Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, booha said:

Okay I just read an article which said there would be a substitute actor for NWS.   Though I’m not sure  how accurate the news is, it makes sense.   We talked how central NWS’s part was in the plot line.  It seems the TLE team knows that they can’t just push off NWS.

am trying to imagine how this will happen... will he get surgery, put on weight due to steroid medicines and turn back into rocky bear? will he get bashed in the head again, have spasms and so they are forced to cut his face and voila, new face? or maybe he will eat some of those poppy in the island and magically turn into someone else and we only see his back and hear his voice? ^_^

  • LOL 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 New one here... 

I started watching just 2 weeks ago this drama so I don't care with who Sunny end but I found sad the story had major changes throug the middle one can feel that the plot is not the same as in the beggining, notice thay NWS (CJH) was lesser important in the drama and they gave more relevance to the Emperor (I do like him, SSR is so far extraordinary, it remind me sometimes his previous work in Return).

 

Oh Sunny and the Emperor had a korean nickname... it's possible the story changed due to korean viewers?  I don't know but if they have a nickname and had a strong fanbase that could explain the whole change in the plot.

 

I hope this drama gives a good closure, the bad ones need to be punished. 
 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

am trying to imagine how this will happen... will he get surgery, put on weight due to steroid medicines and turn back into rocky bear? will he get bashed in the head again, have spasms and so they are forced to cut his face and voila, new face? or maybe he will eat some of those poppy in the island and magically turn into someone else and we only see his back and hear his voice? ^_^

 

Please turn back to Rocky Bear and end it in such an amazing 360 fashion lol. This drama will achieve cult status if Rocky Bear returns.

 

@Minwae I personally think so; which is a shame - they should stick to strong story not pleasing to viewer's feedback in real time. 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Minwae said:

 New one here... 

I started watching just 2 weeks ago this drama so I don't care with who Sunny end but I found sad the story had major changes throug the middle one can feel that the plot is not the same as in the beggining, notice thay NWS (CJH) was lesser important in the drama and they gave more relevance to the Emperor (I do like him, SSR is so far extraordinary, it remind me sometimes his previous work in Return).

 

Oh Sunny and the Emperor had a korean nickname... it's possible the story changed due to korean viewers?  I don't know but if they have a nickname and had a strong fanbase that could explain the whole change in the plot.

 

I hope this drama gives a good closure, the bad ones need to be punished. 
 

 

 

Welcome to the thread :D. I assume you are now up to date with the episodes~ ehehe

 

I find kviewers like to give nicknames to a lot of things. Sometimes at random things. Lol

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, booha said:

Okay I just read an article which said there would be a substitute actor for NWS.   Though I’m not sure  how accurate the news is, it makes sense.   We talked how central NWS’s part was in the plot line.  It seems the TLE team knows that they can’t just push off NWS.

Now I’m getting where stars land nostalgia.

 

is it possible they will use rocky bear as the sub actor? Like he gets brain surgery and goes back to looking how he used to?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's finale week of The Last Empress ... hopefully Writernim wud be bringing a logical end to this drama...which have a been full of twist & turns from day1 ...

It had been a wild ride since it's first episode...With CJH, out of picture now I may not be following the finale week ...

But still, my guess about the ending, it might go the "where stars land" way ....

& Sunny will work for punishing Hyuk or whatever the situation will be ... &  they might show WangShik, just disappear from the Island, & he went ahead for surgery & may not survive through it....& If he survives through, he leftback to his hometown ...& in epilogue may be they will bring the original fatty WangShik raising DongShik...

As for HyukSunny I see a happy end for two of them ...

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want to share some of my fave gifs. Hyuk and and his mum are so extra = great gifs. 

 

Here's one of my fave Hyuk gif.

k8QK5x.gif

Hahahahaha. Gun whipping Hyuk is the best :lol:

 

Here's one my fave gif of evil mum.

wmMJvz.gif

Isn't she so relatable here? That's me lounging at home. Lol

 

  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

There's this not so hidden thing in kdramaland that husband and wife will remain husband and wife in a drama despite it all. I can only recall two successful divorce between the main lead in kdramaland and I think I watch quite a lot of dramas. Other than that, they work their crap out and run together towards the sunset. Maybe because divorce is taboo to some?

only two? have seen so many dramas where they split up but it ends on a peaceful note. as in they no longer hate each other and somehow move on. usually the girl lead will have someone cool by her side like wang shik and she will then officially have a romance with him... so not that uncommon (at least in daily/weekend dramas)....

