[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

12 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

About the poster. It figures that once a drama starts making it big, there will be people looking to bring it down.

About Lee Tae Hwan's character - not the evil brother as such but there is tension between the brothers because of a past event. It's love/hate I would guess.

Probably these people are just seeking attention. or maybe have some self esteem problem??? so making bad comments about anything or anybody make them feel better about themselves .... as if they are above the people they are attacking.

There are some who really enjoy doing this.... misery loves company so I guess they are just miserable:anguished:

• Like 6

11 hours ago, pinkroses said:

Falling in love with this drama

PMY and PSJ rock the drama

obviously, both of them feel something towards each other. Hahaha

Aigoo Park Min Young.... what are you doing to my poor heart.... because of you, I keep on jumping ship.  Please don't make me fall in love with this clueless couple hahaha.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

Kim Mi Soo - - - > Her problem is beacause LYJ is narcissistic , that he is incapable of loving someone else. He is also rich, perfect and very mean. He spends so much time thinking about himself , that he doesn't know what she likes, her fears or her dreams.  

Lee Young Joon - - -> He likes Secretary Kim because she is honest , perfect and can defend herself. Ironically he molded her to be his mate without putting much effort to train her. She is the only woman he allows to touch him.  

I want to know why LYJ is narcissistic. I hope there's a good reason for it (like something related with his dreams) because if there isn't, I might be a little disappointed (not that it will affect my enjoyment of the show, I'd still love it).

As for KMS, my little feminist heart was a little disappointed that she was running around serving LYJ (although I understand that this is already in the manwha, and therefore, it is part of the story) but I'm happy that she's about to quit and is dead set on putting herself first.

Also, my 10-year old son who's a fan of Busted loves Park Min Young's character in that show because she's a smart detective there. He's looking forward to the second season, which may only be released later in the year or next year since PMY is busy shooting this series.

• Like 5

I understand Young Joon set out to show Mi So what it feels like not working for him, perks and attention wise.  I hope that gives her more push to go forward with leaving him.  To see that comfort sometimes prevent her from fully experience anything new.  The unknown is scary but the journey to do it with your own abilities, isn't that something she wants?  Plus, I feel like he is patronizing her in some way, thinking that he helps her but in a way, discounted her skills.

• Like 3

On 08/06/2018 at 12:30 PM, Mapleoaks5 said:

Does anyone know if this webtoon is completed? and where I can read it? I found it on tappytoons but its done after a few episodes. Thanks!

This webtoon is not completed yet. Do you read Chinese? If so, I can pm you where to read it but it's not absolutely free all the way too.

15 hours ago, crazyyo said:

Is his character villian type in webtoon? :huh:

The brother is not a villain,

but he is not a normal guy.. mentally. (like not crazy crazy but needs help)

11 hours ago, minwoojin said:

I think they both "molded" each other to be what they are in the present "perfect". Anybody also notice secretary Kim don't like to be touched by woman also?

I definitely noticed this as well and upon reading the webtoon, there's a reason too.

After reading the webtoon, I'm very pleasantly surprised to see how much material the tvn crew can work with, like what some of the peeps here mentioned, something really traumatic happened in the past when they were very young. And judging from how the drama has been following the webtoon so far, I am highly anticipating how are they going to touch on the event years ago. 

I'm now going to mention some things that are giving more details on what Park Seo Joon said about consideration and they are going to spoil a teeny little so please, proceed with caution.

Park Seo Joon mentioned how in this world the two people who shouldn't ask him to be considerate towards them are Park Min Young(Mi So) and Lee Tae Hwan(Sung Yeon, if they follow the webtoon) and yes it's because of what happened in the past. The 2 sort of owed him quite a lot from the incident that happened. The incident is also why Park Min Young is so afraid of spiders, and why Park Seo Joon does not mention much about his young self and in a way, hates women. Except, Mi So of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

@jaefan Thanks for the information! I have a question about what you said:

Spoiler

Since you said that YJ's brother and Mi So owes him a lot, then does he know that the incident that has happened years ago involves Mi So? Or does he not know who Mi So is?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Igotcaughtdancingagain said:

Hello everyone, I am new in the thread but I am a long time fan of Park Min Young.  Gosh she is fantastic, fabulous and gorgeous in WSK.  I never imagine that she can be in a romcom without having hard time jelling with the rest of the cast.  She has so much finesse in her comedic timing, she is slaying it.  She was born for Kim Mi So.  She gives justice to the webtoon character as well.  

I love love WSK, ep1 and ep2 draws so much attention from the fans and the viewing public.  so happy for PMY and of course for PSJ.  WSK is refreshingly funny, light hearted, interesting.  I hope it continue to be like this until the end.

Fighting PMY and PSJ and all the cast of WhatswrongwithSecretaryKIM

I already saw her comedy potentials in Healer.... thou that drama is not mainly focus on comedy, but the early episodes are.... The humor her dancing, singing and drunk....... Even in 7dq, on early episodes as well.... She always slay!!...

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

@jaefan Thanks for the information! I have a question about what you said:

Hide contents

Since you said that YJ's brother and Mi So owes him a lot, then does he know that the incident that has happened years ago involves Mi So? Or does he not know who Mi So is?

You're very welcome! Yes, like what I said, he mentioned to Mi So that she shouldn't tell him to be considerate towards her is in fact, because he knows and remembers her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

10 hours ago, lufra said:

This is so random, but PSJ's house reminds me of HB's house in "Secret Garden" drama many years ago! Anyone here thinks the same?

