[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

8 hours ago, Jusyed said:

@silvermine you wrote exactly like my mine. All that you have written are all happen to me...and I will add one more to the list :

* For the rest of the drama that I am following, I somehow neglect them for a while...will catch up later..lol. 

@Jusyed

* For the rest of the drama that I am following, I somehow neglect them for a while...will catch up later..lol. 

Hahaha :)  Forgot to insert this part !  True for me too :wink:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ELlovelyz said:

Joon Hee find out about Jin Ah and her baby is nice too. I can imagine it will be a heartwarming scene :wub: @lolly84 

I really hope that doesn't happen. It wouldn't be fair for JH. I agree with @Cayu18.

28 minutes ago, Cayu18 said:

I never like that type of plot all I can think is you kept a child from a fakther that would love their child. Realistically think about it Joon Hee is a loving person. How hurtful would it be for this type of man to miss his child being born his child's first steps all of his child's first would be taken from him. Nope I do not like that type of plot and I hope they won't use it for dramatic effect. I would love for them to establish a family by the end of the show that would definitely include children but not in that way.

If there's a pregnancy/child plot (something I would love it), JH must know it. Moreover, they have met for years, they have been like family, their families meet each other...and JH was abandoned by his father. It would be horrible that JA hide something so important from JH (although they aren't together, one of them isn't in the country...).

12 hours ago, dreamfall92 said:

It's not available in every country yet. Most have to wait until the drama is finished.

10 hours ago, ELlovelyz said:

About the upcoming conflicts, don't forget the years gap... It's still in 2015. I doubt they will stay together when the conflict comes. Now, we are only at episode 5 and we already can see the conflict is coming... Do you think this drama will become like Fated To Love You where the OTP met again and fall in love all the way after years? And who will be the one that go away for years? Joon Hee? Well, since he has gone to US before, I'm not surprised if he goes again...

@dreamfall92

Do you know which countries its available on NF now?  Someone mentioned some Asian countries.

@ELlovelyz

I wasn't aware there's a time leap scheduled!!  OK well at least we can keep the thought alive in our minds that happy moments will be there when they meet and fall in love again in the future, now that the signs are that angst and heartbreak are not too far away now :mellow:

But for now lets still enjoy these cute encounters :)

@Cayu18 @dulcinea1 I agree with you both. To hide a child from the father is definitely not the right thing to do. It will be too much for Joon Hee, too. We all know Joon Hee is so in love with Jin Ah. We still don't know about Joon Hee's past. He must have crush on Jin Ah since a very long time ago. Uh, my bad. Sorry. Let's hope the writer will not go there and wish for a better plot ^_^:D

GM smacked by uri JA and complained by the neighbour coz of creating a scene outside GM's apt.  so they are in police station.

JH get caught both before SH and GM.  he cannot control his feelings at all.  Pabo!!!!

2 hours ago, silvermine said:

I wasn't aware there's a time leap scheduled!!  OK well at least we can keep the thought alive in our minds that happy moments will be there when they meet and fall in love again in the future, now that the signs are that angst and heartbreak are not too far away now :mellow:

It's just a theory. Some episodes ago, someone noticed texts messages were dated in 2015, so we have talked about a possible time jump. Nothing official nor spoiler.

22 minutes ago, rain89 said:

It seems the episodes are getting shorter as they go when they know we need more.

I've noticed that too. And they have started to show us flashbacks and recaps :mellow:. I hope they won't abuse a lot of them. 

Hello! A newbie to this thread. I seldom go to soompi but whenever there's a new drama that I'm crazy about, I suddenly remember soompi. I love reading spazzes here coz I have no one to share it with and can relate to it. I'm so in love with Son Yejin & Jung Haein's character. What are they called? I havent checked the thread yet. I havent checked ep5 & 6 yet coz I wanted to watch with subs, but maybe I'll just watch it without subs anyway. Cant wait anymore:heart:

OK, episode 6 is still so sweet!! Seems we will get storms next week. 

