[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

I think this is a first that this thread has jumped so many pages after an episode... I had a hard time catching up with all the great posts!!

Since many have written so well about our three couples, I will just take this chance to shout out:

THEY KISSED!! MY SHIP FINALLY SAILED!!! :mrgreen:

@thistle Love your point about diminishing each other and how it is an unhealthy relationship. Fully agree. I'm glad to see them breaking up now (me want to hug MG), although I really don't mind seeing Writer have them together again before the drama ends, with some growth from TM of course. Why can't she change her view on marriage? ie. wanting to be married so as to remain with someone she loves. Change is growth. Nothing wrong with that. When you love someone, you'd be willing to change yourself. Not because the other person demands it, but because you want to, willingly, so as to make that person happy. It doesn't make her less a Tammy. Someone in the thread mentioned about the practicality of being legally married, ie. to sign for administrative papers for your spouse, esp. in emergency situation. This is a very real issue. What will she do if let's say Morgan got into an accident and requires immediate medical action? She's going to go look for his parents first and wait for them to arrive to sign the papers for him? Anyway.... looking forward to a great finale week! I have faith in this Writer.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I honestly couldn't understand what Ga-Gyeong was muttering in English, the Na lady was much worse, laughable even. Thank goodness for subs.

Is it just me or do the American actors in this show working for Unicon global call it UNICORN??

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Is it just me or do the American actors in this show working for Unicon global call it UNICORN??

Well, the Chinese subs translate it literally to “unicorn” the creature as the name of company, when the spelling is clearly not.

Anyway, there are unicorn companies for those who are not aware. So the company name in the drama Unicon is a play on reference to unicorn companies. 

Hi.. silent lurker here...

I just have 1 question .... has PMG ever said the 3 magical words to BTM yet ? I can't seem to remember :huh: Well if he hasnt, then am keeping my fingers crossed that he'll say it next week ...and there we go....a very happy ending...

OK... back to my stealth mode..and i'll be listening to Lee Hi's Breathe everyday till next Wed !!!

Perhaps, the writer is using the three couples to depict the stages of, not so much romance, but as of a relationship.

JH and CH is the initial stage of giddiness and euphoria where everything is beautiful.  Enjoying, without thought of anything else. :wub:

Passing beyond the initial stage, TM and MG is the next stage of contemplating the future with or without one  another.  Happiness and/or individualism at stake. :mellow:

And, GG and JW is the stage of learning the boundaries to which one can compromise, and deny ones real self, for the sake of a relationship. :huh:

For the ending, I see three couples who have learned more about themselves --- in what they most value, how much they can give of themselves without feeling like it is penance, and how much not to worry about the future and enjoy the present.

Out of all three women, it is TM who has had to have  the strongest mindset for working in a competitive world.  She is the one who has climbed to her level, at Unicon, absolutely on her own skills.  Her success came from being totally goal-oriented and  completely focused on achieving her results by being thorough and all encompassing in her insights.  And, her goal was achieved by manipulating users into the direction that TM wanted them to go or do.

So, it is no surprise that she evaluates and looks for finite answers to her relationship the same way she does with her projects.  It seems she is aware of how her brain works, which is why she is so concerned that she may be manipulating PM into a stance that negatively affect his dream and desires.

The meta on daily dramas is hilarious.  "The truth is that I am not 33 yrs old, but 66 yrs old."  The tell-tale mole on the neck.  They are making the ridiculous even more ridiculous. :w00t:

My compromise (not that it matters, of course ): Mo will love Mi for 1000 years and continue to fight with the right mindset to rescue her (from her own confinement) . Anything.  But not with the piano teacher.  Just no.  #mimoforever

16 hours ago, snitchdream08 said:

But i still don't get it when morgan said "I get it now bla bla bla..its better I didn't understand because if I understand we must have to break up". What's the point he got?

My understanding is this ties back to when Morgan was waiting for Tami outside of Barro, the show repeated a scene from ep8 whereby in order for them to be happy together Tami said "... then one of us will have to cave in. Either you will never experience marriage, or I'm forced to have marriage in my life. One of us will have to sacrifice in the name of love. Is it right to start a relationship? If neither is willing to do so, we'll have to end our relationship."