Meanwhile LOL at PSJ's character! He is so full of himself!!  :lol::lol:

Yes you are right....... Since Hyun Bin's character also in Secret Garden is also a narcisisit.... hehehe...  I also love PSJ's background musics lol..... that drum trolling, hahaaa.... then the scene where he couldn't sleep, etc....

On 8.6.2018 at 6:38 AM, Dramanoona said:

Officially...he is a goner. Heart taken. Just he doesn't realise it's love yet.

He has his work cut out to woo her (in his own fumbling way)

From the preview, the only man she can ever tie a tie for would only be LYJ ^^

She reminds me of that bangs on Healer....

On 8.6.2018 at 7:51 AM, azimuth said:

Went ahead and gave this a shot. So far I'm pretty pleased with the silly/serious, romantic/dramatic balance. Tentatively, because there are a lot of different ways "lighthearted romances" seem to derail past the first few good episodes.

I haven't watched anything with Park Min-Young in it before, really impressed so far at her ability to convey subtle emotions (flickers of concern and "wait a minute I actually kind of feel..." at the end of Episode 2). 

You are really missing a lot with PMY, heheheh... You can never go wrong with her dramas........ Sungkyukwan Scandal, Healer and Queen for Seven Days are my fave of her....... This drama might be the next...... and I love all of his leading men on those dramas too....

On 8.6.2018 at 1:03 AM, aisling said:

Park Seo Joon surprised me with his comedic timing… but I still like his quieter scenes where he acts with his eyes and shows his vulnerability more…

I like PSJ, from Hwarang and Fight for My Way..... then this one, so on point... Im really LOL'ing on his role...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 7.6.2018 at 3:58 PM, triplem said:

helllllooooo. Good to see you here. Yes , I loved how fast the pace was. And they fleshed the main leads really well. I completely cracked up at all the scenes. His parents are a little kooky. Love it. I believe they really want her to be their daughter in law. And Mr I am perfect with amazing aura is seriously clueless about women. He is quite full of himself right now but I just couldn't stop laughing at his scenes. Also I think PMY's quick change in expression when she has to put up a front & when she looks away is really good.

---------------------------------------------

ahahaha, she didn't take his proposal seriously....thougth he was drunk

I am not posting all the YT links but just a few that caught my attention. Very nice flashback how she first got hired . She really didn't know much, could not tie a tie etc. But he hired her somehow.  A lot of tears in her first year.

In a bid to make himself more accessible or maybe to win her over he joined them at the BBQ place. Culture shock. ahaha asked for whisky and got scolded by lady boss..only beer here.

he even had to humour his staff & agreed to play some games...

Hide contents

I just love their "bad omens" coz their boss is coming... LOL...... And the whiskey, where the ahjumma scolded him.... so funny...

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 2
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

I guess the reason he hate women is because the lady in red shoes.

I'm wondering the same, too. That's why he doesn't let women touch him besides KMS. Like probably 9 years ago, when she first started she didn't touch him, but she slowly made approaches on him and he felt comfortable that's why he's okay with her touching him, but not other women.

Also now that I think about it and try to put pieces together, LYJ and his Hyung and KMS all have fear. KMS is afraid of spiders, LYJ and Hyung has similar nightmares. When they were little, were all three trapped somewhere and something happened?

4 hours ago, jaefan said:

This webtoon is not completed yet. Do you read Chinese? If so, I can pm you where to read it but it's not absolutely free all the way too.

I can't read chinese, but is there anyway someone can tell me where the webtoon is? I tried googling it, but I only got pictures.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

I can't read chinese, but is there anyway someone can tell me where the webtoon is? I tried googling it, but I only got pictures.

Here you go, I found this for English reading fans. First 3 chapters are free, then you need to subscribe. It’s amazing how closely WSK team adapted the show from the manga. 

Tappytoon - Why Secretary Kim

BB72329_E-2_D70-4_A22-80_C7-_E0229234_CA

@jaefan Oh wow, that information you gave us redefines their whole relationship! 

Spoiler

So when she started working for him he already knew who she was? So what exactly happened when they were children? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jaefan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

but he is not a normal guy.. mentally. (like not crazy crazy but needs help)

Hide contents

Park Seo Joon mentioned how in this world the two people who shouldn't ask him to be considerate towards them are Park Min Young(Mi So) and Lee Tae Hwan(Sung Yeon, if they follow the webtoon) and yes it's because of what happened in the past. The 2 sort of owed him quite a lot from the incident that happened. The incident is also why Park Min Young is so afraid of spiders, and why Park Seo Joon does not mention much about his young self and in a way, hates women. Except, Mi So of course.

Spoiler

So does this mean that Lee Young Joon knew who Kim Mi So was all along? That she was that little girl? And that's why he gave her second chances from 9 years ago?

Ooopss...sorry apparently I've asked the question before reading down further you've already answered them..LOL

• Like 3

Finally, I could watch the two episodes. I really liked, I like the main cast too, but I have to say that I hope this will be more than a Handsome man trying to chase a pretty and intelligent woman.

I like the fact that our heroine is smart enough to put her interests and her happiness first, and is really, good to see a Drama where the girl loves herself and wants to find a lover and built what would be the most important for her (Family).

My two cents.

Of course, he really likes her, but he prefers to think that he only wants to keep her by his side only because she is the perfect secretary and is the person that knows him better. I think Kim Mi So likes him and she is aware of it and that’s the reason she wants to quit and be away of him.

I am not sure, but she talked about finding his brother, maybe I am wrong, but it looks that the PD will be introducing the issues little by little.

In the preview she was fixing another man´s tie and he looks like crazy, that simple act that has united them for some years and is very intimate at least for him, and her behavior could seem as a betrayal.

piece of cake

• Like 5