[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, rain89 said:

So the iconic falling on the snow scene from the teaser was an accident. :heart:They are having too much fun :)

Thanks a lot for sharing this!! Why why why they didn't show us those kisses?? Aigoooo they are perfect for each other!! Their kisses are so natural!!!:wub:

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I guess I had a different read of JH's approach of JA, and it felt organic to me since I don't think it was flippant. He tells her that he happened to notice a pretty woman walking towards him, and he found himself strangely curious about her. However, it didn't hit him until he was passing by her who she was, that she was someone he knew.

So, he noticed her, but because he didn't initially recognize her, he was going to pass her by, with just a glance of appreciation. He stops and comes back around because he knows her.

When they then go from there to some drinks to catch up on each other, he tells her he hasn't told his sister that he was back yet because he doesn't want her to go all out cooking and making a fuss over him. And, he wouldn't have contacted JA either if he hadn't run into her.

From that first re-meeting, JH, being a naturally good person, finds himself a bit intrigued by JA, and he already knows that JA had broken up with GM, having heard about it from KS, so knows that JA is alone again and JH goes into helpful mode. So, when she jokingly complains that she has to work late while he's going off to a club, he comes back to her office to see if he can be of help.  But, he finds her dancing, and she is pretty cute.

The next time they run into each other, JA is being manhandled by GM, so JH goes to her rescue, pretending to be her boyfriend.

I think all of these encounters heightened his interest in JA. He already knows that she's a good, caring person since he's seen her around a lot as he was growing up.  Now, he realizes how beautiful, cute, and sexy she is. Plus, she's found herself in circumstances where he could step in and provide some help, triggering his protective instincts as well and it also causes JA to be aware of JH as a man rather than her best friend's little brother therefor the equivalent of her little brother.

It also is probably a matter of timing. Both JH and JA have had other relationships, but right now, both of them were not in relationships. It's also probably a matter of age. When JH was 20, so just out of school, JA probably looked very old and sophisticated to him, and out of his reach even if he had crushed on her back then. However, now that he's 31, the age difference probably doesn't seem as big to him. Plus, JA is beautiful, cute, and sexy.

Initially, I was also wondering if JH had been crushing hard on JA before he went to America, but I'm willing to buy that JH's desire for JA right now really started from the moment when they met up again and his interest has continued to grow in her, just as JA was not aware of JH as a man before, but she is now.

BEAUTIFUL insightful  explanation and very nicely concluded  :wub:      stroppyse .... MUCH THANKS!     :kiss_wink:

Really enjoyed reading that -  can totally see events unfolding fluidly as you have vividly described in detail,  without pondering further the background history.

And as mundaliv has also further supplemented with more insight too:

" after 30, practically you are in the same age :D It’s somehow after 30, you see people already in the same level. So JH already 31 and JA is only 35. Not a huge age gap. And after 3 years not seeing each other, no wonder there are sparks between them :wink:  "     :heart:   => 

The TIMING for both of them, was now just right.  (or at least we totally think so! :tongue: they still have an uphill task to convince everyone else around them ) 

37 minutes ago, lolly84 said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this!! Why why why they didn't show us those kisses?? Aigoooo they are perfect for each other!! Their kisses are so natural!!!:wub:

If they didn’t show us those kisses, imagine how many they’ve done so far that they cut out.

This is why I can’t be an actress. My eyes meet with someone and I’m already infatuated, imagine being that intimate with many actors and not falling in love. Or falling in love each time, it must be such a hassle. :(

1 minute ago, rain89 said:

If they didn’t show us those kisses, imagine how many they’ve done so far that they cut out.

This is why I can’t be an actress. My eyes meet with someone and I’m already infatuated, imagine being that intimate with many actors and not falling in love. Or falling in love each time, it must be such a hassle. :(

I agree with you! But there's a chance that those kisses will be shown in upcoming flashbacks maybe! The plot is simply and we'll have bad moments as well. But i think there'll be an happy ending... this is a pure love story, not much complicated.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Currently rewatching on Netflix with the subs. I’m not sure if it’s because I’m old  :lol: that I have a niggling feeling about a couple of things which I feel are the real problems that the OTP will need to work through . And it’s nothing to do with family / societal objections. Or even age gap. Four years is nothing

1. jA - she’s got a tendency to worry about others more than she worries about herself . So she puts the happiness of others first . It’s a great trait to be considerate but not healthy for this new relationship if she’s constantly worried about what others think. She’s worried about KS ( understandably so)& her family’s reactions- but she’ll have to decide to put her own needs first ( though I know it’s tough given the culture) 

2. JH is swoony & gentlemanly but if you see his jealous response in the early episodes, there’s a level of childishness/ pettiness  to his personality as well. So which makes me question where his maturity level ( has nothing to do with age ) & station in life are compared to JA. 

But of course these aren’t deal breakers. I’m still enjoying the sweet romance & all the sneaking around skinship. :D

Does netflix have a better subs or just the same as other sites? 

