[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

On 1/7/2019 at 5:57 PM, bebebisous33 said:

So when JH met Samuel for the second time, he remembered him because KJH had told him that the love of his wife was still existent, although she had died. But when Samuel read the letter, he noticed that KJH mentioned that the playground represented memories with the woman he loved. Moreover, he knew that KJH was just a simple employee (reservation office desk) due to the magazine... he is not someone from the higher up. No normal worker would spend the night in a garden like that, even dare to trespass the property. Only someone in love would do that... and since the garden meant so much for the CEO, Samuel could imagine that KJH would do such a bold move only for her. 

@bebebisous33, As always, I enjoy reading your posts.  I agree that KJH was able to use the playground in his letter to show how precious it was to him and how he could understand Samuel's feelings.  KJH shows how the playground had memories for him 'from his childhood, his family, his friends, and his dearest lady'.   

If Samuel had been viewing a gossip magazine, I could see how he easily connected the dots. However, this was a travel magazine presenting the facts and showing a very dedicated employee who gives his all to make each guest's experience is memorable; a real passion to please his guest.

For me, I still say it's a giant leap for Samuel to assume that KJH is in love with the CEO of the hotel because he spent the night in a beautiful garden; in my world, that's common for anyone in sales.  I work in the financial industry as the strategic alliance manager for many vendors, many of which I'm sure if I said their names you all would know. It is very common to have a company's/vendor representative show up, with no appointment, and camp out in our lobby all day long--all day,(since they cannot freely roam the highly badge access building) hoping they can get an opportunity to meet with me or one of the product managers to discuss the benefits of a product we have showed no interest in pursuing. 

However, I love what you wrote and will forget reality and go with the beauty of this romance.

• Like 18

@bebebisous33 just read the hands and feet analysis.. wow.. you really should get a book or article published on this drama...esp the last part about JH looking at the hands picture.. I never even noticed the pic.. have to watch that scene again..

Pl  keep all your analysis flowing.. it's like reading a novel.. love them...:star:

PS: have you written any other analysis for any other kdrama?

• Like 10

2 hours ago, nikir said:

https://imgur.com/a/6OqbEXU

Edited 1 hour ago by nikir
unable to add the picture here

You can insert images by clicking on the "Insert other media" button to the right hand side of the Type new message box. Click Insert URL. Make sure the URL you're pasting ends with .jpg or .png or .gif for the image to show :)

2 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

@dukesa1122 

among 290 thousands views on this thread, there's quite big chance that the production team (maybe) keeping eye on this thread :D, so keep the insight, request, analysis coming, our wishes might be granted :D 

I ask for more BTS clips, a long one if possible :rolleyes:

Agree. Out of a crew of 200 people in this drama, I'm sure some of them are following this thread. This happened before in one other thread here when the show was airing and he/she gave off hints and some facts (but i was a lurker then) lols. 

So to the crew if you're reading this. Please give us a happy ending, as in CSHxKJH will live happily ever after. As in, CSH will not lose the company. As in, Mr. Name and Soo Jun getting together and Dae Chan and Sec Jang. <3 We also would love to have WS with Koo Je Eun (am i spelling her name right) ? This is too many i know.. You can just choose the first 2 if it's not too much. hahaha :ph34r:

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's why he keeps saying to her that she is a friend.

However, I believe that his words must hurt her a lot because she is constantly reminded that in that moment she fell in love with him.

I totally understand HI. It would have been life changing for her to confess to JH or not to confess. There is so much at steak if she confesses to JH. So she chose to remain a friend all this time.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, nikir said:

@bebebisous33 just read the hands and feet analysis.. wow.. you really should get a book or article published on this drama...esp the last part about JH looking at the hands picture.. I never even noticed the pic.. have to watch that scene again..

Pl  keep all your analysis flowing.. it's like reading a novel.. love them...:star:

PS: have you written any other analysis for any other kdrama?

Thank you very much for the kind words.  cheerleader pink mouse

Back to your question. I have... you can find analysis in such lengths in older k-dramas like Cheese in the trap, Strong Woman Do Bong Soon, Moon lovers (check the first page) and Goblin. But I must warn you that I had to delete the pictures I used back then because of the limit of the attachment. In more recent dramas, I wrote quite a lot in Money flower, Let me introduce her and Lawless lawyer. Right now, I am posting less on other threads (see below).

