[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@Dana T no worries, just rewatch as many times as you can and come here and vent with us. I am reading all you guys' posts. I want to rewatch too but I'm so behind in my work so I need to catch up. I wish to have time to reminisce the scenes and try to write something...but now I need to focus. Thanks for still keeping this thread active, it's still my favorite time of the day reading the comments on here.

I see so many post grads here. I am a post grad too...hopefully getting the D in a year. It's always interesting to hear about ya'all backgrounds...and to see we come from all walks of life to support HB and SYJ is truly touching. Just like we all unite to root for that soccer match between Korea and Japan eh? :phew:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

One little scene that brought tears to my eyes was when F4 maknae (Geum Eun Dong) saw students basking on the street, and he pointed to them and said that he wants to wear what they are wearing.

He probably didn't know it was SK's version of a school uniform. But anw, when he put on the uniform, and walked with the other F4s in their SK clothes (Gwang Beom and ripped jeans :bawling:), I teared up at that scene, because it is like a little image of how different their lives could be if they grew up in SK.

What 17 year old puts on an army uniform, when he should be in a school uniform? (Sobs)

side track a little: How did the term "ducklings" came about? Was it out of some pun, or because RJH was like their mama duck?

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

13 minutes ago, Esteraela said:

One little scene that brought tears to my eyes was when F4 maknae (Geum Eun Dong) saw students basking on the street, and he pointed to them and said that he wants to wear what they are wearing.

He probably didn't know it was SK's version of a school uniform. But anw, when he put on the uniform, and walked with the other F4s in their SK clothes (Gwang Beom and ripped jeans :bawling:), I teared up at that scene, because it is like a little image of how different their lives could be if they grew up in SK.

What 17 year old puts on an army uniform, when he should be in a school uniform? (Sobs)

side track a little: How did the term "ducklings" came about? Was it out of some pun, or because RJH was like their mama duck?

I got tears during that scene too. ED could have lead a normal student life: schooling, going home with family, playing some computer game...such mundane activities are luxuries that not everyone is lucky enough to have.

There are so many emotional non-romantic scenes...Sometimes I reminisce them and ask myself which one pulls my heartstring the most...Scene of the F4 sitting on the hill watching the sunset, scene of the broken bowl, scene of Eum Dong, scene of GSJ hiding as the beggar kids singing the hymn (that scene especially got me shivered), but the scene that literally make me shed a tear or two is the soccer match. It's supposed to be a funny scene but it touches me deeply...seeing how they all root for one Korea...that is what could have been in real life.

Kudos a thousand times to this drama not only because of the romance between the leads but also the beautiful and touching portrayals of culture, of the great division, and the awesome supporting cast.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, L A said:

I got tears during that scene too. ED could have lead a normal student life: schooling, going home with family, playing some computer game...such mundane activities are luxuries that not everyone is lucky enough to have.

There are so many emotional non-romantic scenes...Sometimes I reminisce them and ask myself which one pulls my heartstring the most...Scene of the F4 sitting on the hill watching the sunset, scene of the broken bowl, scene of Eum Dong, scene of GSJ hiding as the beggar kids singing the hymn (that scene especially got me shivered), but the scene that literally make me shed a tear or two is the soccer match. It's supposed to be a funny scene but it touches me deeply...seeing how they all root for one Korea...that is what could have been in real life.

Kudos a thousand times to this drama not only because of the romance between the leads but also the beautiful and touching portrayals of culture, of the great division, and the awesome supporting cast.

Thank you, thank you!
All the scenes you mentioned were the ones that really moved me! 
The hymn that the orphan sang while GSJ was hiding was really haunting, that it played in mind for days afterwards.

I think it was also like a foreshadow for GSJ's death.

The soccer match was one scene that I hold dear too. Pyo Chi Su scoffing at the idea of being excited over soccer, until he learnt that the match was between KR and Japan. At that moment, it didn't matter whether the KR players were from SK/NK, just that they are from KR.

Soccer really has a way to unite people :D

Though the show is fictional, I'm glad it has stirred more people to even pray desperately for the unification of SK and NK

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Not sure if this has been posted

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/why-crash-landing-on-you-wont-be-returning-for-a-season-2/

Why ‘Crash Landing on You’ Won’t be Returning for a Season 2

by Jacob Robinson  @JRobinsonWoN on February 19, 2020, 5:59 am EST

After an incredible season of television, Crash Landing on You has become the second-highest-rated cable drama in South Korean history. Naturally, many fans are clamoring to learn whether or not the K-Drama will return for a second season. Sadly, it’s highly unlikely Crash Landing on You will be returning for a second season and here’s why.

Crash Landing on You is a South Korean drama series created by the drama production Studio Dragon and written by Park Ji-Eun. The series saw The Negotiation cast members, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin reunite, meanwhile all sixteen episodes were directed by Romance is a Bonus Books’ Lee Jung-Hyo.

tvN can proudly boast seven of the top ten highest-rated cable dramas in South Korea, with Crash Landing on You sitting at the top of tvN and second highest in the country overall. It is only the second time that a cable television series has exceeded 20% of the nationwide audience.

