Quantcast
larus

[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun 붉은달 푸른해

A few more thoughts:

• Did anyone else hear the heartbeats in the scene where Ha Na hugs JH? It was so heartwarming! She is healing him too. :) :heart:
  • Ha Na said that it was the same nice looking man that came after her dad. But did you notice that she was VERY frightened of him this time? The first time when he killed her mom she was calm, but this time she was very scared of him.... Why? Was he more threatening this time? Was it a different guy?
  • The girl in the green dress theory #1  I still think that the girl appears as a premonition of an abused child in need of protection. When she appeared in the latest episodes, Ha Na was scared to death. Yes, maybe we could argue that Red Cry was there to free her from her father, but Ha Na was scared, also of Red Cry. Just look at her little face. :(  The girl in the green dress came to ask CWK to help Ha Na asap.
  • The girl in the green dress theory #2. I am more and more starting to feel that she could be CSK. The girl wants CWK to protect someone when she appears. Maybe CWK couldn't protect CSK from abuse and CWK feels guilty about it? Every time the girl appears, her sister would be the a huge trigger for her guilty conscience about failing to protect an abused child.
  • I am prone to believe that Eun Ho is a part of the vigilante team in one way or the other. He might not be Red Cry (I don't know), but he is connected somehow. The pictures of the kids he had drawn in last week's episodes could very well be kids who are waiting for judgement to be passed on their cases by the vigilante community.
  • Poor Se Kyung - what did she experience as a child....? And why is she so scared of the stepmom....? I still think the step mom is no saint. What secrets is she harboring?

We are entering the last part of the drama, and I am sure that we will get some shocking revelations starting from next week already!

• Like 9

Whew, okay, finally able to post this, I've been working on it off and on for hours. >.<

OK, so who else had to put their phone down and not watch when Dog Farmer Dad's teeth were being yanked out? Just me? Seriously, I did not expect such a visceral scene to be in a drama, even a crime/thriller drama like this one. 0.0

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am actually worried about the "fake" case of Siwan that CWK shared. I worry that the father will be killed because of the made up story. 

OMG, same!! That was the first thought that occurred to me, too. That, or because the police knew exactly where to look for Red Cry at the department store Christmas tree, Wookyung might be the next target instead, if someone puts two and two together.

7 hours ago, loveseek630 said:

This might be me being biased of Hakyeon, but I think he's been doing a pretty good job playing Eunho, no matter how people say he lacks experience to the the culprit. Experience-wise, yes, he hasn't had a lot of big drama roles in the past, but he has been stably growing as an actor and did a fantastic job with his Interview musical where he played both a child and a murderer's personality - something which reflects in Eunho's role.

Eunho acts and speaks more like a child. His character is supposed to seem flat, social abilities stunted which is why he can relate more to children than with adults. Despite minimal screen time, he also made huge impacts on scenes where he actually spoke. His nonchalant line delivery is part of Eunho's character being disconnected, and yet he drives his point when Jiheon confronted him the past two episodes. Also, Hakyeon has said a few times that the moment he read the script, he wanted to take Eunho's role. There must be something in there. 

THANK YOU. I feel exactly the same way. He's been doing an excellent job with this role, and I really look forward to seeing what the last 5 hours of the drama are going to do with this character.

I'm not too sure about Red Cry's physique ruling out Eunho. Like it's been pointed out, they could have used a stunt double. Plus, N may be tall and on the slighter side, but I could see him able to go toe to toe with Jiheon/Dog Farmer Dad if he were so inclined, as the man is still pretty dang strong. (For reference, both dudes he's swinging around like sacks of flour in these pics are roughly 6 foot+) Now, that doesn't necessarily mean that Eunho is as equally strong as his actor, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was.

Spoiler

tumblr_ok66fkSlGO1s4junso1_1280.jpg

Spoiler

tumblr_inline_osnck6E9XT1qjzgly_500.jpg

All these theories about Sunbae Doctor being Red Cry have me very much intrigued, however. Wookyung tells him a lot of information that she doesn't really share with anyone else, and if, as some people suspect, hypnosis is involved somehow, then she might have told him even more than she realizes. I mean, if he IS some well-known actor, they likely wouldn't have brought him in for a 10 minute cameo and then dropped him like a hot potato, especially this late in the game.

