[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

9 minutes ago, Flaneur2 said:

Sad MG.  I just can't.  Even seeing KU CEO go down won't help.   I think I'll have to refrain from watching the last two episodes until I see a happy ending for TM and MG.  I'm in that camp.

Even though I think that they should not be together (that is certainly what I would say about a real life couple in their unhappy and unhealthy situation), I am still rooting for a happy ending of some kind for all three couples in this drama. 

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on Scarlett on makin' the first move!:wub: Her dress was really pweeettyyy~:D When she was rambling, I legit yelled at my laptop screen (to Ji-Hwan) "Kiss her back you fool!"^_^:P And of course he did YaY (happy dance) Then he tried to block her from watchin' his kissing scenes LMFAo!:w00t: Their relationship is really that of a teenage young love eventhough they're both wayyy past their teens:lol: I guess their next hurdle will be to survive his army service...stay strong Scarlett/Ji-Hwan.

I really think Ji-Hwan & Mo-Gan should keep their bangs slicked back, they look hotter that way eheheh. Mo-Gan's teary face at the end...:tears: but it needed to be done. It was tiring, maybe time apart will do them both good. The Da-In revelation was so left field but typical in most K-Dramas when they want to add tension to a OTP dynamic.

I honestly couldn't understand what Ga-Gyeong was muttering in English, the Na lady was much worse, laughable even. Thank goodness for subs.

I like TM. I like MG. Individually. Couple together? I watched it as a disinterested 3rd party.

Cha Hyeon- nim tonight however? God. Those 2 are saccharine sweet together. Cha Hyeon's earnestness and then his earnest confessions just slayed me. It doesn't hurt that he has a deep swoony smooth voice.

In fact all 3 male leads have deep baritone voices. Was it deliberate casting?

Ah.. that's why I love romance in a Kdrama. So good. So so good. Didn't you guys squeal with what he said? If I was a swoony sort of person I would have.

Scarlett being a drama fan and wanting to watch the climax and swiping him aside. Then him knowing what's coming made me laugh so much. Him trying to explain made me chuckle even more. Her trying to fast forward the relationship because he is leaving has been hilarious.

I am a happy, happy drama viewer.

JW and GG has been interesting to watch. Their vibes are totally different. Intense and suppressed. Her father is an a- hole douchebag and so self centred. They were so cool at the movie premier. She wore a dress just to take a photo with him right? I would squeal but it's so SGG.  You mean they haven't taken a photo before? At this point their relationship has been so business- like I am not even sure they lived together from day one. Ever.

Ok. Ta Mi. Do I really have to talk about her? Short sumarry. She has a right to feel what she feels. Misguided or neurotic or off- tangent. She has been a workaholic and in control of her destiny. She wants to be in control. Marriage is not on her radar much less marriage to a younger man who has the love and fairytale ending. 

She is probably going crazy thinking of all the possible scenarios. After all she is good at predicting future trends at her job. I agree with her logical conclusions of the possible future. People like that cannot or it's hard to sway their opinions. Let her go stew on it till she reaches a conclusion she is at peace with.

Whether MG will wait for her when she reaches her conclusion is another matter. But isn't that the point? He is young. He has time. He has someone ready to be his forever. It needs not be Ta Mi. You guys say he wants Ta Mi? Fine then. When she reaches the conclusion he will be there. Isn't that love? Love is patient blah blah blah.

That was all hogwash. I don't really care for the Ta Mi and Mo Geun couple. They don't rock my boat. However  I can sympathise with Ta Mi. That is why I am writing. She has spent like 15 years on Unicon trying to predict what the consumers want. To make things perfect. Why would anyone expect a workaholic perfectionist to suddenly accept something uncontrollable as present love. When it doesn't make sense loving a 10yr younger guy who wants marriage and kids to work?

I woudn't.

