[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

6 hours ago, saved2K said:

Nice to see you here @hrh77 and @minwoojin .  Yes this drama might be our next favorite.... so far so good.  Hope to see more of you here.

5 hours ago, minwoojin said:

LOL...you should know me. Wherever MY goes...I go. Good thing each of her drama choices keeps getting better and better...ahahaha.

HD Stills of previously....

Can't wait for the coming scenes, when Lee Young Joon really gets jealous and the intimate scenes starts...LOL

Reveal hidden contents

88d633e2gy1fs5vh1sv27j21kw11x45f.jpg

And what secretary in their right mind would dare do this to their boss? Only KMS...lol

2 hours ago, MeritaG said:

OMG... I didn't notice that the person he met was actually Barack Obama. Damn. This drama is good. I know the picture was probably photoshopped, but just thinking of making this picture with BO in it ... it's just.. it's just superb. Very attention to details. 

I think, the one in kakaopage is already complete, but all in hangul. In the tappytoon, it's already English subtitled, however, I don't think it's complete yet --- judging from the cover picture and other hints. Both of them are not free. 

Anniong chingus! @hrh77, @minwoojin, @saved2K

nice to see you all here I've been waiting for  your post since Wednesday... :D

I'm back again in soompi world since minyoung has another drama to watch...

so far so good i love the new OTP... :wub: i like the storyline...

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, yujien said:

Anniong chingus! @hrh77, @minwoojin, @saved2K

nice to see you all here I've been waiting for  your post since Wednesday... :D

I'm back again in soompi world since minyoung has another drama to watch...

so far so good i love the new OTP... :wub: i like the storyline...

Hello  nice to see you here too.  Yes I'm so excited for next week's episodes.  

Me too... this early. am already in love with the OTP hahahaha  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, aisling said:

@jaefan Oh wow, that information you gave us redefines their whole relationship! 

Hide contents

So when she started working for him he already knew who she was? So what exactly happened when they were children? 

yes he already knew who she is.. will pm you more details on the incident.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Sejabini said:

hallo chingus :blush: *group hugsssssss.. :heart:

it's been a long time since I've decided to watch kdrama and joined kdrama forum from 1st ep hua ha ha ha :kiss_closed: only Park Min Young + Romantic Comedy genre can persuade me xuxuxuxuxu .. 

mmmm.. I love this drama because THIS IS PARK MIN YOUNG!! I love all her dramas. she said once she only accepted scripts which she can follows the emotions of the character. and I love her preferences :love:

I haven't finished ep 2 yet but I love all scenes from ep 1-2 hahaha.. 

btw ughhh is it weird if a man wants to marry us to babysitting them or to manage everything for them or to serving them? ughhh.. I am not liking this concept. that main actor (I don't remember his character) wants to settle down with secretary kim because he will feel empty if she won't tie his necktie again in the morning? or preparing his snacks.. OMG.. even if I love a man and married one of them, I am too busy to preparing a tie every morning. perhaps sometimes but to have this routines everyday OmG. my career is imporant too. hahuhauhahuha.. this guy is too weird. if he married me our whole lifetime will be like WW 3 :confused:

Hello welcome here.  Good to meet another Park Min Young fan here :heart:  Hahaha I don't think that is entirely the reason why he is marrying her.  It may seem at first but it's definitely more to it than meets the eye.  They are both clueless as to how they feel for one another and just the thought of how they will come to realize this in the coming episodes excites me to the max hahaha.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

chingus annyeong!!! first time to post in this thread. finally, i was able to watch episodes 1 and 2 today, and i must say that this drama looks promising. worth the wait!!!

so refreshing to see Park Min Young again, she looks even more gorgeous than ever. looking forward to watching this live next week!!! 

On 9.6.2018 at 10:57 AM, Igotcaughtdancingagain said:

I love PMY's ponytailed hair, so simple yet stylish and gorgeous!  it fits her so well and her character.  she is glowing radiantly, so beautiful!  

yes! i noticed her hair too! great to see her in long hair again.. she looks so gorg with her pony tailed hair. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit your previous post instead. Thanks! :)
  • Like 6

Park Min Young Is All Smiles Behind-The-Scenes Of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim?”

Park-Min-Young-2.jpg

“What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim?” is about a narcissistic vice president of a company Lee Young Joon (played by Park Seo Joon) and his loyal and efficient secretary Kim Mi So (played by Park Min Young) and the romance that ensues when she quits her job.

Park Min Young is receiving a lot of love through her bright portrayal of girl crush Kim Mi So. Not only is she a source of positive energy during the scenes, but she embodies optimism behind the scenes as well. In the photos, she is seen laughing with her co-stars Pyo Ye Jin and Hong Ji Yoon, and she stays bright even when she’s filming by herself. When she’s not smiling, she’s glued to her script, focusing on her lines.

