[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haiya!

So today we have a couple made and a couple broken. 

Scarlett and JiHwan are so cute, :lol:. I love how the lady just wails out loud, mouth open so big unashamedly. And then throws a fit in order to get him to speak casual. Are we sure she's supposed to be the older one here?

Damn. Park MoGun and Bae Tami. So MoGun learns from his mom that she gave him up for his future and he finally understands TaMi's hesitance. It's not so much insecurity (although it does play a part) as the fact that she cannot and will not forgive herself for grabbing onto his ankles and holding him back from what she believes is his proper, happy future. The problem is not whether he's ok with it. The problem is that she's not, and it's eating her inside. So MoGun let her go. Argh. 

MoGun ah. You are very much loved. Their actions came from a place of love and shame, although it does seem to you who were so traumatized by being abandoned as they're throwing you away. 

What irony that Joseph had to tell TaMi right then that Barro is now 1 top against Unicon. 

Honestly, that last part between MoGun and TaMi is amazing. 

This writer has far surpassed Kim EunSook.

Ok. Now I can’t wait to watch it. I’ll even watch it unsubbed, but looks like it’s not uploaded anywhere yet. I don’t get it. Why isn’t tvN pushing this drama like it has for other dramas in their channel?

Seol Ji Hwan and Cha Hyeon - my new fav couple. Cha Hyeon did not disappoint and made the first move! Yay! And Ji Hwan reciprocated! Double yay! And he’s quite smooth ah, the way he gently held her hand down while kissing her. *swoon* The sexual tension between them was getting so thick you could cut it with a knife. Took them long enough!! I hope the remaining 2 episodes will focus on their relationship! To heck with everyone else!

Just watch some clips of ep 14 and i got killed by JH for that kissing scene!!! OMG!! he is such a good kisser.. muaks! hahahahahhahha 

1. I am glad and sad that Morgan let Tammy Go (Break up) .. even though it is just a short clip but i cried though....

2. JW and GG dates got interrupted by the reporter.. I am glad that i manage get to see GG smiling face .. man! JW really a good husband

3. Scarlet watches drama with JH?? and there is a kissing scene .. she loves that scene.. and sudden remember that Min Hyuk is actually the guy she is dating now.. HAH! i can't stop laughing here.... 

can't wait for tmorrow for the sub to release and i get to watch full version!!! i got to prepare tissue for TM and Morgan's break up part

So. Scarlett and Ji Hwan - FINALLY!

I was wondering why at the Lost & Found, the camera kept slowly cutting Scarlett off... was bugged by it and Ji Hwan just kept talking, then I realise... (I guessed it right)... that Scarlett is going to fly over to kiss him. Then the camera did it again when it's Scarlett's turn to speak, and I knew it instantly Ji Hwan will kiss her back passionately, LOLLLL. Nicely done, cinematography-wise. Not to mention all the phones start ringing and the colours, hehe.

And ROFL at Scarlett squealing at the TV of Ji Hwan's kiss scene, and belatedly realising he's kissing someone else. BWAHAHAHA. Man, now then I realise he's gonna be kissing A LOT of actresses in future. Scarlett has thought of that, right? HAHA.

Last part of Morgan and Tami - The Feels. Jang Ki Yong delivered an excellent performance. Seeing Tami sobbing her heart out breaks my heart. I was hoping she'd run back to Morgan & share with him the Barro's news, but obviously Show wouldn't do that so soon, we do have two more episodes left.

26 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

This writer has far surpassed Kim EunSook.

Agree with both hands & feet. For her a debut script - she has already exceeded expectations. The quality is good enough for a nomination in the Baeksang's panel next year.

Preview for Episode 15

Wonderful, wonderful dialog!  So different from the usual lines that are so cliche.  Dialog with substance and positive energy.

These are characters that one would not mind having as real-life friends.  People with integrity, dignity, pure values and understanding of why choices are made.

18 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

So, does that mean that we'll get a scene of Scarlet going to visit him while he's in uniform or a time jump of some kind to show them happily back together?  

If there is a time skip, either we will see TM/MG moving on without each other or TM/MG find each other again...it will be open ended.

Perhaps the found earrings would bring them back..who knows. I do not want him with piano teacher.

This is realistic views of relationships and not much fluff so I will go om watching till the head. I sort prepared myself yesterday for heartbreak with TM/MG.

All relationships does not have happy endings and I'm glad we had three couples to watch. I was pulling for TM/MG to fight for happy ending. Relationships takes work.