Eunho's relationship with the Director and his father has me immensely intrigued as well. He clearly likes Wheelchair Grandpa, but I'm not quite sure if the feeling is reciprocated. I... kind of got a little bit of a vibe of the relationship Wookyung has with Stepmom, if I'm honest. Maybe not QUITE to that extent, since Wheelchair Grandpa generally seems like a warmer person, but I still got a little of that impression. Could be just me. All the people speculating that the Director is using or abusing Eunho has me really concerned, though. He does seem old enough to be Eunho's father, and probably was already an adult when Eunho was growing up in his father's orphanage. He also lives in their center, is employed by them... I mean, they kind of have the ultimate leverage over him, when you think about it, since he'd be both jobless and homeless if they decided to kick him out, not to mention the damage done to his reputation if they decided to spread malicious rumors about him (children's center and all). It would be interesting indeed if one of the main characters - whom we all have suspected for awhile now were all abused as children - was still being abused even as an adult, and what that might mean for the narrative. Like, perhaps Eunho puts up with everything management decides to do to him so that the Center can remain open (since Mr. Director seems to have a bad gambling problem, and the center might have already gone under if not for Eunho's help), and the children can still have a safe refuge to play and learn and get counseling. After all, the tagline on his personal poster for the drama is "I will defend/protect you," the same as Sooyoung's, while Jiheon and Wookyung have "I will save you" written on theirs. What if that is the way he's protecting them instead of going all Mr. Vigilante Serial Killer the way everyone's been assuming? Food for thought.

Also, something occurred to me once someone suggested that Red Cry might be wearing a mask. What if Hana saying the person who killed her mother "had a nice/good face" meant they were wearing a smiley face mask? To a child, a smiley face might mean "nice" while a frowny face might mean "mean," and if that is the case, than it explains perfectly why she was unable to pick out a culprit from the lineup at the police station. None of the men were wearing masks, so she couldn't point out the one she saw. As it stands, the only real reasons why I'm not throwing my hat completely in the "Eunho is Red Cry" ring at this point is 1) it still, even after all this time, seems like too obvious a conclusion to come to, and 2) Hana didn't identify him in the police station when she had every reason to do so and no reason to lie. Cuz did anyone else notice how, when Red Cry stop typing when he was chatting with Wookyung on Razorhead, he started rubbing his thumbs and forefingers together? Who else is the only person we've seen to regularly have a nervous tic where they play with their fingers? That's right, none other than Mr. Lee Eunho.

As one last note, really hope Sekyung will be alright. Something tells me she's going to be crucial to unraveling the mystery of the Girl in the Green Dress and Wooyung's past. I can see the next episodes going one of two ways with her: either she really is recovering, and she'll be able to answer all of Wookyung's questions once she comes out of her vegetative state, or she dies, and her death ends up being the thing to trigger Wookyung's latent childhood memories. I wonder which it will be.

• Like 13

On 12/27/2018 at 3:41 AM, loveseek630 said:

Now that I backread, I saw someone point out that Eunho witnessed Hana burying the bird. That must have been how he found out the father buried someone else. He probably looked around the area before proceeding to kill the dad. NGL the way hana kept jumping on top of the buried bird crept me out. She probably also saw her father do it like a maniac.

I was really horrified, actually, when I saw her stomping all over the bird's burial.  All I could think of was when I had to bury my cat last year.  I could not bear to press the earth down, much less to trod on it like that.  The burial scene with the Dog Butcher Dad almost made it look like he was dancing on the baby's grave.  Just so disturbing!  Ha Na is a child, though, so she was really only copying what she saw because that's all she knows.

27 minutes ago, cyan5tarlight said:

OK, so who else had to put their phone down and not watch when Dog Farmer Dad's teeth were being yanked out? Just me? Seriously, I did not expect such a visceral scene to be in a drama, even a crime/thriller drama like this one. 0.0

I had to mute the sound on my laptop and I was watching only the tiniest amount of the screen because I had my hands in front of my face.  Despite how horrible the Dog Butcher was, seeing him being tortured was dreadful and it made me think that the person who killed him was no better than the Dog Butcher was--maybe the killer was even worse because of the way he killed. 

