Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Here's the finale preview....we need translations lol!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kasmic said:

Here's the finale preview....we need translations lol

Thank you! I can't believe TLE is ending tomorrow!

It feels bittersweet. I am not ready to part with cray2 Hyuk. I thought I was last week. But obviously I'm not.

Hyuk's voice sounds solemn. Even Sunny looks solemn. I think I have to prepare tissues for tomorrow, I have a feeling I will cry. Haha

But that bandage guy though. If that is NWS, this team has upped its game. Creative. Lol. This somewhat reminds me of George in Grey's Anatomy, but i hope NWS does not face the same fate as George.

Spoiler

Unfortunately George died. Imo, this was one of the saddest moment ever in GA history

16 minutes ago, laivla said:

Yeahh.. I'm worried about this ,  if Lee Hyuk still not admit if he done wrong all the time, and deny get punishment, this will make Open Ending for sure..

This actually reminds me of the ending of Liar Game. Ahahaha. Clip in tab below.

Spoiler

Jump to min 1

Liar game ending is kinda open ended~ now where is Liar game season 2? Lol

• Like 2

Or maybe NWS is the one whose on that bondage body, then suddenly (as days, months or years pass by) he will return to his original built.. :D

I just don't want him to die that easy.. :angry:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

:lol: Well, that’s certainly a way to bring NWS back into the picture.

The end is going to be bitter-sweet for me. I started watching this drama because I am obsessed with royalty and political intrigue; but I stayed for the wonderful actors and crazy plot twists. Don’t want it to end, but it’s been a good show nonetheless. 

Edit: Also, I’m not fluent in Korean; however, from what I grasp, LH is leaving it all up to Sunny. I think she’s going to end the monarchy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

that’s a relief..  coz the story started with NWS as the key character so i kinda disappointed the way he was beaten endlessly and now dead due to bomb explosion..   if i was the writer, i will make NWS elope with crazy princess and live happily ever after as a rich guy, maybe go on cruise to ibiza... and hv a good life after all the misery -_- it may sounds crazy but the whole drama is crazy right :sweatingbullets:

Lol! Fret not. We are speculating the bandage guy in the preview is NWS. Maybe he'll return to his original size or change his face once again with plastic surgery. The main point is: we speculate he is still alive hohoho

And i like your alternative option for NWS. It could have totally go that route. Sojin was very smitten with NWS. 

Okay. About the preview.

Why is this happening again?

Mw8Lj3.gif

QnWP1Y.gif

:joy: it was so creepy before, will it be creepy tomorrow? 

• LOL 3

The shaving scene looks like bad news......:skull:  In HK gangsters dramas/movies there was always this kind of scene where the person who got shaved didn't survive to tell the tale while the one who did the shaving walked out into the sunset with a bloody razor.....:skull: While the BM playing and the end credits appeared.....:skull:

• LOL 4

Oh lord WS going to have plastic surgery to his face and look completely different isn't he????  :scream:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

How about make Lee Hyuk die and NWS have plastic surgery and his face change to Lee Hyuk... :joy:

• LOL 8

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

:joy: He is shy now

The only things made me laugh hard today..Thanks you two.. :lol:

Still laughing...:joy:

2 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

NWS is injured again~ surprise surprise

aigoo just kill the poor man~~

finally~ he's dead.. tsk tsk

1 minute ago, laivla said:

How about make Lee Hyuk die and NWS have plastic surgery and his face change to Lee Hyuk... :joy:

Edit: This is the third one :lol: I like the idea..more creative than what's going on in the drama. :P

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Happy to see bandage guy - I have a good imagination, even if the bandages stay intact the whole episode, I can pretend the CJH is hiding underneath and he and SN can walk off into the sunset.

• LOL 9

On 2/20/2019 at 10:09 PM, Matilda_Anne said:

do you guys really think the reason why CJH wont be in the extension is due to scheduling conflict?

i dunno the whole thing seems salty to me~ the way they end him :confused:

First thing i watching kdrama must know how many the episodes n when the end...TLE had 48 epi n the end on 7 feb...after that TLE postpone on 16 jan (special episode) and 6 feb...so TLE the end on 14 feb...But this drama extended 4 episodes and the end on 21 feb...if CJH join extended 4 episodes TLE i think CJH had a bit time for the rest...i see schedules event FM at Taiwan and have a rehearsal audience..fans buy a ticket for the FM ...before that CJH need to preparation as practise singing, stamina and other...it just my sense...if wrong i'm so sorry...:wub:

• Like 3

Okay so I had to drop this one because of CJH not being in the finale. Here I was rooting for Sunny and WS to end up together and he's not going to be there in the end... I just don't understand, why be so greedy to extend the episodes when they knew his schedule? So what exactly did they do with his character in his last episode? Who is the bandaged guy? WS?

I will say the cast did a phenomenal job but the writing of this... it just felt like they keep adding to it to keep the plot going.

• Like 5

Preview ep 51-52 translation. Credits to dramamilk

Hyuk – If something happens to me, the Emperor of the country, and I cannot function as the Emperor anymore, all the power goes to Suni.

