[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

Here is the ratings for Episode 7! :).

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

“Big Mouth” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet

MBC’s “Big Mouth” continues to gain viewers with each new episode!

On August 19, the noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk and Girls’ Generation’s YoonA soared to the highest viewership ratings of its run to date. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest episode of “Big Mouth” scored an average nationwide rating of 11.2 percent, marking a new all-time high for the drama.

“Big Mouth” Achieves Its Highest Ratings Yet | Soompi

• Like 5
  • Blob 1

so guess who is the Big mouse?

My first guess was Jerry, but since EP7 shown that he wasn't then I may suspect Jerry may be an "uncover", but again I may be wrong...

Do you think it was the Prison Warden, Park Yoon-Gab? But I doubt so....

The Mayor,  Choi Do-Ha, too easy to guess if he is the one, but his motive is to destroy and overtake the power that he has been aiming to....

Today EP7 the missing of half an hour shown in the short video was a twist (Someone trim/cut short the video in the thumb drive), so who was the one already known the plan ahead of the ML?

This part was so fun and exciting to watch, let's wait for EP8 coming up tomorrow.

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Good Day GIF

Anneyeong everyone. I am new here. Nice to meet everyone. I really love to watch Lee Jong Suk & Yoona acting. When they are paired together for Big Mouth I am excited to watch this drama.  And the storyline is awsome too. Have a nice day everyone and happy foruming.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Bravely Holds A Protest For Husband Lee Jong Suk In “Big Mouth”

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA has no intention of backing down in MBC’s “Big Mouth”!

“Big Mouth” is a hard-boiled noir drama starring Lee Jong Suk as Park Chang Ho, a third-rate lawyer who winds up in charge of a murder case that turns him overnight into a genius con artist known as “Big Mouse.” In order to survive and protect his family, including wife Go Mi Ho (played by YoonA), the “big-mouthed” lawyer must expose a huge conspiracy among the privileged upper classes.

Spoilers

Previously, Go Mi Ho and Jerry (Kwak Dong Yeon) rescued Park Chang Ho from being kidnapped by a suspicious ambulance that was leading him somewhere else instead of a nearby hospital. Although Park Chang Ho was forbidden from seeing any visitors, Go Mi Ho used her profession as a nurse to see him. Things took a dark turn towards the end when Park Chang Ho was taken to a mental hospital.

The new preview of the upcoming episode shows Go Mi Ho’s non-stop attempt to free Park Chang Ho. In the stills, she holds a protest with a determined and solemn expression on her face. Her picket states, “Reveal the truth of Seo Jae Yong’s (Park Hoon‘s) murder,” and she’s standing under a banner that reads, “My husband is not Big Mouse.” The messages posted throughout the tent are related to the establishment that controls Gucheon City and the innocence of Park Chang Ho, who is unfairly involved in Seo Jae Yong’s case and is mistaken for Big Mouse. Despite her passionate protests, people respond coldly to her, making her lonely fight even sadder than ever.

YoonA-3-3-800x533.jpeg

YoonA-2-3-800x533.jpeg

Spoiler

YoonA-1-3-800x533.jpeg

To find out if Go Mi Ho and Park Chang Ho will be able to reunite, tune in to the next episode of “Big Mouth” that airs on August 20 at 9:50 p.m. KST.

Girls’ Generation’s YoonA Bravely Holds A Protest For Husband Lee Jong Suk In “Big Mouth” | Soompi

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

ep 3 & 4 thoughts
-- why are the prisoners cleaning the sewers? don't they have sewage system? 
-- miho hugged changho even though he was stinky. supposed to be romantic but I couldn't figure why she wouldn't barf. is it because she is a nurse and used to bad smells? 
-- where is this park that miho met the mayor? looks like it is indoors but has tropical trees? some sort of greenhouse type installation?
-- why is a hotel named charles?
-- does anyone else think the mayor is kind of good looking?
-- wow the charles hotel has nice restrooms even for the men! 
-- miho and changho's relationship is really long and that adds to the trust factor. they were friends for 9 years, dated for 4 and married for 3. so 16 years in total. so she would know if changho was up to something funny like being big mouse no? 

-- am glad that miho's occupation plays a direct part in the story and she isn't there as prop in this story as a female lead. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

18 hours ago, Lmangla said:

-- why are the prisoners cleaning the sewers? don't they have sewage system? 
-- where is this park that miho met the mayor? looks like it is indoors but has tropical trees? some sort of greenhouse type installation?

1.) The warden of the prison is on a power trip. Cleaning the sewers is a no no in a real prison, so I was under the impression that he makes them clean the sewers just because he can. Not only does it tell them he thinks they mean nothing to him, but it also helps him control the other prisoners. By separating the prisoners into classes it encourages other prisoners to treat them badly. The warden doesn't have to lift a finger to hurt them, the other inmates do it for him. 

2) I'm pretty sure it is Sejong National Arboretum. I went there last year and I'm nearly positive that's where they filmed. It has different rooms all set at different temperatures/climates. It's really pretty inside (waterfalls/flowers/photo benches). When I went they had an Alice in Wonderland exhibit set up. It was amazing. 

I don't get the story. They have a couple of things that happen for no reason and no explanation.

Like what was the point of all the scenes with the doctor and blackmailing him, pretending to kill him etc.? At the end he got released with his friends as if nothing happened.