Just watch the subbed episode. I laughed (Thanks Scarlett, you brought so much joy in the midst of the outburst of emotions), I teared. Such a beautiful and intelligent script that grabbed at the heart, often. Will likely rewatch some scenes over and over again during the week. I think I need to “heal” from feeling the pain of our OTP. 

Someone mentioned this writer has surpassed Kim Eun Sook? I don’t know this writer’s name or work but this drama is definitely up there with the “heavyweights”, in my enjoyment. :wub:

I am tired. I guessed like the OTP,  sometimes you have invested in the relationship deeper than you allowed it or realized it. I won’t try to analyze the OTP’s every emotion and decision anymore. All I know is this process of Ta Mi’s vulnerability and push&pull emotional state resonate, even as she has to deliver and delivering her best at work. And I totally get Morgan’s vulnerability and trauma from past/baggage. 

I just hope for a good ending, however it may be. Writer-nim & PD-nim (More rain/flower petal flurries?) Hwaiting :wub:

Totally into the Scarlett jihwan pairing and that young actor is really good... did someone say he was 21 in RL????

If he continues like this...he will have a bright future...

It's really interesting this chemi... between a totally badass chick whose super soft side gets totally drawn out by this pure soul...

Also funny that in his previous makjang role... he was also a complete thug... 

Really like how the work drama is also panning out though didn't appreciate that's slightly old school CEO with his goons...

Finally.  I can respect Tammy and Morgan.  They needed this break up.  It had to happen.

What Tammy said was perfect:  Love doesn't solve everything.  Sometimes it can ruin the life you've drawn for yourself.  Your love might end up destroying the life of a loved one.  Are you okay with that?  As the destroyer in this scenario, I'm not.

Tammy had to own the fact that her relationship worries about Morgan were dragging her down and making her struggle.  And Morgan finally understands that she is not okay with him having to give up his hope for the future.  His lack of understanding was keeping him the underdog in this relationship, and it was making him weaker. 

This is what I mean about being diminished. The relationship was damaging both of them Because they loved each other too much to let go.  

The most loving and brave thing a person can do is walk away when their love is hurting the person they love.  

Oddly enough, facing these most terrible truths can actually help their relationship succeed if they find one another again because now they both know what is real and what is damaging.  This break up brings them back on an even footing because now Tammy isn't the only one who has to be emotionally strong.  Morgan has to face what he really wants instead of just denying himself.  

The roses in the garden of love have real thorns on them.

Have been following the discussion on this thread and saw many insightful comments.

just a random thought - since the focus of this kdrama is largely on female with strong characters. Will the ending be that none of them end up with the men? They could be just part of the story but not your typical happily ever after ending? 

This will be sad but not impossible. There was a scene of Scarlett and SJH which we havn’t see  as well. 

I will definitely miss this drama when it ends next week.  The intelligent dialogue and discourse, the strong and interesting characters, the relationships.... I hope the writer makes more dramas like this in the future.  From the viewpoints presented in this forum, you can see that it succeeded in making us think and reflect on different issues and how we related and reacted to the different characters.  I always find it interesting to read other people’s viewpoints because I want to learn and understand their thoughts besides my own and I hope that when I share my thoughts, that people will also feel the same way.

Anyway, special shoutout on the work stories.  I especially appreciate Brian, his leadership style.  His being a mentor to Tammy and Tammy being a mentor to Ellie are so good to watch

I am expecting an open ending actually since SJH is in the military. SGG is still retaining her independence. TM will probably be shown having a bit of trust and leave the future to pan itself out.

It's not exactly a wedding and children sort of drama. Plus honestly I like their work. And I want them to continue to work. Maybe not so much overtime but yeah continue working.

I can't actually see how they can have a firm happy ending with the way the plots or rather characters are written. They are still changing.

It's good. It might actually suit the drama. All I know is the writer is really good. The lines are well written. Did I read right that it's a rookie writer? Really????

49 minutes ago, millicom said:

I always find it interesting to read other people’s viewpoints because I want to learn and understand their thoughts besides my own and I hope that when I share my thoughts, that people will also feel the same way.

