[Drama 2018-2019] Children of Nobody/Red Moon, Blue Sun, 붉은달 푸른해

larus

4 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Now I really want to watch it with subs!

Me too!! I didnt catch some of the things they said. There was something about the GDG at the end too. EH implied something about it! I should really go for korean classes for the sake of understanding live streams ahah. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, dhplsa said:

Me too!! I didnt catch some of the things they said. There was something about the GDG at the end too. EH implied something about it! I should really go for korean classes for the sake of understanding live streams ahah. 

Lol... IKR?

Why aren't I smart enough to pick up Korean after so many dramas???? :joy:

Am so so late to the table and pressed for time but just to get a few things off my chest about last night's episodes very quickly.

What an excellent 2-episoder bolstered by amazing performances all around, especially Hakyeon's flawless delivery of the multi-faceted, conflicted emotions borne by one who has lived with such terrible terrible abuse for a major part of his life. There is no apologetic sugarcoating or tiptoeing - instead, we are subject to the imagery of hard-hitting abuse in its various, terrible forms - violence, dominance, sexual abuse, just as we are made to feel, if only for a moment, the kind of hell the victims must go through, day in day out, fearing, submitting, barely surviving - be it physically, emotionally or mentally. I flinched with each brutal blow the director inflicted; my skin crawled from the old director's double entrendre with his use of the word "comfort"; I wept in futility for and with LEH as we are at last made to understand, what kind of life he has led; my heart warmed when he finally received brusque but kindly advice from KJH, then sank anew at the scene with LEH overlooking the old director. Brilliant brilliant portrayal by Hakyeon, and all naysayers who previously found fault with his performance, should now be more than convinced of the calibre of acting we have seen from him. 

That being said... even as I went through so much emotional turmoil, I remain convinced that there is still more to LEH than what we have apparently seen, and he may indeed be Red Cry. I cannot still the niggling suspicion that while the abuse, trauma and instinctive reactions are real, LEH is merely biding his time before he finally rises up, faces his abusers and destroys them. Does the persona and agenda of Red Cry serve as much as his own therapy as it does the liberation of similarly afflicted children? Is Red Cry his way to empower himself psychologically through the judgment of abusive parents until such a time when he can finally liberate himself? I cannot help but believe that to be true for now. As such, all the vulnerability that we have been privy to, is his leverage to swing compassion in his favour until judgment falls on the two men who has made his life a living hell through the meticulously set trap he has slowly but surely put in place to snare them. Who were the they LEH was referring to about being brainwashed? Did he present his own experience as a hypothetical case to the Red Cry site, to see how the other members would judge his case? Or is he merely a part of the organisation, and has obtained the blessings from Red Cry in terms of his chosen judgment over the Song men? Questions questions.

CSK is finally awake! And how telling that the girl in the green dress shows herself once more... first next to the stepmother, then her. What omen does she portend in this vision? Are both women victims of abuse? If so, who could have abused the stepmother? I look forward for this mystery to be finally unravelled...

Not very coherent since it's been a very long week thus far, but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, can I just reiterate just how incredible this drama has been and continues to be... stimulating on the cerebral, emotional and psychological level. Please be excellent to the end. 4 more episodes left!

8 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@0timelost 

Yes, she didn't see everything we witnessed. However, she witnessed an important event between Song Ho Min and Lee Eun Ho: the beating where Song expressed that he wanted LEH to die and he even mentioned Yoon in front of her (he didn't know that she was listening). Striking is that she could have gone to JH and tell him what had happened: the bad blood between Yoon and Song. She heard him say so. Yet she remained passive. Then she knows that LEH still takes his abuser's side who tries to explain why SHM is pitiful. To me, she was rather passive compared to Ha Na and Bit Na.

Maybe she wanted LEH to break free on his own as he is now an adult.

