[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, INeedAFan said:

The interview with one of the writers is out!
https://subin.kim/4464: Crash Landing on You: meet the defector writer behind stunning details on North Korea

Wow, thanks for this! What an interesting read, both the article and also the detailed FAQ. I find the writer's background especially fascinating. The fact that he actually served in the Supreme Guard Command (like bodyguard for the ruling Kim family) makes all the NK spy/ Div 11/ political play part of the script very believable.

The defector writer behind the scenes 

Kwak Moon-wan, who defected from North Korea more than a decade ago, was the one who midwifed the storyline. 

Unlike the other defectors who offered some consultations in the production, he joined the team of writers led by Park Ji-eun from the beginning, who is best known for the global K-drama sensation My Love from the Star.  

Among more than thirty thousand defectors living in the South, no one could do the job better than Kwak. Born and raised in Pyongyang, he graduated Pyongyang University and Cinematic Arts, majoring in film directing before having served in the Supreme Guard Command.  

As a member of the elite force in charge of ruling Kim family’s protection, Kwak witnessed what happens behind the shroud. It also led to his descent.   

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@INeedAFan woah thx for sharing that link, it was very interesting indeed to read another writer contributed to CLOY story and who better to give some analogy than someone who defected to the South a decade ago! Now we know this writer Mr Kwak contributed to some of the realities he'd experienced living in the North! What a great concept that he sorta mid-wifed this drama aside fr writer-nim!

Just stumbled upon this article fr hancinema and it's amazing how CLOY are still being watched by viewers which earned another 3%! We're so happy for them!

[HanCinema's News] Rebroadcast of Already Aired "Crash Landing on You" Finale Hits 3% Ratings

photo1155423.jpg

Following news that "Crash Landing on You" has exceeded previous tvN hits like "Goblin" and "Answer Me 1988" as the most popular drama for the network, the drama's popularity has persisted even past the final episode.

According to the rating tracking compant TNMS (Total National Multimedia Statistics), the final episode of "Crash Landing on You" accounted for 3% of requested videos via on-demand services on February 17th, outperforming all other available programming.

These numbers will provide a further boost to ratings that had already hit major milestones in previous weeks. According to TNMS, the February 9th broadcast of "Crash Landing on You" had reached over 21 million viewers in the period from February 9th to February 14th. This statistic included the original broadcast, the rebroadcast, TV Video On Demand services, and Internet broadcasts.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

https://www.cosmo.ph//entertainment/best-crash-landing-on-you-quotes-a989-20200218-lfrm

8 Of The Best 'Crash Landing On You' Quotes That Will Stay In Our Hearts Forever

There were too many to choose from!

by KAREN PANGAN | A day ago

633F34CB-CE54-4583-9727-EBEE75086E5E.jpg

PHOTO: NETFLIX

WARNING: *Major* spoilers ahead for Crash Landing On You! Don't read if you haven't seen the latest episode yet!

Crash Landing On You just wrapped up and we're still breathless over how GOOD its ending is. The plot, which follows the Romeo and Juliet-esque love story between South Korean heiress Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye Jin) and North Korean captain Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin), has taken over K-Dramaland by storm (or should we say tornado?) and for good reason: The casting is great, the writing is awesome, and the quotes are so memorable! 

Since we're all still nursing a hangover from the drama's finale, there's no better time to look back on some of the best lines in CLOY. A little warning, some of these quotes can spoil you, so better bookmark this for next time if you haven't finished watching it yet!

1.  "Sometimes the wrong train takes you to the right direction. It was like that for me, too. Throughout my life, I always felt like I was on the wrong train. One time, I wanted to give up. I didn't want to go anywhere. So I thought of jumping off the train. Look where I am now. I took the wrong train again, and a very wrong one at that. Still, you should think about the future, even if things don't go as you wish. I hope you arrive at the right station, no matter which train you take." —Se-ri, Episode 5

Not everyone can manage getting swept into unknown lands without breaking down, but our favorite girl Se-ri does this with grace. Sure, there were moments when she felt hopeless, but she kept herself together and never stopped fighting her way.

