[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, realistic2280a said:

Agree... need more background on Tami... Also, Tami should take the risk... just be happy for  crying out loud... you dont know whats gonna happen tomorrow, you could be in a car accident (i hope not!) and living in regret for not having PMG in your life. Haiz...

She didnt gamble on GG betraying her, she didnt expect to be out of Unicon, she didnt expect to like her new boss and she didnt expect to like Scarlett ... life is NOT always about predictions... God has plans for everyone... Especially for strong men and women:blush:

Ok, im gonna add..she didnt expect to have a one night stand with MG but she did. She might regret it but since both are willing were partners, i dont see anything wrong with it.

The drama aimed to be different from other stereotypes hence the one night stand and the strong women in this drama. The drama has been successful in pulling us audience to watch the drama, wanting to know more about the ending of our 3 couples; wanting to know how Tami is going to deal with Morgan. But like many, stretching the push and pull between the 2 of them is tiring as audience see more potential couples with the other 2 leads.

Im still not giving up on MoTa/ MoMi/ GonMi / TaGon/ MiMo's relationship! Haha... They might not be together in the end, but nvm, i had hope they could be together at the end of the drama :D.

2 hours ago, realistic2280a said:

Ok, im gonna add..she didnt expect to have a one night stand with MG but she did. She might regret it but since both are willing were partners, i dont see anything wrong with it.

The drama aimed to be different from other stereotypes hence the one night stand and the strong women in this drama. The drama has been successful in pulling us audience to watch the drama, wanting to know more about the ending of our 3 couples; wanting to know how Tami is going to deal with Morgan. But like many, stretching the push and pull between the 2 of them is tiring as audience see more potential couples with the other 2 leads.

Im still not giving up on MoTa/ MoMi/ GonMi / TaGon/ MiMo's relationship! Haha... They might not be together in the end, but nvm, i had hope they could be together at the end of the drama :D.

It’s very rare for the main kdrama couple/OTP not ending up together or things end in a tragic but let’s hope that they’re storyline don’t end in tragic. I’m also on the same page as you. I’m not giving up on our main lead couple. I’m still rooting for a happy ending for both. I already cried a bucket full of tears and I don’t want to cry another bucket full of tears again. 

My 2nd favorite couple will have to be SGG and Jin Woo. Though they’re divorced but going through this divorce has also made both of them realize that they’re both important to each other and made them understand each other better. They’re falling in love with each other.. the kind of love that they didn’t get to experience because they were in an arranged marriage. I like that they’re also portraying the realistics of a divorced couple. Sometimes going through a divorce often brings you closer and understand each other better and that’s exactly what’s happening to them. I hope we get a kiss scene from them too.

I vote for a Season 2 --- a prequel, which shows everyone's backstory ... for the last ten years.

Then, Season 3 ... A pre - prequel from their high school days.

Then, we can keep having additional seasons until we see them back to when they were born. 

And, if we include Brian, we can have a whole lot of seasons. :w00t:

I've been following this drama since the beginning and thought I'd post a few thoughts before the episodes this week.

My friend and I had debate after last Thursday's episodes about the piano teacher.  I was so upset with Tami/Morgan's break up and really changed my opinion about the piano teacher.  I felt it wasn't nice of her to confess her feelings to Morgan knowing that he already had a girlfriend.  But, my friend said that there is nothing wrong with expressing her feelings to him.  I somewhat agree, but I felt the timing was wrong and she could have waited until they broke up.  But, my friend said that the piano teacher confessed so she wouldn't have any regrets.  But, to me that just sounds like trying to steal someone else's boyfriend - how is she any different from that social media girl (i forgot her name)...  I don't know, what do you think?  :blink:

I really hope that Tami / Morgan get back together.  But, the way this drama goes, I feel like it might not happen...  I think part of me just wants Jang Ki Young to get the girl to compensate when he didn't in Go Back Couple...   Maybe there will be a time jump.  Since Ji Hwan is going into the army, I feel like he will reunite with Scarlett in some way after his army duty is over.  

