[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

Not exactly ParkBai situation, but the sentiments seem applicable:

Yes, it's sad to belong to someone else,
When the right one comes along.

So I'll live my life in a dream world,
For the rest of my days.
Just you and me walking hand in hand,
In a wishful memory...
Oh, I guess it's all that it will ever be...

Sung by England Dan and John Ford Coley.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

So much feels from everyone. :wub:

I’m glad this came out...I need it to calm my heart...

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, forwww said:

Did Tami let go of her life ideals and views on marriage? No. I think it's fairly shown from the start that she won't change her ideals over anything. And I accept this, wholeheartedly. *But that doesn't mean they can't reach a compromise, does it?* Anyway, what did she let go then? First, her pride. When she came to him with an excuse of the earrings. Next, her guilt. I guess her guilt never really left since she felt it for him when he lost his job because of her. She just learned to call it differently: pity, affection, and maybe even love. But it's there. She is guilty of accepting to push through the relationship even if it will eventually reach to an end because of her. And that hinders both of them because she let her mind focus on that while Mogun doesn't. The partner to her guilt was respect. She respects Mogun's dream of having a family and being married so much that even though he was no intentions of using that against her, she feels it as if choosing to be with him will take away the only thing that will make him truly happy. So how dare she tells him she loves him? That is just selfish on her part. And as someone who doesn't want to step on others or hurt them in any way- she can't accept this. All while she's preventing this to happen, she realized how much she hurt him.

Sorry to cut your incredible post. I adored everything about it. But this part specially resonated with me because you explained TM and PM’s dynamic perfectly. 

Spoiler

I watched episode 14 raw and the piano teacher mentioned something about pity..now I wonder like TMs love rooted in guilt. Is the piano teachers rooted in pity? Just fascinating how love kind of blossoms from so many other emotions.

2 hours ago, J13 said:

That was such a badass satisfying ending. I absolutely love the girl power vibes and the fierceness of each of our female leads. So awesome seeing TM and CH hold hands to unite and I love when Brian returned to save the day. The contrast to GG then walking into Unicon as the new CEO was just so epic. Two very strong competing teams! Can Baro and Unicon just unite now!? Wouldn't that be epic!

Oh my goodness I cannot emphasize enough how much I love for the girl power in this show!! Please please writernims pdnims everyone in kdrama showbiz keep these kind of kdramas coming !!!!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

43 minutes ago, thistle said:

Well, I've been pissy about it since about episode 2, so you are not alone!  :lol:

I love the other two couples but I think that Tammy and Morgan should never have met and should not be together.  Sometimes love and sexual attraction are just not enough to make a relationship work.

While I agree that love and sexual attraction are not always enough to make a relationship work, I don't know that I would say that TM and MG should never have met nor been together. As MG said at the end in this most recent episode, they did love each other and their love had been meaningful. Whether they can actually be together or not, however, takes both of them to be committed. Heck, with any couple, even if they are committed to each other, the relationship will probably go through hard times. One can't start a relationship with nothing but reservations, however, as TM seems to have done.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Sorry to cut your incredible post. I adored everything about it. But this part specially resonated with me because you explained TM and PM’s dynamic perfectly. 

Reveal hidden contents

I watched episode 14 raw and the piano teacher mentioned something about pity..now I wonder like TMs love rooted in guilt. Is the piano teachers rooted in pity? Just fascinating how love kind of blossoms from so many other emotions.

Waaa, thanks! All credits to the writer honestly since she made her characters and their motivations humane.

About guilt... I think her love didn't root from that. Instead, it was hindered by it. When one feels guilty towards someone, they burden themselves of the responsibility for their emotions. They feel the need to compensate for what they have done in order to free themselves from it.

Problem with Tami was she feeling guilty before there was any reason to be yet. Mogun wholeheartedly accepts her and her values so why can't she just be selfish and want what she wants? Like what @stroppyse said, she was thinking of the far future when Mogun was only thinking of the now. Through time, her guilt evolved, matured and mislead her into thinking she is doing the best for Mogun and his future when in reality, she was already hurting him.

