[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

When they were together in public places (restaurant) with many people around of course they’d only go for quick kiss. But when they were kissing in the beach, we watched how perfect their first kiss were, not to passionate yet not too light, just perfect for a woman and a man who just confirmed their relationship.

the last time i was this crazy with a drama i think in DOTS or Goblin era LOL. A good drama when most people can spazz together in every forums, socmed comes once in a blue moon.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_p6x4spSQF91tmjt2ko8_400.giftumblr_p6v843bJ631tmjt2ko2_400.gif  My reaction too... 

After watching these two...

@kaoriharang Good to see you here as well Chingu!!!   There is something so unique in the feelings this drama gives you. That of you and me against the world having to hide those feeling that are going off like fireworks bursting one right after the other inside of them.  It's watching them having to hold back when every part of them and their excitement wants to share and scream it to the whole world...  And so do I LOL:w00t:

It's like watching two magnets trying to hold back the force of love that not even the prejudice of others of their age can stop or deny!

7 hours ago, monki said:

Although there are many kiss scenes, they appear to be all lip-pressing kind of kiss. Just saying.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I noticed this too! Maybe this changes in later episodes as the storyline progresses (?) and/or the actors get more comfortable with their kiss scenes (?).... 

23 minutes ago, USAFarmgirl said:

My reaction too... 

After watching these two...

@kaoriharang Good to see you here as well Chingu!!!   There is something so unique in the feelings this drama gives you. That of you and me against the world having to hide those feeling that are going off like fireworks bursting one right after the other inside of them.  It's watching them having to hold back when every part of them and their excitement wants to share and scream it to the whole world...  And so do I LOL:w00t:

It's like watching two magnets trying to hold back the force of love that not even the prejudice of others of their age can stop or deny!

I love the sweetness and the cuteness that comes with the new relationship :D

I am excited to see how the relationship unfolds.

Exactly who cares about age :tongue:

Just now, triplem said:

I don't think age will be the biggest hurdle. Their families will and also if they are headed the same direction in terms of what they want from the relationship.  I'm just speculating - for instance she maybe want marriage to be on the cards. Maybe he doesn't ...that sort of thing. Wait till the sis finds out....ahahahah....that will be somewhat awkward - your baby bro and bestie are dating! :lol:

So shall we bet how many kisses we will have by the end of the drama????

Or shall we bet about bed scenes to come? :D

5 minutes ago, triplem said:

ahahahahah...I am sure we can also bet on that! 

If you look at these stills, they are wearing different clothes but in the same place / living room. So I guess they do have a lot of alone time together. And they seem to be getting tipsy as well...:ph34r: (pic credit JTBC)

I really can't wait!!! My heart skip a beat!!:lol::wub:

25 minutes ago, triplem said:

I don't think age will be the biggest hurdle. Their families will and also if they are headed the same direction in terms of what they want from the relationship.  I'm just speculating - for instance she maybe want marriage to be on the cards. Maybe he doesn't ...that sort of thing. Wait till the sis finds out....ahahahah....that will be somewhat awkward - your baby bro and bestie are dating! :lol:

13 minutes ago, triplem said:

ahahahahah...I am sure we can also bet on that! 

If you look at these stills, they are wearing different clothes but in the same place / living room. So I guess they do have a lot of alone time together. And they seem to be getting tipsy as well...:ph34r: (pic credit JTBC)

HAHA, like what we did in LUTYN?

I have a feeling for kiss we are going to need to go to double digits though.

But I am willing to place a bet.

19 minutes ago, Visually-wandering said:

I think there will be one bed scene this week.

I screenshot the scene from the preview and did editing on the brightness. Just swiped for the second pict -_-.

@triplem please do check it out also and say what you think about it.

So we'll get 1 or 2 bed scene i guess... Maybe the second will be when they'll reconcile after the storm. BTW Son Hye Jin has always hot kissed her co-stars...:wub: I love Jung Hae In and with her is a perfect match in this production!

Bets and Bed Scenes....  I Love The Sound Of That....:w00t::lol::wub:

Peter-Pan.gif   @triplem  You get it rolling and I am willing to join in!!! 

And Kisses TOO!!!!!                     tumblr_p61s2kK4Df1vem8apo1_540.gif&key=9

1 hour ago, triplem said:

I agree with you. The age gap is not so big like in "What's up Fox". I see the difficulties will be the acceptance from both families. I don't think that JH's sister will accept it so easily, especially after getting to know JA's colleague, KSY. The latter will manipulate her in my opinion. Besides JH and JA hid it from her first.

Then the mother has such expectations that she won't accept JH as he doesn't fit the profile. The mother wants to brag about her son-in-law (family, finances, social status aso).