2.  "I have only been loving myself and hating myself and I have only been protecting myself and abandoning myself. All I had was myself, I didn't have anybody else, so this is awkward for me, having someone else that isn't myself. All along, I had you by my side. Usually, I don't get scared, but now I'm a bit scared. I'm scared something might happen to you. Does this mean you have become a special person for me?" —Se-ri, Episode 7

One of the greatest things about the drama is how human its characters are. This is something you get to see in Se-ri the most with how she handles things. Yes, she isn't perfect and you could see how her background has made her develop coping mechanisms that are not exactly healthy, but in a time when you're always exposed to too-good-to-be-true characters, you need an inspirational figure like her who makes mistakes and come out a better person from them. Oh, and the way she welcomed that change within her by opening herself up to care for someone else? That's character development, y'all.

3.  "I don't want to constantly look back on this day and be regretful in the future, that's why. I could've protected her if I'd been faster. I could have saved her if I'd done a better job. I don't want to be thinking like that. You know how miserable it is to live a life like that. On my way back home, I couldn't even breathe. I was worried I might have put her in trouble. If something happens to her, I'll be living in hell until the day I die." —Captain Ri, Episode 9

Se-ri wasn't the only one dealing with her own ghosts. This drama sets you up to think there is nothing that can shake Captain Ri, so this moment when he stands up for someone else and allows his vulnerability to shine is so beautiful and heart-wrenching.

4.  "You're waiting for someone, but even you think that you're pathetic. That's not love. It's an obsession. The love you once had has changed and is now rotting. You should throw it away." —Seung-joon, Episode 10

Here's our favorite second lead serving the perfect nugget of advice to Seo Dan (Seo Ji Hye), aka those of us who've felt ourselves slip away because of our "love" for someone. Seung-joon (Kim Jung Hyun) is by no means a perfect person in this drama, but if there's anything you can't discredit him for, it's knowing how to walk away from a relationship that no longer serves you.

5.  "I wonder which one is love. Hoping that you're worrying about me like I am for you and wishing that you're pining for me like I do for you. Is this love? Or on the other hand, is it wishing that you won't be worried about me, that you'll forget about me and all the moments we've shared? Is that love? If it's neither, is it love that I'm willing to go through everything from the very beginning just so I can meet you once again?" —Se-ri, Episode 10

What makes CLOY so different from run-of-the-mill dramas is it slaps you—sometimes harshly—with the realities of falling in love. It's normal to feel selfish about your feelings and wanting that love to be reciprocated, but Se-ri shows how loving someone can also be by wishing the opposite so that the person she cares for doesn't suffer.

6.  "Even if I have to worry about losing you every day, I want to have you in my life. Even if it breaks my heart because it's a dream that can't come true, I'd like to sincerely dream of the future." —Captain Ri, Episode 14

From being someone who had an innate fear of getting attached to people, this line lets you see just how much Captain Ri has matured emotionally. He knows that the chances between him and Se-ri being together are low, but still he was willing to risk his heart just so he could at least hope for the best for the two of them. In all relationships, you always have equal chances of losing and gaining something, and hearing him say this is proof of just how much he cares for her.

7.  "At the end of that long dream, I finally made a choice. That even if I go back in the past, even if I do for a hundred more times, I will still choose to meet you." —Se-ri, Episode 15

Who didn't bawl their eyes out upon hearing this line? Se-ri saying this despite everything is, for us, the purest and most honest form you can acknowledge your feelings for another person. No relationship can ever be considered perfect and you can know that you are truly invested if you're willing to accept even the not-so-beautiful parts of it.

8. "I got on the wrong train, and that very train brought me here. It brought me to the place I've yearned to come every morning and night. It brought me to my destination." —Captain Ri, Episode 16

We don't know about you, but we don't think there's any better way to close this show than hearing Captain Ri say this. The story started with Se-ri boarding the "wrong train" and him being too scared to get on one, so to speak, and yet we see them go full circle by embracing what fate has brought them unexpectedly. We all can learn something from this—that sometimes, getting lost is exactly what can help us find something bigger than our fears and doubts.

——————

https://www.knetizen.com/crash-landing-on-you-overtakes-goblin-to-achieve-highest-ratings-in-tvn-history/

“Crash Landing On You” 21.7%, The drama has the highest ratings in tvN history

CD9D99C5-AAB1-4872-9A5E-FC739F679322.jpg

CE18AD58-44D1-40DD-AEC7-437C61166B78.jpg

According to Nielsen Korea, the final broadcast of “Crash Landing on You” scored an average nationwide rating of 21.683 percent and a peak rating of 24.1 percent, smashing the previous record set by “Goblin” back in January 2017 (whose finale achieved a peak rating of 20.5 percent).