I agree that there can be many emotions that roots from guilt, and it's not a bad thing! Like all emotions, it's the misuse and abuse of it that makes it bad. And in this case, I think Tami misused it.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

34 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

While I agree that love and sexual attraction are not always enough to make a relationship work, I don't know that I would say that TM and MG should never have met nor been together. As MG said at the end in this most recent episode, they did love each other and their love had been meaningful. Whether they can actually be together or not, however, takes both of them to be committed. Heck, with any couple, even if they are committed to each other, the relationship will probably go through hard times. One can't start a relationship with nothing but reservations, however, as TM seems to have done.

A healthy love relationship helps to increase the good facets of both people.  They become more of all the worthwhile things that they already are.

Tammy and Morgan's relationship is the opposite.  It is diminishing to both of them.  Hence, I don't think they should be together.  They can't compromise equally, and they are both hurting one another.  That is an unhealthy relationship.  It's not good for either of them.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Sad MG.  I just can't.  Even seeing KU CEO go down won't help.   I think I'll have to refrain from watching the last two episodes until I know there's a happy ending for TM and MG.  I'm in that camp.

Edited by Flaneur2
typo
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Flaneur2 said:

Sad MG.  I just can't.  Even seeing KU CEO go down won't help.   I think I'll have to refrain from watching the last two episodes until I see a happy ending for TM and MG.  I'm in that camp.

Even though I think that they should not be together (that is certainly what I would say about a real life couple in their unhappy and unhealthy situation), I am still rooting for a happy ending of some kind for all three couples in this drama. 

• Like 6

Good on Scarlett on makin' the first move!:wub: Her dress was really pweeettyyy~:D When she was rambling, I legit yelled at my laptop screen (to Ji-Hwan) "Kiss her back you fool!"^_^:P And of course he did YaY (happy dance) Then he tried to block her from watchin' his kissing scenes LMFAo!:w00t: Their relationship is really that of a teenage young love eventhough they're both wayyy past their teens:lol: I guess their next hurdle will be to survive his army service...stay strong Scarlett/Ji-Hwan.

I really think Ji-Hwan & Mo-Gan should keep their bangs slicked back, they look hotter that way eheheh. Mo-Gan's teary face at the end...:tears: but it needed to be done. It was tiring, maybe time apart will do them both good. The Da-In revelation was so left field but typical in most K-Dramas when they want to add tension to a OTP dynamic.

I honestly couldn't understand what Ga-Gyeong was muttering in English, the Na lady was much worse, laughable even. Thank goodness for subs.

• Like 9

I like TM. I like MG. Individually. Couple together? I watched it as a disinterested 3rd party.

Cha Hyeon- nim tonight however? God. Those 2 are saccharine sweet together. Cha Hyeon's earnestness and then his earnest confessions just slayed me. It doesn't hurt that he has a deep swoony smooth voice.

In fact all 3 male leads have deep baritone voices. Was it deliberate casting?

Ah.. that's why I love romance in a Kdrama. So good. So so good. Didn't you guys squeal with what he said? If I was a swoony sort of person I would have.

Scarlett being a drama fan and wanting to watch the climax and swiping him aside. Then him knowing what's coming made me laugh so much. Him trying to explain made me chuckle even more. Her trying to fast forward the relationship because he is leaving has been hilarious.

I am a happy, happy drama viewer.

JW and GG has been interesting to watch. Their vibes are totally different. Intense and suppressed. Her father is an a- hole douchebag and so self centred. They were so cool at the movie premier. She wore a dress just to take a photo with him right? I would squeal but it's so SGG.  You mean they haven't taken a photo before? At this point their relationship has been so business- like I am not even sure they lived together from day one. Ever.

Ok. Ta Mi. Do I really have to talk about her? Short sumarry. She has a right to feel what she feels. Misguided or neurotic or off- tangent. She has been a workaholic and in control of her destiny. She wants to be in control. Marriage is not on her radar much less marriage to a younger man who has the love and fairytale ending. 