Spoiler

Park-Min-Young-11.jpg

A source from the drama stated, “Park Min Young and Kim Mi So’s visuals, personalities, and charms are surprisingly in-sync. It’s to the point where on site, she’s called, ‘the real-life Kim Mi So.’ Park Min Young is immersing even more so into Kim Mi So, who is similar to her, gaining empathy from viewers. Her bright positivity and sunny smile bring a good energy when filming. Please look forward to seeing Park Min Young’s charms on the drama.”

https://www.soompi.com/2018/06/10/park-min-young-smiles-behind-scenes-whats-wrong-secretary-kim/

• Like 11

Annyeong! This is my first ever post on this thread and enjoyed all your posts from the very first page.  Happy to see other PMY fans here @Igotcaughtdancingagain @saved2K @hrh77 @OksanaS @minwoojin Forgive me if I missed out the others. Been away for long. And this drama had pulled me back to kdramaland and enjoying every minute of it. Yay! Tried LSng, watched raw and been watching episodes 1 & 2 with subs on repeat. Re-reading the webtoon too (not actually reading per se because it's in Hangul but more of looking at the illustrations.) :D

They don't stray away from the webtoon that much and added some stuff which doesn't affect the whole story line. I've read somewhere that there are some who sort of didn't like having a backstory that the main leads knew each other when they were kids since it's very common in kdrama. But since this is based on the novel/webtoon, what can they do since it's part of their story? 

The casts are great! Keep Loling on every comedic scene especially the banter between LYJ and KMS. 

Someone here asked about the older brother. See spoiler :wink:

Spoiler

He stayed abroad and is a popular writer. He'll come back to Korea and will add more stress to LYJ's wooing KMS. He's curious about LYJ's personal secretary (KMS) and even asked their mother if she's pretty in front of LYJ.  That's why LYJ will do his best for them not to meet but of course they would still meet. He's not KMS's brother. LYJ and him had already had some sibling rivalry since they were kids. One reason is because LYJ's a genius that he even skipped a few grades and became his older brother's classmate. 

I'll stop here for now. :D 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 6

Hi. I'm usually a lurker but this drama gives me feels so I had to post. So I was looking for the webtoon to spoil myself because I can't wait until Wed. After googling the chinese title 金助理怎么突然这样 (I can't read or speak chinese/korean but too broke for eng trans so I'm just looking at pics), I found the chapter where ep 2 left off with the amusement park date. So I am here to spoil and spazz. This is all based on my visual understanding of pics by the way.

Spoiler

During the date, YJ tried to be "sweet" again and when he saw MS shivering, he gave her his coat to wear. The most important part was after the date when he took her home. He gave her a huge bouquet of red roses to end their "Blockbuster date" (I'm not sure how the drama will interpret that scene since she's allergic to flowers in the drama). MS gave him 2 boxes of pocky/pepero sticks in return. Then YJ  kept leaning closer and closer to MS. He tried to kiss her. But she covered his mouth with her hand!!! Then she ran inside her house. YJ was shook and he started laughing (he was probably amused because only Secretary Kim would turn down his kiss). Then there's a cut to MS, who didn't actually go inside her house, she was just hiding around the corner. She was BLUSHING. Then cut to YJ back in his house. He just showered and now he's eating the pocky MS gave him without a shirt on (TVN please keep that scene so I can see PSJ half-naked for the 3rd time in this drama lol).

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

K-Drama Reaction: Why Secretary Kim | Episode 2

fotor_152863577931726.jpg

And the challenge to keep Secretary Kim continues!

DATING BEFORE MARRIAGE

Yoomyung Group vice president Lee Young-joon’s (Park Seo-joon) dilemma shifted from why his trusted secretary Kim Min-so (Park Min-young) suddenly wants to resign to why she doesn’t want to marry him. LOL. Seriously? He calls himself ‘perfect,’ but he doesn’t know the answer to this very simple question? Go ahead Mr. Park Yoo-sik (Kang Ki-young), enlighten your clueless best friend about the matter.

Full article here: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/06/10/k-drama-reaction-why-secretary-kim-episode-2/

• Like 5

On 6/7/2018 at 4:27 AM, triplem said:

Is it possible to watch 7 ongoing dramas ??!!! I’m dying of drama overload but I got distracted on IG and ended up watching all the cuts . :D very cute first episode. The proposal was unexpected! Poor gal ...I understand why she quit . It’s a real legitimate reason when you have no life left . It seems somewhat like a contract marriage of sorts . 

