[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

54 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

To me, it would be out of character, if KJH decided to keep his distance from CSH. Since the episode 3, KJH keeps trying to get closer and closer to her. First, he is fine to be her friend but the time between being a friend and being in a some-relationship is really short compared to the time, he tried to get closer to her. And don't forget these words:

He knows that she has been lonely all her life. KJH is not like JWS who wants to see how much CSH loves him. JWS needs some action (showing interest) from her in order to see that love which is ridiculous as he doesn't initiate anything. KJH is fine if CSH takes her time to become closer and closer to him. In my opinion, the ending of the episode 9 shows that CSH has changed. Not only she traveled to Sokcho to see him but next to the lighthouse, she is walking towards him. She makes steps in his direction, while in the past (episode 3 and 4), KJH was the one who moved his feet in her direction. From the episode 9, she has become proactive, she is not just standing there. Sure, unlike KJH she doesn't run but there is a huge improvement. From my point of view, CSH will become more offensive with KJH. 

For me, this couple will stay together despite everything... JWS ran away and abandoned her. JH is the opposite of him that's why I am not expecting any break-up. The question is: will CSH even be ready to give up that hotel? Or will she fight against family Kim and win the law suit? I am sure, at the end of the day, our heroine will be happy to cut ties with Taegyeong Group. This will be the conclusion. Either she remains the CEO of Donghwa Hotel or she has to give up that seat to JWS who tried to propose a deal to her: "keep the hotel but marry me!" What I have in my mind is: she might be able to keep the land in Cuba. The landowner knew about JH and her. Like she can open her own hotel... 

@bebebisous33 I think at some point she’ll give it up. But in exchange she’ll gain more happiness, freedom and a family of her own. 

Edited by bebebisous33
Don't quote pictures please remove these next time
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, jl08 said:

Me too...I found all the parts with Eng sub except that vid on the PD nim talking earnestly about our OTP's chemistry.....lol.

That part is so elusive! But the Korean version that I had post earlier had some words that we can decipher as he was surprised and it's a first for him to see the overflowing chemistry and he's saying not just because he's casting them...he said if one were to see it from the eyes of the cameraman or staff, he or she will be shocked at the chemistry.....

their chemistry -  i watched other drama kiss scene - i do not watch other drama except boyfriend but when you search #parkbogum in instagram and i really do not understand why other actor/ actress clips are tagging bogum name.. to make it short,  i came across their kiss scene because they tag bogum name in ig.  and  i do not feel anything by watching it / i mean i do not want to rewatch their scene.  100% agree with you PD nim!  that their chemistry is overflowing. even kiss scene, they looks so good.

are they nervous ! their leg movement in sync too.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Tola Ir said:

I’m really worried we won’t get to see their date in the car, on the beach and the steamy kiss in Cuba in the next episode. I just don’t understand why it was in the BTS? Isn’t that too much of a spoiler? Plus that is meant to be BTS for episode 9 and 10. :cry:

This show hasn't disappointed us yet, so I believe that we can continue to believe.  Don't worry.  :)

• Like 12

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

@nmgzlz I agree she had her fair share of chasing and I love the fact that she was the one who gave in this time. But you know, sometimes I just want to see her grab his hand and be the one who is needy. And by that time that she expressed how she loves him, he’ll spread kisses all over her tear-stained face and make all the pain go away. Sorry, it’s just the dramatic me. Haha

@shyguitar

Raise my hand to agree with your comment. From stepping back her feet in ep.3 to driving to Sokcho in Ep.9, would audiences be too greedy to wannna watch her gestures to express her love to him first, not just reacting back his?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

By the way, I remembered a couple persons posted in this forum concerning about CSH's sleeping pill habbit. This sleeping pill point has not been raised from ep.4-ep.9 but our KJH has not forgetten about his beloved CSH.

In ep.3, Mr.Nam concerned this sleeping pill and tried to limit the amount CSH will take. In addition to Mr.Nam's care about CSH's happiness, he also concerns CSH's health.

In ep.10, during their first video call, KJH who cares about CSH's freedom and happiness, KJH also find the sensible way to suggest about sleeping pill with his concern. 

Even KJH is younger than CSH but he cares about CSH's health and find the way to suggest, similar good intention as Mr.Nam who is like an uncle to CSH. :wub: 

A nice boyfriend might act with caring like a dad/an uncle to his girlfriend. 

