[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Annyeong, yeorobun!

I'm just droppin' by to express my support on this drama, which had me on the get-go from the title and the story, then got me all the more excited when I learned that Sohn Ye Jin will playing the female lead, and with how most of the beanies at Dramabeans are raving about it while getting very much frustrated by the lack of subbed versions everywhere (special shoutout of thanks to the efforts of Subbing in the Rain team, I was able to watch the first 2 eps)! I know SYJ doesn't disappoint--I'm a long-time fan of hers since A Moment to Remember, but I'm new to Jung Hae In. So far he really sells the adorable! And whenever they're together...I'm a goner! :wub:

Spoiler

Unlike most of you though I might binge-watch it because I'm not the waiting-for-next-week type, lol. So while waiting for this to be completed I might just lurk for some tidbits here and there (hopefully avoiding spoilers, lol). Also I decided to watch another drama helmed by the same PD: Secret Love Affair. This has been in my radar way back but hesitated on picking it up because of the subject matter; but with the way Pretty Noona is being handled so far, the mostly positive reviews about it (and not to mention my recent re-discovery of Yoo Ah In, lol), I finally changed my mind to give it a try. Two episodes and counting I could see the rave, and so I am pretty much confident that it will also go well with Pretty Noona! 

It seems they are filming beautiful 'spring scenes' (I'm having strong woman Do Bong Song feelings rigth now, I love cherry blossoms in dramas).

We haven't watched 'the snow scene' yet, but I already want to see this :rolleyes:.

Jung Hae In has posted in his instagram too.

Longtime never sign in from my account.. I just wanna say i am also liking this drama (so far).. 

The actors & PD are all good :)

I adore SYJ and her partner is growing on me too (sorry he is quite new to me)

Anyways, its so nice to join this thread.. I've always been a silent reader.. But once i found a drama that i really like.. I will show my support and sign in.. 

It seems there will be children in the scene (In SYJ and JHI's instagram posts there is a boy with a red car too).

For a moment I've thought that boy with the red car could be their son :wink: (if it'd be real our theory about a possible gap in time). Althought I don't think so, it could be interesting. It's not typical in dramas that we see the main couple having a kid and raising him/her (maybe at the end of them). I think, I would love to see that :wub:.

Hello ! 
It's been a long time since any drama has made me want to reactivate this account, and it's no surprise it's PD Ahn's drama.

The last time I was crazy enough to watch episodes raw was for Secret Love Affair. It's great to see some familiar names from that time :)

This drama's title "Pretty Noona who buys me food" was just too quirky to ignore ; loving all the food scenes so far :tongue: , and of course the cuteness is too much for my heart to handle. ^_^

The wait for the subs is insane, it feels like 2008, and I don't think I've hated Netflix this much ever before. 

Many many thanks to all the translators and the team who's putting the subs out. Would have torn off all my hair in frustration if it wasn't for you all. Truly life saving :wub:

Spoiler

Please PM me if you have torrent links. Or even stream links with subs. Desperate at this point :crazy:

I've compared E02 subs, and Subbing in the Rain subs are more accurate than the others available on Subscene as theirs are Indo-Eng translations while ours are direct Kor-Eng. I may sound selling our stuff, but yeah~  hahaha  

@SennaR, subbed E03 is available on you-know-what illegal streaming sites. Just google it fast and quick. *winkwink*
We still have 2 eps on backlog but I'm making them work hard we're working hard.

Hi guys! Finally watched the first two episodes. Why the subs are not fast like the other dramas?

So far I like the couple very much. But the story still bit too slow I guess. Well, I must watch the next two episodes to really know the pace of the story. 

17 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

Why the subs are not fast like the other dramas?

If you backread, you'll know why. Smaller VOD sites (Viki, Viu, DF) didn't get the license, and it's probably held back at the Netflix dungeon as an Exclusive. Hence, no ripped subs are available. It's being fansubbed by various groups and individuals, most of which rely on Bahasa Indonesian subs. I can't guarantee how fast we can release subs for subsequent eps, though. We've got volunteers, but we're from different time zones and we're real-life chaebols so we're busy with other stuff.

@jeijei think ppl who view of streaming sites have been spoilt by the fast VIU subs. Hence the comments. Thanks to the team for the hard work. I read Indonesian btw and saw the comments ( in between the English). I think it is great that fan subbers are involved. Brings back the old drama feels and frustrations. Hahahaha. Nothing like remembering what it feels like waiting for subs.