I apologize for cutting your post again...and I think I misinterpret your previous post. I though you were referring to CWK's passiveness when she was handling LEH's relationship with the head director (the father), not Director Song (the son). Hence, I replied back that CWK didn't get to see everything that we saw because as far as I remembered, she questioned head director's involvement when she was talking to LEH when he was in the detainment center, but even then LEH didn't give her much to go from. Hence, at the end of that episode, CWK told LEH to take care of head director because she didn't know he is an abuser.

As for being passive, I don't think CWK was being passive at all. She immediately jumped in to save LEH when she saw Director Song hitting him. When she told LEH to report it to the police, her hands are tied because LEH didn't want to report it (can't do much when the victim is refusing to charge the abuser)...just like how her initial suspicion of Bit Na's situation got ignored because Bit Na's mom involvement (and CWK has to wait until Bit Na finally come to her and requested her mom's arrest). CWK could only hope, as you said, that LEH break out of the issue on his own, but she intentionally gave him the reason--Director Song said he wants LEH to admit that he committed the crime--to break away from his situation. From their conversation in the detention center, it seems like CWK's tone has changed into a counseling tone, as she is very careful with her words and grasp on anything that LEH said that could give her clues to his situation. Also, CWK told JH about her suspicion on LEH, opening his eyes to a deeper issue and helping JH understand why LEH would decide to take the fall even though he is an "adult." She could feel that JH is bias against LEH, and that's why she talked to him so he could understand why LEH might cover for the killer. I think CWK has done her part, behind the scene, in helping LEH.

And because LEH is an adult, that's why JH and CWK aren't as "active" as their case with Hana. JH didn't physically confront the head director like he did to the dog butcher, nor did CWK go and investigate LEH's situation like she did for Hana (went to the dog butcher's house and got arrested). CWK did passively investigate but probing Director Song for his reason for sending her to see LEH, and JH did passively told LEH to stay away from the head director after he witnessed the fear that was emitted by Director Song and LEH. In any case, I think JH is the closest in suspecting that the head director is abusing them because he or one of his colleague told Director Song (when he was crying in fear), his dad won't be able to reach him in jail. 

Anyways...that's my thought. Thanks for putting up with my long post.  

Hi, first time posting in this thread. I really enjoy reading comments from all of you here. 

It has been a while since a drama makes me staying up in the night to watch it as soon as subtitles released. Just finished episode 25 & 26. What a roller coaster episode!

vlcsnap-2019-01-03-04h43m37s371.png

vlcsnap-2019-01-04-03h26m58s725.png

"Do you know what real hell is like? The innocent child who trembled in fear stands before me with a murderous gaze threatening to kill me. That's real hell. Do you see that?"

vlcsnap-2019-01-04-03h33m56s838.png

I really hope that he does not die! I replayed a few times to observe which part of him being shot, but it is not so clear, or perhaps purposely.

It is so painful to watch such "tragic" character. Being abused physically and mentally, feeling lonely and no one understands him. He really needs to be comforted! That's why he has conflicts between what his heart and mind say after being persuaded by Woo-Kyung, leading to changes of his choice during final scene. 

The writing about revealing the culprit and his motivation takes almost the same route like "The Village: Achiara's Secret".

"I am not a murderer. I saved the children." - Lee Eun Ho

"I want them to be happy."- Kang Pil Sung

Still enjoying the ride though. Yawning.. It's almost 4 a.m. Going to sleep now.

I watched yesterday's episodes with subs, and today's episodes without subs. I really want to comment on yesterday's episodes, but after having watched today's episodes I feel I need to watch them again with subs before I am ready to comment in more detail.

I just want to say that these were VERY strong episodes, very sad and very shocking indeed...

Spoiler

So many of our theories have been correct so far.
LEH is Red Cry. He had been abused as well.

The girl in the green dress is CSK.

Yet I think that with 3 more episodes to go, our writer still has some aces up her sleeve. I think we still have some surprises ahead for sure.

I am crying, this episode was so friggin SAD...

Hakyeon/N/EunHo was brilliant, I applaud his acting.

