[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, jeijei said:

We're dissolving the subbing team since official subs are now available. Thanks, everyone. Though we have to wait for a week to get the subs, we have live recappers and translators here to satiate our worldly desires. Wish jtbc would open the YT vids' CC. 

r they? i thought the subs uploaded for ep 4 were again google translation kind of stuff.. thank for the hard work .. which sites can the subs be found on , kindly PM

Joon Hee's hot temper... is super scary. Before he break the laptop, look into his eyes... His eyes is really something. Do you all think Joon Hee had some psychological/mental problems? Who knows it's related to his father who disappeared..

When he got mad at Jin Ah's ex-boyfriend, well it's reasonable.. But his hot temper is really scary if you see it many times. He totally becomes a different person.

I don't know if this is just my feelings but I was scared when I see it... :wacko: I love Jung Hae In's angry scene. He looks hot LOL. But not in this one, he looks like a possessive boyfriend who is willing to kill anyone for his lover. I hope that will not be the case in future episodes...

7 minutes ago, ELlovelyz said:

Joon Hee's hot temper... is super scary. Before he break the laptop, look into his eyes... His eyes is really something. Do you all think Joon Hee had some psychological/mental problems? Who knows it's related to his father who disappeared..

When he got mad at Jin Ah's ex-boyfriend, well it's reasonable.. But his hot temper is really scary if you see it many times. He totally becomes a different person.

I don't know if this is just my feelings but I was scared when I see it... :wacko: I love Jung Hae In's angry scene. He looks hot LOL. But not in this one, he looks like a possessive boyfriend who is willing to kill anyone for his lover. I hope that will not be the case in future episodes...

Eh it has nothing to do with being possessive. we have too many dramas that let disgusting people get away with this type of stuff for a long time.

I saying this from a guy perspective I would be pretty pissed too.

3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

It's interesting that JHI changes his way of talking for playing JH, and it's especially noticeable when he's talking to JA. He slurs his words a touch and deepens it further when he's with JA. It's a rather different voice than how he played Captain Yoo in Prison Playbook.

Watching episode 5, JA's mom has really gotten on my nerves. I had been making allowances for her character despite her rather shallow values, but this episode has done it for me in terms of understanding where she's coming. She's actually opposed to SH being friends with JH because she thinks JH is a loser who only managed to go to an Arts university to study drawing rather than doing something better. The mother tells SH to not hang out with JH, that while she can't tell him to completely ditch him, that SH should hang out with friends who can be of help to his future from now on instead of JH. Ugh. If JH isn't even good enough to be a friend to her son, I can't even imagine what a fit she's going to pitch about JH being her son-in-law. The mother really is so shallow and materialistic and graspy and unhappy. I do not like her.

I don't know why their mom is like that when the rest of the members are perfectly reasonable.

On a lighter note, I can't with this drama. Every time I watch an episode I feel like I'm violating their privacy.

This episode seems really on their togetherness :D But you can feel it that something will come for tomorrow’s episode! Bit nervous on what’s to come. I haven’t really seen a kdrama before with so many kisses and bedscenes in one episode :wink: 

Just wondering now in this episode, whether JH still calls JA „noona“? 

I rarely watch noona romance drama, only witch romance i think. But it’s totally different with pretty noona here. Actually with only 4 years age gap, it‘s common to have the woman older (compared with witch romance age gap). 

It‘s more on the „family“ feels that makes their relationship is something to hide. 

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

It's interesting that JHI changes his way of talking for playing JH, and it's especially noticeable when he's talking to JA. He slurs his words a touch and deepens it further when he's with JA. It's a rather different voice than how he played Captain Yoo in Prison Playbook.

Watching episode 5, JA's mom has really gotten on my nerves. I had been making allowances for her character despite her rather shallow values, but this episode has done it for me in terms of understanding where she's coming. She's actually opposed to SH being friends with JH because she thinks JH is a loser who only managed to go to an Arts university to study drawing rather than doing something better. The mother tells SH to not hang out with JH, that while she can't tell him to completely ditch him, that SH should hang out with friends who can be of help to his future from now on instead of JH. Ugh. If JH isn't even good enough to be a friend to her son, I can't even imagine what a fit she's going to pitch about JH being her son-in-law. The mother really is so shallow and materialistic and graspy and unhappy. I do not like her.

I have the greatest respect for my uncle because he told his wife that the dinner table was not her forum to nag or belittle her children. 

He said she spent hours preparing delicious food and, in an instance, turned the food rotten with her mouth.

He said dinner table conversation can be on any topic, except what she wanted the children to do. :D

OMG why does NETFLIX have to do it for us in the USA? Also thanks for being life lines as I adore this drama and the realness. The intimacy and special notes of details you rarely see in other dramas. The sound track is as comfy as I feel watching these two lovers being REALISTICALLY lovey dovey and YES I was squealing MAJORLY as I was watching the bed scene clip 1. (My boss was in the other room in a meeting, so obviously I had to do it quietly.)