I just watched the clip of ep 6 in YT. Some clips are so funny, especially when JH went to JA’s room :D 

If I were JA, I will be very nervous as well. Having secretly dating, then he came to the room with parents and his sister outside the door :wink: 

I love it when JH hugs JA in the police station. Haven’t watched the episode yet, so I don’t know how her brother’s reaction to this. 

Argh, can’t wait for the full episode with subs!

Thanks @stroppyse for the translation of clips!!!

1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

Playing and kissing in the snow scene. There is no dialogue in this scene, but wanted to point out that while the song is still "Stand By Your Man", the artist has changed. The version in this clip sounds like Tammy Wynette. Definitely not Carla Bruni as in previous episodes. Plus, the shots are beautiful, the couple is beautiful, and they're having so much fun.

They cut the little kisses from this scene... how disappointing!!:ph34r: Anyway thanks a lot stroppyse, you're our savior!!!:D

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

More JA and JH on their date. People are starting to find out. It was the store owner, and now it's BR.

It's assumed that her brother already knows too (that hug :wub: has been quite obvious), so...how do you think the others (her parents, his sister...) will know it? Will they tell them or will they been discover? I think it will be the second, and that would be worse.

1 hour ago, lolly84 said:

Aigoooo next week will be intense!! But i totally love the way they look after each other!!! Thanks to all the recappers!!:wub:

I think right now, they are totally in love. And so it looks in the preview: so beautiful that JA's sentence: 'I never knew that I would love or be loved by someone like this' (translation from bah+doh, althought I'm waiting for a more complete translate to make more theories :D).

But I don't know what to think about that car with the opened door from the preview. Seriously, it scared me a little. Will her ex-boyfriend become crazier?

And of course, thank you very very much for all translations @stroppyse.

The realistic ajumma in me saw foreboding and trouble with JH's tendency to get incensed really easily, act on impulse without really thinking first ... and escalating in last episode's laptop incident.

GM is a useless d*uchebag type with a FRAGILE ego ... and challenging, goading and playing with such EGOS is always a bad move as it will escalate.  Even opening hugging JA in the police station - in a way it's "proving" GM's suspicion or theory that JA was also cheating on him, which will lead to a diff path of revenge to execute -  bec now GM will twistedly feel "OMG, HE's been wronged!"

While understanding the WHYs the guys are incensed (esp JH), I am also keeping in mind GM is a lawyer ... and a scumbag of a human at that -  who has a twisted opinion of himself (and always still wants to look like a shiny good person, despite whatever wrongs he does. Hence GM's fdetermined persistence in restoring her parents' opinion of him, regardless of what it takes. (Like dude, "does it even matter"? )

And if oma's darling SH is involved, or dragged down with it ... resentment and blame will enter the overall

picture too. Ditto GM if he's ever dragged down - it will never end. Even kneeling down was such an outrage the dude cannot live with.

As it is - oma's double-faced with NIMBY (not in MY backyard) syndrome

All "family" on one hand with KS and JH ... while telling SH that such a (longtime) friendship does nothing for him, or is not influential.  Oma has a closet condescending/patronizing take on KS and JH ... while on the surface acting like they're all closely-knitted chums.

This, and That overall here and there ... makes the coupling even more intimidating for acceptance - beyond the already existing factors (that they're all like 'siblings' almost and that conventional traditional mindset on the age-gap diff)

====================================

Coping Styles and Problem Solving (so essential in a couple) are quite diff in both of them

= JH is very direct, (except when it comes to hismysterious yrs of crushing and being smitten with JA, and masking it all) and prone to impulsiveness when he's incensed. He's also younger, and can be a little more brash without further thought to consequences.

= JA is a more tactful crowd pleaser, and yet she can also be somewhat passive-aggressive to get what she wants (someone just mentioned she's capable of being a little "cunning" too).

We definitely know both JA and JH are not INcapable of lying and acting, to get out of situations. -_-

Her mom is going to so drive JH up the wall - he's also being somewhat suffocated with oma's gushes over GM or what a suitable guy is for JA, in that dinner both families had together.

