[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I guess the reason he hate women is because the lady in red shoes.

I don’t think he hates women, is only he can’t stand skin ship with women for some reason as you say (The Lady in red shoes)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, camichi said:

I don’t think he hates women, is only he can’t stand skin ship with women for some reason as you say (The Lady in red shoes)

I mean he said he hastes women himself just that Kim is different because its her.

• Like 4

On 08/06/2018 at 4:00 PM, turtle0217 said:

I somehow have a feeling that LYJ's hyung is adopted, that's why he doesn't deal with the company and he can be related somehow to KMS..? I have a feeling that when both boys were young, something bad happened and caused them both to have nightmares, because I keep watching the long trailer and seems like the brother is having the same nightmares, too. Also feels like KMS will get entangled with the brother as well. Just a guess. 

I agree with you, maybe your guessing is ok, because she said in ep 2 that after quitting her job she will have to look for her brother. What brother? A lost one? Maybe the two brother and she are related in some way.

On 08/06/2018 at 8:51 PM, Dramanoona said:

PS. The blind date is Park Byung Eun - Sang Goo from Because this is my first life?

Yesss, i love him since BTIMFL...i hope he can be in the drama for a while and not for a simple cameo.  

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t post consecutively within an hour. Edit to add
  • Like 1

I am new in this thread. I only involves in a soompi thread where the drama caught my attention deeply (I spent so much time watching spoiler, then raw and then subs). Just like this drama (last drama made me like this is Suspicious Partner). I have read all the comments from page 1 and surely looking forward for reading more for the remaining episodes. 

I understand that some of you seem already have read the webtoon. Your insights are appreciated. I tried to read the tappytoon, since it is the one with English, but only three chapters free. I do expect that we need to pay, but so far from I am reading, it seems that the review of the app was not that good. Therefore, I cancel my payment and will just look forward how the drama is going and some spoiler from some of you who already read the webtoon. My question for the webtoon was that is it true it is not completed yet? But the webtoon was adapted from a web novel, which I assumed it is already completed. So, people who read the novel or webtoon should know the ending of the drama, right?

I love Park Min Young. She is always successful in building good chemistry with her co-partners in the drama. She is even more adorable in variety show like Busted (the way she interacts with Yoon Yeon Seok -- I wonder when will she be paired with him in a drama, or the way she fall down bumping her head to the floor but still laughing). She is smart, but normal detective (I remember the episode where the Busted detectives had to compete with smart-genius and quite unusual detectives). I also like Park Seo Joon, even though I didn't watch too many work of him (I only watch drama if I feel that the casting is right for the story line that I like). I only watch him in Witch's Romance and Be With You. The reality show he got into the Youn's Kitchen is telling me that he is smart and lovable. So, since the casting process, this drama has caught my attention. 

I will not complain about how the K-drama always have a dark side in the past and how the lead actors have met since childhood since it was said that the drama is adapted from the web novel and webtoon with the same title. They did not say it was a spin off either. So, they basically just adapt the story into a moving picture. 

I will also not complain about the characters so far --- since I only watch 2 episodes. For me, I can relate to those characters since I met those similar characters in real life. Not part about the being chaebol in Korea though. So, that's why I can understand, how a narcissistic Alpha Male like LYJ can be so annoying but my work life would not be that memorable without boss like him (by the way, I was not a secretary, but I did have a boss similar to LYJ's character). I can also understand KMS's decision of resigning due to burn out and want to pursue her other personal dream leaving a nice and well-paid position of a big company. I just did something like KMS (not for marriage though).  So, for me this drama is very interesting to make me spare time this much.

So, looking forward for all your comments/reviews and spoilers. Waiting for a week is a torture. And I don't like so many ongoing K-drama nowadays - only watching Miss Hamurabi, Lawless Lawyer and What's Wrong with Secretary Kim. 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, hrh77 said:

You are really missing a lot with PMY, heheheh... You can never go wrong with her dramas........ Sungkyukwan Scandal, Healer and Queen for Seven Days are my fave of her....... This drama might be the next...... and I love all of his leading men on those dramas too....

Nice to see you here @hrh77 and @minwoojin .  Yes this drama might be our next favorite.... so far so good.  Hope to see more of you here.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jaefan said:

Reveal hidden contents

You're very welcome! Yes, like what I said, he mentioned to Mi So that she shouldn't tell him to be considerate towards her is in fact, because he knows and remembers her.

Thanks! :) I thought he only said that because YJ gave MS a chance when she messed up 9 years ago while they were in the US. Can't wait for all the mystery to be revealed!

• Like 2

is this drama based on the webtoon?? lol i was still thinking the past for both of them has something to do with KMS mom.. since she only spoke of her problematic dad (in debt from borrowing with loansharks) and her 2 sisters.. or it could be LYJ’s dad? :huh: maybe i should go read up on the webtoon!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

Thanks! :) I thought he only said that because YJ gave MS a chance when she messed up 9 years ago while they were in the US. Can't wait for all the mystery to be revealed!