I know a lot of people are saying it won't be realistic that Mo and Mi stay together under the circumstances and the breakup should happen.  Perhaps in real world, yes.  But I hope this show was created to delude us, much like what Jin Woo said to Ga-kyeong when they were watching the movie he produced:  "I didn't create this movie for the audiences to empathize but for them to delude themselves."  Yes, please, delude us away. No need to give us a shot of reality.  Move in together. Get married.  Grow  old together to be 1000 years old.  Whatever is fine. I just want happily ever after for MoMi !  Thank you in advance before the two episodes.

I think it would be nice if Tami n Morgan got back together but it does mean that someone gives up a dream because they have opposing views   family with kids vs single life...did they even discuss kids...was that the issue?

Because that's the only thing really. 

Whether or not there's a piece of legal paper...is immaterial unless you want to give your kids a status.

I've ffed and just replayed the bits with Scarlett n jh  .

Totally guilty of that...

Another OTP with cute heart fluttering bts

Maybe they will have time jump.

And that time mogan already understand and seem okay why tami did not want married. And maybe after time jump, tami is ready to get marriege.. 

I dont think, things like get ready marriege can be decide on short time.. especially to person like tami who dislike marriege. It may took some times to be ready in marriege

I hope they make spin off.. special series for scarleet and jinhwan..

Tami x Mogun’s Love Game: Part 1/?

This is a sort of thoughts for their romance in the first half of Search:WWW! (Or is it just my excuse to rewatch all the episodes yet again?)

Since Episode 1, we have been welcomed into this real-life MMORPG (massively multi-player online role-playing game) where Mogun and Tami are the focus players. At first, I felt like the ‘game’ theme was just PPL for Tera, an actual MMORPG game that originated in South Korea. I was wondering if the only point of making Mogun a game music director was to fit this PPL or that they are sponsored by Tera, but the writer ties in this theme in the narrative very well. 

Spoiler

n36TFYj.jpg

As we go through their characters episode by episode, the underlying 'game' and 'gaming' theme are shown literally and figuratively. Literal as in the two of them playing games, and figuratively with them putting their 'game' into their life choices and actions.

First, let's put into context the 'game'. Here are several meanings of the word game from Google that I'll write about in relation to Search:WWW:

• (noun) a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck. 
  • (noun) a person's performance in a game; a person's standard or method of play.
  • (noun) a physical or mental competition conducted according to rules with the participants in direct opposition to each other
  • (adj) eager or willing to do something new or challenging.

Note: I’ll refer mostly to Ep 1 to 8 in this post! ^^

Next, what exactly is MMORPG? For those who don't play.. you can do your own extensive read about this! I couldn't put everything in here for your easy reading, but I'll try to summarize it as I will use it on this analysis. Please do correct me if I’m mistaken, as I only play casually and some of these explanation are summarized from other summaries.

(You can skip this part if you're familiar with games I guess!)

Spoiler

Before we define MMORPG, let’s tackle its first half: MMO. In this drama’s context, the massive-multi player game isn’t played online. It’s the reality everyone in the drama is living in. Every one ‘plays’ as themselves here or maybe even portrays a character they built in order to survive. For it’s latter half, RPG it is a game that allows you to inhabit the role of your character/s (moreover, you’re responsible for the development of both their skills and personality through a process of customization and choice). It is a game in which the player has at least some decision making abilities in how the game plays out. This can be through a branching storyline, skills, etc that can be worked on and increased, a sense that you're living the character's life, etc. A role-playing game is a game where you create a character and you take a role in the game. You make decisions as your character, and creatively tell a story with other players and people.