Whoever the killer is, he seems very off mentally.  And that made me think of Ha Na--she was acting in the only way she knew because her history wasn't healthy.  She is young enough that she has a chance to change.  But the killer has matured into someone evil because that must be all he knows and it is too late for him to turn around.

....One more thought:  am I the only one who wondered if the person who attacked the detective on the roof was female?  I can't really explain why that thought popped into my head while I was watching but it did.

I just caught up with the past three episodes to day, and I have to admit that I began to suspect the stepmother of being involved in Red Cry.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, thistle said:

....One more thought:  am I the only one who wondered if the person who attacked the detective on the roof was female?  I can't really explain why that thought popped into my head while I was watching but it did.

I just caught up with the past three episodes to day, and I have to admit that I began to suspect the stepmother of being involved in Red Cry.

This crossed my mind because I wondered what the connection was between Sekyung's scene and Red Cry's chase. I thought maybe it's the stepmom being chased, but I ruled it out quickly because I dont think she can run and fight like that. Also remember she was defending PJH on the first ep.

Now it still is possible she's on the razor site, but gor now, my guess is just that the mystery with her is all about the little girl in green dress and has little to do with Red Cry.

• Like 8

Also "Eunho being Red Cry is too obvious" is actually why I think he likely is Red Cry. Now, I also have my doubts, and I am not ruling out the sunbae doctor. But maybe because of Achiara which the same writer did, I had a feeling from the very start that it would be Eunho. The fact that it is "too obvious" makes viewers think that it can't be him and that is their trick when in the end, it is him. Get what I mean?

But again, at tgis point we're all still just guessing and the show can change our theories with every episode. I'm only sure that Eunho is playing a bigger role than the show lets on, either as Red Cry or as one of those H characters on the website.

2 hours ago, cyan5tarlight said:

It would be interesting indeed if one of the main characters - whom we all have suspected for awhile now were all abused as children - was still being abused even as an adult, and what that might mean for the narrative. 

This is a pretty interesting take. And I'd like to see what would happen to the Director is he would be judged by Red Cry.

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, loveseek630 said:

This crossed my mind because I wondered what the connection was between Sekyung's scene and Red Cry's chase. I thought maybe it's the stepmom being chased, but I ruled it out quickly because I dont think she can run and fight like that. Also remember she was defending PJH on the first ep.

Now it still is possible she's on the razor site, but gor now, my guess is just that the mystery with her is all about the little girl in green dress and has little to do with Red Cry.

I didn't think that Stepmother was being chased.  As you say, she's not up to it.  But she could be one of the judges in charge at Red Cry.  The runner could be another woman, though.

Seems like we do have parallel mysteries going on with the Green Dress Girl and Red Cry.

30 minutes ago, loveseek630 said:

Also "Eunho being Red Cry is too obvious" is actually why I think he likely is Red Cry. Now, I also have my doubts, and I am not ruling out the sunbae doctor. But maybe because of Achiara which the same writer did, I had a feeling from the very start that it would be Eunho. The fact that it is "too obvious" makes viewers think that it can't be him and that is their trick when in the end, it is him. Get what I mean?

Interesting--so he could basically be hiding in plain sight.  That could work.  He seems so passive, though.  Has he got the wit and the guts to run an organization like Red Cry?

• Like 6

Re.the possibility of killer wearing a mask: in the Chinese subs, it is translated as "kind", not nice/good... Just sharing. 

It certainly is very likely the person is wearing a mask so as not to be identified no matter. But I can never think of any mask, no matter how smiley it is, to be nice/good/kind. Masks always creep me out....

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

in his conversation with JH...EH did hold his own and almosst smirked...

plus he loves to draw....so the crayon drawing on KO’s back....

it could be a group of abused children and the young are more likely to understand coding...

• Like 8

What a gripping ride this week, where more are being revealed with each turn of events, while theories are second-guessed or thrown up in the air!