@RobinM @dramaninja How many dramas are you guys watching ?  :o

Me too, I have had to put 3 really good ones on hold and I keep adding more. At least one is going to end next week:tongue: I really should have not even looked at this one, but I couldn't help myself. I'm loving PSJ on this role, always love PMY. I don't always like her dramas but I've had a soft spot in my heart for her since I watched her in The Unstoppable High Kick.  Now I'm hooked on this drama...

@UnniSarahdragonhiplz.gif?1I'm a little late to the party too but this drama is just too good not to watch. I'm looking forward to watching her make him pay. naughty.png

On 6/7/2018 at 11:49 AM, aroma83 said:

The preview is gold: She fixes some other man's tie - the ultimate betrayal.... 

He can't be oblivious than.... basically in love with her for 9 years and doesn't know it

And i think their relationship goes beyond those 9 years, they probably met as children... his nightmare and trauma may be related to her

He really is too much, first stalking her 

i6LRkLA.png

Then the look of betrayal/disbelief when she dares to fix another man's tieBuRzqs1.png 

dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif And we haven't seen her reaction to this yet. I can't wait to see the look on face. This show reminds me of the old romcoms from the 50'sand 60's that I grew up watching on the old movie channels. I hope it stays true to the comedy part. You are right about them meeting when they were kids, they do share that childhood trauma.  Of course he will be that oppa she's looking for.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

11 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Side point, I wish there were dramas where the male lead is a secretary an  he as in love with his boss.Something like the move The Proposal.

You dont see that much at all.

I would love to see a drama that has this plot line. Lol! It'll be hilarious. :D

7 minutes ago, evie7 said:

He really is too much, first stalking her 

Then the look of betrayal/disbelief when she dares to fix another man's tie

dead-onion-head-emoticon.gif And we haven't seen her reaction to this yet. I can't wait to see the look on face. This show reminds me of the old romcoms from the 50'sand 60's that I grew up watching on the old movie channels. I hope it stays true to the comedy part. You are right about them meeting when they were kids, they do share that childhood trauma.  Of course he will be that oppa she's looking for.

That reaction face is coming tomorrow. He's going to overhear that she has a blind date and stalk her, then yells at her for fixing another man's tie. Lol! Very looking forward to the episode tomorrow. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, syifa said:

Where i coud read webtoon version? Thanks.

Most the link to read this webtoon is not free. If you can read Hangul, check out kakaopage. But if you want Eng subs, then check out the tappytoon - although I don't think they have a complete chapters. I think somebody also said that there is a chinese link, but you have to back read this forum. All the links are already discussed in this forum.

4 hours ago, labyrinth525 said:

Annyeong! This is my first ever post on this thread and enjoyed all your posts from the very first page.  Happy to see other PMY fans here @Igotcaughtdancingagain @saved2K @hrh77 @OksanaS @minwoojin Forgive me if I missed out the others. Been away for long. And this drama had pulled me back to kdramaland and enjoying every minute of it. Yay! Tried LSng, watched raw and been watching episodes 1 & 2 with subs on repeat. Re-reading the webtoon too (not actually reading per se because it's in Hangul but more of looking at the illustrations.) :D

They don't stray away from the webtoon that much and added some stuff which doesn't affect the whole story line. I've read somewhere that there are some who sort of didn't like having a backstory that the main leads knew each other when they were kids since it's very common in kdrama. But since this is based on the novel/webtoon, what can they do since it's part of their story? 

The casts are great! Keep Loling on every comedic scene especially the banter between LYJ and KMS. 

Someone here asked about the older brother. See spoiler :wink:

Hide contents

I am glad we have you here who has read/view the complete webtoon. Your insight is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, shiroazn said:

Hi. I'm usually a lurker but this drama gives me feels so I had to post. So I was looking for the webtoon to spoil myself because I can't wait until Wed. After googling the chinese title 金助理怎么突然这样 (I can't read or speak chinese/korean but too broke for eng trans so I'm just looking at pics), I found the chapter where ep 2 left off with the amusement park date. So I am here to spoil and spazz. This is all based on my visual understanding of pics by the way.

Hide contents

During the date, YJ tried to be "sweet" again and when he saw MS shivering, he gave her his coat to wear. The most important part was after the date when he took her home. He gave her a huge bouquet of red roses to end their "Blockbuster date" (I'm not sure how the drama will interpret that scene since she's allergic to flowers in the drama). MS gave him 2 boxes of pocky/pepero sticks in return. Then YJ  kept leaning closer and closer to MS. He tried to kiss her. But she covered his mouth with her hand!!! Then she ran inside her house. YJ was shook and he started laughing (he was probably amused because only Secretary Kim would turn down his kiss). Then there's a cut to MS, who didn't actually go inside her house, she was just hiding around the corner. She was BLUSHING. Then cut to YJ back in his house. He just showered and now he's eating the pocky MS gave him without a shirt on (TVN please keep that scene so I can see PSJ half-naked for the 3rd time in this drama lol).