So it's about a narrative-creation experience. You help build a story together. A MMORPG is just a combination of RPG  and massively multiplayer online games    in which a very large number of players interact with one another within a virtual world. A focus on communication between players is given in games like this, in addition to the player to character interaction, too. In contrast, computer games like Tekken and most games you find at an arcade, will only reward you with additional elements of the their story when you complete certain missions. You don't have a role in making the story. There’s a fixed story, character, setting, and the only thing the player needs to do is to control their character of choice in a specific way to win the game. 

Aside from narrative experience, player-character interactions, and actual game play, I believe another main difference of MMORPGs and arcade games lies in its end goal. MMORPGs goal can be simply put as survival (solo or as in a group, clan or party), while arcade games’ goal is simply put as to win (solo or against an opponent). But we can’t deny that these two goals can’t be separated in games. It is just human nature to play to win.

With these in mind, let’s go back to Search:WWW.

The writer intentionally introduced Mogun's character through the scene wherein Tami was playing Tekken 5 at an arcade bar. The game she was playing was simple: she controls her character in a specific way in order to win. In this case, it's Heihachi. She even developed a move or a combo that will help her win every time. In the 1st game montage, the player opposite her (Player 2) seems to be changing characters throughout their 7 rounds. But that doesn’t matter. She wins all of the rounds still. Suddenly the guy asks for another round. She replies he's no match for him. But then Player 2 dares to challenge again. She raises her brows, maybe thinking how come he challenged her again when he lost to her 7 times already. This time, Player 2 chose Jin and with minimal hits on his Health bar, he ruined her winning streak, making Tami wondering what happened. That's when she realized she was dealing with a different, much better player.

Arcade games like Tekken often have short levels, simple and intuitive control schemes, and rapidly increasing difficulty (another best universal example can be Super Mario). And I believe this was the underlying theme of their romance during the first act (Ep 1-8). Tami treated this thing with Mogun like an arcade game: she wants to end it quick, avoid it being time-consuming and emotionally, mentally exhausting, and if both goals are met, then she wins.

But Tami left out two things in her grand scheme and equation. First, Mogun.

At first, I thought Tami was going head-to-head with Ga Gyeong, but her sole problem with GG was how she plays the game (gameplay). To me, she sees GG more as a competitor or a rival than an opponent. That for her is Mogun. When he entered her life, he challenged her beliefs, makes her question her actions, makes her feel guilty, ashamed, selfish, makes her feel unlike her usual self and ultimately.. he breaks down all the walls she built to protect herself from inviting loneliness in the future.

Spoiler

gPDm5oW.jpg

BZBEvLa.jpg

In Tami’s mind, each time they met is like a level or stage in a familiar, yet unfamiliar arcade game: the relationship game. She courses through it, sometimes speed runs (a play-through of a game with the intention of completing it as fast as possible) through it because she was certain that the end of the game pertains to one thing which is a break-up. Why? Because she played this game before, with Lee Dong Wook. And she knows she was the reason why it ended.

But Mogun is not Lee Dong Wook. Tami's first mistake during this game was assuming this playthrough was the same as before. As she sees herself entering the ‘playing’ field (dating) again, she sees the same expectations, same ardent feelings, and same inhibitions: but this time, it is not the same. The only thing that remained unchanged was her and her how she plays. A gist of her strategy can be seen through how she played Tekken. She sticks to one character, probably learned and perfected all the moves, combos, strengths and weakness of Heihachi and plan to use it to her advantage (she also used this strategy when she was asked to go to trial). Because she was obsessed with only winning the game and saving herself, she miscalculated the passion of a 28-year old player, who must’ve played this game more than her (both Tekken and in dating), and that’s why she lost. Their brief talk about the game they had proved why he’s a ‘better’ player. Tami’s combo cost her the game from the start because it was risky. Mogun noticed this and used her risky move to his advantage.  

