Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

21 hours ago, xxPeepsxx said:

That's true. I agree 100%.

But it's also true that MoGun coming to understand how TaMi thinks means the end of their relationship because there's just no going forward with that any more, which is why I really liked that ending dialogue.

As much as this is a TaMi problem, it's now MoGun's turn to let her go because he loves her. There's nothing else he can do. TaMi's the only one who can fix this.

Honestly, I do think TaMi is very well characterized though. Just because you're a lady warrior at work doesn't mean you're just as strong when it comes to relationships. Because success at work can largely be something you can control independently or if it doesn't work, something you can leave pretty easily because it's just work, but when it comes to relationships, it's something you can't do alone and you even have to take account of another person's perspective so that your good intents aren't misconstrued and the thing about relationships is even if you do everything right, the other person might still leave and the whole thing falls apart. It's that vulnerability inherent in emotional relationships that TaMi is too emotionally immature for which results in this.

I mean, people over-compensate. Work is where she traditionally excels and what she's confident in but relationships is like unchartered territory and so I'm not sure if she is ready to believe in a relationship that, given all signs and signals, is gonna fail. It doesnt make her any less badass though, in my books. Just very complicated and frustrating.

I agree with what you both said and I can't see a way forward for this couple.  Morgan is the mature one.  His heart may be broken but he see that as long as Tammy thinks the way she does he has to let her go. I don't have a problem with him.  Tammy is the one who will never be happy.  She can't live in the here and now because she is always looking for the end in the future.  Let's face it Morgan was right when he told her everything ends. That is life.  Do you give up happiness because it will end some day? If you do that you can never be happy.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2

This drama is beginning to make me crazy. I think that all three women may be together and brave in their business lives but when it comes to their private lives they wimp out and Tammy is the biggest wimp of them all. She goes on and on about what Morgan will do in the future and how they may fall apart in the future. No one is guaranteed a future. Throwing away happiness in the now will guarantee a future of unhappiness. The other women are also stuck in the same dilemma with Scarlet being the only one who shows a sign that she may smarten up and grab onto the hope of personal happiness. Right now, Tammy is a hopeless cause and I for one hope Morgan moves on. He deserves better than a person who is too afraid to live in the here and now. There is still hope for the other two. Maybe Song Ga Kyung can find her way to a relationship with her husband as there is still something there. Maybe without the pressure of his mother, they can build a more honest relationship. I think he reality loves her. Now that she is taking back her power from her mother in law and others there might be a chance for her to reach for happiness. There is not much time left in this drama for the writers to end it in a real but hopeful way.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 2

While im happy that Scarlett is with JH, what would their future be i wonder since he is an up and coming *popular actor? And we know how secretive the entertainment industry is until they are oust by Dispatch... haha... with Scarlett's strong personality, i do worry that JH will be intidimated by her as the relationship progressed, haha...sorry, who can forget the car smashing incident:)

Urgh.. i dislike the way Tami just left Morgan on the steps like that at the ending. Yes i know you have to leave but you know the boy is crying his eyes out for you. Yes, we dont want a repeat of reconcilation of the previous breakup style... but .... sigh.. yeah, i still want them to be together.  If French president Emmanuel Macron can marry his high school teacher when he was 30 and she was 54, anything can happen... hehe.... 

GG and hubby, kisss kisss kisss! 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lindas55 said:

This drama is beginning to make me crazy. I think that all three women may be together and brave in their business lives but when it comes to their private lives they wimp out and Tammy is the biggest wimp of them all. 

I agree with you 100%. It's what I think too. 

Our girls are so awesome in what they do professionally, but when it comes to love, they're like high school kids who are still trying to find their footing on how it works.

This shows that when it comes to love, age is just a number. You can be in your late 30s and still don't know how you'll handle it. And you can be in your 20s and you already know what you want in a relationship.

• Like 13

2 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Let me take a moment to appreciate  Lee Jae Wook. The 1998er.

He can act. Has the height. Knows how to pick his projects. And has chemistry with his co star. And I write this with no intention of starting a fan war.

The ability to have chemistry with a co- star is not something you can make. Sometimes I think it's a gift. The same as screen charisma. It's just that we currently have on screen 3 young actors all born within 14 months of each other. Yet presenting so differently.

Even when one can act choosing the right project is also something elusive right? That's why I said LJW is something else. I was rewatching his Min Hyuk and Min Has scenes on the daily drama. Then when I see him go into character for MJ or MH then switch so effortlessly into SJH I go " whoa, he's so good. "

If you ignore the subs. Ignore Scarlett during the last episode scene and just see SJH you can see so many expressions go through his face. I actually repeated that scene just to rewatch him and I am saying this purely now from an acting admiration POV. 

