[Mainland Chinese Drama 2018] Ever Night 将夜

tothestars

16 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thank you @pristineqi.  He looks good here but it isn't a real photo, guys.  It is a picture edit.  

I agree, this is photoshopped. Looked at the hair on him @raziela... The picture in the left was Edited. His position in the picture are the same. All they did was  changed the background, put a wig , added the sword with clothes to that picture. Check out his edges in his face is a perfect match to the picture on the left . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pristineqi said:

Dylan-Wang.png

As far as looks go, i wonder if they will be increasing NQ's coldness/ ruthlessness? Bcoz that facial expression is kind of cold. S1 is quite lighthearted as there are many comedic moments. I still don't like the rumoured new FZ tho. 

• Like 1

Alright. I’ve finished the series and I have thoughts.

On Sangsang 
  1. C’mon….Less than 4 episodes left of the series and we literally don’t see her for an entire episode? Um, why? And in one of the episodes, she has less screen time and talking time than YHY? 
  2. Since MSS got out of the picture, the production team has rarely given moments between NQ&SS a backing soundtrack. Every sweet scene with NQ&MSS and NY&YHY gets a “oh-my-flutter-in-my-stomach” song and lovey dovey looks. But scenes with NQ&SS are way too brief. 
  3. I just adore SYR as SS. She’s amazing and so adorable. I’m so happy she’s not the typical looking female lead.

On this season
  1. Song Yi Ren is amazing as Sangsang. And Chen Fei Yu did an incredible job as Ning Que. I will really miss this duo. I wish they had more screen time in the last few episodes. Looking back, those first few episodes with them feel so nostalgic, pure, and magical.
  2. The actor for Long Qing was amazing! And he is very well built lol! I hope he comes back for season 2 because it helps with the cohesion even if the male lead changes. 
  3. I agree that the production team kind of butchered their romance a bit because of the emphasis on the other characters. I wished CFY had also made googly eyes at SS as he did with the others. Or a look of relief/gratitude during some of their later scenes because it like he was really her master.
  4. For the last battle, I was really hoping to see 
    Spoiler

all the Fire Fus when XH entered their lake mansion. That would have looked really epic. 

5. Why did they make YHY into a love sap? One of the good things about here in the first part of this novel is that she thinks NQ is a pile of crap. 
  6. Obviously, we needed more NQ&SS scenes in the later episodes. You could even just show them slurping their noodles for 5 minutes straight and no one would complain.

On SangSang in Season 2:
  1. Our girl SS is a genius and you need to keep all those novel bits in. Yes, she is “lazy,” but when she thinks, she outshines everyone. Here are some of the many gems you forgot in Season 1:
    1. That time when Master Yan Se and Wei Guang Ming were going to fight after the chessboard game gets knocked over and they need to get to business. But she remembers exactly where each piece is and gives them more time to not kill each other.
    2. When she beats Tang Xiao Tang like 129 times in chess and that is why TXT has to jump down the waterfall 129 times. 
    3. She is a freaking living version of Google Maps and is the key reason why NQ is able to shoot XH and win during his battle. 
  2. She needs more screen time. She could be washing vegetables for all I care. It’s just not cool how the female lead has less speaking time and I feel like screen time than the other female leads. Like MSS had like 10 episodes with 10+ minutes in each. I think SS is usually in just 1 or 2 scenes and they are too brief.

On Season 2: 
  1. I will watch Season 2. I, for the most part, really like the plot. If they keep the same: Director, SYR, Second Brother, CPP—I’m in. I’m kind of upset at the changes they’ve made, but it sort of balances out with the sweet additions they added with SS&NQ. They followed the story better than most adaptations. The cinematography was great, casting & acting caliber was amazing, and the soundtrack is magical. While I am a proud member of TEAM PETTY AF and want to boycott this on the fact that we get a new NQ, I need to give this outstanding production team a chance. Dylan Wang, in my book, was terrible in Meteor Garden while also having some redeeming scenes, but I am hoping he really improves. And with that...
  2. I want more sweet scenes between SS&NQ. I hope DW makes NQ to be more endearing to SS like how he is in the novel. I thought DW in Meteor Garden was great when it came to caring and thoughtful scenes with the female lead. I hope he doesn’t that exude that high and mighty exterior that I found CFY to have in the later episodes with SS. I’m pretty optimistic about this people lol. 
  3. NQ is definitely not my favorite character in the book. Hell, of any book of that matter. His ONLY redeeming quality is his love for SS. I can take him being shameless, but he is way too flirtatious and is tempted (you can argue even does tempt) with the other ladies. Please change this in the drama lol. You gave us unnecessary and nonexistent NQ&MSS/NQ&YHY arcs. Please give us a more loyal Ning Que! LOL  

