[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Thank you so much @Ahpheng, I am so happy whenever I come back to Soompi for a drama I still see you and your awesome strips, always as stunning, unpredictable and smart, I am so in love with the way you use scenes and characters’ face expression to deliver your thoughts and humor. I have enjoyed your strips for DOTS and MDBC so much, and now CLOY.

Love ❤️.

10 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

I plan to go before I graduate... It's not far from SK (though I have to go through China first). I want to take train route from China to Pyeongyang ehe. 

Wow that would be amazing. Wish your plan come true and come here share with us abt your trip!!! I bet the train route is as beautiful as Mongolia route in CLOY. Oh, and tell me whether they sing the same song on the train lol, I somehow really like that song and feel so joyful listening to it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dana T said:

Ikr...he was so funny. Everytime he got a phone call he would turn and look at RJH I was like ...dude you are so obvious lol! Thought it was nice of him to let him go to hospital and how he tried to stall at the DMZ so RJH could see Seri....he was a softie

Can you tell me how to respond to multiple people in same quote? I see people with several boxes and responses in 1 but I'm not sure how

When you come across something you want to Quote, click on the + sign instead of "Quote". This will store the post for you and you can keep on clicking on the + sign for any post you want to quote. You'll notice on the bottom right corner of your screen there's a button that accumulates all of the posts you "quoted". Then when you are ready, click on that box at the bottom right corner and it will insert all of the quotes for you in one post. :D This makes it easy for you to continue to accumulate posts even when moving from page to page. It remembers all of it.

I am still not over CLoY and now there is a void that needs to be filled!

I seriously don't know how HB is going to do another drama and look just as good. I feel like he set such a high bar with Captain Ri.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Dana T said:

Ikr...he was so funny. Everytime he got a phone call he would turn and look at RJH I was like ...dude you are so obvious lol! Thought it was nice of him to let him go to hospital and how he tried to stall at the DMZ so RJH could see Seri....he was a softie

Can you tell me how to respond to multiple people in same quote? I see people with several boxes and responses in 1 but I'm not sure how

There is a plus sign next to the word "Quote", it's for multiple quotes. Click on the plus sign every time you wanna quote something in one comment box.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Liking what you wrote there! I've also read many comments here (and other sites) about SR and JH not fighting enough for their love. Maybe it's because throughout their whole time together, they were spending all their energy to keep each other alive - first JH saving and protecting SR, and then later SR doing the same for JH. It was only when SR nearly lost her life, and JH also realise how difficult it will be for her once he's gone, that JH took the first step to continue being in SR's life via the text messages, and finally to initiate a reunion at the end of those messages. It probably took JH one year and more to plan for it, since he already told SR indirectly that it will be the land where Edelweiss grows ie Switzerland. He may even have started training on his piano again and auditioned for the National Symphony to be the pianist. Throughout the series, JH planned every step he took, and I am sure he did the same for his reunion with SR. Once he set his mind on something, he will get it done. And vice-versa, SR being SR the CEO is also the same. Remember she said that she will buy the Seoul Arts Symphony (can't recall exact name) so that JH can play there? That's exactly what she did with the musical scholarship foundation.

Brilliant!

Good point - see I wish episode 16 dedicated more time into explaining and fleshing out RJH's side of things.  If there's ever a time use flashbacks it would be now - flashbacks to how RJH came up with this plan, things he did while he was in SK to put it together.  Although I'd like to think that his plan when pre-ordering Edelweiss flowers for her was just a very vague plan and that ultimately it was up to/contingent on his mom, she helped him (a) be discharged from duty, (b) not have to take over his father's role, and (c) be able to audition for the National Symphony.  Which brings me again to the point where we should have seen at least a scene where his mom helped him bring his plan to fruition (we know she had a part, not sure to what extent, given her realization moment after talking to SD's mom).

Thinking about it again, initially I felt terrible for RJH during the separation years because he had no information about SR, didn't have any consoling text messages from her, nothing.  I felt the same for SR but to a lesser extent because she had the texts (even though it's really odd/sad/borderline unhealthy - the texts are "forthcoming" but in a way from the "past" if that makes sense, she really didn't know anything about how he's doing in the present moment either, so I found it weird we didn't see any sad scenes from her throughout).  But anyway, after taking in your point about how RJH must have had a plan and was working on how to bring it to fruition, and in that sense he must have had a lot of hope that was able to help him continue with life day by day knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's the saddest part - to know they had to feel at some point there was no light at the end of the tunnel - so I'm glad RJH probably didn't actually feel that way at all.  Maybe SR did. (Still brings me much comfort, for RJH).