She is probably going crazy thinking of all the possible scenarios. After all she is good at predicting future trends at her job. I agree with her logical conclusions of the possible future. People like that cannot or it's hard to sway their opinions. Let her go stew on it till she reaches a conclusion she is at peace with.

Whether MG will wait for her when she reaches her conclusion is another matter. But isn't that the point? He is young. He has time. He has someone ready to be his forever. It needs not be Ta Mi. You guys say he wants Ta Mi? Fine then. When she reaches the conclusion he will be there. Isn't that love? Love is patient blah blah blah.

That was all hogwash. I don't really care for the Ta Mi and Mo Geun couple. They don't rock my boat. However  I can sympathise with Ta Mi. That is why I am writing. She has spent like 15 years on Unicon trying to predict what the consumers want. To make things perfect. Why would anyone expect a workaholic perfectionist to suddenly accept something uncontrollable as present love. When it doesn't make sense loving a 10yr younger guy who wants marriage and kids to work?

I woudn't.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 2

Just watch the subbed episode. I laughed (Thanks Scarlett, you brought so much joy in the midst of the outburst of emotions), I teared. Such a beautiful and intelligent script that grabbed at the heart, often. Will likely rewatch some scenes over and over again during the week. I think I need to “heal” from feeling the pain of our OTP. 

Someone mentioned this writer has surpassed Kim Eun Sook? I don’t know this writer’s name or work but this drama is definitely up there with the “heavyweights”, in my enjoyment. :wub:

I am tired. I guessed like the OTP,  sometimes you have invested in the relationship deeper than you allowed it or realized it. I won’t try to analyze the OTP’s every emotion and decision anymore. All I know is this process of Ta Mi’s vulnerability and push&pull emotional state resonate, even as she has to deliver and delivering her best at work. And I totally get Morgan’s vulnerability and trauma from past/baggage. 

I just hope for a good ending, however it may be. Writer-nim & PD-nim (More rain/flower petal flurries?) Hwaiting :wub:

• Like 5

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Tammy and Morgan's relationship is the opposite.  It is diminishing to both of them.  Hence, I don't think they should be together.  They can't compromise equally, and they are both hurting one another.  That is an unhealthy relationship.  It's not good for either of them.

Hmm, I'm not sure that I agree that the relationship is diminishing for both of them. More importantly, despite their current world of hurt, there is no reason why the two characters as they have been written couldn't have a happy life together.

I think Morgan has been very supportive of TM, albeit he probably doesn't have a deep understanding of what TM does at Barro. Also, TM has been supportive of MG's work and pretty much everything other than his desire to be with her. In other ways, they could complement each other with each other's strengths compensating for the other's weaknesses, e.g. MG is the cleaner while TM doesn't like to do so, and TM is clearly more of a planner than MG which can come in handy for a lot of things. They're just different people. I don't think that they are intrinsically bad for each other. If TM was really a friend of mine, I would tell her to get her head out of her navel and being so fearful of the future that she can't appreciate loving and being loved. To paraphrase MG from a previous episode, all relationships end for one reason or another whether because of a life reason or from death, so why not choose to go where one's heart takes one.

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

Totally into the Scarlett jihwan pairing and that young actor is really good... did someone say he was 21 in RL????

If he continues like this...he will have a bright future...

It's really interesting this chemi... between a totally badass chick whose super soft side gets totally drawn out by this pure soul...

Also funny that in his previous makjang role... he was also a complete thug... 

Really like how the work drama is also panning out though didn't appreciate that's slightly old school CEO with his goons...

• Like 6

Finally.  I can respect Tammy and Morgan.  They needed this break up.  It had to happen.

What Tammy said was perfect:  Love doesn't solve everything.  Sometimes it can ruin the life you've drawn for yourself.  Your love might end up destroying the life of a loved one.  Are you okay with that?  As the destroyer in this scenario, I'm not.