At long last, we are privy to more of CWK's sunbae, YTJ, and latest reveals seem to support my initial (previously unsubstantiated) gut instincts about his possible involvement with Red Cry, especially since he was given 3 months to work with Ha Na prior to her release into her father's care. Considering that substantial period of time coupled with the foreknowledge of Ha Na's history, be it through CWK or through a possible affiliation with Red Cry, it is very likely he could have succeeded in unearthing through hypnosis what Ha Na had kept locked tightly within herself as self-preservation. He has already shown himself to be sharp, decisive, extremely observant in picking up hints (the younger sister indicated in Seok Woo's drawing) and the skills of his profession, if misused, makes a compelling case for manipulation and control over those he holds in his thrall. 

There is also the ease with which Ha Na seems to be put to sleep and made to forget what happened after Red Cry interrupted her call to CWK. While it is mentioned that she was drugged with sleeping pills, she appears to have no recollection of anything after that, nor how the dose was administered. Could hypnosis have played a part in manipulating her memories? If so, this would be yet another red flag as far as YTJ, or at least someone adept in hypnosis is concerned.

Points to note:

Unlike what we have seen of Red Cry writing previously, YTJ, like LEH, writes with his right hand.

mdnJS0iTEA9nZWIz8fdX3JfH8EtR-RbCwYysb7JgfqbVRSZ8jfSeUMv68DUt9xWVf9Jb8OGqQPmJpu20mMOBMM_wduMA0ImQmKFZXNxTaMBq9gNki3vqczfvh2INJBWBIl0jKmPkCl9eVEcH2Ad2lI2RH7rF486pkheuf9SKVsXunu4qVfkuk4fgfFafJlk9iZBTKdV5B04vJwTlozH2p9qOYFk0iN-5RsTYlAxLIVJhrNmfKeY94G6D00TVY2TH5fyH4cf3G4CGDoY1Eyui9Ty5dNYo9cRwEQ_hGs8b-UzW6ux5otONZ7WH1cOqZr2dvamcqKZXiZxZIa8-ipnjqD1RlNfXXdrmFESgoleAHOmt8P0CPSICoqeZyd6pmcbCLxpks68sJlVE6ovNhUlso-_o19_4UPsCPFKCbdHgsndkYs2-vykWU0q6zadnDXfhZOdoewcgr-3dS1YdOPq8IG9Q1xTcYrvEOSLO4ZXBvZ9-dfVA5Ukbdgo9ydHOlo6B9ddLI3hjcwp_wsAsWwZQ87xTCIEg9DdBIZSZI4nwsAdNnTWPdlF3QBKplQYH9Eo0gjr1-zWXFCHj3zCoMwy04VPKwhTlZfbw8_uo2Y5ads5gZLvBCIZTVB2O2S4shbfwVOxMefQ54XfuZIr0Foeup4CH=w600-h338-no

However, in the recent series of brutal assaults, Red Cry is seen to be using his right hand as well, which could then possibly mean that the writing on Park Ji Hye's photo was deliberately done with the left hand to prevent ease of identification after all.

BQVv49Tvy2dlVMDdPnh8Kxd-FfiOGLA5ZB0qu35LLqK7x9aOjGq9WVXt1H4NQ-lzh58bXzV2OkG6DjfDCqlw9uYkmy82y0GJE2Zb9O-4Xosi10KLtZ0AszM8tdteCXQEgG6rJ3YlzKXB9m9c_NG0wZiGETvwLEb2XiyTbQ8-xvukaNiwJir2wqzOyG4vlX2cCIv3c-BMmdutACf636tZ_Fisl5wHtWL8mmC4ViEVSr6_exB_oHAtKwSy6cXibK2_R0ZZ0Kloo7DUL9YIX644O61tXIP_GTmcRxqj32Shd2q-O2ZEqwzBieH9MiKvM3_f1NoV6IcxlGDpldWI7I_Cxvw11QJBVgoNtl1T-Y7dbwoS8GHcq82AMZrslC1I23zU__E7b-VdReV9yf2U3pv4KNEPiiVAG0NyzogSbSD5mi67D2TBEwLqCg8_ZcR9bElRI7UYk4TaoBIK9riHIOeVlhq14y6T5gXSXefLMjkhoC_tp813rQg42Iyq0-cYI7z3tbAcQwktqEFKzR9tZITHs_I2dBi0J-qdzUqzdY_Q-UsuLRo3P6tsnIfjj6zSoT2HaaPshnWwD_JT6y8WI7HZCHfZfKStMdEpquRw6HTocElG0my0Mtsh7TUKaQSKYyUGGqMPksF-_gKMvdYIKDtxDSXW=w795-h448-no