Also...

How sad that the place that EunHo/Red Cry chose for his death is the same place where his mother had abandoned him? Like, maybe EH thinks that's where everything started and it's also where everything will end for him. A tragic circle that comes to an end...

What calvary must have been so that, of all the names and poetry, EH had chosen, specially, "Red Cry" as his representation? A cry that is so tormentous that it can only be red...

This was more the tragic journey of an abused child that in his misery became a murderer... the abuse he suffered tinted his whole life, his vision, his actions, it consumed everything.

There are people who manage to survive the abuse and get ahead, but EH could never get ahead, there was never anyone for him.

He was stuck all this time.

Even for adults, to someone who was abused to that magnitude, it's a miracle if they get out of it... and even more for EH, he couldn't ever get away from his abusers since they possessed power over him: economically, physical, mentally and more important, emotionally.

EH was, truly, THE children of nobody.

I cried so much at the end because I could understand why LEH thought that murder was the only way to help the children, since nobody was there to help him. His ultimate goal was to destroy the legacy of that head director. He actually hated that man so much, just like SHM... but he couldn't do it before. The more he killed, the more he became sure that he could use this "strength" to get rid of that Song family. Even detective Kang didn't want him to die and understood the reason behind his actions. He even wanted to save him... 

However, I would like to add that even if the little girl with the green dress is called SK, we can not be sure that the actual SK is the same girl. In this episode, LEH told two important things to CWK:

- there are things that shouldn't be remembered. He warned her not to remember the past as she will feel real pain. LEH could never forget the desk and the poems linked to the sexual abuse.

- CWK has the same eye expression than Ha Na and Bitna: an abused child. LEH is sure that CWK has been abused.

Like I had mentioned before, I suspect that there might be an identity switch and CWK has been manipulated by her father. 

7 hours ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

p/s: The writing about revealing the culprit takes almost the same route like "The Village: Achiara's Secret".

"I am not a murderer. I saved the children." - Lee Eun Ho

"I want them to be happy."- Kang Pil Sung

Honestly, knowing that the writer of this drama was also the one behind Achiara was the reason why I was so sure Eunho would be Red Cry. Lmao I mean it's great writing and I also had my doubts from time to time, but I remember Achiara doing something like making viewers want to think that this person was innocent only for him to br the culprit in the end.

But now we talk about the Episode god I have legit tears in my eyes right as I am typing this. My heart still aches for Eunho. ㅠㅠ

When he was ripping the poetry book pages jisoos christ. And the poetic justice of his revenge on the head director just gave me goosebumps. <Hakyeon I am so proud of you>

That said, even when he said he was really gonna kill wookyung for her own sake, it was pretty obvious he wanted the police to kill him there, and it was just heartbreaking >_< he said he needed Wookyung's help after all, and let himself be tracked.

Can I also just say, god the way Jiheon looks at Eunho changed so much after the previous night's ep and even when he found out Eunho was Red Cry and shot Eunho, Jiheon looked at him with warmth, worry, sympathy. He wasn't so much looking at things as black and white as before with murder just being murder, because now we see him looking at a murderer with pain and compassion ans wanting him to live. I would definitely say it was more than just about catching a criminal to put in jail. He knew of Eunho's abusive past and he understands the motive, regardless of the horrible crimes he committed.

Aaaahhhh we still have three episodes. I hope even if Eunho would die in the end, we would still get some time with him in the coming eps. I want to see more of Jiheon and Eunho's conversations. I want to hear how this case changed Jiheon's views and for Eunho to be able to know it but also get to understand why his way of "saving the children" could still not be considered heroic.

Although of course I would want him to live. Serve his sentence and turn his life around. Idk he probably wouldnt get paroled bec of the number of murders, but I badly want him to live.