At the school, Morgan said "He thought if he's OK with no marriage, it'd be OK... but it's not... he understands now." I think it's important to take into account their conversation (as above) his decision. Other than realising Tami's POV (not wanting to be a destroyer of his dream) from his mother, he also realised he too is unwilling to let go of wanting to be married. These were supported by two scenes of him showing he still want marriage: (1) when Tami suggested to live together (2) telling Da In of course he wants to be married but he can't do it alone. Tami saw his disappointed face from #1 and heard it indirectly from Da In for #2. It's from these incidents onwards that their relationship went downhill.

It takes two to tango. Tami had been crystal clear she doesn't want marriage, and doesn't intend to change her mind. On the other hand, Morgan even though believe he could do without marriage he wasn't being convincing. Just like how Morgan could sense Tami is withholding herself, Tami also can sense he still wants marriage from her.

1 hour ago, snitchdream08 said:

But i still don't get it when morgan said "I get it now bla bla bla..its better I didn't understand because if I understand we must have to break up". What's the point he got?

Their main issue is that, MG is ok with their situation, with him possibly not marrying in the future just to be with TM. But TM is not ok with it. 

So, by not understanding that it's an issue, he can pretend that because he's ok with it, then, everything will be ok, if not now, at least at some point. But by understanding, it means he has to give up TM because it's finally accepting that there's no way for them to move forward and have a good future together if TM has that mindset. So, they should break up now since there's no point in continuing to something that's unsolvable. I think this is his point.

And I think it's a smart move. I think TM needs the time and space to be by herself so she can really think things through. I think TM needs to really think on what she wants in their relationship without the pressure of being in the relationship.

So, he let TM go. And allow TM to realize if MG is "it" for her. And if he is, what should she do? Will she make a move to stay with him or will she give up?  

It's actually why I like them. Their relationship is so complex. And it's not all fluff (though, their lovey-dovey moments made my heart flutter :) ). Theirs, I think, given time, and with right choices, can be a beautiful and mature relationship. And I really, seriously, hoping for a happy ending for them.

Agree... need more background on Tami... Also, Tami should take the risk... just be happy for  crying out loud... you dont know whats gonna happen tomorrow, you could be in a car accident (i hope not!) and living in regret for not having PMG in your life. Haiz...

She didnt gamble on GG betraying her, she didnt expect to be out of Unicon, she didnt expect to like her new boss and she didnt expect to like Scarlett ... life is NOT always about predictions... God has plans for everyone... Especially for strong men and women:blush:

3 hours ago, snitchdream08 said:

But i still don't get it when Morgan said "I get it now bla bla bla..its better I didn't understand because if I understand we must have to break up". What's the point he got?

My take on this is that when Morgan ask his birth mother why she gave him up, his mom said that it was hard but she loved him so much that she knew he would have a much better life if she gave him away. It was not about how much she loved him but that she couldn't be happy knowing that by keeping him he could not have his best life.  Morgan understands now that it's not that Tammy doesn't love him it's that she can not allow herself to feel happy because she thinks that by being with Morgan she is keeping him from having a good life.  As long as Tammy feels that way Morgan knows he can't win.  Tammy will not allow herself to feel happy.  She will suffer from guilt at holding him back. He loves her to much to watch that, knowing that there is nothing he can do to make her feel happiness.  He wishes he didn't understand this, but Tammy is so like his birth mother in how she is trying to love him.  Both feel that the only way to love and protect Morgan is to give him up.  Given how they feel Morgan can't win.  Another important woman in his life abandons his in the name of loving him,  While what his birth mother did might have been right for him and her at the time she felt she had to let him good. I think Tammy is just plan wrong.  Morgan is a man now not a child.  He can decide for himself what he is willing to leave behind in the name of love.  It the end Tammy walking away from Morgan is not about what he needs or doesn't need,  It's about the fact that Tammy does not believe in herself and what she has to offer.  While marriage can offer a lot of things I know an unmarried couple who have been happy and dedicated to each other for over 40 years,  They have traveled the world, each had a career and do not have kids.  They are one of the most loving couple I know even though marriage was never a part of their plan. That could be true for Morgan and Tammy is that is what both choose. Sadly Tammy is making it clear that she can't except living in the moment and trusting in Morgan.  So in the end Morgan is right to walk away.  He had no choice once he understood that for Tammy loving him would always be about letting him go,  That is only way he felt he could make her happy about herself.