If Mr.Nam knows about this  KJH's sleeping pill suggestion to CSH reflecting his care with all about CSH thoroughly, he must give KJH stronger green light. :kiss_wink:

ps. From the word

- women are always attracted to 'versions of their fathers'

CSH's dad always ask whether she has eaten, is tired, stays healthy.

CSH's dad gave CSH a poem book, as same as KJH gave CSH. Both CSH’s dad and KJH loves reading.

PBG-Sleeping-pill.jpg

PBG-sleeing-pill1.jpg

PBG-healthy.jpg

• Like 13

@africandramalover thanks for pointing out the fact that the damage to JH's camera view finder forces him to look at the world and SH without the lens. Also that it makes him ready to save her as she falls asleep and almost falls off that ledge.  The fact, too, that SH's car breaks his camera glass must be part of their destiny to be together? I watch things more with my heart than my head. Grateful for the sharing of things I'd otherwise miss.

One thing: I hate that this drama can be categorized as a "Noona romance" rather than two people made for each other.  I don't remember hearing the term "oppa romance" which I guess is everything else. 

About SH, I like her best feisty. Would like to see more of her as take charge executive.  It worries me still when she's so sleepy.  I guess this goes back to @bebebisous33's analysis of SH as Sleeping Beauty? Enough of the fairy tale for me. Would like to see her fully awake. 

• Like 13

Why is it so silent here all of a sudden? :ph34r:

@NongpeeP

You are so right about this line "women are always attracted to 'versions of their fathers" ... And now that you pointed it out, both are almost the same. Thinking about it now, KJH can be successful as much as CSH's dad. 

Im super excited on what will happen between KJH and CSH's dad. From the looks of the still, it looks like Mr. Name has something to do with this encounter. Again. :joy:

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

Just now, dukesa1122 said:

Why is it so silent here all of a sudden? :ph34r:

@NongpeeP

You are so right about this line "women are always attracted to 'versions of their fathers" ... And now that you pointed it out, both are almost the same. Thinking about it now, KJH can be successful as much as CSH's dad. 

Im super excited on what will happen between KJH and CSH's dad. From the looks of the still, it looks like Mr. Name has something to do with this encounter. Again. :joy:

Actually I guess you could also say that men are attracted to women like their mothers? So WS attracted to SH as successful hotel CEO because she reminds him (misreading her completely) of ruthless cold no-nonsense mommy? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 11

25 minutes ago, ihyw said:

Actually I guess you could also say that men are attracted to women like their mothers? So WS attracted to SH as successful hotel CEO because she reminds him (misreading her completely) of ruthless cold no-nonsense mommy? 

:joy: I think that only applies if you have a good relationship with your father, and mother. I can't say the same thing for WS. The reason why he's even pursuing her more right now is because she's showing a different side of her that WS didn't even imagine she has. Ergo, NOT like his mother. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

9 hours ago, gumtaek said:

Reveal hidden contents

@CJnDrama Twitter

Sorry for the naivety, but what are these color pattern about?  I know they are emphasizing the colors of the pictures but does it have a figurative implication? Please enlighten me. 

Edited by bebebisous33
don't quote videos, gifs and pictures. Remove these next time please

10 minutes ago, Glycie Manongsong said:

Sorry for the naivety, but what are these color pattern about?  I know they are emphasizing the colors of the pictures but does it have a figurative implication? Please enlighten me. 

No it doesn't, it's just the colors that they used/blend for this scene :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ihyw said:

In my opinion, JWS was attracted to her, as soon as he saw her picture hence his memory of their meeting at the restaurant is a good one. His attraction was reinforced, when he saw her for real. Back then, she was a well-mannered and obedient woman. Moreover, she asked him right away, what kind of woman he liked so that he would come to like her. He replied that he liked her style, CSH's style. Back then, he might have expressed, he wanted her to be herself. Nonetheless, In their meeting, CSH was determined to become the woman he wanted her to be. This created the first misunderstanding. However, we shouldn't forget that she never mentioned anything about herself, what she wanted from this marriage. She expressed no expectation, no emotion. She was just quiet and reserved. Since she didn't act like all the other women he had met... trying to impress him, he was indeed impressed.