The drama performed even better in the Seoul metropolitan area, where it scored an average viewership rating of 23.249 percent for its final episode. cr

original post: naver

1. [+598, -5] Congratulations. Thank the cast and crew for hard work~~^^

2. [+517, -4] Wow, No.1!!!! Congratulations on the drama that really deserves it! A solid drama with no acting holes!!!!!! I’m gonna miss everyone… What’s my pleasure now without this drama?

3. [+333, -15] It’s my favorite drama

4. [+121, -3] It was so fun.

5. [+64, -1] It was the best. I cried and laughed a lot while watching the drama. The actors and actresses had a hard time filming in the cold weather!~~~

6. [+60, -1] Hyun Bin was really cool, but Son Ye Jin once again proved her great acting. She has a pretty face and sad acting, and she plays all kinds of things too well. It’s also amazing that she continues to work on her dramas rather than making money through her CF.

7. [+64, -17] Wow, the drama broke the ratings. I didn’t watch ‘Goblin’. I watched ‘Crash Landing On You’, but I knew it was the best drama in my eyes!

8. [+41, -0] Son Ye Jin’s crying acting was the best… Even the supporting actors are solid and the best drama of recent times.

9. [+42, -2] That’s right. Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin’s acting are the best

10. [+38, -1] Seriously, this is the best drama of my life so far…

• Like 10
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Around 3-4 weeks. I am leaning towards 4 weeks. 

Anyway, does anyone know if any HB and SYJ dramas or movies have wedding scenes? I am going to make my own FMV with IU’s OST :lol:. I am still upset they didn’t have a proper wedding :ph34r:.

Hyunbin have a wedding scene in hyde Jekyll and me drama.

• Like 4

Dear comrades, thank you for the welcoming and interactive atmosphere here. This is the most amazing forum I have ever seen. I really enjoyed every bit of my experience here. I am an avid fan of K-dramas for 10 years but never even posted anything under other drama threads. CLOY has been the far best drama of all time for me and I really enjoyed your engaging, intellectual and fun discussions here. I am happy to be a part of CLOY family here. Although I had so much work, I couldn't focus anything but CLOY while it was airing. I think its time for me to go back to my work. If I don't finish my piling papers I won't be able find a job and blame CLOY:P. All I wanted to say thank you and continue with your amazing analysis which I enjoy read all the time. I will still come around and read for insightful posts but I may be less posting. Hope to meet you all in a new drama after I finished my papers:kiss_wink:

• Like 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Anyway, does anyone know if any HB and SYJ dramas or movies have wedding scenes? I am going to make my own FMV with IU’s OST :lol:. I am still upset they didn’t have a proper wedding :ph34r:.

@INeedAFan made some digging, seems SYJ has wedding scene in her 2003 series "Shark" and HB in "Hyde, Jekyll and Me. Will wait for your fanvid. :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Esteraela said:

Question:

Some people are really unhappy with CLOY because Jeong Hyeok is cheating on Seo Dan.

How will you justify that JH was cheating on SD or not?

@Esteraela I think JH was not cheating on SD. He developed feelings for SR while he was helping her return to SK unintentionally and unknowingly. However, he finally acknowledged in himself that he likes SR when he was hospitalized at Sariwon (Ep 7). When SD visited him, he confessed and expressed to SD that they cannot continue the engagement because he has feelings for someone else. But SD wanted to stick to the wedding plans.

On 2/14/2020 at 5:25 PM, Samnamu-unnie said:

8. However, i think it was during the Sariwon hospital scene that they finally acknowledged in themselves their love for each other. It was at that time when they could not help but show and admit even to those around them what they feel (Jeong hyeok admitted that he cant continue the engagement with Seo Dan).

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2

Comrades I have some questions.

In Ep 7, GSJ was having noodles with SD and there was a part he told SD that JH couldn't have romantic feelings because that is the downside of arranged marriage. He said something else then SD asked how did he know. He said he almost had an arranged marriage but it fell apart. Then his heart began to flutter and he couldn't stop thinking about her (he refered to SR right?).

So GSJ had feelings for SR but was not very much in to her? Or he truly had budding feelings for SR after the engagement was called off but he also had other motives (reclaiming what his father lost in business)?