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

only two? have seen so many dramas where they split up but it ends on a peaceful note. as in they no longer hate each other and somehow move on. usually the girl lead will have someone cool by her side like wang shik and she will then officially have a romance with him... so not that uncommon (at least in daily/weekend dramas)....

 

Hahaha. I usually watch primetime dramas, and i can only recall 2 dirvoces on the fly : one in 'on the way to the airport' and recently in 'liver or die'. There might be others that I forgot. I did watch weekender My Daughter Seoyoung but I can't recall if they got divorced or not. :sweatingbullets:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

 

Hahaha. I usually watch primetime dramas, and i can only recall 2 dirvoces on the fly : one in 'on the way to the airport' and recently in 'liver or die'. There might be others that I forgot. I did watch weekender My Daughter Seoyoung but I can't recall if they got divorced or not. :sweatingbullets:

ah, I see.. so yea, I don't watch too many prime time dramas...there are quite a few weekend dramas where there is one divorce among the four couples and them starting anew.. for example, in laurel tailors, the main leads were both divorcees with awful ex-spouses who create all sorts of trouble and eventually, these two get married...  so yea, dramaland does have re-united ex-spouses trope but there are lots of dramas where folks get divorced and move on...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, daisybeen said:

You've said it all! There was supposed to be romance (and well developed at that!) between them. 

 

Yeah..If I see the writer not addressing that in the end I'll know the writer is not strong enough to hold o to her own writing. it's okay to develop more complex villain because a part of viewers enjoy his character but it's not okay if she changes the romantic aspect of the story entirely by romanticizing the wrong side.

 

Just now, katakwasabi said:

I dunno...i think any loveline between Sunny-Bin got butchered when they made her marry Hyuk. But she won't be an empress if not through marriage. Unless granny didn't die so early, and she kicked Hyuk and ED out, disown everyone in the royal family, adopt Sunny and bestowed the thrown to her :P

 

There's this not so hidden thing in kdramaland that husband and wife will remain husband and wife in a drama despite it all. I can only recall two successful divorce between the main lead in kdramaland and I think I watch quite a lot of dramas. Other than that, they work their crap out and run together towards the sunset. Maybe because divorce is taboo to some?

 

Why'd marrying Hyuk butcher Sunny-Bin. Just because one marries wrong doesn't mean she has to hold on to the wrong marriage. Sunny is not an Empress of Joseon Era, She's the Empress of modern era. Lee Hyuk is a wrong partner for her in so many levels but because of prejudice she has to stick to the wrong marriage?? I think we're forgetting that Sunny came to imperial Family second time for revenge not to secure Lee Hyuk's affection.

 

The drama promised us fight against injustice not succumbing to prejudice. Sunny-Bin found each other while fighting against this injustice. I don't see any wrong in pursuing their romance. Sunny now wants to bring down Imperial Family. If the monarchy got destroyed in the process she won't be Empress anymore. 

 

I can recall three successful  divorce in Kdrama  and one of them is from a prime time family drama rest are mini series. I'm sure there are more. While watching kdrama for almost 6 years, I thought Kdrama projects more open minded ideas despite many prejudice existing in their society.

 

But right now, my intuition is telling me that the writer will not be showing us anything directly on Sunny-Wangshik romance after the mess they made with Na Wang Shik character and CJH.

 

But I'll still be hoping the writer will not be showing us that Sunny choose to be with Lee Hyuk because he is her husband(!). Sunny deserves way way way better. She's done being a fangirl. 

 

lpNssnd.png&key=3f3ab28a12022cf6eb7b30f8

 

I absolutely love Oh Sunny (Jang Nara JJang!awesomely portrayed Oh Sunny) character and her development through out the drama. It will be very sad if I see that they make her weak against prejudice.

I really hope TLE won't butcher my favorite characters in the drama one by one. If that happens I won't know how to deal with this double blow! :bawling:

 

Just now, philosophie said:

Now I’m getting where stars land nostalgia

 

@philosophie give me spoilers I don't mind. I saw this tweet and got interested in knowing how they messed up?

 

Spoiler

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preview has mostly the same garbage scenes as the other  episodes.