That being said, I am not entirely convinced that LEH is beyond suspicion yet. LEH and CWK were the only ones who saw Ha Na's disturbing actions while burying the dead sparrow. If LEH were not Red Cry himself, but reporting his observations to Red Cry, one could argue that the stay of execution until 3 months later, when Ha Na is sent back to her father could have been due to the need to verify what dark secret Ha Na is keeping. Nonetheless, there is never any certainty that YTJ (if indeed he were Red Cry) would have been assigned to Ha Na's case, until CWK coerced the director to do so. In other words, how would Red Cry have expected to determine the truth of the matter otherwise? If LEH were Red Cry, one might argue that the stay of execution could have been due to a wait-and-see stance - if somehow, Ha Na could have avoided being returned to her father after all. When it was clear that Ha Na has to return to the place of her abuse, LEH's remark of Ha Na not smiling seems telling. Is that the trigger for the methodical rage that ensued, because this time, Red Cry personally cares for the child, whose smile is now wiped out once again, when just not too long ago, she had found new lease of life and happiness?

I must say that it is easier to imagine someone like YTJ exacting torture upon GSH, than LEH, perhaps because LEH thus far, has always displayed a measured, gentle demeanour, as opposed to YTJ who is incisive and highly astute, and perhaps more prone to a God-like complex. Interestingly enough, the only one who reaches out to comfort Ha Na when she has to leave with her father is LEH with the gifting of the lollipop - full cycle from when she reached out to him with a lollipop after the line-up identification - his attempt to give her some modicum of joy at such a bleak time. If indeed the protection of the child's emotional well-being is LEH's priority, it seems out of character that he would have allowed Ha Na to be so traumatised during the attack on GSH, which might indicate he is not the mastermind after all. Nonetheless, there is nothing particularly conclusive as of yet as to Red Cry's identity, which is as it should be, so the mystery of Red Cry continues to draw me in. 

Back to CWK's homefront. Looks like the photos do not lie after all, and there is indeed tension between CSK and her stepmother. If so, assuming CWK is indeed the older birthday girl, and the girl in the green dress is younger CSK, that still does not explain the enmity between the younger girl and her stepmother since the mysterious little girl was staring sadly at the birthday girl holding up the green dress after being given the present by CWK's mother. Was the abuse towards the little girl done by CWK's mother or stepmother? If CSK was that girl and the abuser was the stepmother (indicating the dress was worn at a much later date), it would explain her resentment towards the older woman, but does not explain the father's need to replace CWK's memories with false new ones. It too does not explain why the girl in the green dress keeps appearing to CWK, when her sister remains alive, and the urgency with which CSK grips her hand as she goes into cardiac arrest. Questions questions.

For now, I still feel that the appearance of the girl in the green dress always heralds danger or abuse of a child. While Ha Na was technically being saved from potential abuse then, I think the fact that she was in distress at the time triggered her appearance before CWK. The sadness in her eyes though, indicates more than that, when CWK had determined to ignore her in the face of threats that she would lose her own child. Is it sadness that she would now turn a deaf eye to those in need, when in the past, she is willing to be seen as a crazy woman as long as she is able to intervene and save a child? Or is it also because what painful secrets and grievances the little girl herself holds, will remain buried when CWK herself will not look into the past any longer?

How I have rambled. Suffice to say, scriptwriter DHJ is in excellent form and I am hopeful that this tightly woven tapestry of twists and turns will continue to wow us with its brilliance as she dangles hint after hint while slowly and surely fleshing out the characters with such finesse. PD Choi's direction and vision is outstanding with the little nuances we see in each scene... case in point being how the furious thought process of Red Cry during the chat with CWK is demonstrated without a single spoken word - simply by the poised and flexing of the fingers, as well as the decisive keystrokes as he types. Outstanding drama, and with 5 more hours left to go, I pray, pray we will see this level of excellence all the way to the end.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, liddi said:

If LEH were not Red Cry himself, but reporting his observations to Red Cry, one could argue that the stay of execution until 3 months later, when Ha Na is sent back to her father could have been due to the need to verify what dark secret Ha Na is keeping. Nonetheless, there is never any certainty that YTJ (if indeed he were Red Cry) would have been assigned to Ha Na's case, until CWK coerced the director to do so. 