TL;DR: This is me rambling before the storm of Ep 14. I've been a long time lurker of this thread, and I use reddit a lot but the thread here has more active people so... I decided to join the discussions here too 

I guess the Ep 13 theme is letting go. I'll focus on our couple trio and I'm writing this down before Ep 14 airs.

The most obvious one was for Ga Gyeong x Jinwoo. After all the years they spent in an unwanted marriage, they finally got their divorce. Ga Gyeong literally cuts her status and connections with KU Group, while Jinwoo frees both of them to the desires (for power, for money, for ambition) his mom/their parents) have.

Though it's definitely a good thing for both of them, I believe this separation is bittersweet. In the unfair world their parents forced them to live in, they found solace knowing they're not alone in it- that they're together surviving, experiencing it, and maybe they're also together in hoping that one day it'll end. But because they were focused on just surviving and ending it- they didn't realize the budding affection that grew between them. And now they reached the finish line which is the divorce.. that affection probably become the only thing left.

For Scarlet x Ji Hwan, they both took a step back from their desires. Scarlet tried to build a wall not only to save herself but for Ji Hwan also, since she brought up that there are certain things he shouldn't do to a fan. There's a thin line to cross between "a mere fan" (or so she says) and that person you're a fan of, if they give more than what is expected of them ie. walking them home, giving gifts, calling, etc. and it could lead to assumptions and confusion. Although she must've felt that what she feels is beyond fangirling, she lets go of this possibility when reality hits her with Dong-Joo's question: "Who are you to say that I can't like him? Are you two dating?" She knows she can't reply anything but "no". She's aware of that but saying it on her own hurt her most. It's too late to turn off the feelings she has for him, or to build the wall between them higher, so instead she lets go of her desire to be more than just what they are for now, a fan and an actor.

In Ji Hwan's case, getting that notice for enlistment means letting go of: acting and time. He obviously loves and enjoys his job, especially now that he's getting recognition but he has to give it up because he needs to perform his duty for his country. As for time, I think it means a lot for him: he still remembers the time he spent with his dog, and as he said, he'll remember this year as the year he met Scarlet. He's spent a lot of time with her outside of his work and enlisting means not spending time with her. He gave up on postponing his enlistment for more time, for more acting opportunities, but it's sweet that he didn't give HER up. He didn't tell her to stop rooting for him. He even tells her that he'll look forward to her support after enlistment. That he'll take comfort that somewhere she's cheering for him and it'll give him strength and with that in mind he can do anything. I believe he'll treat this enlistment as a pause to whatever relationship they have and when he comes back, he'll continue where they left and hopefully Scarlet does the same.

Ah... and lastly, our main couple. Tami and Mogun, against all odds like ideals, values, and half of the show's audience who seems to be getting tired of them, are willing to let go of everything else but their relationship.

Tami asked Mogun how they'll end up now but he simply said they'll probably love each other. After a huge fight, that's his realization. But her's on the other hand, was again.. about letting go. Mogun knows he's going all out for this relationship to work. He's aware of this all the time and quoting both of them.. "knowing doesn't mean you don't get hurt." He's practically begging her, to be with him, to stop being sorry, to let go of her inhibitions. But she can't. Not yet. Not again- and that's why he's hurt. Because she failed to understand him and his feelings for her. I love how he can't look at her when he asked if she organized her thoughts already. Maybe ecause he knows Tami always has one foot out the door since Day 1. She will try to break up again and he's afraid that this time, they really could.

Did Mogun let go of his dream to get married and live happily with a family? No. Just like how we all have dreams that are still on its way to be fulfilled, I believe it's the same for him. What did he let go then? He lets go of yearning for that kind of future with her. He realized that's the only thing getting in his way. He gives this up because he loves her, though he hasn't said it explicitly yet. Mogun said that he doesn't care about marriage nor values, he just wants to be with her. And at this point in his life, that is the only thing he's certain of. Like how he doesn't have power over the future in regards with work, he knows this relationship is vulnerable in the future but that doesn't matter: he wants her and he will continue to until he doesn't.

Since he spilled his views on marriage, that thought has become his weakness (to Tami and to us, the audience). Add to that his abandonment trauma, it's a burden he doesn't want other people, especially Tami, to bear for him. Before, Tami mentioned the reasons why they couldn't be and he realized he wasn't the reason why Tami doesn't want to be with him. It was her and her thoughts and beliefs that time, which he managed to break down. But with this weakness, he gave her a solid reason to leave him. Yet, she doesn't. She called him first. Like how she went to the pier when supposed to be, she's the one angry.