3 hours ago, snitchdream08 said:

In my opinion, he was referring to the fact that him and TM have different life goals and he finally understood that this would always cause conflict between them. He also understood that TM would always be doing what she thinks is best for him, which ends up making both of them feel terrible and causes TM to inadvertently push him away, so he thinks he needs to let her go to resolve this. His conversation with his mum in which she said she gave him up because she thought he would have a better future with anyone but her, appears to have given him some insight into what TM is thinking and I guess he came to the realization that TM thinks he would be better off with someone else. Case in point, when TM didnt even try and fight for their relationship after DI confessed, it's as though even though she was hurt, she wanted to give him that chance to decide for himself because she wants PM to be with someone his age who wants the same things as him. There's too much doubt from TM which ends up affecting PM who is a pretty positive laidback guy. 

DI made a good point when she said to TM that she remembers when TM first started seeing PM, she always made it clear that she would break up with him so it's like she never took the relationship seriously from the start. DI saying to TM that if it came down to who loves PM more, she would win over TM was a good way to put it into perspective too. This obviously only added to TM's doubts though but perhaps she needs all of these realizations to open her eyes and make her fight for her relationship with PM.

Regarding the comments about not getting much insight into TM's background, I think the drama has done a pretty good job of depicting TM's personality and character. She appears to have always been confident and sassy (e.g. when we got the flashback of her confronting GG when they were still in school) and is smart and well grounded. I think the fact that PM is younger and also wants to settle down (i.e. get married and have kids) has thrown TM into a crisis because it's something that she didn't predict would happen when she's the type of person who has their life mapped out pretty well. If only she could think of her own happiness too and just enjoy the present with PM without worrying so much about the future, they would probably end up growing old together without even realizing it!

@philosophie

It's a K-Drama after all LoL. They're notorious for messing up English before:rolleyes: This won't be their first & it certainly won't be their last. 

Yea, I definitely heard the US rep. say Unicorn. Although Unicon is better suited as y'know the company is really a Universal Group of Cons:lol::w00t:  with Web manipulation, fund embezzlement among others:P

@snitchdream08

By livin' in denial Mo-Gan could continue to live on in a relationship bubble he creates with Ta-Mi. But at the end of the day, he still needs to address the Elephant in the Room. In their case - marriage, kids. 

@savingrace

(nods) 

I mentioned this earlier 'bout Ta-Mi's obvious insecurities.. How she seem to have a fear of commitment...her keeping relationships at arm's length using her career as an excuse. We're nearing to the end & I doubt there'd be light shed on her backstory.. 

We only know Ta-Mi got close to marrying Lee Dong-Wook..but had a change of heart.. Though honestly who could ever pass up on Lee Dong-Wook?!:lol::P:w00t:

I really love reading the lengthy discussions here on PM and BTM.  It shows how each one of us are giving so much thought and analysis on their relationship and who they are as people.  So much respect for you guys.  If this is the intent of the writer, she certainly succeeded.  Is there a way for us to write to her and just give her our appreciation?  I hope she gets to read this too.

As for my view on how they will end PM and BTM, its either:

1. They break up permanently 

2. They are together but they have this feeling that they’ve forced the other one to compromise their belief (current situation)

3.  They are together and they are perfectly content with the decisions and choices they made. (Whether its getting married or not getting married)

To be honest, in whatever ending it may be, I will be fine with it because I think each ending makes sense.  The one thing I hate about some drama endings is if it doesn’t make sense at all or it was so inconsistent.

Here, the way it was written, I can believe either of the 3 scenarios happening.  For number 1&2, if BTM will always feel guilty and will not trust PM when he says its more important for him to be with BTM rather than get married and he will not regret it in the future.  For number 3, if she feels the opposite.

I personally would like number 3 to happen and  it is possible for them to get this ending.  BTM has been presented as somebody who evolves.  She is not inflexible as seen with her work actions (look at her Brian and Scarlett conversations).  She is willing to be changed and is the better for it.  I see PM as somebody who is so sure of his feelings with BTM and he is willing to risk a lot just to be with her.  He has already experienced BTM slowly changing because of her growing feelings for him and I think he has enough faith in her for him to get this happy ending.  So yes, I am rooting for number 3. 

Archived