And then he goes and has chemistry in spades with LDH who's over 14 years older. Those 2 are just wonderful characters to watch.

He goes back to playing his age in his next drama.  I also like it that he is building his resume and not being or not offered lead roles. The number of dramas which I have suffered through because of a lame duck lead. But I happen to like the writer or plot so I have to suffer watching someone idol- like or popular get the lead role.

In case you guys are wondering if it's because of his looks it's not. I happen to like tall actors true but he actually has an older face-and eyebags- not a baby face. His eyes are rather small and he has eye liner which I dislike intensely. However he is so natural with his acting that it has caught my attention. So when he has a good character written for him, then has chemistry with his co-star and they make the screen sizzle; it makes me very happy to see their romance.

Scarlett's reaction for the male lead confession was so cute. Her reaction for the onscreen kiss so bang on accurate it just makes the whole scene better. His reaction watching her was just as good viewing.

That brings me to the last point, not quite proven yet but LJW can at least kiss right? So

yes this post is basically me feeling happy to have a male character I can watch. Because prior to this I just finished 2 dramas where at least one lead wasn't up to the acting challenge. The 3rd where the role was hard and the chemistry just wasn't there.

The other current drama which I am currently enjoying is Perfume. The male lead there is absolutely slaying the role. To the point that I am fascinated just watching him emote.

Lee Jae Wook's facial expressions are subtle but they transition fast and smoothly. His eyes emote- and we all know how difficult that is for some idols- and he just becomes who he is supposed to be. Add on chemistry and good role choices? This viewer is just a happy viewer at present. 

And since a lot of ppl have seen my usual grumpy, sarcastic comments on other dramas, this ain't my usual sort of posts. I do not gush. Not on Kdramas. And not in real life. So this feels very gushy to me.

Thanks for writing a post about Lee Jaewook! So on point oh gosh! I wanted to write about him but I have been so lazy recently, so I really appreciate you writing this.

I must say for someone who is so young and relatively young, Lee Jaewook is really nailing it! If I didn't look up his profile, I would have thought he was a child actor who has got many years of acting experience. He is really expressive (but not overly) and I especially love his subtle expressions when he is listening to his co-actors (mostly just Lee Dahee in this drama) talk. The way he acts is so natural, makes it feel like he isn't acting. I have seen too many young actors (esp idols) who are literally just reading out their scripts, that it frustrates me so much even though the storyline attracts me. He is definitely one of the rare gems that I will be looking out for in future. I can't wait to see what other surprises he has for us in his future projects!

Just a last note before I end my post - Lee Jaewook's chemistry with Lee Dahee is explosive even though they are 13 years apart in actual age!! Can someone please make them both the leads for a rom-com? I can watch them act all lovey-dovey for 16 episodes. Drama gods, I hope you listen to my pleas and answer to my prayers... soon!!!

• Like 10

6 hours ago, rubie said:

The phone was ringing suddenly. oops.gif Knowing CH, her reaction would likely to throw and shut it down. :P But JH sensing that she'd do that, reassure her that the ringing doesn't matter. It might be a 2G phone but it's his precious phone after all. The ringtone even sounded like the background music for their much-awaited moment. :lol:

I don't think anyone else has mentioned the thing that I loved so much about that scene:  when they kissed, all of the phones in the Lost & Found started ringing as though somehow they were responding to the energy from the kiss.  Loved seeing all the phones lighting up in the background to encourage CH and JH.

• Like 6
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

Another great episode with lots of squeal worthy moments and another strong ending to top it off! I can't believe there's only 2 episodes left to go!

CH and JH are beyond adorable! I love both characters so much! I could not stop smiling when JH brought the roses for the doggy. I really thought he was going to secretly give them to CH but when he took them to the doggy, my love for him grew even more! I love how they are both opposites in so many ways and yet both are so hopelessly romantic and awkward in love. How sweet was it when JH didnt want CH to see the kiss scene in the drama!? And watching CH switch from fangirl to girlfriend mode was so funny haha I don't think their relationship will be affected regardless of JH becoming more famous because you can see how much they both admire, respect and care about eachother. 

GG and JW made me hold my breath today when they were running away from the reporters, there is so much tension between them. You can see how much JW cares about GG and how much he wants to help and protect her. I love that GG isn't stupid and can see this too hence why she is starting to have feelings for him too. I have loved watching their relationship develop and can't wait to see more little moments in the last 2 episodes. I hope his mum backs off so GG and JW can start a proper normal relationship.