I have more thoughts. Will come back to share. 

Tagging others that I need to read my thoughts lol! @angelangie @UnniSarah @thartie @lynne22 @n3bula
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

59 minutes ago, littlemissmiss said:

On Sangsang 
  1. C’mon….Less than 4 episodes left of the series and we literally don’t see her for an entire episode? Um, why? And in one of the episodes, she has less screen time and talking time than YHY? 
  2. Since MSS got out of the picture, the production team has rarely given moments between NQ&SS a backing soundtrack. Every sweet scene with NQ&MSS and NY&YHY gets a “oh-my-flutter-in-my-stomach” song and lovey dovey looks. But scenes with NQ&SS are way too brief. 
  3. I just adore SYR as SS. She’s amazing and so adorable. I’m so happy she’s not the typical looking female lead.

On this season
  1. Song Yi Ren is amazing as Sangsang. And Chen Fei Yu did an incredible job as Ning Que. I will really miss this duo. I wish they had more screen time in the last few episodes. Looking back, those first few episodes with them feel so nostalgic, pure, and magical.
  2. The actor for Long Qing was amazing! And he is very well built lol! I hope he comes back for season 2 because it helps with the cohesion even if the male lead changes. 
  3. I agree that the production team kind of butchered their romance a bit because of the emphasis on the other characters. I wished CFY had also made googly eyes at SS as he did with the others. Or a look of relief/gratitude during some of their later scenes because it like he was really her master.
      Reveal hidden contents

all the Fire Fus when XH entered their lake mansion. That would have looked really epic. 

5. Why did they make YHY into a love sap? One of the good things about here in the first part of this novel is that she thinks NQ is a pile of crap. 
  6. Obviously, we needed more NQ&SS scenes in the later episodes. You could even just show them slurping their noodles for 5 minutes straight and no one would complain.

On SangSang in Season 2:
  1. Our girl SS is a genius and you need to keep all those novel bits in. Yes, she is “lazy,” but when she thinks, she outshines everyone. Here are some of the many gems you forgot in Season 1:
    1. That time when Master Yan Se and Wei Guang Ming were going to fight after the chessboard game gets knocked over and they need to get to business. But she remembers exactly where each piece is and gives them more time to not kill each other.
    2. When she beats Tang Xiao Tang like 129 times in chess and that is why TXT has to jump down the waterfall 129 times. 
    3. She is a freaking living version of Google Maps and is the key reason why NQ is able to shoot XH and win during his battle. 
  2. She needs more screen time. She could be washing vegetables for all I care. It’s just not cool how the female lead has less speaking time and I feel like screen time than the other female leads. Like MSS had like 10 episodes with 10+ minutes in each. I think SS is usually in just 1 or 2 scenes and they are too brief.

On Season 2: 
  1. I will watch Season 2. I, for the most part, really like the plot. If they keep the same: Director, SYR, Second Brother, CPP—I’m in. I’m kind of upset at the changes they’ve made, but it sort of balances out with the sweet additions they added with SS&NQ. They followed the story better than most adaptations. The cinematography was great, casting & acting caliber was amazing, and the soundtrack is magical. While I am a proud member of TEAM PETTY AF and want to boycott this on the fact that we get a new NQ, I need to give this outstanding production team a chance. Dylan Wang, in my book, was terrible in Meteor Garden while also having some redeeming scenes, but I am hoping he really improves. And with that...
  2. I want more sweet scenes between SS&NQ. I hope DW makes NQ to be more endearing to SS like how he is in the novel. I thought DW in Meteor Garden was great when it came to caring and thoughtful scenes with the female lead. I hope he doesn’t that exude that high and mighty exterior that I found CFY to have in the later episodes with SS. I’m pretty optimistic about this people lol. 
  3. NQ is definitely not my favorite character in the book. Hell, of any book of that matter. His ONLY redeeming quality is his love for SS. I can take him being shameless, but he is way too flirtatious and is tempted (you can argue even does tempt) with the other ladies. Please change this in the drama lol. You gave us unnecessary and nonexistent NQ&MSS/NQ&YHY arcs. Please give us a more loyal Ning Que! LOL  

