[Drama 2018] What is Wrong with Secretary Kim, 김비서가 왜 그럴까

0ly40

:w00t:WooHoo more Seo-Joon scenes without his shirt!:w00t:

I was DYING at Young-Joon's robotic expression throughout their amusement park rides:lol: And after all that, Mi-So's hair still remains flawless^_^ Things are really heating up between these 2 as now his older brother makes an appearance<_<

Why Drama you torture me LoL?! There were SO many scenes within 2 ep. of Mi-So/Young-Joon just inches from each other's faces!:phew::blink: Like Young-Joon's Hyung would say "Why do you hate me so much?" - that's what I like to know as well.. 

His mom was a hoot! She left her purse behind to get Young-Joon to come to dinner HA. Interesting that Mi-So/Young-Joon both suffer from phobia/trauma. His are cable ties while hers - spiders. Wonder if they both met when they were kids as it usually is in K-dramas?

Can't wait for more ep. I'm lovin' it:D

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

Hi folks! This is my first time posting in this thread and I'm glad many are in love with this webtoon adaptation. PYM and PSJ nailed their respective characters. I read up to 147 of the webtoon and I'm loving every scenes the drama has included in each episodes. It's totally worth watching. So finger's crossed in there first kiss scene cause the one that I read was so heart bursting. :wub::wub:

Dfs_RNeb_U0_AEuet_O.jpg Ctto

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, jongdaewae said:

Can someone give me spoiler about the storyline-the ending of WSK based on its novel/webtoon?

36 minutes ago, angelguccio said:

Where can I read the webtoons? 

someone shared the Korean and Chinese webtoon link here, you may need to back read this thread. as for Eng comic, I saw someone said have to pay for it at tappytoon

I think the comic is still continuing, as kakao page is released up to ch. 86. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@theonlyone88 thanks for the great insight!! haha does qqcomics require subscription fee? can pm me the link pleaseeee :D

@Latte_Anyday ^5 to shirtless scenes lol oops! and, im getting envious of KMS!! like, im working as a secretary too for so darn many years but ive never encountered any of such calibre bosses <_< am i supposed to quit and change company soon? its all old men.. or maybe, the younger ones are all in korea..

• Like 4

@Ondine Wow! Thanks a lot for your help!

@theonlyone88 Thanks for providing the whole backstory to us. It’s heartbreaking knowing what YJ had to go through. On top of the trauma of the kidnapping he has to take s-h-i-t from his hyung even though it was hyung’s fault all along. I have few questions I’d like to ask additionally.

Spoiler

How did a 9yo boy convince that woman not to kill them?

Did he directly tell her to kill herself instead?

Did YJ and MS know each other before being kidnapped? We saw them playing together in a flashback.

Why do her sisters pretend she was never kidnapped? 

Why didn’t YJ try to find MS after that kidnapping?

Why does he pretend not to know her when he hired her?

• Like 6

On 9 June 2018 at 11:55 PM, hrh77 said:

I already saw her comedy potentials in Healer.... thou that drama is not mainly focus on comedy, but the early episodes are.... The humor her dancing, singing and drunk....... Even in 7dq, on early episodes as well.... She always slay!!...

I agree she has this comedic timing as far as SKKS, yes she always slay.  I hope she does a lot of romcom and comedy variety show such as Busted too. 

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, aisling said:

@Ondine Wow! Thanks a lot for your help!

@theonlyone88 Thanks for providing the whole backstory to us. It’s heartbreaking knowing what YJ had to go through. On top of the trauma of the kidnapping he has to take s-h-i-t from his hyung even though it was hyung’s fault all along. I have few questions I’d like to ask additionally.

Hide contents

Did YJ and MS know each other before being kidnapped? We saw them playing together in a flashback.

Spoiler

1) It was more of trying to to getting her to let go and lead a new life and assure her that they will not go to the police station if they let him them but ultimately, he was prepared to die and the woman made the decision herself.

2) The flashback is probably when they got back to Mi So's house after the kidnapping as he promised her that he will come back to look for her but when he did, they already left due to the redevelopment of the area

3) The sisters probably not not know after it was in the middle of the night and they probably come back before the day. The sisters and father were also preoccupied with their mum staying in the hospital with a terminal illness.

4) YK had to pretend that he had lost his memories of the incident and probably wanted to shield her from recovering her memories of the incident as well.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

On 10 June 2018 at 11:07 PM, labyrinth525 said:

Annyeong! This is my first ever post on this thread and enjoyed all your posts from the very first page.  Happy to see other PMY fans here @Igotcaughtdancingagain @saved2K @hrh77 @OksanaS @minwoojin Forgive me if I missed out the others. Been away for long. And this drama had pulled me back to kdramaland and enjoying every minute of it. Yay! Tried LSng, watched raw and been watching episodes 1 & 2 with subs on repeat. Re-reading the webtoon too (not actually reading per se because it's in Hangul but more of looking at the illustrations.) :D

They don't stray away from the webtoon that much and added some stuff which doesn't affect the whole story line. I've read somewhere that there are some who sort of didn't like having a backstory that the main leads knew each other when they were kids since it's very common in kdrama. But since this is based on the novel/webtoon, what can they do since it's part of their story? 

