Ri is so spot on!

Kudos to the creative writing and remarkable acting of our favorite couple :heart:.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

@JMarei I totally agree with you on the intimacy part. Don't get me wrong I'm loving them and loving the drama...everything about it. I understand the hesitation due to etiquette, circumstances, moral compass etc etc. I also agree that their genuine affection and admiration/respect for one another is very special and really is enough to drive the point home but just seems like with that material to work with and THOSE participants....why would you not want to show it visually. I mean I can totally feel the love even without the intimate scenes but with their chemistry and their God given natural attraction it just seems like it would be so natural. Like it almost feels more unnatural/fake to be THIS reserved! I mean as far as sexual tension there is far more of that going on in the BTS clips than the drama. IMO  just kinda seems like a waste but like I said I love them regardless and going to miss my weekly fix!

• Like 7
  • Love 3

In the scene where YSR's mum met RJH, she gave RJH her card. There must be a reason for this. The card will help when RJH goes back to NK. Also, while we know why her mum abandoned her, we still don't know why she was so depressed she wanted to commit suicide. And after YSR heard the recording, we have not had an emotional reconciliation scene yet.

I wonder if YSR's mum is the 50-something year old Division 11 spy that has been operating in South Korea. Perhaps she was depressed that reunification didn't seem likely. And somehow, she will sacrifice herself for YSR and RJH, and for one Korea during the village bloodbath. Then we will get the super emo scene where she tells YSR that she has always loved her, but couldn't show it, and asks RJH to take care of YSR for the rest of her life. This is a Kdrama - Somebody on the good side has to die. (Aside: I suspect Man-bok will be another one, as a way to atone for his sins.)

Agree with other writers that the OneKorea organization will be key to resolving the story. Reunification has been a theme in this series.

• Like 8

[HanCinema's News] Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin Continue to Top Nielsen Influencers List

miniminiphoto961625.jpg By William Schwartz on 2020/02/11 at 18:57 PST

photo1152503.jpg

The latest report from CJ ENM and Nielsen Korea once again shows "Crash Landing on You" stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in the top two positions.

The poll measuring relative influence was conducted over the first week of February and marks their second straight one on top. This new list is the second straight for the pair.

"Crash Landing on You" also naturally was ranked as the most influential drama. "Itaewon Class" was number two, "Stove League" was number three, and "Dr. Romantic 2" was number four. In the lower ranks of the list "Black Dog" was number five, "Diary of a Prosecutor" was number six, and "Tell Me What You Saw" was number seven.

Written by William Schwartz

Original article: https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin-continue-to-top-nielsen-influencers-list-138584-amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 7

OSEN | 2020. 02. 11. 4:00 PM
EXCLUSIVE

Idols blowing audience away with emotional OSTs

The original soundtrack is a crucial factor that lets viewers have an immersive experience when watching dramas. Just by coming across an OST, viewers will automatically recreate a scene they've watched in their heads. For this reason, a good OST will help a work leave a profound impression on its audiences. As recent time sees an increasing rise in the importance of OSTs, many idol singers with capable vocals have performed OSTs and continuously won high rankings on digital music charts. Below is the list of idols who have conquered the hearts of music lovers and small-screen audiences with wonderful OSTs early this new year.

6.jpg?type=e1920
7.jpg?type=e1920

#Kim Jae Hwan

Kim Jae Hwan was featured in the 5th OST of the Sat-Sun drama "Crash Landing on You" (tvN). "One Day" by Kim Jae Hwan is a ballad meshing deep piano melodies with emotional string sounds. The song fully expresses the sorrow of Ri Jeong Hyeok (Hyun Bin) and Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) when facing hopeless love. The passionate lyrics have portrayed their regret for each other and heightened the story's rising emotions.

With "One Day", Kim Jae Hwan not only shows off his top-notch singing prowess but also touches listeners' hearts with his deep feelings. Since the debut, Kim Jaw Hwan has taken various music challenges and grown stably as a soloist. Thanks to his mature vocals and sophisticated interpretation, Kim Jae Hwan has heightened the quality of this captivating ballad.

10.jpg?type=e1920

12.jpg?type=e1920

# Sejeong (gugudan)

Following Kim Jae Hwan, Sejeong is the next figure to have her name in the OST singer lineup of "Crash Landing on You" through the 8th OST "All Of My Days". This song takes the theme of love, revolving around the story that a girl wants to tell her lover like a monologue. "All Of My Days" has left a deep impression on listeners as it blends perfectly the intro featuring Sejeong's sad voice without accompaniment, the rich expressions of emotion that follow, gentle melodies, and affectionate lyrics. The song has touched TV viewers' hearts as it fully conveys the woeful emotions of the two protagonists.