...well, I did say I was pretty sure episodes 25 and 26 would blow my previous post out of the water, aaaand sure enough. Still, I was right about one thing, at least. That Red Cry's situation wouldn't be as black and white as it first appeared, and that he was also an abused child, who genuinely, truly believed he was doing the right thing by killing these people and "saving" their children.

I'm still processing everything that just happened in these episodes, and honestly, I just kind of feel... numb, right now. And sad. So, so, so desperately sad. This entire situation is just tragic, in every single sense of the word, but all I as a viewer can do right now for these characters is simply to grieve for them. I spent basically the last half of episode 26 in tears, and they've still been coming off and on even as I've been typing this up.

It does make sense in hindsight that if Eunho was Red Cry, then he'd be happy to see the destruction of the Haneul Children's Center and the people who ran it. I don't think that his reactions to his abuse and being framed for the murder Director Song committed were faked, though. His heartbreak and his terror were 100% real, I could feel it. Probably directly going after his abusers directly rather than just undermining the center itself little by little was something he just couldn't bring himself to do because he was still so terrified of the director (and those words about being brainwashed were either things members of the Razorhead website said to him, or words that he said to himself). However, finding the courage to put Director Song behind bars and having the Head Director sexually abuse him yet again was probably the last straw, and he was like "Yup, screw this, I am out of here." I can't deny that it was cathartic af to see him rip into those poetry books that he despised so much, even though I was also simultaneously terrified and sick with dread at what was also about to happen (and I'm grateful we didn't see it, thank you editor-nim).

I honestly thought he was going to take his own life with that gun when Wookyung stumbled upon the scene in the Head Director's office, but when he eventually revealed that he was planning on killing Wookyung with it to spare her the pain of remembering whatever horrid thing happened to her in her past (as she has the "same eyes" as Bitna, Sora, and Hana), to prevent her from turning out like him, that almost made it worse. And then this wham line from Wookyung happened:

"Do you know what real pain is like? The innocent child who trembled in fear stands before me with a murderous gaze threatening to kill me. That's the real pain. Do you see that?"

My tears turned to full-blown sobbing at that point. Because I felt an echo of that pain at that moment, seeing someone who'd suffered so horribly for so long become so warped by his trauma and grief that literally the only way he can think to save someone pain is by killing them. I just... I really hope that Eunho isn't dead. I want, more than ever, for him to get the help he so desperately needs, for him to be able to move past the cycle of abuse and violence he's lived with for so long, for his Red Cry persona to not consume him entirely. Yes, he does need to answer for the things he's done, but I also just want that traumatized, broken little boy inside of him to be able to begin to finally heal (and maybe get a hug or two, that would also be nice).

As an aside, I do question whether he was actually involved in the Boy A Case, though; he didn't mention that when talking to Wookyung about how the Red Cry organization started, and it didn't seem like he was being insincere when talking to Jiheon about how his suspicions in that first case made him feel hurt. Maybe that first case was indeed a fluke and the fire was started by accident, but it got Eunho thinking about how much better Minki's life was afterwards, and maybe he would be more willing to try something like that himself. Or he just could have started the damn fire himself like Jiheon initially suspected, who the hell knows at this point. Certainly not me.

Looks like the Girl in the Green Dress is indeed Sekyung, as has been theorized for awhile now. As for what else her past has in store, there's still 3 more hours' worth of show left, I'm sure we'll find out eventually.

I do have to take a moment to give a shout out to the stellar acting in these 4 episodes, btw, I am so mad that the cast only won one award in the most recent award season, because every single person here brought their A game. Special mention goes to Cha Hakyeon in particular, he absolutely killed this role (no pun intended). I knew with absolute certainty if he did turn out to be Red Cry, that he was fully capable of delivering, and he did not disappoint whatsoever.