I'm glad to hear someone who thinks as I do.  :)

Some people will be receptive and considerate; some won't (I've been on the receiving end of the "won't" bunch on a different thread recently; it wasn't pleasant). 

Personally I like to read differing opinions (as long as they are offered respectfully) because it really helps me to re-formulate my own opinions on what I'm watching.....after all, I may have a strong feeling about a drama but I can easily be wrong.  Hearing the opposite side can confirm one way or another, or it may lead me in a new direction altogether.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts about this drama.  And I think we're all rooting for the leads, even when we don't agree with the leads (or one another).

Despite what it might sound like sometimes, I don't dislike Tammy and Morgan.  I just think their relationship has been a mess.  Actually really liking the actors in those roles--they are definitely bringing home the drama, in a good way.

2 hours ago, jbying7 said:

Someone mentioned this writer has surpassed Kim Eun Sook? I don’t know this writer’s name or work but this drama is definitely up there with the “heavyweights”, in my enjoyment. :wub:

It was me. The writer is Ms Kwon DoEun and Search:WWW is her debut work. I mentioned Kim EunSook because she was formally from Kim EunSook's writing team before heading this drama herself. 

I can see Kim EunSook's influence in this drama's snappy, witty dialogue, but I think Kwon EunDo has far surpassed her mentor by actually creating deep, human, believable characters (see how we're all arguing about TaMi and MoGun) and holding the excitement all the way to the end. 

Good job!

I suddenly recalled that one of the last days of filming PMG was at the school compound and it showed him scribbling something on the steps. He had a jacket on so can’t be the scene from ep 14.

So i think we might have a good ending for TM and MG. 

Just my delusional mind acting up. Anyone feels the same? 

12 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

It's good. It might actually suit the drama. All I know is the writer is really good. The lines are well written. Did I read right that it's a rookie writer? Really????

Yeah, this is the first time Kwon Do-Eun is the lead screenwriter of a show, but she's worked as part of Kim Eun Sook's team who wrote shows like "Mr Sunshine", "Goblin", and "Descendants of the Sun". She will go far if she keeps writing such intelligent characters and dialogue

It's kind of like she's Ellie to Kim Eun Sook's Tammy in terms of being mentored

I love scarlert and seol jihwan couple:wub:. Does scarlet want to throw jihwan phone when their are kissing:sweatingbullets: and jihwan stop him?

I like the way drama potray scarlet love story. A woman can be as cool as her during work and turn cute/pretty with someone she love. 

And i love scarlet's clothessss!!!!!

Am enjoying reading everyone's thoughts and reflections following the conclusion of this week's episodes. Joining in the vibrancy of discussions with my few cents' worth:

Story Themes

I think this drama very ambitiously wants to raise contemporary issues for discussion in the context of today's Korean society, and while many of the issues are clearly related to Korean culture, it also resonates with those of us consuming this as part of popular culture of our time. 

Class and power 

This is a very popular theme in many Korean dramas, but over the years, the form of discussion has changed. Women in power are clearly part of this game too, and this is not a world that is dominated only by men. This is very succinctly summarised by CEO Na Inkyung's when she tells Chairman Jang Hee-eun that when one has neither power nor resources, one's competency is determined by willingness to bow to the authority of those in power.

The struggle between class and power is further confounded by cultural ideas of filial piety and generational hegemony where parents have an unquestioned authority over their children. So within each class, we see power plays between generations. Parental decisions continue to impact the lives of their children even after they have assumed adulthood. While some have abdicated their role (e.g. in the case of Park Morgan's mother who gave him up for adoption), others refuse to let of it and see it as their absolute right to hold their children hostage to their desires in the case of Song Gakyung, Oh Jinwoo and their tragic relationship with their parents. 