I am actually hoping TM and PM don't get back together unless TM can stop worrying about every single possible scenario that can potentially arise in a relationship that has a negative impact. PM was absolutely right in saying that TM focuses only on the future and not the present so she really can't properly enjoy the relationship because of her fears. At first I thought it was PM hoping TM would eventually come around about the whole marriage thing but I think it's TM who mainly overthinks the whole situation and causes more conflict between the two. I think PM would be content to spend his life with TM without getting married but TM appears to have a lot of 'what ifs' and insecurities about the whole thing on top of other doubts. I actually think DI and PM are more compatible, not because of the marriage/same life goals reasoning, but because they both would love and appreciate one another whole heartedly. Not that TM can't do this too but it just seems like such an effort for her and I feel bad for PM and think he deserves more.. It is ironic that for someone who is so business savvy, strong willed, confident and composed, TM is actually the one afraid to commit. Anyways I think they'll end up back together regardless but I do hope it's TM who comes to her senses and pursues PM this time.

• Like 12

What a sad episode :tears: I can feel what Tami feels, TM worried about PM's future but I think she is still selfish. Maybe she "love" Morgan just because she feels happy when Morgan is besides her. She didn't want let Morgan go is not because she really loves him. I feel sad for her, her ego is stronger than her feels, thats why she's crying so loud. This is not her expected, she's not ready to losing him but she can't do anything but leave him immediately. That's a good choice but sadly at the same time. Hope they have a good ending even though they will end up just become a good friend. 

Eps 14 is daebak! Not ready next week is the last :tears:

• Like 8

I think this is a first that this thread has jumped so many pages after an episode... I had a hard time catching up with all the great posts!!

Since many have written so well about our three couples, I will just take this chance to shout out:

THEY KISSED!! MY SHIP FINALLY SAILED!!! :mrgreen:

@thistle Love your point about diminishing each other and how it is an unhealthy relationship. Fully agree. I'm glad to see them breaking up now (me want to hug MG), although I really don't mind seeing Writer have them together again before the drama ends, with some growth from TM of course. Why can't she change her view on marriage? ie. wanting to be married so as to remain with someone she loves. Change is growth. Nothing wrong with that. When you love someone, you'd be willing to change yourself. Not because the other person demands it, but because you want to, willingly, so as to make that person happy. It doesn't make her less a Tammy. Someone in the thread mentioned about the practicality of being legally married, ie. to sign for administrative papers for your spouse, esp. in emergency situation. This is a very real issue. What will she do if let's say Morgan got into an accident and requires immediate medical action? She's going to go look for his parents first and wait for them to arrive to sign the papers for him? Anyway.... looking forward to a great finale week! I have faith in this Writer.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

I honestly couldn't understand what Ga-Gyeong was muttering in English, the Na lady was much worse, laughable even. Thank goodness for subs.

Is it just me or do the American actors in this show working for Unicon global call it UNICORN??

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, philosophie said:

Is it just me or do the American actors in this show working for Unicon global call it UNICORN??

Well, the Chinese subs translate it literally to “unicorn” the creature as the name of company, when the spelling is clearly not.

Anyway, there are unicorn companies for those who are not aware. So the company name in the drama Unicon is a play on reference to unicorn companies. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

44 minutes ago, philosophie said:

Yes, the English speakers are calling it "Unicorn", but see @ktcjdrama's explanation for it.

Btw, a unicorn company is an entirely privately held company that grows to over $1 billion dollars valuation. These companies are actually very rare because most companies will go public long before they reach that size. So, the term was coined after the mythical beast because of their rarity.

I'm not sure if the wordplay for Unicon is on the unicorn companies specifically or to the mythical creature in general, but it is also in the way that Koreans would pronounce "unicon" and "unicorn" pretty much exactly the same, unless they're able to pronounce a western "r" versus the Korean version which is much softer.

5 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

And since a lot of ppl have seen my usual grumpy, sarcastic comments on other dramas, this ain't my usual sort of posts. I do not gush. Not on Kdramas. And not in real life. So this feels very gushy to me.

I had to check several times to make sure that it was you posting that! :lol: Seriously, though, nice appreciation post and you pointed out some very good things. I was surprised to realize that he was also the actor who played Marco in MoA, but I do rather think he's doing a lovely job here. And, the meta scenes where he is acting as an actor with the twin characters in the drama within the drama make for fun viewing.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Hi.. silent lurker here...

I just have 1 question .... has PMG ever said the 3 magical words to BTM yet ? I can't seem to remember :huh: Well if he hasnt, then am keeping my fingers crossed that he'll say it next week ...and there we go....a very happy ending...