Spoiler

QgFyuuk.jpg

HSjefzE.jpg

He continues to do this as he gets to know her. In their next encounters, we see Mogun adjusting to her strategy, her moves, and power play. He tries to understand her, then applies what he learns, and then learns from his mistakes. And sometimes, when the level reaches a dead end, he’s not afraid of resetting it or restarting the game itself. While Tami treated Mogun like an arcade game hoping to easily end it, he did the same but with an entirely different intention: he wants her to start the ‘real’ game with him. He is simply put smitten the first time he saw her, and he was even more hooked with the conversations they had, how she understood his music, and how real she looked when she spilled her secrets. The one-night stand can be treated as the “best” ending for that night, maybe it is for Tami, but it was a “worst” ending for Mogun. Worst because this became both his weakness and his strength. Weakness, as Tami is using that encounter against him and his advances and a strength because he’s the only man who got to experience that with her.

He admitted that he was lonely when she left in the morning. So when he saw her again, he didn’t slow down in showing his attraction and liking. He pesters her, he waits for her, he even used her guilt against him as an excuse to continue seeing her. During the first act, while Mogun is an opponent to Tami, Tami is the heroine he seeks. He would’ve called her a ‘damsel-in-distress’, like the usual motivations of male characters in fantasy/adventure games but he knows better to call her that. She doesn’t exactly fit that description, nor is she caged in a castle, plus, she doesn’t need to be saved. She is her own woman and he loves her for that. He seeks for her because of love. He’s not afraid to show it or flaunt it. I remember how clever the writer was because she knew some of the audience will began to wonder his advances towards Tami. And this is how they replied:

Spoiler

sNXQbJv.jpg

89B0YqL.jpg

That night, he wins again. Literally, for a second time (darts game). Tami even chose the game thinking she’ll be better at this than him. Like he said, he just focused on working hard and maybe a little bit of luck helped, too. Later that night, he caught her off-guard as he always does, by connecting the two dots he drew earlier on and forming a heart as his wish for winning.

Spoiler

PMFqyBh.png

It was a very Mogun-esque gesture, silly and sweet, that we failed to see it as a sad foreshadowing of what their relationship is to become. Two dots can symbolize them both, and him drawing the heart can symbolize not only his intentions, or that he wants to bond them together (may it be just as bf-gf, or as partners for life) but that if not for his own doing or persistence, there wouldn’t be any love formed between them at all.

Another thing Tami missed during her strategy was her enjoyment of playing this game with him. He catches her off-guard and knows when her guard is down. He sees through her. She should’ve been annoyed or riled up, as she treats him as an opponent, but eventually she warms up to him and his ridiculous antics before she knows it. This thought scares her. She has been putting it aside hoping it won’t grow into anything but gratitude, comfort, and even guilt. She dismisses her attraction and pushes him away because it wasn’t like her- this wasn’t the plan. This wasn’t what her strategy predicted to happen. She was quick to calculate and asses everything but failed to consider her own feelings. With all the walls she built, she forgot inside it was a person capable of love, and being loved. The more she tries to deny it, the more it shows that she enjoys it. Even Da-In felt it, too (and I am annoyed at how she used this against her in Ep 14 when she felt it way before Tami realized her own feelings).

Spoiler

F86PNEv.jpg

Da-In knew she’s not gonna end it even though she says otherwise. Her actions speak louder than her words. Tami was longing for it when he wasn’t there. Even more so when she saw her rival with him.

Then one night, he showed off a bit of his sexiness, when he visited her office. Physical attraction was as real as their emotional and mental one. To think that it was probably the first thing she noticed about him when they first met, makes it even more heart-pounding. Liking what she sees, and knowing how aware Mogun is with how he looks, she allows herself to become smitten and hooked.