Thanks for @stroppyse you have been an angel for a lot of us and whenever I see your ID I feel we are blessed by the goodies and your knowledge and insights. 

I have been mainly lurking in this forum, but I had to come out and say YESH YESH YESH. I have only watched the first three episodes subbed. But juggling other dramas, I have not watched it raw yet.

Love reading everyone's thoughts about our OTP and their future struggles and relationship dynamic.

1) I concur JH was totally into her before he left to America. He is TOTALLY serious and definitely marriage minded. As mentioned before, he dated alot but not due to love for those gals more to avoid JA.

2) UGGGH about JA's mom. Unfortunately there are mothers /parents out there like that in this world. For all we know she was struggling in a poor family growing up. To her the cache (in reality money and status does go far in life), she wants that for herself and if she can get it via her daughter marrying well gives her bragging rights along with all the other women/ajumma friends you have. Seriously your daughter's happiness is important too. 

I appreciate my ability in USA to be able to have a job. I don't have a high paying job or high status, my Chinese dad nags me for not being successful as I went to a good college. But I chose this life as I am not married and with kids, but I can take care of them and my job allows for flexibility other jobs wouldn't allow me to have. Yes, money and status can bring stuff but also doesn't always bring happiness and bring a whole other standard and lifestyle fraught with expectations.

I recall my friend who was from a upper middle class Taiwanese family. She was threatened to be disowned if she did not go to law school. She went never used her degree and ended up getting her MBA and meeting her New Zealand husband (not ideal by her parents eyes) but she is happy. 

Another person I know, grew up in a rich Indonesian family. She was always expected to be well coiffed, dressed, driving a good car all the time. I have decent skin (No make up , small pores and no pimples) and her mom noted I had nice skin. But my friend could not say much of my family to her parents when I met them other than said I was the Asian Club President at College. Wow!  Def different expectations and lifestyles and education etc. Of course, we see that all the time in dramas.

As for JA, even though she was going to meet up with GM and thinking he was breaking up with her. She had to go out and get expensive outfit (pretty dress/shoes) she had to layaway for 3 month payment. Yeah expectations to "keep up the jones as his gf" rotted and my heart felt for her. I love with JH, she is comfy and free to be herself. She has the dong hairstyle and sweats. But JH still washes poetic and says she is gorgeous. SIGH. Melts.

3) KS as her friend means well. When they were eating together and she was saying JA should date a man. JH was offended and retorted I am a woman?! Even his sis doesn't feel he is a viable partner for JA. I cannot blame her. Nothing against JH, but society and she wants her to have a good man and with that good specs is part of the desired package.  But as we know having the right specs doesn't mean squat.

4) Work frenemy SY about her interest in JH and pretending to be close to KS. Yucky how KS was pushing JH to her. NOOOOOOOO! Thank god JH was like---sorry I want to talk to my NUNA KS. HEHEHEEE.

Ok back to my corner. I admit I have been burning the buttons on REPEAT for all the scenes in this episode. I am exploding with love for this drama. Also I agree it is nice to see a real drama with real adults not over the age of 30 virgins (who cannot kiss who act awkward or weird) or young cuties who are cute to look at and just paste their lips to each other and that is it. CABLETV in Korea ===I love you! Some of the best kiss scenes are from your dramas! Hwaiting! I am loving this director and writer at the moment. I pray they can keep up this momentum.

Also watching the BTS goodies. Yes I enjoyed the one where the director playfully asked for 3 cans of beer for him, JA and JH before their kiss scene (at the beach). Their CHEMI is through the roof!

Ok got to get back to work to get off for the weekend. Have a great night/morning in Asia.

I am dying for the next episode.

So glad Netflix decided to put up the first 4 eps. Binged watched them and now it's suddenly 3 in the morning. Oops ! 
Can't wait to see Ep5 raw when I wake up tomorrow.

Also, I love the number of kisses this show has, we could play a drinking game lol. 

Thanks to all the translators for helping out ! :wub:

My 2 cents  

Spoiler

According to the chats, this is all occurring a few years ago. I think they'll break up pretty soon because of external pressure (JA's mom, JH's sister, etc). And the remaining episodes will be them falling in love again. 

Brace yourselves for the angst and sadness and hair pulling everyone, I don't think its too far away anymore ! 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Took the words off me. She belittled her husband for not having a “high” position at work place and blamed JA’s failed relationship with GM on her husband’s lack of position. That’s her worldview. Everything hinges on status in society. I shudder to think how she could be used by GM to get back at YA and YH.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

In the episode 4, I was already getting more and more annoyed by her behavior, especially towards her husband. She complained about his lack of ambition and he had not worked hard enough. The woman wanted him to have a better position. Honestly, this woman stayed at home and never worked. She should be happy that her husband provided her a roof over her head and their children were able to study. 

