[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

preview for final episode

TM: I'm going to disclose all the policy for the main advertisement of web portal
Brian: What kind of decision will Song Ga Gyeong make?
GG: This is what I really want
GG: I've promised you to I let you know when I'm going to disappear
CH: Between the sky and the earth, I think it's just the story of us
TM: Are you really going to be okay?
MG: What if I still look pitiful?
TM: I don't think I can't bear it

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Flaneur2 said:

I became an official Soompi member just for this drama.  It is that good.

sameeee

On another note, can't wait for subs tonight!! I streamed it live but understood almost to nothing hehe, hopeful for a happy ending tommorow! :)

39 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Random, but I was sad this thread doesn’t have many pages compared to some other popular dramas because it deserves it for such a unique and incredible storyline in this kdrama.

I've been at reddit and I joined here because talking about it there wasn't enough! Haha not a lot of deep discussions also every week :(

Good old soompi, it's been 4 years since I last joined and since I last invested this much time and thinking about a drama and its characters.

I have so much in mind to talk about but I needed the finale in order to finish organizing my thoughts. I've only got time to digest and analyze the main couple since they drive the narrative, but I also took notes for the other two and the side characters. Everything was well-planned and the team behind it deserves awards and recognition when the time comes. 

I just hope people won't snob and dismiss the show because of the romance. And hope those who will binge watch this after it airs will enjoy and continue the thread.

The music !!  May I just say how great the original soundtrack is for this drama ?!  Placement is perfect.  Timing is perfect. Composition is perfect.  Melody is perfect.  Lyrics are on point.    The selection of artists is perfect.  Could it be that they have a genius game composer moonlighting as their music producer ??

35 minutes ago, Flaneur2 said:

The music !!  May I just say how great the original soundtrack is for this drama ?!  Placement is perfect.  Timing is perfect. Composition is perfect.  Melody is perfect.  Lyrics are on point.    The selection of artists is perfect.  Could it be that they have a genius game composer moonlighting as their music producer ??

Yes!!!!! I know what you feel. I was thinking they got the Millim Sound bgm for the game from the original game 'Tera' but seems like they did compose a new one for this drama.

I can't wait for the whole OST album to be available on spotify. It's too good to not be uploaded for everyone to hear :(

Found such a gem of a blog that has not only lovely insights about the drama, different references you might have missed, but also contains the map of the unique filming locations used in Search WWW.

They also have other kdrama locations on their database!

https://koreandramaland.com/search-www-2019-an-overview/

Is that like Mo-Gan/Ta-Mi's official anthem or something?!:lol: 'Cause everytime it plays, I'm like Ah~ it's their time...:phew:

I found the beginning of ep. 15 touching where Ta-Mi reflected on how far her teammates have come from ep. 01 to the present. Scarlett is truly every girl's best friend. She's so steadfastly loyal & she kicks@$$ when the need arises:D How is it that Ji-Hwan has no qualms cursing, swearing for his drama but not able to speak casually to his gf LoL!?:w00t:

OMG how devastating....Mo-Gan's Mom passes away:(:tears: I'm glad Ta-Mi was able to put their differences aside & accompany him at such a vulnerable time..

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

OMG how devastating....Mo-Gan's Mom passes away:(:tears: 

It is very sad. 

But in terms of drama quality, I don't like it:  it's a cheap way for writer-nim to solve the Tammy/Morgan problem

1 hour ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Is that like Mo-Gan/Ta-Mi's official anthem or something?!:lol: 'Cause everytime it plays, I'm like Ah~ it's their time...:phew:

Well... the lyrics are like it's written specifically for them: 

"I don't want to become a person who can't live without you, so that I can leave you first."

"I make these stupid calculations so that I handle only as much as I can."

"Do you know, that these things don't matter?"

"I don't want to become a person who can't walk alone."

"In this life that I've been running endlessly, you were like a chair to rest on."

They might as well just make up a story that TaMi wrote these lyrics and MoGun made the melody and it'll make sense.  

The ending where MoGun's instinct was to run to TaMi but then held back because they've broken up... specifically, the lyrics were:

"I didn't know, that this road would be hard for you..."

*MoGun faces us head on.*

"Being unable to walk alone..."

*Cut, zoom in, pregnant pause, as if MoGun is confused or conflicted between his head and heart. He blinks.*

"I don't want to become that person. So that I can leave you first. I make all these stupid calculations so I only handle what I can..."

"But do you know..."

*fade to black*

"That all these don't matter."

-End-

I will be so sad when this show ends tomorrow. I can't bear to say goodbye to such quality.

1 hour ago, thistle said:

It is very sad. 

But in terms of drama quality, I don't like it:  it's a cheap way for writer-nim to solve the Tammy/Morgan problem

As a person working in the "life industry"... ha. 

It might be a cheap twist for you, but for me, it was another ice cold splash of reality. 

And the writer actually alluded to this way earlier in the episode where JinWoo's news reported of a car accident of a lady in her forties in Paris, which, wow, planning. I'm pretty sure someone once asked why MoGun's Mom was introduced or something. 