Later on, he proposed marriage to SR as means to help her leave NK. I couldn't figure out what was truly in GSJ's heart and mind because after SR chased after JH, he eventually helped the two escape in order to bring SR to the outpost.

Thank you!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

Comrades I have a question.

In Ep 7, GSJ was having noodles with SD and there was a part he told SD that JH couldn't have romantic feelings because that is the downside of arranged marriage. He said something else then SD asked how did he know. He said he almost had an arranged marriage but it fell apart. Then his heart began to flutter and he couldn't stop thinking about her (he refered to SR right?).

So GSJ had feelings for SR but was not very much in to her? Or he truly had budding feelings for SR after the engagement was called off but he also had other motives (reclaiming what his father lost in business)?

Later on, he proposed marriage to SR as means to help her leave NK. I couldn't figure out what was truly in GSJ's heart and mind because after SR chased after JH, he eventually helped the two escape in order to bring SR to the outpost.

My take on this:

When having noodles with SD, the woman whom GSJ referred to was Seri.

He probably meant that after Seri called off the engagement, he found her attractive and was interested to know her as a woman rather than a revenge tool.

But beyond his interest in Seri, I think his bigger motive was still revenge. Despite his revengeful heart, he couldn't bear to let Second Brother kill Seri, which was why he proposed to her to help her escape NK. After all, the last time GSJ saw Seri was 7(?) years ago in the restaurant. It doesn't make sense for him to be interested in Seri for 7 years after that brief encounter. When GSJ said what he said to Dan, he probably meant he was interested in Seri (for awhile) after the restaurant incident, not the whole 7 years.

I believe that he also had motives to carry out his revenge AFTER the paper "marriage" with Seri. Even though it was only a paper marriage, GSJ is scheming enough to milk something out of it afterwards. We are talking about GSJ after all, who had plotted for years on how to take revenge. Which was why he looked so pissed that Seri rejected the marriage and went after RJH. Because that means his revenge plan is foiled again.

However, it was that incident where RJH appeared at GSJ's house to rescue Seri, that brought GSJ closer to Dan. Because afterwards, GSJ and Dan met up even more regularly to pour out their hearts, and started to become more interested in each other.

In the last 2 epi, GSJ said that Dan made him want to become a better man.

If what he said was after getting to know Dan better, it makes sense as to why GSJ helped Seri and RJH escape to SK, because GSJ is not evil/bad inherently, just blinded with revenge.

And somewhere along later in the episodes, GSJ also mentioned (it was implied) to Seo Dan that he helped them so that Seo Dan can see that what she and RJH is not love, because RJH was willing to risk his life for Seri. So Seo Dan should move on.

At this point, GSJ's motive of wanting to take revenge has shifted to a motive of wanting Seo Dan know how much better she deserves (and that's GSJ).

Also, around the time he helped Seri and RJH escape to SK, GSJ was quite certain that it is Seo Dan whom his heart is after and she is who he wants to be with. Then, it makes no sense for him to try to keep Seri and fulfil a paper marriage with her for "revenge". 

Thanks for posting the question because I didn't think deeply about it. But because you asked it, it made me rack through my brains and realise even more how the writer thought through about GSJ's character development as well!

• Like 7
  • Insightful 7

8 minutes ago, Esteraela said:

My take on this:

When having noodles with SD, the woman whom GSJ referred to was Seri.

He probably meant that after Seri called off the engagement, he found her attractive and was interested to know her as a woman rather than a revenge tool.

But beyond his interest in Seri, I think his bigger motive was still revenge. Despite his revengeful heart, he couldn't bear to let Second Brother kill Seri, which was why he proposed to her to help her escape NK. After all, the last time GSJ saw Seri was 7(?) years ago in the restaurant. It doesn't make sense for him to be interested in Seri for 7 years after that brief encounter. When GSJ said what he said to Dan, he probably meant he was interested in Seri (for awhile) after the restaurant incident, not the whole 7 years.

I believe that he also had motives to carry out his revenge AFTER the paper "marriage" with Seri. Even though it was only a paper marriage, GSJ is scheming enough to milk something out of it afterwards. We are talking about GSJ after all, who had plotted for years on how to take revenge. Which was why he looked so pissed that Seri rejected the marriage and went after RJH. Because that means his revenge plan is foiled again.