(BOY, was I right about "The Edge" being from Eunho's POV, though. Someone hold me, I am not okay. :bawling:)

i am only 7 mins in but i spoiled myself. i think the reason why i didn't want this outcome is now i really despise him and i didn't want to because i felt deeply for him. but i think he's a horrible person.

i had to fast forward through most of it since it was making me incredibly anxious. i am glad that we know now. it says 40/20 epsright? and i wouldnt mind 7 (/14) more episodes but I feel like theyre only gonna go up to 16 (/32)? does someone know if it's confirmed-confirmed that it's not.

if there are more perps, perhaps there is more to the (RC) forum. the problem i have with all of this is the morality of it. everything cwk said to him was right. and although they want him to live and get therapy probably for his obvious trauma and bit of psychopathy, i cannot connect this part of him with the loving helpful hand he was. in a way the writing is perfect that way, but now i believe he is just as evil as they are.

i garner a few of us on here have been physically, mentally, and/or sexually abused as kids. i never in a million years could murder someone over this. it breaks my heart, but i also know i can't be a judge jury or executioner. i steadfastly disagree with a lot of parenting practices but just like how cwk pointed out with bit na death won't bring peace. she needed her and her mother hit her limit; how is bit na supposed to survive after that? did LEH even think about what the foster system would do to these kids like it did with him? did he try any other avenue? that's what i cannot abide by. and it makes me angry he stripped the kids rights and thought he was doing what was right when he made the choices for them. cwk said people are hurt but it doesn't mean they will turn out  to be vicious murderers like he did. 

cwk killed a mother's CHILD on accident and that child had neglectful parents. the mother was young, selfish, and had literally no clue what she was doing with no social welfare to help herself. and the result is leaving a child without answers, a mother almost dying, and her child and  in a center that is ran by monsters.....they were still going to be put in hanul so his plan wasnt though through. it was so emotions based and most of all it was what he wanted so i find that kind of selfishness unforgiveable. he tortured cwk and the detectives for months and consistently put their lives in danger. he's just as selfish as the others and i feel so bad for him but i'm so angry how he added to the cycle instead of breaking it. 

older people, guardians, parental figures. we're supposed to figure out a healthy way to live. nothing about what he did was healthy or helpful and now there's worlds of trauma he has left behind for the children to deal with on top of the abuse they have suffered.

i'm excited for the reveals of her childhood and her sister waking up and finding out everything. also learning more about red cry and the psychology and i hope that they will find a way to marry the fact that he suffered tremendously but as revenge he harmed countless amounts of innocent people. 

well done !

I am a natural optimist and was hoping hard that the writer would take a dark route yet with a last minute way out.

N/Eunho... have to gather my thoughts.

When she told LEH to report it to the police, her hands are tied because LEH didn't want to report it (can't do much when the victim is refusing to charge the abuser)...

@0timelost I’m not sure about SK laws but in the US, healthcare professionals/teachers etc are obligated to report abuse (children or adult) when they suspect it.  The burden of investigation and indicting lie in the police and DA and has no bearing on reporting the crime. The healthcare professionals could be charged for under reporting.  So as a counselor, CWK should have done her part independently of what Eunho feels.

CWK leaving Eunho the choice and responsibilities maybe was her way of respecting him.... in her mind, she probably didn’t want to be another authority figure controlling his life.  Yet, he truly needed a caring person to teach and reaffirm for him the many shades of good and evil besides a character on TV.  Could she have been more firm at inserting her influence in his life?  It’s a hard issue for a counselor to consider with an abused child.  I think interventions, in this case about abuse or suicide or anything that is life threatening, are necessary to remove the affected person from the current toxic environment. That’s the first step, remove Eun Ho from keep thinking the same way.

I am not blaming CWK as she tries hard to help all the kids while trying to manage her own life.  

I also said that Eun Ho is Red Cry. It could be suspected that Eun Ho was the culprit from the start. Poor thing. It is so brutal, he suffered so much. My heart is aching. He is not a bad person actually. He would deserve to start his life again and he needs help to heal.

By the way I think that filthy murderous dog butcher who KILLED his own baby and abused his other child and that pervert abusive head director deserved the death.

