Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Omona!!!!! Royal Hotness!!!! SSR new IG post with Hyuk's pocket watch and ring.

His caption (google trans)

Elegance of the Empress is nearing the final broadcast Thank you for your patience. I also took pictures with props that I have always been with!

• Like 5

So if the not so secret spoiler posted earlier is true of LH’s impending fate , does this mean Sunny  ends up with no one ? Lol! What a show,  but I think the best sort of closure  will be for me to see the ED self destruct in some way. 

Honestly gave up on WS -Sunny romance about 6 or 7 episodes (hours) ago  , and was never on board the very warped LH -Sunny love line the writer shoved in our face time & again. Honestly ,  i felt the writer caving in to audience demand in this respect. But then again , this drama was crazy makjang from the get go , so I will not be surprised for it to end as “spectacularly”  as it had started . 

The story is bizarre ( and likely because I rarely watch such genres ) but it did have a solid cast . Impressive performance by the ever dependable Jang Nara & immense talent in the young actress playing Ari. Found SSR very charasmatic & funny as well  . Have to be honest that I  felt disappointed with CJH’s screen time & the way it is likely to end for his character here  . I started this drama & had hung on for him . 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 7

42 minutes ago, triplem said:

Honestly gave up on WS -Sunny romance about 6 or 7 episodes (hours) ago  , and was never on board the very warped LH -Sunny love line the writer shoved in our face time & again. Honestly ,  i felt the writer caving in to audience demand in this respect. But then again , this drama was crazy makjang from the get go , so I will not be surprised for it to end as “spectacularly”  as it had started . 

The story is bizarre ( and likely because I rarely watch such genres ) but it did have a solid cast . Impressive performance by the ever dependable Jang Nara & immense talent in the young actress playing Ari. Found SSR very charasmatic & funny as well  . Have to be honest that I  felt disappointed with CJH’s screen time & the way it is likely to end for his character here  . I started this drama & had hung on for him . 

@triplem, this drama is tagged as Fantasy, Suspense, Romance.  I actually think it should have been tagged as Comedy.  Although it stared as more melodrama/suspense/romance, it's just comedy to me now.  I don't know what to make of it. The fantasy tag must be in the fact that people once thought dead are not really dead. I'm surprised that the "crown" princess didn't come back to life. The whole royal family seems like a joke. I have to say that I think most of these actors should do more comedy because I find the comedic aspect of the drama funny.  

The actress who is stealing the show, hands down to me is Oh Ah Rin  as little Ar Ri. I was so impressed with her acting, especially in ep 48 when she was talking to her crazy mother who had pushed her to the floor. I kept thinking this little girl is a superb actress because she stay focused the whole time.

In regards to the romance aspect.................:huh:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, triplem said:

So if the not so secret spoiler posted earlier is true of LH’s impending fate , does this mean Sunny  ends up with no one ? Lol! What a show,  but I think the best sort of closure  will be for me to see the ED self destruct in some way. 

Most probably Sunny won't end up with anyone. And be the Empress Dowager(?) until Ari is big enough to be on the throne? Hoho

Mama can combust or be a victim of her own explosion. But I'm hoping for a more substantial end for Mama. Prisoned and stripped of all her titles or something more.

The story is cray2 to say the least. I'm not familiar with makjang too, the last one I recall watching was Baker King. But somehow I just allow myself to follow the ridiculousness of TLE. It is a good thing I had no initial expectations of what the drama could be. I was not even aware of the whole cast :sweatingbullets:. I started to watch due to word of mouth and Jang Nara is in it, so why not? Lol.

What happened to the development of NWS's character is something I feel was kinda expected as they delve more in the cray2 imperial family stuff esp granny's mystery death. And along the way, unfortunately CJH had less screentime. CJH acted the stoic Woobin to a tee. He stood his ground in a sea of cray2 over the top characters and still stood out. I hope something like this does not repeat, it is disheartening to fans but mostly i expect it is more disheartening to the actor. 

I suppose the lesson I learnt from this experience with TLE, is to have low expectations. Low expectations equal less hurt if it goes awry. But it is easier said than done. Huhuhu

• Like 4
  • Love 1

For me the only mystery in this drama is, why this actor CJH

didnt leave the show earlier.