Did Tami let go of her life ideals and views on marriage? No. I think it's fairly shown from the start that she won't change her ideals over anything. And I accept this, wholeheartedly. *But that doesn't mean they can't reach a compromise, does it?* Anyway, what did she let go then? First, her pride. When she came to him with an excuse of the earrings. Next, her guilt. I guess her guilt never really left since she felt it for him when he lost his job because of her. She just learned to call it differently: pity, affection, and maybe even love. But it's there. She is guilty of accepting to push through the relationship even if it will eventually reach to an end because of her. And that hinders both of them because she let her mind focus on that while Mogun doesn't. The partner to her guilt was respect. She respects Mogun's dream of having a family and being married so much that even though he was no intentions of using that against her, she feels it as if choosing to be with him will take away the only thing that will make him truly happy. So how dare she tells him she loves him? That is just selfish on her part. And as someone who doesn't want to step on others or hurt them in any way- she can't accept this. All while she's preventing this to happen, she realized how much she hurt him.

Letting go of her pride, guilt, and that respect for Mogun's dream led to her "I love you." That night, she realized what Mogun gave up for her and for this relationship to work. And she decided to do the same. No, she didn't change anything about herself and her views on marriage and relationships for love. Nor did she compromise anything. Instead, she let herself be selfish, be complicated, and be human. After her confession, she lets him know that she didn’t change. That she will keep on worrying about their "marriage" problem, that she will be continue to be critical of their relationship-- but she won't hold back anymore. She knows the bearing of confessing to him: it will complicate their relationship and for others, too, who won’t understand them right away. That it is such a huge step from just simply "dating". She wants him, like how he wants her and she accepts the shame of holding on to him with the burden of marriage that won't happen anytime soon. She accepts it because Mogun accepts her as she is too, I want to believe since he saw her at the arcade.

To those who wonder the point of Tami x Mogun's repeated and tiring arguments, remember that the point of arguing is not to win, but to understand where they’re coming from and why this issue matters to them. With each fight, we get deeper into their character' thoughts and they improve in communicating their side and explaining why they acted or thought that way. I think that's lovely. The writers definitely spent time thinking and writing everythingㅡ everything they do is according to the parameters they set for each character and the dialogue is so real and cuts across cultures that I refuse to believe Tami and Mogun doesn't exist as actual people in the writer's life. I wonder to what extent is the script fiction or if the writer is portraying one of them in real life and is rationalizing her views about marriage, romance and life though the scenes depicted in this series.

At this point, I have full trust to the writer and her script. I feel that no matter what each character end up or decide in regards to romance and life will be justified and be for the better. It’s funny also how our KU couple is the opposite of the mains’, just like their characters. They wanted it to end because they started unwillingly and not on their own, while the latter had a rough start and is contemplating on how they will continue. And now they reached what they wanted, what happens? As for the main couple, who will let go because we know neither of them will cave in?

To me, it is not the ending that matters but the moments that led to it. Anyway...This got long. I just want my angst fest for Ep 14 and have fluff in the last 2 eps than prolonging the frustration we have for each couple to Ep 15 or even 16. I'm ready to cry tonight.

---

And yes, I cried tonight, like Cha Hyun haha!

32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

The only problem for me with this whole thing is that MG's mother was his mother, Tami is MG's lover, not his mom. Right or wrong, a mother doing what's best for her child is one thing since the child is really too young to be able to make determinations for himself/herself. However, this drama has Tami treating MG as a child still with this, and that makes me a bit upset because it's not giving MG agency as an adult.

Plus, I think MG had it spot on when he mentioned that in all of TM's deliberations, there is no consideration for the present, the only things that figure in her deliberations are her concerns of the future. In the present, they love each other, but TM is so worried about what the future may hold that she doesn't live in the present. She can't live in the present. And, that all of a sudden makes TM seem rather pathetic to me that as a strong and independent woman who is living life on her own terms, that it's fear that seems to be characterizing so much of her motivations.

I have some sympathy for her concerns about the age difference, though I do think that other dramas have addressed age differences better. (IHYV is one of my faves on this.) However, that she deliberately keeps crushing MG for his own good is a tired and silly plot point. I disliked it when they have male leads to it to female leads, and I dislike it now. I dislike it enough now that I'm not sure that this drama will be able to salvage the MG-TM relationship for me, if they do intend to do so. MG has been an excellent, thoughtful, loyal boyfriend, and I'm glad that he's finally tired of persisting in the face of TM's constant actions to push him away despite loving him. TM isn't his mother after all, and while he can be understanding about her angst, I'm glad that he realizes that TM is too narcissistic about herself to truly give him consideration other than to think that she knows what's best for him.