This theme is also further discussed, though not as heavily, in the relationships between the 3 women and their back stories that extend knowingly for Gakyung and Cha Hyeon, and unknowingly for these 2 ladies with Bae Tami into their school history. They were already defined by relationships of seniority and resource allocation by association back in their school days, influencing feelings of gratitude or determination against structures in their adult relationships. 

Gender, age and romantic relationships

It's a kdrama of the romance genre. Of course this has to be a theme. But I am liking how this writer is choosing to frame these relationships through the lives of these 3 women who are similar in terms of their willpower and grit, but different because of the values they each hold and circumstances in life.

Song Gakyung, unfortunate royalty

Song Gakyung was very clearly placed into a marriage of convenience, not dissimilar from political marriages that forged alliances between nations and tribes in monarchies of old. We know in many arranged marriages, developing love and affection for your partner is not impossible, and in fact, many women before us did. But women today also have more options and choices available to them through education, and in Ep 12, we finally see that all the smarts that we saw and heard of of her in her school days is starting to show. It has simply been unfortunate for her that she had never had the luxury of exploring romantic relationships for as long as she could not shed the responsibilities that came with her birthright (cf. Queen Elizabeth I and Mary Queen of Scots), but the moment she let go of all of that through her divorce, it seems as though love might eventually find her. I am rooting for her and Jinwoo. 

Cha Hyeon, warrior princess

I have to admit - she's my favourite of them all. A princess in her own right, Cha Hyeon had talents not typically associated with the mainstream. She was athletically gifted, and that's rare. Unfortunately, she lost that arena but her personality rooted in this nature to fight kept her from falling. Well managed and forged alliances (with Gakyung in her youth and Brian in her adulthood) kept her afloat and successful. She has a childlike loyalty to unwavering values and this is what is admirable - she never once gives up on them though she is well aware that at times, she needs to negotiate her lines albeit within what she still deems as reasonable. It causes her heartache in relationships because these values also confuse her romantically when she tries to make sense of "right and wrong" when she tries to sort out what she's doing for Seol Ji Hwan. She started off by giving him that support because she took responsibility for his injuries, but beyond that, she could not tell if it was for mere responsibility that she continued to show him favour, or if it was for the unconditionality of her affections for him that she did so. This unconditional show of affection is what Cha Hyeon understands as love. And she's got it right. Which is why she deserves a partner like Seol Ji Hwan who is so pure in spirit that he holds no ill intention or hidden agenda in any request or choices he makes, right down to why his phone does only what a phone does - connecting him to people - and why he supports the old lady at the subway station selling flowers. Love her, love him, totally rooting for them!

Bae Tami, trapped in the world of her creation

Of the 3, actually, we know least of Bae Tami, and that is what makes me feel a lot less for her. It is hard to empathise with her because little is known of how she became who she is, but she has clearly shifted her own goalposts over the years to the point where she is now so steeped in her own circular definitions of who she is and how her world should be, that she either needs to get out of them in order to live a more liberating life, or bow to her own rules because pride does not allow her to do otherwise. 

At work, Tami professes objectivity to justify her willingness to cut corners and burn bridges to achieve temporary wins without much regard for the future. This is the same for her relationships. She has slept with Park Morgan goodness knows how many times, even suggesting he moves in with her - and she is the one who benefits from this arrangement. The irony of it all is that she makes these decisions with claims for a future she is concerned about. Yet in the carelessness with which she makes decisions (at the hearing, getting into a relationship against her own better judgement, giving Gakyung the evidence for Jinwoo manipulating the keyword, etc.) she's cost herself a number of relationships (with Gakyung and Morgan) and almost her career.

She and Morgan actually exist in very different generations, and that also affects values. It's not just about Morgan being an adoptee. She's a Gen-X'r; Morgan's a millenial. They want very different things in life. For the sake of keeping the story real and truly relatable, I hope that relationship is not patched. For their own sakes. She needs to find a relationship where companionship is the only thing on the cards. 

My gosh..Park Mogoen!  My heart broke into pieces for him!