I thought so too and all the other perks he has given him.  Eagerly waiting for the back story to unfold.  

Thanks to all who have read the webtoon for giving us bits and pieces of info that help us understand and appreciate the drama evenmore.  

• Like 2

OMG. I think I am going crazy because of this drama. I just collected more than 15 interesting pictures out of the webtoon. They should at least give us 5 days of week to broadcast this drama. Not only Wed and Thu. *sighing*

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, saved2K said:

Nice to see you here @hrh77 and @minwoojin .  Yes this drama might be our next favorite.... so far so good.  Hope to see more of you here.

LOL...you should know me. Wherever MY goes...I go. Good thing each of her drama choices keeps getting better and better...ahahaha.

HD Stills of previously....

Can't wait for the coming scenes, when Lee Young Joon really gets jealous and the intimate scenes starts...LOL

88d633e2gy1fs5vh1td4ij21kw11xdls.jpg

88d633e2gy1fs5vh1s0uwj21kw11xwn6.jpg

88d633e2gy1fs5vh1ul63j21kw11x463.jpg

Spoiler

88d633e2gy1fs5vh1sv27j21kw11x45f.jpg

And what secretary in their right mind would dare do this to their boss? Only KMS...lol

Spoiler

88d633e2gy1fs5rz5w5opg20i20a5u12.gif

Edited by triplem
4th image onwards needs to go into spoiler. TQ.
  • Like 10

16 minutes ago, minwoojin said:

Hide contents

And what secretary in their right mind would dare do this to their boss? Only KMS...lol

Because she is actually already acting like his wifey..... LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

13 hours ago, jaefan said:

This webtoon is not completed yet. Do you read Chinese? If so, I can pm you where to read it but it's not absolutely free all the way too.

Reveal hidden contents

Park Seo Joon mentioned how in this world the two people who shouldn't ask him to be considerate towards them are Park Min Young(Mi So) and Lee Tae Hwan(Sung Yeon, if they follow the webtoon) and yes it's because of what happened in the past. The 2 sort of owed him quite a lot from the incident that happened. The incident is also why Park Min Young is so afraid of spiders, and why Park Seo Joon does not mention much about his young self and in a way, hates women. Except, Mi So of course.

Hi @jaefan -  I do read Chinese... can you please be so kind to pm me? Thank you so much!! :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aisling said:

Here you go, I found this for English reading fans. First 3 chapters are free, then you need to subscribe. It’s amazing how closely WSK team adapted the show from the manga. 

Tappytoon - Why Secretary Kim

Thank you soo much!

7 hours ago, camichi said:

I agree with you, maybe your guessing is ok, because she said in ep 2 that after quitting her job she will have to look for her brother. What brother? A lost one? Maybe the two brother and she are related in some way.

I went back and watched the 5 minute long trailer, there was a little girl at the dark place with a boy, too. So it's very tricky now. I keep thinking that LYJ's hyung is her brother and she's adopted into her current family..? She and her brother was at an orphanage place and got separated? 

We'll find out soon, eventually.

• Like 4

I had a silly thought while re-watching the 2nd episode. I saw this picture and thought...hmmm...the person Lee Young Joon was talking to looked like president Barack Obama. So I looked up when president Obama's terms was and it's exactly 9 years ago in 2009! LOL.

image.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

4 minutes ago, minwoojin said:

I had a silly thought while re-watching the 2nd episode. I saw this picture and thought...hmmm...the person Lee Young Joon was talking to looked like president Barack Obama. So I looked up when president Obama's terms was and it's exactly 9 years ago in 2009! LOL.

OMG... I didn't notice that the person he met was actually Barack Obama. Damn. This drama is good. I know the picture was probably photoshopped, but just thinking of making this picture with BO in it ... it's just.. it's just superb. Very attention to details. 

1 hour ago, joyue_1 said:

Hi @jaefan -  I do read Chinese... can you please be so kind to pm me? Thank you so much!! :)

I think, the one in kakaopage is already complete, but all in hangul. In the tappytoon, it's already English subtitled, however, I don't think it's complete yet --- judging from the cover picture and other hints. Both of them are not free. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, minwoojin said:

Glad  they put in my awesome ex president!

• Like 6

love love the shower scenes of PSJ!!! If that can go all all episodes, that be great lol!!! Ep 2 was great, I also wondered why he doesn't like women touching him or who is that woman with red lipstick and shoes in his nightmare?? Also, I'm curious how his brother is going to pursue PMS? Because he is second lead.....right? Aiyayayaya Wed and Thursday hurry up!!!

• Like 5