Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

54 minutes ago, sonequeen01 said:

Exactly. Imagine if it was SSR instead who couldn't film. There would have been no extension and she would have rushed everything this week just to give him closure.

It's unfortunate that CJH can't continue filming. But I'm starting to feel bad for SSR too.

If Bin is underutilized, Hyuk is stretched beyond recognition, beyond belief. Its neither of the actors fault the writing turned out this way.

Hyuk might have a lot of screen time, but his character is very unstable and swings abruptly. The writer should decide what she wants Hyuk to be. He was choking sunny and then he is saying don't do anything, don't die like sohyun. I'm so so so so confused. I know he is crazy and seeing it multiple times is making me crazy too. 

I have no idea where the writer is going with Hyuk as much as i don't know how the writer is going to wrap up Bin's story.

I really don't want any bad feelings behind the scenes. And i also hope viewer speculations does not effect the cast.

After finishing ep 48 with subs, I think 4 episodes is quite long for an extension. They now have a suicide letter, and GED also provide evidence of the imperial famliy wrong doings. I expect the next 4 episodes to be draggy. I hope you can prove me wrong drama. Huhuhu

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

This opinion from the random fan of the drama, Not the fan of any actors or actresses in this drama.

I never one thought that Na Wang Shi is the 1st male leader. The name of the drama  is the last empress. It is understandable that the emperor is the 1st male lead. As a married woman and growing in multiracialnal family, I never once feel or think that Na Wang Shi and the Empress has the chemistry (don’t kill me). It is understandable thought. You cannot change someone heart, especially the one minded like Sunny who was in love madly with the Emperour for all these years. 

Another part is that Na Wang Shi has only 3 months to live. The last two episode might be about the first two episodes of Na Wang Shi( if he not die). I don’t mean to make fun of the overweight people. Please don’t forget how Na Wang shi was like before. If no revenge, the emperor dies or be punished, no point of stay in shape, eat a lot and turn to be the old Na Wang Shi. ;) 

Some people got upset because CJH won’t be in the last two episodes because he had a schedule conflict. I am sure that you are mad because you want to see CJH or the character Na Wang Shi and the story of the drama. 

For me, I watch the drama, not much of the name of the actors or actresses. I admit that all actors and actresses in this drama are super cool and good. They portray their characters so well. 

Cheer up! To the end “the last empress”

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I think Sunny live in danger once again. When she get the position, and also know about ED secret about the island. Absolutely, ED will attack Sunny. Lee Hyuk destroy the evidence and try to stop Sunny, because he want to protect her from ED.

At least, he want to reveal the truth behind SH death case. SKH witness to take down the Emperor just like boomerang in the end, because this cause Lee Hyuk realize something and finally wanna investigate the truth behind SH death case. Lee Yoon also being calm toward Lee Hyuk, because maybe he realize if he is misunderstand to Lee Hyuk all the time. So he working together with Lee Hyuk, to catch Seo Kang Hee. 

• Like 4

So i rewatched ep 3-4 to refresh my memory of what actually happened immediately after NWS's mum's accident.

This is what i found out: NWS's mum was immediately discovered after the accident and he went to identify her at the hospital. But i'm missing why was her body found under the bridge later in ep 20++? Huhuhu

I also end up learning why Hyuk was so infatuated with Yura. Yura made a recording saying she was the one that hit the lady and she will take responsibility (like a suicide note), she used it to manipulate Hyuk into coming to her rescue or she was just trying to test Hyuk's loyalty (?). In Hyuk's mind, Yura sacrificed her life for him, so in return he says he will protect her whatever may come. Hyuk is still wrong. But now i see a bit clearer of what on earth happened. The most glaring problem with Hyuk in ep 3-4, other than his bad ways of thinking is that he has little to no effort to get his point across. He wanted to marry YR, but in comes Sunny when he was introducing YR to GED. Naturally ED says Sunny is Hyuk's girlfriend. Hyuk is shocked. But he does not dispute. He should have said she is not. But he didnt. He just lets it pass.

Hyuk had lots of opportunity from the early eps to right the wrong or attempt to make it right. He didnt and now he is a spiralling huge mess.

And then this scene happened..dang this scene was weird and creppyyyy. Hyuk seems to be submissive, look at him clenching his hand. This is one of the most if not the most creppy son-mum moment i have ever watched in a kdrama :sweatingbullets:

Mw8Lj3.gif

QnWP1Y.gif

ZY62V6.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

As I thought the drama was dying down... It became good good. It turned INSANE. So now we know that Grandmother didn't get killed by anyone, she committed suicide (although LH and ED had a part to do with it.) Sunny is going to try even harder to push against LH and ED and take down the Royal family in this case then.

