[Drama 2022] Big Mouth ◈ 빅마우스

Maetawinz

On 9/17/2022 at 9:05 AM, partyon said:

@Sleepy Owl said that this is not as bad as the downfall of Flower of Evil in the end, but I do not agree. The Big Mouth writers had a good run up until ep 12 - hopefully next time they might be able to make the last 4 episodes equally thrilling and logical as the first 12.

I take back my words Noona. The ending was bad, I mean it BAD! :isannoyed:

I know I have said this at least 2 times for other 2 dramas aired this year, but it felt like the drama was written by someone else ep 12 onwards. 

A lot of unwanted stuff happened. The writers did a great job in the mystery, but then when it was revealed they seemed clueless on how to move things forward. Maybe if this would have been a 20 eps or even 18 eps long, we would get a better written ending which would make sense. 

What I hated in this one is the fact that they made Choi Doha such a formidable foe that Chang Ho had to have him killed, which I really think didn't make sense. 

A lot of things were just left unanswered for no reason. Suddenly Dr. Seo's paper was no longer relevant for the plot, and it disappeared. We never came to know what it really was about, and why all the NR Forum folks were trying to hide it. We never came to know what they were doing in the hidden lab in the basement of the hospital which made Ju Hee so shocked.

Suddenly all those Gold and money to Ji Hoon became irrelevant to the plot, even though Chang Ho had hinted to him that BM wasn't the one who stole it, leaving some room open for Ji Hoon to look into himself and get back at Choi Doha.

I honestly think those things should have been addressed properly. No one really even tried to look for Hye Jin, and I just feel like that was also stupid. While Ji Hoon might have been the lesser evil guy in the drama, and that he did try his best to help Chang Ho; but the fact that he remained the major bad guy for more than 50% of the drama means he wasn't really the good guy out there, and yet, he would be among the characters who actually achieved the most by this ending. 

Mi Ho's death is something I think we all had predicted since the episode where they hinted to be have cancer. The whole subplot of her getting cancer was stupid in my opinion. No one really just enters a place which seemed to have collapsed, and she had the chance to wear the mask as well, of the people who just came out, but she just straightaway ran into it without thinking. At the same time, I just feel like her cancer developed so quickly. The writers just wanted her to die, nothing else. 

I had discussion with @partyon Noona a week ago I believe, and I told her that Mi Ho's survival depends upon writers wanting Chang Ho to be Big Mouse or not. If he wasn't supposed to be Big Mouse, they would keep her alive, but wanting him to be Big Mouse meant that she had to die there, since we all know that Chang Ho would have wanted to leave the organization completely for the sake of his family just like he had said before. 

I feel like they also underutilized several characters here, and one of them would be Ju Hee. I had expected more from her, especially after she visited the secret lab and decided to get into the management in order to correct things. I just felt like she was plotting a better plan behind Choi Doha's back than just picking up his burner phone and sending it to Chang Ho and co. She was smarter than that, and well, I feel like she could have been more involved in the plot. 

The other extremely underutilized character was Jerry. He was the number 1 on this list for being Big Mouse for many viewers. Even after the real Big Mouse died, many of us had the theory that Jerry is the real Big Mouse and it was all just staged. But then nothing happened. He had extremely limited screen time, the moment he got into the accident, he just disappeared from the drama for many episodes. 

Another thing that was actually underutilized in this drama was Big Mouse's Organization. That organization had several high ranking officials in its ranks, and also had several other members working for them. I just didn't understand why Chang Ho and co. were doing most of the leg work, while they could have used their organization a lot more efficiently. The only episode where we saw them use them properly was in the last ep, and it didn't make sense for me. We should have seen them being used a lot more properly, especially to trap Choi Doha.

While the ending felt rushed to me, and I am sure to many of us, I feel like they wasted a lot of screen time with the useless debate happening. Almost half the episode (or maybe slightly more) was wasted over this useless debate. They could have done all that maybe in 15-20 mins instead of stretching it to more than 30 mins. 

IT was a great drama till 12th ep, again, till 15th ep, while I wasn't that hopeful, I didn't think this had as bad a downfall as FOE did, or maybe worse, since I did feel they could end this well. The ending was just so bad, it goes to my list of "Good dramas with very bad ending" for 2022, the other in the list are "25 21" and "Again My Life". 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Agree that this is another case of a serial that starts well and intriguing enough up to Episode 12, when they killed off the real Big Mouth without telling us what was his motive and all that.

Since then, its all downhill unfortunately :facepalm:

The ending was too rushed (similar to Again My Life) where the main villain got taken down in like what less than 5 mins? There's not enough bite to it and Choi Do Ho was dead, just like that. To think that they spent more than an hour on that build-up of the expose of the waste-water, which served no purpose at the end as CDH still won the mayor election. And what happened to Ju Hee? Still alive? Too many loose ends which I really dislike.

The death of Ko Mi Ho was also unnecessary. They could just end it with her having to nurse her health back due to the radiation exposure.

I give the ending 2/10 and an overall 6-6.5/10 for the serial. It was 8-8.5/10 for the first 12 episodes though!

• Blob 2

What happened to this drama? Did something happen to rush the ending in the last 10 minutes?

That ending was ridiculous.

