[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

42 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Oh okay. Nothing official yet. I'm wondering if the will say it after this week. When are they starting to film do you know?

@n3bula... I don’t know if they started filming at all. 

@lynne22.... you really love to read Chinese novels and watch Cdrama a lot. When did you become interested in those things . 

Thanks for the recommendation chingu. I will give those a chance. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, raziela said:

I would love to hear Mao Ni's honest thoughts.  By the way, both you and @lynne22 have mentioned some of  his other works.  Do you recommend them?

The drama (EN) brought me to the book. While i know that Mao Ni has another novel adaptation Fighter of Destiny (?), i haven't watched that because Luhan or any flower boys don't appeal to my taste. I might check out the book once translation of EN novel is completed.

Well, not quite true. I did watch mybe 2 episodes of FoD? But the initial impression that i have is like I'm watching 10 miles peach. The costumes were very pretty pastels and clean, quite unlike costumes in EN that looks more rough and deconstructed (at lease for the those frim the lower level of society). FoD is also very bright, if i remember correctly and lacks the many outdoor scenes we enjoyed EN. But i could be wrong since i only watched a couple of episodes awhile ago. 

So, i can't really offer you recommendations of MN's other works. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Long time no see guys.  RL interruptions stopped me from posting in this thread. My laptop also broke down.  But i am keeping up to date posts reading in spite of my busy schedules.  I indeed saw the finale and kinda disappointed with the ending showing SS is dying in NQ arms. But we know there is a second season and will not be cheated with this ending.  I like this novel so much and I am expecting the 2nd season also to be good in spite of male lead and various characters change.  @angelangie can u start a new thread for season two to discuss the second part of novel or can we continue in this thread itself?

BTW happy new year 2019 to all ever nighters!!!!!

Edit:I will post my opinion in another post about the ending later.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, angelangie said:

can't start till there is an official announcement....till now i havent seen anything official for now.....i will let u guys know when i saw it....or if u guys happen to see it let me know....

Wait til confirm when the production crew start shooting season 2:)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, greenwatch08 said:

Im still suprised how far Ive watched into a drama series this long, besides ROP. Lately, I can barely finish any kdrama that has only 16 ep. Most of recent shows have been a snoozefest this past fall/winter.

Cdramas have been a breathe of fresh air, even w/its long run/episodes.

I have gravitated to C-dramas over the last year too even though I think some of them are far too long.

17 hours ago, n3bula said:

Watched ep 52 -54. 

Why did NQ raised his hand at SS as if he was going to hit her? She didn't do anything for him to do that. I liked the XH fight scene it was cool. LQ doesn't learn he's so obsessed with becoming more powerful. I think the actor does a great job. Chao got himself a wife. I didn't see that coming. I really hope we see more of him in s2. I did enjoy the sweet NingSang moments. 

We don't know why the director decided to make NQ so needlessly physically aggressive towards SS.  He wasn't like this in the book or even the first half of the drama and it makes even less sense now he should be viewing her romantically.  Yet another inexplicable decision from this drama to further diminish the NQ-SS relationship <_<

11 hours ago, lynne22 said:

@raziela Mao Ni's work are always an interesting read, due to different reasons....

You can see some of his current novel that are translated in this NU link :

https://www.novelupdates.com/nauthor/mao-ni/

There were 2 novel aside from EN that were most talk about. One is Ze Tian Ji, which I really recommend, and another is Joy of Life.

Joy of life also had an adaptation, but haven't aired yet... so I'm not sure if this is a loose adaptation or not. :lol:

Thanks so much for responding.  I  will have a look at the suggestions :)

10 hours ago, dzareth said:

The drama (EN) brought me to the book. While i know that Mao Ni has another novel adaptation Fighter of Destiny (?), i haven't watched that because Luhan or any flower boys don't appeal to my taste. I might check out the book once translation of EN novel is completed.

Well, not quite true. I did watch mybe 2 episodes of FoD? But the initial impression that i have is like I'm watching 10 miles peach. The costumes were very pretty pastels and clean, quite unlike costumes in EN that looks more rough and deconstructed (at lease for the those frim the lower level of society). FoD is also very bright, if i remember correctly and lacks the many outdoor scenes we enjoyed EN. But i could be wrong since i only watched a couple of episodes awhile ago. 

So, i can't really offer you recommendations of MN's other works. 

Thanks for replying.  That's OK.  For some reason I thought you had read his books before the drama. Yes, I think the FoD drama is more like the typical idol drama and overdone green screen like so many recent dramas unlike the more realistic feel and real sets of EN.

• Like 6

Wishing everyone on the thread a very Happy New Year!.

giphy.gif

The thread seems to be winding now so I just wanted to say It was a pleasure following and discussing this drama with all of you through the good and the bad!  May we meet again on another drama thread :)

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, raziela said:

Wishing everyone on the thread a very Happy New Year!.

The thread seems to be winding now so I just wanted to say It was a pleasure following and discussing this drama with all of you through the good and the bad!  May we meet again on another drama thread :)

Right back at you! Happy to a brighter & better New Year everyone! 

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Happy New Year everyone! I really made my own hand made noodles with scallions that was spicy but not so sour over the holidays. Back to work tomorrow already but looking forward to the final episodes. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

On 1/1/2019 at 12:46 PM, UnniSarah said:

Happy New Year  Ever Night Fans @epinklyn @Wotad @n3bula @angelangie @lynne22 @raziela @greenwatch08 @mei2018 @dzareth @LeeN  @ningsangcpp @littlemissmiss @toninha @Snow Guardian @Cheng Chao @pangia @stella77 @rhaps    To the rest of Ever Night Fans that i miss

Happy new year:grin:

Happy new year everyone :grin:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 4

On 1/2/2019 at 4:53 PM, lynne22 said:

I suddenly realized that today is the first wednesday without a new episode.....:(

It feels a little weird not trying to find any updates about EN anymore LOL

Sub Eng is only at episode 54. I have to wait for 6 more episodes. I think it os a good thing that I still have some to look forward to. Then I will properly watch ot again from the begining. :tounge_xd:

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote images
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1