For this reason I was also really upset that RJH didn't give her any glimmer of hope but I suspect because of the situation and all ears around, he couldn't be so blatant about telling her, "we will see each other again" - nor could he do this on the pre-set text message which could be at risk for being read by others (whatever the wiretap version of text messages is).  After rewatching the last separation scene I can now see that he said to her, "pray desperately and wait, you asked if you can see someone that way, you can."  I'm going to believe that was his biggest hint dropped to her, and I hope she understood, and they both believed in it.

• Like 10

Just a question. 

In the episode where  cho choel gang was on trial, I saw that Dan's uncle was nodding at the judge. Does it mean anything? I thought something fishy was going on but it wasnt explained anywhere. Cho also said that captain ri missed out on something.  Anyone have any idea what is it ? Thanks 

Anyone recall when was the first time rjh said I love you to se ri? 

• Like 2

On 2/18/2020 at 10:42 AM, INeedAFan said:

Lol, those points were my primary reasons for taking a break from kdramas. This drama is my first in three to four years. 

I understand what you mean. I took a break from dramas too! I'm happy you came back to dramaland. And I'm happy that CLOY brought you back to drama land because it is an amazing story. Welcome back!

So I said this before. I don't think I'm good with words. But I want to share my thoughts on Ep 15, and 16. And I want to share my thoughts on the drama.

My thoughts. 

First, I want to say. I believe this drama changed my life. Why I think it made me think about my life and the decisions I make. I ask, "Am I happy?" I watch CLOY before I go to work. I felt like I lived in the drama. I felt like I belonged there. And I think a lot of us are like Seri. Why? I think some of us take life for granted. I think she took life for granted. Then she is far away from home. She's in danger. Then she meet Captain Ri and his soldiers and the people around her. I think she becomes more comfortable. I think I asked myself, "Am I taking life for granted?" I think this drama made a lot of people look inside themselves. I think Seri didn't believe in love. She began to fall for JH/Captain Ri.

When she got back home, I don't think she was happy. I think she kept saying she wanted to go back home in the beginning of the drama, remember? But when she leaves JH, I don't think she wants to go back home. I'm sorry. I'm repeating myself. When she goes back home it's the same thing. Her family is trying to destroy her. Some of them are trying to take her business away from her. Some people are trying to kill her. JH finds his way back to her. Seri is happy. She missed him so much. But her life is in danger. He protects her! She protects him! He almost loses her. She almost loses him. I can't believe the second brother and his wife wanted Seri dead. I was so angry at them. 

I'm glad she got to see JH's soldiers again. I think she really formed a bond with them. I think they were more family than her real family. When JH has to leave to go back home it was sad. I could see the pain in Seri's eyes. I think she was always trying to remain strong. But JH was always making her cry. I'm going to talk about Seo Dan and GSJ  real quick. They looked like they were having fun. Seo Dan reminded me of an Ice Queen. But she became happy with GSJ. And when he died I was so upset. I think he made her happy. I will get back to Seri and JH now. And I think the second brother went to jail, right? I was like, "YES!!"

So a year later. Seri is in Switzerland. And I didn't like seeing her sad. How does she meet JH again? He is playing the piano. I was so happy when he met her. I didn't think she would ever see him again. And when she saw him my heart almost came out of my chest! I was filled with so much emotion. I felt all the longing that Seri felt. Someone here said that JH and Seri were always being punished. Well, I agree. When they meet again, it finally ends. And when they kiss my heart beat so fast! I know they kissed at the hospital. But this was different. This was like, "I missed you." And this was like, "I will love you forever. I have always loved you." I think they fell in love the moment they met. He stepped on a landmine, remember? 

I like how the ending showed them happy. They hugged each other so tight. And the flowers he gave her were beautiful. 