I just want to clarify something about the time frame. HaNa was taken back by the father before the start of 3 months counseling sessions with YTJ, right? It was one of the conditions for him to be able to take her back. To continue with the counseling sessions, but not with CWK, but someone else outside the Hanul Center, which the father didn't know has connection with CWK. I think CWK managed to only delay the handover of HaNa to her father a little bit of time, enough to teach her about calling for help....?

• Like 9

6 hours ago, mushforbrains said:

.....it could be a group of abused children and the young are more likely to understand coding...

Now that is a very, very interesting theory!  There is one child who is smart enough to be the brains behind something like this:  Bit Na.  

We know that Bit Na admires CWK.  CWK and Bit Na's mom were both members of that anti abuse organization, so no doubt Bit Na knows about that.  Bit Na was also treated at Haneul, so she knows about the system there, too, and she would have met LEH as well.  There's more evidence for Bit Na's involvement but I'll just leave this idea where it is.

I'm just guessing of course but, as we all know, this show turns things around with each episode so anything could happen.

• Like 8

@liddi @joccu @partyon @selenette @larus I have been thinking about this for a while: so far, we have been confronted with children who were physically and mentally abused.  But so nothing about sexual abuse. Sure, I think that SY has been sexually abused but it was just implied. 

So what if CWK's real secret is about sexual abuse? We heard from her that her father used to take her to his room in order to watch these albums and he never did such a thing with SK. What if he abused her sexually and her mother (she thinks, she is her step-mother) knew about this but let it happen because that way she could stay and become the wife?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

im already half wishing this was based on a published novel.. just so i can find out which of our theories is spot on. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

@bebebisous33 As usually I totally love your theories.  Honestly it could totally be true but really hope that none of the children has been sexually abused. Or anyone.  But thinking about this drama and theme it actually could be true. 

And honestly I really think that SK is somehow involved.  She could be red herring. Or I'm totally off base. 

This drama makes you think everything and if you miss some little clue you could totally be off base. 

And about the Directors dad. If he isn't somehow involved why would they show him. 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, joccu said:

@bebebisous33 As usually I totally love your theories.  Honestly it could totally be true but really hope that none of the children has been sexually abused. Or anyone.  But thinking about this drama and theme it actually could be true. 

And honestly I really think that SK is somehow involved.  She could be red herring. Or I'm totally off base. 

This drama makes you think everything and if you miss some little clue you could totally be off base. 

And about the Directors dad. If he isn't somehow involved why would they show him. 

Yes, he is suspicious for three reasons:

- He knows CWK very well.

- He knows LEH very well and uses him as his spy. LEH is supposed to report to the father.

- The fact that LEH said that he was like his family... while the director said that he knew him as he grew up in his father's orphanage. The director added that he offered him a job out of pity. Yet it seems that his father might be behind it.

• Like 9

@ktcjdrama Hmm... I rewatched in both English and C-subs, and I am still undetermined whether Ha Na was released home after the 3 month sessions were up, or on the condition that she accepts 3 months of counselling from YTJ. My initial impression is that GSH's anxiousness to take Ha Na back is used as ransom to ensure he agrees to let Ha Na have 3 months' counselling first, as long as it is not with CWK - during which time she is given psychological counselling to try and delve into her dark secret, as well as given the means and training on how to call for help. Then again, I could be very much mistaken after all, and it may be merely, as you say, to delay her return a little. Time to check for any hints of dates :sweatingbullets:

@bebebisous33 Actually I believe we have delved into sexual abuse, as hinted by LEH regarding his memories of a large desk in a room, the perpetrator of which I suspect to be the now-invalid Head Director, though if that were the case, it is strange that LEH remains so affectionate and loyal to the family. More questions... 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, liddi said:

.....Actually I believe we have delved into sexual abuse, as hinted by LEH regarding his memories of a large desk in a room, the perpetrator of which I suspect to be the now-invalid Head Director, though if that were the case, it is strange that LEH remains so affectionate and loyal to the family.....