It would be interesting if the husband left his wife at some point... in order to make her realize that she has no right to complain. I haven't watched the episode 5 RAW yet, but I sense that the relationship between JH-JA could lead to a inner conflict among JA's family... the father supporting her, while the brother and the mother are together in this. 

@stroppyse@ELlovelyz I was surprised to read about JH's anger issues. To me, I understand his reactions, but no one is pointing out the behaviour of JA's brother. He was much more brutal in my opinion. Yet, to me the real focus should be on LKM and not JH and SH. LKM has become more and more dangerous... yes dangerous! With these pictures on the laptop, he could have ruined JA's reputation (cyber-harrassment) which is much more difficult to sue. Not only he has become a stalker but he tried to rape JA as well. The bouquet was a sign that LKM would not respect JA and he acted as her boyfriend.  I can understand JH's frustration because he warned JA in the episode 4 that LKM would not leave her alone. She didn't listen... she should have reported him to the police. JH stopped SH from reporting it to the police as he wanted to respect JA's wish but LKM will turn this against them!! The mother will blame JA and even JH for making SH acting like that. I can imagine that LKM would try to use this in order to blackmail JA to go back to him. 

@bebebisous33, I agree. GM, with his “high” status in society has such low moral  values. Such a creep... how could he forced himself on someone...and he was obviously looking at YA’s suggestive photos prior to the boys’ arrival at his place. This spells obsession. It is scary.

Btw, the Chinese subs for ep 5 are out! Yay!!!

Wow @triplem  i am still on ep 4. You mean they have had that MANY kissing scenes in ep 4 and 5.  * rubs my eyes * And bed scenes? I haven't even reached the 1st kiss scene yet.

Wow. Surely no one expects me to write when my mind is blown?

20 minutes ago, ck1Oz said:

Wow @triplem  i am still on ep 4. You mean they have had that MANY kissing scenes in ep 4 and 5.  * rubs my eyes * And bed scenes? I haven't even reached the 1st kiss scene yet.

Wow. Surely no one expects me to write when my mind is blown?

Yes of course we expect you to write when your mind is blown... we just don't expect it to be coherent lol.

Seriously I have never seen this much kissing and lovey dovey/intimate scenes in one whole korean drama let alone in one episode I feel like a am peaking into a real couples intimate moments they have me watching through my fingers lol. I love it. 

36 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

@bebebisous33, I agree. GM, with his “high” status in society has such low moral  values. Such a creep... how could he forced himself on someone...and he was obviously looking at YA’s suggestive photos prior to the boys’ arrival at his place. This spells obsession. It is scary.

Btw, the Chinese subs for ep 5 are out! Yay!!!

Yup GM is such a miserable piece of trash.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

From May 26

Reveal hidden contents

From where did they get the official information? Worldwide release seems to be wrong, I only know that some Asian countries got it in their library. It's not available in Europe (Germany for me) yet.

Just like everyone, i am pretty sure that the "storm" in otp relationships are coming very very soon. Honestly, even watching the overload sweetness on previous episodes, i cant fully grasp it. And just like JA probably, the worriness (nonstop) lingers at the back of my mind. 

I hope JA will go all the way with JH once their relationship is revealed. Coz i have a little concern that she may think their relationship will not be good (especially) for JH in a way that everyone, including her bother SH, will hate JH. And vice versa for JH to JA.. Love sometimes can be like that, u believe that you can protect it by disappearing on his/her life. 

Anyways, here are some of the things/scenes that bother me from the beginning:-

1. During 1st confrontation of GM & JH with SH. When GM told SH that they will regret it coz they didnt believe him (JA liking JH). 

2. Everytime JA thinks that she may/will regret holding JH hands.

3. Of course, the (bad) influence of mom to SH with regards to JH... ((Good thing dad & bff KS looks like going to be on otp side, could be not right away, but eventually.)) 

4. During the scene where JA cant contact JH and she (jokingly) said that she will get her "revenge".. It maybe sound like a joke but in kdramaland, jokes can become reality on next episode. 

5. As for JA career, definitely the As*hole bosses & richard simmons KSY are getting on my nerves! 

In ep 5, GM has upped the level of creepiness. In the flowers he sent to JA’s office, he placed a card with a photo of JA and him, clearly taken after they made out ( could see that both were not wearing anything although shot was only from shoulder up).

4B03ACFF-2DDB-4462-9151-5FC247F0FCB2_zps

This is harassment. Showing her colleagues their private photos especially after she made it very clear they r no longer a couple... eeeeeeeeewwwwww... he was trying to scare her and intimidate her. To me it was a threat; like saying to her “if u break up with me, ignore me, I will tell the world about you, everything about you.” 

Archived