:D Thank you for your info. 

Also excited about the topless LYJ. Will PD really show topless PSJ in every episode? :wub:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I’m currently reading WSK webtoon in English on Tappytoon. This is not too spoilery and it made me LOLed so much I wanted to share with guys.

7_F57_AA6_D-73_FC-401_D-9588-_A44842_D6_

Also I strongly dislike his brother from what I read so far.

• Like 6

Hi guys! Decided to check out this drama because of Park Min Young. :)

As far as I have understood the show is based off of a webtoon. I have never read it, so I have no idea what's going to happen... Of course, it does seem like our two leads are connected somehow from childhood already.

I like the fun airy mood of the show, and have found myself laughing over the characters' silly antics. So I will definitely keep on watching it. :)

One thing that intrigues me is to see how they develop the main lead's narcissism. He seems to be suffering from narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), which is something you cannot be "cured" from. I hope that the drama doesn't over-glorify narcissism,  or have him miraculously overnight become empathetic and truly loving to Secretary Kim. It just wouldn't make sense.

Being in a relationship with a narcissist or having a boss/parent who is a narcissist, can be highly damaging to the victim. Different types of narcissists behave in different ways, but the other person in the relationship (child, husband/wife, subordinate, etc) will always be victimized in one way or the other by the narcissist.

One of my friends has written a book about narcissism, and one interesting thing she told me, is that almost always the victim who is in a love relationship with a narcissist, is a narcissist himself/herself too... Usually of another type or of a lesser degree. The victim will do everything in his/her power to keep the narcissist happy. BUT the victim will exhibit the same narcissistic tendencies to someone she/he perceives weaker than her/him (e.g. a pet, child, friend). Narcissists tend to attract each other... The most common advice would be to stay as far away from narcissists as possible, if you have a choice, that is.

Narcissism is a subject that is complex and serious. Now, as this is a drama, I don't have high hopes that they will depict this subject in a realistic manner. "I Remember You" (depicting psychopaths) and "Kill Me, Heal Me" (depicting dissociative identity disorder aka multiple personality disorder) did a good job of keeping realism in the loop. So, let's see how the story progresses. :)

• Like 10
  • Confused 2

59 minutes ago, partyon said:

Hi guys! Decided to check out this drama because of Park Min Young. :)

As far as I have understood the show is based off of a webtoon. I have never read it, so I have no idea what's going to happen... Of course, it does seem like our two leads are connected somehow from childhood already.

I like the fun airy mood of the show, and have found myself laughing over the characters' silly antics. So I will definitely keep on watching it. :)

One thing that intrigues me is to see how they develop the main lead's narcissism. He seems to be suffering from narcissistic personality disorder (NPD), which is something you cannot be "cured" from. I hope that the drama doesn't over-glorify narcissism,  or have him miraculously overnight become empathetic and truly loving to Secretary Kim. It just wouldn't make sense.

Being in a relationship with a narcissist or having a boss/parent who is a narcissist, can be highly damaging to the victim. Different types of narcissists behave in different ways, but the other person in the relationship (child, husband/wife, subordinate, etc) will always be victimized in one way or the other by the narcissist.

One of my friends has written a book about narcissism, and one interesting thing she told me, is that almost always the victim who is in a love relationship with a narcissist, is a narcissist himself/herself too... Usually of another type or of a lesser degree. The victim will do everything in his/her power to keep the narcissist happy. BUT the victim will exhibit the same narcissistic tendencies to someone she/he perceives weaker than her/him (e.g. a pet, child, friend). Narcissists tend to attract each other... The most common advice would be to stay as far away from narcissists as possible, if you have a choice, that is.

Narcissism is a subject that is complex and serious. Now, as this is a drama, I don't have high hopes that they will depict this subject in a realistic manner. "I Remember You" (depicting psychopaths) and "Kill Me, Heal Me" (depicting dissociative identity disorder aka multiple personality disorder) did a good job of keeping realism in the loop. So, let's see how the story progresses. :)

He aint even that overboard compare to other leads in kdrama who are not even narcissistic.

• Like 12

Side note 2: I think after mean  hardships in a relationship I just going to walk up to my girl and just stare at her she might think I am crazy but dramas taught me that is the way to go.

Please nothing like this in this drama!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4