• LOL 7

Lucky Lee Hyuk that has A Ri.. 

Can you imagine if he has no child? Sunny never going out with Lee Hyuk. No sweet moment between LH - Sunny again. They must act nice in front of their children. Since Sunny so care about A Ri, maybe she won't make A Ri disappointed. She wish that A Ri grow to be great and nice person, Sunny must be understand to act. 

Lee Hyuk, when he ask Sunny , is he must not work? It means if Sunny is the highest rank in the palace, who can decide. Is Lee Hyuk still suspended?

Who is Taehu? That not wanna work with ED anymore. Am I forget someone, or misinterpretation of preview? 

Why I'm really afraid if....

Lee Hyuk back to the dark... 

Still when he talk to Sunny... Ask for his work... 

And Sunny still have a plan to make Lee Hyuk down.. Is his mentality ready to that??

I don't know if Lee Hyuk save Sunny's life, and sacrifice himself, is this make Sunny forgive him? Is she forgive Min Yu Ra, how she punish her, after what she done in the past? 

If he is really not back to the evil, it maybe SSR said is right he'll be real emperor. If he real emperor, he must confess all his wrong doing in the past and accept punishment. 

But if Lee Hyuk back to dark side, maybe he get punishment from Sunny, and he deny it, he can't accept what happen, his unstable personality appear. . it's OPEN ENDING in the END. 

• Like 2

The spoiler that @annchoi posted earlier with eng subs 

Spoiler

BTS making vid

Tempers Flare And Plans Are Put Into Motion As “The Last Empress” Nears Its End

Things are heating up as SBS’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “The Last Empress” nears its end.

The drama has released two sets of stills that show the characters reaching their breaking points as the drama comes to a close. The first stills show Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) and Lee Hyuk (Shin Sung Rok) attending an event to celebrate the 10th anniversary since the emperor rose to the throne. She follows him on to the stage and once she stands in front of the microphone, Oh Sunny looks resolute while Lee Hyuk has fear in his eyes.

The production staff stated, “Oh Sunny has been running non-stop to enact her revenge of dismantling the royal family. This will be an important scene where her efforts come to fruition. Please keep watching to see what will happen to Oh Sunny and Lee Hyuk, and whether Oh Sunny will be able to successfully pull off her revenge.”

Spoiler

Jang-Nara-Shin-Sung-Rok.jpg

Jang Nara and Shin Sung Rok aren’t the only two to get heated as Shin Eun Kyung and Yoon So Yi get into a fight. The two are set to engage in a fierce fight of rage, grabbing each other by the color and hair as they fight it out. Their eyes are filled with a burning rage that could do serious damage if looks could kill, and they’re holding nothing back as all of their time fighting to gain more power finally boils over.

The production staff stated, “Though the scene itself was intense, once cameras stopped rolling, the two actresses looked each other over to make sure they were okay. They threw everything into the scene and we want to applaud them for their dedication.”

Yoon-So-Yi-Shim-Eun-Kyung.jpg

With so many emotions buzzing in the air, “The Last Empress” has just four episodes left till it reaches its grand finale. The result of these tense situations will be shown in the upcoming episode, which will air on February 20 at 10 p.m. KST.

cr. Soompi

SSR IG update with the last script book

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is SSR planning to spam his IG with more pics? Not complaining though. His skin looks amazing by the way :lol:

His caption (google trans)

Set last shot 2

Does this mean they are still filming for tomorrows ep? Omg! If so, everyone involved needs lots of rest after TLE ends. Thats all I can think of.

@Kasmic lol. We posted the same thing :lol:. And thanks for the spoiler with subs. Hehe. Omo! Ari at the end of the spoiler clip is so cute!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

For me the only mystery in this drama is, why this actor CJH

didnt leave the show earlier.

May be.. because he wanted to fulfill his commitment as per contract?

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I suppose the lesson I learnt from this experience with TLE, is to have low expectations. Low expectations equal less hurt if it goes awry. But it is easier said than done. Huhuhu

yeah..and be extra careful while picking ongoing makjang. :crazy:

6 hours ago, xprosperity said:

Moreover, I hope that people won't bash them for what the writer(s) have/had done with the script!