After an incredible season of television, Crash Landing on You has become the second-highest-rated cable drama in South Korean history. Naturally, many fans are clamoring to learn whether or not the K-Drama will return for a second season. Sadly, it’s highly unlikely Crash Landing on You will be returning for a second season and here’s why.

Crash Landing on You is a South Korean drama series created by the drama production Studio Dragon and written by Park Ji-Eun. The series saw The Negotiation cast members, Hyun Bin and Son Ye-Jin reunite, meanwhile all sixteen episodes were directed by Romance is a Bonus Books’ Lee Jung-Hyo.

tvN can proudly boast seven of the top ten highest-rated cable dramas in South Korea, with Crash Landing on You sitting at the top of tvN and second highest in the country overall. It is only the second time that a cable television series has exceeded 20% of the nationwide audience.

Has Crash Landing on You been renewed for a second season?

Official Netflix Renewal Status: Pending (Last Updated: 19/02/2020)

At the time of writing Netflix and the South Korean television network tvN have yet to announce the future of Crash Landing on You. It’s to our understanding that a second season won’t be happening any time soon.

Very few shows in South Korea receive multiple seasons, with many shows written to only last one season.  There are some exceptions, such as Chief of Staff and Voice, but amongst the highest-rated cable dramas, sequel seasons are severely lacking. You can consider tvN’s Reply franchise, but that works more like an anthology, with each respective season taking place in a different year with different cast members.

There’s no denying the popularity of Crash Landing on You, and as the second-highest cable drama in South Korean history there will be plenty of conversations about its future.

Does Crash Landing on You require a second season?

That entirely depends on who you ask. For many fans, they would just be happy to see their favorite characters return again, whereas others are happy with how the series concluded.

The climax of the season ends with Jeong-hyuk and Se-ri reuniting in Switzerland, spending 2 weeks together on vacation. With the political tension between both nations, the star crossed lovers are unable to have a traditional relationship. It’s a bittersweet ending for the pair, but of least they are able to spend two weeks together at least once a year in the beautiful country of Switzerland.

As for the remaining characters, all of their respective stories have wrapped up nicely. Dan, despite finding love only for it to be cruelly taken away from her, has chosen to dedicate her life to music and playing the piano. The loveable four soldiers who fell in love with South Korean life, however, were on the hunt for some beauty products.

If a second season was to happen, the crux of the story would be the long-distance relationship between Jeong-hyuk and Se-ri. Naturally, the story would somehow have to end with the pair reuniting fully, and actually able to live together, get married and everything else that comes with being in love. As to how that happens is entirely up to the writing team!

Overall, many fans are happy with the outcome of Crash Landing on You.

In our opinion, it would be a shame to see an incredible drama end with an unnecessary second season.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1

2 minutes ago, Esteraela said:

I think it was also like a foreshadow for GSJ's death.

yes, and I'm so glad he gave his money away to the beggars, then bought a ring to Seo Dan...what a good way to redeem himself. 

The way SD told JH that he has gone to a faraway place and will never come back...I like to believe that he faked his death and lived happily somewhere that SD can frequent...such as Russia, and they write their own happy ending.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hibiscus23 said:

Reveal hidden contents

photo1155378.jpg

photo1155382.jpg

photo1155379.jpg

photo1155380.jpg

photo1155381.jpg

i'm wondering if the cast/crew went back just for the ending scenes? I had a feeling the ending scenes must have been shot already during their first few filming in Swiss? I may be wrong but just a thought! I welcome your insight :):)

They filmed the ending at the beginning... Along with scenes of RJH and Seri's earliest encounters... 

That what makes the ending more amazing and magical.. 

There's no chemistry and acting gap from Hyunbin and Son Yejin. Their acting at the ending scenes completely look like we're seeing RJH and Seri who are deeply in love and exuding all newlywed-vibes hahaa

11 hours ago, Esteraela said:

Question:

Some people are really unhappy with CLOY because Jeong Hyeok is cheating on Seo Dan.

How will you justify that JH was cheating on SD or not?

From one perspective, it can be considered as cheating. An engagement is an engagement, regardless whether there's love involved or not. 

But from another perspective, it can also be considered not cheating, because it was prearranged engagement and RJH never made any love commitment to Seo Dan. He's just doing everything out of obligations as a filial son.. He came clean to his fiancée anyway in episode 7 that he can't continue the engagement. He breaks it off and pursues Seri afterwards... 

16 hours ago, gladys57 said:

Am I the only who's been wondering how on earth did JH manage to send SR the lovely flower pot? He was in NK which made it totally impossible to do so.:w00t:

My guess is that compassionate NIS chief who taught JH how to send messages to SR. He's such a romantic guy too!:wub:

You can't send the messages if your phone isn't active if I'm not mistaken... 

So perhaps that NIS agent helped to keep that phone alive and send the flower delivery to Seri.. 