I do think that the colleague KSY will try to disturb JA's work as well. KSY has always been selfish and made sure to tarnish JA's reputation. She was the one who somehow gave JA's nickname for her bad reputation. KSY has always used people and so far, JA has always been nice towards her. She helped her many times... I am expecting a confrontation.

On the other hand, I believe that her co-worker LYE will support her. Since both LYE and SC had a similar interaction with the OTP, interrupting the sweet scene between JA and JH (drunk and saying that they love them), I have the feeling that SC and YE could end up together. Right now, SC is focused on KSY but he doesn't know her true character. He hasn't realized that she is not interested in him at all. She just used him in order to get close to JH. Once he gets aware that she is meddling in JH's love life, I am sure that he will be hurt and choose JH's side.  

About the marriage: This could be a problem but to me, it doesn't look like one here right now because JA is not even thinking about marriage. Notice that even with LKM, she wasn't even talking and thinking about marriage. It was only her mother pushing for it.  

@kaoriharang I wanted to watch it but since there were no subtitles... I had dropped it. So when the episodes were subtitled, I started immediately. I really love the cinematography and the characters.

Actually, if JA has become a doormat, it is because of her surroundings. Her mother kept telling her how good KM was and kept criticising her daughter for her temper, for her situation aso. She made sure that JA started losing confidence and KM had a similar behaviour. No wonder, if JA had become so passive. Meeting JH was a good thing because he met her feel good and special. JA realized that she wasn't so bad, rather that KM was the one who turned her into a doll and puppet. 

22 hours ago, jeijei said:

Thank you so much !

I can't wait to dive into this drama fully and re watch every scene 10 times and over think about everything :D

Just waiting for my last exam to get over and hopefully I can help out with all the theories and (I'm overestimating my abilities here, but) maybe the subs. 

K-DRAMA REACTION: PRETTY NOONA WHO BUYS ME FOOD | EPISODE 3

If Gyu-min never cheated on Jin-a, I’ll probably feel a pinch of pity for him. But he’s a d-bag all over! It’s one thing to cheat on your relationship, but to insult your girl!?? That says a lot about your rotten personality. I’m just happy Jin-a was not shaken with his words and came out strong after their fight.

Pretty Noona 3 (4)

FULL: https://ahjummamshies.com/2018/04/12/k-drama-reaction-pretty-noona-who-buys-me-food-episode-3/

Jin-a getting all giddy while hugging that drawing is ME HUGGING MY PHONE WHENEVER I SEE THAT A NEW EPISODE OF PRETTY NOONA HAS BEEN SUBBED.

Pretty Noona 3 (1)

I'm in love with this drama so far. It looks like there are so many lovey dovey scenes coming up. I just hope and crossing my fingers this drama is not gonna turn into those same old kdramas where parents and siblings become that blockers starting from about ep 8 and drag that scenario 'till the end like ep 15 for 16 eps. If this drama seems to be headed that way, I'm so dropping it. I really don't need that extra stress during my finals, lol. I mean it seems to me these cable TV channels have been great at staying away from the mainstream channels' drama style so far. So.....

giphy.gif

Done with episode 4! Thanks God I found one with Bahasa Indonesia sub :) 

Wow, I kept smiling watching episode 4. His smile is really something :wink: 

Actually this drama is really fast, with the OTP already together in first 4 episodes. Makes me wondering what kind of conflicts they will have after this. First, family reaction. Especially her mother. I can’t predict his sister’s reaction. For sure, she will be shocked. They are practically family actually. Second, her colleagues. 

Can’t wait for the next episodes :D They are so being in love :) 

@triplem, @bebebisous33 & @stroppyse:

Oooohhhh.... we r going to guess  what really they will struggle with as a couple...I agree. Age is not really the issue here. I see this drama as one that questions society’s culture taboos. Not an all-out, clear-cut taboo like an affair but a more ambiguous, unspoken one; I think the issue here is falling in love with “family” in this case your younger “Brother” or older “Sister”. Several characters in the drama talked about how close the two families’ siblings are and for them that seemed to suggest they r family in the eyes of many (friends, colleagues, neighbours, relatives and even themselves). 

I found it interesting that PD and writer r tackling this cultural taboo. If we really think about it, this relationship shouldn’t be an issue as it is not morally wrong but when two families are so close, the families see each other as part of the family, it becomes an issue.

JA questioned this and felt guilty initiating the hand-holding. JH rebutted and expressed that they did not do anything illegal.

Sometimes, personal preference becomes a cultural taboo becomes a moral issue. If we are unaware and don’t question it, we become judgmental.

Archived