The horrible truth is that abused children (sexually or otherwise) can be very loyal and even affectionate to their abusers because this is the only "love" that they know and they are either fearful of losing that connection or they have been made to feel so guilty for their own condition that they believe that no one else will accept them.  Rebellion can be the most terrifying thing for an abused child.

I think you are on the right track about LEH and the former director.  It makes sense.  And it would also make sense that LEH might continue to serve the person he believes to have power over him because it would give LEH a sense of worth and he might even believe that this is a way to protect the other children at the center.

• Like 10

1 minute ago, liddi said:

@ktcjdrama Hmm... I rewatched in both English and C-subs, and I am still undetermined whether Ha Na was released home after the 3 month sessions were up, or on the condition that she accepts 3 months of counselling from YTJ. My initial impression is that GSH's anxiousness to take Ha Na back is used as ransom to ensure he agrees to let Ha Na have 3 months' counselling first, as long as it is not with CWK - during which time she is given psychological counselling to try and delve into her dark secret, as well as given the means and training on how to call for help. Then again, I could be very much mistaken after all, and it may be merely, as you say, to delay her return a little. Time to check for any hints of dates :sweatingbullets:

@bebebisous33 Actually I believe we have delved into sexual abuse, as hinted by LEH regarding his memories of a large desk in a room, the perpetrator of which I suspect to be the now-invalid Head Director, though if that were the case, it is strange that LEH remains so affectionate and loyal to the family. More questions... 

I know but so far, the cases JH had to deal with were not about sexual abuse. To me, at some point JH and his team need to meet such a case.

If the director's father has abused him sexually, how can LEH prove this? The father is famous and powerful... I suspect that there is a dependency. Don't forget that LEH is an orphan and has no family and close friend. Since the director's father is now weak, he can no longer abuse him but he has a power over him (roof and job). The director said that he gave him the job, but in reality he could have lied. His father forced him to give LEH a job. That way he can know what his son is doing: gambling aso. LEH has to act as if the father was a nice person because he knows how pointless it is.

But if the director's father had sexually abused him and we all know that LEH is linked to Red Cry, why didn't he go after this pervert? Maybe he knew that he would be suspected. Moreover, he might find his job as informant more meaningful as he wants to save children. He is no longer a child... he is resigned as he can not be saved. It is too late for him in his mind. Moreover, it happened in the past.  

• Like 9

O wow, I have been thinking about what could've been his bad memories about desk... Now that you mentioned it, it is a very very possible past abuse of LEH...

The reasons I thought it couldn't be after 3 months was because the father wouldn't have the patience to wait so long, and it was also meant to be the regular checking point for HaNa's well-being, and safety, after she returned home. I remember the schedule is twice a week for 3 months. 

• Like 6

@ktcjdrama I believe you are right. The calendar at GSH's house when he was raving to his lawyer about being unable to bring Ha Na back shows the month of December, and the date that Red Cry instructed CWK to have the materials left under the Christmas tree is 21 Dec, indicating that it is less than a month between his attempt to claim her and the trap laid for Red Cry. 

Given the revised timeline, does it then indicate that YTJ, if he is indeed Red Cry, managed to unearth Ha Na's secret during their very first consultation, when she was entranced by the ballerina figurine? It is a possibility.

On the other hand, assuming LEH is Red Cry, there is no stay of execution to begin with. Once he identified Ha Na's secret from the burial of the sparrow, compounded by Ha Na's bleak resignation on the day of her departure, it is a given that GSH will not survive to inflict any more suffering on her.

That being said, all this reevaluated conjectures bring me no closer to clearly identifying the person in the shadows. Is it Wednesday already?

@bebebisous33 @thistle Good points about possible reasons why LEH remains loyal to his abuser. It also stands to reason that he is maintaining a facade to ensure his position at the centre, thus protect other children who were in similar shoes. If indeed that is his motivation all along, I can believe that in the end, the old Director will not escape Red Cry's judgment. And this, more than anything else, makes LEH even more terrifying than just the terrible, avenging angel that Red Cry appears to be - if indeed he is one who knows and despises what was done to him as a child, yet able to subjugate his instinctive need to destroy them with a subservient facade, until such time when he deems it time to finally mete out the punishment he believes they deserve.

• Like 10