What wrong with you, Bae Ta Mi? What is of your logic? Being older to know better.. that’s b_llsh_t (sorry for being rude here..I am very upset). What is wrong that you hurt a person who loves you (and yourself, too).

Bae Ta Mi, you are not Morgan’s mother (like someone said in earlier post .. my apology that I cannot track your post looking through my phone). Even being a mother, a mother should consider what her son truly wants rather than what 'she wants' for him, by the way.

How fortunate if you can find a man who is an arrogant young man who already established himself, who loves you so very much with passion, understanding, supportive, and wise enough to guide you through your hardship (many times), and love you enough to go through hell to let you go (to free you for you to do get what you want – her crazy own thought of being good for him)  

Love is foundation of a couple (whatever marriage or not). Lives after being a couple are to compromise. Give and take are a must. You give some-You take some. Much or less depends on different circumstances.

I love this drama because of its story line, each created characters, and their dialogues. I love the writer as I consider her the best to write such a drama with different vibe than other normal ones I have seen so far. I am still trust in her for a happy ending for TM and MG which I will be waiting to see whether she can show me how their relationship can be resolved.

Please don’t go the crazy in love but can’t be together route. My dear heart will not be able to bear it, for sure (I will start cursing, too, if so … lol)

I'll admit I'm only watching the Cha Hyun parts, so I don't really know what's going on with the other two, ahaha. :sweatingbullets: The show is nearing its end but I still can't get over how gorgeous Scarlett is. :wub: When she rushed into the frame to kiss him, my reaction was "As expected of Scarlett!" :lol: Glad she made that move and they finally admitted their feelings. But because my last drama was Her Private Life, with kissing connoisseur Kim Jae Wook in all his making out glory, I was disappointed with the direction and editing of the scene. Why such bad angles hiding the kiss? Why all the cutaways from the action? Show us the damn kissing, it's the same time slot! :lol: Also, in the makjang drama, isn't that the good twin falling into a romance with the older mother-in-law who had plastic surgery (? or was that some sort of magic?) to look younger to get revenge on the evil twin? Why is Scarlett rooting for that pairing? 's weird. :crazy: Anyway, I hope Scarlett and Actual Puppy Seol Ji Hwan make good use of their time left before his military duty. :)

Actually, why did Cha Hyeon raise her hand with Ji Hwan's phone? Was she trying to put it away? I did like how he gently took her wrist and brought her hand back down though. It was quite visually lyrical, like a dance. 

And yes, @Ondine, as Cha Hyeon herself said, they don't have much time to wait for things to happen, so let the romance begin at a good speed! Hahaha... I need another drama with just Ji Hwan and Cha Hyeon. He's such a sweetie pie and she's such a devoted girlfriend. Despite the age gap (she's at least 37 in the show, I reckon, and he's 29?), they're so different from Morgan and Tammy. Cha Hyeon just isn't complicated. She wears her heart on her sleeves and needs someone therefore to treat that open heart with care. Ji Hwan is just that person to do that for her. He's just so sincere.

On a separate note, he's only 21!! This must be his very first screen kiss! So methinks he's done very well indeed. He was still such a kid as Marco in Alhambra. 

I see TM is quite confidence in her work and her capability to make it success but not too much in a relationship, very intrigue indeed. I don’t think i would call the problem in their relationship as a mess, while the problem it self was very hard to tackle with the age gap, different value of life, personality, insecurity, experience and etc. I mean there are a lot of couple get back together again even with the kind of mess that we hope never happened to our lives.  hope TM and MG can get back together again since i don’t think all the problems that present between their relationship was unsalvageable. They could do with the time skip or the small world setting that their path was crossing again in the future with newer perspective or etc. :D crossed finger. I’m also curious with GG and her husband. They are definitely in love to each other, but they need to divorce for fighting againts evil mother in law.  Could they mantain their relationship without the marriage status? at least until they manage to resolve the evil mother in law.

Archived