[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

1 hour ago, shyguitar said:

May I request please dont mention anything related to their personal life or anything outside of this drama coz it really ruins the momentum of viewers like me. I am asking for consideration bec I’m still having the feel of this drama and I want it to linger some more til this drama ends. Sorry if I offended anyone. 

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

I second that. :thumbsup:

Let's just not talk about what they think because some people think weird things. And we can't control what they think. So lets just think positive thoughts. You get what I'm thinking? :kiss_wink:

Now... About that Morro Cabana kiss.... :P

From @shyguitar @dukesa1122 's reminder

I have just seen the soompi article writer( I have just posted ) is a bias;therefore, I have just edited such post in previous page to hide in spoiler.  

1 hour ago, Far^away said:

I saw some articles saying that the drama is carried by PBG and didn’t like it. It takes so many things to produce a drama that resonates with the audience and if a male character is carrying the show alone then just shoot him alone, can’t we? *snickers* Sorry i just had to say this out loud. 

The proportion of male lead and female lead in Encounter is amazingly balanced by scriptwriter, PD, and crews.

Both Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo plays very important roles to Encounter as we could consider that the key theme is about 2 main leads from different world encounter to create boyfriend/girlfriend relationship, in addition to all Casts&Crews.

Positive effect to Park Bo Gum and Song Hye Kyo in commerciality

Spoiler

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

@gumtaek

Thanks for shining light in my tunnel with this pic. From acquaintance to close noona-dongsaeng buddies - these two are really adorable! Their smile just lights everyone up, what more when they're doing passionate scenes! We'll surely feel the earth move under our feet!

I wonder how many wefies PBG has after "Boyfriend" is done....I'm so glad that he has had a chance to work with Kyo and she with him too. Both complement each other so adorably, on screen and off screen. The way they conducted their video call in ep 10 is so natural as if it's their normal way of talking to each other, in that teasing, smiling and casual mode.

Just looking at their smile is enough to put a smile on my face to tie over till Wed nite.  :D

DwSq6pGV4AEllET.jpg

I wonder how many takes were there for the balcony steamy kiss scene? I believe they would have discussed the level of intimacy. Yes, I did notice the red ears in Seoul and in Cuba during those kissing scenes.....definitely can't be due to any climate change.   :D

@bebebisous33

You're doing such an amazing job with all your analysis and everything makes sense. Thanks for sharing so much with us! :)

Spoiler

@utkim

Yes, dearie. It's not easy to be a SHK fan because at times her fans are also targeted.  

I also sensed that some of the lines that she mentioned in "Boyfriend" to KJH about the cut being so deep it's hard to recover from it....is pointing to her experience but we'll hang in there together and pray for the "Boyfriend" to receive many accolades all over the world.  Hang in there.

__________________________________________________________________________________

P/S: We all know that a drama is carried by the entire cast and crew. Every single person plays an important role in making the drama so beautiful and successful. Yes, the lead cast of PBG and SHK with their amazing chemistry contributes substantially to the love and positive reviews shown by fans but we should also include the supporting cast with their side romance and funny scenes and the crew who surely have lack of sleep too.

Of course, not forgetting the passionate and loyal fans of PBG and SHK who came together to support this beautiful couple who is oozing with so much chemistry!

So KUDOS to all that "BOYFRIEND" stands for!

• Like 19
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

So my interpretation was that CSH is associated to a bird, because she offered a white howl to JH.....(CSH) definitely looks like a bird flying.....A bird flies to JH's table.....

I love this so much!  Thank you for your great analysis.  The thought of CSH being a bird is beautiful.  She has learned to fly because of her encounter with JH.  

• Like 13

On 12/23/2018 at 10:05 AM, larrysouth said:

It is also written: "The woman came out of a man's rib.  Not from his feet to be walked on.  Not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal.  Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved."  I think KJH's love has spoiled her from ever going back to JWS. 

I never heard this saying before but I love it.  Thank you so much.

This sentiment explains this drama.  KJH is younger; however, in actions, he is more mature the JWS.  KJH treats CSH as an equal, he is considerate, loving, and protective.  What else can you ask for from a man, regardless of age.  I feel sorry for JWS, not because CSH does not want him, but because he was broken down by his mother and he does not know how to be a man.