That reminds me: I adore how when JinWoo offered never to come to their apartment instead of having GaGyeong find another place and asked what he should do if he missed her, all she said was to find a reasonable excuse (to come over). *mysqwishyheart!*

@Ameera Ali do I laugh or do I like it? I wish a fan would edit their whole romance into a video? I would totally download it onto my phone and watch it again. Although I would look like a loon if I watch it in public.

Because it is a pain looking fur their scenes. Although I wasn't paying attention in the earlier episodes. I keep getting that drama confused with " Shady mother in law " and keep wanting to try it out.

18 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

@Ameera Ali do I laugh or do I like it? I wish a fan would edit their whole romance into a video? I would totally download it onto my phone and watch it again. Although I would look like a loon if I watch it in public.

Like you I love this couple , I keep lurking to look for their scene :relaxed: , fan should make more Video including the kiss 

1 hour ago, xxPeepsxx said:

It might be a cheap twist for you, but for me, it was another ice cold splash of reality. 

In real life, it would not be cheap.  But this is Not real life.  It is a drama, and the writer is taking an "easy out" to solving a dramatic problem that has mushroomed for 14 episodes and now somehow needs to be resolved within the last two.  Tammy and Morgan's relationship has been the "elephant in the room" throughout, and the writer obviously can't figure how to get it out of the door.  

That is bad planning, and I call it a cheap fix because it takes no great thought to come up with a Deus Ex Machina like this--yeah, dramatic cheap fixes go all the way back to ancient Greece when writers failed to think ahead.  Although it is in the dramatic tradition, that's no excuse.

This drama was apparently intended to be ground-breaking regarding powerful women and so forth.  But the drama itself has lacked consistency, and the writer has relied on some lazy thinking.  It is still a good drama, and I have enjoyed watching it.  However, it could have been better.  The cinematography and the music have been beauiful, and it is the writer is to blame for the inadequacies in plot, character, and action.

Killing off Morgan's mother opens the door for Tammy to replace her.  Instead of having or being a strong and equal partner, this diminishes Morgan even further because now she's gonna be viewing him with pity and regret.  That's no way to move a relationship forward either in real life or in drama.

1 hour ago, xxPeepsxx said:

As a person working in the "life industry"... ha. 

As a person who has no idea what you are referring to...huh?

What was the OST playing in the MV? I haven't watched it before but heard the song. Goodness me I do love Korean OSTs. The lyrics made me squeal like a kid in a candy store it's so sweet it's like a love story when you listen to it.

Ok. Better get back to reality. And get to work. @thistle I am cutting the writer quite a bit of slack. I hope she improves and learns to tighten the details. She already wrote 2 couples whom I am kind of impressed with. And most of all NO 2nd lead. The piano teacher doesn't count. At this point it looks like she is doing better with the repressed feelings love lines than the openly dating couple in this drama. Look at SGG today. I would never have picked her to have a romance at all from the first scene I saw of her with JW. I thought he would be a typical chaebol's son douchebag. I was kind of flailing with giddy emotions when he outright asked to meet her once they are living apart. And I need to go rewatch the hysterically funny crying CH scene. Omg that woman is so good at histrionics.

So Ta Mi and Morgan. Well. I don't know what to say. The writer did make him adopted. Such an overused plot. But has parental contact but don't quite know what's the point as it makes it worse she kills off the birth mother. I am not sure If Ta Mi will be or is meant to be a lesson learnt of dealing with loss and abandonment in a positive moving forward manner. Or a cheap plot point. I mean it needed planning to write in a birth mother parallel emotions when the inevitable OTP break up happens. 

Maybe the writer didn't want to emphasise the age difference- current drama trend anyway- with obvious parents oppositions,  leaving overseas, blackmail or cancer plots. So she had to find something to break them up.

Methinks it's hard work. Maybe she is working alone vs a team. Who knows? Either way she didn't leave that many gaps in her writing. Because I am not actually cursing the Baro vs Unicon plot. Unlike some dramas ie where I saw mistaken identity or magical objects explanations that were so lame I want to smack the writer for going on and on about it.

Really going now since I am so late and I do rewant to watch Cha Hyeon and the whole banmal issue. JH saying " don't cry " 4 ways is hysterical. One of the funniest scenes I have watched in a Kdrama. That guy- the character vs the actor- is SO SWEET I want them to just be sweet together all the time.

7 hours ago, forwww said:

Yes!!!!! I know what you feel. I was thinking they got the Millim Sound bgm for the game from the original game 'Tera' but seems like they did compose a new one for this drama.

I can't wait for the whole OST album to be available on spotify. It's too good to not be uploaded for everyone to hear :(

Found such a gem of a blog that has not only lovely insights about the drama, different references you might have missed, but also contains the map of the unique filming locations used in Search WWW.

They also have other kdrama locations on their database!

https://koreandramaland.com/search-www-2019-an-overview/

started an account here to say thank you! @forwww :lol: 

hello all! #TeamPuppy (aka SeolHwan couple) represent :) don't want the drama to end but wanna see our WWW couples happy in their own ways!

Archived