I'm glad to know that the drama extended by 4 episodes, but the last scenes of NWS didn't give me much of a closure? I'm not sure if anyone felt the same on that. I don't mind that CJH isn't appearing because of his scheduling conflict, but the character's life and death... There's no closure there for me to determine anything. What am I suppose to think about NWS then?

I think SSR playing LH has a large part in me being very love-hate on the Emperor. He's a superb actor in this and showed amazing chemistry with JNR! I think the reason why Hyuk is telling Sunny to stay quiet and do nothing is (well he said it too) to prevent her death because he knows that So-hyun's death was because of his mother, and So-hyun digging up secrets about Chungeum Island. At the same time, Hyuk is an absolute psycho who wants to protect Sunny yet doesn't want her to dispose him. I really hope that there's a good ending for the two individuals, not necessarily romance but perhaps some time of reconciliation, if any is possible. I personally really liked that scene where he was frantically running around the palace looking for Sunny after he sees her walking off with NWS. I like to think that that was the epiphany point in which he realizes her importance, more or less. My favorite was the "I don't mind even if you hate me. Just stay by my side." I thought that was super sad. The tearjerker was obviously Sunny reading out Grandmother's letter, but that's besides the point.

I really like that Hyuk didn't give a HUGE reaction seeing Yoon alive and well. They just walked into SKH's room and shot the cellphone out her hand- CRAZY but cool! I hope that this means a renewed brotherhood-cooperation-team here to take down evil SKH! She deserves the worst ending along with the ED! Can't wait to see what surprises TLE brings next week! So excited already!

EDIT: can I just quickly say that I really liked SSR's singing too? from like episode 6 or 7? I know he's a theatrical actor as well so the great singing is a given... Is it bad I want SSR and JNR to jam out?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Prueksachittham said:

Some people got upset because CJH won’t be in the last two episodes because he had a schedule conflict. I am sure that you are mad because you want to see CJH or the character Na Wang Shi and the story of the drama. 

For me, I watch the drama, not much of the name of the actors or actresses. I admit that all actors and actresses in this drama are super cool and good. They portray their characters so well

Cheer up! To the end “the last empress

I think I would be displeased if same thing happened to Shin Eun Kyung who plays Empress Dowager. Because she's one of the important character. If she was gone just like how CJH appearance ended, drama would definitely loose a part of it in my opinion. Because I'm a devoted TLE viewer.

It's not just Choi Jin Hyuk fans who're upset about this mess. Drama fans are dumbfounded by this news too.

So it's not just about CJH thinking he's the male lead. Even if you don't recognize NWS as male lead, his story is the base of why this all started. His mother got killed, Sunny became the alibi..NWS and OS wanted revenge. That's how this story started.

Any particular actor fans are drama fans too.. most of us are primarily a drama fan then we found our own favourite actors/actresses. If you say that you're basically a drama fan and see no problem in sudden major character gone without a proper conclusion it doesn't make sense to me. A drama fan would definitely like the drama to be able to tie it's loose thread to entertain us properly.

Yes, all the actors did super cool acting in TLE..The trio, Shin Eun Kyung , Lee Elijah, Eun So Yi even the child actors. All of them worked so hard for four long months but now such sudden change in the drama wouldn't be favourable. The drama production will definitely be criticized and the actors hard work as a whole may not going to get their deserved praise without restriction. As a drama fan I'm sad for that.

17 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

If Bin is underutilized, Hyuk is stretched beyond recognition, beyond belief. Its neither of the actors fault the writing turned out this way.

Hyuk might have a lot of screen time, but his character is very unstable and swings abruptly. The writer should decide what she wants Hyuk to be. He was choking sunny and then he is saying don't do anything, don't die like sohyun. I'm so so so so confused. I know he is crazy and seeing it multiple times is making me crazy too. 

I have no idea where the writer is going with Hyuk as much as i don't know how the writer is going to wrap up Bin's story.

My sentiments exactly. In last episode, one moment Lee Hyuk chokes Sunny the next moment he cries for her. One moment he burns Sunny's evidence, next moment he works with Lee Yoon. It's time they pick a side and make him stable in one character. I was planning to talk about this but this happened.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Matilda_Anne said:

lol was lee hyuk’s aunt the housekeeper who likes to eat honey powder in terius @triplem @ktcjdrama ? i thought she seems familiar.. 

Yes, she is the one.

