[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'll defer to you on this one since my exposure to people of North Korean background is very limited. However, there are different levels of formal speech in Korean, both Northern and Southern. While JH does not use the form of speech that he uses to address superiors, (just as a SK person would speak to his superiors, especially in the military differently than he might to a stranger while still speaking in jondae to both) he does not seem to drop down to addressing SR in an informal manner, just a less formal manner.

True. Kdramas are definitely evolving in terms of acting, direction, writing, production values, etc. Heck, even the makjang dramas are becoming more twisty and makjang. :)

Actually, watching todays ep made me realize that i was in fact wrong to think the -yo that RJH uses when he speaks to YSR is not the same as the -yo used in- lets call it first degree formal south korean speech (especially when SD switched from formal to informal speech with GSJ while drunk). You are right he does use the first degree formal speech with YSR most of the time but since the beginning, he switches between formal and informal speech with her just like she does, a thing that happens a lot in dramas between leads that uses formal speech. 

So just like in south korean language, theres several degrees of formal speeches (-yo, -meeka). The fact that north koreans use more often and most of the time the highest level of formal speech (-meeka) got me confused, my bad :). 

and yess! It is so exciting to see how the plots are more and more complex and deep with time and the increased depth of characters. YSR is actually the perfect example. She is not just an illegitimate child that was rejected by her family. Depression, suicidal thoughts, rebirth, success in the loneliness, we see all of it. Her stepmother doesnt just hate her, she hate her while loving her, and so on. I cant imagine that depth being dealt with in a drama a few years back.

10 hours ago, greezlybee said:

the one drama that makes me log back in to soompi. HI EVERYONE or if i may say COMRADES! i don’t have the time to read previous pages so... sorry if someone already post what im posting hehehe. 

tonight’s episode is heartbreaking in a comical way which is mind blowing! along the way of their last goodbye, i secretly hoped that CG gets them so that our SR and JH can spend another eternity lol. but of course, i can’t wait to see SR crash landing on everyone’s butt back in SK!!! except the two men :)

my favorite favorite scene of the whole episode:

the whole in-laws and kiss scene can’t compare. this is the most purest thing.... look at his gaze :tears: i so can’t watch the next episode... watching his dull eyes, longing for someone he can no longer see..... at least for now. 

if they don’t get back together for good, be it in SK NK or even the desert, i swear i will find a way to email the writer and make them shoot all over again. YES, MUST PROTECT SR JH AT ALL COST! how am i going to survive the one week break after tomorrow’s episode?! *wails in 100 languages* 

But dont you think that since he crossed the border he will somehow end up having to stay in the south, be it because they will be caught by SK soldiers or something else? It would be so interesting to see RJH hiding in the south and adjust to YSR's life this time around. 

Aaarf...that onr week without CLOY..ottokae!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, charray said:

This drama had helped me to appreciate the looks, appeal and acting chops of Hyun Bin and in the process had been converted to become a new fan of Hyun Bin. I was not a fan of Hyun Bin previously and this is actually my first Hyun Bin drama. I started this drama more for Son Ye Jin initially.

I really like his interpretation and portrayal of Ri Jung Heok. His acting really nailed it for many memorable scenes. Like the ending scene of episode 8, when he received the call from Seri. In episode 9, where Seri was going to the piano to play the piano, he had this look on his face which is partly indulgent and amused and partly condescending and patronising but once she started playing the tune, his expression changed. I thought that was so good. 

Welcome into Hyun bin's fandom :). Now you have to watch Secret garden! Dont thank me, its a pleasure to share this piece of hapiness lol

• Like 5

Comrades! 

I’ll continue talking about my delusional theories... because why not? 

In the ending of episode 9

Netflix 1:18

YSR talks about it was fate they encounter in Switzerland and again in NK. Capitan Ri stays in silence, just looking her with his amazing melo eyes. But we know (Mister Ri likes to not talk about things)... 