I think Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin gave us their hearts in this drama. I think they were so professional. I could look in their eyes and believe that they missed each other. I will watch their other works. CLOY has a special place in my heart. I will never forget CLOY. I'm sorry.  My thoughts are terrible! I backread. And a lot of you said better things than I did. And I loved IU's song too!

Well, 

I hope some of us meet in other drama threads! I enjoyed reading all your thoughts and opinions. I wish we could have talked more..I said, I wish I could reply to that, but I thought my post was too dumb.

@philosophie And I see you! It's nice seeing you in another drama thread again.

And I'm sorry for the notifications again!

Thank you for welcoming me to this thread.

Sometimes I don't get along with people in drama threads..Why? I don't think they like me. I felt very welcomed here. I think all of you are so nice!

See you around!

Me:

Image result for real housewives atlanta gif

:wub::heart: "Love you all!"

Edit: I always thought, "No one likes me because I'm a black kdrama fan! Well thanks again!" :wub:

• Like 7
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, gilaswan said:

How many weeks in total was RJH in SK?

Around 3-4 weeks. I am leaning towards 4 weeks. 

Anyway, does anyone know if any HB and SYJ dramas or movies have wedding scenes? I am going to make my own FMV with IU’s OST :lol:. I am still upset they didn’t have a proper wedding :ph34r:.

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, blue_fleurs said:

But anyway, after taking in your point about how RJH must have had a plan and was working on how to bring it to fruition, and in that sense he must have had a lot of hope that was able to help him continue with life day by day knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

I agree with you. Usually when one has a goal  or something to look forward to, life doesn't seem as dull and vicious as it may seem anymore. This also happens to GSJ. As he realizes what he wants in life, his attitude and behavior changes and moves him forward to his goal. (And unlike us, now that we have no thing to look forward to during the weekend, we find our lives a little empty...and we go back to rewatch the drama or go on soompi to discuss about it...hehe)

In JH-SR case, the desire to reunite with Seri helped him create his plans and gave him the energy to carry them out. If he told Seri to pray desperately, I believe he worked himself desperately to make the reunion happen. If it seems like years of waiting for Seri, it is years of action for JH during their separation. In addition, knowing well Seri would go back to the empty life she had before meeting him, he took care of her (like he had been all this time) through the timed messages. I think this act of caring is not just for her benefit; it is for his benefit as well, unbeknownst to him. Because, when knowing you're accountable to someone, you tend to live more responsibly and rationally.

Seri, on the other hand, is supposed to be vulnerable given her situation. I believe JH could contact her if he plans it well enough, but she just simply has no means to find out about his well being. Although she has been showing traits as RJH's equal in previous incidents,  it is after their separation that I find Seri truly shine as a strong woman. With only faith, she relentlessly finds ways to see him again. If RJH has a plan, Seri has too many plans and she is going try them all until they meet. That's how I interpret the things she has set up things in Switzerland. 

• Like 7
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, mouse007 said:

When you come across something you want to Quote, click on the + sign instead of "Quote". This will store the post for you and you can keep on clicking on the + sign for any post you want to quote. You'll notice on the bottom right corner of your screen there's a button that accumulates all of the posts you "quoted". Then when you are ready, click on that box at the bottom right corner and it will insert all of the quotes for you in one post. :D This makes it easy for you to continue to accumulate posts even when moving from page to page. It remembers all of it.

I am still not over CLoY and now there is a void that needs to be filled!

I seriously don't know how HB is going to do another drama and look just as good. I feel like he set such a high bar with Captain Ri.

Thank you so much that's makes more sense and I wondered what the + sign was for now I know :grin: thanks for helping the newbie! This has been fun following the thread but exhausting at times when I come back and theres been like 5 more pages added because I don't want to miss anything ...but. 

I totally agree about HB I mean idk I said in an earlier post...just when I thought he couldn't get hotter he did! Earlier I was rewatching ep 7 when he's in hospital and Seri had finished sewing his jacket and walked out frustrated by his answer about kiss....he has that dumb but hilarious look like ...did I say something wrong...then when he turns his head to look at jacket and smiles....GOOD LORD...even with gunshot wound and ashy lips that man is to die for. I feel like I need to repent for thoughts I have everytime I look at him. :flushed::love:

I know they're professionals and it's not like she hasn't ever kissed anyone good looking but....not HB! I just wonder even if they're not anything other than friends still can u imagine the experience of filming that type of drama with HIM! They had pretty good chemistry in Negotiation also even tho shot thru a monitor. I thought he was sexy in that movie with his long hair and bad boy looks. Idk where do you stop talking about HB or SYN for that matter?  I wonder also how long this post will go on how soon will people move on and it start to fade? It just has a different feel to it. 