Of course it is sad that Eun Ho was too weak and he started to kill. He should not have killed at least the others...

But it is just a fckn richard simmons that every life would be equal. How can be the life of a sadistic abuser or a psychopath killer would be equal to others?

Abusing and killing a child and murdering such abusive killer are just not same...

The problem is that most of the humanity today became so domesticated and brainwashed that they stupidly believe that the legal and criminal justice system we were given today is right and normal. When it's not. There are a bunch of problem with it. That is why many times filthy criminals are not caught and punished by the law because there are no evidences on their crimes for example, and they just get away with it freely. Disgusting...

Wow, I was not allowed to write this word: richard simmons. Ridiculous.

This controlling attitude of soompi resembles to the attitude of a special racial group on Earth who always has some butthurt and whining if someone dares to express her/his critics about something. 

Like many of you, I too cried so much at the end of last night's episode... Even JH was crying for EH... A lot of what I wanted to say was already mentioned in above posts, so I shall not repeat the same sentiments...

What an amazing portrayal of EH's character by Hakyeon! It's really a pity that he wasn't acknowledged at the drama awards... Drama series at year end, which goes through the changing to a new year, always suffer from proper recognition at year-end awards....

Anyway, with the finale episodes next week, we finally will get to see CWK's full story. I remembered one of the promo poster only had the back of Girl in Green Dress from afar. It must then be the important plot for this drama. We probably will get to see CWK's ex and JH's ex again.

I sure hope that EH isn't dead, because he hasn't gone through healing. Although he must serve time for those murders he committed, I want him to be healed emotionally. We still have two more hours, so I am hopeful he isn't dead yet, and also because I believe the shot fired to him by JH was only meant to keep him from shooting CWK.

54 minutes ago, Desdemona Diamandis said:

Abusing and killing a child and murdering such abusive killer are just not same...

I beg to differ... Deliberately inflicting pain on others and deliberately taking the life of others, are both vicious acts, no matter what the reasoning or the motive may be. That is why only when proven it is for self-defense, or the person committing the act is mentally unstable, that the person will not be charged with murder and sentenced to jail time.

~ ~ ~ ~

Am listening to the OST by N on loop now...:tears:

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/children-of-nobody-eps-23-24-spoilers.html

blue.png

[Children of Nobody] Eps 23 & 24 spoilers, Kim Sun Ah x Lee Yi Kyung x Cha Hak Yeon

Article: Naver 'Children of Nobody' Kim Beop Rae, arrested for murder  

1. [+651,-6]
It's sad that a drama like this isn't getting lots of attention. This is the only drama I'm being a first broadcast killer for.. The script, actors' acting, they are all perfect! It's interesting to try deducing after each episode. And they send out serious messages too. This is a good masterpiece!!!

2. [+297,-9]
The immersion is daebak, so are the actors' acting skills. I don't get why are the ratings low. 

3. [+260,-6]
It was a little confusing last week, but as expected, the two were abused by the old Director... Is Red Cry really Eun Ho? Or the Director? Eun Ho's phone conversation with Cha Woo Kyung bugs me.. "You saved my life." 

4. [+218,-5]
A drama where 1hr flies quickly while watching it. 

5. [+210,-2]
Is Eun Ho the culprit..? It's too obvious, but it seems like Eun Ho. I enjoy deducing and guessing after every episode. It's a pity that a drama like this doesn't have high ratings.. 

6. [+115,-0]
I think it's Eun Ho, but at the same time, I hope he's not the culprit. If the story develops this way in other dramas, it would be so frustrating, but this isn't frustrating to watch at all. I find it a pity whenever it ends, it makes me want to cherish it while watching.. The acting, directing, script, everything is daebak.. Ha Na's father, the dog seller's acting is just insane. 

7. [+97,-1]
Today's highlight is Kim Beop Rae sitting down while eating his seolleongtang, sliced radish and soup well in the detention center after killing someone. 