She also acted as CHJ's cold and mean aunt in his previous drama Devilish Joy.

• LOL 3

Awww..these two.. Gave such amazing performance for The Last Empress! Wish more great dramas for them ahead..:)

DzgOt6pUwAAVpKc?format=jpg&name=large

DzfcnNhVAAAK-Nh?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Like 3
  • Love 7

13 minutes ago, flutterby06 said:

Awww..these two.. Gave such amazing performance for The Last Empress! Wish more great dramas for them ahead..:)

All the best to these 2 young actors. To more exciting projects for them!

Anyways, i stumbled upon Dongshik's IG amd found out he has a lot of dramas under his belt. He is currently in TLE and Trap. He was also in Life on Mars, Live, Grand Prince, Are You Human Too, Two Cops and Suspicious Partner. Awesome list of dramas he has at such a young age~

ROYELR.gif

• Like 8

Hope there's no plot twist in the end of the drama.

Bad ending that I can't imagine... 

1. Sunny killed (she is main target of ED, she make LH crazy like her and A Ri also like her so she became legal proxy of her, this also can make Lee Hyuk back to ED because Lee Hyuk will be down again)

2. A Ri killed (ED ever treaten Kang Hee to kill A Ri, ED don't wanna Sunny became legal proxy of A Ri, so if A Ri die, she can't became legal proxy, the highest rank in the palace)

3. Lee Hyuk back became bad again after got punishment, he want revenge to Sunny (afraid of his unstable mentality):open_mouth:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

This is what i found out: NWS's mum was immediately discovered after the accident and he went to identify her at the hospital. But i'm missing why was her body found under the bridge later in ep 20++? Huhuhu

the body got stolen by yura and ma pil joo in order to hide evidence... so thats why he couldn't kill yura when he first met her and was trying to find out where the body was in order to give a proper burial..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, flutterby06 said:

My sentiments exactly. In last episode, one moment Lee Hyuk chokes Sunny the next moment he cries for her. One moment he burns Sunny's evidence, next moment he works with Lee Yoon. It's time they pick a side and make him stable in one character. I was planning to talk about this but this happened.

The same thing with MYR she has never cared about DS and numerous times has put him in danger, She has never been concerned about him she even told NWS to abandon him but all of a sudden she is sad and crying about DS....? Its like they are still trying to figure out which direction to take the characters.. 

• Like 2

I think the only constant villain is nanny. She is continuously evil and she doesn't mess around with her plans to make Ari the crown princess

ED is continuously evil but she does have her comic moments.

Yura is now showing signs of redemption.

Hyuk on the other hand is just giving viewers whiplash :sweatingbullets:.  He swings abruptly from one end to another. Imo, he is now an unexplainable character. Hua3. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

I think the only constant villain is nanny. She is continuously evil and she doesn't mess around with her plans to make Ari the crown princess

:angry: I wanted to smack her so hard when she was forcefully shaking and dragging Ari around!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

:angry: I wanted to smack her so hard when she was forcefully shaking and dragging Ari around!

You are not alone! I want to smack her when she was dragging Ari, even more when she said you are my creation! My creation to change my life! Omg! Self centered much?! You evil evil evil woman! Hmph.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

SEO KANG HEE... she wanna be a climber.

I think at first she got jealous toward So Hyun, she is her best friend, but I think it's a bit weirdos when she copy So Hyun.

She jealous why SH get everything, and she got nothing, till the end, she just became assistance of SH, and SH live happily with imperial family, wealth, and also a nice husband. She wanna take everything from her for long time before she kill SH, that's why she maybe that take SH pict (a bit unsure, but i remember she said something familiar when she saw Sunny and Woo Bin together), and she also get pregnant from LH. How dare she betray her best friend!! 

A lot of story why a good friend betray the other, and the most of this because of jealousy for another live. 

We know if KJS and SH friend from little kid. But, when they know SKH? 

Where's SKH family? 

Hope she don't do this for revenge toward imperial family... Why she said if interesting knowing Yu Ra back to the palace because KJS? She also hate ED so much. How if her family die because of imperial family sins? And So Hyun that have pure heart take care of her as a best friend. But if she wanna revenge to imperial family, why she must kill So Hyun, her best friend? But knowing SKH heart, maybe she just don't believe about best friend relationship... 

• Like 2

Just finished watching this week's episodes. I have a new theory about the NWS/SN ending - they'll use alternate footage of the LH dream sequence - and walk hand in hand out of the palace with their wheelie totes.

Even if this isn't how things go, that's how I'm going to pretend it does.

• Like 4