This is such a great post! You said everything I felt but in a far more articulate manner:D

It was very disappointing the way the drama treated Sang Sang and the Ning Sang romance in the second half of the drama.  It's frankly baffling in the context of any story but especially in this one to treat the heroine and relationship which should be the heart of the drama so poorly.  SS was treated like a supporting character and the romance as an afterthought.

It's such a shame as it felt like a waste of Song Yi Ren's talent, Sang Sang's character and the excellent chemistry CFY and SS established in the first half of the drama.

• Like 3

@epinklyn Agreed... both of this scene were lame..... :joy:

6 hours ago, epinklyn said:

With Guan Hai n Dao Se, naahhh they were not a fighting scene :phew:.

At least now with subs, I can understand that it looks like Lian Sheng 32 forcefully give his taotie ability to Ning Que, so NQ doesn't have the time to control it yet whenever he fights.... 

• Like 1

@littlemissmiss

I love your post and so well articulated just like @raziela said. I am not good with words and your points are on point.

I have no idea if I’ll be watching Season 2 but agree with you Season 2 is about a really cold NQ. Ironically NQ, SS are my favorite character in the drama. I love all FuZi’s disciple.  I always tend to love and favor the most flawed character in any books or drama only if I understand their background. NQ is selfish but he is kind to the people who treats him or SS good. I understand why NQ is so shameless. He is selfish because he raised himself . He chose the path of being ruthless o he can survive. He is shameless and selfish because of what happened at General household. At a young age he learned you can only rely on himself and only love himself. He also found a SS who was there for him, never feared him and just loved him. She was saw the real him because would an evil person raise a child when he didn’t have the means of taking care of himself. He would meet  people but never really relied on them because he doesn’t trust them to stay by his side. Even Blackie who they worked together, wasn’t someone NQ completely trusted. I remember a scene when Black was staring at SS so much that NQ made SS leave the room because he didn’t like the way he looks at SS. His selfishness is the reason he Saved the world. His experience in life is what prepared him to save the woman he loves.

Even though he likes other woman, they can never really be anything other than like. His bond with SS is pure and strong that no one could break it because she will always be his priority .  The first person NQ told he joined the Devil was SS not MSS. 

• Like 5

13 hours ago, littlemissmiss said:

On Sangsang 

On this season
      Reveal hidden contents

On SangSang in Season 2:

On Season 2: 

Tagging others that I need to read my thoughts lol! @angelangie @UnniSarah @thartie @lynne22 @n3bula

Even though I enjoy EN, the writing has been insufferable. SS really got the end of the stick & scrapped to the sideline as second fiddle as a character/romantic interest for NQ. I wanted her to have more agency in her own story arc & the drama hasnt deliver so far. Judging from preview clips, I dont think it will.

She gets killed/dies for shock value at the last episode, when this season's conflict couldve been resolved easily earlier on if given the time/episodes to develop & give NQ/SS a more fullfilling ending together.

NQ as a character is mostly interesting when he's w/SS or interacting w/others. His character development is bare minimum & stagnant. NQ at ep. 40 is pretty much the same NQ from ep.1. The only difference is he gains new abilites but even w/his newfound powers, his growth is almost nonexistent. The drama doesnt showcase NQ studying/learning enough. At times, NQ comes off as rather dull. He's an alright character but has potential to grow, but its executed poorly in a way thats inorganic. 