Interesting is his first reply to her question. He had no particular taste, when it comes to women. This underlines one more time that JWS is someone who has no own opinion and no own taste: he has no personality in reality. He is just the mirror of his mother... that's why he never protected his wife from his mother. It is not that he was afraid of his mother, it is just that he had never learnt to distance himself from his mother. I guess, he never went through puberty. Yet, he witnessed how more and more CSH was struggling and he had no idea how to deal with her. In order to let her go, he faked the affair. His mother was misled... she thought, he was cheating because CSH was not loving back her son. What caught my attention is how his mother described her son concerning CSH:

1. His love (for CSH) is pure 
  2. He is waiting for CSH
  3. Why would he loosen his grip on that thing (CSH)?

Since she only discovered much later that he had faked the affair (Soo Ah was paid), it really shows her distorted version of her son. His love for CSH was pure in her eyes because he was waiting for CSH to love him. For her, the affair was the result of CSH's behavior. She knew all along that her son loved CSH that's why she had a divorce contract so written that CSH was still connected to JWs's family. Moreover, she also observed that her son was keeping an eye on CSH all this time (third sentence above). So for the mother, it was clear that the divorce was temporary and at some point, CSH would come back. So more and more he is disobeying his mother, something he did not in the past. He was really immature.

Then I observed another interesting pattern: remember that CSH criticized him for bombarding her with gifts the next day after being punished by her mother in law. JWS hasn't changed at all this pattern: he still buys expensive things for her or invites her to exquisite restaurants in order to woo her. He has learnt nothing over the years. Once he realized that JH had become very close to CSH, he changed his strategy: he didn't wait any longer and tried to seduce the same way like in the past. Sure, he changed one thing... he attempted to write a good note but failed miserably to impress her. Like I mentioned it before many times, JWS has not really mature. He still considers himself as a good party and he is never questioning himself. When he said to his mother, they shouldn't have mistreated her in the past, the "we" should be understood this way: his mother was rude towards her, so was he because his mother represents him too. However, I don't think that he feels responsible for the failure of his marriage. For him, CSH wasn't ready (she had no heart and no emotion) and his mother mistreated her.

He didn't fall for CSH because she was a successful woman. No it all happened before. However, he has been protecting CSH because this way, he has a reason to be close to her and watch over her. Notice that he uses the success of the hotel to call her and compliment her. Taking the hotel from her would mean, JWS would loosen his grip over CSH. She would resent his mother and him even more. Therefore so far, he does anything so that she can keep the hotel. He is aware that once she loses the hotel, he has no longer ties with her and can no longer use the hotel in order to meet her and even visit her. 

Finally, JWS will keep pursuing CSH no matter what. He thinks after all these years where he waited for her, he deserves her. Moreover, he has all the qualities: handsome, rich and powerful. Since CSH has JH as boyfriend now, he tried to rush the things: proposal... but it didn't work. So he attempted to woo her with flowers. A failure again, moreover she starts disobeying to his orders (meet me at the sky lounge). So what will JWS do the next?

My assumption from last week was that he will go to Cuba in order to become her savior but he fails miserably... my predictions are still unchanged. At some point, he might use the hotel in order to force her to marry him again.

I am quite eager to know if my prediction is correct.  

@dukesa1122@shyguitar @roshzanna@twtwb @xu_lyfe@nikir@guinearoyal@Tasia@icyphoenix @stroppyse @philosophie @thistle@Yongzura@thadora@jl08

• Like 21
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, bohmi said:

Hide contents

cr. CJnDrama

cr. sasa_928Ying_BRJ

@rosiepeonie188 you're welcome :)

Encounter viewers are inspired that they are making poem, cartoons versions. This what happens when it connects and affect positively the viewers . Peace and Love everyone. 

Edited by bebebisous33
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

my predictions are still unchanged. At some point, he might use the hotel in order to force her to marry him again.

I am quite eager to know if my prediction is correct.  

I am quite eager to know if your prediction will come true or mine. 

I want to view the ending with a good light when it comes to WS. :lol:

@Glycie Manongsong, hello dear. Dont quote posts with pictures in it. Just remove the pictures when you quote the post . :kiss_wink:

• Like 3

Just now, dukesa1122 said:

I am quite eager to know if your prediction will come true or mine. 

I want to view the ending with a good light when it comes WS. :lol:

@Glycie Manongsong, hello dear. Dont quote posts with pictures in it. Just remove the pictures when you quote the post . :kiss_wink:

Well, I just want him to grow up and keep his distance from his mother. He is not a bad person per se, just a flawed man. However, he needs to be confronted by reality... until now, he has been in denial. He can't imagine that KJH is a better person than him. I can't forget his reaction, when he saw JH driving CSH back to the hotel with the old truck. He was left speechless. A fly could have flown into his huge mouth. It was really funny.:D

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

44 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

just a flawed man.