Attention overprotective mothers:  You do a grave disservice to your sons and daughters.  Adults need to be able to think for themselves, make their own decisions and mistakes. If JWS could learn how to stand up to his mother, then losing CSH would be worth it.

I have not read all the many post yet; but I have to respond to this saying...profound in its simplicity.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, jl08 said:

@gumtaek

Thanks for shining light in my tunnel with this pic. From acquaintance to close noona-dongsaeng buddies - these two are really adorable! Their smile just lights everyone up, what more when they're doing passionate scenes! We'll surely feel the earth move under our feet!

I wonder how many wefies PBG has after "Boyfriend" is done....I'm so glad that he has had a chance to work with Kyo and she with him too. Both complement each other so adorably, on screen and off screen. The way they conducted their video call in ep 10 is so natural as if it's their normal way of talking to each other, in that teasing, smiling and casual mode.

Just looking at their smile is enough to put a smile on my face to tie over till Wed nite.  :D

I wonder how many takes were there for the balcony steamy kiss scene? I believe they would have discussed the level of intimacy. Yes, I did notice the red ears in Seoul and in Cuba during those kissing scenes.....definitely can't be due to any climate change.   :D

@jl08

When I watched Encounter's BTS ep.9-10, I wanna shout where are our Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun,

whom I saw are Naughty&Cheerful Park Bo Gum and Playful&Smiley Song Hye Kyo. 

We could also feel the dirty of uncleaned bed sheet Kim Jin Hyuk was trying to find the doll.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, NongpeeP said:

I saw are Naughty&Cheerful Park Bo Gum and Playful&Smiley Song Hye Kyo. 

You're right. I saw that PBG is so cheerful and bright and that reminds me of his character in "Boyfriend" as KJH - he's equally bright and positive and because of his good energy, he lights up CSH as well, and in reality, I can see that PBG's cheerfulness is also making SHK smile more and looking relaxed too. She teasingly said she's going home and he pouting his lips.....I can't find anything else more adorable than these two....on and off screen.    :D

• Like 8
  • LOL 6

30 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I never heard this saying before but I love it.  Thank you so much.

This sentiment explains this drama.  KJH is younger; however, in actions, he is more mature the JWS.  KJH treats CSH as an equal, he is considerate, loving, and protective.  What else can you ask for from a man, regardless of age.  I feel sorry for JWS, not because CSH does not want him, but because he was broken down by his mother and he does not know how to be a man.

Attention overprotective mothers:  You do a grave disservice to your sons and daughters.  Adults need to be able to think for themselves, make their own decisions and mistakes. If JWS could learn how to stand up to his mother, then losing CSH would be worth it.

I have not read all the many post yet; but I have to respond to this saying...profound in its simplicity.

To me, he can stand up to his mother but he chose not because we saw him disobeying his mother. In my opinion, JWS is like that because he is not even aware of what he is missing. All this life, he has been treated like a prince, was envied by others therefore in his eyes, he has always been a perfect man, a good party. He has learnt to define himself with his status and wealth. He is not aware that he is lacking in so many departments. I don't pity a man who treats a woman like an object, gives orders all the time, expects the woman to love him without making effort... his status and his wealth were the reasons why JWS didn't try to woo her. He thought, CSH should have been moved to marry him. When she remained passive and cold, he came to the conclusion that she had no heart and blamed his mother. 

As conclusion, this man needs to think and reflect on his own actions, to become curious and try to discover the outside... he is still living in a box (his preference for oblongs), unaware of the existence of that box. I don't think, he has realized  the negative aspects of his chaebold world: the limits are for him something positive. ... he perceives his world as a sphere where only extraordinary people are allowed to enter so the border represents a selection. 

@jl08 @thistle Thanks for the compliments.:)crazy monkeyGlad that you are enjoying my analysis. So my next topics will be hands and feet (LOL!!leaf) and the sea.  Interested?

• Like 17
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

JWS is playing games with her (deal at the birthday party: I'll deal with my mother, you treat me nicely / begging for a divorce as he fell in love with a woman... but he is still not married), JH is the exact opposite. He is always honest and humble.

And it looks like the situation will have to be settled soon since the preview for eps 11 & 12 seem to indicate that JWS will be coming to work at the hotel when JH is returning to the PE crew in Seoul. 