Okay, I only saw a couple of the MG/TM clips and got a bit upset at the direction of their arc, enough so that I'm not giddy with joy about Scarlet and JH though I should be or even curious as to where GG and JW are going with their love now that they're divorcing arc. I may not watch the rest of the episodes for the time being. 

That's true. I agree 100%.

But it's also true that MoGun coming to understand how TaMi thinks means the end of their relationship because there's just no going forward with that any more, which is why I really liked that ending dialogue.

As much as this is a TaMi problem, it's now MoGun's turn to let her go because he loves her. There's nothing else he can do. TaMi's the only one who can fix this.

Honestly, I do think TaMi is very well characterized though. Just because you're a lady warrior at work doesn't mean you're just as strong when it comes to relationships. Because success at work can largely be something you can control independently or if it doesn't work, something you can leave pretty easily because it's just work, but when it comes to relationships, it's something you can't do alone and you even have to take account of another person's perspective so that your good intents aren't misconstrued and the thing about relationships is even if you do everything right, the other person might still leave and the whole thing falls apart. It's that vulnerability inherent in emotional relationships that TaMi is too emotionally immature for which results in this.

I mean, people over-compensate. Work is where she traditionally excels and what she's confident in but relationships is like unchartered territory and so I'm not sure if she is ready to believe in a relationship that, given all signs and signals, is gonna fail. It doesnt make her any less badass though, in my books. Just very complicated and frustrating.

That was such a badass satisfying ending. I absolutely love the girl power vibes and the fierceness of each of our female leads. So awesome seeing TM and CH hold hands to unite and I love when Brian returned to save the day. The contrast to GG then walking into Unicon as the new CEO was just so epic. Two very strong competing teams! Can Baro and Unicon just unite now!? Wouldn't that be epic!

I was a bit frustrated by CH and JH still not being open and honest to eachother but I do see where CH is coming from in that she doesn't want to interfere with his growing career but she deserves her own happiness and he is perfect for her. The next episode's teaser is exactly what I need from them two! :D

GG and JW broke my heart today but I see them being able to have a proper relationship now, one which grows and develops from the start. I hope we get more glimpses of this occurring between them two because they really are more compatible for eachother than they think.

TM and PM were a bit frustrating for me today. While I understand where each one is coming from, I think they really circle around the same issues constantly and I would like to see more development and happy moments. I do think PM shows his love and affection for TM more which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it does become frustrating when TM always asks to meet PM only to relay her same concerns and then knock PM down again when he was just happy to see her. Anyways not long left to go so I hope we stop with the break ups and both move forward together.

More romantic sweet moments from all 3 couples please! :D

quick translation for CHxJH kiss scenes (Forgive me for any mistakes, I translated based on the clips I found from IG)

Spoiler

(JH is looking for his phone who he lost in the subway. CH apparently also looks for his phone and they see each other in lost and found room.)

(awkward silence between them after their farewell in ep 13)

CH: I want to ask you something. Am I really just a fan to you, Ji Hwan? What do you think? I think you never say what you think about me. 
JH: I follow you when I think you are angry. When I'm happy then I'll call you. Walking you home and buying you a gift  because I feel grateful. Just like you said, what kind of actor would do those to a fan? While walking you home, 'I wonder if you will come out again? Does she has a same thought as me and that's why she hadn't turn on the light? Is she hesitating like me? I'm still here, so she should just come out.' Who would do that for just a mere fan? But you know, when you said that you are my fan, I can't do anything. I can't go closer to you because you are my fan and I shouldn't do that (getting closer). But now, I don't know what to do when you are asking whether you are fan or not. After a month, I have to leave. I'm always receiving something from you and yet I can't do anything for you and it makes me going crazy because I'm mad.
(CH kisses JH)
CH: Every time I meet with you I think I'm going crazy, Ji Hwan. What I just did, I think I have lost my mind. I'm sorry. There must be a better way, but you said we only have less than a month, so I need to do something quick so I
(JH kisses CH back) (and kiss) (kiss)

:wub::wub::wub:

57 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Despite my being pissy over the TM/MG story line

Well, I've been pissy about it since about episode 2, so you are not alone!  :lol:

I love the other two couples but I think that Tammy and Morgan should never have met and should not be together.  Sometimes love and sexual attraction are just not enough to make a relationship work.