MSS/NQ relationship definitely cheapened NQ/SS would be 'perfect' transition from childhood friends to lovers. The drama needed to give NQ/SS more in-depth interaction to develop their relationship that goes beyond master/handmaiden & domestic activities/running errands for the first half of the show as individuals/pair. I also dislike SS addressing NQ as master the entire show, even after NQ claims/announce her as his wife, she still calls him master? Its ridiculous. Theres no equalness between them & this makes NQ comes off as overbearing. 

The romance couldve been handled alot better but this issue has been mentioned on several occassions throughout the thread, so at this point, it is what it is.

Some of the characters needed more

development & better writing/

characterization & screentime.

(Ex: Fuzi literally does nothing for 40 episodes besides eating/relaxing on the side of the river & shows up briefly in dream sequences.)

Stuff happens too late & too abruptly. Pretty much my criticism of EN is the writing.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, raziela said:

I didn't know that we were seeing them in advance! :o So they will definitely get to 4.5billion and more views then.

I've seen SYR and Dylan Kuo have said their goodbyes.  I think CFY's goodbye was the post from last month at the same time it was announced he wouldn't be back and he has now moved on.   

I hope there is no bad blood in his leaving and it was a mutual decision due to the filming delays and he wants to continue his education as we heard intially :( I have read a rumour on another forum that the real reason CFY is not in the second season is because Tencent became the main investor in season 2 so they wanted to use their own actors. I really hope that isn't true.:angry:  I could see them doing that to a smaller actor but I don't think they would dare with CFY because CFY's family is so influential and one of the reasons Ever Night could even afford to film in Chang An city set was because it was built by his father for one of his previous films.

I hope it's mutual otherwise it is not fair for Arthur nor the new cast. 

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I agree, this is photoshopped. Looked at the hair on him @raziela... The picture in the left was Edited. His position in the picture are the same. All they did was  changed the background, put a wig , added the sword with clothes to that picture. Check out his edges in his face is a perfect match to the picture on the left . 

It is an edit fans made. Dylan is still handsome though. I can't wait to see an official photograph of him and SYR as NQ/SS :wub:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, raziela said:

This is such a great post! You said everything I felt but in a far more articulate manner:D

It was very disappointing the way the drama treated Sang Sang and the Ning Sang romance in the second half of the drama.  It's frankly baffling in the context of any story but especially in this one to treat the heroine and relationship which should be the heart of the drama so poorly.  SS was treated like a supporting character and the romance as an afterthought.

It's such a shame as it felt like a waste of Song Yi Ren's talent, Sang Sang's character and the excellent chemistry CFY and SS established in the first half of the drama.

I love SS w/all my bleedin' heart and to see a female character, who has HUGE potential for character

growth/development as an individual, gets shafted this way mind boggles me in a displeasing way. 

• Like 4

@littlemissmiss , thank you for sharing your thoughts....

I agree there things about SS that could have been handled better. While this SS is lovable, they do weakens her ability, and her maturity level in the drama goes up and down.. 
I still love her portrayal of SS, but just like you, I wish her smartness were showcased more. 

On this, I blamed the script writer and the director.. Mo Shan shan had an out of the book feel to her, why can't Sang Sang be like that too? They clearly have the ability to do so, they just won't do it for some reason.

@UnniSarah has spoken.. Their bond is pure and strong......... 

I won't say much about Ning Que and Sang Sang's relationship... Yes, things could have been handled better..

Now, I just want to remember what I value the most from them is their bonds. 

For me, the young master-handmaiden thing.... its just words..... outside people in the drama may define it as master-servant, but I think for NQ-SS,,,, its not like that at all... its just words. They're family first and foremost.

Sang sang's care and trust for Ning Que is unquestionably a big part how NQ can go to his height today... its more subtly underplayed because its not flash and bangs.. but its there nonetheless. 

How for Ning Que, he does need Sang Sang's assurance a lot, even on the days before the last battle, he always quietly look at Sang Sang.. and sang sang always gave her assurance, whether its a word of "I believe you" of even a hug. 

What I want to remember about them is this kind of quiet and subtle bond they had. 

I like Long Qing haha... I think the actor played him well enough... eventho his hair can be laughable sometimes. LOL.

About Ye Hong Yu.. Sigh.. I like her in the wasteland arc. What the scriptwriter did with adding the romantic undertones is not really necessary... She's an amazing character in the book regardless. 
But, it got me thinking...