The casts are great! Keep Loling on every comedic scene especially the banter between LYJ and KMS. 

Someone here asked about the older brother. See spoiler :wink:

Reveal hidden contents

He stayed abroad and is a popular writer. He'll come back to Korea and will add more stress to LYJ's wooing KMS. He's curious about LYJ's personal secretary (KMS) and even asked their mother if she's pretty in front of LYJ.  That's why LYJ will do his best for them not to meet but of course they would still meet. He's not KMS's brother. LYJ and him had already had some sibling rivalry since they were kids. One reason is because LYJ's a genius that he even skipped a few grades and became his older brother's classmate. 

I'll stop here for now. :D 

thank you sis @labyrinth525for this additional info.  yeah saw some of the illustrations from the webtoon and I am thrilled just thinking how the drama will render those scenes especially the skinships hihihi.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, aisling said:

@Ondine

Hide contents

Let me try to help... 

Spoiler

1 and 2. He tried to play along with her fantasy of them being her children at first, but she’d already wanted to kill herself when she saw the kids for the last time. Most cruel thing she did was to make Young-joon watch as she hung herself  

3. Nope, they only knew each other after they went through the whole ordeal together. The playing scene comes after he sends her home safe. 

4. Her sisters never knew because Mi-so went out on her own in the middle of the night and was back by the morning.

5. He did, but by the time he could look for her, the entire neighbourhood had been torn down for the redevelopment of the amusement park his dad’s company was building and Mi-so’s family had already moved away.

6. Young-joon did ask if she knew who he was when she first joined the company, but Mi-so didn’t recognise him at all (also because he’d changed his name from Sung-hyun to Young-joon). So I guess he decided to just watch over her from a distance. STILL LOVES HER THO AWWWW

• Like 9
  • Thanks 8

7 minutes ago, dojoed said:

Let me try to help... 

Hide contents

1 and 2. He tried to play along with her fantasy of them being her children at first, but she’d already wanted to kill herself when she saw the kids for the last time. Most cruel thing she did was to make Young-joon watch as she hung herself  

3. Nope, they only knew each other after they went through the whole ordeal together. The playing scene comes after he sends her home safe. 

4. Her sisters never knew because Mi-so went out on her own in the middle of the night and was back by the morning.

5. He did, but by the time he could look for her, the entire neighbourhood had been torn down for the redevelopment of the amusement park his dad’s company was building and Mi-so’s family had already moved away.

6. Young-joon did ask if she knew who he was when she first joined the company, but Mi-so didn’t recognise him at all (also because he’d changed his name from Sung-hyun to Young-joon). So I guess he decided to just watch over her from a distance. STILL LOVES HER THO AWWWW

Sigh, so much squee with number 6, right? Really made me fall hook line and sinker lol. 

Spoiler

The shielding her from the suicide hanging by saying it was a large spider and then crawling back into the room where the woman hung to get scissors just broke me :( and holding that info all to himself for so many years, keeping the trauma to be solely his to bear all this time while keeping MiSo close.... argh so much love for Young Joon..

• Like 8

Just now, attriste said:

Sigh, so much squee with number 6, right? Really made me fall hook line and sinker lol. 

Sameeeee he really has a lot of love for her in a very understated manner. And also in a very understandably not understated manner wink wink wonk wonk

• Like 5

@dojoed @theonlyone88 Thanks a lot for your answers! So that flashback scene where he asked her if she knew who he was.... that he actually asked her if she really knew? Because the way Mi So remembered it was like he was showing off to her who he was.

What about his narcissism? Was he always like that or it developed after the kidnapping?

@attriste Exactly. Knowing what he had to endure all this time ALL ALONE makes me want to cry, poor baby. It also shows that he’s a very good and considerate person inside. Also he must be mentally incredibly strong because other kids would break down entirely.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, aisling said:

@dojoed @theonlyone88 Thanks a lot for your answers! So that flashback scene where he asked her if she knew who he was.... that he actually asked her if she really knew? Because the way Mi So remembered it was like he was showing off to her who he was.

What about his narcissism? Was he always like that or it developed after the kidnapping?

From what I can tell he’s always been on the confident side, but

Spoiler

the kidnapping incident really pushed him to become an unrelenting perfectionist. Also because Sung-yeon was away feeling sorry for himself and Young-joon needed to run the company for his parents I guess? That’s what I think on top of what’s been presented in the webtoon! 