SYJ has been my girl crush since Moment to Remember...my very 1st kdrama years ago that I watched strictly by accident just because story sounded appealing. That was way before I intentionally sat down to watch a movie with subs...which everyone thinks I'm crazy for doing! I tell them it's so good you don't even think about it after a while it's totally worth it!

I love the pics I saw posted of her with her friends in her downtime. She seems so cool and confident. I love that she isn't pressured by people reg marriage and family. She is happy and satisfied with her life obviously and when/if that happens great if not she's fulfilled. It's such a liberating thing for a woman imo to be true to her self, passions, career etc and not fall into the stigma that women must marry and have children. Ok...see you can just keep going and going!

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

Glad to see this forum still very active! I guess many of us still have so much to express and so many questions to ask about CLOY! I really wish we can interview the writer and ask her 100 questions!

One thing just came to my mind - that reunion/ separation scene at DMZ border was actually the FIRST TIME that Seri asked JH to stay and not go!!

In all their other good-bye scenes, both of them try so hard to be brave and rational, and tell each other that they will be OK so just go without worry. BUT in that scene, BOTH of them expressed outwardly for the first time their desire to stay together. SR crying out for JH not to leave and to stay with her, JH telling her to wait and pray earnestly, and it will happen. That's probably why that scene caused so many CLOY fans to cry their eyes out!!

3 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Wow even Dave!

LOL!! Actually Dave did a few interviews with the NK defector and youtuber Kang Nara about North Korea's language and culture, and also about CLOY. If I am not mistaken, this is the 2nd video on CLOY that he did with Kang Nara. She is also one of the consultant for CLOY writing team.

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

Good point - see I wish episode 16 dedicated more time into explaining and fleshing out RJH's side of things.  If there's ever a time use flashbacks it would be now - flashbacks to how RJH came up with this plan, things he did while he was in SK to put it together. 

Which brings me again to the point where we should have seen at least a scene where his mom helped him bring his plan to fruition (we know she had a part, not sure to what extent, given her realization moment after talking to SD's mom).

Thinking about it again, initially I felt terrible for RJH during the separation years because he had no information about SR, didn't have any consoling text messages from her, nothing.  ..........But anyway, after taking in your point about how RJH must have had a plan and was working on how to bring it to fruition, and in that sense he must have had a lot of hope that was able to help him continue with life day by day knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It's the saddest part - to know they had to feel at some point there was no light at the end of the tunnel - so I'm glad RJH probably didn't actually feel that way at all.  Maybe SR did. (Still brings me much comfort, for RJH).

For this reason I was also really upset that RJH didn't give her any glimmer of hope but I suspect because of the situation and all ears around, he couldn't be so blatant about telling her, "we will see each other again" - nor could he do this on the pre-set text message which could be at risk for being read by others (whatever the wiretap version of text messages is).  After rewatching the last separation scene I can now see that he said to her, "pray desperately and wait, you asked if you can see someone that way, you can."  I'm going to believe that was his biggest hint dropped to her, and I hope she understood, and they both believed in it.

I agree, I also wish they included scenes of JH planning for his reunion with SR in the epilogue, just like what they usually do as a flashback to explain things. We got hints of it when JH announced to the ahjummas that he is being discharged and will become the pianist for National Symphony, but more details will be even better.

As for no sad scenes of SR, she said something about being happy and taking care of herself, as that will make JH happy. Seriously, both of them are SOULMATES and just know what the other person is thinking or feeling, even if they are apart physically. That's why we SHIP this OTP so hard!

About JH's mom helping him, I actually think his dad will also have played a big role. He's the one with all the influence and power, and probably the mom helps to persuade him. When the dad rescued JH and killed the chubby Military Director, and then asked JH about SR, I can see he has decided to support his son in whatever his heart desires. JH's tears when he saw his dad kill the military director shows that he was very touched by what his father did to protect him. Remember that before this, CCG was telling JH that his dad didn't protect his older brother and JH was so shocked/ saddened by it.