 

This looks nothing  like it suppose to this late in the game. I have no idea why they extended this when they still doing the same stuff.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Why'd marrying Hyuk butcher Sunny-Bin. Just because one marries wrong doesn't mean she has to hold on to the wrong marriage. Sunny is not an Empress of Joseon Era, She's the Empress of modern era. Lee Hyuk is a wrong partner for her in so many levels but because of prejudice she has to stick to the wrong marriage?? I think we're forgetting that Sunny came to imperial Family second time for revenge not to secure Lee Hyuk's affection.

 

The drama promised us fight against injustice not succumbing to prejudice. Sunny-Bin found each other while fighting for this injustice. I don't see any wrong in pursuing their romance. Sunny now wants to bring down Imperial Family. If the monarchy got destroyed in the process she won't be Empress anymore. 

 

I can recall three successful  divorce in Kdrama  and one of them is from a prime time family drama rest are mini series. I'm sure there are more. While watching kdrama for almost 6 years, I thought Kdrama projects more open minded ideas despite many prejudice existing in their society.

 

But right now, my intuition is telling me that the writer will not be showing us anything directly on Sunny-Wangshik romance after the mess they made with Na Wang Shik character and CJH.

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

I didn't mean anything deep with my sentence. I just think it would be better if Sunny was not married at all. Better options for her and a higher probability for NWS, less for Hyuk. Of course being married does not mean one needs to be in it forever especially when its wrong and depressing and heartbreaking. 

 

I dunno what to say about the preview. Other than it is brighter than the last ep. Which is surprising. I expected angst.

 

@flutterby06 about MotA ending

Spoiler

It was dissapointing to me. I was active in the thread at that time, with livecaps and all. Imo, it started going downhill after ep 4, and just went tumbling down towards the end. Especially after the writer's interview before the finale. 

 

I was complaining 1 month ago about MotA writernim's interview, little did I expect 1 month later TLE would surprise me with the unavailability of the lead character in its finale. Hua3

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, katakwasabi said:

Hahaha. I usually watch primetime dramas, and i can only recall 2 dirvoces on the fly : one in 'on the way to the airport' and recently in 'liver or die'. There might be others that I forgot. I did watch weekender My Daughter Seoyoung but I can't recall if they got divorced or not. :sweatingbullets:

 

Pinch we've a common.

On the Way to Airport. Another two I was talking about were "Twenty Again." and " Wang's family."

 

My Daughter Seo Young

Spoiler

@katakwasabi, had a divorce but the viewers knew that the divorce was not because the leads were out of love. The divorce was just a key to give some space to their love for each other. I love My Daughter Seo Young. :wub:

 

Just now, dramaninja said:

Preview has mostly the same garbage scenes as the other  episodes.

 

Writer is obsessed with giving kiss scene to Lee Hyuk. I mean do we still need fillers!! I think I'll have to wait to watch last two episode in one go so I can get done with this drama palli palli.

(But Sunny please hold on girl)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw the preview, i do not understand what they were saying but i ABSOLUTELY HATE the fact that the pd is still creating kissing moments for SN & LH :angry:

 

i adore the late grand empress while she was alive, but i feel her action of suicide is her choosing the easy way out while leaving all the burdens and responsibility to SN. That is absolutely unfair to SN. Especially if SN cannot divorce LH. 

Just like what @flutterby06 shared, i hope the show doesn't butcher SN's character development by making her weak against prejudice and stay married to LH.

So what if many think LH is repentant and really loves SN now? He is still mentally unstable, can flip anytime and needs professional help. SN should not be made to stay by him to "cure or change him with love".

And at this point if they make SN feels touched and falls in love with LH, i'll be swearing off this scriptwriter and pd 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, waffles09 said:

New preview

 

 

May I know what Sunny says at the end of the preview that cause Hyuk turns his head?? Thanks.....:)

  • Like 3
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol! @Super Gal99 nice gifs for writernim and pdnim there :lol:. So nice I'm reposting it

 

oAt5VGi.jpg&key=add21e97082d4ca3dab73ea8

VxEAx3K.gif

 

I imagine it might be confusing for the cast to act in TLE..especially SSR. Imagine being creepy, cray2 in one scene and then clumsy in another. If viewers feel confused, i suppose the cast is even more confused. Hahahahaha

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, cenching said:

May I know what Sunny says at the end of the preview that cause Hyuk turns his head?? Thanks.....:)

SD: We are  out of instant coffee 

 

I am only joking of course but I imagine that would be his real action since he is a clown.

  • LOL 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, cenching said:

May I know what Sunny says at the end of the preview that cause Hyuk turns his head?? Thanks.....:)

 

I think she says "Congratulation"?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...