As for the analysis about hands and feet, this is definitely not finished. I wrote about HI because this was much shorter. The first episode was the one who had the biggest number of takings with feet and hands... That's why it was so long. Yet, I am determined to do it till the episode 10. The other topic will be the sea. 

By the way, if you have any request or suggestion, let me know about it. I am open to any suggestion. 

@thadora you're welcome!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

As i rewatch episode 9, on their brief separation it just occured to me WHAT IF KJH resigned from Donghwa and just kept his distance— Do you think SH will go after him? Are her feelings for him so strong that she will go out of her way just to talk to him? What if he takes her words seriously and just try to think what is best for her by leaving her at peace in order to keep hold of her hotel and all that.. do you think she’ll fall apart if by chance he gives up on all that is left of their relationship? Sorry, it’s just the dramatic side of me that wants to see how far she could go for him.. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Here, her high heels embody the chaebol world which is a uncomfortable and painful world. That's why her foot has a wound. She might look good in high heels but with such shoes, it is impossible to walk for long and properly. JH with his hand offers assistance. Striking is the meaning behind the hand, JH has to lower himself but he doesn't mind it at all. The hand reflects two aspects: modesty and kindness. This simple taking has such a deep significance but it marks the start.

This is absolutely amazing analysis.  Again thank you. 

I love the way that this drama has drawn us all to focus on these fine points.  I hope that Encounter continues to be this conscious of detail until the very last moment--beyond the wonderful and believable romance, it is the attention and care in direction that have made this such a stunning drama.

• Like 12

14 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

As i rewatch episode 9, on their brief separation it just occured to me WHAT IF KJH resigned from Donghwa and just kept his distance— Do you think SH will go after him? Are her feelings for him so strong that she will go out of her way just to talk to him? What if he takes her words seriously and just try to think what is best for her by leaving her at peace in order to keep hold of her hotel and all that.. do you think she’ll fall apart if by chance he gives up on all that is left of their relationship? Sorry, it’s just the dramatic side of me that wants to see how far she could go for him.. 

The girl went through a rough marriage with abuse from the mother in law and then a divorce that was messy in the public eye yet she did not cry once according to Sec Jang. However, before they were even anything the thought of having to separate from him made her cry out in front of sec Jang. 

As soon as she arrived in Cuba, she did go out of the way to look for him scouring the streets like she was going crazy. 

This is not even the first time for her. From the moment she finds out who he is through him working for her, we are shown that she just can’t stop herself. She’s shown to be jealous of his phone call and proceeds to go to the playground even after insisting to herself and to Mr Nam that it’s not necessary to go there. She is the CEO but we see that from the very beginning he has always had some pull over her. SH has been super crazy about this guy for a while now, even if it wasn’t for the tea lady, she was eventually going to crack somehow and go see him as proven when she went back to the painting and also when she went to go see him after her business meeting when she had already told him she couldn’t make it. 

Thinking about it, our SH has done her fair share of chasing too. It’s just been subtle and subdued due to her having been so reluctant yet unable to help herself 

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, nmgzlz said:

So, I tried following everyone’s example and rewatching everything. Unfortunately, I don’t have too much time so I was satisfied with just clips for now. One conversation that struck me was in episode 3 when Mr Nam and JH were coming back from Sokcho. Mr Nam told him not to worry about her as she was used to being alone and he responded by asking whether she was truly used to it or was enduring it. Honestly, if the dad had eavesdropped on that conversation, he would probably be planning their wedding now. I also think with that one sentence, JH turned Mr Nam’s ship into full blown support because JH was proving 

1) how much he already cared about her at that point to the point of being worried

2) how much he had already figured her out even though they hadn’t known each other for long

3) how invested he would be in her happiness ie, she would in good hands with him.

@nmgzlz

Mr. Nam who have cared CSH since she was a little kid would impress with KJH's care for CSH from "whether she was truly used to it or was enduring it" and also proven in the explicit action by KJH's exposing himself in the lobby for CSH. 

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think that's right. SH's father has shown her that he's thinking of her rather than just trying to use her for his own gains, unlike SH's mother. And, SH's father has a reasonable point as well. It's not easy for a normal person to all of a sudden deal with the scrutiny and the negative comments, especially if it starts pulling in and affecting his family. However, JH is level-headed enough that he does understand the risk and is willing to still go for it.

I think the time off was really a lack of communication, but one that was driven by concern and consideration, so I'm glad that JH and SH were ultimately able to talk it out.

