[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, newbie said:

Wow, this thread is still active!

There is one scene I would love to see in a director's cut version. In NK, after the clam-soju party with the guys, Se-ri woke up and wondered how she ended up in RJH's bed . I recall seeing  GIFs of the Captain carrying her to his bed and tucking her in(she was drunk).

Instead of showing us numerous "recall" scenes, they should have showed us more of this instead.

Was there any gif of that kind of scene as I have never seen that..if there was something like that then can u post it here please..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Icy00Swirl said:

and not planning to see any Kdramas soon knowing none of it will even come close to CLOY... HB and SYJ's chemistry and acting set the bar too high.

@Icy00Swirl Same sentiments here. Writer Park Ji Eun, Director jung-hyo, SYJ and HB, and the supporting cast had set the bar high in kdrama landscape. The truth is I don't really watch series. But one day I saw the preview of CLoY, and I became interested (Seri crash landed on Jeong Hyeok and they became like statues haha! OTPs chemistry got me. Why they never been paired before or when they where younger?). Little did I know that CLOY will become an international hit. They deserve it. I wonder how BinJin and the cast and crew react as they themselves watch the fruit of their labor. Hands up!

• Like 7

JTBC PLUS | 2020. 02. 20. 6:20 PM

After "Crash Landing on You", Hyun Bin hits big screen with "Bargaining"

C7-C7-CE75-4-ACC-49-D0-8-A75-5-DE440-CCD

Actor Hyun Bin has signaled to work hard in the first half of 2020 with his next work as the movie "Bargaining" (rough translation).

Through the drama "Crash Landing on You", Hyun Bin reached the third heyday and conquered the female audience's heart both in and outside Korea with the reputable title "Melo King". Expectedly, the actor will continue to cause a sensation on the big screen.

The movie "Bargaining" starring Hyun Bin talks about the rescue of kidnapped victims based on the Korean people kidnap in the Middle East and is directed by Yim Soon Rye, who created movies "Forever the Moment", "Little Forest". Before kicking off the filming, the movie attracted a lot of expectations thanks to the strange setting in the Middle East, along with the new combination between Hwang Jung Min and Hyun Bin.

Currently, "Bargaining" is about to embark on the stage of filming abroad. In this work, Hyun Bin will show his clear and masculine acting, different from his previous films.

It is known that, right after the end of the drama filming, Hyun Bin wholeheartedly prepared for the next work without resting. He has constantly spent time discussing the script with director Yim Soon Rye as well as focusing on preparing for the personality of the character he will take on in the movie.

Hyun Bin always shines in every movie and drama for the past years as a typical actor capable of "taking care" of many different genres, from romance to action. Therefore, the public is curious to know how the actor will once again conquer the audience with this challenge.

Reporter Park Jung Sun park.jungsun@jtbc.co.kr
Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive
https://vtoday.vlive.tv/hom

———

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20200220000872&np=1&mp=1

‘Crash Landing on You’ star Lee Sin-young sues over school bullying rumors

Feb 20, 2020

By Choi Ji-won

7-D7-B2-E92-3983-40-D8-AFFE-6-F2-DE82417

Rising star Lee Sin-young, who played a supporting role in the hit drama “Crash Landing on You,” is taking legal action after being accused of school bullying, Lee’s agency, Forest Entertainment, said Thursday.

A lawyer from law firm Gangnam, on behalf of the agency, released an official statement saying libel and blackmail complaints have been filed against a man claiming to have suffered school bullying by Lee. 

Earlier this month, a man claiming to have been Lee’s middle school classmate posted on several online communities that he had been bullied by the rookie actor. The man later posted a letter of apology on the internet, saying his claims were not true. According to the lawyer’s statement, the man had promised to make no further claims to hurt Lee.

But several days later, on Feb. 6, the man sent malicious text messages to the actor’s father, stating that he had “not been paid for writing the apology” and threatened to “reveal everything on the online communities.” The man also added he would not hold any negotiations with Lee and warned he would take things to the police.

The allegations not only seriously damaged Lee’s reputation, but led to Lee losing a modeling contract, the lawyer said in the statement, adding that the situation had caused irrevocable mental and financial damages to Lee.

The agency said it would show no clemency toward anyone who tried to further harm Lee with false rumors.

Lee, 22, played the North Korean soldier Park Kwang-beom in the 16-part series “Crash Landing on You,” which ended last week.