All anyone needs to do is watch Boys before Flowers... now. To see how good subs are nowadays compared to those days.

I have currently been rewatching ep 4 beginning now for like the 10th time. The under table hand holding scene. Gosh those 2. 

This drama does the new love and discovery stage so well. I literally wriggle in my seat in delight. Apparently I have discovered I like a noona romance. I didn't care one way or another in other dramas but those 2 together are just lighting up the screen. Plus the spring blossoms are blooming now. Can I up and go now to see if there are cheap airfares for Seoul? I am free and school holidays are on. Let me see if I feel like dragging kids off for a last minute flight. Lololol. I really really miss the cherry blossoms and we were in Seoul at the Yeouido cherry blossoms festival. Sigh!!! 

Spring. Noona love. Warm nights. Nothing like a spring romance drama. I literally swoon every time he says " noona."

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZXGJEsuPvMNRrVfuNy4Gsource.gifNewest-Korean-Drama-Pretty-Noona-Who-Buy

Your Love Makes Me Feel Brand New...

It might just be the first time I'm not upset about the slow motion of these subbed episodes coming out when I know everyone is doing the very best they can and if anything it just makes me savor every episode even more.  So many amazing posts about this drama and it's no wonder.  For the beauty it holds can clearly be seen from every direction...

From the writing to the acting, from the heavenly views that seem to show the essence of this story in making you feel as if the body language alone is speaking right to your heart and to your memories.  Yet to me what's really amazing is how the production team is able to capture perfectly all those electric, intense and magnetic moments that are the newness of love and the passion in which two people can and do feel it.  Wrapped up with anticipation and overflowing with an energy of emotions.  That attraction that no one can completely express through words alone but that they are able to simply do it...

An OTP that should come with a Warning sign strap yourself in your heart better be ready for lift off!!!  Chemistry that gives new meaning to sizzle & sweet.  Making your pulse race and your heart beat. Most of all proving that love is ageless, timeless and priceless. Some might say its to early to know how great it will be, but as for me I have to disagree.  What I have seen already makes it more than worth it to me...

My :heart:to all those here whose words will just add to the beauty of what I see.

I wish we could bottle up those first feelings of love... Reliving them over and over in never allowing them to ever end...:wub:

@tiMadam  Always thankful to see you my Brownie Chingu!!!  Yes it took me a little longer to get here but I'm not planning on going anywhere!  Dang even the music in this drama has a memory feel to it and those melodies continue to linger in my mind!  After all I am a country girl and it doesn't get much more country than Stand By Your Man.... 

Original Artist  Tammy Wynette

Spoiler

This drama have so many kiss scenes :tongue: I just saw new stills of upcoming episode. Yes, they kissed again :joy: The conflict later must be serious since they gives so many lovey dovey scene early. Furthermore, there is years gap.. I really hate long separation though. I will kill the writer if this drama don't have a happy ending... And I want wedding scene. They both are in 30s. They should get married and have children at the end..

Hi, everyone here :)

It has been ages since I last posted anything here on Soompi Forum and this drama finally lured me back and brought the craziness of Kdrama in me. I am not a fan of Jung Hae In and I barely knew about him as I only knew some of friends were crazy about him during the While You Were Sleeping days. I did not like watch WYWS as I did not like the leads, but strangely, this drama looked so attractive even only watched the teasers last month. Their chemistry already sparkled just by watching the teasers. And my curiousity jumped out when the long trailer came out. 

After watching the first episode in Indonesian Sub as the English sub was not available then, I instantly became crazy about this drama and this couple. The writing, the chemistry, the songs chosen, the beautiful cinematography, and the acting. Yeah, absolutely the leads! Although I already knew Son Ye Jin since A Moment to Remember, Summer Scent, The Classic, Art of Seduction, and Personal Taste, I have never been in love with her acting. And here, I am really loving her character and her chemistry with his dongsaeng costar. 

Last week I was depressed because I could not watch the third and fourth ep with subs, therefore I watched them in raw. Lol. Because I have watched Kdrama for  more than 10 years since I was in primary school, I could understand quite well their conversation except for the complicated ones like conversations in the office or hard vocabularies lol. 

I am happy to be able to join you guys here. 

Archived