This got very long and the TL;DR for this is just: give Tami x Mogun a chance and just don’t dismiss their romance as weak because the writers are anything but lazy and uninspired. I wrote this after Ep.10 so events after that aren't considered in my thought process yet! ^^

---

I kept lurking and seeing reactions about how Tami x Mogun's romance and story feels tiring and uneventful since they finally agreed to date. Like, the magic and thrill of their relationship faded because they are together now-- unlike the first half of the series where we see them push&pull, flirt, test each others' waters and boundaries. 

I'm blabbered here to tap those who are confused as to why the next half of their romance feels stale and boring. I admit to being super excited for Ga Kyung's late blooming romance and Scarlet's successful fan journey, but then again for me, the main leads' romance is something I want to witness until the end of this series. I will be rambling, expect getting sidetracked… I’m just writing this down to analyze my own thoughts too haha! 

In Episode 6, Tami expressed that she figured Mogun means something to her. He then replies that maybe she's confusing gratitude but she retorts that she wouldn't drive two hours to see him because of that. She also expressed how much she's risking to be in that point of their "relationship" just to enjoy this romance aspect of her life, but at the end of the day she still wants to go back to her everyday life.

Instead of accepting her somehow confession, Mogun tells her that he's not an amusement park where you can just have fun and leave. He knows what she's implying (by being there, and by telling him how she feels) but he wants her to confess her feelings once he's part of her everyday life, and he will also tell her how he feels by then.

Going back to the past episodes, it felt logical for his character to be excited about how Tami was then reciprocating his feelings without his push, so I was expecting his reply to either be: he'll accept her feelings when she's 100% sure she's ready to go through it since he can't wait to go ALL IN for her or he could've took her in his arms right there by the beach (or that night)-- but he didn't. 

During this exchange, I was wondering why the writer emphasized on "everyday life". The life of a drama revolves in its episodic storytelling of the everyday lives of the characters in the world the writer made. So why this line?

Then, few episodes later, they find their resolve- we get to the night where Tami finally invites him in her everyday life (after much thought and disarray with their opinions on marriage). 

Tami: I…don’t know what I want that I’m doing this. However, I am being like this. This is how I feel. You had told me to not just play and then leave, that you’re not an amusement park. But I…want to play with you. When I see you, I feel I’m going crazy. I just want to hug you, touch you, and like you. So…play with me…in my everyday life. Play with me.
(trans by stroppyse @ Soompi)

We see them kiss, spend the night again, and then... it felt flat, it was lacking something (to some people). Sure, the peak of their romance was already set high from Ep 1, since it was established that they slept together. Their scenes following that incident gave us two possible endings: one where they end up together, and one where they don’t. Now the latter happened, what’s next? We expected to see their long overdue kiss to be as steamy as their built sexual tension. And yet, like the first episode, we were only shown the aftermath. Then, we were showered with ordinary moments like being in each other’s company, drinking coffee while it rains, driving, bantering, and plainly just talking.

From the first episode, their lives got tangled in many ways but we don’t see them interfere each others’ work life exhaustively. Mogun gives her space and doesn’t pry on anything related to Barro unless it directly involves Tami. And so is Tami. She doesn’t ask anything about Ga Kyung, because of what happened when she tried to meddle with his business (Ep 3). In another universe, a love triangle will surely bloom from these tangled interactions. Even the show was baiting us for this when the episode previews showed Ga Kyung and Mogun together. But nothing happened. We even see him protecting Ga Kyung no questions asked—and it was very Mogun of him to do so.

Plotwise, instead of steeping up, peaking and then steeping down then up again: their relationship remains stable. Instead of ardently showing how much they love each other, they remain simple and content. 

To others, it may feel boring, lackluster, and average than most romcom couples, especially those from tvN or even the other couples in Search:WWW .. but maybe that’s the point. Them being an “everyday couple”. Everyday (romance) life, as we experience it on our own, is not always full of fluff, drama, or passion. Sometimes, it’s just that—we just want someone that will console us, make us laugh, share stories with, make our hearts flutter with words, with actions, with just the thought of them.. someone who brings comfort and contentment in all ways. Just someone to lean on to as we live. That someone for Tami is Mogun. 

Maybe that’s why Mogun wanted her to accept him as a part of her everyday life than someone who just exist to fill the void of romance in her life. As they spend more time together, we also see how they learn new things about each other (like their pasts).

I want to end this long post with Ga Kyung’s question in Ep. 9: Do people really relate to love stories like this?