By Choi Ji-won (jwc@heraldcorp.com

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

If the award shows were showing a preview clip of HB and SYJ before announcing their Best Actor and Best Actress in a drama, what clips would you guys choose?

Most outstanding acting for SYJ as SR for me would be:

- interrogation scene of eps 15 (from the moments before start of "Sunset" song to the collapse outside)

- final separation scene of eps 16 (from the breathless run, choked screams, to the hands pulling apart...)

- runner up scenes: at SJ's house after RJH comes to pick her up; in the truck as she's being kidnapped talking on the phone with RJH.

For HB as RJH:

- post SR confession and kidnapped scene of eps 8 (silence as he cries and "Photo of my Mind" song plays)

- hospital reunion and RJH confession of eps 14 (from the moments before IU's song starts to the end of the second hug..)

In these scenes I think they demonstrated their best acting.  SYJ is just the queen, she's too good, too good!

I agree with what some of you said, especially a comment a few pages ago re: character withdrawal.  I got a sense that SYJ found it very difficult to move on (her emotions on the last day of filming, her little speech about what YSR character means to her), I hope they're both doing fine - whatever we feel, they must feel it tenfold.  Though seasoned actors and professional as they are, I think that only makes it more impactful because of how committed they are to their roles.  

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I saw an article about CLOY.It is inspired by real life incident.In 2008, actress Jung Yang sailed on her boat in Incheon and she was swept by the storm and almost crossed 38th parallel line.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/what-singapore-fans-say-about-k-drama-crash-landing-on-you-and-7-things-to

4 hours ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

Guys. Take a look at this. Our drama is  definitely so popular. South Korean President and the first lady watched it.

Didn't know South Korean First Lady is a fan of Hyun Bin.....:lol:

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

If the award shows were showing a preview clip of HB and SYJ before announcing their Best Actor and Best Actress in a drama, what clips would you guys choose?

Most outstanding acting for SYJ as SR for me would be:

- interrogation scene of eps 15 (from the moments before start of "Sunset" song to the collapse outside)

- final separation scene of eps 16 (from the breathless run, choked screams, to the hands pulling apart...)

- runner up scenes: at SJ's house after RJH comes to pick her up; in the truck as she's being kidnapped talking on the phone with RJH.

For HB as RJH:

- post SR confession and kidnapped scene of eps 8 (silence as he cries and "Photo of my Mind" song plays)

- hospital reunion and RJH confession of eps 14 (from the moments before IU's song starts to the end of the second hug..)

Does anyone know how these award shows work? Does a committee vote or fellow entertainers in the industry? Are episodes submitted or just clips?

For SYJ: Final separation scene.

For HB: Seri hospital scene

It's difficult to choose just one ... each has grand moments, but it's their quieter scenes that often times gets me (though probably not as award recognizable). As an example, for SYJ, the soju and face-to-face scenes are just filled with subtle acting.

I knew SYJ was sad on her last day, but didn't realize it until I caught a slow mo clip of her during the green screen photo shoot. Six months living and breathing a character must be difficult. Hope they do rest up but looking forward to their next work.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Guys, tomorrow will be our first weekend without CLOY!

I try to watch another drama to distract my feeling of loss due to CLOY, but it didn't work.

At the end, I am exploring instagram, youtube, twitter, soompi forum for any content related to CLOY & Binjin. :heart:

I know it will be hard, but never thouht that will be this hard. Hahahaha

Any of you feel the same?!

• Like 5

16 hours ago, avocado yum said:

I don't know if it's been share here or not, but the video is so great highlighting the hilarious RJH squad:joy:

OMG!! I didn't click the video earlier and just did, and the video is GOLD!! Pairing it with one of my TOP songs Uptown Funk is brilliant!! Reposting it cuz it's JUST. TOO .GOOD!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, superspace said:

Guys, tomorrow will be our first weekend without CLOY!

I try to watch another drama to distract my feeling of loss due to CLOY, but it didn't work.

At the end, I am exploring instagram, youtube, twitter, soompi forum for any content related to CLOY & Binjin. :heart:

I know it will be hard, but never thouht that will be this hard. Hahahaha

Any of you feel the same?!

YES!!!! Normally I can't wait till the last episode to know how it ends but this time I'm more sad it's over. Like you I've rewatched...but not the same. Trying to watch their other works.....but I've already watched them all lol! Last night as I was rewatching trying to analyze their emotional scenes eg..the drunk confession when he was telling her he wanted to see her when she was old and gray how he bet she would still be pretty...he was looking at her so pure and raw it's so easy to forget they're acting...or was he? Anyway I was thinking about other dramas I've watched that at the time felt similar so did they really seem that legit or are we wanting to see that because we like them and like them together so much?