@attriste yeah he was an incredible child and continues to be an amazing human being (albeit over the top lol but who can blame him). It also serves to show how 

Spoiler

sad a boy Sung-yeon is at heart, because he knows he can never be as strong as Young-joon is. Having to implant yourself into your brother’s memories because you’re so utterly guilty is SO sad and quite sick ☹️

• Like 7

14 hours ago, forthekeiki said:

Could someone just spoil (through a pm) the entire general plot of the webtoon? I'm a real sucker for spoilers! :grimace:

Same here can someone pm me too. I tried my best to hold back my curiosity but I just can't help it. :grimace:

EDIT: Got it 

2 hours ago, theonlyone88 said:

I read chinese version on webtoon at qqcomics which is until chapter 198 and will offer your spoilers on the plot.

Reveal hidden contents

Both Mi So and Young Joon were kidnapped by a woman who was a mistress and got pregnant then lost her baby and got dumped by the man. They were 5 and 9 years at that time, Young Joon got brought to the redevelopment area that became the amusement park by his brother who wanted to abandon him as he was jealous of him and the attention that he was receiving from their parents. Young Joon met the woman there, was drugged and locked up with his hands and legs tied with cable tie. Mi So was took there after 3 days when she got up in the middle of the night, ran out looking after her mother then got tricked by the same women to where Young Joon was locked up and was also tied with cable tie.

The women wanted to kill both of them to accompany her in death but after some imploring by Young Jun decided to commit suicide instead, witnessing the women commit suicide but unable to do anything to help her thus became the trauma for him. To prevent Mi So from witnessing the same thing, he tricked her into thinking that the women was a huge giant spider that would kill her if she saw her, thus Mi So's  fear of spiders. His scar was created as he had to crawled to the women after she killed herself to get the scissors to cut away the cable tie and injured himself further but he cut both their cables and sent her home and she wanted to marry him and she grew up. 

Young Joon 's name was originally not this name but Seung _____ but when he got home after his kidnapping, he realised that his brother got too guilty at the kidnapping that he imagined himself being the target of kidnapping instead becoming violent and lashing out at Young Joon for the bullying and  kidnapping. It became an unhealthy situation at home and with the parents at a loss to what to do with the father suggested sending the brother to the mental hospital, thus Young Joon faked anesthesia  pretending to have forgotten anything and even apologising to his brother. The parents thus changed his name and pretended that his brother was the subject of the kidnapping instead.  As such, all this while Young Joon knew who Mi So was and also got her as his secretary for that reason.

Mi So  originally thought that the brother was the one who was kidnapped with her but Young Joon's mother told her that the one who was kidnapped wore a custom made designer shirt from a famous designer which Young Joon's brother did not have and that shirt was wore the day he was kidnapped and also the shirt in her memories . Thus, she knew that Young Joon was the brother in her dreams.

The chinese version of webtoon still ongoing and stopped where Mi So and Young Joon just officially became a couple and went for a vacation to celebrate Christmas. There will be a number of skinship moments including backhugs, few passionate kisses and a bed scene.

Thank you so much :D

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, dojoed said:

From what I can tell he’s always been on the confident side, but

Reveal hidden contents

the kidnapping incident really pushed him to become an unrelenting perfectionist. Also because Sung-yeon was away feeling sorry for himself and Young-joon needed to run the company for his parents I guess? That’s what I think on top of what’s been presented in the webtoon! 

@attriste yeah he was an incredible child and continues to be an amazing human being (albeit over the top lol but who can blame him). It also serves to show how 

Hide contents

sad a boy Sung-yeon is at heart, because he knows he can never be as strong as Young-joon is. Having to implant yourself into your brother’s memories because you’re so utterly guilty is SO sad and quite sick ☹️

Spoiler

It was the lesser trauma to bear, to rewrite the crime as his brother’s rather than admit that he left his brother behind. I know he is pitiful, but when youngjoon came back to the home after his rehab and recovery in hospital, and Sung-yeon just took over his room and jumped on YJ for making him suffer the kidnapping... just got me reallllllly riled.

And the poor parents’ trauma of having one son with real nightmares and the other with imagined nightmares, one could almost understand why they let the charade go on— they thought it would be traumatic to let YJ “remember” everything all over again. Sigh. 

Im just really excited to see how PSJ does the emotional scenes, since I’ve not had any experience watching him as an actor. Also looking forward to him saying out the *cough* very not pg15 remarks to MiSo once the romance and chase is well underway heheheh. For PMY I’ve seen snippets of her in 7DQ and heard of her acting melo chops, so fully expecting a great performance. I’m feeling really happy with the acting matching up to the script. 

• Like 5