[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

43 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Eun Ho confessed that he has been abused by both father and son Song for a long time.  Claimed he has the CCTV for Director Song's crimes which lead Ji Hoon to Dir Song's house where he found the mask and shoes matching the description of the person who attacked Ji Hoon.

I am not surprised to hear that. I have already suspected that both are abusers but did not have much evidence.  But neither is RedCry. Eun Ho has to be in conection with Red Cry. He acussed the director but it was a set up.  Oh, I can`t wait to watch the episodes this week.

49 minutes ago, bedifferent said:

Se Kyung woke up. 

I am so glad that she did not die.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, larus said:

Oh, I can`t wait to watch the episodes this week.

Me, too!  And I just realized that the finale is next week.  I want to know how this ends but I will be sad to let go of WK and JH.

43 minutes ago, thistle said:

Me, too!  And I just realized that the finale is next week.  I want to know how this ends but I will be sad to let go of WK and JH.

No, we have 4 episodes left, this means that the last episode should air in two weeks.

@bedifferent @gaby81 @bella1025 Thanks for the videos and the heads-up on what happened in ep 23-24. I got chills watching the video where the Girl In The Green Dress appeared next to BOTH stepmom and CSK.... I think we can safely deduct from this that both individuals are victims of abuse.

Who could be abusing stepmom, though? Didn't CWK's father pass away? I thought she hadn't remarried and was living alone. Could she be abusing herself....?

So many questions and so few subs.... :D

22 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

No, we have 4 episodes left, this means that the last episode should air in two weeks.

Thanks!  I guess this must be due to the week that there was a "special" episode (which, of course, I missed since I couldn't find it subbed online).  MyDramalist has January 10 as the date of the final episode, so that's why I thought it would end then.  Hopefully that special won't count toward the total number of episodes.

@gaby81 @partyon @bedifferent @liddi @selenette @larus @thistle 

I was a little disappointed with CWK's behavior. She witnessed the beating and realized that LEH had been experiencing abuse for a long time. She even got the feeling that the head director might not be good at all, yet later she called LEH and asked him to comfort the head director. Even JH got aware that the head director has been abusing his son and LEH because both got scared of him. LEH's fear was even expressed: the head director will get mad, when he discovers what his son has done. Her conversation with LEH bothered me because she didn't try to help LEH like she did for Ha Na or Bit Na. she should have felt concerned when he declared that he survived!! Sure, the next episode shows that she wants LEH to keep a distance from the head director Song.

During this episode, we learnt a lot about CSK:

• She lived abroad for ten years (2006-2016) and right after her return, SK had her accident.
  • There were some tension between the sisters because SK felt that CWK would always take the stepmother's side and neglect her own biological sister
  • CWK had no idea what her sister liked (music, hobbies aso)

To conclude, CWK's interest was more focused on her stepmother and less on her sister. It looks like her life would evolve around her mother. And the question is: why? I guess, it must be related to the abuse which is buried deep down. 

Surprising is that we are now shown a bruise on HJO's ("the stepmother") wrist and she even adds that she often hurts herself. How did she get these bruises? Then the girl with the green dress appears indicating that HJO might be in an abusive relationship. But we never saw HJO with a man or someone else. However, we shouldn't forget that in the second episode HJO arrived late to pick up ES so that LEH took care of her. So this could be related. Another explanation is that HJO got beaten because she had abused CWK mentally before... saying that she would side with her ex-husband aso. Red Cry could have become aware of that. This is another possible explanation.

Finally, I would like to comment about LEH's fate. My heart ached for that poor boy, especially when you see his face expressing his immense fear of head director Song. Children of nobody episode 24 LEH.png

I really got mad at the director Song Ho Min, when he described LEH as lucky. SHM knows pretty well that LEH has been abused by his own father, just like him. Moreover, SHM did the same to him. What we have all been suspecting about the head director Song has been implied in the last scene.   Children of nobody episode 24 LEH and head director Song.png 

We heard from LEH that he hates desk and indirectly poetry. So this room is where the abuse happens. But what kind of abuse? To me, Song has been abusing LEH sexually. Notice that Song is asking for comfort. But what kind of comfort? Is it reading poetry? I don't think so because LEH is already looking for books, when Song makes his demand. Secondly, in his request he adds "for the first time in a long time" which indicates that LEH hasn't done that for a long time. Yet, we saw that Song has been abusing him mentally and physically with his rifle even before this request. As conclusion, this can not be physical and mental abuse. Moreover, the choice of the poem with the verse "a child is eaten".