About JH's childishness, I think he's quite mature. It's just that he can't control his emotions when it comes to JA who I think is his long time/childhood crush :)

Does somebody knows the name of the song playing in ep. 3 during the club scene? A guy (I think) sings it. When JH dances briefly with Seyoung and then goes up at the stairs (right before they cut to JA and Mingyu arguing in the street) I really like that song :heart:

hello to all!

wow! and i really mean ..wow!! the kisses and pecks where just so cute!! hahaha! honestly i was a little shy looking at the scenes where they were really into each other ... i guess someone said here that it was like an invasion of their privacy!! hahahaha! i was shy yet still continued to watch because i just love to see them so happy! the skinship  was necessary ... though others have written that there were just too much of it ... but i guess the writer was just being true to form ... since it is real that new lovers just can't get enough of each others presence and touch!  and i just looooovveee the bed scene! so romantic ... sigh!

i was guessing that since we have a surplus of happy ... soon will be the test of their love! i can't help but think that JA will probably be the one to falter first! just my opinion since being the older of the two ... experience sometimes make the older more careful and prone to waver! so hope that JH stays strong for both of them! 

totally enjoying every episode! 

Two episodes in and I'm still enjoying the show. I don't always know what I think about the PD's choices of what he includes and what he chooses to leave out but I'm largely fascinated and willing to be led. I'm certainly hoping for more than Stand by Your Man and Save the Last Dance in the weeks to come. :tongue:

I like JA but she clearly lacks strong boundaries. There are many instances of this in the last two episodes. A case in point. When mother was nagging her about taking things to the next level with GM, I wasn't so much annoyed with mother for being bossy and naggy but with JA for not saying unequivocally that things were over between them. Why didn't she say that he was two-timing her? She let her mother think that they were still an item when she had already told him where to go. And then meeting up with him in spite of the fact that he was the one who dumped him and two-timed her. Why? Is it so important to be nice that she would allow others to talk her into doing things that would only undermine her position and integrity? She allows herself to be taken advantage of by others.

I can see that she's competent. At the workplace, she's built a reputation for herself. Some would even say she's indispensable. So why does she take the fall for something she hasn't done? It feels like a case of indentured servitude. Even the CEO knows that something's fishy. And there are indications of sexual harassment in the workplace too. Not just of her but her fellow colleagues. I gather workplace bullying is commonplace because the job market is tipped in favour of employers but for someone like JA, with her experience and abilities it's hard to believe that she has to kowtow to her superiors like a Joseon palace maid. With the right backing she could start her own cafe franchise. :D

JH/HI is my ray of sunshine. An older KSH. He always seems to pop up at the most opportune moments. When JA is in strife, it's JH to the rescue. :wink: The show doesn't need to do any more to convince me that he's good for her. It's like there's two JAs... the one at Coffee Bay and with her family... and another when she's with him... bantering, telling him off and unconscious flirting. He's someone she can be herself with. There's none of that hapless subservience. What I think the problem will be is if she can stick to her guns when all the objections come hurtling in her direction. She will need to firm up her personal boundaries if she really wants to be with JH. It's obvious that they're both falling for each other.

I don't particularly understand SH's objection. A 4 year gaps is scarcely something to have a panic attack over. They're practically of the same generation.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzKPRkivhZFF26crX5OWpPretty-Noona-buys-me-Food-Live-Recap-6-Ddrama-korea-something-in-the-rai-1.jpg?r

When you just can't get close enough....

Although it's the age difference and the reactions of those within their lives around them that are meant to be the focus. Still I think it's those feelings being brought to us by this OTP in so many different ways that expose our hearts and feelings about love as well.  It's the excitement of those raw and fresh emotions that we are able to feel through them and because of them...

There is that added playfulness and sneaky yet thrilling feeling in them trying not to be discovered.  That feeling of wanting to be with someone every second of everyday and rushing to them every chance you get. Because like some of the OST words express " I am breathing through your love.  A love we have so true."  That feeling of being completed by someone you least expected that makes everything through them fill your heart and life with something so amazing it's as if everything inside you and around you is brand new...

It' them capturing the true beauty in remembering when you loved and were loved so dang much that it made saying goodbye so dang hard...

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” Tops List Of Most Buzzworthy Dramas

Pretty-Noona-Who-Buys-Me-Food.jpg

On April 16, Good Data Corporation released their findings for the most buzzworthy dramas of the past week.

JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” received 22.6 percent of the buzz coming in first place. This marks their second week in a row at No. 1.

This feat is especially noteworthy as “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” has gone up 138 percent (35,298 points) in buzz within three weeks of broadcasting. These results puts “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” in second place after SBS’s “While You Were Sleeping” in regards to highest buzz score.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/16/pretty-noona-buys-food-tops-list-buzzworthy-dramas/

Watch: Son Ye Jin And Jung Hae In Share Sweet Moments Filming “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food”

Jung Hae In and Son Ye Jin continue to make hearts race in a a new making video for JTBC’s Friday-Saturday drama “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

The clip follows the two actors as they film a sweet kiss scene in the snow. Son Ye Jin and Jung Hae In try to carefully make their way down a snowy slope but keep slipping. The moment is full of laughs as they tease each other about falling down, only to fall down themselves moments later.