8. [+70,-1]
This is a really well-made drama, but the ratings aren't high. It's a pity. Actress Kim Sun Ah talked about wanting to have season 2 during her award speech. But with that kind of ratings, it's going to be difficult, is it? 

9. [+69,-1]
If only the ratings shoot up... Why aren't people watching such an interesting drama.. 

10. [+61,-3]
Everyone has good acting skills. This is the best drama. Please watch it. Hak Yeon is seriously God's work. Acting-dol Cha Hak Yeon ♡

bluemoon.png
Article: Naver 'Children of Nobody' Cha Hak Yeon makes viewers cry with his 'pitiful tearing up' acting 

1. [+282,-0]
This drama is really daebak. I watched while holding my breath yesterday. Their acting, the story, and its theme, there's nothing to pick on. What's lacking is the ratings. I hope this drama continues with its quality. I'd like to clap for the production team!! 

2. [+220,-2]
Kim Sun Ah's lines hit me..... The detective was frustrated when Eun Ho would rather be falsely accused of murder than to speak up because he is afraid of the old Director getting angry...... She told him that it's scary when relationships are established, and tells him to look at Ha Na.... Ha Na was abused, that relationship formed between her and her father and that dominance over her are scary. It will be there for a long time..... Judges have to watch this drama!!!! 

3. [+172,-0]
He really did well. He even added the detail of his hands trembling. It was amazing. 

4. [+124,-0]
My heart hurts when I saw Hak Yeon cry. I'll  always be cheering for our Hak Yeon. ❤

5. [+120,-0]
The story is really strong... My heart broke when Eun Ho was getting beat up. 

6. [+49,-0]
Eun Ho's acting is really good. I have this feeling that the old Director is going to die today... 

7. [+49,-0]
People aren't watching a drama like this, but they are watching the drama that the godmother of makjang wrote? Pathetic! Cha Hak Yeon's acting is really good. They did a good job in casting. 

8. [+41,-0]
I'm watching every episode hoping that Red Cry exists in reality. This episode shows how much effect child abuse has on adults when they grow up. Eun Ho resigns himself in every line, that made my heart hurt so much. I'll be cheering for you. Cha Hak Yeon, fighting. 

9. [+39,-0]
Once relationships are established, it won't change. Even if you want to get out of it, it won't work out well. Eun Ho's lines are still in my mind. It's still feels sad. 

Justification and rationalisation.....

I think JH's previous statement that a life is a life or a person is a person is important....we will never know what brings a person down a certain path in life...so do we have a right to judge...

To say that one life is worth less or more than another. 

It's just like how a few of us were baying for the dog butcher's blood and recoiled at the ferocity of the attack on him...

We all became part of the red cry group in that moment.

4 hours ago, Desdemona Diamandis said:

I also said that Eun Ho is Red Cry. It could be suspected that Eun Ho was the culprit from the start. Poor thing. It is so brutal, he suffered so much. My heart is aching. He is not a bad person actually. He would deserve to start his life again and he needs help to heal.

By the way I think that filthy murderous dog butcher who KILLED his own baby and abused his other child and that pervert abusive head director deserved the death.

Of course it is sad that Eun Ho was too weak and he started to kill. He should not have killed at least the others...

But it is just a fckn richard simmons that every life would be equal. How can be the life of a sadistic abuser or a psychopath killer would be equal to others?

The problem is that most of the humanity today became so domesticated and brainwashed that they stupidly believe that the legal and criminal justice system we were given today is right and normal. When it's not. There are a bunch of problem with it. That is why many times filthy criminals are not caught and punished by the law because there are no evidences on their crimes for example, and they just get away with it freely. Disgusting...

This controlling attitude of soompi resembles to the attitude of a special racial group on Earth who always has some butthurt and whining if someone dares to express her/his critics about something. 

I get your frustration, however there are no perfect man-made systems in the world. 