I am actually ALL for JH's suggestion that they declare their relationship and announce the explosive bombshell once and for all, and then deal with all the punches together.

Direct Confrontation! Please ... DO IT! Aja!

========================================

The observant thoughtful attention to detail and little subtle nuances  by this observant Director, and the way it's executed by the actors (especially a less experienced Jung Hae-in :thumbsup: ) is impeccable. It's the magic which makes this drama come across as so organically natural, and relatable in a way (Rather than the really romantic ones where you have to park your brains  to believe - while enjoyable, you rationally and logically know it's also NOT quite credible or realistic even when it seems 'slice of life').

The euphoria of JA skipping to get her popcorn, on their movie 'date' ... and that movie parallel. So succinctly spot-on simple.  JA's such a combination of 'respectable Noona' +  the gleeful 'girl' trapped within. (once again so relatable too - we have images and expectations to upkeep as our chronological age progresses ... yet really one is only as old or young as one feels ... and those skipping moments).

for eg:

Jung hae--in:  JH was working, after JA refused to give him his smooch over the phone.

He returns to his drawing but seemingly his pen was clicked off, and he goes through the process.  It's little touches like that (either the Director or the actors doing it) which makes all the moments so believeable. 

========================================

While I enjoy romantic scenes, bed and kissing scenes just like any one else' and while the lovey-dovey is nice, a whole sequence of them can be somewhat of overload and LESS memorable. Sorry, it's just ME.   :ph34r:

Less is sometimes MORE to leave more of an impression  (Ok I am an oddball) :ph34r: 

Endless pecking (not soulful kisses too) were a little of sugary-overkill in ep 5 and 6 (yes yes yes I am weird) = it just gets a little DE-SENSITIZING when there's such an endless montage of them. They kinda blur into each other, and I treasure them less. :ph34r:

I actually enjoyed so much more of the teasing build up (ep 1-4. Es 3-4), and the fewer but more memorable romantic encounters here and there.

One of my favorite enjoyable scenes thus far is beginning of Ep 4: Hand Holding.

When she initiated the hand holding, and the hilarious reaction when he quickly turned the tables on her, without skipping much of a beat beyond the hicupping. 

The one with his many changing expressions and how quick he was to take advantage of the moment -  (those holding in yet satisfied smug elated expressions are so exactly what I would do myself, lol!)

His upper 'hand' (pun NOT intended) at surprising her ... by switching to HIM covering her hand,  coolly done without missing a beat once he recovered from his shock, so very quickly. VERY WELL PLAYED!

His gamut of switching expressions from surprise  => quick recovery satisfying elation  =>  'smugness' and stifling  amusement while trying to hold it all in

And those side-gazing observations he was enjoying teasing out - stealing side gazes and enjoy watching JA's nervous surprise :wub:  - all so enjoyable to watch and making this moment one of my favorite rewatches.

Ditto that fast walk after ... when he turns to ask her what her handholding meant. And then cornered her,  to catch her  "Man and Woman relationship" comment.

(He does this quite a bit) - he SIDE tilts his head as realization dawns, and then AHA! dawns ... and then watch that smile just slowly light up as realization sinks in, and then he will so play up the moment/her comments for all its worth! :wub: As she gets all flustered. :lol:

LOL!   Sooooo  FUN to watch.  I wished they had teased out more of these. :lol::wub:

JH also enjoys sitting by the sidelines watching reactions (as in how she was going to drop the bombshell to his friends regarding her age at camping - he was so leaving it to her, and enjoying watching it :lol: ). Seems more like trait of an observer who is actually NOT prone to impulse. He's a little paradoxical like that. Outgoing, direct and impulsive, yet so good at Masking what he really feels behind quiet yet highly observant drawings, juxtaposed with his teasing joking (an observant introverted bystander type who is normally more detached and introspective ... rather than reactively involved or impulsive)

Archived