The episode reveals that LEH has been in contact with Red Cry because of the conversation with CWK. He said that someone said the exact thing like CWK did: "If you think that way, you'll continue to live that way. Because you think that way, you'll end up living like that forever. It doesn't matter if you think they're your family. They don't agree with you. They will just use you and lure you. You're just brainwashed. " I believe, Red Cry wanted to take revenge for LEH but the latter refused. On the other hand, LEH might have helped Red Cry by giving him information.

I really enjoyed the conversations between JH and LEH... It was pleasant to see how JH tried to act like a hyung giving him some advice, praising LEH and even proposing him to find a job for him. Concerning Red Cry, I have the impression that he is involved by incriminating Song Ho Min. First, the police will stop looking any further and he can keep his "judgement". Secondly, I also think that Red Cry uses this in order to punish the director who abused LEH for a long time.  

Uhhhh i just started the episode but WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!?

@bebebisous33 i'm literally 5 mins in but i read the start of your post and i need to get to that part myself but perhaps CWK is just that indebted to authority figures but she doesn't realize it..

powerful episode. i think it's deeper than just LEH being red cry and i hope so too because it wouldn't give him a chance to live in the world and be without trauma either. i can't wait until more secrets unravel tomorrow then we have about 3 more weeks....this show has bee extraordinarily written.

this suspect pool is going around circles. When you think your 100 prosent sure they through you another clue. 

after watching todays episode i'm sure eunho is somehow part of the red cry. 

The head director is an awful man. Hope he has some kind of punishment. 

I think the director was framed to be to red cry. 

Eun Ho is Red Cry, I think. It was almost obvious when he read the Leper to the head director.

In one of the previous episodes it was mentioned that possibly Red Cry hates poems... as someone supposed here maybe Eun Ho was abused by the head director in that room.

And the next episode Eun Ho will say the folliwing: "Now I think I can finally do what I really wanted to."

I think this means he wants to stop. That is why Song director was framed as Red Cry.

Because actually Red Cry want to stop.

The scenes with Eun Ho and the director and Head Director were so sad and chilling. If Eun Ho isn't Red Cry than he's connected to Red Cry. Not going to lie, I think Eun Ho being Red Cry makes the most sense, and for me, might be the most compelling outcome. 

49 minutes ago, qynn said:

The scenes with Eun Ho and the director and Head Director were so sad and chilling. If Eun Ho isn't Red Cry than he's connected to Red Cry. Not going to lie, I think Eun Ho being Red Cry makes the most sense, and for me, might be the most compelling outcome. 

It's not really surprising if he really turns out to be Red Cry. In japanese dramas/anime/mangas Eunho's type of character tends to be a twisted/psycho villain/killer b'coz of what they experience during their childhood ot they're twisted from the start.

I haven't finished watching today's episodes but after seeing LEH being beaten by the director, I really think that he cannot be Red Cry.  His response to the beating was to submit.  His response to WK's questions was to use kind words for the director.  He said that he and the two directors were like a "normal family."  Only a person who is enduring that sort of abuse will have those reactions.  Only someone who has no idea what a real family is like would think this is normal.

Although I'm enjoying this show, I am finding watching it very painful and I wonder about the writer's life experience.  No one could write this story unless they knew some of these things first-hand.  Only a person who has endured abuse like LEH will know that the only way to "win" against the abuser is to surrender and survive just even one moment longer than the person who is hurting him.  This reaction to being harmed is Not something someone from a happy family could imagine. 

A person like LEH would be very unlikely to want to cause harm because he has known deep pain at the hands of others.

If Eun Ho was not Red Cry then what would be the sense of this last scene, when he read that very poem which was qouted in the first episode?

And there was an other qoute later from another poem but from the same poet, Seo Jeong Ju. It seems Eun Ho used to or had to read these poems to the head director...