Perhaps it's also why he took a photo with the baby we all suspected to be RJH-YSR kid? It makes sense that the child takes a photo with Seri's dad.. But didn't we all wonder why NIS agent also takes photo with the child? Haha

12 hours ago, Xxyyxzm said:

Just a question. 

In the episode where  cho choel gang was on trial, I saw that Dan's uncle was nodding at the judge. Does it mean anything? I thought something fishy was going on but it wasnt explained anywhere. Cho also said that captain ri missed out on something.  Anyone have any idea what is it ? Thanks 

Anyone recall when was the first time rjh said I love you to se ri? 

About Dan's uncle.. We suspected and discussed the possibility of him being evil when the scene happened.. But at the end, I guess the note contained order to the judge to punish CK right away... 

Someone else has answered about I Love You thingy

• Like 4
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, L A said:

@Dana T no worries, just rewatch as many times as you can and come here and vent with us. I am reading all you guys' posts. I want to rewatch too but I'm so behind in my work so I need to catch up. I wish to have time to reminisce the scenes and try to write something...but now I need to focus. Thanks for still keeping this thread active, it's still my favorite time of the day reading the comments on here.

I see so many post grads here. I am a post grad too...hopefully getting the D in a year. It's always interesting to hear about ya'all backgrounds...and to see we come from all walks of life to support HB and SYJ is truly touching. Just like we all unite to root for that soccer match between Korea and Japan eh? :phew:

Good luck on your D! Better clear your head of CLOY 1st!  I'm using all my spare time rewatching but one productive thing that came out of it for me is that I've been learning to play RJH Song For My Brother on piano...I thought was such a beautiful melody. 

Just one more HB comment....was thinking about scene in MLKSS after they played piano and drank and she stumbled he grabbed her and as he was moving in to kiss her he said in a very low smooth voice "why aren't you closing your eyes this time".....I'd much rather he said that to SYJ!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

They filmed the ending at the beginning... Along with scenes of RJH and Seri's earliest encounters... 

That what makes the ending more amazing and magical.. 

There's no chemistry and acting gap from Hyunbin and Son Yejin. Their acting at the ending scenes completely look like we're seeing RJH and Seri who are deeply in love and exuding all newlywed-vibes hahaa

That's what I thought bc it wldnt make sense to film again just for the ending :) that wld be too costly! thnx for the insight comrade!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

May I know with regards to the picture of the baby please? I cannot find it anywhere. The one baby with Seri's Dad and baby with the NIS agent. Pretty please, can someone share with me. 

Also I love Seri' eyes, doey eyes that speak volume of emotion. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Dana T said:

Good luck on your D! Better clear your head of CLOY 1st!  I'm using all my spare time rewatching but one productive thing that came out of it for me is that I've been learning to play RJH Song For My Brother on piano...I thought was such a beautiful melody. 

Just one more HB comment....was thinking about scene in MLKSS after they played piano and drank and she stumbled he grabbed her and as he was moving in to kiss her he said in a very low smooth voice "why aren't you closing your eyes this time".....I'd much rather he said that to SYJ!

there was a little too much hitting in MNIKSS...other than that it's quite a comedic series. I loved how It did not follow the norm of a weak young beautiful girl and a chaebol...the ending was sorta open too. I found a fanfic from a commenter on this CLOY forum expanding the story of Sam Soon and Sam Shik...she gave them a satisfying ending and I loved it. HB back then...young and energetic and his acting was quite refreshing...he is not as reserved as he is right now (maybe because he didn't have the media attention back then).

Oh, and good luck on your piano practicing! I wish I know how to play piano so I can play that piece...maybe I will be like Sam Soon, save enough money then learn to play piano one day so I can play the favorite ones.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, babysiew said:

May I know with regards to the picture of the baby please? I cannot find it anywhere. The one baby with Seri's Dad and baby with the NIS agent. Pretty please, can someone share with me. 

Here you go...

EQghVdeU0AA7CJz.jpg

Also someone edited this pic to fulfill our dream. Oh I so wished to see this :wub:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, babysiew said:

Also I love Seri' eyes, doey eyes that speak volume of emotion. 

I remember I commented to that before but I cant find it anymore. I guess it was deleted.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, phoenixfire25 said:

Here you go...

Also someone edited this pic to fulfill our dream. Oh I so wished to see this :wub:

Thank you so much!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks!
  • Like 1

A question once again, comrades. Thank you in advance.

In Ep 10, there's a scene where Seri was waiting for the green light at the road intersection when she saw a kite and she stared at it quite long. Is there a symbolism there? Or the kite reminded her of her paragliding incident? What's your interpretation of this? :)

it's funny that i check updates in this forum more than i do with fb. Im ignoring fb nowadays. Haha!

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, Samnamu-unnie said:

A question once again, comrades. Thank you in advance.

In Ep 10, there's a scene where Seri was waiting for the green light at the road intersection when she saw a kite and she stared at it quite long. Is there a symbolism there? Or the kite reminded her of her paragliding incident? 

it's funny that i check updates in this forum more than i do with fb. Im ignoring fb nowadays. Haha!

i believe you see that same kite in NK in the next scene. 

• Like 7