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

That was FAST! 

2 hours ago, Beurandless said:

The sad ending of our second lead couple inspired me to make this video about why Kdrama second leads are so tragic. Oh man, writer-nim is so cruel.... :unamused:

I was sad about it, too, as I've been rooting for SD x SJ romance as well. How could second-leads have this kind of fate in kdrama? 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 3

More interviews and articles seem to be coming out after the finale. This one is an interesting interview with the Props Manager and Costume Manager of the production team - they talked at length about how they designed the NK military village!

https://news.yahoo.com/amphtml/creators-crash-landing-explains-making-015420918.html

Cross-border S Korean drama overcomes political risks

JUWON PARK
Associated PressFebruary 21, 2020, 1:54 AM UTC

SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — For the South Korean crew behind the latest hit drama “Crash Landing on You," recreating the life in North Korea was a painstakingly meticulous process with big political risks.

“At first, we were even told not to use the word ‘chairman'" when referring to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, said Joo Dong-man, a props manager for the story about a South Korean billionaire heiress who accidentally paraglides into North Korea and falls in love with an army captain.

Apart from its fantastical plot line with prominent stars like Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, the drama has been creating a buzz for its unconventional take on North Korea.

With detailed portrayals of the isolated country down to words, objects and the makeup style, the cross-border love story even drew praises from several North Korean defectors in South Korea. Behind the effort are people like Joo, who had soaked in almost everything about the secretive regime — collecting details from books, experts and North Korean escapees.

Joo said recreating life in North Korea was a difficult process, simply because there’s no guidebook on multiple hurdles he had to hop over - skillfully and delicately – to accurately depict the country while dodging criticism. He said rules, self-imposed by the production team themselves, were arbitrary and frequently subject to change.

“Later, we got permission (to show propaganda slogans),” Joo told The Associated Press. He said three names from North Korea’s ruling family dynasty – Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il, and Kim Jong Un – were banned till the very end.

The surreal plot – cross-border love between beautiful heiress and a handsome North Korean soldier from the top military family – doesn’t fail to show occasional glimpses into the most repressive authoritarian regime in the world. The team had to tread carefully in order to avoid glorifying or misrepresenting the state.

They blurred the portraits of the Kim dynasty, which are mandatory in public places and private homes in North Korea. Objects displaying the faces of the Kims are practically illegal in South Korea, where wearing or possessing them could be considered praising the regime, which is punishable by law. The two rivals are still technically in a state of war.

Since all North Korean adults are required to wear a pin with the leaders' images to show their loyalty, Yang Hee-hwa, a costume manager, said the cast had to wear them too. But she devised her own safe way of doing so. “Our badges were almost half or one third smaller (than actual badges),” Yang told AP.

The team created scenes that had “the least resemblance to South Korea,” according to Joo. He said the most difficult props was smartphones made in North Korea, which came from a series of meetings with defectors, including one based in Yanji, the Chinese city near North Korea. Joo declined to comment further on the process due to sensitivity of the matter.

Joo brought with him three North Korean phones, each as much as three times the price of an iPhone.

Joo said some scenes were exaggerated for theatrical reason. One scene where a woman puts together a makeshift plastic shower stall to keep the water warm for longer drew a complaint from one of defectors for being “too condescending.” The defector who advised the team had told him that such method was used in the 1960s.

However, Kang Na-ra, a Youtuber who defected in 2014, said people living in rural parts of North Korea still use it. Kang was one of the escapees who provided real-life depictions of North Korea – from a group kimchi-making session to a popular make-up style that emphasizes the eyebrows.

The South Korean actors speak with a North Korean accent and use expressions less familiar in the South.

The drama series aired its final episode this week. For Yang, this was an opportunity to create something new. “Everything we did was the first so there wasn’t any benchmark (to follow),” said Yang. “I think we’ve created the benchmark.”

"To be honest, we always showed poor and famished scenes when it comes to North Korea,” Kang said. “But I really like this drama because it shows that North Korea is also a place with people, and they know how to share despite the scarcity."

The drama is one of a few reminders of Kang's faraway home. It’s also a distant place for both Joo and Yang, because neither nation allows contact with the other's citizens.