And yes, it is very possible that Red Cry was abused too that's why he became like this. And this points to Eun Ho again...

And again in the next episode he will say: Now I think I can finally do what I really wanted to."

What does it mean then?

I can't wait to watch it. I am so curious!

Also I read some very interesting assumptions about the identity of the green dressed girl here. It was a kind of strange that she appeared next to the stepmother then next to Se Kyung. What is the meaning of it?

What if there was a third child and she is that girl? As we already know she was abused too. 

And what if this little girl is Soo Young? It is not too possible but I remember that Nam Gyu Ri said that her character is a mysterious one. (Hak Yeon said the same about his role...). What is her mistery/secret?

I am just not sure if the girl in the green dress would be Woo Kyung...

Based on the latest ep, EH definitely plays a much larger role in the RC community than I originally thought. I do feel a lot for him though. If that abuse is all he has ever known growing up, it must be difficult for him to get out the director's and his father's clutches. Someone also pointed out the words of the director's father whereby he wanted EH to comfort him in a long while. I, too, took that to mean sexually. At this point, I still believe that RC is the psychiatrist/therapist. I do wonder how he came to know about EH.

Great episode.  N/Eun Ho... one moment I want to hug him, the next, I fear for him losing whatever humanity he has to the injustice he is forced to endure.  @cyan5tarlight  @thistle @partyon Eun Ho is shaping up to be one tragic character... I hope the writer is brave enough to go darker with Eun Ho and his Red Cry association.   Cuz at this point, the question is whether he is RC leader or a member.  In either case, his life is miserable but at this point, he still has the choice to walk away, to disengage, to stop.  Ji Hoon offered it to him, CWK said the same the next episode.  @bebebisous33 I understand your disappointment about CWK not actively remove Eun Ho from the head director or report her suspicions (very unlike of her character).  I think the writing is purposeful so that it will have to be up to the individual, Eun Ho to break the violent destructive force that is changing him.  It’s such a sad sad case.  Wonderful drama.

Also, makes sense now why RC is active 11pm-2am given Eunho works the night security shift and has access to Song’s laptop.  Just like the poem said, when the moon rises above the barley fields... bad things must have happened to Eunho @bebebisous33 :(

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@gaby81 @partyon @bedifferent @liddi @selenette @larus @thistle 

I was a little disappointed with CWK's behavior. She witnessed the beating and realized that LEH had been experiencing abuse for a long time. She even got the feeling that the head director might not be good at all, yet later she called LEH and asked him to comfort the head director. Even JH got aware that the head director has been abusing his son and LEH because both got scared of him. LEH's fear was even expressed: the head director will get mad, when he discovers what his son has done. Her conversation with LEH bothered me because she didn't try to help LEH like she did for Ha Na or Bit Na. she should have felt concerned when he declared that he survived!! Sure, the next episode shows that she wants LEH to keep a distance from the head director Song.

Sorry to cut your post, but I think CWK falls victim to one thing. Unlike JH and the audience, she didn't witness every single interactions and confession from LEH and the director. She didn't see the director break down in fear. She didn't hear LEH's confession on how he always have to clean up after JH and that he's scared that the head director would find out. CWK suspected the head director for doing something horrible, but she's not certain because so much clue is hidden from her. We, as the viewers, were privileged to those knowledge, and JH,  after listening to what CWK and watching Director Song's behavior, had managed to put two and two. But before then, he didn't understand LEH's dilemma because he was too busy looking things through his lens. 

As for LEH...I'm curious what he meant when he thanked CWK and claimed that because of her, he survived. Did he thank her because she told him what Director Song said (to admit to everything) so that LEH would make the decision to confess to Director Song's involvement? Because I think CWK intentionally told LEH everything Director Song said so LEH would break the belief he had on Director Song, that he's a good guy, but he's just weak. She wanted LEH to realize Director Song isn't the "good guy" he thinks, and that he's willing to let LEH take his fall, hence LEH's tears of disappointment. 

Or did LEH thank CWK because she did everything he expected and had her helped him escape being pinned as Red Cry? He survived because she helped him escape detection. Just wondering. 