Somehow I believe that JH will win JWS over and maybe show him how a man should be.  That girl in the PR crew has her sites set on JWS so he will need the assist!  ;) 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

He is always honest and humble. CSH had many opportunities to see that: the camera, dancing in the street, the offered shoulder, the music, barefoot walking, helping her with the shoes... but more importantly, 

The music part was an eye opener. True, everything is so much better with music. Feelings are amplified. 

I want to quote the camera part because KJH refusing to have the camera replaced is really the turning point for the whole drama. Had KJH not refuse for his camera to be replaced then we wouldn't have any story at all. It's the point where CSH formed her own opinion on what type of a person KJH is and made her trust him a little bit when she woke up from her sleep and she asked for his help. :D

1 hour ago, NongpeeP said:

From @shyguitar @dukesa1122 's reminder

I have just seen the soompi article writer( I have just posted ) is a bias;therefore, I have just edited such post in previous page to hide in spoiler. 

Thank you! :)

I try not to read negative comments anymore because honestly, they destroy my day and they don't have any proof to what they are claiming so BASELESS comments are unnecessary for me. 

43 minutes ago, jl08 said:

Hang in there.

I'm also hanging in here with our OTPs kisses and smiles and hugs.

Hell! I can even settle for a smile but who wants JUST a smile when we can have torrid make out sessions? lol :wub: :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 9

1 hour ago, jl08 said:

@gumtaek

I think the leads are initially discussing how will they do the intimate scenes and the angles together with the director. I've watched some interview of Bogum saying how he did it and how many angles it needed to show (LITML) and with Lee Jong Suk also. So,I believe they discuss it first, the level of intimacy, how long and how deep it will be. Even the smack if you observed (ep 8 and 10) is always included,maybe they talked about to include it to relax them before and after the long kiss .The smack with very noticed  sound makes their kissing  scenes even more romantic and cuter.                                                                   

What I am waiting is the BTS of kissing scenes and their interview  how they do it because it is one of the best kissing scene I've watched in k drama land.

• Like 12

@thistle I found another reference where CSH is associated to a bird. Encounter episode 2 drawing princess bird.png She is the princess and the bird is by her side. As you can see, the more we analyse, the more details catch our attention.

@twtwb @xu_lyfe@nikir@guinearoyal@Tasia@icyphoenix @stroppyse @philosophie @thistle@Yongzura@dukesa1122@thadora@jl08

• Like 14
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, dukesa1122 said:

want to quote the camera part because KJH refusing to have the camera replaced is really the turning point for the whole drama. Had KJH not refuse for his camera to be replaced then we wouldn't have any story at all. It's the point where CSH formed her own opinion on what type of a person KJH is and made her trust him a little bit when she woke up from her sleep and she asked for his help. :D

True ! But i also believe that Fate is the important point of the story, from the beginning :

- the man of the cafe asked KJH to move to another table, and he moved to the one where the car crushed, 

- the man of the hotel advised her to go to Morro cabana...wishing her to find love.

(same man for the note in episode 10. The fact he's the same man, adds something "supernatural" for me...like is he human ?....and that accentuates the power of Fate...a strong spiritual meaning.)

Also, i think she felt something about his personality when she woke up after sleeping on his shoulder, same for him , just with their gaze...some say that the eyes are the doors of the soul...and of the heart.

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, waaw said:

Also, i think she felt something about his personality when she woke up after sleeping on his shoulder, same for him , just with their gaze...some say that the eyes are the doors of the soul...and of the heart.

Or she recognized him right away that's why the first thing she said was "is there anything you need from me?". I think @larrysouth made the same comment about this. :)

I read a comment in Dramabeans that there is too much coincidences to the drama. Interestingly enough, the one who made a comment about that is also posting here. :joy: I dont mind coincidences seeing as this drama has a fairy tale feel to it. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, dukesa1122 said:

Interestingly enough, the one who made a comment about that is also posting here.

@dukesa1122  That's not me. :) (too busy to read dramabeans).

@larrysouth  Sorry, i didn't read your comment. But glad to know you felt the same. :wub:

I've never seen any drama without "too many" coincidences. There wouldn't be any story without them. 

Moral of Encounter : coincidences don't exist. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Thanks 2