The same system that is supposed to judge filthy criminals for their crimes is also used to judge innocents accused of crimes and as much as you rage about the system letting filthy criminals get away because of a lack of evidence, I believe it is reprehensible that innocents are locked up based on circumstantial evidence and speculation only. The concept of "Innocent till proven guilty" embodies that because while you may let a criminal slip once, it doesn't mean he won't be caught forever. However, if an innocent is wrongly locked up, his rights, time and life taken away, no one can ever give them those back.

It is precisely because of this principle that WooKyung is able to walk around, save and comfort kids, tuck her daughter in for the night, provide great advice to the cops and so on while Red Cry is running around. I know some people who sincerely believed that she was Red Cry based on "logic"... but they forgot that the beginning point of their "logical series of thoughts" was was based on shaky ground - non evidence - which means.. they were just building castles in the air.

The criminal system was meant to separate the dangerous from our society... but it will never run perfectly given that it is run by humans who are not perfect. That's why there are prosecutors, lawyers, judges, juries, and why laws and policies are revamped from time to time. The system changes as we as a society learn. We can put all the checks and balances we want, but if the people operating the system do not work as intended, then how can the system work correctly? (See Donald Trump and the GOP in congress.) It doesn't mean that we dump the system and carry on with personal vendetta. It means we should challenge the people in the system and work harder to collect and make sense of evidence (as our technological advancements have enabled).

The problem with rogue justice warriors is that someday, someone might get killed innocently just because of heresy. Judgement has to be objective and based on facts, not based on speculation and a moment of fury - and the public opinion is often fickle, which is why we even have the system in the first place. Sometimes judgement can even be over the top, like HaJung's case and bring even more painful consequences.

I'm not saying that the system is perfect - it has many problems, I admit, and it has a lot of room to grow - but if we're gonna just rely on vigilante justice, we're gonna go back to the times of tribes killing each other because of some your-father-killed-my-father-so-now-I-kill-your-father shtick with wars that last generations cos everyone's killing each other's father like a vicious loop that never ends. 

And I don't know what in the world that last paragraph has got to do with this issue. How could anyone conflate censoring swear words with repression of free speech. Like... You could just use other formal and proper words that are less likely to offend others to state your opinion vs not even being allowed to state your opinion in peace. They are two completely different things. Soompi is just like a Mom saying "don't swear!" while the other one is a big baby who screams and cries and drowns you out regardless.

4 hours ago, Desdemona Diamandis said:

The justice system is immoral and flawed everywhere. i am an abolitionist, i do not support imperialism, i do not support the police, and i do not believe putting people in prison has helped bring people to the justice they need.

there's plenty of works about communities condemning people for transformative justice; that's something you can (and should) look up on your own. HOWEVER, there are laws in place. some affect an oppressed group way more than others. but they are still there. and the thing is basic humanity is underlined with the justice system. the problem is red cry making the decision for the children on what the right punishment would be. which is death. that leads them to have to go into the foster system which is routinely unhealthy and scary. what could be solved with therapy, or non contact, or supervision was taken over by a very troubled abused child who did sadistic acts to people who also did sadistic things. and with almost all the cases it was much more difficult than JUST abuse. that's the point. there's  a whole system out there to support people and not doing so effectively (just like law enforcement!) ha na's mother is a perfect example. a woman with mental delays who was coerced and gave birth to two children. one being murdered in front of her and the other she had no clue how to raise. she was homeless. the social welfare system failed her. bit na's mom was a single mother. there's so much more. it's not black and white but it isn't sane or normal or good for the results to be this.

and to your last point i have no clue what that means. structural oppression is not akin to a kind of uncool rule of soompi that you can't curse. it's annoying and i sure am someone that heavily curses but it's okay lol

on another note: lee yi kyung is a force. i always loved kim sun ah but i didnt know about him and i'm so impressed. i love him im gonna keep looking out for him. his acting here was natural and easy to watch. i happened to see this (not amazing) film with him in it where he plays a gay man and he was good in that as well. something about him i ijust really love.

Archived