OSEN = Reporter Ji Min Kyung /mk3244@osen.co.kr
Photo = Management agencies, CJ ENM, Naym Naym Entertainment, OSEN DB
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, jamy47 said:

You dont have to take all these Kdrama characters seriously. Joo Won would totally be problematic in real life lol but i loved him. Hyun Bin made him so special and i know there are many of us out there who really enjoyed this Kdrama since it's a classic. If you saw who raised Joo Won, his family dynamics then you understand why he was the way he was but when it comes to his Gil Ra Im he loved her so much, it was not always clear with his dialogue because he was a loud mouth and a snub but in his actions you saw his love for her, and yes it was also an obsession but his love for her kept growing until he couldnt even be without her.  JH is definitely a better man than Joo Won but i love both, best Kdrama characters ever!

Omg!! yass yas!! well said...couldn't agree more! I love both too!! :heart:

• Like 3

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 11. 8:16 PM

Supporting actors contributing to success of "Crash Landing on You"

page.jpg?type=e1920

No actor in ''Crash Landing on You'' can be overlooked

All the cast of "Crash Landing on You" (tvN) - the Sat-Sun drama that is setting a record of the fourth-highest ratings of tvN (currently ep 14) are all going viral.

The drama, which ends in two episodes, owns the highest viewership rating of 17.7% (Korean Nielsen standard). Given this momentum, the audience believed it is possible that the drama would reach the viewership rating of 20% in the last two episodes. tvN's drama with the highest rating is ''Goblin'' written by Kim Eun Sook with 20.5%.

The acting talent of the main cast Hyun Bin, Son Ye Jin and Seo Ji Hye is indeed impeccable. However, the supporting actors should not be ignored.

The most rising figure in "Crash Landing on You" is Yang Kyung Won. In the drama, he plays Pyo Chi Soo - Secret Service Sergeant Major of Platoon No.5 with a rough and scary look. This role is unlikeable due to hot-tempered personality, offensive talks and frequent fights with Son Ye Jin (as Yoon Se Ri). Despite often fighting, the two give deep affection to each other. In the inner heart, he is an affectionate and kind person. Since debuting in 2010, Yang Kyung Won has been active in the theater field when regularly appearing on the stage. Recently, he went to public thanks to the role of a soldier of the Wahan tribe in the drama "Arthdal Chronicles".

Many viewers did not recognize actress Jang Hye Jin (as Go Myung Eun) - Seo Ji Hye's mother (as Seo Dan). As the director of the largest department store in Pyongyang, she possesses modern thinking and aggressive personality. Jang Hye Jin repeatedly cracked viewers up when adding one or two non-English words while talking - the result of her hard work on this language. In particular, she is the wife of Song Kang Ho in the movie ''Parasite'' - the work that has just won the Best Picture award at the ''92nd Academy Awards'' ceremony. Different from the misery in this hit movie, Jang Hye Jin's "makeover" into a luxurious lady in ''Crash Landing On You'' caught the attention of the audience.

Yoo Soo Bin - North Korean soldier Kim Joo Meok who loves the famous drama "Stairway to Heaven" and the actress Choi Ji Woo, is really a treasure that the crew has found. Yoo Soo Bin is the one who looked at the emergency helicopter and screamed "Daddaddadda" in the movie "EXIT" - the movie attracting 9 million viewers in 2019. After being known through independent movies, Yoo Soo Bin started asserting his name when participating in TV series. In the next work, the actor is expected to collaborate with screenwriter Park Hye Ryeon. Because Yoo Soo Bin has fulfilled his military service, his future career path is wide open.

Any film featuring Kim Sun Young is a hit. After being recognized with the role of Go Kyung Pyo's mother in "Reply 1988", she played Ongsan Avengers in the drama "When the Camellia Blooms" (2019). This time, the actress brought fun to the drama as the village head Sataek. Notably, she has great chemistry with other female roles in successful works. Kim Sun Young became a scene-stealer in every footage she acts.

Lee Shin Young, a handsome North Korean soldier who resembles Kim Soo Hyun with a small and clear-cut face, quickly garnered the audience's attention since his first appearance. Acting in a drama for the first time, Lee Shin Young has become a "rookie monster" in 2020 when catching the eyes of representatives in the industry. Thanks to his prominent face, Lee Shin Young is still shining even if standing still. Right from the beginning, the production team of "Crash Landing on You" sought for a handsome man for the role of Park Kwang Beom and eventually, Lee Shin Young was chosen after the casting. The actor has become the "hidden card" added to the cast at the very end to the extent that he didn't have a full script reading.

Reporter Kim Jin Suk superjs@joongang.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive 
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/home

• Like 11
  • Love 7

10 hours ago, JMarei said:

I cannot possibly be the only one who thinks thatt Crash Landing On You needs to be a little less... chaste. They’re in their late thirties! I find it hard to believe that characters played by a man as hot as Hyun Bin and a woman as gorgeous as Son Ye Jin aren’t getting it on.

Absolutely!!! Especially those nights where there were only 2 of them in her house....:ph34r: Background aside, JH is a healthy hot blooded young man and SeRi dated many studs. I just find it hard to believe they only touch each other lips(I can’t even called it kissing)...<_<

• Like 4
  • LOL 9