You know.. hehe.. for a second there in the drama,, I felt a little guilty because I like Ye Hong yu, and you can see her heartbreak in her eyes, when NQ says SS is the lady of the house... 
And then, she sort of caring to NQ too... which make me feel pity for her... if this is another drama, I would have liked them to be together LOL...
Ning Que of course is cautios of her.. and in fact, he treated her like one of the bros....... 
We know and everyone know this is not going anywhere anyway... the script writer is too creative you guys... on this I can only roll my eyes LOL
And here comes the point of my narration... IMO this is what we should have felt during MSS arc... not that overdone thing that happens in the drama....  Again, they clearly have the ability to do so, they just won't do it for some reason.

I like Mo shan shan but I can't say that I enjoy her arc very much because of this... Sigh.

The finale, is a bit dramatic IMO... like what I said to my friends the other day... it made me feel funny and maybe a little sad... but it is so dramatic... haha... if I didn't read the book, I would have been so devastated. Nope nope nope... Sang Sang is just tired, and her sickness resurfaced.:D 

Its still a good ending considering we'll get a second season, eventho I rather wish we have a peaceful ending for this season considering how hard and sad NQ and SS life is going to be later on. 

For me EN, is still good drama overall, this is still a good adaptation, with and amazing shots of beautiful scenery and great OST.
Ep 1-12 is the best episode for me, while the quality of the there rest of the episodes can go up and down depending on the story line. Yes, some thing could have been handled better... but I think its not the actors problem rather its in the direction and writing. 

Alas, it is done.. so I can only accept it and move on. 

I will miss Chen Fei Yu's NQ, Song Yi Ren's SS, Chen Pipi, and all the brother and sister in the academy.... 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, n3bula said:

I hope it's mutual otherwise it is not fair for Arthur nor the new cast. 

I hope so too. 

51 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Even though I enjoy EN, the writing has been insufferable. SS really got the end of the stick & scrapped to the sideline as second fiddle as a character/romantic interest for NQ. I wanted her to have more agency in her own story arc & the drama hasnt deliver so far. Judging from preview clips, I dont think it will. She gets killed/dies for shock value at the last episode, when this season's conflict couldve been resolved easily earlier on if given the time/episodes to develop & give NQ/SS a more fullfilling ending together.

NQ as a character is mostly interesting when he's w/SS or interacting w/others. His character development is bare minimum & stagnant. NQ at ep. 40 is pretty much the same NQ from ep.1. The only difference is he gains new abilites but even w/his newfound powers, his growth is almost nonexistent. The drama doesnt showcase NQ studying/learning enough. At times, NQ comes off as rather dull. He's an alright character but has potential to grow, but its executed poorly in a way thats inorganic. 

MSS/NQ relationship definitely cheapened NQ/SS would be 'perfect' transition from childhood friends to lovers. The drama needed to give NQ/SS more in-depth interaction to develop their relationship that goes beyond master/handmaiden & domestic activities/running errands for the first half of the show as individuals/pair. I also dislike SS addressing NQ as master the entire show, even after NQ claims/announce her as his wife, she still calls him master? Its ridiculous. Theres no equalness between them & this makes NQ comes off as overbearing. 

The romance couldve been handled alot better but this issue has been mentioned on several occassions throughout the thread, so at this point, it is what it is.

Some of the characters needed more

development & better writing/

characterization & screentime.

(Ex: Fuzi literally does nothing for 40 episodes besides eating/relaxing on the side of the river & shows up briefly in dream sequences.)

Stuff happens too late & too abruptly. Pretty much my criticism of EN is the writing.

Excellent post!  The fact that the same screenwriter is working on the second season fills me with dread.

14 minutes ago, greenwatch08 said:

Yo, I love SS w/all my bleedin' heart and to see a female character, who has HUGE potential for character

growth/development as an individual, gets shafted this way mind boggles me in a displeasing way. 

THIS!  The saddest part for me is that it was at the hands of a female director and female screenwriter that her character was treated this way :( 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, raziela said:

I hope so too. 

Excellent post!  The fact that the same screenwriter is working on the second season fills me with dread.