On 9/18/2022 at 7:22 AM, Sleepy Owl said:

Another thing that was actually underutilized in this drama was Big Mouse's Organization. That organization had several high ranking officials in its ranks, and also had several other members working for them. I just didn't understand why Chang Ho and co. were doing most of the leg work, while they could have used their organization a lot more efficiently. The only episode where we saw them use them properly was in the last ep, and it didn't make sense for me. We should have seen them being used a lot more properly, especially to trap Choi Doha.

Add to this that we still don't understand what this big mouse organization is for. Like you are telling me all these powerful people are gathered just to avenge the death of big mouse's daughter?

• Blob 2

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I know the drama just ended and I’m super late to the party, but I just started this drama and on episode 1 :lol:

I heard the ending is bad though?? And there’s going to be a season 2?

I don't think there will be a season 2. The official answer to that was more like, nice try, I don't think that's going to happen. (But said politely.)

• Blob 3

On 9/20/2022 at 9:53 PM, ferily said:

I know the drama just ended and I’m super late to the party, but I just started this drama and on episode 1 :lol:

Chingu, the ending is almost as bad as the ending of Mouse.... :grimace:

Maybe stop watching. :joy:

On 9/18/2022 at 6:26 PM, Newbie21SG said:

I give the ending 2/10 and an overall 6-6.5/10 for the serial. It was 8-8.5/10 for the first 12 episodes though!

I give the same rating!

:approves:

On 9/19/2022 at 8:00 PM, Photo Photo said:

What happened to this drama? Did something happen to rush the ending in the last 10 minutes?

I swear, these writers just don't know how to wrap up a drama decently. :rage:

This is my alternate ending from ep 12 onward. :joy: Please take note writers! This alternate ending would have at least been better than the drivel you put us through!

:evilelmo:

1) Everyone believes that the dead Room Leader is Big Mouse, even Chang Ho. Chang Ho becomes the new "Big Mouse", but little does he know that someone is pulling the strings behind the scene. His lawyer friend is shown to be a part of the organization.

2) Miho is never exposed to the radiation, and continues to search for Prof Seo's paper.

3) Chang Ho tries to get Mayor to go to jail, but nothing seems to work.

4) Right when he's about to give up, a tarot card with a message is left on his desk. A sign from Big Mouse! :love:

5) Big Mouse is alive and is helping Chang Ho behind the scenes - still in a shroud of mystery who he or she is. Miho finds Prof. Seo's paper - Mayor's wife has had a enough of her hubby's shenanigans and secretly helps Miho instead. At the same time revealing what was in that secret lab.

6) Mayor's dirty life is exposed in the most epic way when Big Mouse gets Go Ji Hoon to use the truth serum on Mayor and he confesses all his crimes on video which is broadcast live on TV.

7) Big Mouse and Chang Ho set another trap for Go Ji Hoon and the other NR Forum goons who need to go to jail for their crimes. They're all locked away. Hye Jin's body is found and she gets a proper burial.

8) Chang Ho gets a message through a tarot card that it's time for him to meet Big Mouse. He goes to the orphanage where he used to live, and he meets Miho's dad there. Miho's dad says he's not Big Mouse but that Big Mouse asked to give him something. It's a lot of gold and money (all stolen from the Mayor and NR Forum - rightfully so). It's time for Chang Ho to retire. Miho's dad doesn't reveal why he was the one who shared BM's message.

9) Time jump: Chang Ho and Miho are living happily ever after. Chang Ho has a successful law firm and Miho is doing what she loves with her patients.

Pan camera to a tropical island and we see a man sipping on a drink - a Big Mouse is tattooed on his back. Tarot cards in front of him. It's Jerry! :scream:

10) Flashback: Young Jerry has become an orphan - and is living on the streets. Miho's dad, the cop, being the nice guy as he is, looks after him and makes sure he is taken into an orphanage. We find out it's the same orphanage an older Chang Ho is living in. Jerry is always scared and hungry, but his hyung Chang Ho takes care of him and brings milk to him from his part time job. Jerry looks thankfully at Chang Ho.

11) Camera back to the present: Jerry smiles, sips on his drink and sends a message to his organization. Time to make more money - it's a tough job being Big Mouse... ;)

Fixed it @Sleepy Owl :loolz:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ferily said:

I heard the ending is bad though?? And there’s going to be a season 2?

The drama is not worth it in my opinion. If you can skip just skip.

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, ferily said:

Wait a minute, should I not keep watching then? 

Chingu, I know your previous run-in with another Mouse drama was painful.... :sweats:Maybe stop watching this Big Mouse drama while you still have your sanity intact?

Sassy Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

12 minutes ago, frozentundra said:

@partyonI am totally going to pretend that happened! You need to lend out your services to Kdrama writers in search of an ending. :)

Thanks, chingu. :D I'm pretending this is how the drama ended too. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I’m on episode 8 right now and I’m enjoying the drama so far. I’ve been reading past comments that said they think Park Chang Ho is really Big Mouse but I don’t think that’s true at all and they are getting fooled :loolz: I feel like we have enough evidence that it isn’t chang ho, but at the same time I say this, I’m like, I already got fooled by Mouse soooo…it’s possible……maybe

• Like 1