The good thing about all these ship war is none is bashing the casts..The resentment is only towards character, writer and production which is what it should be.

It's undeniable that most of the casts be it main or supporting cast are doing absolutely fantastic. 

I myself started this drama solely for the four main casts (Jung Nara, Choi Jin Hyuk, Shin Sung Rok, Lee Elijah). I've watched enough of the casts previous dramas that I knew I could depend on them. It's just very disappointing that such a mess happened in such a project where casts are working very hard.

SBS released this news on Lee Elijah's character Min Yura which is focusing on the ups and down of her.

IMO, If anyone from the main bad guys have received some form of punishment yet that would be Min Yura (I'm not saying she has paid her due for her bad deeds by that..because she never repented truly for her crime.. but you can't deny what she went through in that hospital cum jail was beyond horrible).  She survived through the horrible torture of mental hospital. But rather than repenting, she went mad for revenge! Against who exactly? Na Wang Shik! If she should have gone after anyone at all that should've been Lee Hyuk..A sane person would've run away from this mess but none here sane right now..so..

30000623439_700.jpg

Now that she's working with Sunny after finding out the truth of Kang Ju Seung, it is actually understandable. I thought she should've been acted smartly way before..But well she was too greedy to move forward at that time.

The news leaves a question "So what is the ending of Min Yura that Elijah portrays?"

Source: https://programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/article/56870/E10009395975

What do you guys think can a new twist regarding Min Yura surprise us anymore?

(I think it won't be that shocking..after the bland secret of Grand ED's death, no twist seems that shocking anymore)

• Like 3

Mr Pyo, who is he? 

Why Min Yu Ra is so mad toward him?

Min Yu Ra's family killer? 

Or.... 

Min Yu Ra's father that left her with her mother and even maybe killed her mother, 

• Like 1

This BTS focused on Ari~ she is such a good actress :blush: 

And I'm happy seeing the cast laughing and having fun :lol:

• Like 3

Live recap

Spoiler

Yoon and LH in Nanny's room. Nanny knelt before LH and said that she did so because it was ordered by ED. LH didn't want to believe her. Yoon went to ED's room "why are you shocked to see me alive?" Then LH came in dragging Nanny.

Both wicked ladies were trying to deny what is accused of them. Until LH played a recording by KJS.

ED sighed and started explaning why did so. LH started to tear up and asked her to give up (on something). ED mocked him. LH is shaken. Yoon looked stunned.

LH walked into his office, Yoon followed, and asked him something. I think it's about the Imperial family going down.

ED slapped Nanny. Nanny pushed her back and said she will announce that ED was the one who asked her to kill Yoon. They argued, and Nanny said something that left ED speechless.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Sunny showed GED's letter to the aunt of LH, she is tearing up and asked her to do something about LH.

Family meeting. Aunt asked LH to resume the responsibility while waiting for Ari (I think). She also said she is going back to US so cannot join the celebration of 10 year anniv of LH.

Then Sunny showed GED's will. ED strongly objected. Sunny called her out on her greed for money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

ED went to her room and screamed at the top of her lungs. She asked Choi to find someone, and she said couldn't find the person.  Choi said something that got her being thrown something by the ED. Next scene was ED having her personal spa treatment again. But the focus on the vial to be injected on her tells me something will go wrong. Sorry my stream skipped.

Chicken shop. Dad is feeding DS and his friends some fried chicken. Hello was there and mentioned about Yoon. Dad is finally approving their relationship.