THIS!  The saddest part for me is that it was at the hands of a female director and female screenwriter that her character was treated this way :( 

I havent been this bummed out over a female/favorite character since Ni Ni's character in Rise of the Phoenix. The writing did a huge disservice to her character in favor of the male lead. It was awful.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, littlemissmiss said:

On Sangsang 

On this season
      Reveal hidden contents

On SangSang in Season 2:

On Season 2: 

Whoaahh! That was looonnnggg but surprisingly, I've read them all. Lol. I'll be back too to share my thoughts. For now, I still can't say a better statement for I'm still stuck reading the last couple of chapter in the novel and has not been finish watching the drama. My thoughts and opinion for now are still limited. But, I'll be back! #Terminator! Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, littlemissmiss said:

On Sangsang 

On this season
      Reveal hidden contents

On SangSang in Season 2:

On Season 2: 

@littlemissmiss Well said friend. I have not seen all episodes but I did see many complaints about SYR not having enough screen time. Which is ridiculous because she is the female lead. I love her as well and she is my favorite character and actress in the drama. I wonder if there is favoritism among the other actresses which is why they get more screen time. Who knows. 

The drama really failed to make NingSang love story as great as the novel. It left to much doubt and I hate it. I know I sound like a broken record saying this but that's how I feel. S1 is done and over with cannot change what's been done. 

I do like that SYR isn't the typical loking female lead. I don't know why female leads always have to be the most beautiful etc. What matters is talent and SYR may not be the most beautiful but she is pretty and has talent. 

Arthur did a good job as NQ. Yes more nice moments between him and SS are definitely needed for s2. 

I believe Dylan Wang did a great job as DMS in meteor garden. The character had many layers and Dylan pulled off every single one in my opinion. For a beginner he was really good and has the potential to become one if the best actors. He has said he hopes to continue growing as an actor. Which I have no doubt he will. 

Yes Dylan is great playing a character who is in love, loyal and caring. If he can show good chemistry on screen with SYR we will be in for a treat with their scenes.  That is if the screenwriter and director can give them good scenes to work with. 

I have high hopes that S2 will focus on NingSang story cause it is a story about them and not about unnecessary triangles or squares with YHY being thrown into the mix. To be honest I feel that MSS/YHY will be there a lot. So I'm prepared for that. As long as they make NingSang true to their characters I'll be happy. 

I enjoy reading your thoughts on EN so look forward to reading some more of your thoughts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@littlemissmiss

I love your post and so well articulated just like @raziela said. I am not good with words and your points are on point.

I have no idea if I’ll be watching Season 2 but agree with you Season 2 is about a really cold NQ. Ironically NQ, SS are my favorite character in the drama. I love all FuZi’s disciple.  I always tend to love and favor the most flawed character in any books or drama only if I understand their background. NQ is selfish but he is kind to the people who treats him or SS good. I understand why NQ is so shameless. He is selfish because he raised himself . He chose the path of being ruthless o he can survive. He is shameless and selfish because of what happened at General household. At a young age he learned you can only rely on himself and only love himself. He also found a SS who was there for him, never feared him and just loved him. She was saw the real him because would an evil person raise a child when he didn’t have the means of taking care of himself. He would meet  people but never really relied on them because he doesn’t trust them to stay by his side. Even Blackie who they worked together, wasn’t someone NQ completely trusted. I remember a scene when Black was staring at SS so much that NQ made SS leave the room because he didn’t like the way he looks at SS. His selfishness is the reason he Saved the world. His experience in life is what prepared him to save the woman he loves.

Even though he likes other woman, they can never really be anything other than like. His bond with SS is pure and strong that no one could break it because she will always be his priority .  The first person NQ told he joined the Devil was SS not MSS. 

Excellent points made here. I didn't know Black did that. It's all about SS/NQ guys. I think we are more qualified to be screenwriter and directors for EN lol. 

• LOL 2

3 minutes ago, n3bula said:

Excellent points made here. I didn't know Black did that. It's all about SS/NQ guys. I think we are more qualified to be screenwriter and directors for EN lol. 

