[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

Just now, laivla said:

I mean, ED must framed Na Wang Shik about the Celebration, because NWS treaten to attack the Celebration.

Omg! This makes sense! Very good observation.

So lackey abducts NWS and puts him in the palace to frame him for the explosion. I can totally see it going that route.

And might I add..Hyuk is still Hyuk! He swings but he is still cray2 Hyuk. I appreciate that. Thank you writernim for not making him suddenly have a character transplant and flip 180deg to be super nice and have an sudden realization to right his wrong. Haha 

Anyways, Hyuk just acknowledge you are bad and accept punishment. Stop denying what is obvious. Sunny was even caught in harms way again because she was trying to wake you up. If that doesnt make you consider to be good for once, i don't know what ever will. Tsk3

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Hyuk only protect Sunny from ED, not himself.

Lee Hyuk pretend to be a victim of his mother done to him. He think nothin wrong with himself. So weirdos when he is alive from near death, just ask mix coffe, and nothing change. 

Woo Bin and Sunny change after get that experience, Lee Hyuk.... 

This whole family day out, I cant help but think that its a sign that Hyuk will die or that he will end his reign himself.

Did he say something along the lines of being content to stay like this forever 

Spoiler

Dz2slX9UUAIt-Ox.jpg

Dz2smKSU8AAljON.jpg

Dz2snFpU8AAk5eb.jpg

@stroppyse please translate what Hyuk said

As the bomb was ticking, despite all that he did to her, she saves Hyuk first and then he wakes to save her. He even sees the blurred injured man (Im assuming is WS) putting himself on the line to protect them from another explosion.  Geez maybe this will be his wake up call. 

Spoiler

Dz2ulnZUYAAHUWM.jpg

Dz2uoXqUcAA1GlT.jpg

Dz202NgV4AIyQVL.jpg

Dz2upLsUwAE0ac-.jpg

Dz2uqAfUYAANTh2.jpg

26 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

True no one dies... this reminds me of the American soaps no one dies and even if theres a corpse they somehow still return.

Did you see the preview?

Reveal hidden contents

theres a bandage man. Dont tell me thats going to be WS, he returns with burns and looks like a mummy. If so this show has gone crazy 

This is my first time putting recaps in spoilers lol!

No i havent seen the preview. My stream got cut so I missed it. Do you have the link?

And lol at recaps in spoilers. I was so used to posting recaps in the open. This thread is the first time I put recaps in spoilers too hahaha.

This is adorable. Really. Now cast these two in a romcom. Please~ kekeke

Dz2slX9UUAIt-Ox.jpg

the kill count bet -- congrats to winner @jbeanie1709; :star:

the rest of us were bloodthirsty but the drama basically pulled lots of fake/close deaths and fooled us...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-yFjmGRWXrQgBDhvTtI-

the kill count bet -- the list more or less stayed the same with 9 or 10 actual deaths but fake/close deaths rises to 27 from the last count of 22 ...

Updated notes:

** original bet from december had about 7-8 ish people (not counting the fake deaths); count currently stands at 9 or 10 .

** the fake death stands at 27 -- 

fake/close death list: wang shik & sunny in lake, emperor stabbed in neck, wang shik in sea, sunny in cliff, sunny almost falls off crane, sunny getting hit by stone, helro and dad almost burnt, yura getting cement poured on, servant lady getting beaten by empress, yura fakes death with yellow truck, yura almost burns with yellow truck, emperor and his motorbike incident, royal guard who is no longer missing but in mental hospital, old guard who showed up in front of yura, ari's peanut allergy, sunny's road trip with wang shik and 2 papparazi reporters, yoon getting bashed in the head, empress michelle getting kidnapped to be killed, wang shik gets a gun in his head and guards almost decide to kill him, kang joo seung gets poisoned by nanny, wang shik the bandage man.

so about 27 fake/close deaths?

the details:

so far, 1 villain (Ma pil joo) have been killed, 5 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong, sunny's mom), miscellaneous people (the royal guard's brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies + the doctor at imperial hospital) , all together about 9 or 10*** folks?

"the kill count!" bet  ~ going forward, how many more characters will disappear?  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

5 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Anyways, Hyuk just acknowledge you are bad and accept punishment. Stop denying what is obvious. Sunny was even caught in harms way again because she was trying to wake you up. If that doesnt make you consider to be good for once, i don't know what ever will. Tsk3

Yeahh.. I'm worried about this ,  if Lee Hyuk still not admit if he done wrong all the time, and deny get punishment, this will make Open Ending for sure.. If Lee Hyuk became hate Sunny, because Sunny ruin his life. He is so unstable mentality... Maybe Sunny never life in peace... 

But, after Sunny get injured because tried to save Lee Hyuk.. hope his mind is open.. The Imperial family is futile.. and there's no need to continue the game of Imperial family... 

6 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Here's the finale preview....we need translations lol

Thank you! I can't believe TLE is ending tomorrow!

It feels bittersweet. I am not ready to part with cray2 Hyuk. I thought I was last week. But obviously I'm not.

Hyuk's voice sounds solemn. Even Sunny looks solemn. I think I have to prepare tissues for tomorrow, I have a feeling I will cry. Haha

But that bandage guy though. If that is NWS, this team has upped its game. Creative. Lol. This somewhat reminds me of George in Grey's Anatomy, but i hope NWS does not face the same fate as George.