However, it was that incident where RJH appeared at GSJ's house to rescue Seri, that brought GSJ closer to Dan. Because afterwards, GSJ and Dan met up even more regularly to pour out their hearts, and started to become more interested in each other.

In the last 2 epi, GSJ said that Dan made him want to become a better man.

If what he said was after getting to know Dan better, it makes sense as to why GSJ helped Seri and RJH escape to SK, because GSJ is not evil/bad inherently, just blinded with revenge.

And somewhere along later in the episodes, GSJ also mentioned (it was implied) to Seo Dan that he helped them so that Seo Dan can see that what she and RJH is not love, because RJH was willing to risk his life for Seri. So Seo Dan should move on.

At this point, GSJ's motive of wanting to take revenge has shifted to a motive of wanting Seo Dan know how much better she deserves (and that's GSJ).

Also, around the time he helped Seri and RJH escape to SK, GSJ was quite certain that it is Seo Dan whom his heart is after and she is who he wants to be with. Then, it makes no sense for him to try to keep Seri and fulfil a paper marriage with her for "revenge". 

Thanks for posting the question because I didn't think deeply about it. But because you asked it, it made me rack through my brains and realise even more how the writer thought through about GSJ's character development as well!

Thank you for sharing this. I was mixed-up about GSJ but your explanation brought clarity and made me appreciate his character more. Couldn't agree more. :)

• Like 3

It seems as if the thread is slowing down :hushed: I'm shocked it's been nonstop for days! I can keep talking about how beautiful HB is if you would like...I'm going to get kicked off the forum:joy:...but seriously I keep rewatching random scenes...my favorite ones and just saw the scene where "they bunk off for the day" when they're in the car laughing and he's looking at her smiling all dimples...then the back hug when he is walking up behind her and puts his head on her shoulder ....if we listed everyone's favorite HB scenes it would be the entire thread! As for the couple I loved how time after time they selflessly tried to spare the other of worry and guilt by holding things in and putting on a smile for the other's sake....beautiful! 

The crew trying on clothes (ripped jeans)  priceless! The chicken restaurant...they looked like real friends out playing a drinking game. I loved how she gave him 5 under the table. I wonder how many of their little gestures like that were adlib...seemed so natural. And after seeing the ending scene of house in Switzerland I suddenly have the urge to go fill my house with flowers that was so peaceful looking. I saw a video on youtube of time when the gang from Masters of the House went to her real home and they were talking about all the pretty flowers everywhere so obviously she truly loves flowers...her dresses give way to that also. Her home was surprisingly very simple but beautiful...just like her!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

9 hours ago, Esteraela said:

Question:

Some people are really unhappy with CLOY because Jeong Hyeok is cheating on Seo Dan.

How will you justify that JH was cheating on SD or not?

In my opinion, cheating on someone generally applies to someone who is unfaithful when they are in a relationship so it’s hard to consider it cheating when JH and SD had no type of relationship whatsoever, I wouldn’t even call them friends.. It was an engagement of convenience. Also, technically they both fell in love with someone else, not just JH but at least he was open and honest about it from the moment he realised he had sincere feelings for SR.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

This thread is really not gg to sleep at all :) It's like an energizer battery where all comrades here are still very much active, it's just as addictive as CLOY! I think all of us are in some sort of recovery stage it's like we all need an IV to get some strength now that our fave drama is done :(:bawling: so for some relief I watched an old movie of our SYJ last nite and woah she's amazing and no wonder she won Best Actress in that movie - i'm sure some of you may have seen it ooppps am i gg to be edited here now that it's off topic? Pls mods bear with me - it's titled The Last Princess, she really made me tear up, i highly recommend it!

Anyway, here's some stills that even hancinema are not stopping at all in posting CLOY. I hope it's not a dup and haven't been posted yet :)

[Photos] New Stills Added for the Korean Drama "Crash Landing on You"

photo1155375.jpg

photo1155376.jpg

photo1155377.jpg

Spoiler

photo1155378.jpg

photo1155382.jpg

photo1155379.jpg

photo1155380.jpg

photo1155381.jpg

I think JH/SR are destined it's too much of a coincidence that two ppl meet some yrs ago and meet again and ended up together no....they crash landed in each other's arms! :)

BTW i'm wondering if the cast/crew went back just for the ending scenes? I had a feeling the ending scenes must have been shot already during their first few filming in Swiss? I may be wrong but just a thought! I welcome your insight :)

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2