HMMMMMM... Okay. I just finished watching the episode and now I am torn.

Ever since I saw the teaser up to when I was watching Eunho's backstory, I was thinking oh, okay, now maybe I can cross him out from being Red Cry. God my heart ached for him (also kudos to hakyeon for a good performance). It's not because he was still being abused, but because of his conversation with Wookyung, telling her not to step in, and also trying so hard to protect the director. He endured the abuse no matter how many people told him to get away. Also that person who told him he was being used and brainwashed by the father and son made me think he was also being urged by Red Cry to fight back.

However, by the last 5 minutes of the episode, I was confused again and kinda going back to Team Eunho is Red Cry.

A part of me thinks that Eunho was judging the other abusers and saving the children on behalf of himself who cannot get away from his abusers. He knew in his head that he was being abused but his heart was clinging on to the hope that the Songs were his family. So instead of punishing them, he was seeking out justice for other kids who need help. The person who told him he was being brainwashed might be Kim Min Gi for all we know. It could be anyone who knew of the abuse. But I'm suddenly doubting if it was Red Cry, because if Red Cry knew of it, wouldn't he have punished the director sooner? If he knew Eunho was being brainwashed, wouldn't he have done something to convince him?

This could be an overreach, but what if Eunho planned it all? Director Song said Mr. Yoon was "threatening to tell his father"  (of embezzlement) which led to accidentally killing him, but he went to beat up Eunho for "stabbing him at the back and telling his father". What if Eunho told the head director of his son's gambling and put the blame on Mr. Yoon, knowing the director had anger management issues. OOORRR say, Eunho only found out about the murder as he said, after picking up the director's laundry from the shop and getting the sd card for the CCTV. He could have been ready to take the blame for his so-called family, but then during Wookyung's visit, he realized just how much he was being used by the director. Ggoddamn you can see on his face the exact moment his heart broke when he realized Director wanted him to keep taking the blame. And after that it was like ahhhh, it's the last straw. And when he revealed the truth, he was even harassed with a rifle by the head director, and finally, he decided he would punish them. Yes, he cared for them and treated them as family, but maybe this case was his final trial before judging them? Truth be told, I got creeps when he was talking on the phone with Wookyung while watching the director walk. If that was the case, it then makes more sense to me that he would frame the director of being Red Cry. Remember that PJH was burned like her child was burned. Seokwoo's mom was hit by a truck like her son died of car accident (though she survived it). Now Director Song was being framed, like Eunho had been wrongly accused.

And then Eunho being Red Cry would also give sense to him reading Leper while facing his very own abuser. "When the moon rises above the barley fields, a child gets eaten" referring to the act of abuse -  it was like he was finally acknowledging all those years of torment that he endured. And the line that he could finally do what he wanted to do meant that he can finally see things clearly and can pass his judgement to his abusers.

Thoughts?

hahaha But still, because my heart aches for him, if he does turn out to be Red Cry, I might rip my hair off. Dr. Yoon still isn't off my radar, but if he was Red Cry, what role does he play on Eunho's case?

25 minutes ago, 0timelost said:

As for LEH...I'm curious what he meant when he thanked CWK and claimed that because of her, he survived. Did he thank her because she told him what Director Song said (to admit to everything) so that LEH would make the decision to confess to Director Song's involvement? Because I think CWK intentionally told LEH everything Director Song said so LEH would break the belief he had on Director Song, that he's a good guy, but he's just weak. She wanted LEH to realize Director Song isn't the "good guy" he thinks, and that he's willing to let LEH take his fall, hence LEH's tears of disappointment. 

Or did LEH thank CWK because she did everything he expected and had her helped him escape being pinned as Red Cry? He survived because she helped him escape detection. Just wondering. 

I thought about this for a moment too, while watching that scene. "I survived" because she convinced him to confess or because she was a tool used to escape detection?

Ahh I would also like to add to my previous post, that if the director was pinned as Red Cry and Jiheon knows that the head director was abusive, then they wouldn't be surprised if the head director ever gets judged. Albeit, Director is still in prison, they could take it as a case where in the punishment was executed by one of the other members on the site somehow.

Archived