Hahaha. Only you guys can be qualified. I'll be on a side note throwing some comedy on the drama. Lol

1 hour ago, lynne22 said:

@littlemissmiss , thank you for sharing your thoughts....

I agree there things about SS that could have been handled better. While this SS is lovable, they do weakens her ability, and her maturity level in the drama goes up and down.. 
I still love her portrayal of SS, but just like you, I wish her smartness were showcased more. 

On this, I blamed the script writer and the director.. Mo Shan shan had an out of the book feel to her, why can't Sang Sang be like that too? They clearly have the ability to do so, they just won't do it for some reason.

@UnniSarah has spoken.. Their bond is pure and strong......... 

I won't say much about Ning Que and Sang Sang's relationship... I just want to remember that outside of the young master-handmaiden thing.... for me its just words.... what I value the most is their bonds.

Sang sang's care and trust for Ning Que is unquestionably a big part how NQ can go to his height today... its more subtly underplayed because its not flash and bangs.. but its there nonetheless. 

How for Ning Que, he does need Sang Sang's assurance a lot, even on the days before the last battle, he always quietly look at Sang Sang.. and sang sang always gave her assurance, whether its a word of "I believe you" of even a hug. 

What I want to remember about them is this kind of quiet and subtle bond they had. 

I like Long Qing haha... I think he's played him well enough... eventho his hair can be laughable sometimes. LOL.

About Ye Hong Yu.. Sigh.. I like her in the wasteland arc. What the scriptwriter did with adding the romantic undertones is not really necessary... She's an amazing character in the book regardless. 
But, it got me thinking...

You know.. hehe.. for a second there in the drama,, I felt a little guilty because I like Ye Hong yu, and you can see her heartbreak in her eyes, when NQ says SS is the lady of the house... 
And then, she sort of caring to NQ too... which make me feel pity for her... if this is another drama, I would have liked them to be together LOL...
Ning Que of course is cautios of her.. and in fact, he treated her like one of the bros....... 
We know and everyone know this is not going anywhere anyway... the script writer is too creative you guys... on this I can only roll my eyes LOL
And here comes the point of my narration... IMO this is what we should have felt during MSS arc... not that overdone thing that happens in the drama....  Again, they clearly have the ability to do so, they just won't do it for some reason.

I like Mo shan shan but I can't say that I enjoy her arc very much because of this... Sigh.

The finale, is a bit dramatic IMO... like what I said to my friends the other day... it made me feel funny and maybe a little sad... but it is so dramatic... haha... if I didn't read the book, I would have been so devastated. Nope nope nope... Sang Sang is just tired, and her sickness resurfaced.:D 

Its still a good ending considering we'll get a second season, eventho I rather wish we have a peaceful ending for this season considering how hard and sad NQ and SS life is going to be later on. 

For me EN, is still good drama overall, this is still a good adaptation, with and amazing shots of beautiful scenery and great OST.
Ep 1-12 is the best episode for me, while the quality of the there rest of the episodes can go up and down depending on the story line. Yes, some thing could have been handled better... but I think its not the actors problem rather its in the direction and writing. 

Alas, it is done.. so I can only accept it and move on. 

I will miss Chen Fei Yu's NQ, Song Yi Ren's SS, Chen Pipi, and all the brother and sister in the academy.... 

I always love your posts.  Agreeing with everything you have said here too.  I think you summed up my feelings with these words "they clearly have the ability to do so, they just won't do it for some reason."  That's what I keep coming back too.  Mao Ni gave them a fantastic blueprint in the original story.  I can accept dramas have to change things but I don't think it's acceptable when it changes the essence of the story in the way they chose to and I can't think of any logical reason why they made those choices.

There was a lot I loved about this drama: the great cast, the beautiful scenery, cinematography, sets, music, fights but in the end certain writing, directing and editorial decisions left me very disappointed and confused.  It's sad because the early episodes were wonderful but in the end this drama left me with a bitter taste in my mouth.  

I'm appreciating all these posts.  One of the reasons I haven't posted for a couple of days is because I've been trying process my feelings towards the drama and why I'm so unhappy with it even though, objectively, I think it was quite a good drama.  It's nice to see I'm not alone in my thoughts and feelings :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1