Hello waited for Yoon at the mall, and they have their date. They talked about a certain place at the mall. Then Hello took out a ring and put it on Yoon. They declared their love for each other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Sunny went into the Untouchable Nanny's room. She is telling her some stuff, then my stream skipped, next thing is Sunny having some ladies capturing Nanny away. Nanny struggled out and grabbed Sunny's collar. Ari came in, and ordered her to follow the Empress instruction. Nanny knelt down and started to beg Ari that she is the mother, stuff like that. Sunny signaled to the ladies to take Nanny away. She then comforted Ari, and told her that she would do anything for her. Ari said, really? anything? And it turns out that Ari is asking for an outing together with LH. The moment LH heard that Sunny is coming along, he agreed immediately. Happy family time (??) Ari is playing the cupid here. Sunny fed her, and she asked Sunny to feed LH... Sunny did so reluctantly and almost choked LH when stuffing the food into his mouth. LH asked Ari what does she want to do next. It's the haunted house. LH looked afraid. Sunny told him to just wait outside then. LH put on a brave pretense but he was the one who screamed the loudest whereas Sunny was just all cool and annoyed about him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

Stream skipped a bit. Next is the photo booth. As in preview. Nothing else happened after the accidental kiss.

Otw home in the car, Ari fell asleep, Sunny took her in an embrace. LH fell asleep on her shoulder as well. She tried to jerk him up and away, twice, but he didn't move. He pretended sleeping actually, and said to himself, how nice it is.

Nanny in the cell, screaming for the Empress to let her out. A maid came by and told her something that got her shocked.

The new bad guy updating ED that Sunny and MYR was caught in CCTV at the island. ED is shocked.

Secret headquarter, Byun, Yoon and Sunny discussing something. Oh no, there is a mole in the secret headquarter... OMG!!! He recorded what Sunny said, and that got into ED's hand and she is showing it to LH.... LH told her that don't worry about Sunny, he will take care of the matter. He walked out with ED calling his name, ED not convinced so she called for the new bad guy and gave him some instructions, to take down LH as well as Sunny. There is a mention of NWS's name. Then a tear came down her cheek.... ?? what is she being sad about?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

The guy went out of ED's room, MYR saw him and purposely bumped into him while dropping some oranges on the floor. She apologized and he helped to pick up the oranges but touching her hand deliberately and saying she is pretty. MYR held her anger in. She followed him with a crow bar and about to strike him. She got held back by Sunny though. Sunny asked her what she was thinking trying to kill that guy her in the palace. MYR screamed that he ruined her life. Flashback to MYR in younger day, waiting for KJS in their apartment. That guy came in with a bunch of guys and ransacked the place. He informed her that no need to wait for KJS coz he is not coming back ever. He then raped her. and we're also shown KJS being hit by a car driven by Choi.

Back to present, MYR continued to shout out her hatred for that guy for destroying the life of her family. Sunny said something to challenge her.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Spoiler

LH looking at the family pic from photo booth that is put in his wallet. He asked for his secretary to find NWS. Sec said couldn't find him, I think? or that NWS was in Empress room? Then LH went there angrily and pulled down the stars that NWS put up for Sunny.

LH waited for Sunny in the courtyard, Sunny walked by and LH asked her whether he really doesn't make the cut? That no forgiveness? Sunny confirmed those, and then LH called for the guards to take her away.

Next scene is the new bad guy in a car with another driver, chasing a car supposedly with NWS inside, I think. He started shooting the car, and that car swerved into a street that is full of people shooting at the car as well. The car crashed into something big. And that is the death of NWS, people............ *roll eyes --- edited, he is just injured it seems.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

Live recap ep 49 and 50

Spoiler

disclaimer: as usual, recap of actions, not much of words. I don't understand korean all that much. Proceed with caution and expect errors hua3

Rewind to Hyuk-Yoon with Nanny

She says its all Mama's doing. This is some important stuff. 

Yoon goes to visit Mama. Mama is surprised to see him.

Hyuk drags nanny in Mama's room too. And they all talk about Yoon's attack. 

Some serious talking going on. About Sohyun too.

Wow. There is another recording,  i think its KJS.

Fight Nanny and ED! Fight! 

Mama says some important stuff. Hyuk is stunned. Even Yoon is silent. What did she say.

Hyuk and Yoon goes to Hyuk's room. And they talk. Yoon seems to put some sense in Hyuk a bit. A bit.

Wow. Nanny and Mama are still fighting. Nanny makes a good villain. I like the way she says her words.