SN – I told you everything about the last footage of Emperor Hyuk

:tears: i dunno what to expect. Either he died or he is now disabled. Or something else. I'll still prepare tissues for the finale. Huhuhu

And a recap is available on dramamilk~

https://www.dramamilk.com/the-last-empress-episode-49-and-50-live-recap/

Based on what I saw on my choppy livestream and the recaps by dramamilk, i like this episode. I expected a draggy episode after Granny's suicide and I'm glad I was wrong. There are some shortcoming, but overall the episode was okay. I was kinda right about the preview for ep 49-50 before, it is the beginning of Hyuk's downfall. Sunny wont do anything with him without reason. Lol

Mama is pure evil. Evil to the core. How could she plot all sorts of stuff on her own sons. Mama needs to be punished hardest. Maybe the worst punishment for her is to really lose her son on top of everything else. Huhu

Yura has been thorougly redeemed though. Thoroughly. I still want her to be punished for what she did to NWS's mum. But i supppose her involvement is overlooked for now or maybe ever. Huhu

42 minutes ago, scarletlover1 said:

Okay so I had to drop this one because of CJH not being in the finale. Here I was rooting for Sunny and WS to end up together and he's not going to be there in the end... I just don't understand, why be so greedy to extend the episodes when they knew his schedule? So what exactly did they do with his character in his last episode? Who is the bandaged guy? WS?

I will say the cast did a phenomenal job but the writing of this... it just felt like they keep adding to it to keep the plot going.

The character is still alive. And plays a huge part in ep 50 narrative. Maybe If CJH was able to film there wouldnt even be a bandage man. Maybe...but we will never know. 

• Like 5

That was very bad of LH to rip those stars.

The same would be if they were put there by LH,

and ripped by WS.

Sunny is the only one who can remove them.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Kasmic said:

@stroppyse please translate what Hyuk said

LH: I wish that I would never wake up from this moment. Oh Sseo Ni.

So, he's expressing his desire to be in that moment forever, and then he says her name.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

So Lee Hyuk lock Sunny is really to make her save from his mother, if Sunny not coming, maybe the incident never happen, but.... 

His personality is coward, he's not change at all, he don't dare to reveal the truth... admit his wrong doing... 

I think Lee Hyuk already predict the bad condition in the future, so he wish to left all authority to Sunny. Even Sunny said to "her" about Lee Hyuk last moment. And I think Lee Hyuk is die saving Sunny.. the last bomb when he carry Sunny in front of the door, maybe make he in a bad injuries in his back.

When he said he'll jump to the fire several eps ago, is this really happen? When Lee Hyuk wish the time stand still is sign of his die. 

Hope no more plot twist.. 

Make Lee Hyuk fake his death.. and change his face... :joy:

• Like 3

I just feel nothing over LH majority of the drama he has been a terrible person so yeah   :sleeping:

• Like 5

41 minutes ago, laivla said:

So Lee Hyuk lock Sunny is really to make her save from his mother, if Sunny not coming, maybe the incident never happen, but.... 

His personality is coward, he's not change at all, he don't dare to reveal the truth... admit his wrong doing... 

I think Lee Hyuk already predict the bad condition in the future, so he wish to left all authority to Sunny. Even Sunny said to "her" about Lee Hyuk last moment. And I think Lee Hyuk is die saving Sunny.. the last bomb when he carry Sunny in front of the door, maybe make he in a bad injuries in his back.

When he said he'll jump to the fire several eps ago, is this really happen? When Lee Hyuk wish the time stand still is sign of his die. 

Hope no more plot twist.. 

Make Lee Hyuk fake his death.. and change his face... :joy:

Wow. You have great attention to detail. I forgot that he said he will jump into a fire several eps ago. But I do remember this because i giffed it :

86PJ62.gif

(usally these are words from a character that will die in the end or near end)

I think he dies from the blast too. And the footage in the preview is a flashback. Its an anticlimatic end for Hyuk but at least its an end. He is already publicly shamed/ousted for all his wrongdoings. What left is for him to be alive and jailed or he dies. Alive or dead he won't be remembered as the well respected emperor Hyuk (this is his actual character description from wiki) after Sunny's reveal. He could also be disabled, but then someone needs to take care of him, so i dont really expect it to go this route. :sweatingbullets:

Anyways..i wrote not to have lots of expectation when watching a drama but here i am making assunptions about what i expect may happen in the final ep. Lol

Spoiler

Hyuk character description from wiki

Emperor Lee Hyuk– emperor of the Korean Empire. A powerful ruler who is well-respected by the people. He is talented and eloquent, but beneath his pleasant appearance lies an ugly personality. 

After ep 50, he wont be remembered as a well respected ruler anymore. Nor will people find his appearance pleasant. This is what i think. Hoho

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Insightful 1

Soompi said TLE still clinched 1st in viewer's rating despite CJH's departure. Truth is the rate drop. Just that Liver or Die's rate dropped more 

i have nothing against SSR. I think he is a brilliant actor and i respect him a lot for that.

but i totally dislike LH's character no matter how pitiful the show portray him.

saying things like "you dare to try kill the emperor over a mere woman", actions such as walking away after choking your pregnant wife & pushing her into the water, choking/imprisoning your new wife, etc... a pitiful childhood doesn't justify these actions.

while i like watching kissing scenes in dramas between 2 individuals in love, ALL the kissing between LH & SN are wrong. 

in each scenario, one party is absolutely not in love with the other. When SN was fangirling & kissing LH, LH felt disgusted by her very presence. When the situation is switched, LH desperately wanted to possess SN while SN was totally out of love with him and had revenge in mind. So yah, personally totally put off by those kisses.

• Like 5