OK... back to my stealth mode..and i'll be listening to Lee Hi's Breathe everyday till next Wed !!!

• Like 7

Perhaps, the writer is using the three couples to depict the stages of, not so much romance, but as of a relationship.

JH and CH is the initial stage of giddiness and euphoria where everything is beautiful.  Enjoying, without thought of anything else. :wub:

Passing beyond the initial stage, TM and MG is the next stage of contemplating the future with or without one  another.  Happiness and/or individualism at stake. :mellow:

And, GG and JW is the stage of learning the boundaries to which one can compromise, and deny ones real self, for the sake of a relationship. :huh:

For the ending, I see three couples who have learned more about themselves --- in what they most value, how much they can give of themselves without feeling like it is penance, and how much not to worry about the future and enjoy the present.

Out of all three women, it is TM who has had to have  the strongest mindset for working in a competitive world.  She is the one who has climbed to her level, at Unicon, absolutely on her own skills.  Her success came from being totally goal-oriented and  completely focused on achieving her results by being thorough and all encompassing in her insights.  And, her goal was achieved by manipulating users into the direction that TM wanted them to go or do.

So, it is no surprise that she evaluates and looks for finite answers to her relationship the same way she does with her projects.  It seems she is aware of how her brain works, which is why she is so concerned that she may be manipulating PM into a stance that negatively affect his dream and desires.

The meta on daily dramas is hilarious.  "The truth is that I am not 33 yrs old, but 66 yrs old."  The tell-tale mole on the neck.  They are making the ridiculous even more ridiculous. :w00t:

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

My compromise (not that it matters, of course ): Mo will love Mi for 1000 years and continue to fight with the right mindset to rescue her (from her own confinement) . Anything.  But not with the piano teacher.  Just no.  #mimoforever

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

But i still don't get it when morgan said "I get it now bla bla bla..its better I didn't understand because if I understand we must have to break up". What's the point he got?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, snitchdream08 said:

But i still don't get it when morgan said "I get it now bla bla bla..its better I didn't understand because if I understand we must have to break up". What's the point he got?

My understanding is this ties back to when Morgan was waiting for Tami outside of Barro, the show repeated a scene from ep8 whereby in order for them to be happy together Tami said "... then one of us will have to cave in. Either you will never experience marriage, or I'm forced to have marriage in my life. One of us will have to sacrifice in the name of love. Is it right to start a relationship? If neither is willing to do so, we'll have to end our relationship."

At the school, Morgan said "He thought if he's OK with no marriage, it'd be OK... but it's not... he understands now." I think it's important to take into account their conversation (as above) his decision. Other than realising Tami's POV (not wanting to be a destroyer of his dream) from his mother, he also realised he too is unwilling to let go of wanting to be married. These were supported by two scenes of him showing he still want marriage: (1) when Tami suggested to live together (2) telling Da In of course he wants to be married but he can't do it alone. Tami saw his disappointed face from #1 and heard it indirectly from Da In for #2. It's from these incidents onwards that their relationship went downhill.

It takes two to tango. Tami had been crystal clear she doesn't want marriage, and doesn't intend to change her mind. On the other hand, Morgan even though believe he could do without marriage he wasn't being convincing. Just like how Morgan could sense Tami is withholding herself, Tami also can sense he still wants marriage from her.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, snitchdream08 said:

Their main issue is that, MG is ok with their situation, with him possibly not marrying in the future just to be with TM. But TM is not ok with it. 

So, by not understanding that it's an issue, he can pretend that because he's ok with it, then, everything will be ok, if not now, at least at some point. But by understanding, it means he has to give up TM because it's finally accepting that there's no way for them to move forward and have a good future together if TM has that mindset. So, they should break up now since there's no point in continuing to something that's unsolvable. I think this is his point.

And I think it's a smart move. I think TM needs the time and space to be by herself so she can really think things through. I think TM needs to really think on what she wants in their relationship without the pressure of being in the relationship.

So, he let TM go. And allow TM to realize if MG is "it" for her. And if he is, what should she do? Will she make a move to stay with him or will she give up?  

It's actually why I like them. Their relationship is so complex. And it's not all fluff (though, their lovey-dovey moments made my heart flutter :) ). Theirs, I think, given time, and with right choices, can be a beautiful and mature relationship. And I really, seriously, hoping for a happy ending for them.

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, savingrace said:

I wish we've been given more background about TM to understand her better. 

I agreed. We only got a little bit from Lee Dong Wook’s character. 

• Like 4