Tammy had to own the fact that her relationship worries about Morgan were dragging her down and making her struggle.  And Morgan finally understands that she is not okay with him having to give up his hope for the future.  His lack of understanding was keeping him the underdog in this relationship, and it was making him weaker. 

This is what I mean about being diminished. The relationship was damaging both of them Because they loved each other too much to let go.  

The most loving and brave thing a person can do is walk away when their love is hurting the person they love.  

Oddly enough, facing these most terrible truths can actually help their relationship succeed if they find one another again because now they both know what is real and what is damaging.  This break up brings them back on an even footing because now Tammy isn't the only one who has to be emotionally strong.  Morgan has to face what he really wants instead of just denying himself.  

The roses in the garden of love have real thorns on them.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

Have been following the discussion on this thread and saw many insightful comments.

just a random thought - since the focus of this kdrama is largely on female with strong characters. Will the ending be that none of them end up with the men? They could be just part of the story but not your typical happily ever after ending? 

This will be sad but not impossible. There was a scene of Scarlett and SJH which we havn’t see  as well. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I will definitely miss this drama when it ends next week.  The intelligent dialogue and discourse, the strong and interesting characters, the relationships.... I hope the writer makes more dramas like this in the future.  From the viewpoints presented in this forum, you can see that it succeeded in making us think and reflect on different issues and how we related and reacted to the different characters.  I always find it interesting to read other people’s viewpoints because I want to learn and understand their thoughts besides my own and I hope that when I share my thoughts, that people will also feel the same way.

Anyway, special shoutout on the work stories.  I especially appreciate Brian, his leadership style.  His being a mentor to Tammy and Tammy being a mentor to Ellie are so good to watch

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 1

I am expecting an open ending actually since SJH is in the military. SGG is still retaining her independence. TM will probably be shown having a bit of trust and leave the future to pan itself out.

It's not exactly a wedding and children sort of drama. Plus honestly I like their work. And I want them to continue to work. Maybe not so much overtime but yeah continue working.

I can't actually see how they can have a firm happy ending with the way the plots or rather characters are written. They are still changing.

It's good. It might actually suit the drama. All I know is the writer is really good. The lines are well written. Did I read right that it's a rookie writer? Really????

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, millicom said:

I always find it interesting to read other people’s viewpoints because I want to learn and understand their thoughts besides my own and I hope that when I share my thoughts, that people will also feel the same way.

I'm glad to hear someone who thinks as I do.  :)

Some people will be receptive and considerate; some won't (I've been on the receiving end of the "won't" bunch on a different thread recently; it wasn't pleasant). 

Personally I like to read differing opinions (as long as they are offered respectfully) because it really helps me to re-formulate my own opinions on what I'm watching.....after all, I may have a strong feeling about a drama but I can easily be wrong.  Hearing the opposite side can confirm one way or another, or it may lead me in a new direction altogether.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts about this drama.  And I think we're all rooting for the leads, even when we don't agree with the leads (or one another).

Despite what it might sound like sometimes, I don't dislike Tammy and Morgan.  I just think their relationship has been a mess.  Actually really liking the actors in those roles--they are definitely bringing home the drama, in a good way.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jbying7 said:

Someone mentioned this writer has surpassed Kim Eun Sook? I don’t know this writer’s name or work but this drama is definitely up there with the “heavyweights”, in my enjoyment. :wub:

It was me. The writer is Ms Kwon DoEun and Search:WWW is her debut work. I mentioned Kim EunSook because she was formally from Kim EunSook's writing team before heading this drama herself. 

I can see Kim EunSook's influence in this drama's snappy, witty dialogue, but I think Kwon EunDo has far surpassed her mentor by actually creating deep, human, believable characters (see how we're all arguing about TaMi and MoGun) and holding the excitement all the way to the end. 

Good job!

• Like 5
  • Love 3

I suddenly recalled that one of the last days of filming PMG was at the school compound and it showed him scribbling something on the steps. He had a jacket on so can’t be the scene from ep 14.

So i think we might have a good ending for TM and MG. 

Just my delusional mind acting up. Anyone feels the same? 

• Like 6