Spoiler

pmw5GTR.jpg

V8lPdZw.jpg

Even though she gladly accepts him in her aquarium long before, it’s the first time she has confronted and accepted her attraction for him on her own saying,:

Spoiler

SIajo49.jpg

That’s when she realized she was not playing for it to end anymore. When she allowed him to stay in her aquarium after staying the night at Gangneum, she only gave permission for Mogun to be her “fish”. Using the aquarium metaphor: he was already a fish inside her aquarium and the only thing left to do is to allow him to stay there. Because it’s human nature, she says, to fall for him as he is a man she could fall for. That’s just her coming terms with herself that she likes the feeling Mogun gives her, so might as well let him. But at this scene, her accepting she lost to him is a huge progress for someone who doesn’t want to lose. She gives up seeing Mogun as her opponent and rather welcomes the thought of him as a partner, in the next level of their game which isn’t like a game in an arcade anymore.

But another thing she didn’t see coming, or she (we) didn’t register as a probable conflict was that Mogun may have had a different gameplay than Lee Dong Wook, he still ended up very much the same due to the ending of the game that they both forsee: marriage. They see marriage as the ideal end game. Though Mogun was saying he ‘gets into the playing field’ without much thought about the game’s ending, and was only playing for happiness, it’s hard for Tami to continue playing knowing that’s the end he wants.

So when the game was too much for her to handle and nothing seems to go as she wants it to, she always thought of the worst way to end a game: pulling the plug (breaking up). But the better player, Mogun, looks like he isn’t afraid of resetting the game. In gamers’ terms- a save file exists. You can’t erase or turn-off the feelings made as you played just because you pulled out its life source. As long as the save file exists, you can just start the game where you left off. In the first act, the problem with this is Tami hates this. It’s like when you started a game and you don’t like how it started or the character you created but you had to continue the game because you already put in effort and don’t want to lose the progress. She doesn’t understand how Mogun can continue liking her after he’s seen her worst, knows her secrets, her shame, her mistakes, her weakness and her pain. The path she chose that night was one with a dead end (being strangers) yet he keeps straying away from that. She wants to completely start over with him but she can’t because they can’t just be strangers anymore. Their influences and existences in each others’ lives is too strong to just forget. Mogun, in contrasts, believes this is what made their ‘game’ even more playable. His character is like a gamer who first started a game out of curiosity, then ended up loving what he’s playing, despite the setbacks because it makes him happy. He wants Tami to let herself be happy in the game, too.

But to Tami, every game (love) ends with “GAME OVER”. Why start it at all? What is the point of playing when it is certain that it will end? But Morgan challenges her, saying if it’s gonna end anyway, why not just start and enjoy it? Until Ep.8, Tami was still playing like this relationship game was an arcade. She has to "control" herself towards the limits and rules of the game she thought that existed. She was stuck thinking her choices doesn’t matter because the game was already made and coded to have the same ending. So why bother?

Then Mogun tried to reenact their first meeting, doing it as how Tami suggested or how it should’ve been played normally. And it’s like when you create a new game file on a game you’re currently playing. It’s a different game but still familiar- you can’t deny that you know what’ll happen next. Instead of anticipating something new, you are trying to re-do those things that gives you advantage and undo those that harm you. Some of the magic was gone because you already played it once. Playing Tekken wasn’t thrilling as before, the drinking was silent and uneventful, and Mogun decided to end it.

Spoiler

zzDMPHE.jpg

But the reenactment doesn’t end there. He still wants to take her home, to complete the playthrough that should’ve been. This was the last move Mogun could’ve done when he realized Tami couldn’t move forward. He used the façade Tami was fronting against her, that they would’ve worked better if they met differently, to show her that it wouldn’t work either way because there’s no right, wrong or better. They just had that one chance encounter to work with and what to do with it is her choice. But it wasn’t only Tami’s façade that’s cracked that night- Mogun was, too. The lie he believes in was that Tami will confess her feelings for him if he waits long enough, if he persists, if he leads her to think he’s an option. He continues to believe this because he felt it, he feels it.

