[Official] Gao Wei Guang / Vengo Gao / 高伟光 ❤ Dilraba Dilmurat / Di Li Re Ba / 迪丽热巴 - Next project "The Pillow Book"

ReemKanabta

6 hours ago, Eery2 said:
Any chance of V to secretly fly to Shanghai and teach her personally about the game before the event?

Let's see. According to my calculation... 

Singing "Hao Yun Lai" (check). Playing mobile game featured in the novel (check).

The forecast is very high! :selfie:

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Thanks @Lmangla!

Most of us have fallen for the white haired deity and the nine-tailed fox princess way back in TMOPB (Eternal Love) even if their story there is non-cannon. Vengo and Dilraba played their parts so well as Dong Hua and Feng Jiu.

Getting to know their actual story first in the book, and then seeing the drama adaptation for The Pillow Book (Eternal Love of Dream) without waiting too long, hehehe, was awesome! But what made it even more awesome is that the secondary couple actors in the first drama reprised their roles!  :love:

• Like 1
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

Woah I had an idea Reba and Vengo worked in 3 shows, never knew there were 6, I would love to see the Ladder of Love (Somehow I want to see Reba in negative role) , is it available in any legal platforms? Glad if anyone can provide the info.

Thanks for the highlighted Spotlight.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I thought V&R collaborated together in series and movie 7 times. How about V-Love drama in 2014? That’s when they are having hot kiss together. I believe it was a first screen kiss together for both of them. My Chinese is rusty, I remember V mentioned he collaborated with R including ELOD 7 times in one of his interview. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

34 minutes ago, AlexW said:

I thought V&R collaborated together in series and movie 7 times. How about V-Love drama in 2014? That’s when they are having hot kiss together. I believe it was a first screen kiss together for both of them. My Chinese is rusty, I remember V mentioned he collaborated with R including ELOD 7 times in one of his interview. 

True. :)  I really want to see V Love, but couldn't find it anywhere subbed. 

• Like 3

I did not expect the thread highlight :joy: I thought my browser cookies were acting up when I saw GR ship related at the home page. I think I have been away for far too long.

In regards to that "scandal" of V, until he himself tells the world (or his agency) that it is true I will continue to ship GR. Nobody can stop my delulu mind!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AlexW said:

We wanted to, but we couldn't find any subbed V Love. Which is a pity, since it's the other one they're a couple. 

For anyone who may want to see it and understands Mandarin, the complete episodes of V Love (unsubbed) is in YT. :)

• Like 3

Hello from Down Under

I recently discovered this forum and I hope i'm not too late to join the party of Vengo and Dilraba shippers. I need an outlet for this cute couple.

HOW I DISCOVERED THEM

Just like most of you, I watched so many Kdramas due to the pandemic and just recently got into watching Chinese dramas as recommended by youtube. I first saw Dilraba through Love Designer series (with Johnny Wang) and  I find her beauty unique. Though the story is ok, I just got curious about her and a friend who's into Cdrama recommended that I watched Eternal Love of Dreams (ELD) and Eternal Love (EL). I'm not into fantasy and action Chinese genre but since I was bored, I gave it a try. Oh boy I'm so glad I did.  

THE PALPABLE CHEMISTRY

I first watched ELD and I finished watching it in two days straight. Although its a long series, I want more and started watching EL. I find the visuals and their acting in EL better than ELD (but thats just my opinion) despite their story was soooo bittersweet. Although they're the second lead they marked more than the main leads specially after watching the tail scene.

donghua_holds_fengjiu.png

I kept watching the scene more than usual but the effect is the same, it truly moved me. They are truly gifted.

Although many are annoyed with FJ and DH characters in EL, without bias they nailed their roles. Vengo's acting is so effective since many great directors can tell you that "less is more" and its difficult to pull off. Since the ending is open ended, it makes the viewers crave more for them.

I even read the two novels of pillowbook (again I'm glad I did since I understand better the story) and for the first wattpad stories abt the continuation of their story.

They'e my 4th OTP and I can say that I have a good track record of picking the right OTP. 

What makes them successful is the genuine chemistry since you can't fake what is genuine and its very strong.

Sorry about the long post. I'm still doing a long backread (am now at page 45 of this thread) and I can't help but out myself to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts and views about them. The reddit author is also a huge help for me to ship them. 

• Like 4
  • Love 12
  • Wiggle 1

10 hours ago, Plethora di Eros said:

Hello from Down Under

I recently discovered this forum and I hope i'm not too late to join the party of Vengo and Dilraba shippers. I need an outlet for this cute couple.

HOW I DISCOVERED THEM

Just like most of you, I watched so many Kdramas due to the pandemic and just recently got into watching Chinese dramas as recommended by youtube. I first saw Dilraba through Love Designer series (with Johnny Wang) and  I find her beauty unique. Though the story is ok, I just got curious about her and a friend who's into Cdrama recommended that I watched Eternal Love of Dreams (ELD) and Eternal Love (EL). I'm not into fantasy and action Chinese genre but since I was bored, I gave it a try. Oh boy I'm so glad I did.  

THE PALPABLE CHEMISTRY

I first watched ELD and I finished watching it in two days straight. Although its a long series, I want more and started watching EL. I find the visuals and their acting in EL better than ELD (but thats just my opinion) despite their story was soooo bittersweet. Although they're the second lead they marked more than the main leads specially after watching the tail scene.

I kept watching the scene more than usual but the effect is the same, it truly moved me. They are truly gifted.

Although many are annoyed with FJ and DH characters in EL, without bias they nailed their roles. Vengo's acting is so effective since many great directors can tell you that "less is more" and its difficult to pull off. Since the ending is open ended, it makes the viewers crave more for them.

I even read the two novels of pillowbook (again I'm glad I did since I understand better the story) and for the first wattpad stories abt the continuation of their story.

They'e my 4th OTP and I can say that I have a good track record of picking the right OTP. 

What makes them successful is the genuine chemistry since you can't fake what is genuine and its very strong.

Sorry about the long post. I'm still doing a long backread (am now at page 45 of this thread) and I can't help but out myself to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts and views about them. The reddit author is also a huge help for me to ship them.

Welcome aboard!

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Plethora di Eros said:

Welcome! :) 

I agree with what you said. They both nailed it so it's no wonder they reprised their roles... If my memory serves me right, they had other actors in mind at first, but fans wouldn't have it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, MayanEcho said:

@Plethora di Eros The cutting of the tail is one of the most poignant in TMOPB.  Have you seen the BTS for it? 

No matter how many times I watch this,  I'm sure to shed tears :bawling: Just too much for my little :heartbreak:

15 hours ago, Plethora di Eros said:

This was also one of my favourite scene together with the OST Even If There's No Possibility. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Wuzetian said:

No matter how many times I watch this,  I'm sure to shed tears :bawling: Just too much for my little :heartbreak:

My gripe is that the tears of DH in TMOPB didn't make the final edit. :( Nonetheless, this is one of the scenes in TMOPB that makes the show unforgettable. IMO, it is second only to that barefoot walk of Bai Qian to Zhuxian terrace.

I like how expressive Vengo's eyes are for this scene.

YzpPWdj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 8