What was the point of Chang Ho collecting the wishes of the prisoners and pretending to grant them? At the end nothing happened.

• Blob 2

On 8/21/2022 at 11:46 AM, lilyphenix said:

I do! And he's no saint, so I guess that means I'm into bad boys? :lol:

we should have a poll -- am sure there are more of us in the 'he is probably bad but oh so good looking' club! hahahahha...

re: @confusedheart @Sleepy Owl @partyon @agenth

On 8/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, CupcakeEonni said:

2) I'm pretty sure it is Sejong National Arboretum. I went there last year and I'm nearly positive that's where they filmed. It has different rooms all set at different temperatures/climates. It's really pretty inside (waterfalls/flowers/photo benches). When I went they had an Alice in Wonderland exhibit set up. It was amazing.

googled it -- looks like a great place to go on a weekend. awesome! 

• LOL 3

14 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

we should have a poll -- am sure there are more of us in the 'he is probably bad but oh so good looking' club! hahahahha...

Sure, let me just catch up on last week's episodes first. :D

• Like 3

2 hours ago, partyon said:

Sure, let me just catch up on last week's episodes first. :D

They intense. The suspense is definitely ramping up, and the hilarious part is that as I am watching, I still find myself suspecting several people of being Big Mouse (it alternates depending on who is torturing Big Mouth, lol!)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

9 hours ago, Photo Photo said:

Like what was the point of all the scenes with the doctor and blackmailing him, pretending to kill him etc.? At the end he got released with his friends as if nothing happened.

What was the point of Chang Ho collecting the wishes of the prisoners and pretending to grant them? At the end nothing happened.

The scenes with the doctor were because ChangHo wanted him to confess. That's what the judgement card was all about. That plan didn't work, mostly because ChangHo decided to go after Big Mouse (and failed), and partially because ChangHo overestimated his power in the prison. It also was a way to make the 3 doctors turn on each other. They can't trust each other.

I thought that collecting the wishes of the prisoners was about setting himself up as Big Mouse. Being able to get things or do things for other prisoners would make them indebted to him. It made them want him on their side because of his promise he would be able to help them in some way. It's like a gang leader or mob boss helping out his underlings to gain their respect and loyalty. He didn't know if he could actually do those things, he just needed them to think he could so they would be on his side. 

Spoiler tag for people that haven't seen episodes 7-8

Spoiler

There is a good chance this promise will come back later. He escaped the prison walls, but he hasn't escaped that life and can't escape the things he did in there. A few of those prisoners are short-timers and will be free soon. He still needs them on his side. 

I know. It's just I feel they were useless like they showed us all those doctor scenes making us feel it will lead to something only to have them move on as if nothing happened. Same thing with the wishes. They made us feel as if it will lead somewhere only to have them move to another thing as if nothing happened.

They might go back to these things in the future but as they are now it feels like sloppy writing to me.

• Blob 1

@Photo Photo... right... it comes to a point, that i feels its so draggy... 

Like, ok... what's next... 

The plot needs to move... its moving way toooooo SLOW...

What's in that DamN paper for one, then we go after Big Mouse riches! Then we find out who the heck is the Mickey Mouse!... 

Somehow somewhere, Jerry is still not off my hook as being the real Big Mouse.. all because of his tatoo... and him being the 2nd lead!:D

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

A new poll is up! Let's vote! :hooray2:

Thanks to @Sleepy Owl for helping out with the poll questions this week! :kiss_wink: We had a lot of good discussions while watching these episodes, and both of us are enjoying this drama a lot right now. Our joint top suspects for Big Mouse:

1) Jerry

2) Room Leader

3) The Mayor

The prosecutor and head guard are also highly suspicious and we suspect they are working for Big Mouse too. It's clear that there's a larger agency behind it with the Tarot card tattoos being apparent on many of the people helping Big Mouse out.

The high count of people who were orphans is what is making us suspicious that all of these are tied together by the same orphanage - probably a Catholic one - seeing that there is a recurring religious theme in this all.

Is Big Mouse one of the kids Chang Ho was taking care of when he was living there (e.g. Jerry) or an older kid who would have known Chang Ho when Chang Ho was just a little boy (e.g. Room Leader)?

Even though some of this stuff does go a bit too far - the mental hospital bit did feel a bit like @ferily's and @Sleepy Owl's favorite drama, Mouse. :grimace::joy:

@realistic2280a @Photo Photo @Lmangla @joccu @the_sweetroad @CupcakeEonni @lilyphenix @princess16 @Killa92 @backstreetboysfan @lebeaucouple @Prettysup

• Like 6
  • Blob 1

@partyon I’ve been hearing good things about this drama and the ratings show it too, so I am actually thinking to start this drama once Alchemy of Souls is over :D (I have been too invested in AoS to start any other drama…I put a hold on watching any other dramas I was watching because of that lol..) The only thing is, it’s not on Netflix or Viki so I was unsure where to watch it :brokenheart:

• Blob 2

@ferily This drama is PHENOMENAL. This is my favorite drama at the moment. The story is riveting and not dull. @Sleepy Owl dongsaeng and I are totally invested in coming up with new theories. The thing is that you can't FF even one moment, because the writers are throwing clues left and right - they are all in the details.

We think you would like it! :kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • Love 1