And she asked: - What is this? 
And RJH, maybe try to say something but he doesn’t and he kinda change the direction to... You can date man....

So... I firmly believe there’s more things that happened in Switzerland... and he didn’t have the courage to talk about in that moment!

This scene caught my attention and rewatched a couple of times just to sure I wasn’t being thaaat much delusional...

Comrades, give some light!

• Like 13

:cold_sweat: well ep 9 must be good because it got my eyes to water  all on their own.... happy and sad , but at least its better to have known love than be a zombie all life :heart: ...so whatever happens in the rest of the episodes , at least they gave it their all .

I hope she sees her Comrades again and they see her ,..they could do so much if they got together and Korea would birth a new renaissance .   

And did you guys see our village comrades, no matter how poor,   they are more generous than a lot of other people i know...so i am still sending love to those women and praising their endurance and trust in their national treasure....good man are hard to find LOL  

Forgot to mention "those shoulders"  comrades , you are not wrong we also think he is special .

• Like 15

5 hours ago, Keroppi said:

I agree. They deserve more glory especially Master Sergeant Pyo Chi Soo, SR’s bff. I want more of their banters in SK. Please writer-nim. Make my wish come true. 

Also, with regard to the logic behind SR’s escape route, if I understood correctly, what made it easy this time for SR to escape undetected was the scheme JH plotted ( there deserter causing an emergency shift) and also the fake lead which drew CK to JH’s parents’ house so CK is busy in Pyongyang. 

Correct me if I’m wrong comrades.

Yes she could escape thanks to RJH and the boys being sent back on the frontline and them knowing better than anybody the area. I think the writer wanted to emphasize that unless you are able to go to that area (have to be a soldier) and know the road, you cant find your way to the south

• Like 8

Found this, fave scene from ep 9.

5 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Brokenwings I’m looking these expressions he give us every week :joy:  

That's why I love this scenes so much.  He has successfully acted so much of innocence, child-like and very much in love :)

Can't help to fall more for his smiles, Mr. Dimples :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Daiana Westphal said:

Comrades! 

I’ll continue talking about my delusional theories... because why not? 

In the ending of episode 9

Netflix 1:18

YSR talks about it was fate they encounter in Switzerland and again in NK. Capitan Ri stays in silence, just looking her with his amazing melo eyes. But we know (Mister Ri likes to not talk about things)... 

And she asked: - What is this? 
And RJH, maybe try to say something but he doesn’t and he kinda change the direction to... You can date man....

So... I firmly believe there’s more things that happened in Switzerland... and he didn’t have the courage to talk about in that moment!

This scene caught my attention and rewatched a couple of times just to sure I wasn’t being thaaat much delusional...

Comrades, give some light!

Maybe he remembered that she was the one he saved (again) from jumping from the bridge and the one that took the picture of SD and him

• Like 5

1 hour ago, dulcinea1 said:

Ratings episode 9 (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 11.516

Seoul: 12.355

(New record :D)

Thanks for the update! Always happy for the team when their ratings increase! They really deserve this for all the hard work and effort!!! Congrats CLOY team! :heart:

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Kimsungrin said:

Maybe he remembered that she was the one he saved (again) from jumping from the bridge and the one that took the picture of SD and him

Why he doesn't say anything...

I love Capitan Ri personality and honor, he have a big heart and is a complex character, but mannnnnn

PLEASE TELL US EVERYTHING!!!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, MadraRua said:

High five to us discerning ahjummas :w00t: The chemistry is off the charts, I love them. The captain is such a strong silent type but shows his admiration in little ways. The smuggled goods he bought for her from the South.... just... SWOON :wub:

lol did u just say ahjummas bc of classic kdramas? :w00t: hahaha! yes their chem is out of this world! yup he did/does everything for her love & he's such a sweetie!

cr: YT

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, a15t3 said:

That's why I love this scenes so much.  He has successfully acted so much of innocence, child-like and very much in love :)

I love all his expression, I think this episode loved his face expression, when the queen bee husband shoulder hug him :joy:

15793928201579392808.gif

15793930891579393085.gif

Queen bee : # Ok let’s send one of the husband to check these shoulder :joy:

15793935821579393576.gif

• Like 3
  • LOL 16

10 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

lol did u just say ahjummas bc of classic kdramas? :w00t: hahaha! yes their chem is out of this world! yup he did/does everything for her love & he's such a sweetie!