“I thought about how nice it would’ve been to film in Pyongyang,” Joo paused. “Well the time will come one day.”

• Like 7

7 hours ago, blue_fleurs said:

For me personally, I will choose the first encounter between RJH and Seri for SYJ, when she said that golden words "Your looks are totally my type!"

giphy.gif

It's not only because of acting but it's the first impression of how bold and strong the character Seri is even when she is in other country, to be precise in an enemy country. And I'm sure there would be laughter in audience after seeing that.

Best acting by SYJ as Seri for me :

-Of course the interrogation scene, no doubt that's best scene.

4c7fb477f4d5f2781446119c5a26c05952fc531a

Spoiler

-Her reaction after RHJ said "You said it wasn't even a kiss". I don't think anyone can act the way she reacted to RJH's words and turned around not just once but twice! :lol:

5e0207fa86194876075029.gif?download&key=

-The final good bye at DMZ line

crash-finale-1-300x154.jpg

Best acting by HB as RJH :

-The scene at DMZ line when he saw Seri and ran towards her :wub:

15817773631581777349.gif&key=3da83554a15

Spoiler

-The Interrogation scene

b034073a3fc6e16cbf70c04f33ea206232f111bf

-When he took the bullet in ep 6 and fell down

c49EAum7b8eVa5ycFj48qUce61blwntkwJYLwalA

(Gif/pic credits to editor)

• Like 9
  • Love 8

Had an emotional tug thinking about SR's monologue while she was in a coma, when she recalled her memories with RJH and said that if she had to choose, she would choose once again to meet him all over again.... and then realizing the name of her coveted brand is... Seri's Choice.  We were given a clue all along where this was going :bawling:

@phoenixfire25 great selections and thanks for including the gifs!  I like the idea of choosing the comedic scenes too, it is a rom-com after all!

15 hours ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

I just hope it was made clearer why Seri sought euthanasia in Switzerland. My hunch is.. With the kind of family life she had, a dysfunctional one, that could be the reason. She was unloved and longed to be loved. But I could be wrong, there may be another reason. Im a bit puzzled why that issue was not elaborated. Seri mentioned to JH her former suicide attempts but surprisingly, Seri didn't tell why nor did JH asked the reason why.

15 hours ago, Dana T said:

Luckily he was outside her hospital room when she played recording of her mom talking to her when she was unconscious so by that he was able to fill in the blanks pretty much I'm sure. Before that point I had wondered about that also. That's part of what made their story so special though...they just loved because they loved even without all the answers 

I didn't give enough thought to this scene where he stood outside as she listened to the clip - thanks for pointing it out!  RJH indeed did get a glimpse of the reason and very likely filled in the blanks himself... her mom had abandoned her and she has had to live with that growing up and had no support from her siblings.

Come to think of it, I don't think SR ever knew about RJH's brother until, honestly, the interrogation scene when he told her that was his purpose of going after CG :blink:... Even when she discovered the watch (that it made its way back to him), they didn't talk about its significance.  

I think this is clever and well thought out by the writer.  They are in their 30s when they meet.  Their story doesn't dwell on past adversities, but instead focuses on self-recovery, healing, personal development, and new discoveries.  It's very present and forward looking.  In a way, not knowing is good, so each person doesn't have to think the other is trying to "fix" them or make them "better" again, the love is there regardless.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

@thanie woah that Filipina was so lucky to have been at the location of CLOY at JH's house in the drama! Won't it be nice if all of us can experience that as well? :blush:Thanks for sharing!

I'm also quite sad and didn't see it coming @Beurandless@thanie about Dan and GSJ that their love story ended in that situation! I think writer-nim in spite of doing that wanted the viewers to see that no two stories can be as perfect at the love of JH and SR (?) just a thought :( ! I must admit that the charac of GSJ did grow on me in the last few episodes esp when he helped JH/SR to take the safest way for SR to go back to SK!

Anyway, it's been a week this w/end that we're left with just good memories of this drama but it's one of those Kdramas that left us with that but almost certainly already got a space in our hearts for as long as we're here to enjoy Kdramas :)

Here's an article fr hancinema re one of the F5s:

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-lee-shin-young-to-press-charges-related-to-bullying-allegation-138902.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+(HanCinema+Daily+News)

I seem to have problems posting hancinema these days, yday Jillia had to help me with the photos of JH/SR :) so I'm afraid it might happen again so i just got you the link above :)

@Jillia thx again for editing it for me :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1