I also think JH kept his sanity and motivation by working towards the reunion with SR. He must have kept in his memory (he has very good memory lol) all the text messages he wrote and even do the same things he advised SR to do. Besides SR, getting back to playing the piano again must also be another inspiration and happiness for him. He is fully living again after SR crash landed into his life. :D He even helped MB and family relocate to Pyongyang with a new job!

JH can't tell SR at the beginning of his text about the possibility of their reunion as that will totally cause her to go haywire and panic, instead of focusing in taking care of herself and living happily. He's also taking a risk with that reunion text cuz he could have been easily killed by the military director on the way back to Pyongyang..... thank god this is kdrama romcom and the writer gave us a happy ending!

21 minutes ago, L A said:

What is episode 10.5 comrades? Have any of you seen it? Is it worth clicking on the link, it seems like its one of those websites that has tons of virus?

That site Kissasian should be fine. It's a very popular asian drama online site and I've watched many dramas and movies on it. Have not seen it yet but I think this is the special episode during the long break of Lunar New Year. It has commentaries by the ducklings on different scenes of episodes that have been aired up (ep 1-8). Should be lots of fun!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

The interview with one of the writers is out!
https://subin.kim/4464: Crash Landing on You: meet the defector writer behind stunning details on North Korea

This lines had me cracking :lol:

“It’s their story. It’s about them,” he says. “And I guess that especially North Korean men would feel very grateful to have a handsome guy like Hyun Bin to play one of them,” he chuckles.  

Another one

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, INeedAFan said:

Around 3-4 weeks. I am leaning towards 4 weeks. 

Anyway, does anyone know if any HB and SYJ dramas or movies have wedding scenes? I am going to make my own FMV with IU’s OST :lol:. I am still upset they didn’t have a proper wedding :ph34r:.

me too am still upset :wub: bc i was also looking f/ward to a wedding scene at least since she paraglided again in Switz why didn't they? :( is writer-nim thinking of a sequel or whaaat? LOLs!!! i'll see if i can find one of them in old dramas with wedding scene/s and i'll let you know :)

I think as always it's not easy to get over WS but keeping in touch w/all the comrades here helps a great deal :) !! Now we're wondering what are they up to now that this drama has ended, we all realize there's not bonus trip or reward trip, maybe they're just on hold (?) or each of them got their own plans to rest or just go to Disneyland :) - not Jeju do bc they're probab sick of gg there, somewhere exotic but again they may perhaps adamant to take a trip these days bc of the COR.virus!!

I just hope we'll see our OTP again in another blockbuster drama or movie! am sure we all miss the F5 and one actor that i'd def follow is Kim jung hyun or in CLOY charac GSJ! i must admit during the first few episodes i kinda loath his character but he grows on you esp when at the end he didn't make it, that was kinda sad esp Dan ssi and himself just started to fall for each other! :(

This drama for certain will be one of my best Kdrama favorites! Not sure if some of you will agree, but to me this rank in the Kdrama classic! :) Let's wish them a good restful week now that the drama just wrapped up and also to us comrades here that we'll soon recover from all the sadness :tears: that they won't be a part of our w/ends anymore but it won't go away that easily :) am still re-watching some of the episodes last nite & still got teary:cry: with that ep 16 scene as JH and F5 were crossing the DM line and SR crying her heart out running to JH, her acting in that scene was so natural/convincing in every sense of the word! Gosh they're both exceptionally great in their roles! It's just hard to even imagined we were watching a fictional story coz you can emote to their scenes in most, if not all, the episodes! I miss them soooo much already :) !!!

This thread reached to 400 pages and are we gg to wrap this up too like the drama? lols i always enjoyed reading posts fr comrades here & this thread feels like it's our SANCTUARY now, it's almost like we're one family bec of SR & JH woah! This drama allowed me/us to meet here and exchanged views about it and with some artistic gifs, still photos, vids, etc. added more spices to this thread! I'm sure another drama (maybe not as great as this one :) ) will let us meet again in another thread :)

• Like 3
  • Love 4