LOL

Yes I did but really I'm speaking for myself :phew:

So jealous of you young things and I'm.. well.....

ANCIENT :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

But I think the writer is very smart and has also done her homework. Here's my thot :

- there's one scene in Ep 9 where it shows there was a defector and alarm was sounded. I was wondering earlier "so what", who's the defector and why is this important?

- after the episode ended, I was thinking about how JH and his team was called for "emergency switching". At first was wondering "what the heck is that?" My guess is that, the defector must have been one of the soldiers of the present army unit guarding the DMZ. So once something like that happens, they need to do "emergency switching" to another army unit. And JH must have found about the defector incident and asked the Senior Colonel that his unit be the one given that "emergency switching".

- JH is really one smart and fast-thinking guy. The opportunity was only there out of coincidence, and he took it immediately so that he can transport SR safely back to SK.

Again, salute to writer-nim!!

As for why they can cross the border so easily, since JH's army unit took over DMZ after the emergency switching, he probably has full control of it and hence was able to lead SR across the border without the NK army stopping them. (probably it's not that simple in real NK life but hey, it's kdrama!)

That's my theory!! Other thots and discussion will be most welcome!!

I second this theory and also thought that JH is a smart guy.

So maybe JH and his team will be sent to SK to capture that defector? I’m wondering if that would be Kim Soohyun cameo

• Like 7

I've repeated episode 09 this morning before the mandatory house chores and looking forward to 6pm KST for the release of CLoY Part 5 OST on YouTube. This drama obviously brings a lot of joy and happpiness to my mundane routine daily life. The last time I felt like this was when Goblin was aired and after that KDrama was only to fill my free time. But this CLoY, well I fit it into my daily schedule, be it the new episode and the repeated ones. I am scared to think of the withdrawal symptoms which I will have after it ends end of Feb LOL

Hyun Bin & Ye Jin are great storytellers, so so great that they have made me forget that this is not real life scenarios and I honestly have invested my feelings embedded with CLoY. Same goes to all the supporting actors in CLoY. I do not hate Seo Dan as I can see clearly how deep is her love towards Jeong Hyeok and she would be willing to do anything to have him as her husband, because of her love, but unfortunately, Jeong Hyeok does not love her back as how he loves Seri. Sigh, c'est la vie. Seo Dan, I hope she too will have a happy ending in CLoY as she also deserves one.

Although I am not familiar with North Korea's real situation apart from defectors' story which I watched on YouTube, we are all aware that at the end of the day, they are human too.. with loving families, human needs such as love and care. I still cant get (out of my head) Jeong Hyeok's father's reaction when he saw how lovey dovey this lovebird can be in front of him and his wife LOL! Teared and laughed at the same time. 

Keep your guesses on next episodes coming in here in forum as I love love reading all the guesses, assumptions, pictures, gifs and videos. I really appreciate all of them. Saranghae.

Love from me to all comrades here.

• Like 15

3 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Since many of the comrades here are providing so much insightful details and analyses of the current episode, I can only contribute to some trivia about political background. 

Yes, it's a drama which is more inclined to fantasy. But what makes CLOY interesting for me is the way the writer weaves the story to be as "close" and as"accurate" as it can be to the real-life situation. Some things are exaggerated (paragliding, for instance...though it's written to be more "make sense" with the rules of non-motoric object flying over so it won't be detected by radars + natural disaster to enable the security measures to be defunct), but some are made to be precisely mimicking the current situation (i.e: students' uniforms which are made to reflect the changing era in NK). 