Spoiler

Unfortunately George died. Imo, this was one of the saddest moment ever in GA history

16 minutes ago, laivla said:

Yeahh.. I'm worried about this ,  if Lee Hyuk still not admit if he done wrong all the time, and deny get punishment, this will make Open Ending for sure..

This actually reminds me of the ending of Liar Game. Ahahaha. Clip in tab below.

Spoiler

Jump to min 1

Liar game ending is kinda open ended~ now where is Liar game season 2? Lol

:lol: Well, that’s certainly a way to bring NWS back into the picture.

The end is going to be bitter-sweet for me. I started watching this drama because I am obsessed with royalty and political intrigue; but I stayed for the wonderful actors and crazy plot twists. Don’t want it to end, but it’s been a good show nonetheless. 

Edit: Also, I’m not fluent in Korean; however, from what I grasp, LH is leaving it all up to Sunny. I think she’s going to end the monarchy. 

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

that’s a relief..  coz the story started with NWS as the key character so i kinda disappointed the way he was beaten endlessly and now dead due to bomb explosion..   if i was the writer, i will make NWS elope with crazy princess and live happily ever after as a rich guy, maybe go on cruise to ibiza... and hv a good life after all the misery -_- it may sounds crazy but the whole drama is crazy right :sweatingbullets:

Lol! Fret not. We are speculating the bandage guy in the preview is NWS. Maybe he'll return to his original size or change his face once again with plastic surgery. The main point is: we speculate he is still alive hohoho

And i like your alternative option for NWS. It could have totally go that route. Sojin was very smitten with NWS. 

Okay. About the preview.

Why is this happening again?

Mw8Lj3.gif

QnWP1Y.gif

:joy: it was so creepy before, will it be creepy tomorrow? 

The shaving scene looks like bad news......:skull:  In HK gangsters dramas/movies there was always this kind of scene where the person who got shaved didn't survive to tell the tale while the one who did the shaving walked out into the sunset with a bloody razor.....:skull: While the BM playing and the end credits appeared.....:skull:

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

:joy: He is shy now

The only things made me laugh hard today..Thanks you two.. :lol:

Still laughing...:joy:

2 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

NWS is injured again~ surprise surprise

aigoo just kill the poor man~~

finally~ he's dead.. tsk tsk

1 minute ago, laivla said:

How about make Lee Hyuk die and NWS have plastic surgery and his face change to Lee Hyuk... :joy:

Edit: This is the third one :lol: I like the idea..more creative than what's going on in the drama. :P

On 2/20/2019 at 10:09 PM, Matilda_Anne said:

do you guys really think the reason why CJH wont be in the extension is due to scheduling conflict?

i dunno the whole thing seems salty to me~ the way they end him :confused:

First thing i watching kdrama must know how many the episodes n when the end...TLE had 48 epi n the end on 7 feb...after that TLE postpone on 16 jan (special episode) and 6 feb...so TLE the end on 14 feb...But this drama extended 4 episodes and the end on 21 feb...if CJH join extended 4 episodes TLE i think CJH had a bit time for the rest...i see schedules event FM at Taiwan and have a rehearsal audience..fans buy a ticket for the FM ...before that CJH need to preparation as practise singing, stamina and other...it just my sense...if wrong i'm so sorry...:wub:

Okay so I had to drop this one because of CJH not being in the finale. Here I was rooting for Sunny and WS to end up together and he's not going to be there in the end... I just don't understand, why be so greedy to extend the episodes when they knew his schedule? So what exactly did they do with his character in his last episode? Who is the bandaged guy? WS?

I will say the cast did a phenomenal job but the writing of this... it just felt like they keep adding to it to keep the plot going.

Preview ep 51-52 translation. Credits to dramamilk

Hyuk – If something happens to me, the Emperor of the country, and I cannot function as the Emperor anymore, all the power goes to Suni.

SN – I told you everything about the last footage of Emperor Hyuk

:tears: i dunno what to expect. Either he died or he is now disabled. Or something else. I'll still prepare tissues for the finale. Huhuhu

And a recap is available on dramamilk~

https://www.dramamilk.com/the-last-empress-episode-49-and-50-live-recap/

Based on what I saw on my choppy livestream and the recaps by dramamilk, i like this episode. I expected a draggy episode after Granny's suicide and I'm glad I was wrong. There are some shortcoming, but overall the episode was okay. I was kinda right about the preview for ep 49-50 before, it is the beginning of Hyuk's downfall. Sunny wont do anything with him without reason. Lol

Mama is pure evil. Evil to the core. How could she plot all sorts of stuff on her own sons. Mama needs to be punished hardest. Maybe the worst punishment for her is to really lose her son on top of everything else. Huhu

Yura has been thorougly redeemed though. Thoroughly. I still want her to be punished for what she did to NWS's mum. But i supppose her involvement is overlooked for now or maybe ever. Huhu

42 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay so I had to drop this one because of CJH not being in the finale. Here I was rooting for Sunny and WS to end up together and he's not going to be there in the end... I just don't understand, why be so greedy to extend the episodes when they knew his schedule? So what exactly did they do with his character in his last episode? Who is the bandaged guy? WS?

I will say the cast did a phenomenal job but the writing of this... it just felt like they keep adding to it to keep the plot going.

The character is still alive. And plays a huge part in ep 50 narrative. Maybe If CJH was able to film there wouldnt even be a bandage man. Maybe...but we will never know. 

Archived