If there was a description for WS, it will be that. Flawed in every way possible. :wacko:

I agree. I cant forget his face either. He was dumbfounded when he saw CSH riding in a truck. 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@xu_lyfe Thanks a lot for the compliment! cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532Honestly, I had never thought that this drama would be so deep and well written. But the more I watch and analyse this work, the more I love this drama.  crazy monkey

Now, I would like to talk about the meeting between Grandfather Samuel and KJH in the first episode. Their conversation is really important because it explains why grandfather Samuel could remember KJH and deduce that KJH loved the CEO.

The first thing KJH says is that this garden is beautiful and he adds this: 

With these words, our hero shows that he is able to sense the love in that garden. Someone put a lot of work and love in it and he can still see the beauty and love in it. Nonetheless, grandfather denies this as he replies:

As you can observe, grandfather is talking in the past. There is nothing beautiful here... everything is gone. Indirectly, he is saying that the love is dead too because his wife died. That's why the garden is no longer beautiful... he can no longer enjoy the garden. However, KJH sees it differently.  To him, time has changed nothing. The wife might be dead but he can still feel the love in this garden. The memory of her and her love didn't disappear with her death. Yet, grandfather is still pessimistic because he answers:

You see, he is still talking in the past. Moreover, Samuel insists that the love ended with her death ("completed"). Because KJH appeared as someone sensitive who could even feel the love in this garden, he left a deep impression on Samuel. KJH kept telling him that the love as such didn't disappear because you can feel the memories in it.  

Let us not forget that KJH has kept the old camera from his father's friend. The camera represents a dear memory of that person that's why he is attached to it. Things might change but memories and love not... that's what KJH tried to tell Samuel. 

This is from the second episode. Here CSH justifies why she was able to get the contract. She also felt that love in that garden... she sensed that there are memories. She has the same point of view than KJH. Emotions and memories are important. This explains too why CSH and KJH are so similar.

So when JH met Samuel for the second time, he remembered him because KJH had told him that the love of his wife was still existent, although she had died. But when Samuel read the letter, he noticed that KJH mentioned that the playground represented memories with the woman he loved. Moreover, he knew that KJH was just a simple employee (reservation office desk) due to the magazine... he is not someone from the higher up. No normal worker would spend the night in a garden like that, even dare to trespass the property. Only someone in love would do that... and since the garden meant so much for the CEO, Samuel could imagine that KJH would do such a bold move only for her. 

@dukesa1122@yonaomi123@lclarakl@twtwb @xu_lyfe@nikir@guinearoyal@Tasia@icyphoenix @stroppyse @philosophie @thistle@Yongzura@thadora@jl08

It was clearly stated during the VO of this scene that the memory of the woman he loves will disappear. Parallelism has been use here. Grandpa Samuel being in love also to his late wife read/feel the letter words beyond what it is saying. He has the wisdom after all. 

Edited by bebebisous33
  • Like 6

I have a question, it may also be MAJOR POSSIBLE SPOILER, so please don’t read this if you hate spoilers.

Spoiler

D55331-E1-4-B0-E-439-E-9-EFA-AFF80-B6-B7

Is this legit? I saw it on r______achel620’s page. I don’t remember seeing that screen grab of PBG. Does anyone remember where it’s from?.

Does this mean they’re engaged in the next episode!?

• Like 15
  • LOL 4
  • Thanks 3

@ahdrianaa 

Spoiler

That was from the NYE celebration of the crew, I believe. I hate spoilers but I couldn’t resist LOL

I never noticed the ring before. OMG shotgun wedding or yeah couple rings or purity rings :rolleyes:

But waiiiit. He’s wearing something similar to the bus station scene is Sokcho in episode 9

Hmmm

• Like 2
  • LOL 14

Just now, stardustvoid said:

@ahdrianaa 

Reveal hidden contents

That was from the NYE celebration of the crew. I hate spoilers but I couldn’t resist LOL

I never noticed the ring before. OMG shotgun wedding lol, or yeah couple rings

Spoiler

Ooooooh! I forgot about the NYE video, you’re so right.

I thought that it might be a commitment or promise ring but do guys wear them too? Come to think of it, guys don’t wear engagement bands. 

Did they get hitched in Cuba!? 

I am so sorry that I dragged you into this with me. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 3