Sunny shows the suicide letter to Michelle. And she asks Michelle for help. I think she is asking to reinstate Hyuk. I really think she did. She said it while crying angrily, so i still.think she has something up her sleeve abouy this.

Sunny reveals the inheritence stuff from Granny to all. And they talk it out. Tense2.

Omg. Mama is doing a beauty routine or something. Is she after eternal youth? A maid records Mama taking a shot.

Dongshik is with papa sunny and Helro at the chicken shop.

Helro and Yoon reunite. They walk at the mall. Wow. She puts a ring on him! Lol. She puts it by herself. She is very forward. Good for her.

Sunnt confronts nanny and says she knows stuff about her. And... my stream is stuck.

Nanny is trying to persuade Ari to help her. But she is dragged out. Sunny comforts Ari. 

Ari asks sunny that she wants to be with her parents and do stuff. Like in the preview.

My stream is really bad. It keeps buffering.

Omg. For a very scary man. Hyuk is scared of ghosts. How ironic. Puhahaha

This family photo of them is actually cute.

Hyuk dozes off and places his head on Sunny's shoulder. Intentionally I might add, he was semi awake.

Nanny is still locked up.

Oh no! Mama has a photo of Sunny amd Yura snooping at her poppy farm! No!

It's secret society place. Yoon-Sunny-Byun are discussing stuff. 

Oh no! There is a mole in secret society place! Mama showed the video to Hyuk. He says something but my stream got cut. But Mama is livid. She is angry.

My stream today is the worst. So clunky.

Ep 50 starts!

Yura is after mama's lackey. The one she recognized earlier. But Sunny stops her. It looks like he has a history with Yura. Ohhhh. My stream is not cooperating. But what i can conclude is lackey is bad, he beaten Yura before and this happend when KJS was hit by the car. Now i can see why she resents him for not being there for her. I need subs to fully understand this scene.

Ohhhh. Hyuk asks about Na Wang Shik. And he learns about the stars. And he pulls em out. Hahahaha. Hyuk is his usual cray self. He hasnt changed all that much.

Anyways. He sees Sunny and they talk (the scene in the preview). But i can't figure out what they said. My stream got cut again. 

Omg. Did he lock Sunny up?

Stream got cut again.

There is a car chase. And an accident. I don't know who is involved.

We are now at LH's ceremony. Dang it. My stream got cut again.

Yura came to save Sunny from the dungeon. That is why they were running. Yas! Sunny kicks some butt. She uses her fighting skills. And Byun helps her.

My stream is too bad. 

Yes! Sunny came in! 

Omg. Is this what i think it is. Did the good guys plan the explosion?

Yura brought Ari out from the pavillion and they talk.

Sunny tells everyone about stuff, i suppose the bad deeds of the imperial family. 

My stream lags.

But sunny really exposes them all! Exposed! Even Helro and papa sunny came to tell about him. Even yoon voiced out about the dead doctor. Hyuk is just standing listening. He doesnt act cray yet. Well. At least for now. We never know. Lol

Ok. My stream is too bad. I'm missing crucial stuff. Huhuhu

Even Hyuk's drunk confession was aired for all to hear. Woahhh. This is intense. Its kinda amazing that no one is stopping Sunny. Ngaahahaha

Woah. KJS speaks up too. 

Oh..the bad guys were the ones who put the bomb. And Hyuk is unconcious. Sunny tries to wake him up, but there was another explosion.

End of ep

Omg. Todays stream was the worst ever. Sobs

Dang i missed the preview

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler

LH's celebration.

Everyone's in place, Yoon and KJS in disguise with spectacles. Ari asked where is Sunny. ED wondered too. LH said she isn't feeling well. Then we see MYR rescuing Sunny from where she was confined. They were chased by the guards though. Sunny managed to fight some guards but they were outnumbered until Byun came to their rescue. They rushed to where the celebration was held.

LH was giving a speech. Suddenly Sunny came and she went up the stage.

Ari is taken by MYR back to the palace under Sunny's instruction. She saw that bad guy and wondered why he is here. Byun told MYR about not hearing from NWS and he is feeling uneasy about it. Next we see an injured man tied up hidden in a corner of a palace. NWS is alive?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1