The highlight in this episode should be Seri's way back...which seems to be easy and 'comfortable' compared to any other options RJH has offered her. 

Is it plausible? Can it really happen irl? I saw those questions are being posed. 

It's quite plausible. 

Pyo Chisoo noted that they went to the route to the South which has been de-mined. Such road exists. Though not many people are aware, or able to access it. DMZ is heavily guarded with all heavy security measures...but let's not forget it's 250 km long and 4-5 km wide (Junghyuk only brought Seri to the border of Northern Limit Line which is 2 km wide, btw). There's bound to be a "hole" where it isn't guarded. However, it's not easily accessible even without being guarded due to at least 2 reasons: wildlife and landmines. 

Now landmines. Chisoo also mentioned that the road is cleared of landmines. Such landmines are forbidden under International Law and both Koreas have signed and ratified the law to disarm and not to plant more landmines across the DMZ (or anywhere within territory). 

However, they've both failed to comply with the law because of two reasons, at least. First, there's been MILLIONS of landmines within NLL and SLL (North - South Limit Line) and it's predicted that it'd take 250 years for both of them to de-mine. It's extremely dangerous and difficult to do so. They have to do it manually since it's buried and pretty undetected and many landmines are shifted around within the 70 years of separation due to natural causes. Both Koreas have tried to de-mine (either jointly and separately) some areas since the early Sunshine policy period and the current period (2017 Panmunjeom Declaration)... So some lands/border points are free of mine already...which are closer to where Company 5 in the drama is supposedly posted (I suppose it's within Gyeongi-do borderline since they can see Bukhansan...not the ones in Gangwon-do) in the drama. 

As pointed out in this thread, if there's such an 'easy way' then many NK people would've been defected. But it's not that easy, since it's not accessible. Soldiers may defect through that road if they're familiar enough with the area...the drama touched it a little bit in this episode and there are few occurrences where soldiers would defect by simply crossing JSA border (it's not that easy since it's even more heavily guarded...even if one tries, he/she could've been shot on the spot by either side...or sent back for being suspected as a spy). Also, both Koreas are reluctant to remove the landmines for security reasons. Demining means that people can defect to either Koreas more easily and also make either Koreas more vulnerable to attacks from either side (remember that they're only having CEASEFIRE agreement. The war has not ended, yet). That's why they also maintain the landmines as a part of front-line defense measure. 

Back to the drama, the road Seri's taken to go back to the South is actually plausible...though it's not as easy as it's depicted in the drama hehe. 

Edit:

Possible ending. 

I mentioned once here that I'm inclined Junghyuk would defect to be with Seri...cuz maintaining respective citizenship isn't possible (even with them being in Switzerland). Seri defecting wouldn't sit well with SK audience. 

Another possibility: fantasy Reunification...which is possible since it's a "drama". But then again it might not sit well with SK audiences since currently the NK-SK relationship is cold. I wouldn't rule out this possibility, though. 

One possibility that's plausible yet I haven't seen it being mentioned: signing peace treaty to end Korean War. Once it's signed, both countries can treat each other normally, meaning people and goods and everything can pass border [more] easily. It does not mean Reunification...only two separate countries. 

Thank you for this very insightful info on the geo-political backdrop. I've never really known much abt the SK-NK divide, but thanks to this drama I'm so intrigued by it now. If only I was as focused and as diligent as this when studying history back in school (or had history/social studies lessons come alive by amazing dramas and Hyunbin lol!). 

Love the peace treaty possibility! It doesn't seem as far-fetched as reunification or defection and might be the most diplomatic option the writer has. 

And looking at your name.... Seolma.... Are you an Orange? Cos Omo! I am a fan of another Junghyuk too and I think I've read your blog before :)

• Like 6