Also, I think the fact that Driver Nam approves of JH should carry some weight with SH's father, since Driver Nam and SH's father go way back to when they were both journalists. I'm happy to see SH's father finally meet JH. They'll get a chance to connect, I think, and gives SH's father a chance to take the measure of JH, and see the man who is making his daughter come alive.

@stroppyse

I thought that KJH&CSH's time off let them thoroughly consider oneself whether each of them is  okay to have no another party in order to exchange with no futher impact/problem from their relationship.

Several lovers who face some problem of being a couple and asks to take a break, they might find out that spending life without such problem is happier. Therefore, such time off for some lovers could be permanently broken up. This might be as  @shyguitar mentioned above. 

Actually KJH's dad and CSH's dad are very meaningful to KJH and CSH as their life's advisor.

- CSH's dad cares for CSH's happiness. Mr.Nam as a closed friend who CSH's dad can trust Mr.Nam's comments for CSH's happiness. 

- KJH's dad guides KJH with wise thoughts since KJH was a kid and those words has absorbed to be a part of KJH's thougtfulness and determination.

In ep10, when HI showed KJH's dad the magazine as KJH asked her to send but KJH's dad mentioned "KJH's deed might be a part of his job but KJH is lucky to be well recognized" which it could be a fact of any frontdesk's job. 

In coming episodes, audiences would see CSH's dad meet KJH, I am looking forward to watching this scene too. However, I am wondering

Question 1: whether ex-husband would join this meeting or not because the still picture last week, we saw 4 men in CSH's life with smile? 

Spoiler

49199901_1005381129645464_48384539351045

Question 2: Plus, KJH will tell his intention about CSH to KJH's dad and what is KJH's reaction? 

PBG-DAD.jpg

PBG-dad2.jpg

PBG-dad1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I have just read the song's lyric KJH will sing for CSH, it looks an implication esp. the end of the song.

Drunken Truth by Kim Dong Ryul

You're right, I may be drunk
This may be a mistake.
When morning comes, I may act like I don't remember
And act uncomfortable around you.
But tonight there is something
That I absolutely have to say.
I apologize for my current state,
But please don't think
that I am just saying this
because I am drunk.
Whenever I am in front of you
I prepare myself to say this
But I always say the opposite thing,
Turn around and regret it,
But now I will declare to you
That I have loved you from the start.
I love you so much
Even if my sloppy declaration
Seems corny or unbelievable,
It is not something I am just saying.
I'll probably never do something like this again
But as the night becomes light
I will hold you in my arms once again,
And tell you that I love you
Why are
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, gumtaek said:

@jl08: I can't find an Eng subbed Video Cut where the PD-Nim raved about their chemistry.

Me too...I found all the parts with Eng sub except that vid on the PD nim talking earnestly about our OTP's chemistry.....lol.

That part is so elusive! But the Korean version that I had post earlier had some words that we can decipher as he was surprised and it's a first for him to see the overflowing chemistry and he's saying not just because he's casting them...he said if one were to see it from the eyes of the cameraman or staff, he or she will be shocked at the chemistry.....

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, nmgzlz said:

The girl went through a rough marriage with abuse from the mother in law and then a divorce that was messy in the public eye yet she did not cry once according to Sec Jang. However, before they were even anything the thought of having to separate from him made her cry out in front of sec Jang. 

As soon as she arrived in Cuba, she did go out of the way to look for him scouring the streets like she was going crazy. 

This is not even the first time for her. From the moment she finds out who he is through him working for her, we are shown that she just can’t stop herself. She’s shown to be jealous of his phone call and proceeds to go to the playground even after insisting to herself and to Mr Nam that it’s not necessary to go there. She is the CEO but we see that from the very beginning he has always had some pull over her. SH has been super crazy about this guy for a while now, even if it wasn’t for the tea lady, she was eventually going to crack somehow and go see him as proven when she went back to the painting and also when she went to go see him after her business meeting when she had already told him she couldn’t make it. 

Thinking about it, our SH has done her fair share of chasing too. It’s just been subtle and subdued due to her having been so reluctant yet unable to help herself 

@nmgzlz I agree she had her fair share of chasing and I love the fact that she was the one who gave in this time. But you know, sometimes I just want to see her grab his hand and be the one who is needy. And by that time that she expressed how she loves him, he’ll spread kisses all over her tear-stained face and make all the pain go away. Sorry, it’s just the dramatic me. Haha

• Like 10
  • LOL 7