I know this was more meant and apt for her relationship with her husband but it also fits Tami and Mogeun’s. Maybe Jinwoo’s reply was written from the writer’s perspective re: love storiesㅡ “I didn't make it so they can relate. I made it so they’d be mistaken.. and think that this kind of love exists in this world.”

Not exactly ParkBai situation, but the sentiments seem applicable:

Yes, it's sad to belong to someone else,
When the right one comes along.

So I'll live my life in a dream world,
For the rest of my days.
Just you and me walking hand in hand,
In a wishful memory...
Oh, I guess it's all that it will ever be...

Sung by England Dan and John Ford Coley.

2 hours ago, forwww said:

Did Tami let go of her life ideals and views on marriage? No. I think it's fairly shown from the start that she won't change her ideals over anything. And I accept this, wholeheartedly. *But that doesn't mean they can't reach a compromise, does it?* Anyway, what did she let go then? First, her pride. When she came to him with an excuse of the earrings. Next, her guilt. I guess her guilt never really left since she felt it for him when he lost his job because of her. She just learned to call it differently: pity, affection, and maybe even love. But it's there. She is guilty of accepting to push through the relationship even if it will eventually reach to an end because of her. And that hinders both of them because she let her mind focus on that while Mogun doesn't. The partner to her guilt was respect. She respects Mogun's dream of having a family and being married so much that even though he was no intentions of using that against her, she feels it as if choosing to be with him will take away the only thing that will make him truly happy. So how dare she tells him she loves him? That is just selfish on her part. And as someone who doesn't want to step on others or hurt them in any way- she can't accept this. All while she's preventing this to happen, she realized how much she hurt him.

Sorry to cut your incredible post. I adored everything about it. But this part specially resonated with me because you explained TM and PM’s dynamic perfectly. 

Spoiler

I watched episode 14 raw and the piano teacher mentioned something about pity..now I wonder like TMs love rooted in guilt. Is the piano teachers rooted in pity? Just fascinating how love kind of blossoms from so many other emotions.

2 hours ago, J13 said:

That was such a badass satisfying ending. I absolutely love the girl power vibes and the fierceness of each of our female leads. So awesome seeing TM and CH hold hands to unite and I love when Brian returned to save the day. The contrast to GG then walking into Unicon as the new CEO was just so epic. Two very strong competing teams! Can Baro and Unicon just unite now!? Wouldn't that be epic!

Oh my goodness I cannot emphasize enough how much I love for the girl power in this show!! Please please writernims pdnims everyone in kdrama showbiz keep these kind of kdramas coming !!!!

20 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Sorry to cut your incredible post. I adored everything about it. But this part specially resonated with me because you explained TM and PM’s dynamic perfectly. 

Reveal hidden contents

I watched episode 14 raw and the piano teacher mentioned something about pity..now I wonder like TMs love rooted in guilt. Is the piano teachers rooted in pity? Just fascinating how love kind of blossoms from so many other emotions.

Waaa, thanks! All credits to the writer honestly since she made her characters and their motivations humane.

About guilt... I think her love didn't root from that. Instead, it was hindered by it. When one feels guilty towards someone, they burden themselves of the responsibility for their emotions. They feel the need to compensate for what they have done in order to free themselves from it.

Problem with Tami was she feeling guilty before there was any reason to be yet. Mogun wholeheartedly accepts her and her values so why can't she just be selfish and want what she wants? Like what @stroppyse said, she was thinking of the far future when Mogun was only thinking of the now. Through time, her guilt evolved, matured and mislead her into thinking she is doing the best for Mogun and his future when in reality, she was already hurting him.

I agree that there can be many emotions that roots from guilt, and it's not a bad thing! Like all emotions, it's the misuse and abuse of it that makes it bad. And in this case, I think Tami misused it.

34 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

While I agree that love and sexual attraction are not always enough to make a relationship work, I don't know that I would say that TM and MG should never have met nor been together. As MG said at the end in this most recent episode, they did love each other and their love had been meaningful. Whether they can actually be together or not, however, takes both of them to be committed. Heck, with any couple, even if they are committed to each other, the relationship will probably go through hard times. One can't start a relationship with nothing but reservations, however, as TM seems to have done.

A healthy love relationship helps to increase the good facets of both people.  They become more of all the worthwhile things that they already are.

Tammy and Morgan's relationship is the opposite.  It is diminishing to both of them.  Hence, I don't think they should be together.  They can't compromise equally, and they are both hurting one another.  That is an unhealthy relationship.  It's not good for either of them.

Archived