Spoiler

lsugqeW.jpg

bPXxOGh.jpg

However, during their last conversation, he heard Tami agree that she doesn’t like him enough to ignore her inhibitions. That he’s a waste of time. Not knowing that Tami said that because that was supposed to be where her previous choices lead her and those were part of the façade she built herself to protect her from a heartbreak, he believed that. So when his façade cracks, his true self is revealed and he accepted the thought that them meeting was a mistake (said Tami in Ep. 2). That he shouldn’t have been happy and used that one night stand to his advantage because it now became his deep regret.

Spoiler

XjvndoX.jpg

4Kelabu.jpg

to

4fe68vX.jpg

What Mogun didn’t know was at that moment, Tami realized this isn’t an arcade game. In this game with Mogun, she can choose what she wants to do and she can continue to do what she wants. The game she played thinking it limits her, caged her further because she allowed it to. She sets herself free from the constraints she made and let herself be after all the resisting. When she asked him to play with her, she meant it as to start a new, better relationship game with Mogun as her partner (boyfriend). No, she remained the same Tami who doesn’t seek marriage but she decided to let herself be a player in a game that will take up her time, will consume her physically, mentally and emotionally, and with an uncertain end: the true relationship game.

Spoiler

Y9pfRxA.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that’s my take on the first half. We know what happens on the second act, and I’ll gather my thoughts again for Ep. 9-14. 

But I don’t want to miss the theory making for the last two episodes!

Tami leaving without fighting is the only thing she can do the moment Mogun decided to pull the plug (breaking up). You can’t play games when the console is off right? But that doesn’t mean you can’t play the game again. The frustrations you must feel when you can’t move forward with a boss stage or level. Sometimes, you just really need to turn it off and restart again. Because there’s a save file haha! That also doesn’t mean that you can’t leave it be for sometime, do other things, and then come back when you feel like it. I’m sure Mogan will be waiting…but the rest I believe is up to Tami now. I also believe Mogun won't get the same ending from Lee Dong Wook because Mogun understood her and LDW remained curious even after they broke up.

Spoiler

gMY24E8.jpg

L3dzzK8.jpg

vs

t5fqHJd.jpg

wPn1I2R.jpg

Anyway, I just love how all the actions are consistent throughout the series. That’s why I continue to believe in the writer and the script. When Tami left without a word and proceeded to cry in her car alone, I remembered this line:

Spoiler

LqM4G1U.jpg

Wa9uifx.jpg

I wonder how she'll appease her suffering, and what her next steps would be.

I just hope nothing bad happens to Mogun........... that crying seems to be not because of Tami :(

My imaginary ending: Tami and Morgan will breakup. ( Im rooting for this ending since I still feel they dont belong to each other) Couple years later, they coincidently meet each other on the street. Tami sees Morgan, Dain and one little boy are hand in hand. She’s frozen a little bit ( partial because of broken heart and partial being proud of herself because she feels like what she did in the past was right). After meeting Morgan, Tami feels so down, she’s wandering around the city with cloudy mind. There is a chase happening and one man pump into her. When that man tries to help her up, she sees his face and he is Gong Yoo( i wish Gong Yoo would be the next cameo:((( ) And love at first sight^^!!!!

The end!

17 minutes ago, Ho Lo Buon said:

My imaginary ending: Tami and Morgan will breakup. ( Im rooting for this ending since I still feel they dont belong to each other) Couple years later, they coincidently meet each other on the street. Tami sees Morgan, Dain and one little boy are hand in hand. She’s frozen a little bit ( partial because of broken heart and partial being proud of herself because she feels like what she did in the past was right). After meeting Morgan, Tami feels so down, she’s wandering around the city with cloudy mind. There is a chase happening and one man pump into her. When that man tries to help her up, she sees his face and he is Gong Yoo( i wish Gong Yoo would be the next cameo:((( ) And love at first sight^^!!!!

The end!

Which will lead her to Finding Mr. Destiny. :D

they are shownig slpit image as TM and MG are living as they are apart...meeting with friends, going shopping , playing games ect.   some of the images are as if they are still together.  they are missing each other..

Archived