Read more https://www.soompi.com/2018/04/16/watch-son-ye-jin-jung-hae-share-sweet-moments-filming-pretty-noona-buys-food/

55 minutes ago, Oww TooCute said:

The new BTS is really cute n funny hahahaha.. now waiting for the very very very kind fairy  @stroppyse to translate it :D .. thank you thank you very much you are the best !!!

Trueee, it is really cute and funny. I have watched it for so many times lol but I don't know why I keep laughing and giggling while looking at them they are just smiling and giggling in the snow and probably they are already tired lol but I keep giggling like crazy while watching them. Jung Hae In is quite shy towards Son Ye Jin :wub: it makes him cuter when he smiled shyly towards his pretty noona

@40somethingahjumma I think we’re watching the same show - yes! You have summed up JA - rather the 2 JA’s - in your recent post very well and I agree. I am hopeful that we get to see the real JA as the story unfolds and am confident the writing/ directing team will not let us down. 

But then I hear the words to Tammy Wynette’s song “Stand By Your Man” and I realize that it’s been JH “standing by” his woman in the first few episodes. And I’m getting a little worried - is she going to waver later? 

Ohhhh #thefeels for this kdrama *sigh* 

i haven’t felt like this for a drama in a seriously long time... not since W.. and that was because of jongjoo. 

This time, it’s all about the drama - the characters, the writing, directing, musical score, the acting. Gah! Everything! 

I’m just so nervous because it’s only episode 6.. there’s a lot more eps to go.. and i think the challenges will be EPIC. EPIC. EPIC. 

I’m very curious how the story unfolds and how the writer-nim will develop the characters. 

Overall, i loooooveeee this drama! *swoon*

Finally finished Epi 1- 4 and yet to back read everyone's comments and inputs. 

Been waiting to watch this drama because of Son Ye Jin. I've watched most of her dramas and movies since I discovered her in 'The Classic' and the memorable 'A Moment to remember'. My 2 favourite movies which I've re watched many times.

All her previous OTPs are with A listed male stars and they made each OTP so believable as I shipped each of them while I was watching them together. (Yes, I still ship her with them and wish she'll eventually ended up marrying one of them in real life)

Luckily, this time they found a young male lead who deserved this HUGE honour to be her OTP. I'd seen JHI in smaller roles but the role that truly impressed me the most was  when I noticed him in 'Prison Playbook'

(So glad, they didn't try to get an idol actor to take up this role). 

Watching from Episode 1, one can see how much this OTP are becoming everyone's favorite as their acting chemistry are truly outstanding. I love this Director's previous works too. With such an amazing team and casts, this drama is brightening up my weekends again.

Will wait for proper subs before peeping at the comments here.

On 15/4/2018 at 5:11 PM, mundaliv said:

Liên quan đến JH yêu JA, thực sự được thể hiện trong tập 6. Vâng, đó là sự khởi đầu khi JH nhìn thấy JA trên đường phố. Anh ấy nhìn thấy cô ấy như một người phụ nữ quyến rũ và nhận ra đó là JA. Tôi đoán đây đã là nền tảng của anh ta bắt đầu có quan tâm đến noona anh biết. Trong khi tôi có lý thuyết rằng đàn ông thường yêu phụ nữ chỉ như thế. Không cần những lý do cụ thể, không cần lý do hợp lý, đó chỉ là người phụ nữ mà anh ta yêu. 

Hi all, happy to join in favourite topic!

JH, KS & JA have been together 20ys. He even loved her for a long time, even when he was a boy on back's noona. Maybe he is not completely aware, ep1 "Even if it makes me miserable, until now, Yoon Jin Ah is still the best". JH's love grows from time to time, according to his adulthood, a deep affection, not only 1 or 2 months after he returned from oversea.

This drama is indeed different from other K dramas that I've watched so far. No cheesy, unbelievable or over the top storyline. 

Though the pace is slow, but I enjoyed it a lot. I love the mood that the director is bringing us into.

But this is a melodrama, so does that mean it'll not have a happy ending?

I dont mind the challenges that JA & JH will face along the episodes, but please please don't make it a sad ending! 

They started off so fast and it's just episode 6 now. I just don't want both of them not being together in the end. 

I dont want them to be separated just because of objections from the parents, sister and other people's perception. And both ended up not being together or.. JA ended up marrying someone she doesn't love & that guy is rich and from a respectable family (just to please her parents) and JH goes back to US or somewhere else cos he's broken hearted :(

Or no typical story like JA or JH discovered she/he has a serious illness and can't live long, etc....

Sigh, I just want a happy ending. As long as both of them are together. Please please....

Archived